Video: New Mona Lisa Project undercover video in Alabama

posted at 12:14 pm on June 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Lila Rose and Jackie Stollar have another of their series of exposés of Planned Parenthood clinics and their refusal to follow the law in reporting sexual abuses of underaged girls.  This time, Lila and Jackie went to Birmingham, Alabama to procure an abortion as a 14-year-old girl impregnated by a 31-year-old man.  According to Alabama law, that’s statutory rape, and the law requires any health-care provider to report it to law enforcement.  Does this PP clinic follow the law?  Er, no:

Lila Rose, 20-year-old UCLA student and Live Action president, went undercover at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Birmingham and told a counselor that she was 14-years-old, pregnant by her 31-year-old “boyfriend,” and needed a secret abortion so her parents would not find out about her sexual relationship with the older man.

After telling the counselor that her “boyfriend” is 31, Rose asks, “Is it a problem about my boyfriend?” The counselor, identified as “Tanisha” in the video, responds, “As long as you consented to having sex with him, there’s nothing we can truly do about that.” Rose then says that her boyfriend “said he could get in big trouble,” and Tanisha acknowledges that “he could, especially if your parents find out that he’s 31.”  She then tells Rose that the clinic manager, OB/GYN Dr. Desiree Bates, “sometimes does bend the rules a little bit” and states that “whatever you tell us stays within these walls” and “we can’t disclose any information to anybody.”

Alabama Code 26-14-3 requires health professionals to disclose suspected cases of sexual abuse to state officials immediately.

In this case, the clinic worker seems more interested in passing the buck to her boss rather than make a decision herself.  Unlike other PP workers, Tanisha insists on having parental consent for the abortion — but then Tanisha tries helping what she thinks is a 14-year-old evade that requirement by seeing if she has an older sister who can pose as her mother.  She then tells Lila that HIPAA requirements keep them from saying anything about the felonious relationship to anyone else, but that’s clearly not true, and Planned Parenthood knows better.

Once again, we see that Planned Parenthood is much more interested in profiting from their abortion mill than in protecting girls from abusive relationships and following the law.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Members of the Dr. Josef Mengele family said he was always a nice man to them.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Name calling is easy, especially when the analogy doesn’t have to be precise. Mary was trying to be helpful and you offer a lazy Nazi analogy.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I learned to be pro-life from my mom.

I’m her 2nd child but I was her 5th pregnancy.

She was a product of the 70′s and had been convinced that a child was nothing more than a tumor or parasite that can be removed if it’s inconvenient.

She lives with that guilt every day because she has now come to realize that they weren’t tumors or parasites but children that were being killed out of convenience.

I share this only to illustrate that it was a different time and place with different medical knowledge and prevailing beliefs. Your dad, my mom and the millions of other people that have been part of it aren’t evil people – I would say they were misguided – but they certainly aren’t evil.

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 2:35 PM

So I am evil for asking people to walk the talk. You are just interested in giving birth. Afterwards, so long dude. We are not interested.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

You are thoughts are evil because you think its okay to murder a child because its not wanted. That’s sick. I know plenty of people who have adopted. My parents for one.

Let me fill you on a little secret the abortion industry doesn’t want you to find out.

THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE WAITING TO ADOPT THEN CHILDREN TO ADOPT.

shick on June 30, 2009 at 2:36 PM

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM

You’re right, I shouldn’t of used that one. I went for the jugular in the heat of the moment. This topic gets to me after a while.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:36 PM

Me too, and me too. I’m crying at my desk now because of what Jeff in WI just said above. I only brought it up to shoot down Chekote’s red herring about economic reasons for abortion, but now I see that was a terrible mistake on my part.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Don’t let it get to you. He probably truly believed that the women who saw him were in a terrible state and thought that was the only way to help them. I believe he was wrong, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t acting out of compassion.

And considering that women had to go see someone at that time rather than the convenience they have today, it’s far more likely that the ones he saw actually did need mental help.

He was your father. You knew him. Jeff didn’t. Don’t let him get to you.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Okay, Jeff, but why did you go for *my* jugular when I was trying to help you???

You said a terrible, cruel thing about a man you never met who all his life did everything he could to help people in trouble. He saw psychiatric patients other doctors had given up on. When he died, his practice had over $250,000 on the books that he never collected, because he didn’t charge his patients one dime that they couldn’t afford. And you — you called him “Dr. Mengele”!!!

I’m still crying.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Yes! Yes! Exactly! Please excuse me, I have to leave the thread for a bit. I am sobbing at my desk, and my co-workers will notice soon, if they haven’t already. Back in a few minutes when I’ve recovered my composure.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I apologize for the remark. I didn’t mean to upset you but this topic gets under my skin worse than any other.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Take your time.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I’m not aware of laws that restrict that. Care to elaborate?

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Here’s a good place to start.

BTW, I love your idea. I just threw this in there b/c the restrictions are disheartening. Many people would love to adopt along transracial lines, but can’t. Many minorty children would be able to have good homes if whites could adopt them.

If we want to go beyond race, we should go beyond race.

bluelightbrigade on June 30, 2009 at 2:46 PM

She was a product of the 70’s and had been convinced that a child was nothing more than a tumor or parasite that can be removed if it’s inconvenient.

Mine too.

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Mine too. Once she had her first child, me, and she saw the life growing inside her, she felt she’d been tricked and from then on couldn’t understand how a mother could support abortion.

Our parents aren’t perfect. They were trying to figure things out as they went along just like we are.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Two million murders a year is two million murders a year. OK, sure, a participant in one did experiments on kids “for the greater good” and a participant in the other killed for the sake of convenience. But so what? No analogy can ever be absolutely perfect, or else it wouldn’t be an analogy. It seems apt to me. The point being: why would someone EXPECT a doctor taking part in an atrocity to act like a ravening cad?

It’s not like he struck up a bar fight with each of those fetuses. The whole thing was perfectly cold and clinical. But that doesn’t make it better; it makes it worse.

logis on June 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM

logis on June 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM

bluelightbrigade on June 30, 2009 at 2:50 PM

logis on June 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Except he wasn’t performing abortions.

Just stop. The man is dead, his daughter, a firm pro-lifer who was only trying to help the pro-life argument here, is alive and has done nothing to do you deserve this.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:51 PM

If we want to go beyond race, we should go beyond race.

bluelightbrigade on June 30, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I agree. Thanks for the link.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I’d think the point of this discussion is that a horrible organization is going way past any moral objections pro-lifers have, They’ve gone into the illegal area. Yey no agency seems willing to take them on. Why?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Surprise. It’s not about family planning but baby killing.

alliebobbitt on June 30, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Yey no agency seems willing to take them on. Why?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Wish I knew.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 2:57 PM

This isn’t the first time this young lady has recorded/filmed Planned Parenthood doing this. If there’s a NATIONAL conspiracy to circumvent the law then RICO laws apply.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I didn’t know that black people had race specific names. I guess you learn something everyday.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM

You didn’t know that?
Many races have specific names to their social body.
Jesus is almost exclusive Hispanic, as is Manuel.
Tanisha, Tayshaun,Shanequa,Laquisha, even black comedians make fun of it.
Here
You don’t get out and read much do you?
Ever hear of a guy named Shaquille Rashaun O’Neal? No he really isn’t all Irish…

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Okay, I’m back. Fortunately, whoever else was in the ladies’ room when I ran in there sobbing didn’t see my face.

Esthier, thank you so much for your defense. I really appreciate it.

Jeff in WI, thank you for your apology. I appreciate that, too.

Logis and bluelightbrigade, I am sure that my dad made his decisions out of compassion for the women he saw. Even if he, and they, were making a morally wrong decision, it wasn’t cold and clinical.

Everyone, I have something to add: The files I saw were dated between 1968 and 1973. My dad kept his practice until just a few months before he died, in the early 2000s. People can grow and change morally. Since I never asked him, I can never know for sure, but it’s entirely possible that if he had been asked to make the same recommendations 30 years later, he would not have done so.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I’d be interested to know if there is a higher rate of ignoring potential statutory rape/child abuse in Planned Parenthood than in other areas of health care.

If a 14 y/o told their pediatrician that they were pregnant and it was with a 31 y/o guy, would we see the same sort of reaction we’re seeing at PP? Is this sort of ‘pass the buck’ and cover up endemic in the entire health care industry or is it unique to Planned Parenthood.

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 3:06 PM

logis on June 30, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Jeff apologized to Mary, which is cool. Conversations can get heated.

Mengele designed and performed experiments on children against the will of their parents. That’s a big difference from people in the US who work as part of system that allows mothers to decide to abort their unborn. Abortion has been protected by Roe for 35 years. How many abortions have you helped to stop? At least some Germans claim ignorance over the final solution.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Sorry, 1965 – 1973. Stupid keypad…

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:56 PM

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Good question. But I’d tend to think no. In most states it’d be breaking the law, and the average regular doctor knows he doesn’t have the political or financial power to buy off a DA or an AG.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 3:05 PM

First, no one should be held responsible for what their parents do…unless they participate, and you didn’t.
What your dad did, he did, and no one can look into his heart.
Your story is similar to what has happened just this past week with the Madoff family. When the kids where informed they were furious and cut off ties with their dad…but they were and are sucked into that horrible story.
It is your dad’s burden, not yours…how a family exists, is often totally independent of what goes on outside the family. No one should ever judge you by what another member of the family does…however, that is not how many think.
Just look at how Palin is viewed because of her daughter…Yet someone like Gore is not held responsible for what his father did…it may be more of a liberal mindset thing to blame everyone.

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 3:13 PM

For the love of God, Jeff never said Mary’s dad was the equivalent of Mengelev. Re-read his post and stop reading too much into it.

There’s no reason for this sob-fest. Jeff’s point was not lost on me…that someone can seem nice to those around them but still be capable of actions those very people might find repugnant if they were aware of them.

It’s similar to when people would act like military service should automatically win someone a political office. I point out that military experience definitely belongs in the “plus column” in my book, but I also point out that Benedict Arnold and Timothy McVie were veterans as well.

Geez…do some people wait around to play the offended victim?

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Not to be insensitive, but this example is exactly why I think “health exceptions” are pushed so hard. The practically non-existent “abort the baby or mom dies” scenario is painted, codified in the law, then “mental distress” or something is used to justify killing the baby.

Libs have been playing this game for years. I think (hope?) prolifers are getting better at getting some truth out there.

cs89 on June 30, 2009 at 3:30 PM

That was my point all along

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:30 PM

cs89 on June 30, 2009 at 3:30 PM

She never said she agreed with what her father did. You don’t have to argue with her about it.

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 3:19 PM

And there’s also no reason to insult Mary. As I already said, her father is dead. The only person you can hurt is her, and she’s on your side, only bringing up her father to help prove the point many were trying to make here, that most women aren’t getting abortions because they can’t afford a child.

It’s gratuitous to then say something nasty about her father, and it was appropriate that Jeff apologized.

Now let’s move on from this.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 3:41 PM

And there’s also no reason to insult Mary.

Who insulted her?!?

It’s gratuitous to then say something nasty about her father…

Again, I ask you to re-read Jeff’s post. He never said anything nasty about Mary’s father. The problem is that you, and Mary, are looking for an insult where there is none. Who does that serve?

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 3:47 PM

And there’s also no reason to insult Mary.

Who insulted her?!?

It’s gratuitous to then say something nasty about her father…

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Let’s put this one to bed.
A. I wasn’t trying to insult her dad or her. That point is correct.
B. She did take offense to it, and as a gentleman, I decided it would be more effective to the discussion, and anyones feelings, to simply apologize, which I did, sincerely.
C. I’ve been married 36 years and at some point it doesn’t pay to debate a point to death, better tol et it go.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Hey whats wrong with this..
I mean ALL liberals are secretly
wanting abortion clinics on every corner
This way they can hide all the evidence of their molesting little underage girls..

So i am not surprised.
I fully expect this from the Democrats..

I do however expect so called conservatives in office to not be Porking little underage girls..

veteranoutrage on June 30, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM

That’s one key to being married successfully for a long time. It is something I’m learning gradually.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM

It’s the #1 thing you learn after the first 30 years..LOL Life is too short.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:56 PM

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Looking for one? Comparing him to a Nazi isn’t a hard insult to find. And I’m sorry, but since when is saying something like that about your father not an insult to you as well?

If you say, in relation to my father, “well people thought Jeffrey Dahmer was nice too,” then you’ve insulted me as well, and it’s useless to pretend you didn’t.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I was ready to do that. I just don’t think those comments should be defended, and considering you agreed that those words were inappropriate and that you shouldn’t have used them, I thought you agreed.

As to your first point, I honestly can’t see how you didn’t intend that as an insult to her father.

How did you mean it exactly? How was she supposed to take it? Just as a comment that some people who seem nice aren’t? Isn’t that still an insult to her father?

I’m not trying to start something back up at all. In fact, I thought it was very honorable that you apologized to Mary. I just don’t see how that comment can be taken in any way that isn’t still a slight.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Hey whats wrong with this..
I mean ALL liberals are secretly
wanting abortion clinics on every corner

So i am not surprised.
I fully expect this from the Democrats..

veteranoutrage on June 30, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Who did that?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Another heavily edited video from the Mona Lisa Project. Yawn.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Enjoy that yawn and appreciate your ability to experience it as long as you are alive. Some never get the chance.

rukiddingme on June 30, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I give up..I apologized, I mentioned SINCERELY, I didn’t want to debate the point because I did not expect as strong a reaction. My point being, “EVEN SOMEONE AS NOTORIOUSLY EVIL AS DR. JOSEF MENGELE, WAS ABLE TO HIDE IT FROM HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY”.I wasn’t calling her father that, I was pointing out how people may not realize what that family member is capable of, EVEN IN THAT EXTREME CASE!

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Let’s put this one to bed.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM

May I add, that when you let the debate go, NEVER EVER say to your wife that you did so because “at some point it doesn’t pay to debate a point to death, better to let it go.” Otherwise, you are not putting “this one to bed.” You are on the couch.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Another heavily edited video from the Mona Lisa Project. Yawn.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Video?…You saw pictures?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 4:0

No, I did so because, after a;apologizing, and having Mary ACCEPT my a;apology, this kept going on and on and on.
(Mary didn’t, other people did)

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Comparing him to a Nazi isn’t a hard insult to find.

No, but what is hard, nay, impossible, to find is any instance where Mary’s father was compared to a Nazi.

For the last time, please, re-read Jeff’s post. Relying on memory isn’t working out for you. There was no comparison or moral equivalence argument made. None. Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nada. Void.

Jeff has already made clear his intent was not to insult Mary (although this was perfectly clear to me without Jeff needing to explain himself), and he’s already been gracious enough to apologize if his words unintentionally caused any bad feelings. Continuing to bring up this phantom insult is questioning Jeff’s integrity and honesty.

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Uh huh. If only they weren’t supposed to obey those — how you say? — laws.

First it’ll be abortion, then birth control, and then one day you people will try to take away my god given right to spew my knuckle gravy where I please. lol

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:52 PM

That’s NOT a right, idiot.

L.N. Smithee on June 30, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009
Esthier on June 30, 2009

Thank you very much for all your work on this thread.

This is for each of you.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I would respect her more if she volunteered her time to help foster parents that have children with special needs. She is part of the pro-birth crowd. Just bring the child to term and then we don’t care about him or her.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:43 PM

My parents were foster parents for over twenty years.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Two to be exact. I have an adopted brother that has special needs. He was adopted by my parents out of foster care at the age of ten.

We are and and continue to do our part. What are you doing? Let me guess…..nothing, except complain! It is too hard!!!!!!!!

rukiddingme on June 30, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Sorry if this is old info:

So what does the nation’s largest abortion provider think of Lila Rose?

“It’s against the law to video tape someone without their permission in California,” is all Planned Parenthood spokeswoman Stephanie Kight would say.

College Times: Bait and Trap

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 4:20 PM

rukiddingme on June 30, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Excellent!

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 4:21 PM

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 4:10 PM

That’s not what he said when he apologized. Or maybe your memory needs to be refreshed? Instead of insulting your intelligence, I’ll just post it.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 2:36 PM

He wasn’t defending his choice of words. I don’t know why you are now.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 4:22 PM

This is for each of you.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Awesome. Now let’s find the buttons for them.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Many races have specific names to their social body.
Jesus is almost exclusive Hispanic, as is Manuel.
Tanisha, Tayshaun,Shanequa,Laquisha, even black comedians make fun of it.

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 3:02 PM

What you say is largely true, but there is someone in the news today who is the exception to that rule.

I was turned away from my TV this morning when I heard about the Oklahoma woman who will get five years in jail for stun-gunning a cheerleading coach after her friend’s daughter was cut. Her name: LeShawn Fisher.

When I turned around and looked at my screen, I didn’t expect her to look like this.

L.N. Smithee on June 30, 2009 at 4:24 PM

let’s find the buttons for them.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Should the background be a pink rose like this or like this?

But I don’t have a way to post an image I create. ????

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Should the background be a pink rose like this or like this?

I prefer the open one, especially for symbolic purposes.

But I don’t have a way to post an image I create. ????

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Hmmm…. You could get Facebook (free picture housing) or Flicker (limited free picture housing).

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 4:06 PM

So true. Good point. My cop out usually is “I’m sorry, I probably overreacted. Let’s talk about it another time”.

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 4:57 PM

We discovered that our 14 year old daughter was having an “affair” with the 30 something guy down the street when she freaked out in a public place while having a miscarriage. She was taken to the hospital where the police were summoned. They told us that they were NOT going to pursue charges against the man, and that we should get our child into psychiatric counseling.

That man almost ruined our daughter’s life. She spent over a month in a psychiatric care facility (to the tune of $65,000) and still have times of great depression and alcohol abuse. When the guy found out that we knew, he split to Oregon.

These pedos have ruined the lives of so many children that the net cost is truly incalculable.

TimothyJ on June 30, 2009 at 5:01 PM

dedalus on June 30, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Probably?!!!! I suggest, “Yes, you’re right, dear,” or whatever other endearment you use to express your love. Then be a man and have the self-discipline to keep your mouth shut.

Good grief! What are they teaching kids these days?

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Geez…do some people wait around to play the offended victim?

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Some people do, but I’m not one of them.

It’s okay, everyone — Jeff apologized, I accepted, and I in turn apologize to all for the thread-jack.

Loxodonta, thank you for the lovely roses! :-)

Esthier, I agree with you that the logo should be a rose in full bloom.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I can do Facebook. I’ll get back to you when it’s posted.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM

TimothyJ on June 30, 2009 at 5:01 PM

I am so sorry. I can only hope time helps.

I cannot at all understand why the police wouldn’t press charges though.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I can do Facebook. I’ll get back to you when it’s posted.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I’ll be sure to check back here.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Okay, I have registered pinkrosemothers.org.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Okay, I have registered pinkrosemothers.org.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Nice. I’ll bookmark it.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I’ll be sure to check back here.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Sorry, Esthier, my software is not be good enough for the job. I cannot make a circular canvas or print text sharply enough or in an arc. Also, I checked the use for that Wiki photo, and it is not in the public domain and would have to be credited at least by showing the link. But the assignment did keep me out of trouble for a while, so thanks.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Okay, but there’s nothing there yet! :-) Probably won’t be until this weekend, either…

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM

But the assignment did keep me out of trouble for a while, so thanks.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Hey, anytime!

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Alright. Just let me know whenever you do get something up or if you need some help. I don’t have money, but I have some time available.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Okay, I have registered pinkrosemothers.org.

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 5:41 PM

A public domain pink rose png is available from Wikimedia to upload for the site here. Check their GNU Free Documentation License before using it.

That you came up with this idea and followed through is an inspiration. If you can use the help of an dysfunctional hermit, please let me know.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Hey, Lox, I love dysfunctional hermits! My dear husband is a quirky introvert, which puts him on the same spectrum, at least. :-)

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I love dysfunctional hermits!

Mary in LA on June 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Sorry. Only one to a customer.

Loxodonta on June 30, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I keep saying this over and over again
you are culpable for hiding the identity of these men
and you are shameless to use pregnant teenage girls to do your dirty work
The teenage girls should be taken from you and put in protective custody and these men arrested
You people are beginning to sound like child porn distributors

Observation on June 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Observation on June 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I’m not entirely sure if you’re referring to the Mona Lisa project or if you’re responding to a discussion further upstream, so, if my response doesn’t make sense, I apologize.

If you are referring to the Mona Lisa project, the ‘pregnant teenage girl’ in question is a 20 year old college student named Lila Rose that is going under cover as a pregnant teenager. She’s not underage and is not the victim of statutory rape/child abuse.

The reason she is going under cover is to expose the fact that many of the folks at Planned Parenthood will attempt to ignore and cover up this kind of abuse when they hear about it. It also helps that she looks young enough to pass as a teenager.

No teenagers (pregnant or otherwise) were involved in the filming of these videos.

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

And you think we could at least stop funding the creeps?

Chaz706 on June 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Observation on June 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Wow.

To whom were you directing that?

I’m sure there’s a reason for the anger expressed in your comment. I’m not quite astute enough to pick up on it though. Please help me understand you.

Tom_OC on June 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

JadeNYU on June 30, 2009 at 3:06 PM

I’ve been sick as a dog today, so I’m only now catching up on my “Hot-Air” fix, but I wanted to add a little to this particular point. (and I LOVE the idea of Mary and Esther’s btw)

ANY health care agency is compelled BY LAW to report to Child Protective Services as well as the police even a SUSPICION of abuse. If a child comes into my office with suspicious bruises I’m compelled to call CPS.

If a minor came in and told me she’s having SEX with a 30-something year old, there would be no question that CPS and the police would be called.

And If I DIDN’T contact the proper authorities, I could lose my license and be held responsible for allowing the abuse to continue through my inaction.

I hope that helps…if anyone reads it so late in the posting, lol.

DrAllecon on July 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:45 PM: How many kids have you adopted? How many kids with special needs have you adopted? Do you support welfare payments to help people with unplanned pregnancies? Bringing the child to term is the easy part. It is the following 18 years that are tough to navigate. Especially, if you are dealing with a child with special needs.

We have adopted two children. One of them is profoundly retarded. The other was delayed when she joined the family but she caught up after a couple years. We also have five biological children.
We have also been actively involved in the lives of several single moms. Two years ago I met a woman in the local shelter on a Sunday and on Monday I went with her to the hospital where she had her baby and I held him first. Her preschooler stayed in my home with my family. She came home with us from the hospital and stayed here for a couple weeks. We gave her furniture, books, and groceries and helped her move into her new apartment. We talked to our local homeschool group about helping her out, and they also delivered toys, beds, baby furniture, and more.
The boys come to visit us many weekends and just finished a visit of two weeks. They call me TiTi (short for Auntie) and they tell people my husband and I are their godparents.

We also have the boys and their mother over for holidays and sometimes just because. We have taken her to doctor appointments and to get her car fixed, and we have picked things up for her when she couldn’t get to the store even though she lives 20 miles out of our way.

Chekote, we are not that unusual, and you are making an accusation based on ignorance and bigotry. The facts are that Christians adopt special needs and older children far more than any other group.

In my home-school group of some 20 families I would say that over fifty percent of us have adopted children- most of us older sibling groups, the majority of parents here have adopted black or bi-racial children, and several of them have special needs.

My daughter’s lab partner in a science class at her university was one of 24 children a local family had adopted, several with extreme medical needs. The parents are pro-life Christians.

You simply don’t know what you are talking about.

DeputyHeadmistress on July 1, 2009 at 2:22 AM

I hope that helps…if anyone reads it so late in the posting, lol.

DrAllecon on July 1, 2009 at 1:41 AM

It does. Thanks. And I’m glad that’s the law. Children need adults to help them, not the people who hurt them.

Esthier on July 1, 2009 at 10:18 AM

It seems to me that the PP lady said that she could not get an abortion without consent. She also was trying to get rid of the girl without being rude. As far as reporting to the law authorities, I can see why people don’t want to get involved. They don’t know that this girl is telling the truth about the age of her boyfriend or anything else. Most people would just find a way to avoid the situation.

Chekote on June 30, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Proof that you can always find someone to defend the indefensible.

tom on July 1, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Couldn’t even get a real 14 year old huh? Seems to me this young lady is just being an ass to lie about her age. But I guess the ends justify the means right? Pathetic.

Terry Silver on June 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Not as pathetic as trying to use this argument as a defense….

tom on July 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM