Sanford: I “crossed lines” with other women too. Also, Maria’s my soulmate

posted at 4:05 pm on June 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’m confused. Is he … trying to destroy his wife and kids? Or is this just some sort of slow-motion nervous breakdown?

His aides seriously need to start steering this guy away from microphones before he ends up telling us which positions he and Maria tried.

South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford said Tuesday that he “crossed lines” with a handful of women other than his mistress – but never had sex with them.

The governor said he “never crossed the ultimate line” with anyone but Maria Belen Chapur, the Argentine at the center of a scandal that has derailed his once-promising political career.

“This was a whole lot more than a simple affair, this was a love story,” Sanford said. “A forbidden one, a tragic one, but a love story at the end of the day.”

During an emotional interview at his Statehouse office with The Associated Press on Tuesday, Sanford said Chapur is his soul mate but he’s trying to fall back in love with his wife.

He told the AP that the shenanigans with other women came during trips outside the country with male friends to, and I quote, “blow off steam.” Whether that means trips to a strip club or something more, only Sanford knows. But just wait a day or two. I’m sure we’ll find out.

As of last night, nearly 50 percent of South Carolinians thought he should stay on. Can’t wait to see what happens to that number tomorrow. Exit question: Show of hands, ladies. How many of you would be willing to take back a guy who told you, “I’ve met this other woman and she’s totally my soulmate, but I’m going to try real hard to fall back in love with you”?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Do we have to bash Huckabee? He didn’t go slumming in third world countries.

TXMomof3 on June 30, 2009 at 7:49 PM

No, he just went on and on about his friendship with the Sanfords (on his show…), instead of smacking Sanford up the head…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 7:50 PM

I didn’t even try to watch Fox this weekend. I was afraid they were still on their Michael Jackson kick.

TXMomof3 on June 30, 2009 at 7:52 PM

TXMomof3 on June 30, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Oh, they were… And then Jerry and Shep kept blabbing on and on… I see that while O’Reilly says it’s wrong to encourage people to kill child rapists, Jerry couldn’t quite muster that much… “I guess I’m just not as good as you.”

Rivera needs to go work for TMZ or something…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 7:54 PM

As a woman I can say for a fact that any man that professed his love to me and took wedding vows for better or worse and then went out and publicly humiliated me and my sons is no love of my life. I believe in trying to save a marriage to a point, but when someone does that to you I think it’s pretty much over.

scalleywag on June 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I note he’s Episcopalian. Any Episcopalians care to chime in about the meaning of marriage vows in that church?

Speaking as an Episcopalian (yes, you CAN be an Episcopalian AND a conservative though it’s NOT always easy.) they are the SAME marriage vows as in most Christian churches!

The main parts of the marriage service are as follows. Look familiar?

The Declaration of Consent… The priest first asks the woman if she will “live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live.” The response is “I will.” Then the same question and response is asked of the man.

The Vows…
First the man. In the Name of God, I, (groom’s name), take you, (wife’s name) to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow.” Then the woman says the same vows.

From the catechism in the Book of Common Prayer… “Holy Matrimony is Christian marriage, in which the woman and man enter into a life-long union, make their vows before God and the Church, and receive the grace and blessing of God to help them fulfill their vows.”

So YEAH, Sanford royally f’d up his sacred vows to his wife.

Concerning remarriage after divorce, canon law states that “the Church permits remarriage after divorce if there has been a civil judgment of divorce or annulment, and the bishop consents to such remarriage.”

Since pre-marital counselling is required before ANY wedding is performed in an Episcopal Church, if either party is divorced, concerns regarding the reasons for the divorce, the former spouse and the well being of any children would be discussed as well.

Probably more of a response than you wanted. :)

Kirin on June 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM

scalleywag on June 30, 2009 at 7:55 PM

A week ago, I thought it was her choice (based on what she knew about him) to take him back

Now I’m thinking she’d be crazy to take him back…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Now I’m thinking she’d be crazy to take him back…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Well it’s STILL her choice. Maybe for the kids?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Well it’s STILL her choice. Maybe for the kids?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

For the kids? Do you really want to risk the chance of even one of your sons being exposed to their Pvssy Father and perhaps ending up like him? I’m thinking she’ll be granted custody, if there were a divorce.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

He certainly confirmed her story. *haha This is the most fun affair in years. EVERYBODY is talking, including the marriage “counselor.”

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Well it’s STILL her choice. Maybe for the kids?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Oh, and I never said she didn’t have a choice. Even crazy people have a choice – as we saw in our last election.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:07 PM

LOL..true

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

With 4 boys involved, I don’t think fun is quite the right word.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM

With 4 boys involved, I don’t think fun is quite the right word.

Well, OK. You don’t laugh at this turkey, then. Frown at your screen if that makes you feel more virtuous.

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Note to Mark Sanford: if you want to tell someone about your creepy extramarital sexual escapades, you can write Penthouse, not give an interview to the AP. No one wants to know the sexual habits of a 50 year old man.

GO. AWAY.

John_Locke on June 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Who wants to see Sanford on “I’m a Celebrity?” Thought not…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Pack up your stuff and hit the road Jack. No way, this guy sounds like a serial philanderer. He’s like a bull and all the cows are his. The wife will be much better off without him. He’s no King David, either.

Kissmygrits on June 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

This whole situation makes me laugh and cry at the same time…

ninjapirate on June 30, 2009 at 8:32 PM

He`s John Edwards without the cancer-striken wife.

ThePrez on June 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM

LOL…(feeling very virtuous)

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

GO. AWAY.

John_Locke on June 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Really?…(feeling dejected)

At 50 years old you shouldn’t have anything to brag about to Penthouse.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

He`s John Edwards without the cancer-striken wife.

ThePrez on June 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

And the impregnated fugly mistress…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

He`s John Edwards without the cancer-striken wife.

ThePrez on June 30, 2009 at 8:33 PM

But Edwards wife was a publicity hound. We don’t know that about Sanford’s wife

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

“…trying to fall back in love with his wife.”

Trying.
To.
Fall.
Back.
In.
Love.

That could possibly be the most pathetic, unintentionally hurtful phrase ever uttered by a cheating spouse. Sorry, but if Sanford cared a thing about his wife, he’d hush his mouth. I feel so bad for those beautiful Sanford boys who will have to grow up hearing about how Daddy not only two-timed Mommy but couldn’t stop publicly embarrassing her with his confessionals.

Just stop talking, Sanford. And please resign.

EarthToZoey on June 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

…trying to fall back in love with his wife.”

Trying.
To.
Fall.
Back.
In.
Love.

Just stop talking, Sanford. And please resign.

EarthToZoey on June 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

That is an excellent point

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

My dad was a philanderer. Thank God he wasn’t in the public life and none of his escapades made the front page. But I’ll always wonder if my mom shouldn’t have left him and perhaps had a happier life. Lord knows she deserved it, the woman was a saint.

scalleywag on June 30, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Now I’m thinking she’d be crazy to take him back…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 7:58 PM
Well it’s STILL her choice. Maybe for the kids?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Is it better for the kids for them to be with both parents when they know their father is in love with someone other than their mother?

ProfessorMiao on June 30, 2009 at 8:49 PM

As a lady, I’m showing my hand in favor of Jenny kicking that piece of cheating trash to the curb. Sorry, but he’s only showing just how much of a two-faced, hypocritical, chauvinistic jerk he truly is.
And yeah, someone seriously needs to keep him away from any more microphones. Heck, ship him back to Argentina for all I care, let them keep him.

NObama on June 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

But Edwards wife was a publicity hound. We don’t know that about Sanford’s wife

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Hey, when her husband walks out on her (any minute … OK any year…), she’ll need some money from her book deal…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Wow, my wife knows I’ve got this thing for Catherine Zeta Jones. She just said if she calls looking for me, I’m free to date her.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Ever seen their mansion. Community property, she’ll get half. Doesn’t need the $

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

You might want to ask Michael Douglas first.

ProfessorMiao on June 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Um, Sanford IS having a nervous breakdown IMO. (Yes it sometimes does happen in slo-mo.)

He’ll either be in the hospital within two weeks or…he’ll have resigned without telling us the real reason why (but he’ll be going home to “rest”). I hope it’s the latter.

inviolet on June 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

The money is hers. She’s the heiress. That pleases me to no end. :)

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

You might want to ask Michael Douglas first.

ProfessorMiao on June 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

LOL..I didn’t say it was very likely

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Well, I’m sure she needs to money to donate to her favorite Charity. Come on, Lizzy Edwards is a stand up gal. I hope the Pope makes her a Saint Popesse of all Immaculate causes… When she farts, all you smell is strawberry cream. She could even continue hosting Hard Ball… via telephone.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

The money is hers. She’s the heiress. That pleases me to no end. :)

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Then she didn’t need the “pity me” tour.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM

ROFLMAO

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Then she didn’t need the “pity me” tour.

Jenny’s interview didn’t bother me. I thought it was frank, but not self-pitying. She strikes me as very centered.

Elizabeth? That was a self-pity tour, for sure.

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 9:02 PM

GOVERNOR, SHUT UP!!!!

GFW on June 30, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Man…and you considered hiring him as your latex salesman?

BL@KBIRD on June 30, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I was talking about Liz Pity Tour

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Liz Pity Tour

Did you catch Sanford’s mistress’s comments? It was a classic. The person who hurt everyone was the one who shared the e-mails. She’s not saying WHO, but she knows.

Man, he’s trading down.

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I heard this today on Rush’s show and was like, Dude shut-up. I really hope for the sake of his family, he STOPS TALKING.

hmfearny on June 30, 2009 at 9:09 PM

One last thing, does he not have any friends he can talk to about this instead of, ummmm the the media?

hmfearny on June 30, 2009 at 9:13 PM

hmfearny on June 30, 2009 at 9:13 PM

What’s a friend going to tell him? Get a rope and chair because your dead anyway.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Liz Pity Tour

T-shirts: $15.00

XXL $20.00

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Maria Soulmate T-Shirts
$1.00

XXL $1.05

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 9:23 PM

earth to zoey
My thoughts exactly. If I were Jenny Sanford, he’d be beyond gone and I would take his job just for spite. She was his campaign manager.

elclynn on June 30, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Gov Sanford i voted for you 2 times as a S.C. voter i say now shut the hell up and resign and just go away.You need help so just resign and find a Dr. quick.

thmcbb on June 30, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Gov. Sanford. I had no clue who you were a week ago and I’d like to go back to not knowing. I’d feel a lot cleaner.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I’m really surprised at how many women in her supported Sanford

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 9:36 PM

This guy needs to get on Dr Phil… He’s starting to become an attention wh0re.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 9:37 PM

LOL, as if there is a difference there.
If you men are weak, then I have power. Derrrrrrrrr

Never kidded myself, honey. I’m well aware of my power.

Just glad I don’t live in a Muslim nation, where the men are REALLY Weak.

bridgetown on June 30, 2009 at 6:34 PM

———————————————–

Oh my gosh that is hilarious- you poor thing, I am a woman. I just don’t deceive myself into thinking I’m “all that” because men would like to screw me. Don’t confuse a stupid horny man with your own personal “power”, is my advice. All you need to exercise that “power” is what is between your legs, just check out any bar in your geographical area & stay there until closing time. Wow, what a weird thread.

kg598301 on June 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM

kg598301 on June 30, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Bridgetown is too busy sleeping with Children… You doubt me? Just keep watching her posts.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Kind of a President Clinton strategy He gets all of the skeletons out of the closet (cause you know the media will keep digging for as long as they can get a story out of it), and then if any of this is brought back up he can claim it is “old news that he already asked for and recieved forginess”

If he can survive now he will be fine.

LincolntheHun on June 30, 2009 at 4:23 PM

He forgot that this only applies to Democrats. The “old news” of Republicans is deemed relevant even decades later while no one dare mention Reverend Wright from a few months ago.

Speedwagon82 on June 30, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I wonder why they don’t just announce the divorce. Obviously, this marriage is over. What’s the point of dragging things out?

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Some have jokingly and not so jokingly said he may be having a nervous breakdown. I think he really is. Think about it:
He has/had a wife who is beautiful, intelligent, accomplished, dedicated, and super efficient from all accounts. Four healthy, handsome, smart sons. He was beloved by many conservatives and considered a good choice to run for president in 2012. If a Republican wins in 2012 and is fiscally conservative and good with foreign policy, he/she will be seen by many as the person who rescued/saved America.

I have zero pity for him, but blowing all of that is enough to give anyone a nervous breakdown.

macblanegirl on June 30, 2009 at 9:48 PM

If I were Jenny Sanford, and I loved my creepshow of a philandering husband enough to give him a second chance, hearing him say (publicly!!!)that he would “try” to fall back in love with me would be the most hurtful, demoralizing thing that could happen to me. Even if she’s the heiress, I wouldn’t leave the dirtbag two pennies to rub together by the time I got through with him.

Cornhusker on June 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

No she won’t. Do you own a Skil saw? If you do some of your money is in her bank account. She’s not only the wealthy one through her family, I’m pretty sure she was far more successful in business then he ever could have been. She was a vice-president at a wall street firm.

peacenprosperity on June 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Russian rollette with a full clip in an automatic, he has offically gone bonkers.

workingforpigs on June 30, 2009 at 9:54 PM

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Well, he did tell the whole world that he would try to fall in love with his wife again, even though his lover is his soulmate. Once again, I wish he would just resign and go away and stop reminiscing about his rendezvous.

sarc/

hmfearny on June 30, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Maybe he thinks no one is listening because of the funerals so he can get it all out now? Confession good for the soul or something like that? Has all the markings of a nervous breakdown in stage one where reality slips away. Sad. So terribly sad.

BrideOfRove on June 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I think you’re probably right about the nervous breakdown.

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

The Gov’s soap opera brings to mind the Gary Larson cartoon, “Just Plain Nuts.”

PattyJ on June 30, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Can’t this man just shut up. The damage was done with his first press conference. I could care less anymore. He’s just giving more salt to rub into the wounds of anyone who may have supported him. Plus, it’s more fuel for the media to run with.

Hobbes on June 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

One question. She knew about the “other woman”, why’d he “run off” so others would be looking for him. He’s not even smart being sneaky.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I think the point is that he wasn’t even trying to hide it anymore. He knew it was going to come out soon and just wanted one more booty call before it got publicity.

Speedwagon82 on June 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Yeah, he obviously knew the e-mails were going to hit. But I don’t think this is the last booty call.

AnninCA on June 30, 2009 at 10:15 PM

First let me say I am very sorry that I voted for Sanford twice. I considered writing my own name in for prez in the last election. I am thinking that I just might do that for all offices going forward. I know I won’t win, but at least I won’t have the burden of putting scum into office.

If you want to hear the local take on Gov Scumford, there are a couple of good sources http://www.newsradioword.com The Russ and Lisa show is on in the morning and then the Bob Mclain show in the afternoon. They have pod casts too. And http://www.wyff4.com has a whole special section of the Scumford affair.

I am thinking I should go out and get some of that paint like the use to write on cars at used car lots and write recall Gov Scumford all over the windows. You know a grassroots kind of thing the GOP is always talking about that we need to do more of on our side.

USBB on June 30, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Scumbag.

And he is not even food looking!

purgatory on June 30, 2009 at 10:24 PM

If my husband pulled a “Sandford” he would of my life faster than he could say “Argentina”.
What a piece of crap!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2009 at 10:27 PM

It should say be out of my life.
Sleepy meds are kicking in.
sorry.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Sanford is what I call a “quarter inch prick”. Thank you.

bloggless on June 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Allah! Did you really delete my comment? I thought under the circumstances of your question that you would grant a more liberal tolerance of our responses. Now, what I said was that Sanford is a “quarter inch pr*ck”. And that he is. In fact, I bet his ho down in South America is probably disgusted by his whining. He is Beta through and through. Yecccchhhhh!

bloggless on June 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM

And another thing, wasn’t the Guvnor unfaithful to his mistress by having sex with his wife???? What a skank that other woman is. Yeeeecccchhhh!

bloggless on June 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Sanford is a loser. He lets the world know that he’s no longer in love with his wife by saying that he’s going to try to “fall back in love with” her while at the same time publicly acknowledging that his mistress is his soulmate.

How little respect he must have for her to say those kinds of cruel things in public. Mrs. Sanford needs to kick him to the curb and fast.

Sensible Mom on June 30, 2009 at 10:50 PM

…two weeks ago this guy was considered a 2012 hopeful…

BPD on June 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM

If that is the case, we are in big trouble. This is getting to be beyond embarrassing with this guy continues to blabber on. Take you medication and shut up.

bayview on June 30, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Maybe someone said this already – just got home. DOESN’T IT SOUND LIKE HE’S JUST BRAGGING? And this is the man we were thinking about running for Pres? It really sounds like he’s come unglued, or having a breakdown. How could he do this to his family and go on babbling about his indiscretions?

Bambi on June 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

And don’t get me started on him begging his wife to see his mistress. He’s not a man, he’s an adolescent.

His mistress is his “soulmate” only because the relationship requires no work at all — just hooking up a few times a year. It can’t get easier than that. If he lived with her and raised kids with her, he’d be back trolling wherever he picks up chicks looking for another “soulmate.”

Sensible Mom on June 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I think he’s mentally ill and needs a long supervised rest before he harms himself.

Chris_Balsz on June 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Sensible Mom on June 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I agree! The minute she lets loose with an early morning fart, she is history.

bloggless on June 30, 2009 at 11:04 PM

What also bothered me was when Sanford compared himself to King David. At least his wife chose to compare this time to Job’s suffering. Sanford’s so arrogant he compares himself to one of God’s chosen. Does he know the rest of the story? Does he know how God punished David for assuring the death of his mistress’ husband?

Sensible Mom on June 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Well it’s STILL her choice. Maybe for the kids?

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Living in a loveless marriage for the “sake of the kids” isn’t teaching the kids what a real marriage is.

Those children are better off with a mother who knows how to stand up for herself.

I hope Jenny Sanford divorces his ass, tells him to stick it where the “sun don’t shine” and laughs all the way to the bank.

pullingmyhairout on June 30, 2009 at 11:11 PM

DOESN’T IT SOUND LIKE HE’S JUST BRAGGING?

Bambi on June 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Yes. It’s idiotic. I don’t know what his motive may be (perhaps friction between him and his wife we know nothing about). But he’s setting himself up for a huge fall and a long bout with despondency and depression. He should quit and seek help.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Exit question: Show of hands, ladies.

This mental midget needs to disappear quickly.
He is starting to make Paris Hilton look smart.

I mean could this guy be doing any more damage if it turned out he was really a democratic plant the whole time.

I read this post and my first thoughts were “Axelrod,you magnificent Bastar#.”

I just hope his wife has more strength and self respect than Hillary and Edwards did and kicks this idiots butt right out of the house.

Baxter Greene on June 30, 2009 at 11:23 PM

FWIW, South Carolina is not a community property state, but divides assets according to something called equitable distribution. Fault and where money came from in the first place is considered.
Also property that does not qualify as a joint asset, such as an inheritance not combined with family funds or used to purchase family assets, would be her own.

She can forgive him if she pleases at the cost of being able to avail herself of fault grounds using past transgressions. But she won’t have to wait long for him to stray again, I don’t think, if I were a betting woman.

SarahW on June 30, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Oh. My. God!

He really is in love with Maria, because he is doing his dirty best to give Jenny an excuse to divorce his ass in order to save her face from this debacle!

Damn these smart Republicans!

A) What’s the over under that Jenny divorces him now?

B) What’s the over under that Sanford gets married to Maria and then writes the world’s greatest love story?

Huge book and movie deal my friends. HUGE pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

HUGE.

Only in America.

Muse Doctor on June 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Just think Republicans if this turkey was the guy you sent up against Obama in 2012. And you thought McCain was bad.

technopeasant on June 30, 2009 at 11:59 PM

brainless on June 30, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Easy there, Sport. It’s called moderation. And you’re not getting paid by the exclamation point.

Jaibones on July 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

peacenprosperity on June 30, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Bingo. If I was that pretty Argentine girl, I’d be hitting on Jenny. You just never know…

Jaibones on July 1, 2009 at 12:11 AM

DOESN’T IT SOUND LIKE HE’S JUST BRAGGING?

Bambi on June 30, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Oh, totally. I was thinking the same thing while watching the first interview. There is something about the way he talks about this subject that just seems like he’s reminiscing… as if he’s so thrilled to let everyone know about his “secret lover”. Perhaps he’s unloading all of the emotional baggage (that he packed to the gill, mind you) or perhaps he enjoys being caught.

Cheeky bugger.

EarthToZoey on July 1, 2009 at 12:45 AM

He should stop talking now.

DFCtomm on July 1, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Loyalty – fail.
Pride – fail.
Candor – fail and check.
Humility – check.check.check.

brennan251 on July 1, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Amazing! Almost 400 Rorschach test comments already. This could be enough for a book…

Sigmund on July 1, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Perhaps he’s TRYING to get his wife to leave him so he can “justifiably” say, ‘Oh, my wife left me, she doesn’t want me…I guess I’ll go and be with Maria now. Poor me.’ That HAS to be what he’s trying to do, because otherwise, I can’t figure out why he’s turning an already negative situation into a train wreck.

LiquidH2O on July 1, 2009 at 2:51 AM

“Crossed the line” several times with many women letting off steam? Only “crossed the ultimate line” with Maria? My soulmate, the ultimate love story? I’m going to try and fall back in love with my wife? Politics aside, this man does not deserve his wife. There are 2 sides to every story obviously, and we don’t know what went on in their home, BUT to publicly humiliate his wife and family is sad and pathetic. I wouldn’t have to think longer than 60 seconds to give him an answer about “trying” and 60 seconds is about 59 longer than he deserves.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

She knows that the reality of that happening is pretty slim. Besides who doesn’t have a fantasy? She’s also probably pretty secure knowing you’ve not “crossed the line”

ladyhawke53 on July 1, 2009 at 5:36 AM

Get this bum out of the news . . . quickly.

rplat on July 1, 2009 at 6:28 AM