Video: New Mona Lisa Project undercover video in Alabama

posted at 12:14 pm on June 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Lila Rose and Jackie Stollar have another of their series of exposés of Planned Parenthood clinics and their refusal to follow the law in reporting sexual abuses of underaged girls.  This time, Lila and Jackie went to Birmingham, Alabama to procure an abortion as a 14-year-old girl impregnated by a 31-year-old man.  According to Alabama law, that’s statutory rape, and the law requires any health-care provider to report it to law enforcement.  Does this PP clinic follow the law?  Er, no:

Lila Rose, 20-year-old UCLA student and Live Action president, went undercover at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Birmingham and told a counselor that she was 14-years-old, pregnant by her 31-year-old “boyfriend,” and needed a secret abortion so her parents would not find out about her sexual relationship with the older man.

After telling the counselor that her “boyfriend” is 31, Rose asks, “Is it a problem about my boyfriend?” The counselor, identified as “Tanisha” in the video, responds, “As long as you consented to having sex with him, there’s nothing we can truly do about that.” Rose then says that her boyfriend “said he could get in big trouble,” and Tanisha acknowledges that “he could, especially if your parents find out that he’s 31.”  She then tells Rose that the clinic manager, OB/GYN Dr. Desiree Bates, “sometimes does bend the rules a little bit” and states that “whatever you tell us stays within these walls” and “we can’t disclose any information to anybody.”

Alabama Code 26-14-3 requires health professionals to disclose suspected cases of sexual abuse to state officials immediately.

In this case, the clinic worker seems more interested in passing the buck to her boss rather than make a decision herself.  Unlike other PP workers, Tanisha insists on having parental consent for the abortion — but then Tanisha tries helping what she thinks is a 14-year-old evade that requirement by seeing if she has an older sister who can pose as her mother.  She then tells Lila that HIPAA requirements keep them from saying anything about the felonious relationship to anyone else, but that’s clearly not true, and Planned Parenthood knows better.

Once again, we see that Planned Parenthood is much more interested in profiting from their abortion mill than in protecting girls from abusive relationships and following the law.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I didn’t know that black people had race specific names.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Really? You don’t automatically think the person might possibly be black when you hear a name like Taniqua? You assume that could just as easily be a white girl’s name?

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I heard that, despite here racist drive to reduce the non-white population through birth control, she was actually against abortion.

Count to 10 on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Read “Killer Angel” by George Grant. You have been misled by an apologist for Margaret Sanger.

Right_of_Attila on June 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Considering Planned Parenthood’s deep pockets when it comes to campaign donations/bribes, I’m guessing the Alabama Attny General will feel this case is : “Above His Pay Grade”

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I’m pretty sure Troy King is about the last person PP would be giving donations to.

bamaconservative on June 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Ris4victory

How many kids have you adopted? How many kids with special needs have you adopted? Do you support welfare payments to help people with unplanned pregnancies? Bringing the child to term is the easy part. It is the following 18 years that are tough to navigate. Especially, if you are dealing with a child with special needs.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Right. So they should be murdered. You’re evil.

zeebeach on June 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Hey Ed? If there was ever a reason to slam down with the banhammer, this is it. Trolling at it’s worst.

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Cmon that was funny.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:03 PM

a black child (male) i know is going to Howard Univ in a few weeks under the auspices of the Black Religious Foundation for their “sexuality” conference. there is big focus on HIV?AIDS & birth control. it is a pro-choice gathering.

i tried to find out who funds this group, but could not.

kelley in virginia on June 30, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I’m sorry I live in America. I don’t assign names to different races. My name is Terry. What race am I Esthier?

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Yeah, it’s totally hard. So we should kill them instead. ALL BETTER LOL!

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 30, 2009 at 1:05 PM

It drives pro-aborts mental that those in the abortion industry have to wonder whether they are on record when they interact with patients.

Think of it as candid camera, except the train-wreck ending is totally up to the abortion provider. Will he obey the law, or violate it?

If you’re not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Right?

jeff_from_mpls on June 30, 2009 at 1:05 PM

terry, if you are so unaware of the names that many black children have that are not Biblical or rooted in any family surnames, then you don’t get out much.

kelley in virginia on June 30, 2009 at 1:05 PM

I’m sorry I live in America. I don’t assign names to different races.

No one assigns those names to races, but you’re being deliberately obtuse if you’re pretending those names are 99% given to people of one race.

My name is Terry. What race am I Esthier?

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Don’t at all care, Terry.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM

bamaconservative on June 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I didn’t mean to speak against the man. Perhaps he’ll do something most other AGs where this has happened haven’t done. Actually indict someone.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Morally… I don’t get what they could be telling themselves unless they believe that kids that young really can make informed decisions about sex with 31-year-olds. I just have a hard time believing they believe that.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 1:00 PM

PP should inform the police.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM

My name is Sven, what color am I?

Don’t be obtuse.

jeff_from_mpls on June 30, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I’m going to pretend I don’t know things I actually know to make my debate opponents look bad. Because it’s not as if it’s so pervasive that even Saturday Night Live makes jokes about it.

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 30, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Ok fine I’m just messing around. I just love getting you guys riled up.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Jesus, hasn’t PP learned by now not to do this?
doodleduh on June 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Have any of these cases been prosecuted?

Until that happens, none of these videos will “teach” the baby killers and statutory rape posses how to do anything except get free advertising.

logis on June 30, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Ok fine I’m just messing around. I just love getting you guys riled up.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Junior high?

What’s the over-under here? Anyone?

jeff_from_mpls on June 30, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I might be the greatest mass aborter in history. I’ve probably let trillions of possible little Terry Silvers go by the wayside. lol

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Nope, you don’t have to worry, ’cause they never got NEAR an egg.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Nope, you don’t have to worry, ’cause they never got NEAR an egg.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Ahhh, I’ve got a good comeback but that would definitely get me banned.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Keep smacking em down Chekote.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:44 PM

The phrase “Get a room!” comes to mind.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Actually, it’s much easier to not get pregnant at all than it is to terminate an ‘unwanted’ pregnancy.

There is birth control that is 99.9% effective when used properly and 95% effective when used the way the average person uses it.

There’s also abstinence (*gasp* not the A word) that is 100% effective at preventing unwanted pregnancies.

The caricature of the pro-life movement you have in your head is laughable. Many in the pro-life movement are involved in counseling for new parents, adoption (with the Catholic church being one of the largest providers of adoption services), fostering as well as providing time and money to various charities that help with children.

I’m curious as to how far your belief that a life is not worthwhile unless it is ‘wanted’ goes? Is it only alright to kill the baby in the first trimester, before viability? Is it alright to kill all the way up to birth? If all the way up to birth, why not right after birth? The child doesn’t become any more wanted. After the age of 3, the liklihood that a child will be adopted drops way down. Can we ‘abort’ the children in foster care that are past their ‘adopt by’ date? Does this extend to the elderly? There are plenty of unwanted old people sitting in assisted living facilities that are nothing but a drain on society’s time and resources? Can we get rid of them too?

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Right. So they should be murdered. You’re evil.

zeebeach on June 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM

So I am evil for asking people to walk the talk. You are just interested in giving birth. Afterwards, so long dude. We are not interested.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Ahhh, I’ve got a good comeback but that would definitely get me banned.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Awwww, please, let’s hear it. I’m sure it’s precious.

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Ok fine I’m just messing around. I just love getting you guys riled up.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Yeah, that’s way easier than having coherent arguments. Especially when, deep down, you know that you and your liberal friends are wrong about everything you live for.

I’ve got to hand it to you – arguing on the side of evil must be soul-wrenching.

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM

My name is Terry. What race am I Esthier?

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Terry is a hard one. Can’t even guess the sex reliability.

On the other hand, some are fairly easy. Most ‘Miyuki’s are Asian females, though there are probably exceptions. My point? None, except to point out the pointlessness of the discussion.

DarkCurrent on June 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Some people just don’t have the mental maturity to know the difference from killing a baby and popping their pimples.

fourdeucer on June 30, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

No, you’re evil for advocating killing people as an alternative to letting them live.

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 30, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Yes. We all made a deal with the devil. He promised us good looks and luck with women. In exchange we must lobby for evil until the end of days.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:18 PM

My name is Terry. What race am I Esthier?

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Martian?

hip shot on June 30, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

You’re psychic too? You know how we think? I repeat – tell that to my adopted son.

You were born anencephalitic, right?

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Lila Rose is a hero working the front lines, exposing Planned Parenthood amorality. And she is doing her work very well. God bless her.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Cmon you guys should know that Terry is a very common lizard people name.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

You’ve been proven wrong in this very thread, but let me add on. Most “unwanted” babies can be easily adopted, there are waiting lists in many places. Even “special-needs” kids are often placed relatively easily.

Lots of the kids waiting for adoption are older kids, taken from abuse/neglect situations and having been cycled through the foster care system so that there are trust/behavior issues that make it difficult for successful placement.

cs89 on June 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Tanisha, heh, I found tape of Tanisha at her previous career endeavor.

Alden Pyle on June 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Ahhh, I’ve got a good comeback but that would definitely get me banned.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Oh, you do, do you?
Well?
We’re waiting…

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM

He promised us good looks and luck with women.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:18 PM

We all know the truth about this. You’ve already bragged about your habits.

I doubt you could be dumber (but I bet you’ll try to prove me wrong).

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

By the way, there is often a wait of 3-5 years in the United States to adopt a baby with Down’s Syndrome.

There are plenty of people out there walking the walk.

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Chekote, I take it you missed the part about there being a 2-year waiting list to adopt a baby? You must not read very well.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Oh, you do, do you?
Well?
We’re waiting…

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Cmon, you don’t want to see me go. Admit it. I bet this is the most fun you’ve ever had in an abortion chat.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

JadeNYU

What does an embryo have to do with old people in nursing homes? The mental gymnastics you have to go through to make your argument. My point is that most of the pro-life movement is interested in bringing the pregnancy to term. Once the baby is born, they really don’t care what happens. Yes, they are adoption services. But what if – after carrying the child for nine months – the mother does not want to give up the child but can’t afford. Is the pro-life movement going to help her financially?

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Mothers killing their own children. It’s the American way.

Mojave Mark on June 30, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:21 PM

You see squiggy the difference between us and you is that we don’t pretend that we don’t do certain things that EVERYBODY does.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Oh, you do, do you?
Well?
We’re waiting…

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

So in other words, you don’t have a witty comeback, and you’re not actually as smart as you think you are. Well, color me surprised.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Everybody doesn’t stand up for their principles. And you lefty’s can’t because you have none.

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Or so you tell yourself to preserve your fragile ego.

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 30, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Don’t play with the moonbat. He has no way of even imagining that you’re making fun of him.

These pathetic losers live for the tiniest bit attention from grownups, and if you give it to them they will NEVER go away.

logis on June 30, 2009 at 1:29 PM

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 30, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Let me guess. You’ve never spanked the monkey. (rolling eyes)

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:29 PM

There are plenty of people out there walking the walk.

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM

If there is more demand for babies than supply, does it make sense to subsidize the mothers who are considering abortion? I know this is done to some extent, but why not compete with planned parenthood centers that will offer services and compensation to pregnant women who might go the adoption route?

A substantial political change on abortion is very unlikely for at least a generation. Why not consolidate money and resources around a free market alternative?

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 1:29 PM

logis on June 30, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Mommy the bad man won’t let me play. He’s mean.lol

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Is the pro-life movement going to help her financially?

Yes, Catholic Charities for one of many.

Starting to move the goalposts I see.

Tomblvd on June 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

We already do, moron. And we always have. (although with the incredible massive tax increases and the hyperinflation coming, it will get harder)

So in your stunted little mind, it’s a terrible thing for a mother to give birth and decide to keep the baby? What a strange, terrible world you live in.

Besides, if you leftist “men” would ever take responsibility for your own children, this wouldn’t be an issue, would it?

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Straw Man! Are you taking lessons from the O-Man?

No one in this thread has suggested we shouldn’t help single women who need help. Quite the contrary, many have indicated happiness in adoption and charitable acts. What you are probably mistaking for cruelty is this: we expect people who make bad decisions to deal with the consequences of their own bad decisions. No one can be surprised that when a 14 or 15 year girl has a baby, usually things don’t go well for her. Bad decisions beget bad consequences.

Goldenavatar on June 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM

dedalus: the govt. already offers free pre-natal visits for pregnant women on medicaid. the govt. already pays a certain amt. per child for their support (up until a certain number of children & i don’t know how many that is).

dedalus:i’m not arguing with you, but want to bring this up: if we give money to women so they will have the child so that the child can then be adopted, are we paying a woman to “sell” her child?

kelley in virginia on June 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM

exactly

bazil9 on June 30, 2009 at 1:38 PM

They probably didn’t even believe her and were trying to find a way to get rid of her without being rude.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:46 PM

LOL

I’ll remember that defense the next time I get caught scoring some rock. “I thought it was sting and I was just being polite!!”

Lehosh on June 30, 2009 at 1:39 PM

You know Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization, right?

It’s truly despicable of you to paint this woman and this organization as out to profit off of other people’s abortions — as if they work on a quota system. It’s not an easy thing to work at an abortion clinic. And for you to try and paint them as coldly in this as a money-making venture is idiotic and dangerous.

Tom_Shipley on June 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Tanisha tried to CYA.

However, she did violate Alabama Code 26-14-3 because Lila Rose is not actually under 18 years of age.

It is not a violation of the statute if you believe someone is under 18 years of age when the person is not actually under 18 years of age.

slp on June 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

abortion is the holy sacrament of the left…they would give up everything else, before this.

right4life on June 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Okay, I see where you are confused. Let me try to straighten you out here. Most abortions do not happen because the mother fears bringing a child into poverty. (Quite the reverse: The more children a single mother on welfare has, the more money she gets from the state. The poorest demographic in this country is the only one nowadays where children are an economic asset instead of a liability.)

My late father was a psychiatrist. Before Roe v. Wade, the law in the state where he practiced was that any woman seeking an abortion had to be evaluated by a mental health professional and then referred to an abortionist. I helped him consolidate his files some years before he died, and I got a good look at the hundreds of abortion referrals he did. (He approved 100% of the procedures, by the way. He never recommended against allowing the abortion. We never talked about it, but it was a bit of a shock to me to find out that I was more pro-life, in this sense anyway, than my dad…) In not one of his referral cases was financial or economic hardship ever mentioned as a contributing factor in the woman’s desire to terminate the pregnancy. Not one. They were of all ages, single or married, college-educated or not, had had other children or not, working or stay-at-home or unemployed. They had many different reasons for wanting to have the abortion — had enough children already and didn’t want more, marriage was in trouble, the pregnancy was the result of an affair, single and didn’t want the stigma of an out-of-wedlock baby, not in good physical or mental health — but lack of money to raise the baby was not mentioned as a factor, not even once. I think that’s a red herring.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Let me guess. You’ve never spanked the monkey. (rolling eyes)

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Price of tea? China?

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Tom_Shipley on June 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

And yet, not as dangerous as it is for the people they participate in killing.

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 30, 2009 at 1:45 PM

kelley in virginia on June 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM

If the alternative is a dead child then it would seem preferable despite the potential for abuse. There are steps you could take to deter abuse–make the compensation less in cash and more in resources and support during pregnancy or limit the number of times a woman is eligible for the program.

There needs to be some acknowledgement that a woman who agrees to go through an additional 6 months of pregnancy in order to hand over her baby to another couple will undergo a meaningful logistical and financial expense.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Seconded. This punk is Dailykoz disgusting!

Lanceman on June 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Straw Man! Are you taking lessons from the O-Man?
Goldenavatar on June 30, 2009 at 1:33 PM

OH NO! The moonbat has an imperfect thought process. Knock me over with a feather.

Let’s stop and think about this for a second here: since when have serial killers been famous for their unerring use of logic?

logis on June 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Your name is Terry Silver? Yeah, and my name is John Kreese, and Esthier’s name is Daniel LaRusso. I know you named your guy after the bad guy in Karate Kid Part III. Don’t deny it.

Shock the Monkey on June 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

You know Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization, right?

Tom_Shipley on June 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Non-Profit doesn’t mean NO profit. They certainly DO make their money killing children. They certainly DO accept donations to be used to kill certain races, and obviously they certainly do cover up for pedophiles in an effort to “get the sale”.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

PP should inform the police.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Agreed. They shouldn’t be able to get away with not doing so either.

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I’ve wondered this myself. We’re at the point where we’ve said woman can abort a viable fetus even when giving birth would cause her no physical harm. How then is the fetus any different than a live baby?

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 1:29 PM

This often happens anyway when a pregnant woman agrees to give her child to a couple. There is a financial incentive to give birth to even an unwanted baby.

That said, I agree with you that an alternative to PP, one that helps with pregnancies and even other gyno related issues but also helps pregnant women get in touch with those who want a baby, would be helpful, likely more helpful than stricter abortion laws.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Chekote’s back!

lol

Must be the 1st of the month somewhere.

bluelightbrigade on June 30, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Your name is Terry Silver? …you named your guy after the bad guy in Karate Kid Part III. Don’t deny it.
Shock the Monkey on June 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

That’s the name of the gay prostitute prison trustee from Reno 911.

logis on June 30, 2009 at 1:50 PM

And by guy, I mean your account name…jesus what a day.

Shock the Monkey on June 30, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Doesn’t have to.

That’s what Obamacare is for. lol

Damn, for a liberal, you sure are stupid.

bluelightbrigade on June 30, 2009 at 1:51 PM

You know Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization, right?

Tom_Shipley on June 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

That word doesn’t mean what you think it does.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 1:48 PM

So what? It couldn’t possibly matter less that they get PAID for killing babies. As long as there is no evil “profit”, nothing they do can ever be wrong.

…So sayeth the Liberal God.

logis on June 30, 2009 at 1:53 PM

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM

That’s true, and I think the free market is already starting to approach that problem. Craigslist has lots of ads from clinics and private ads from infertile couples looking for either an egg donation ($3000 – $5000 and up) or a pregnancy surrogate ($10,000 – $30,000 and up).

What if there were an organization where a woman carrying an unwanted baby could sign up to be, say, a “Pink Rose Mother” or some other charming and catchy symbol, and get matched with adoptive parents for her baby, a stipend throughout her pregnancy, and prenatal care? That way there wouldn’t be a question of “selling the baby.” And if she liked (note that this should not be a requirement!), she could wear a button with the logo to help fend off criticism or nosy questions…

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

…So sayeth the Liberal God.

logis on June 30, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Karl Marx said that!?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 1:56 PM

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

And how about we start letting more whites adopt minority children?

bluelightbrigade on June 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM

You know Planned Parenthood is a non-profit organization, right?

Tom_Shipley on June 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

That’s a tax status, bro, not their business model.

bluelightbrigade on June 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I like it. Go ahead and start it.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Yeah it sounds like an idea that, if someone put a little bit of work into it, could save a few lives. Your idea around the button, logo and message is a good one, since instilling a sense of pride and accomplishment around the effort counter-programs the Planned Parenthood sterile and inhuman message. It is also likely that the organization could get a lot of free media time to promote its efforts.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Lila Rose is a true hero.

Knuckledragger on June 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM

And how about we start letting more whites adopt minority children?

bluelightbrigade on June 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me! Call me naive, but I think that love has no color. I have a co-worker who is black, his wife is white, and they adopted their little girl from China. Every time I see them at company picnics and such, it warms my shriveled little conservative heart. :-)

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Kooly at 12:34

I read a pamphlet by a mom whose daughter had an abortion without her knowledge. There were complications and the girl died a couple days later as a result of a medical condition that the mom would have known was a problem but the clinic didn’t even ask about (can’t remember the specifics). The parents were required to pay for everything.

justincase on June 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I like it. Go ahead and start it.

Okay, but you guys gotta help me with the logo! Do you think “Pink Rose Mother” will fly, or is there something better?

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM

And how about we start letting more whites adopt minority children?

bluelightbrigade on June 30, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I’m not aware of laws that restrict that. Care to elaborate?

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM

So what? It couldn’t possibly matter less that they get PAID for killing babies. As long as there is no evil “profit”, nothing they do can ever be wrong… So sayeth the Liberal God.
logis on June 30, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Karl Marx said that!?
Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Well, du-uh.

logis on June 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM

For those concerned about these exposés never leading anywhere, prepare to have your minds relieved. PP just picked the wrong state in which to be caught covering for statutory rapists. A man could get elected governor of Alabama just from the notoriety of taking down PP for any reason – much less for a legitimate one (no pun intended). And it just so happens the current attorney general is running for governor. Prepare for a splashy show trial in 3…2…1…

Knott Buyinit on June 30, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Mary, none of the reasons you listed – not a single one – is reason to end the life of a baby. They are almost exclusively matters of convenience for the mother. To say that any one of them justifies ending the life of an unborn child is simply ghoulish.

greggriffith on June 30, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I’m not aware of laws that restrict that. Care to elaborate?

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM

There aren’t laws that I know about, but I think it is the explicit policy of some adoption agencies.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM

If Planned Parenthood has a policy of not saying anything to law enforcement even when the law requires them to, surely they would be eligible to be charged with RICO, wouldn’t they?

Or if they have it, shouldn’t they be required to fire a worker who doesn’t follow their code, instead breaking the law?

justincase on June 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM

greggriffith on June 30, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I agree with you. As I said, it was a bit of a shock to me to find out that my dad, who was a very humane and compassionate man, had approved all those abortions.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I like it and honestly can’t think of something better. Plus, with breast cancer ribbons, people are already predisposed to think of pink and women in a positive light (those who don’t know about Code Pink, of course).

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:14 PM

In hindsight, I wish I had asked him why. His reports usually stated that in his opinion, carrying on the pregnancy would have an adverse effect on the woman’s mental health.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Members of the Dr. Josef Mengele family said he was always a nice man to them.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:16 PM

You forget,law enforcement belongs to LABOR UNIONS. You know, the lefties. They protect each other with a nice donation.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM

And it must be a shock to liberals that women could even get abortions before Roe without using a coat hanger.

I’m sad that your father approved every single one of them, but I would prefer that system over the one we current have.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Tom_Shipley on June 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I’ll just bet you’re right – it’s not easy to work in a slaughterhouse. All that blood and stuff. Plus, occasionally having to throw still-living “fetuses” into trash bags is so icky.

By the way – “Planned Parenthood” made hundreds of millions of dollars in profit last year. And the taxpayers are giving them billions this year. Maybe we should define the term “nonprofit” a little better.

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Members of the Dr. Josef Mengele family said he was always a nice man to them.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Jeff, you just stepped over the line. You do not get to call my dad Dr. Mengele. You didn’t know him. If his compassion in this case was for the women who honestly thought an abortion was the solution to their problem, that’s between him and them. If I’m to see my father libeled here, I wish I had never brought it up.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Me too, and me too. I’m crying at my desk now because of what Jeff in WI just said above. I only brought it up to shoot down Chekote’s red herring about economic reasons for abortion, but now I see that was a terrible mistake on my part.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM

That would have been akward…

DarkCurrent on June 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM

That would have been akward…

DarkCurrent on June 30, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Well, it might have been, but he would have answered me honestly. And maybe he got only the hard cases. I don’t know. I do know, however, that I wish I had never brought it up. I’m still crying.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:31 PM