Is Palin’s national political career over?

posted at 5:45 pm on July 3, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

The news of Sarah Palin’s resignation as governor came during my show this afternoon, where we spent most of an hour discussing it with the chatizens and my co-host Duane Patterson.  I’ve had a chance to watch the video of her announcement and read through dozens of Twitter messages back and forth attempting to rationalize this, and still, it simply can’t be rationalized on the basis of what Palin said today.  It’s easily the most bizarre resignation I’ve seen, and just about senseless.

The lame-duck explanation was the most incoherent part of the entire statement:

“Once I decided not to run for re-election, I also felt that to embrace the conventional ‘Lame Duck’ status in this particular climate would just be another dose of ‘politics as usual,’ something I campaigned against and will always oppose. It is my duty to always protect our great state. With that in mind, my family and I determined that it is best to make a difference this summer, and I am willing to change things, so that this administration, with its positive agenda, its accomplishments and its successful road to an incredible future, can continue without interruption and with great administrative and legislative success.”

Bear in mind that the election isn’t next month but about 16 months from now, in November 2010.  Using this logic, Palin should never have run for the first term unless she was willing to run for the second, and not run for either if she wasn’t willing (or legally able) to run for a third.  Politicians don’t enter lame-duck status until their successor has already been elected and they’re running out the rest of the term. And all politicians become lame ducks at some point — and none of them quit just to avoid it.

Also, how can Palin quit because she didn’t want to deal with being a lame duck and claim in the same breath that her administration would “continue without interruption”?  She just interrupted it!  If she thinks that being a “lame duck” would hamper her ability to push her agenda in the state’s capital, how does she think that an unelected Sean Parnell is going to get it done?

If it’s her duty to always “protect” Alaska, then that strongly implies not walking away from the responsibility of governing it — a responsibility she sought, and with which her constituents trusted her to execute.  No one leads by quitting.  No one leads by quitting.  Palin’s abandoning  her post, and at least from her own description, doing it because she doesn’t want to deal with the issues of being a “lame duck,” a status all politicians have to handle at some point.

I’ve seen a myriad of excuses on Twitter and e-mail for this bizarre resignation: her legal bills are too high, she’s putting her family first, she doesn’t want to distract Alaskans because of cheap-shot ethics complaints that are distracting everyone.  None of those make any sense.  If the spotlight was too much, then she shouldn’t have run for office in the first place.  If she’s quitting because people are taking potshots at her, then she’s not the kind of political fighter we thought she was.  The legal bills might be a rational reason, but thoroughly insufficient for betraying the people who put her in charge of Alaska — and her memoirs would have paid for her legal bills many times over, had she completed her term.

There’s really no excuse, and what Rich Lowry also calls her “terrible,” “rambling,” and “not at all persuasive” statement showed that.  Unless there was a serious illness or a serious scandal, the resignation on the grounds Palin gave is simply incomprehensible.  She has destroyed her own credibiity in a single day.

I liked Sarah Palin and supported her inclusion on the GOP ticket last fall.  I thought she had more toughness than this.  It’s a big disappointment, and it’s the end of any hope of Palin getting taken seriously as a politician on the national level in the future.

Update (AP): I was going to tuck this into one of my own posts but it fits better here. Quin Hillyer, senior editor at the Spectator, calls the resignation an “appalling dereliction of duty.”

What Sarah Palin did today was get out before the real challenges of the job (whatever challenges there are for such an easy job) really rear their heads. The going got tough in terms of spurious ethics charges against her, and she took off. That’s cowardly. That’s not sign of staying power. It’s a sign of wanting to get out while the getting is good, in order to become a full-time candidate for a presidential race that won’t culminate for 3 1/2 more years. It’s a little too calculating, by half — or more.

I just listened to her speech announcing her decision, and found it singularly unimpressive. “This was a rambling, bombastic, self-centered, ‘poor me’ kind of speech.” That’s how Mike Carey of the Anchorage Daily News just described her speech on Fox News. I agree. He then said it was, darn, I already can’t remember if he said it was “pitiful” or “pathetic,” but it was some word like that. Again, I agree. It was a speech in which she clearly made a bit for a national audience — not a very effective bid, but a transparent one — but didn’t adequately explain to the people of Alaska why she was relinquishing her duty…

Statesmen hang tough. Sarah Palin is cutting and running. ‘Nuff said.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 28 29 30 31 32 34

CONTENT WARNING!

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Scary stuff ;)

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:47 AM

Really wasn’t trying…I’d rather flirt than snark…

…did I really say that out loud?

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Watch out. BB might be lurking.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:47 AM

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Why would he shave Michelle’s butt?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:48 AM

I have that that joy of watching a bug fly into the bug zapper whenever I see that picture… I see the train wreck coming…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:41 AM

If you’re idea of entertainment is a six-pack and a bug zapper…you just might be a redneck…

~~Jeff Foxworthy

Yeah…I R 1…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:48 AM

I suspect that the straw man you are attempting to set up is that anyone who says something positive about Romney and is a Mormon has no credibility. It ignores the fact that millions of people supported Romney and have no inclination toward his faith, or any other for that matter.

csdeven on July 4, 2009 at 4:40 PM

I well remember your labeling of anyone critical of Mormonism as a “gibot.” This also included anyone who did not consider Mormonism to be a Christian faith.

As for how many Mormons support Romney, the Nevada primary saw Romney get 90% of the Republican primary. Nevada was home to a huge Mormon population. This high number suggests very strongly that Mormons in Nevada voted nearly 100% for Romney. Granted, it’s not proof that Mormons tended to vote for Romney, but it’s a much stronger correlation than was ever found for evangelicals voting against Romney.

As for myself, I guess I would be classed as evangelical, and not a Romney supporter, but it had to do more with not trusting him as a conservative than his Mormon faith. There was a point when the better candidates had dropped out that I would have voted for Romney as the best of those left, but it passed quickly, since McCain had the nomination sewn up shortly afterwards.

But pretending being Mormon is so irrelevant to any discussion that no one should being it up is not really plausible.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 5, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Forgot this horror movie made about you.

CONTENT WARNING!

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 1:42 AM

ROFLMAO…poor widdle upstater…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:49 AM

Forgot this horror movie made about you.

CONTENT WARNING!

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 1:42 AM

ROFLMAO…poor widdle upstater…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:49 AM

See, I totally think that black kitten is BlatantBlue after Helen has trained him… I’m sorry, but that’s not me.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Watch out. BB might be lurking.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:47 AM

I’m sorry…why would that matter?

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM

+ BB likes the Cougars (aka felines).

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I’m sorry…why would that matter?

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM

You know how he likes to flirt with the good lookin’ ladies ;)

OK, stepping away from flirting. Pretty much suck at it.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Hey Lox, what movie had these lyrics.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Actually, I don’t know. I have great difficulty tolerating accompanied singing. I mostly listen to a capella chant and religious songs from the Medieval, Renaissance, and a bit of Baroque. The only reason I can play with music lyrics is that I’ve read about them. I’ve never seen a movie musical in my life, other than The Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Oh, and has anyone seen HornetSting or txag or Basil tonight?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Why would he shave Michelle’s butt?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Hey U, I’m not going there. I believe that spouses & kids are out of bounds. No matter, no razor to the rear here for her.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 1:53 AM

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 1:53 AM

I agree with you on kids. Campaigning wives that espouse the same views… Hmmm…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 1:53 AM

I agree with you on kids. Campaigning wives that espouse the same views… Hmmm…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Must ditto Upstater85, and would add even when the kids are used as decoys and props. They are still out of bounds. But spouses? probably never out of bounds.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM

Oh come on…that could so be you.

+ BB likes the Cougars (aka felines).

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM

So he says…repeatedly…LOL

You know how he likes to flirt with the good lookin’ ladies ;)

OK, stepping away from flirting. Pretty much suck at it.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Oh don’t go…you’re better than you think…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Hey Lox, what movie had these lyrics.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 1:35 AM

I found that Louie Armstrong (!!) sang that song…I’ll keep looking for the movie…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:58 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Fine, you guys (Lox and you) can call me a widdle black kitten every day IF (pay attention Lox), Lox looks at 1 Pelosi pic per day.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I agree with you on kids. Campaigning wives that espouse the same views… Hmmm…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Also can’t forget her involvement in the Walpin firing. She inserts herself in the running of government she is fair game. Kids, however, are totally off limits no matter what.

msmveritas on July 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Oh, and has anyone seen HornetSting or txag or Basil tonight?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Talked to HornetSting on FB earlier…no to the others…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Wow, your really missing out. The whole Rodgers and Hammerstein catalog is pure joy. My grandfather was asked by my brother if he could carry a tune and his immediate reply was “how much does it weigh?” I’ll never forget that summer day in 1967.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I don’t care what Lox does…I’m gonna call you a widdle black kitten…everyday…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:02 AM

msmveritas on July 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

And Michelle (as was Hillary) is still getting her hands dirty.

Boy do I miss Laura Bush. She’s gotta be one of the classiest, and perhaps more intelligent/wise First Ladies we had – even when I disagree with her.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:03 AM

msmveritas on July 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Yeah..that Walpin thing bugs me.

But leave the kids alone…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:03 AM

OK, maybe Abigail Adams has her clearly beaten …

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Alrighty then. Would you prefer Mrs. Slocombe’s Pussy?

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Okay…so we know Upstater85, the widdle black kitten, knows his movies and show tunes…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:05 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 1:58 AM

That’s true. I can hear it in my head now. Rob Reiner film with Meg Ryan & Billy Crystal. “When Harry Met Sally.” Yet, he wasn’t the only one to sing it. It was very popular.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:05 AM

But leave the kids alone…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Uh… I forgot who I was talking to, but the other day after Simon-something-McTroll had posted a TrigTrooferism comment and we all went berserk, someone said, something along the lines of

“We wouldn’t attack Obama’s kids.”

I’ve thought about it before, and then I get a really guilty sinking feeling in my stomach. I don’t think I could. It’s just not right.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Yeah…Laura is class…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:06 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:05 AM

No, this monstrous black panther, knows how to use Google

I depend on Google. It’s my drug of choice.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I think I just got censored.

Do you remember the British TV show, “Are you being served?” I tried to offer a compromise by letting you have Mrs. Slocombe’s “cat.” But I couldn’t post it.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM

By the way, why is it so often a central tenant of cults that the leaders get to have multiple sex partners?

guntotinglibertarian on July 4, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Considering the bible is rife with it, I’m not surprised.

csdeven on July 4, 2009 at 4:53 PM

GTL, It’s spelled “tenet,” not “tenant.”

(Now watch me make some silly spelling error…)

As for the Bible being rife with it, false. The early church said bishops and deacons had to be the husband of one wife. Jesus said the man should cling to his wife, not add to his wives. Only in the Old Testament do we have multiple wives, and certainly never by commandment. Abraham had one wife. When he foolishly added a concubine to “help” God keep His promise of children, it was a huge mistake. Isaac only had one wife. Jacob wound up with two wives and two concubines, but it’s quite clear he only wanted one, Rachel, and got stuck with Leah through the trickery of his father-in-law. Moses had one wife. There’s no record of prophets having multiple wives.

Plus, there’s a specific warning in the Law of Moses that a king should not multiply to himself wives.

So no, this thing of Joseph Smith having multiple wives clearly cannot be blamed on the Bible. In fact, as I recall, it was a special revelation given to Joseph Smith, with an extra revelation to his wife that God wanted her to accept the new wives. Been a while since I read it, but I believe it was in the Pearl of Great Price or Doctrine and Covenants.

Mohammed also didn’t get the practice of multiple wives from the Bible. It was part of Arab culture at the time. However, he did have a revelation that limited men to having no more than 4 wives. With a rather convenient revelation that the restriction didn’t apply to Mohammed himself, who had more.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM

Yeah, when I didn’t have cable, I watched it on PBS.

I don’t want Mrs. Slocombe’s anything!

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:08 AM

“We wouldn’t attack Obama’s kids.”

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:06 AM

The kids are innocent of their parents’ politics, leave them alone…well, ’til they are adults and can speak for themselves…

…the exception, of course, is Chelsea Clinton.

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:09 AM

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Except under very special or controlled circumstances, my brain short circuits when I hear accompanied music. Of course, few notice the difference between that and my normal functioning, so…

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:10 AM

No, this monstrous black panther, knows how to use Google

I depend on Google. It’s my drug of choice.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM

See…I told you that you could flirt…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I don’t care what Lox does…I’m gonna call you a widdle black kitten…everyday…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Dear Upstater85, I beg your forgiveness and most especially, for the sake of your soul, I beg you not to retaliate against a feeble minded old man.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:11 AM

See…I told you that you could flirt…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:10 AM

Just correcting something said in a uhhmm previous thread about a little kitten.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on July 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM

King Solomon had at least 1000 wives. Top that. Talk about stamina. They sure don’t make them like they used to.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Don’t worry. I won’t hold it against you… I’m just gonna Jenfidel you ;)

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM

And Michelle (as was Hillary) is still getting her hands dirty.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:03 AM

I propose we use Billary and Bichelle.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:13 AM

I propose we use Billary and Bichelle.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:13 AM

So tempting…

Oh, this is gold, but I’m sure Ed would throw a fit…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Yeah…okay…whatever…widdle black kitten…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:14 AM

No, this monstrous black panther, knows how to use Google

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:07 AM

I apologize, but I must report your confession to the FBI.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Yeah, that’s a gross number. I wonder how many he had to visit every night. Maybe he wasn’t so wise in that aspect of his life.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Stamina my ass…I bet you that 999 of those wives were frustrated….

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I don’t want Mrs. Slocombe’s anything!

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:08 AM

But you could double date with BB and Helen!

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Yeah…okay…whatever…widdle black kitten…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Well, I’ll be HornetSting’s widdle black kitten. Everyone knows she feeds her pets Liberals hit by her Jeep…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:16 AM

I apologize, but I must report your confession to the FBI.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM

If Cheerios is a drug than Google better be too.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

And Michelle (as was Hillary) is still getting her hands dirty.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:03 AM

I propose we use Billary and Bichelle.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:13 AM
How about president Marack?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

But you could double date with BB and Helen!

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:16 AM

I thought Mrs. Slocombe’s cat was Helen Thomas… I guess I was wrong.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

How about president Marack?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Queen Obama’s wife?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Um…no…you’re my widdle black kitten…she has to come up with her own name for you…

…besides…she’ll just feed you to her dog…seriously, you WILL want my protection…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:06 AM

Don’t. Never children. Ever.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Stamina my ass…I bet you that 999 of those wives were frustrated….

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I’ll defer to the young buck BB for a more potent reply to your statement.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:19 AM

If Cheerios is a drug than Google better be too.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

I’m having Cheerios for breakfast…that’s my FU to the Cheerios nazis…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:19 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:18 AM

OK, fair enough. But I doubt she’ll be so cruel. She’ll give me a more masculine name.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:20 AM

How about president Marack?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Hehe

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:20 AM

I’ll defer to the young buck BB for a more potent reply to your statement.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:19 AM

I think even BB would agree with Lady.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:20 AM

I’m having Cheerios for breakfast…that’s my FU to the Cheerios nazis…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:19 AM

Dang right!

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:21 AM

GTL, It’s spelled “tenet,” not “tenant.”

Thanks for the correction. One should not post at top speed while drinking cognac.

But it is remarkable how many cult leaders insist upon their right to multiple sex partners: Mohammed (May Peace Be Upon Him),Joseph Smith, Jim Jones, David Koresh…the list does go on and on. And in each of those instances, apparently God also sanctioned pedophilia.

That sort of God makes me a bit nervous. I prefer a God who reveals to his prophets that they have a right to, oh, a second helping of waffles or super-sized fries.

guntotinglibertarian on July 5, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Talk about stamina. They sure don’t make them like they used to.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM

That’s what mine is called, too. What do you call yours?

Also, I came with mine already assembled.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Queen Obama’s wife? spouse?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:18 AM

FIFY, It equates neutrality.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:22 AM

I’ll defer to the young buck BB for a more potent reply to your statement.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:19 AM

Defer???? He’s probably asleep…he’s just a kid, ya know…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:20 AM

You need a masculine name to feel masculine??

So sorry..I misjudged you…i thought you were…manly…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:23 AM

FIFY, It equates neutrality.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Good call, we really don’t know who wears the pants and at what time of the day…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:24 AM

You need a masculine name to feel masculine??

So sorry..I misjudged you…i thought you were…manly…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Ouch… and yet one more notch down.

Fine, call me widdle black kitten. Real men deal with it. Barack Obama blames Fox.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:24 AM

I’m sensing that this has the potential to be 3000+ by the morning…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:25 AM

That’s what mine is called, too. What do you call yours?

Also, I came with mine already assembled.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Hear here to your they’re there or whatever does not require batteries.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:27 AM

I think even BB would agree with Lady.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:20 AM

LOL..he probably wouldn’t admit it tho…

That’s what mine is called, too. What do you call yours?

Also, I came with mine already assembled.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Do NOT take this the wrong way…but that put me and my chardonnay in the floor…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:28 AM

Ouch… and yet one more notch down.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:24 AM

You’re getting it now…just hang in there…Obama is a wuss…you don’t have to be…please don’t be…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:29 AM

How about president Marack?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

How about President Mussein.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Hear here to your they’re there or whatever does not require batteries.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:27 AM

And you have had exactly WHAT to drink….???

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Americannodash

Going back to your point (and maybe GTL’s), Obama may have actually beat Solomon. How many people work for CNN, MSNBC, NYT, LAT, CBS, ABC, NBC, and Helen Thomas?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:31 AM

How about president Marack?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM
How about President Mussein.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Too many choices!!!

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Do NOT take this the wrong way…but that put me and my chardonnay in the floor…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:28 AM

Not to worry. I’ve gotten used to that reaction.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:31 AM

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Obama makes wusses look like Jet Li

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

How about president Marack?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:17 AM

How about President Mussein.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Gotta get a spin on Moobs… maybe Foobs?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

How about President Mussein.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Here I thought your come back was gonna be Pres. Marack Ho Llama.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Excellent! ROTFLMAO…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

MoobseinInsano?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Not to worry. I’ve gotten used to that reaction.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:31 AM

You guys are killing me tonight…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Wife of the President – the one and only Wise, Mad Black woman!

And I say one and only, because I’m sure this is what she and the rest of her white liberal friends think…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Obama makes wusses look like Jet Li

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Ooooo, Jet Li…he’s hot….

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Ooooo, Jet Li…he’s hot….

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:34 AM

…and manly, right? I mean, come on, the guy redefined manly.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Clarify — figuratively or literally?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Hear here to your they’re there or whatever does not require batteries.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Do you drive with a AAA?

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:36 AM

…and manly, right? I mean, come on, the guy redefined manly.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:35 AM

He is hot…who redfined manly? Do you really want my list??

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:36 AM

I’m sensing that this has the potential to be 3000+ by the morning…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:25 AM

You only have about 45 more comments to get to 3000. Go for it.

msmveritas on July 5, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Is Palin’s national political career over?

Ed Morrisey

Usually I would shy away from criticizing you, since you’re so much better informed than me…

…but c’mon! 3000 comments?

Saltysam on July 5, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Clarify — figuratively or literally?

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Think of each employee of the said “news” sources as being an employee (OK, sans John Stossel). Obama will have to please them.

Further, when they all come under the name of ObamaNews, they’ll be celebrating their 50th (days) anniversary.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:37 AM

He is hot…who redfined manly? Do you really want my list??

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:36 AM

Go for it.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:38 AM

You only have about 45 more comments to get to 3000. Go for it.

msmveritas on July 5, 2009 at 2:36 AM

We can all use Teh Farce to get to that magical Obamaian number…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:38 AM

Gotta get a spin on Moobs… maybe Foobs?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

Here I thought your come back was gonna be Pres. Marack Ho Llama.

Americannodash on July 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

MoobseinInsano?

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:32 AM

You guys are slaying me…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:38 AM

You guys are killing me tonight…

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Been told that many a time as well.

It’s amazing how limited women’s vocabulary is under certain, um, perhaps I can say, circumstances.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:39 AM

get’s = gets

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:42 AM

Go for it.

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:38 AM

Bruce Willis
Mark Wahlberg
Jason Statham
Daniel Craig

I would add…Blatantblue and Upstater85, but wouldn’t want you two to get conceited or anything….

ladyingray on July 5, 2009 at 2:44 AM

Back to Michelle’s name…

Upstater85 on July 5, 2009 at 2:42 AM

She who shall not bear arms.

Loxodonta on July 5, 2009 at 2:44 AM