Video: New Mona Lisa Project undercover video in Alabama

posted at 12:14 pm on June 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Lila Rose and Jackie Stollar have another of their series of exposés of Planned Parenthood clinics and their refusal to follow the law in reporting sexual abuses of underaged girls.  This time, Lila and Jackie went to Birmingham, Alabama to procure an abortion as a 14-year-old girl impregnated by a 31-year-old man.  According to Alabama law, that’s statutory rape, and the law requires any health-care provider to report it to law enforcement.  Does this PP clinic follow the law?  Er, no:

Lila Rose, 20-year-old UCLA student and Live Action president, went undercover at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Birmingham and told a counselor that she was 14-years-old, pregnant by her 31-year-old “boyfriend,” and needed a secret abortion so her parents would not find out about her sexual relationship with the older man.

After telling the counselor that her “boyfriend” is 31, Rose asks, “Is it a problem about my boyfriend?” The counselor, identified as “Tanisha” in the video, responds, “As long as you consented to having sex with him, there’s nothing we can truly do about that.” Rose then says that her boyfriend “said he could get in big trouble,” and Tanisha acknowledges that “he could, especially if your parents find out that he’s 31.”  She then tells Rose that the clinic manager, OB/GYN Dr. Desiree Bates, “sometimes does bend the rules a little bit” and states that “whatever you tell us stays within these walls” and “we can’t disclose any information to anybody.”

Alabama Code 26-14-3 requires health professionals to disclose suspected cases of sexual abuse to state officials immediately.

In this case, the clinic worker seems more interested in passing the buck to her boss rather than make a decision herself.  Unlike other PP workers, Tanisha insists on having parental consent for the abortion — but then Tanisha tries helping what she thinks is a 14-year-old evade that requirement by seeing if she has an older sister who can pose as her mother.  She then tells Lila that HIPAA requirements keep them from saying anything about the felonious relationship to anyone else, but that’s clearly not true, and Planned Parenthood knows better.

Once again, we see that Planned Parenthood is much more interested in profiting from their abortion mill than in protecting girls from abusive relationships and following the law.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Jesus, hasn’t PP learned by now not to do this?

doodleduh on June 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Lila and Jackie better watch it. They’re terrorizing Obooba’s baby-chopper-upper constituency.

Watch yer backs, gals!

Akzed on June 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM

The Death Cult continues.

Bishop on June 30, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Disgusting and not surprising.

Child sacrifice is a sacrement in the church of liberalism.

daesleeper on June 30, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Tanisha and Desiree… say no more.

D2Boston on June 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM

So, a “child” comes to you who has already been engaging in acts that she is not ready for and wants to obtain a procedure that she cannot be mentally ready for and Planned Parenthood decides it is a good time to teach her that an older sister can commit fraud by pretending to be her parent.

Great.

myrenovations on June 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Not surprised.

Thunderstorm129 on June 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Do they have shareholders or people who take profits through dividends or distributions? They seem more motivated by their mission than by growing earnings for investors.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM

This is just sickening, and I bet that Planned Parenthood will be exempt from having to put their medical records on digital media for all the world to see.

fourdeucer on June 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM

blink on June 30, 2009 at 12:21 PM

OMG — I just spit my soda out… LOL!!!!!!!!!

D2Boston on June 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I have never really been a militant anti-abortionist, although I do not believe in it and it should have certain restrictions.

However, these videos from Mona Lisa Project are convincing me that the whole sordid mess stinks to high heaven and something must be done.

JamesLee on June 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Yet another case of the “rules do not apply to us”.

tru2tx on June 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Hey Ed,

Do we know how often these women have gone undercover to a PP clinic that actually obeyed the law? I think that’d be an interesting statistic. It’s startling to find several clinics who are disobeying the law, but it’d be even more startling to say “we tested 40 clinics at random and 75% of the clinics were purposefully evading minor notification laws.”

Outlander on June 30, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Slightly OT and a little trollish I admit, but it is more than a bit ironic that an ad featuring a barely clothed girl clearly chosen for her “youngish” looks is located right next to Ed’s piece (no pun intended).

dakine on June 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that Tanisha is a Democrat………

Seven Percent Solution on June 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM

doesnt seem like some huge expose
it sounds like just some people who want to keep their job and put food on the table moreso than some ‘culture of death’ from planned parenthood
i would like to know more than excerpts of the law when it comes to random walkins claiming they are of such an age and having done such and such and what exactly a business would be held accountable for
also the conditions that the employees are put under when hired

saL on June 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Tanisha and Desiree… say no more.

D2Boston on June 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Whatever do you mean? Ahole

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM

It requires a special kind of denial to be able to defend this sickening injustice.

keebs on June 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM

This young lady has been going around to PP Clinics all over the country and has done this multiple times. It has been in the news repeatedly. Surely PP has been informed that this young lady is moving around to clinics.

What is really scarry about this. “Tanisha” doesn’t even question it. That she could be the same girl.

Makes you think this happens more often on a regular basis. No?

PappaMac on June 30, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Jesus, hasn’t PP learned by now not to do this?

I have seen Lila speak about these undercover trips to PP….they were all done last summer. Live Action Films is just releasing them slowly so that people pay attention to every individual criminal activity. So, if Lila would go out again…it might be harder. Especially, since her picture is hung on every Planned Parenthood wall in America!

vitaatcaritas on June 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM

At what point do all these violations become a RICO case?

Socratease on June 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Margaret Sanger’s legacy of euthanasia continues. Profiting from the idea abortion is merely a medical procedure. Shame.

Weebork on June 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM

If profit was the motive, I doubt they would be this dumb. For this kind of stupidity, you have to believe.

Count to 10 on June 30, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Weebork on June 30, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I heard that, despite here racist drive to reduce the non-white population through birth control, she was actually against abortion.

Count to 10 on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

How many instances of this does an AG need for crying out loud.

At what point do all these violations become a RICO case?

Socratease on June 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Tell me about it.

- The Cat

P.S. If this were about tobacco Congress would be polishing their pitchforks.

MirCat on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

racket: an illegal enterprise carried on for profit.

The illegal act has to be illegal under the Federal Criminal Code.

The point is, at what point does the following become relevant:

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (commonly referred to as RICO Act or RICO)?

jeff_from_mpls on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Another heavily edited video from the Mona Lisa Project. Yawn.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

The whole parental notification issue has bothered me for some time. Am I not (as a parent) financially responsible for my child’s medical expenses?
Let’s say I live in a state not requiring parental notification and let’s say my daughter gets an abortion without my knowledge and let’s say the procedure goes wrong somehow and my daughter is admitted taken to the Emergency Room.

Wouldn’t I be on the hook for the cost of treatments?

Competely hypothetical: (I only have sons)

kooly on June 30, 2009 at 12:34 PM

dakine on June 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Yet another person not schooled in the ways of the ad blocker.

Count to 10 on June 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Nothing like a Mona Lisa Project Thread to bring the Trolls out.

kingsjester on June 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Sanger was against abortion. She used the issue of abortion as a reason to legalize birth control. Think how ridiculous it was, banning birth control.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Wouldn’t I be on the hook for the cost of treatments?

Competely hypothetical: (I only have sons)

kooly on June 30, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Makes me wonder if they even would be taken to the Emergency Room.

Is there any data for this?

- The Cat

MirCat on June 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Another heavily edited video from the Mona Lisa Project. Yawn.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Yeah these wingnuts just never quit huh? Abortion is going to be around for a long time guys. Deal with it!

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:36 PM

P.S. If this were about tobacco Congress would be polishing their pitchforks.

MirCat on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

You found the perfect analogy to the hippocracy of the left.

fourdeucer on June 30, 2009 at 12:37 PM

It seems to me that the PP lady said that she could not get an abortion without consent. She also was trying to get rid of the girl without being rude. As far as reporting to the law authorities, I can see why people don’t want to get involved. They don’t know that this girl is telling the truth about the age of her boyfriend or anything else. Most people would just find a way to avoid the situation.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM

The PP workers are so flip about it all. Both the fact that the girl is “14″ and the fact that a baby’s death is being discussed with such cold detachment. How do these monsters sleep at night? Ohhhh yeah, I forgot….we cannot make girls wombs of the state and children are punishments.

I keep forgetting the demon-inspired talking points of hopenchange butchery.

Ris4victory on June 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Abortion Racism, poverty, pollution, war, Dick Cheney is going to be around for a long time guys. Deal with it!

CDeb on June 30, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Socratease on June 30, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Sadly..Never

HoustonRight on June 30, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Outlander on June 30, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Outlander – I think the point is moot. One is too many and giving PP cover to say that even one did the right thing is not her responsibility.

Secondly, I “think” that these were done in the past and are being released one a time. I think she is performing a death of 1,000 cuts to combat millions of deaths. If she/they stated 12 out of 40, then the enemy would know when it would stop.

This method just increases my respect and my belief in how clever this young woman is.

barnone on June 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Paid with working citizens tax dollars, just like Acorn and other agencys with liberal agendas. Its enough to get your blood boiling no?

LSUMama on June 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Count to 10 on June 30, 2009 at 12:32 PM

I agree. My daughter is 17 years old who has recently started going to a gynecologists office. With me. And it is incredible the gusto with which the office workers, the nurses tell my daughter, ad nauseum, that she does not need to give me permission to ask about her health records.

CarolynM on June 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Ris4victory

The PP people talk like most people involved in medical issues. Have you ever been around nurses? To them is just a procedure.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:40 PM

“I don’t want my daughters punished with a baby!”
–Barack Hussein Obortion

Western_Civ on June 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Couldn’t even get a real 14 year old huh? Seems to me this young lady is just being an ass to lie about her age. But I guess the ends justify the means right? Pathetic.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

The old “fake 14-yr-old getting an abortion” trick. That’s the third time I’ve fallen for it this week.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Yawn……abortion is sooooo boring, right Checkers? Useless subject – we cannot be “bothered” with such drivel like the lives of our fellow citizens

Ris4victory on June 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I would respect her more if she volunteered her time to help foster parents that have children with special needs. She is part of the pro-birth crowd. Just bring the child to term and then we don’t care about him or her.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Keep smacking em down Chekote.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Personally, I think it’s a bit telling when that is the loudest, most persuasive criticism that you all have about these videos.

JamesLee on June 30, 2009 at 12:44 PM

kingsjester on June 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Like shooting a fish in a barrel :)

HoustonRight on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Somebody isn’t getting their memos. I would say that PP should be ashamed of themselves, but you have to have a conscience to feel shame.

portlandon on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM

What’s their mission exactly? To enable child predators? I don’t see how helping a child get rid of the evidence that she was abused is supposed to even be a part of their mission.

dakine on June 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I’m hoping we aren’t seeing the same ad, or else I’m a little concerned. Mine is a little girl missing a foot and a leg.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Ris4victory

How many kids have you adopted? How many kids with special needs have you adopted? Do you support welfare payments to help people with unplanned pregnancies? Bringing the child to term is the easy part. It is the following 18 years that are tough to navigate. Especially, if you are dealing with a child with special needs.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Exactly what difference would using a “real” 14 year old make?

Tomblvd on June 30, 2009 at 12:46 PM

They probably didn’t even believe her and were trying to find a way to get rid of her without being rude.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:46 PM

I have been to PP myself when a teen getting birth control. I had no idea they even did abortions as I was actually fully engaged on NOT getting preggers. These kids are so naive; they need counseling, not procedural yak. Once this country loses its respect for the sanctity of life, we as a nation are a failure. Now we have a POS, ooops, POTUS, who believes abortion is a CURE for pregnancy. The mental sickness and selfishness is freakishly in-human. It is barbaric.

Ris4victory on June 30, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

As a Christian man with a 21 year old special daughter, I find your generalization to be intolerant and completely false.

kingsjester on June 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM

This shows how bad PP really is. PP knows these gals are out there filming this, you know PP has had meetings…but I think this mindset is so permeated in PP’s programs that they have always and always will subvert the law.
How much more before they finally close down PP…never.

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Count to 10 on June 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM

School me then genius. And please be sure to explain to me why this ad is on every HA page each time I come to this site.

dakine on June 30, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I am guessing that taking reponsibility for bad choices is not high on you guys lists.

HoustonRight on June 30, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Chekote:
Do you personally know Lila?..if not, you shouldn’t make rude accusations when you know nothing about what she does in her personal life. You don’t need to adopt every baby to be pro-life. It is common sense that abortion kills a living human being. The pro-abortion people always use that “how many babies have you adopted” line….

Lila is uncovering the lies of Planned Parenthood…everyone is called to help the cause in a different way. You don’t get to chose how she should spend her time….

vitaatcaritas on June 30, 2009 at 12:48 PM

kooly on June 30, 2009 at 12:34 PM

I’d think you were responsible, but if it was a botched case like that the center would probably be happy to pay to make the issue go away.

What’s crazy is that schools can’t give out Tylenol w/o parental permission, but counselors can take your daughter to get an abortion without informing you in many places.

I’d think this Alabama case will get dealt with quickly and severely. Might be a pretty big domino falling.

cs89 on June 30, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I might be the greatest mass aborter in history. I’ve probably let trillions of possible little Terry Silvers go by the wayside. lol

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM

dakine on June 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Yes, the site acquires an Onion-esque level of irony until you install FF and Adblock Plus.

Online advertising is pretty much worthless. Whoever builds that better mousetrap is going to be a very rich person.

spmat on June 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Another heavily edited video from the Mona Lisa Project. Yawn.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

So, what? They should show themselves sitting in the waiting room? Show themselves walking down the hall? By the way, you spelled “chickensh*t” wrong.

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM

In addition to Planned Parenthood breaking state law in several instances, they also take donations to end the life of specific races. There is perhaps no corporate entity as foul, disgusting and diseased as Planned Parenthood. Their employees are satanic ghouls.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Wingnuts. That’s, um, funny. Yeah.
So you’re happy abortions will happen. Nice. Maybe there’ll be some schoolbus crashes and you can have a party.

Did your mother have any children that lived?

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Just bring the child to term and then we don’t care about him or her.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

What planet are you from?
Do you have any stats that show what you just stated? I didn’t think so.
Your strongest argument is a baseless lie…

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Then you post this…another fine argument, stick your head in the sand and pretend it didn’t happen the way it did.
This is one of many, many videos of PP doing essentially the same thing…supporting rape.

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Thank you for that, Terry… I wear your insipid insults like a badge of honor. LOL!!!

D2Boston on June 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Having read your comments may I be the first to thank you. LOL

thomasaur on June 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I have adopted one mexican girl, who is entering university this week. We got AK-47′S in our face trying to cross the Mexican border with her b/c the American border police thought we were stealing her. I am HARPING hard on my hubby now to adopt another child, as we are now empty nesters. I give to 6 charities and have known since I played with barbie dolls that abortion is wrong. Knowing right from wrong is not political or judgmental; it is your conscience. Babies are not choices; they are angels. If you know someone that is pregnant and does not want their baby, please have them contact me. I can get them help within 24 hours. Let me know. I am sorry you don’t understand how precious children are, even if they are not perfect.

Ris4victory on June 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM

She is part of the pro-birth crowd.

THE HORROR!!!

Check the 2 year long waiting list for adopting infants before you complain about “pro-birth”.

Tomblvd on June 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Why is PP still getting taxpayer funding?

Kini on June 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM

How many kids have you adopted?

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Speaking specifically about newborns, there is no shortage whatsoever of people who want to adopt. In fact, women can make money off of giving their unborn up for adoption. They often get all of their medical bills paid for.

On the other hand, an abortion isn’t cheap.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

First it’ll be abortion, then birth control, and then one day you people will try to take away my god given right to spew my knuckle gravy where I please. lol

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Queer Lombard at Duke was caught by an officer posing as a pervert. Will the case be tossed because of Lombard being mislead? Nope. Deviant behavior is risk seeking behavior. 31 year old on 14 year old is pedophilia. PP is a safe haven for pedophiles.

seven on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:36 PM

How about this…they take just your money and your fellow supporters money and run these clinics.
I would bet you would be protesting having a few thousand dollars a year taken away from you…

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I’d guess part of their mission is helping reduce unwanted pregnancies, either through contraception or abortion. Perhaps child abuse should be a part of the mission, but my point was that, while you can disagree with their aims, it strikes me that a social agenda is a higher priority for them than turning a profit.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Notifying the police is the law, in cases of statutory rape like this. The employees (and apparently the PP policies) are clearly breaking the law by not notifying.

As to this being “just a procedure,” setting a kid’s broken arm is “just a procedure” in the ER too, but you can bet if abuse is suspected the authorities are notified.

cs89 on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Just don’t let that same 14 y/o get caught with a Tylenol at school. All hell breaks loose then.

Just A Grunt on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Tanisha and Desiree… say no more.

D2Boston on June 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Whatever do you mean? Ahole

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Perhaps… “If I say more, someone will call me an ahole”?

Let me connect the dots. Those names (especially with Tanisha’s accent) are likely to be of black women. PP generally locates its clinics in inner-city areas, with disproportionately high black populations nearby. PP founder Margaret Sanger wanted to use abortions to rid the nation of as many black Untermenschen as possible. Some have gone so far as to call women like Tanisha traitors to their race, for participating in genocide.

The Monster on June 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM

How many kids have you adopted?

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

How long did you sit on the bench of the high school debate team?

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

No excuse for murder. Never was.

You are not gonna win the argument with utilitarian points.

I could just as easily push to abort you because you are annoying.

When did you get one? Or, two?

Do you think about it?

Is it painful?

I’ll bet it is?

Get help? You are not gonna get by this alone.

And by the way, conservatives do more to assist unmarried women with their pregnancies than liberals. The numbers don’t lie.

Don’t come here and fake compassion to support murder.

True compassion helps both the mother and her child.

Sapwolf on June 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Another heavily edited video from the Mona Lisa Project. Yawn.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

You’d think the abortionists would be smart enough to tape all their conversations so they could refute these heavily edited videos.

And yet they don’t.

It’s almost as if they sense what a liability it would be if permanent records were kept of all their activities.

I think deep down you’d prefer no record at all.

Which is why we’re suspicious of Planned Parenthood and the people who support them.

jeff_from_mpls on June 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Really? I’m sorry I only have one adopted child right now. But age is getting to me.

I take it you really care about the babies you want killed.

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I love how you pass judgments on people without knowing anything about them. You’ve already been proven wrong about Ris4victory.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Considering Planned Parenthood’s deep pockets when it comes to campaign donations/bribes, I’m guessing the Alabama Attny General will feel this case is : “Above His Pay Grade”

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM

saL on June 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I reluctantly agree. I don’t know what the PP worker could have done differently at that stage, other than perhaps try to collect the “girl”‘s contact information to pass on to police for follow up. She may have judged the case required the expertise of more experienced people and that’s why she asked her to contact others without making it seem like a big deal.

DarkCurrent on June 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Abortion is going to be around for a long time guys. Deal with it!

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Isn’t Project Mona Lisa a reasonable way to “deal with it”?

Methinks you realize your side is engaging in something it ought not to be engaging in.

The first stage is denial.

jeff_from_mpls on June 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM

spmat on June 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Integrate the content and the ad before it gets to the browser so that you can’t block the ad without blocking some or all of the content. It’s not hard to do, but it has to be combined at the server, not at the browser.

Can I get my money now?

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM

The Monster on June 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Cmon its not even noon yet. Its way too early for racism my friend. I wonder what statement is more racist. The “black accent part” or the “black name” part. I didn’t know that black people had race specific names. I guess you learn something everyday.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM

14 with a 31 year old = pedophile.

Of course if he 31 year old can sing and dance, all is forgiven.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM

We get it. You care so much about the welfare of living children that you would sooner they never be given a chance at life rather than have a life that doesn’t fit your standards.

Now, does anyone have an issue with a 31 year old having sex with a 14 year old? Or should we really believe that children have a right to decide such matters for themselves. I know that suits 31 year old deviant males just fine….and probably trolls, too.

CarolynM on June 30, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Have you no shame or intellectual honesty? A fourteen year old girl just went to a medical facility and reported that she was impregnated by a 31-year-old man who told her not to tell her parents that she was dating him. And you find the response of PP to be justified because they were trying to get rid of some annoying kid because her half-brother didn’t have the same last name and couldn’t pose as her father on a consent form.

patriette on June 30, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Hey Ed? If there was ever a reason to slam down with the banhammer, this is it. Trolling at it’s worst.

Squiggy on June 30, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I promise you that no one here wants any part of your knuckle gravy.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I generally believe that about PP, having seen a few myself and the cheaper options they provide; however, cases like these make me wonder. Legally, they really don’t have a say in the matter. They’re required to report incidents like this, not help abusers cover up what they’ve done.

Morally… I don’t get what they could be telling themselves unless they believe that kids that young really can make informed decisions about sex with 31-year-olds. I just have a hard time believing they believe that.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 1:00 PM

The Monster on June 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Thank you for connecting those dots. Sometimes we assume that the irony is patently obvious. Apparently, in Terry’s case, it isn’t. Perhaps if Terry spent a little less time obsessing over his “knuckle gravy” rights

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

and actually did a little research, things might become a little clearer.

D2Boston on June 30, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Ris4victory

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Oh stop it. Could only those abolitionists willing to hire ex-slaves oppose slavery? What is it you oppose? Capital punishment? How many on death row are you financially supporting? There are orphanages full of unwanted children–should we execute them all because they are unwanted?

Renae on June 30, 2009 at 1:01 PM