Video: Democrats refuse to stand for Pledge of Allegiance

posted at 1:35 pm on June 30, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Via the Weasel Zippers and Say Anything, behold the latest in blogospheric outrage: Democrats refusing to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance! In this case, though, the context actually improves the story. This takes place in Albany, where the New York state Senate remains locked in a power struggle in an evenly divided chamber. Rather than an insult to American patriotism, the Democrats here engaged in an insult to the intelligence of New Yorkers:

Is petulance the highest form of patriotism? After all, according to the Democratic leader of the California assembly, dissent is apparently now terrorism.  Maybe the Democrats on the other coast want to make tantrums and sandbox tactics into democracy.

In this case, the refusal to stand comes as the culmination of a series of childish gestures.  One member plays exies no erasies with the podium, while her colleagues try to make the chamber into the Democratic Club playhouse (no Republican cooties allowed!).  When Republicans try to start the session on their own terms, the Democrats refuse to acknowledge their authority to do so — which is why they remained seated, except for one Democrat, who got pulled back down by his desk partner.

Maybe it’s time for New Yorkers to send blankies to their state Senate and insist that their elected representatives take nap time, followed by lessons on sharing.  Everything these people know, they learned in kindergarten — or maybe pre-school.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

How then, at the sub-atomic, or sub-sub-atomic, etc., level, was mass/matter created?

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Let there be light“.

RalphyBoy on June 30, 2009 at 5:41 PM

So how edumacated are u?

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Really, I have never had such a simple question, become so difficult.
Yeah, I have a 4 year degree…thanks for asking.
Instead, it is like a 6 post, “what do mean by educated?”, do you want my social security number?
Just a simple question…or “It is private, none of your business”.
Why can’t a simple question, be answered simply?
What state do you live in?
Well do you mean state of mind, or geographical state…and do you want to know what hospital I was born in.
It all depends on the state of mind….
Sheesh…..

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 5:42 PM

I wonder if they had started playing THIS SONG OBAMA’S THEME SONG the Democrats would have gotten up.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. When Democrats win, it was fair and square. But when Republicans win or take power. Someway somehow we stole it according to the left.

rednebulastudios on June 30, 2009 at 5:42 PM

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Well the answer would be yes, but the founders had it right, if you want to learn something go and read it for yourself. A classroom is not necessary.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I never finished college, 1 year short, so levstraus am I stupid?

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Not knowing the right answer doesn’t mean I can’t tell a wrong answer.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:40 PM

That’s a cop out. You don’t even have a clue about the right answer, or even where to start, so you have no basis on which to determine proposed answers are wrong. This isn’t a polynomial equation where you’ve solved for A through Y, and just need to find Z. You don’t even know what the equation is, yet you’re insulting others for offering up their ideas.

Get over yourself. Either come up with your own idea, or quit venting your frustration over not having one by ripping on those that do.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Can I play?
“I know a lot of idiots with a piece of paper that says they know something”… RalphyBoy

RalphyBoy on June 30, 2009 at 5:38 PM

The problem is, the game started and you don’t know what is going on.
Wait to the next inning, and start a new comment, then you won’t “strike out”, like you just did.

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 5:44 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM

It was…umm….a…big…ummmm….BANG! Yeah, that’s the ticket! That’s science!

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Ok, what does “well educated” mean to you? A person could be a Phd but poorly educated, and a person could never have been to any organized school and be educated well in my opinion, so I have to know what it means to you.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Why not just answer with your own definition in mind?

Have you ever thought or contemplated that the whole water into wine parable might mean that at that time in history no one could drink water since it was riddled with bacteria. Hell, the colonies after the revolution still couldn’t drink water.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Honestly, I’ve always liked that one. In Christianity, God isn’t some being for whom our personal happiness isn’t worth consideration. Not only did he make wine, it was good wine, the best that had yet been seen at that wedding, which is really saying something.

But then, I like wine, so that might be a personal issue.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:45 PM

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 5:42 PM

So, you ever taken a human life? Does saying no make you smarter than the rest of us?

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Come visit some time on your own. I’ll buy you a drink. You can have it if you can reach it.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:39 PM

You’d invite me over then play keep away with a drink? Not a smart move.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Really, I have never had such a simple question, become so difficult.

Lysimachus and Melesias didn’t complain. They wanted the best answer they could get.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM

You’d invite me over then play keep away with a drink? Not a smart move.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Oh, come on. It’s all in fun. It wouldn’t be like there was a hidden camera taking future Green Room footage.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:49 PM

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Gee… I was hoping to at least get a field goal…

RalphyBoy on June 30, 2009 at 5:49 PM

“Let there be light“.

RalphyBoy on June 30, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Bingo.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Love wine, Peter Veller is the best when it comes to the box. But since I lived in Germany with my landlord who had vineyards, I am partial to German wines. Spatelese…ummmmmm.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I never finished college, 1 year short, so levstraus am I stupid?

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Well, based on your question, your reading comprehension skills could use a little work.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:51 PM

It’s now wonder that NY is in the same state of complete financial ruin as California.

Let them both sink.

molonlabe28 on June 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Backhanded insult?

Shocker.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM

You’re missing a piece of the puzzle, and that is the ever so famous E=mc^2 equations. Energy can be converted to mass, or mass into energy (otherwise, WWII would have had a different ending, albeit still a victorious one for the Allied Powers…just not the game-ender on August 6 & 9).

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 5:40 PM

The Law of Conservation of Mass/Matter is a product of the Theory of Relativity. The form can change, but the mass/matter will remain constant.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM

The Dems are the adults

/s

CWforFreedom on June 30, 2009 at 5:54 PM

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Yeah, that wouldn’t encourage right’s rants against me as an adulterer.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Never had Peter Veller. They might not sell it in Texas. I have had Target’s box wine though, and it’s the best box wine I’ve had so far.

I’m a big fan of the mixes, especially reds.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Bingo.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Well, Bingo is not quite a field goal, but I’ll take it. ;)

RalphyBoy on June 30, 2009 at 5:55 PM

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I really like that interpretation. Now do Exodus 33:20.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Yeah, that wouldn’t encourage right’s rants against me as an adulterer.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I thought that was someone else. Armageddon or something.

Don’t worry. I’ll leave the camera off for that part.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Go back to the tape. He didn’t even read my answer.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM

bridgetown on June 30, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Geochelone on June 30, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Thanks guys. I’ve been here six years and decided it was about time to back some of what this country has given me.
America is now travelling down a very dark road, and if it isn’t stopped in it’s tracks, disaster awaits. You all know this or you wouldn’t be here.

The UK, a place I loved and was once so proud of, is a stumbling wreck of a country and a shadow of how great it used to be. It is drowning in political ccorrectness and a hugely damaged healthcare system has failed and is failing constantly, (a system that decided that both of my aunts were too old to live because they both had cancer and in their 70s).

Even though all of that and more is coming this way now, I can’t wait to use my vote to bring it all to a screeching halt, or at least hamper severely it’s progress. I’m up for a long fight. Thanks once again guys for a very warm welcome!

Dino64 on June 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Finally, I think you proved your own point….it took about 6 posts, and an hour to get that simple answer.
Thanks
I suspected that, now remember, that four year college was started by the faithful…your education is because of the faithful.
They built the school system, unfortunately, secular took it over and ruined it.
But the foundation of all that you learned you owe to the faithful, and specifically to Christians.
Public schools, the education of the masses did not exist until Luther lead the reformation.
The only really learned book, the book that was read by most everyone was the bible, but Luther wanted the bible to be read by everyone (hence the first real translation of the bible into German), and all the other subjects studied as well.
As he stated…let the theologians teach religion, and the scientists teach science.
Since the bible could be read, if you could read, schools were set up in all the reformation churches to teach the populace…without that, only the elitist would have been educated, something that Luther abhorred. And contrary to fairy tales that you are so disgusted by, church schools did teach science.
Your education, your health, all yours because the faithful believe in “voodoo”, but with out that “voodoo” you would probably be a peasant in some village working for some dictator or King.
You’re welcome…but you won’t acknowledge, because beggars are embarrassed by their position in life so they rebel against what is given to them.
From atheists that feed off the faithful, like you, to the ingrates in public housing,,,,they all act the same, not recognizing who is assisting them.

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Go back to the tape.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Broken record.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:59 PM

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I have no idea what this post means…none…

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 6:01 PM

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Round hole, square peg, but you’ll try to make it fit.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Grade my comprehension skills rilght now. You and I are the only atheists on this thread. Yet you throw me to the wolves. Why? Is it because I maintained the argument that you and I are in the minority and over thousands of years of evolutionary spritualism proves that we don’t believe in ghosts but could still be wrong? I don’t want you on my team since you have no convincing argument that humans are wrong and you are right. You are probably in your twenties or early thirties and a complete Obama supporter. You also have sexual dysfunctions that I won’t go into. You hate religion and use atheism as a crutch cause you think that mainsteam christianity is fascist but don’t know why. Mommy and Daddy are still taking care of you in some way and you just can’t accept the responsibility of being an adult. Your favorite show is Bill Maher.
Curious: How close am I.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Like I tell everyone close to me, all I need is the proof. What I do know is that I have faith in my unconditional love for my three children and the fact that the sun is going to rise in the east.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I don’t know if you’ve ever read the Bible, particularly the New Testament, but none of the Apostles of Jesus Christ expected him to be resurrected. Even after he had told them that he would be.

In addition, even after His resurrection, Thomas, one of the Apostles, didn’t believe it, even when he saw Jesus before him:

John 20:25 – … But he [Thomas] said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. … [27] Then saith he [Jesus Christ] to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. [28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. [29] Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Out of curiosity, are you well educated? Not an insult, just interested if you are educated formally?

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Who’s the one that believes that “Thriller” can happen in real life? Who thinks people can waive their hands to turn water into wine? et cetera, et cetera

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Ladies and Gentleman, this is what is called a dodge. LevStrauss, you’re funny, do you do this on stage at the Catskills, or maybe Tucumcari? I’ve never seen such a raging amount of ignorance paraded as intelligence before.

Joe Pyne on June 30, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I thought that was someone else. Armageddon or something.

Oh, you’re probably right. I keep forgetting. apacalyps I think.

Don’t worry. I’ll leave the camera off for that part.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Heh. You wouldn’t need one anyway. I’m just not that easily forgotten.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:04 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 5:53 PM

It’s more precisely viewed as the conservation of mass + energy, although the two are basically interchangeable. I could go into more depth, but then we’d be discussing things like the mass of a lightwave, as well as the wavelength of a particle, and this thread has just been hijacked enough.

Not only that, the tape holding my thick black framed glasses is starting to peel away and I can’t find my pocket protector.

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM

You also have sexual dysfunctions that I won’t go into.

Dude.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:06 PM

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Our point is the same. The laws of physics cannot explain the creation of the mass/matter of the Universe. Thus, science must assume that there is something more, that cannot be explained by science.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:08 PM

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Yeah, I think we’re all starting to get nose bleeds just be click on this page.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:09 PM

No, its because you asked me this when I stated twice that being “well educated” has little to do with the degree you have or number of years you went to an organized classroom. You should have asked right2bright.

I never finished college, 1 year short, so levstraus am I stupid?

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:43 PM

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I’ve enjoyed this thread more than any other that I can think of.

:O)

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Good ole doubting Thomas. Thomas was screwed by the powers who chose to go into another direction instead of accepting his views.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM

What do you mean?

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:12 PM

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I’m just saying that they all doubted. That doubt is part of the process. Which is why Jesus directed us all to “knock” on that door.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:13 PM

You also have sexual dysfunctions that I won’t go into.

Your favorite show is Bill Maher.

Curious: How close am I.

I just hope you aren’t an FBI profiler. Let me guess, you think you’re really good at figuring people out?

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:14 PM

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM

The Gospels of Thomas are good reads.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:15 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:08 PM

Dan Brown says that Catholics can make antimatter to prove the existence of a divine intervention in the universe. But his healthy skepticism (ie:doubting Thomas)Dan used a vatican skapegoat, that made the original christians look bad.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:16 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I knew one youth pastor who argued that it’s because they doubted that he felt compelled to believe. That night, after the execution, they were all scared. Days later, they were still afraid they’d be next. Then, the story in the Bible goes, they saw Jesus.

Now maybe they did, maybe they didn’t, but what happened next is that all of those who had been afraid for their lives were suddenly out preaching, and each one of them died in horrible ways (except for John, who died in prison), executed by the state. And they all met their fates without fear, a total 180 from the people they had been before.

That’s not proof enough for everyone, but I do find it compelling.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:16 PM

The Gospels of Thomas are good reads.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Funny, Lev. Of course there’s serious debate over whether or not he wrote them.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:14 PM

How do I know. You just said no without explanation.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Doesn’t matter to me either way.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Doesn’t matter to me either way.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Of course it doesn’t. You just dismiss it all without any real interest.

That’s why it’s funny.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:20 PM

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Ok where do I send my doctors records, cable bill, copy of my census form, etc?

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Doesn’t matter to me either way.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Thomas had a view that doubted divinity. In other words, his explanation of the resurrection was more of science than divinity. This put him at odds with the church and forced him to look at orthodoxy.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:23 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I always assumed that God was a form of energy himself, able to impart some of it into dust to create Adam, or in Mary’s womb to conceive the Christ child…or to make matter out of thin air.

As a man of science and a man of faith, I don’t find the two disciplines to be contradictory goals at all. I do, however, think that strict adherence to religious doctrine can stand in the way of scientific progress…just as strict adherence to an atheist belief can also retard the process.

Take for instance, Darwin’s theory. There is absolutely no mathematical possibility that random mutations could create something as simple as a finger, let alone a complex brain. In spite of the impossibility, many atheists cling to the theory for no other reason than the alternative leaves open the possibility of the existence of a God.

Simply put, minute, random mutations would take hundreds of generations to produce a finger that gave it any sort of survival advantage…so how does “survival of the fittest” ensure the survival of something with a few “finger bumps” when it has no discernible advantage to creatures from previous generations? And if such mutations are truly random, then it’s equally possible the next generation would evolve away the “finger bumps” as they would be to further evolve the fingers.

Let’s say it only takes 10 generations to evolve a finger, and there is a 1 in 100 chance that a finger is the item to be evolved (I’m being way, way generous here). That means the chances of growing a simple finger would be 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 (that’s like breaking 1 in a million odds three times in a row, then breaking 1 in 100 odds for good measure). Now extrapolate my generous predictions to circulatory system, or the nervous system.

Random chance, my ass. The math says “hell no”.

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Where did you get your census form? If it is the 28 page acorn form then I am obligated to kill you. Nothing personal, but it is business.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I think that a lot of people think that doubt is incompatible with faith and Christianity. Clearly, it wasn’t and isn’t. It is a part of the human condition that Jesus knew, all too well.

The fact that the apostles doubted the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and that said doubt was made a part of the Gospel, should eliminate any suggestion that the resurrection was made up. They did not expect it. They, in fact, first denied the possibility. Then, they preached it, and committed their lives to it.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Nothing ever shocks me about these fascists anymore. And since this happened in NYC, I thought I would go a little old school TV on them…Wait till about 0:45 into the video; with an option to go into 1:13 of the following…

BobAnthony on June 30, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Round hole, square peg, but you’ll try to make it fit.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Trust me, you would be the only one on this post that did not understand what I wrote…and understand it’s application.
And you also know, you just don’t have an answer so you come up with this.
Just a bit better then the “strawman” that so many use.
I will make it real simple…the education you receive, that fact that you were born in a hospital, the fact that your loved ones will be educated and health care provided…is because the faithful has created a system for you.
Like you not being able to answer a simple question…you can’t face this fact…you just dodge around when the facts don’t fit your perception.
And when miracles are stated, that doesn’t fit your perception you can’t deal with that either.
So it has nothing to do with whether something is “real” or not, it is whether you feel like believing if it is true. You’re a just a “feeling” kinda of guy…facts do not matter, facts to you, is a square peg going in a round hole.

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 6:29 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM

It may have done so for people at the time who were living it, but people these days have no proof that they doubted, let alone that they had a reason to cease doubting.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM

John 4:24 – God is a Spirit: …

:O)

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Funny, Lev. Of course there’s serious debate over whether or not he wrote them.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Only among a few skeptics…you will find “scholars” denying most everything in the bible…

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM

That is why, those that study Christianity know that it is the only true religion of peace. Buddhism and Hinduism preach inner peace, but only Christianity can preach to the whole world. Even after you were forced to convert to Islam, you revered Jesus Christ.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Are you saying this just about Thomas or about all of the Apocrypha?

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I find it hard to believe that anybody would first admit to the impossibility of the resurrection, and then devote his life to that very thing, without it having happened. That is why the doubts of the apostles were made a part of the Gospel. It simply doesn’t follow that they would embrace that which they first deemed impossible, unless it happened.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Thomas was banned because he had a more scientific view at THAT TIME. The church had a choice and they chose piety over reason. Over time this led to Martin Luther. Forget Henry VIII since his motives were purely selfish. Cromwell did his bidding and did as much to purge and embarass the church as the Spanish Inquisition.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Time for me to bail.

Flyover and ynot … I truly enjoyed our discussion in this thread.

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on June 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Good luck OSU till they meet KU.

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 6:17 PM

How could you not love hearing Jesus saying stuff like this, regardless of the author?

“You do not know the Alpha according to nature, how do you teach others the beta? You hypocrite! First, if you know it, teach the Alpha, then we shall believe you about the Beta.”

Infancy Gospel of Thomas

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 6:53 PM

These maggots are well beyond the paddling stage, they need a good caning. I’ll do the right thing and volunteer to execute the punishment.

Sam_I_Am on June 30, 2009 at 7:08 PM

If the lady from Yonkers wants to physically block the podium, I think she should physically be thrown on her ass.

THE CHOSEN ONE on June 30, 2009 at 7:19 PM

FlyoverJ-HawkFan on June 30, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Prove that.

davidk on June 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM

BTW: Rock Chalk J-Hawk

davidk on June 30, 2009 at 7:23 PM

They are graduates of Patrice Lumumba University, majoring in community organizing.

gbear on June 30, 2009 at 7:26 PM

If I had stood for the pledge and my desk mate had pulled me down, I would has knocked him on his butt. Country comes last to these weasels.

amr on June 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Yes, Christianity is man made. Just as I don’t know, you don’t know, and neither does anyone else.

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:16 PM

How do you know that? Do you have faith that what you believe is true?

How would you define the difference between knowledge and faith?

To say anything other than that is wild speculation. Why should wild speculation be given any credence, especially when it goes against laws of physics, basic reasoning, and common sense?

What goes against physics, reasoning and common sense?..your understanding of things is the “truth”? What makes your faith in that belief so strong?
More to the point imo, what makes you so very bothered by others who have points of view and faith that is different than yours?..what is it that makes you care?

Itchee Dryback on June 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM

So…how about those pinko commie Demo’s not standing for the Pledge. The only thing they’re demo-ing is their juvenile “gonna hold my breath..can’t make me” mentality.
Pathetic imbeciles.

Itchee Dryback on June 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM

I have no respect for nor tolerance for New Jersey politics. . .but our neighboring New York has really invented the new low in politics, just pathetic

Willie on June 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM

These are your Obama voters in action what do you expect.

thmcbb on June 30, 2009 at 7:47 PM

One member plays exies no erasies with the podium

Ed, tell those wacky NY Democrats that they can’t triple stamp a double stamp! And no quitsies!

*touches blue to make it true*

=P

EarthToZoey on June 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Are you for real?

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2009 at 4:15 PM

No. I am just another delusion that you are having. If you still think that I am real when you wake up tomorrow make an appointment with a psychoanalyst before you can only get coverage through the coming Obama/Mengele/Kevorkian system.

MB4 on July 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM

If people don’t want to have their beliefs made fun of then perhaps they should not have such funny beliefs.

MB4 on June 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM

You’re better when you stick to words other people wrote.

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Really. Perhaps someone else did write those words and I just couldn’t remember off the top who it was. Did you ever think of that? I guess not.

MB4 on July 1, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Someone who tries to carry a cat by the tail learns something they can learn in no other way.
– Mark Twain

MB4 on June 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM

Sure, some people need to be hit over the head with something that others can use their eyes to discern. What does that have to do with Lev complaining about something he obviously doesn’t care about?

Esthier on June 30, 2009 at 4:25 PM

You seem to have missed Mark Twain’s point completely.

Hint: Lev was the cat, not you.

MB4 on July 1, 2009 at 12:37 AM

I don’t believe that people are being abducted by aliens and implanted with transponders of some sort or are being anally probed because advanced being who can travel thru time and space, just don’t quite have a handle on that “ass” thing yet and need to check it out one more time. Because I actually don’t believe in such things, it never occurs to me to think about it one way or the other…nor does it make me want to present myself at “UFO” gatherings and pull signs out of people hands or just generally disrupt other peoples beliefs.

Atheists, on the other hand, seem to really like doing things like that.
Why do you suppose that is?

Itchee Dryback on June 30, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Maybe because of the paucity of “UFO” threads on Hotair.

MB4 on July 1, 2009 at 12:45 AM

If someone makes comments on a thread when there is no one left on the thread to read them, do they still exist?

MB4 on July 1, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Well if you knew the reason I asked you would not have quoted that…
Don’t let quoting be a substitute for thinking – right2bright

right2bright on June 30, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Don’t let ad hominem be a substitute for thinking. – MB4

If you would just think more, and ad hominem less, you just might realize that great care goes into my selection of quotes. – MB4

MB4 on July 1, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Did a different person write each of the above three paragraphs?

Random chance, my ass. The math says “hell no”.

ynot4tony2 on June 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM

You “math”, all three versions of it, is very incomplete.

MB4 on July 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM

This only proves that the Democrats are the biggest whining babies in this country. They either get their way or they pull stunts like this and also add 300 pages to a bill at three in the morning and force a vote. Change you can believe in? Try voting against every incumbent up for election the next couple of elections!!!

old war horse on July 1, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Who is really surprised by the behavior of this left wing degenerate pond scum?

rplat on July 1, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Does anyone except the same tight group of flesh eaters even read these threads anymore?

lizzee on July 1, 2009 at 6:07 AM

LevStrauss on June 30, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I agree. Like the fantasy that life spontaneously began in a pool of slime (how many laws of biophysics does that one break?) and then “improved” itself randomly (by ignoring “entropy”?).

Or the universe spontaneously exploding from nothing – (that would throw the first and second laws of thermodynamics out the window), then inflating faster than the speed of light (e=m something or other).

I love how you guys can pick and choose where to apply the rules of science. That kind of makes you all powerful and all knowing. I’m beginning to think you atheists have “god complexes”.

Squiggy on July 1, 2009 at 6:18 AM

So, what the heck was this thread about, again?

OldEnglish on July 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM

OldEnglish on July 1, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Well the article was about dems not standing for the pledge, but I got here very late so I went with the flow.

Apparently these things can take on a “stream of unconsciousness” kind of flow.

Squiggy on July 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Democrats saying the pledge of allegiance? You’re lucky if they’re not burning a flag or spitting on a returning soldier.

Jeff from WI on July 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM

One member plays exies no erasies with the podium

Ed, not to sound too prolish but many of us don’t speak Latin (or French) so maybe a little less of the cliches please.

Big John on July 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM