Limbaugh: Obama’s going to try for a third term or something

posted at 6:04 pm on June 30, 2009 by Allahpundit

Yeah, I know Jose Serrano introduced a House resolution to repeal the 22nd Amendment a few months ago. He did the same thing in 2003. It went nowhere then and it’ll go nowhere now. Help me figure this out: Conservatives are absolutely convinced that Obamanomics was, is, and can only be an unmitigated disaster for the country, so much so that the chief strategy among the base for a Republican revival at the moment is to sit back, watch liberalism implode, and then welcome back voters to the right with open arms. If all of that’s true and a backlash to Hopenchange is inevitable, how is Barry O planning to get a constitutional amendment passed before 2016? He’d need 2/3 of both the House and Senate and 3/4 of the states to ratify it. Even if every Democrat in Congress voted to lift presidential term limits (which they wouldn’t, if only for reasons of simple self-interest), they’d still need to pick up a bunch more seats in both chambers to push it through. How bad, exactly, does Rush see things getting for the GOP — especially at the state level, where only 14 red states could block the amendment — that he’d imagine something like that might be possible? I don’t follow him here at all. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

FDR was no Obama.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’ll gladly accept your apology when it shakes out the way I predict.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Don’t underestimate FDR or his “related” wife…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM

They remembered when they saw those planes fly into those buildings and they will remember again if someone tries to call off an election or refuses to leave office when the election is over.

I know a lot of people who voted for Obama not because they hated this country, but because he was the Democrat and they vote for Democrats. That might be stupid, but it is not treason and it does not mean they do not love this country.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM

hmmmm some may. Many didn’t. Many just remembered what it was like to be a New Yorker.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Its not beyond the realm of possibilities.

Although its beyond the realm of probabilities.

Rush’s is point and mine exactly is that some way some how a (i)legitimate attempt will be mounted. The repeal of the 22nd ammendment is oh so passe. Why put it to a vote.

I do not envision The One leaving peacefully.

The One is not about the rule of law its about the rule of his justice. Two very different things.

The last 12 months have been very evident that what rulers deem is best for themselves they will pursue.

WichoFawkes on June 30, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Upstater:

I refuse to believe that Americans will just forget who they are. I also refuse to believe that the men and women of our armed forces will ignore that oath that took. I don’t think that men like my Governor here in Indiana will pretend that all is well if Obama or any other president just chose to ignore the transition of power.

I am not saying that Obama is not a demagogue, he is. In fact I think he is downright strange. But we have survived strange presidents before with the Constitution intact.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

I know you refuse to believe this is happening. But in fact, there are some changes in our demographics that are making this that you call “impossible” a coming reality.

Also, did you also read this one article at the American Thinker? You will understand what this person is talking about. And it’s frightening.

newton on June 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Don’t underestimate FDR or his “related” wife…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:11 PM

From everything I’ve read, I can cite one very IMPORTANT difference between Obama and FDR.

FDR didn’t hate the USA.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Terrye, there is a world of difference between Hoosiers in Jeffersonville, Indiana and those in Gary or even in Indianapolis. Similarly, there is a world of difference between Americans in Piqua, Ohio and those in Los Angeles or Seattle. Would most Americans stand up and risk everything, life, liberty, their families, to rise up against a sea change in our governance? Or would there be more who would support such an historic change, in hopes that they’d be better off? This past election had a sobering effect on this observer…how many voted for Obama not knowing one damn thing about him, his record, or lack thereof, but voted merely on the historic event and that hope and change meme?

Those who voted for Obama cut across all demographic lines…even rich, well-educated, elites…even those with no political axe to grind…voted for him based on what?

ifd circumstances present themselves, or the correlation of forces are such (to use the old Marxist-Leninist terminology) it is not impossible for this President to serve beyond 2016. Not probable…maybe. But not impossible.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Daggett:

I hope you are wrong too.

FDR had real honest to God communists in his administration as well as socialists. At one point they seriously considered nationalizing the railroads and farms.

FDR served longer and had more impact on the office than any president in the 20th century. There was no strata of American life that was not changed or touched by his tenure in office.

Banking, Wall Street, agriculture, the Courts, social welfare programs and on and on.

I think FDR loved this country, but he was a very radical president in his time. Obama would like to be another FDR, but he is not smart enough to pull it off and he lacks the strength of character.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

newton on June 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

American Think has some good articles. Here’s one on Obama and the Cloward-Piven strategy, as I described.

There are other articles on it, most of them published before Obama was elected. I wish people had read them back then.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

FDR didn’t hate the USA.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM

And you can’t cite that Obama hates America.

What did FDR and Obama have in common? Well for one, they wanted to change America into something they could love.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

FDR was no Obama.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM

They have to grab the guns, and do something about the conservative military sworn to uphold the constitution. If these hurdles can be overcome, then I wouldn’t put him above it, but from here to there is a long road.

DFCtomm on June 30, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I wish I could be as comfortable about our future as you seem. I’m not sure yet whether I agree mostly with you or others on this thread, but yer doin’ a really good job here of holding up your side and stimulating thought from the rest of us. Thank you, Terrye and opposing others, for another really hot HA thread.

petefrt on June 30, 2009 at 8:19 PM

coldwarrior:

Would they stand up and risk everything? So you are saying the military would go against the people? That the same young men and women we have been giving support to would forget their oaths and turn on us?

I say that because the only way we would have to risk everything is if our military backed Obama when he said no more elections.

I know there is a difference between hoosiers, but to be honest I know Democrats who would probably have a problem with just throwing 200 plus years of history away.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Folks, Terrye is taking all comers. This one’s a hot topic, I know; but please, take a breath, dear.

ConScribe on June 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM

They remembered when they saw those planes fly into those buildings

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Not really, Terrye. Less than 20 years after the fall of the USSR and less than 8 years after 9/11 America voted in a marxist who was raised a muslim in a muslim country with the middle name, Hussein. Don’t talk to me about what people remember.

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM

DCWVU

Hysteria. Your ignorance is stifling.

See this site http://www.end22.com/

It is dedicated to a third term

CWforFreedom on June 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM

petefrt:

It is not a question of being comfortable, I honestly do not know how people think this will happen.

They think that because Obama took over GM he can just say no more elections and the rest of the country will say Okie dokie, like that happens every day.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I cannot say it enough

Rush is on to something

Read his quote then see

CWforFreedom on June 30, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Character has nothing to do about it. Achieving a goal…for whatever reasons…that is what Obama is, has been, and will be about.

It goes beyond that Sylvania, Ohio “spread the wealth” remark to Joe the Plumber.

The goal is the wholesale re-ordering of American priorities, economic, political, cultural, social, so that not only can wealth can be spread around, but the fundamentals of the power structure we have known for over two hundred years can be altered such that recovery would be next to impossible should the left be able to enlist the aid of those who will be receiving that “wealth” and build a bloc that demographics will maintain for the next 20-plus years.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Oh, my! That was brilliant! It certainly explains succinctly why my father hated Roosevelt.

BetseyRoss on June 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM

And you can’t cite that Obama hates America.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I can. Everything he says about America shows his hate for it. Most of the people he surrounded, and surrounds, himself with hate America. All of his policies are designed to weaken and harm America.

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM

From http://www.end22.com

Join the Grassroots Movement to Make Barack Obama’s Third Term Possible!
REPEAL THE 22ND AMENDMENT
Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected President of the United States four times. FDR died early in his fourth term after serving three full, successful terms. It was his leadership that brought our great country out of Economic Crisis and War.

Congress passed the 22nd Amendment on March 21, 1947 to limit future Presidents to two terms and took the choice out of the hands of the American People, where it belongs.

History has no way of determining what would have happened to the United States if Roosevelt had been limited to two terms and had been unable to lead us out of the Great Depression and through World War II. With our current crisis, the American People need to take back their right to elect the leader of their choice. The task is too large and the risk is too great – we must act now!

CWforFreedom on June 30, 2009 at 8:24 PM

progressoverpeace:

You say that as if the people who voted for Obama think he is a Marxist. They don’t. They do not think they voted in a Marxist. They think they voted in a liberal Democrat. And a lot of them actually thought he was a moderate Democrat. They do not think he was raised in a Muslim country, they think he is from Chicago and he was raised in Hawaii.

I think that most people do not see the man you see.

I do think that if Obama could get a third term he would, but I am not so sure he will even get a second. I know a lot of people who voted for Obama who are already sorry they did.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Perhaps it implies… But then doesn’t that mean that FDR hated America? Hmmm perhaps.

Actually, I don’t think Obama hates America… He just hates what it is. He wants to rename it to the USSOR

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

CWforFreedom:

That does not surprise me. But there is a big difference between over riding an amendment and winning a third term and refusing to leave office when you have not won an election at all.

I think someone wanted to overturn the amendment for Clinton too.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Terrye, I’m saying that you should never underestimate the pwower of mass insanity – which is exactly what we saw in Oct 2008 and through the election. Combined with a neo-pravda press, there are no limits to what can be done.

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

DFCtomm on June 30, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Oh, I’m not saying he’ll succeed. I just think this is what he is shooting for, if you’ll pardon the pun.

If it were your intention to destroy the economy and seize power, what would you do differently than what Obama is doing? Nothing.

I thought about that. It left me with two options: Either Obama is incredibly stupid and screwing up at every opportunity, or he’s treating the economy with deliberate malice.

Then I stumbled on Cloward-Piven and all the connections to ACORN, Obama, etc. which outlines a plan to orchestrate a crisis by destroying the economy on purpose, which makes it possible to seize power and implement hard-core socialism.

Considering Obama’s ties to George Soros, ACORN, Piven, their “teacher” Alinsky, etc., it’s pretty darned hard to explain Obama’s actions by saying he’s an idiot. He may be an idiot, but if that was his only problem, even an idiot would make mistakes and do something right for the economy.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Over 20 million illegal inhabitants of the United States given amnesty by a Democrat administration will not be suddenly desirous of voting for the opposition. Add to that a skewed census and new seats in Congress established, and add to that the desire of too many Americans for something for nothing…free stuff…and then add the leftist ideologues and you have a huge voiting bloc that will support just about anything to maintain the new status quo.

We, the People, ain’t the We, The People, your Dad and Grandfather knew anymore.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Terry what did Rush say?

CWforFreedom on June 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

FDR did not hate America. FDR had been Secretary of Navy and had a long history in politics. And there was a lot of naive people on the left back then {still are}, many of them were really shocked to see what Stalin turned into. FDR wanted to change America, but he did not want to destroy it.

I am not sure what Obama wants.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I’m not sure how you extend this to FDR. He was not out to exact revenge, as The Precedent is. There is no comparison between FDR and The Precedent. Not in my mind, at least.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:27 PM

He hates whites, the successful, and the West, in general. To me, he wants nothing more than to exact revenge on us and leave our nation a smoldering husk. All of his policies have moved in this direction.

I don’t think he wants to be Precedent for life. I think he wants us to suffer and to strip our nation of all its wealth and distribute it to the third world. He is all about “social and economic justice” and “redistribution”, and on a global scale. This is nothing but revenge and the theft of our wealth.

FDR was bad, but nothing like this.

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

See this site http://www.end22.com/

It is dedicated to a third term

CWforFreedom on June 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM

And, surprise surprise, look at how they’re selling the idea:

FACING CRISIS WITH LEADERSHIP

See? That’s exactly what I’ve been saying. Only we haven’t even BEGUN to experience the crisis he’s brewing.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I am not sure what Obama wants.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Oh, I don’t believe Obama wants to destroy America (as in burn it to the ground). I just think he wants to destroy America as it is… So, I guess he does want to destroy the idea of America… And thus so did FDR.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

coldwarrior:

FDR invented the idea of using groups to gain power. He got the labor/farmer people on his side. He got the pensioners on his side. And it worked for him for awhile. The immigrants voted for him too.

But the point to Shlaes’s book was that the Forgotten Man was not the poor man, but the guy who had to pay the taxes and carry the load.

As of yet Obama has not gotten those 20 million voters and he might not get them and you can not be sure that they will ever vote for him.

The forgotten man might be the man with the high light bill, the man who just lost his job..etc. Obama has some real challenges out there. The idea that the American people are just sheeple is really kind of an insult. One of the reasons I left the Democratic party was that they always seemed to be looking down on Americans. I don’t want to do the same thing now.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I am not sure what Obama wants.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Those pesky unintended consequences that seem to follow the Left around all the time. Why is it that it always happens to them? And yet we all seem to think everyone notices when they don’t.

BetseyRoss on June 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

FDR wanted the US and Stalin’s USSR to be the peacekeepers in a post WWII world. In effect, joint global power sharing between the White House and the Kremlin. FDR detested colonialism. He believed the rhetoric of “Uncle Joe” in that Stalin would be a willing partner to both the US and USSR sharing responsibility over the globe…shutting down Euro power once and for all, as both believed that European powers were the cause for all the globe’s problems.

Fast forward to today…

Obama believes that the United States is largely responsible for the problems of the world and we have to engage with Leftists and Marxists and such in order to re-order the world’s priorities.

Take it from there.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Me too. It’s hard for me to conceive he won’t be thoroughly discredited in 2-5 years. So the question of how he might arrange a third term may well be moot. But until then, it’s a matter that needs close, ongoing scrutiny, IMO.

petefrt on June 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Upstater:

You are probably right about that. He wants to make it a country that Michelle can be proud of.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Yes Rush is just bloviating

/sarc

CWforFreedom on June 30, 2009 at 8:38 PM

FACING CRISIS WITH LEADERSHIP

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Notice how they try to link O with our former Savior FDR.

CWforFreedom on June 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Rush is always right. Look what Chavez has done in Ven. Obewon is just getting started here. By the end of his first term, people will be begging him to stay forever.

Kissmygrits on June 30, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Dagget:

I am in my 50s and so I can remember the 80s and it seems to me there were people wanting to repeal the 22nd Amendment to give Reagan a third term. It is not that unusual. But getting it done takes a lot more than a majority in Congress.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I know a lot of people who voted for Obama who are already sorry they did.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:25 PM

That’s a good thing.

The question is this, “Will the numbers of those disappointed and disgusted at him increase enough to defeat an ACORN-organized, Soros-funded re-election campaign?”

newton on June 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

CWforFreedom:

I think Obama wants to be another FDR. Fat chance. I don’t think FDR could be FDR today.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

But getting it done takes a lot more than a majority in Congress.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

It also takes two-thirds of the state legislatures.

newton on June 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

FDR was bad, but nothing like this.

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 8:34 PM

So we agree that Obama wants to destroy the idea of America…

I do fail to see the “honor” that FDR had… Fortunately we didn’t get to watch him “fight” the Cold War…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

The Precedent wants what Hannibal wanted. The only difference is that Hannibal was kept outside the gates of Rome. To counter the sad fact that we have let this one, not only in the gates, but given him the reins of power, is the thankful fact that The Precedent lacks any of the talent of Hannibal. Thank G-d.

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

petefrt on June 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Therein lies the key to all of this.

A wholesale change in membership of Congress in 2010, a repudiation of Obamanomics and national policies. Followed in 2012 by a Conservative/Federalist winning of the White House, and obtaining more seats in Congress, and a rapid re-ordering of Obama policies to once again fit national programs and policies to the Constitution and end statism.

Our failing in this task…Obama serving beyond 2016 is no longer moot.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

newton:

Here in Indiana ACORN is under criminal investigation by the state.

If Obama loses the Independents and if the economy gets much worse and if our debt continues to climb, I think Obama will be in real trouble.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Folks.. Lets review the bidding:

1. Amassing untenable amounts of debt which will eventually debase our currency.
2. Circumvent congressional oversight by appointment of czars.
3. Taking over largest portion of our financial system.
4. Gevernment owenership in some of the largest companies in America.
5. Obtaining government control over not only energy but the choices the citizens make.
6 Same with healthcare.
7. Siding with dictators over rule of law.

NOW DOES ANYONE THINK THAT ON THE CURRENT TRACK THE CITIZENS OF THIS GREAT NATIONS WILL HAVE ANY SAY ABOUT IT!!

HoustonRight on June 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I agree. Obama loves America. But the America he loves is not America as we know it. The America he loves is another America, an America of his dreams, an America that’s the antithesis of its former self, an America remade to fit his own vision. Yes, in that sense… and that sense only… Obama loves America.

petefrt on June 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

HoustonRight on June 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Not unless they start doing something about it.

BetseyRoss on June 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

progressoverpeace:

I was thinking the other day that if the news of Obama’s relationship with Wright had come out right before Super Tuesday instead of after it, he might well have lost the nomination. Think of all the primaries Hillary won after that.

But the press did not report on this man. I don’t even thing that was all conspiracy, I think a lot of it was partisan politics and idealism and short sightedness.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:45 PM

BTW ACORN(COI) taking part in the census will not help matters.

HoustonRight on June 30, 2009 at 8:46 PM

So we agree that Obama wants to destroy the idea of America…

No. I believe that The Precedent wants to destroy America, for real. That’s how I see it.

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I have no love for FDR, and you are correct that we are very fortunate that he went when he did.

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

HoustonRight:

I saw some poll the other day that said 90% of the people were concerned about the deficit. 90%. I thought that was kind of surprising.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Upstater:

I think FDR became president in a very bad time when a lot of people were suffering a lot more than they are now. The Republicans had passed Smoot Hawley and made a bad situation worse and what is more they were becoming more isolationist not less.

FDR owed a certain amount of his success to the fact that the opposition became shrill and sour. In 1938 however, the Republicans began to come back.

But we have to keep these things in the context of their times. We have to remember what it was like back then.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Do some serious reading of FDR and his personal correspondence with Stalin, among others. Had FDR lived, there would have been no Cold War, at least not as it developed after WWII. There would have been a schism between the White House and the Kremlin at some point, when conflicting goals met, as they would certainly have done under Stalin, who viewed FDR as a convenience in his desire to eliminate Great Britain as a global power. FDR envisioned a partnership between the US and USSR to maintain order and peace in the world after the hostilities of WWII ended.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Terrye—————–

Half of Americans do not even know what the deficit is

CWforFreedom on June 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM

In 1938 however, the Republicans began to come back.

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM

That Republican comeback was due in very large part to FDR’s anti-Depression policies actually causing more damage to the economy than they helped. Even FDR Secretary of Treasury admitted in the late 30′s that FDR policies were more damaging than letting the market sort itself out on its own.

You cite “The Forgotten Man.” Good for you. Good book. In it is says as much, that FDR’s policies were failing across the board. Had it not been for Pearl Harbor, FDR would not have been re-elected.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Hope your right. Frankly though I am inclined to side with CW on this one. I think when asked people might say they’re concerned but I am not convenced they know why they should be concerned.

HoustonRight on June 30, 2009 at 8:57 PM

The two term limit is moronic.

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Our failing in this task…Obama serving beyond 2016 is no longer moot.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

You and I see it going basically the same way, CW. For America as we know it, we are now in the end game.

petefrt on June 30, 2009 at 9:02 PM

The two term limit is moronic.

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Just like the Constitution, right?

[That was just too easy to pass up. Honestly, you'd think sometimes they could find a better quality of trolls.]

petefrt on June 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

For America as we know it, we are now in the end game.

petefrt on June 30, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Yep.

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Had it not been for Pearl Harbor, FDR would not have been re-elected.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

That’s the only shoe that hasn’t dropped. YET

HoustonRight on June 30, 2009 at 9:12 PM

ACORN is under criminal investigation and prosecution in the courts in a number of states. However, the Holder DoJ seems reluctant to support the rule of law in too many areas of dispute. Furthermore, the “Stimulus” bill gave a huge amount of money to ACORN, so that its reach is even further advanced beyond its role in conducting the census.

Honest elections are becoming more and more of a memory.

onlineanalyst on June 30, 2009 at 9:13 PM

All I can say is that at the rate he’s going, and at the rate the economy isn’t going to improve, and indeed REGRESS further with Cap and Tax, as well as Obamacare, that to get a SECOND term he’s going to have to roll tanks over people to stop them from voting him out.

Of course, today the Democrats just stole themselves a senate seat, they could be counting on ACORN stealing him a 2nd term.

wildcat84 on June 30, 2009 at 9:14 PM

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw Obama take the side of the wannabe Chavez in Honduras was he sees his future if he decides to pull a similar stunt during his second term.
Rush laid it out perfectly, what is not easy to follow here?

Allah, do not underestimate the power of a well funded ACORN. It’s an octopus with 1,000 tentacles. All the arms live to serve one entity, The One!

FireBlogger on June 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Why does Rush wear these hideous yellow and pink golf shirts? I thought we were the party of Alpha Males?

Speedwagon82 on June 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Speedwagon82 on June 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM

They look good with a tan, plus I doubt Rush is worried about being pegged as a Beta. I’m just joking, I have no idea what he wears.

Cindy Munford on June 30, 2009 at 9:27 PM

The two term limit is moronic.

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Just like the Constitution, right?

petefrt on June 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM
——-
Gimme the reasons why a two term limit is necessary. Can’t wait.

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Obama: What constitution? We have a constitution? Why do you need a constitition when you have me? Where have I ever led you wrong?

vulcannomad on June 30, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Eight years is enough of anyone. People who live in D.C. are isolated from the real world, they know almost nothing about the people they are suppose to represent. I don’t even think Congress should be allowed to live in D.C.. There should be a time frame to complete the legislative duties.

Cindy Munford on June 30, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Gimme the reasons why a two term limit is necessary. Can’t wait.

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Ask the opposition in Venezuela…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:40 PM

I’m not talking about repealing the 22nd Amendment. I’m talking about ignoring it for the sake of getting the country through a crisis (of his own making).

Don’t tell me he wouldn’t do that. He has already ignored the constitution by seizing property without due process. He ignored the law a number of times, including one HE enacted (30 days notice before firing an IG). He has no respect for the law. He just does what he wants.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

how is Barry O planning to get a constitutional amendment passed before 2016?

So, let me get this straight, you think the only way barry can get total power is through the constitutional process?

I know you can’t hear me allah, but I am laughing uproariously right now.

There will be alot of kneejerk liberals like you saying, “But I didn’t vote for this!” Well he all but told us he was going to do it, why didn’t you believe him?

peacenprosperity on June 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Gimme the reasons why a two term limit is necessary. Can’t wait.
Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

franklin delano roosevelt

peacenprosperity on June 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM

I don’t even think Congress should be allowed to live in D.C.

I’ve been thinking about that alot recently. With modern communications there is no reason for all branches of government to be in the same city. There are all kinds of contingency plans to get them out of washington in cases of emergency. Why not put each branch in a different spot? And not big cosmopolitan areas. Send the senate up to alaska. Maybe anwar, in the shade of the oil derricks and refineries.

peacenprosperity on June 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

peacenprosperity on June 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I think they should just stay home. Let them look the people they are suppose to serve in the eye, patronize their constituents stores, remember the joy of pumping your own gas and driving your own care. It would also be nice if all the influence peddlers willing to pay for favors didn’t have all the pigeons in one tidy locale. I have another winning idea. Discontinue gerrymandering. Each state should be divided into equal sections based on their population and the number of representatives their state should get. The days of mapping out crazy districts should end.

Cindy Munford on June 30, 2009 at 10:18 PM

peacenprosperity on June 30, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Up the FDR Administration, most members of Congress lived in boarding houses or apartments for those times when Congress was actually in session, and government was a lot smaller then, too…State, the War Department, the Navy Department and a few others shared offices in the Old Executive Office Building, next to the White House.

Then came the Democrat building of government…starting with the National defense Act of 1947, creating the Defesne Department up through Johnson’s rapid expansion of government into areas that should have best been left to the states, and the growth hasn’t stopped, even Reagan, though he cut a bit, still saw vast increases in the professional cadres in DC.

Interns, staffers, researchers, analysts, and those who take care of the ash and trash of politics, routinely follow the jobs, serving for a Dem then a Republican, then back to a Dem, often. A professional cadre of professional bureaucrats inhabit the offices of DC, but most live outside the District…too expensive…and dangerous. Then the lobbyists, and the professional representative organizations, and the centralization of power, raw power, is pretty much a given inside the Beltway.

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

coldwarrior on June 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM

So reducing the size and the amount of time in D.C. is just a pipe dream of mine? I think it’s a winning issue but I guess I am in the minority.

Cindy Munford on June 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I can’t help but laugh a little when people who own guns say that they “won’t let it happen”. It’s happening right now, little by little. And you’re letting it.

So when the “time comes” and the water is at a full boil, who will you shoot? How will it stop Obama?

deewhybee on June 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM

First, Terrye I admire your faith in the American public. As others have said, I wish I could share that faith with you.

Rush has said a kazillion times, one of the most costly things we pay for in this nation is ignorance. The fact that we have comments like that lunatic Bass woman in CA only serves to underscore the ignorance factor.

During the era of FDR American history was actually taught. Civility was part of our culture. Common sense was not a rarity. There is a reason the people of that era are called “The Greatest Generation”. The American people would have not elected Barack Hussein Obama to become President, and not because he was black, but rather because they would have demanded more answers from the media.

We are close to having 25 czars appointed by a President with a very questionable past, and scary associates. These czars do not answer to Congress, reign over about a trillion dollars, and are not Constitutional. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is an Alinsky duck!

Tonight I have watched two GOP types, (Dyke & Henretty), on Fox News say derogatory things about Sarah Palin. I am not a die hard Sarah Palin fan, (yet), but the persistent circular firing squad, and joint trashing of Sarah Palin by both members from the Left and Right is telling, in the sense that it weakens support for the GOP as a whole. Michael Steele could not even muster the balls to defend Palin over the Vanity Fair article when on Hannity. But oh yeah, WE are suppose to be the “big tent” party! So why is it again we should think President Lightbulb could lose 2012? He is going to so tick off the American public, and just like the powers of pixie dust, the GOP will magically ride in with a decent candidate who wipes the floor with President Skateboard. I am not holding my breath. It would seem neither is Rush.

ACORN, Secretary of States, Attorney Generals and the media are all entities we must take back to some degree in order to win both the 2010 and 2012 elections. If you do not get the significant moves made by Soros in these areas, you are smoking wacky weed. A pissed off American public is not going to be enough. This is politics, not a tea party. Tea parties will only be successful if it brings poll watchers, lawyers and voters by the bushel barrel load.

One other factor to consider why Rush is right, as he almost always is 98.2% of the time is this, how can you work to get someone elected when you have no job? What if 15-20% are unemployed, and we are facing extreme taxes? Elections could not be so important when your family is hungry, and has no shelter. Plus, how do you finance a decent Conservative candidate when you do not have two nickels to rub together? Funny how chaos can change a nation.

By the way, anti-Semitism is at an all time high world wide. If you want to see what we are becoming, look at Great Britain. And Scalia I think said he would hear the birth case if three other Supremes joined him. I am thinking that case might just get heard one of these days. Do not underestimate the SCOTUS members on our side of the aisle. Geniuses! Insert a sly wink here.

freeus on June 30, 2009 at 10:35 PM

So why would Obama, or Congress, start worrying about the Constitution now? It’s not like it’s done much to stop them thus far.
People want to know what’s happened to this country. It’s this simple:
“For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.” Romans 1:21-32

Send_Me on June 30, 2009 at 10:45 PM

I don’t overestimate The Precedent. He is a borderline retard. But fomenting chaos and destruction is an easy job. It is order and growth that is difficult. The bills flying through Congress are chaos and destruction. Plain and simple. The rest of The Precedent’s policies are even worse.

progressoverpeace on June 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
- Confucius

MB4 on June 30, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Not to add to my thesis, lol, but we must not forget the moves being made regarding the IMF and the UN. And I for one am still wondering why the Feds are not going bat crazy over the fake bonds found in Italy. Talk about chaos with the dollar! Holy cow!

This Administration is like a kudzu on steroids. There is not one area of our government, and more importantly private lives, that it is not being invaded. You can burn it, but it still comes back. Lightbulbs! They want to tell us what kind of lightbulbs we can use!

Have you guys read the details of the Ameri-Corp bill. I did because of my yutes. IF they participate in this brownshirt organization, they could not go to their church, express their Christian views, or work on an election which would be for a Conservative. As they say, the devil is in the details.

I do want to again underscore that Jews in this nation, and the world, are in serious danger. Some Jews have expressed their fears, and feelings directly to me. To ignore this, or not pay attention to this is something I for one will not do. I do not want to have to account for my actions over this in a negative way to my God. I feel pretty sure I will get a one way ticket to hell for it. And the same goes for any religious group, or race who would be treated in any manner similar to those actions taken by Nazi Germany.

Rush is only sensing and reading the signs of the times we are living in. He is not God, but I trust him more than any other public figure out there championing this great nation.

freeus on June 30, 2009 at 10:54 PM

how is Barry O planning to get a constitutional amendment passed before 2016?

I know you can’t hear me allah, but I am laughing uproariously right now.

peacenprosperity on June 30, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Dittos!

rcl on June 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM

petefrt on June 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I doubt if the MSM would allow Obama to be discredited, but if Obama gets to keep doing what he’s doing, it won’t matter if he’s discredited. Obama is doing everything he can to make sure it won’t be a fair election.

Daggett on June 30, 2009 at 10:59 PM

The audacity of hope was for his campaign
Tyranny and thuggery are for his reign
His candidacy was rather like that of a Henry Houdini
His presidency is shaping up to be much more like that of a Benito Mussolini

Although he tries to slip it all in under another guise
To all his fascist action most foul we must still be wise
In spite of all the Houdini lies
Dancing in Obama’s Mussolini eyes

MB4 on June 30, 2009 at 11:01 PM

It’s pretty damn simple. Obambi wants to turn this country into Zimbabwe or the Sudan. Hell, Michigan and California are already there thanks to a decade of rock solid Democratic dominance in those states. Nobody will be able to stop him once his Civilian Defense Force is created. That will give Obambi a private army of storm troopers composed of inner city gang bangers, illegal aliens given a choice to join or leave the country, and pardoned convicts from Federal prisons. He’ll put some puppet general like Strollin’ Colin Powell or Wesley Clark in charge and it will be the SA all over again.

Percy_Peabody on June 30, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Cindy Munford on June 30, 2009 at 9:40 PM
——–
These are ludicrous reasons.

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Gimme the reasons why a two term limit is necessary. Can’t wait.

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Ask the opposition in Venezuela…

Upstater85 on June 30, 2009 at 9:52 PM
——
Irrelevant. Try again.

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Gimme the reasons why a two term limit is necessary. Can’t wait.
Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

franklin delano roosevelt

peacenprosperity on June 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM
———
ha ha

Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I am still waiting on General Colin Powell to announce his counter strategy to all this since he is the de-facto leader of the Republican Party.

/sarc

JP1986UM on June 30, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Gimme the reasons why a two term limit is necessary. Can’t wait.
Dave Rywall on June 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM

For the same reason that, prior to FDR, two terms was the customary though unwritten limit on presidential terms.

That said, I think Rush went over the line here. It’s one of those things that probably was better left unsaid in his broadcast.

ddrintn on July 1, 2009 at 12:07 AM

That’s some conspiracy theory there.. next Rush is going to tell us about the FEMA camps that Obama is prepping for all the conservatives.

popularpeoplesfront on July 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM

What will he do? Lock himself in the Oval Office and refuse to leave?

Terrye on June 30, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I meant to point you to this:

Different day, same old dysfunction in Albany: Senate Democrats locked in chambers … again

Different day, same old chaos and dysfunction. Senate Democrats – at least a few of them – have already laid claim to the Senate chamber.

Sen. Brian Foley (D-Long Island) and several staffers locked themselves inside the Senate chamber. As of 9:30 a.m. Wednesday it was just the small group.

Minutes later, Foley and his staff were joined by Malcolm Smith (D-Queens), whom the Democrats still recognize as president of the Senate and the majority leader.

[ ... ]