Video: Press corps now openly laughing at Obama’s backtracking on taxes

posted at 7:26 pm on June 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

It’s a laugh riot, isn’t it? Actually, they might be laughing more at Gibbs’s feeble way of ducking the question than The One’s looming broken promise, but in Gibbs’s defense, what’s he supposed to say? Obama pounded McCain for wanting to pay for health care by taxing benefits, rode into D.C. promising Change, and now he’s going to eat a crap sandwich by reversing himself because it turns out personal charisma doesn’t work on hard economic numbers. So Axelrod and company have to go out and face the firing squad and “explain” via stuttering half-answers why Barry O lied about this last year. It’s a political microcosm of Obama’s economic M.O.: They borrowed political capital by pledging “no new taxes” to win the election and now down the road the bill’s finally come due.

Elsewhere today, Gibbs declared that it’s okay to start judging the success of the stimulus. Over to you, Innocent Bystanders!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

“This, of course, makes the situation look even worse.This, of course, makes the situation look even worse.”

To all those newly promoted to the unemployment rolls, welcome………!

………….To assist you in your transition, let me prepare you for what you are about to go through.

- Shock or Disbelief: “What are you telling me? I can’t be fired, or laid-off, your company can’t run without me? You obviously have the wrong man!

- Denial: “This didn’t happen. Once they have to my job, too, they will call me back in. I might as well drive into work tomorrow.”

- Anger: “Fu%k Them! I was going to quite anyway!”

- Bargaining: “I tell you what, if you need someone to fill in while people take vacations, just give me a call.”

- Guilt: “Maybe I shouldn’t have sent that e-mail joke around on company time.”

- Depression: “I don’t want to get out of bed today.”

- Acceptance and Hope: “OK, sent out just enough e-mail resumes to satisfy unemployment insurance, time to meet the boys at the bar and talk how we are going to start our own business…….”

Seven Percent Solution on June 29, 2009 at 8:06 PM

My judgement on the stimulus? I just got laid off. Sure is working for me. /sarc

aikidoka on June 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Welcome to FUNEMPLOYMENT!!!!

txag92 on June 29, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Cue up Joe Biden saying it is patriotic to pay taxes.

ICBM on June 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM
Wasn’t that Tim Geithner ?

the_nile on June 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM

No, it was Biden. Don’t be surprised if the rationale for tax increases has a patriotic theme attached to it.

ICBM on June 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM

aikidoka on June 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Welcome to FUNEMPLOYMENT!!!!

txag92 on June 29, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Sorry to hear that Tex.

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM

ProfessorMiao on June 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I think the latter would be more detrimental to the country. Unfortunately, I am beginning to think this is the case.

HoustonRight on June 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM

aikidoka on June 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Welcome to FUNEMPLOYMENT!!!!

txag92 on June 29, 2009 at 8:06 PM
Sorry to hear that Tex.

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I’m sorry to hear it too. Best of luck.

txag92 on June 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM

ICBM on June 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Yea right… This country exists because of a 1/2 of 1 percent tax. Paying taxes is not patriotic.

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Here is the horseshiit….

The MSM knew that Barry couldn’t deliver, yet they what, pushed him in because of “feelings”. Because they were brought up and educated that good and evil were fairy tales.

Now we are supposed to pat them on the back when they start nipping at Barry’s heels? Not me, not now, not evah. You cooked the stew, media, and you damn well deserve to have it shoved down your throat.

Limerick on June 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Oh, please. Nobody believed his stupid promise.

JohnJ on June 29, 2009 at 7:39 PM

Oh yeah, try having this conversation with some of those tools, even today. :P

I do have to say, ol’ Speaker Granny McRictus DeathMask was sure right, that bill was about “jobs jobs jobs and jobs!” The unspoken part was the word lost.

bikermailman on June 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I’ve never seen a politician so QUICKLY commit such foolish stupid naive acts to make himself a one-termer.

It’s baffling.

Sapwolf on June 29, 2009 at 7:37 PM

ACORN. He isn’t even going to campaign in the Summer of ’11 because he knows he will be “re-elected”.

portlandon on June 29, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I’m sorry to hear it too. Best of luck.

txag92 on June 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Doh…. My bad… I really should make sure I read the entire post before replying… /blushes….

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 8:10 PM

From an immigration link on this thread.

Mexico “is a Third World country,” said Rodriguez, who knows several who have already gone back. It’s a last resort he’s not willing to consider.

“How’s that going to be? It’s going to be worse.”

Moral of the story; being a ‘second class citizen’ in America still beats living in Mexico.

El_Terrible on June 29, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I dohave to say, that Gibby has GOT to be thinking to himself: self, what the H E Double hockey sticks was I thinking when I took this job?

bikermailman on June 29, 2009 at 8:10 PM

BUDAPEST, June 29 (Reuters) – Hungary’s minority Socialist government passed a crucial test on Monday when parliament approved key 2010 tax changes to help the country recover from its worst recession in almost two decades.

The tax law, which will cut personal income taxes and social contributions paid by employers to the government, was passed with 211 votes and 152 votes against, with backing from the Socialists’ former coalition allies, the Free Democrats.

Bajnai’s government, which took office in April, has cut spending and kept the budget deficit in check. This has helped the forint to firm from all-time lows hit versus the euro in March, and helped rebuild some investor trust in Hungary.

And in other news, the potus is spending trillions of tax payer dollars, printing money as needed, and has now informed his citizens that he will not be able to stand up to his campaign promises of no new taxes on those that make 250 thousand or less.

This has to be a sci-pi movie we’re watching…

Keemo on June 29, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Time to pull out the “I won” mantra again, Gibbs?

unwashed minion on June 29, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Shouldn’t came as a surprise. This Admin. is all about borrowing as we all know.

Yakko77 on June 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Keemo on June 29, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Yup… Kind of figured he wouldn’t keep any promise that involved not raising taxes…

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Once again. Baghdad Bob.

milwife88 on June 29, 2009 at 8:14 PM

You know what’s funny about Robert Gibbs? I think he’s our next door neighbor… we call him “Ned”. “Ned” always breaks the rules. He washes his cars meticulously each and every Saturday even with watering restrictions. He mows his weeds AFTER he washes his cars and gets dirt on the cars. Then, he goes back and washes the cars again. Gibbs looks just like our “Ned”.

He has 2 motorcycles that he washes over, and over and over again, but he never ever rides them. He wears a suit when he goes to work. Late at night? He jumps on a trampoline in his back yard in his tighty whities. Up and down, up and down, up and down. And he mumbles with each jump. I kid you not.

I wonder if I might be living next door to Robert Gibbs.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:15 PM

bikermailman on June 29, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Nope… He keeps looking in the mirror in the morning saying to himself… I am not Baghdad Bob, I am not Baghdad Bob, I am not Baghdad Bob….Oh god…. O I am Baghdad Bob….

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Nice… Appropriately corrected!

Keemo on June 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Actually, the member of the press is wrong too. Obama didn’t just promise not to raise taxes on “anyone” making less than $250k. That was how he said it more often when nervously answering a question. When he was more composed and prepared he would generally say “working families making less than $250k”. Like “saving jobs”, he never defined what this meant, and why he used that specific language in prepared remarks.

All that said – WAIT!? Obama lied!? I don’t believe it! Really though, who the F cares about this tax when we’re on the verge of passing “cap-and-trade” the biggest tax in history, which ABSOLUTELY WILL AFFECT EVERYONE!

RightWinged on June 29, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Question?

If the Liars in Power,are going to jack up the taxes,
then,why hasn’t the Liberal government,cut back,on
their own employee’s and some governmental positions!

You know,like share the pain!!

canopfor on June 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM

RightWinged on June 29, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Nope. It’ll be dead in the Senate.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Does the 52% who elected him give a sh*t about the lies and the rank dishonesty of Obama and his administration? Because if not Obama will be elected again and the complete ruin of America will be complete. Ignorance is the worst thing that has happened to the citizens of this country…

CCRWM on June 29, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I have a hunch it’s the same bunch who are convulsing with tears over the death of the black Chuckie doll, called
Michael Jackson.

betsyz on June 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM

“Process” is one of those post-modern weasel words of the “progressives.”

Gibbs is a sorry joke of a press secretary. Does he really believe the nonsense that he spews?

onlineanalyst on June 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Nope. It’ll be dead in the Senate.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM

We can hope… Yet given the damage The One has already done, I’m not sure “hope” is something I have much of anyway. I don’t see how we ever recover.

RightWinged on June 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Gibbs: “We are going to let the process work its way through. Alright?”

Sanford: “As we go through this process of working through this…”

Process process process. It covers a multitude of sins.

silverfox on June 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Frum, Noonan, Parker and Powell all just hired a personal cardiologist. They are on suicide watch. All we have to say is “TOLD YA SO” and that will put them over the edge.

All together now: “TOLD YA SO”

Geochelone on June 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Here’s what we need to do, say, speak and live by.

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

……Abraham Lincoln

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:21 PM

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Gibby most likely thought Bob was just the bee’s knees! Those durned imperialist pigs made him look bad….

bikermailman on June 29, 2009 at 8:21 PM

RightWinged on June 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM

No Baby… don’t you EVER give up. That’s the hopenchange they want. They WANT you to give it up, lay down, roll over and shred your Constitution, your Bill of Rights, your Heritage and your Legacy.

Not gonna happen on my watch.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Exactly right. That POS scam will never make it out of the Senate.

Keemo on June 29, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Bagdad Bob

milwife88 on June 29,2009 at 8:14PM.

milwife88:Good one,hehe! How about ‘Chicago Mob Gibbs’!:)

canopfor on June 29, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Geochelone on June 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM

You broached a good point.
Now we must also hold all the pundits who so heavily bought into Obama, point our fingers at them and laugh…you fools were fooled into thinking he was telling the truth.
NYT never forgave Bush and the WMD’s, these guys will do the same to Obama, he is making them look like patsy’s…

right2bright on June 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Can we all agree that it was good that a black man won the presidency. And since that seems to be the sum total of Obama’s accomplishment, he has fulfilled that role. Now, he should go home and let the grown-ups deal with the mess he has made. And take the waterBob with him.

Mallard T. Drake on June 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Robert Gibbs Fibbs.

Obama needed to fib
so he hired Gibbs
because he is a Lib
who acts very glib
and drools on his bib
cause he stained his crib.

Geochelone on June 29, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Exactly right. That POS scam will never make it out of the Senate.

Keemo on June 29, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Not just this latest POS scam but the entire barackobamanomoly (I’m coining that one) will be stopped in its tracks. Too much chit is happening way too soon and too many people are realizing… something just is not right. We know it. They know it. Kind of like a game of chess…. Who’s gonna make the next move.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Obama needed to fib
so he hired Gibbs
because he is a Lib
who acts very glib
and drools on his bib
cause he stained his crib.

Geochelone on June 29, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Got some music for that? That would be awesome if you did.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Now if we can only get the Press corps openly laughing at Obama’s backtracking on taxes

NoFanofLibs on June 29, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Not gonna happen on my watch.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I’m just not sure how we ever deal with $80+ trillion debt, which is growing by the millisecond.

RightWinged on June 29, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Maybe, someday, we’ll be treated to a Matthews explanation of the “tingly leg” event as an acute incidence of incontinence, and bore no relation to that “dumb black guy”.

When dreaming, dream big.

BobMbx on June 29, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I am so glad I can point all the fools that voted for these imbeciles and say, “Told ya so!”

SouthernGent on June 29, 2009 at 8:34 PM

You broached a good point.

right2bright on June 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I respectfully disagree on this approach. From my observation, what I see is a Nation deceived. Now, nobody likes to be pointed at like they have been fooled and 99% of the time they will play defense if you go on the offense by pointing out a failure in judgment, performance, whatever.

What we really need to do, as a Nation, is to acknowledge that a mistake was made, that sometimes we err on the side of caution and that we were so hoping for change that we just came together and elected a person who, quite frankly is not qualified to hold the office of POTUS. We, as a Nation, did our best to acknowledge the pain of the past, but we were mistaken when we elected an individual based on the color of his skin versus the credibility of his character.

We are now a Nation in peril, but not for long. We have allowed ourselves to sleep and go onto auto pilot in voting booths. We have allowed ourselves to be deceived to the point that we find ourselves scratching our collective heads and wondering WTF?

Now is the time. Let good men and women come to serve this nation without regard to political affiliation. Serve because you want to better our nation, our communities. Be honest in your dealings. The end of corruption is near, and you can hear it with these politicians being exposed each and every day.

Either we are a Nation By, of and For the People, or we are servants to some scamming criminal thugs that don’t deserve my foot on their face.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:37 PM

SouthernGent on June 29, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Me too. I have already sent this page to a couple of “guilt voters” that I know telling them not only “told ya so” but I also include a “thanks for F-ing the country” while I am at it.

milwife88 on June 29, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I’m saving up for some non-fluorescent light bulbs!!!

deidre on June 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Have you tried the solar powered light bulbs? During daylight hours you don’t really need them and they don’t work in the dark when you do. Should be a big hit.

Geochelone on June 29, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Read my lips! No new taxes!
The public official who made that promise was voted out.

Tony Soprano on June 29, 2009 at 8:44 PM

I have solar lighting. Works fantastically.

Tony Soprano on June 29, 2009 at 8:48 PM

This is going to be a real test for the MSM. I don’t believe the honeymoon is over…

d1carter on June 29, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Yakko77 on June 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Seriously, Barack Obama’s attitude about borrowing money is exactly what has brought the current financial crisis.

Loosen the rules from borrowing, don’t require the ability to repay.

How can so many be fooled yet again by the same lie?

I’ll answer that: because we all want stuff we can’t afford. No matter how rich we are we always want more stuff. It is a pitiful part of being human.

petunia on June 29, 2009 at 8:48 PM

My prayers every night include ” Lord, let the truth about Obama be seen that this country you have so richly blessed will escape the harm he intends for us”

Haven’t been dissappointed yet in what He has allowed to be revealed.

journeyintothewhirlwind on June 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM

My prayer at night is “Deliver us from evil.”

BetseyRoss on June 29, 2009 at 8:57 PM

read my lips…

29Victor on June 29, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I reject the idea that the national press will ever turn on The Obama. The reason why they are laughing is because the propaganda is so blatant, so obvious, yet the media *knows* the proles will swallow it whole. That’s why they’re laughing, not at The Obama, but at the proles who’ll eat it.

Skandia Recluse on June 29, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Hmmmmm, if the price of Gasoline dropping was… Just like a Tax Refund, then why isnt a increase in the price of gasoline just like a tax increase???

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Ezzzzackly!

mikeyboss on June 29, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Exactly right. That POS (the Crap and Treadmarks Bill) scam will never make it out of the Senate.

Keemo on June 29, 2009 at 8:23 PM

OH?

Who is gonna stop it? Collins, Spectre & Snowe?

BillaryMcBush on June 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM

i miss dana

BPD on June 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Gibbs is a sorry joke of a press secretary..

onlineanalyst on June 29, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Watching an old Ari Fleischer press conference after watching Gibbs is like running though a field of flowers with no shoes on. Refreshing.

unwashed minion on June 29, 2009 at 9:13 PM

OH?

Who is gonna stop it? Collins, Spectre & Snowe?

BillaryMcBush on June 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Remember to vote for this guy in the California Senatorial race in 2010… Because he intends to introduce legislation repealing Crap and Tax…..

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 9:13 PM

CCRWM on June 29, 2009 at 7:36 PM

No, they are all watching BET, MTV, and the Housewives of New Jersey. They don’t have a freaking clue what is going on. Don’t believe me? Ask one of them what Cap and Trade is.

jimmy2shoes on June 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Haven’t been dissappointed yet in what He has allowed to be revealed.

journeyintothewhirlwind on June 29, 2009 at 8:51 PM

My prayer is: “Oh Lord,let thy swift harsh justice reign down on these Democrats, these killers of children, these servants of Satan. May thy justice wipe them from this earth. May your justice wipe out the atheists, the ACLU, the NAACP,NOW,Planned Parenthood, ACORN, the UAW, the AFL-CIO, the Teamsters and all other evil organizations that hate you Lord. May you once again bless this country with real leadership. May you help us Lord return to the Constitution that you helped create in the hearts of those that loved you. Lord, please lift this evil mantle of that devil Obama and his moronic side kick Biden. Cast them into hell, with the witch from New Sodom, along with Reid, Murtha, Frank and those of the spineless GOP with their spineless Democrat and RINO followers, forever and ever, AMEN

Jeff from WI on June 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM

BillaryMcBush on June 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Stick around here a while Billary, much to learn.

Keemo on June 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM

CCRWM on June 29, 2009 at 7:36 PM

If the Dems retain majorities in both houses after 2010, the ruin of America will be complete before 2012. They will take a while to come to fruition, but the seeds of its downfall will all have been planted.

Now isn’t that a cheery thought.

ProfessorMiao on June 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM

“We’re gonna let the process work it’s way through.” This is now my new slogan.

Jim-Rose on June 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Thanks for posting that. Now, if only Obama would read and appreciate those precious advice from Lincoln…

mz.josephine on June 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM

CCRWM on June 29, 2009 at 7:36 PM

There are some who will never give enough of a crap to turn on Obama, or at the very least the Democrat Party. Remember, as big a landslide as Reagan won in 1984, over 40% of the country still voted for Walter Mondale.

But the GOP doesn’t need to flip that large a percentage of the electorate to win back the White House in 2012. 3-4% will be enough. And I’d wager that at least that many of Obama voters are already regretting their decision last fall.

The electoral map will be a little more of a challenge, but let’s be honest here. Does Obama win states like Indiana, Ohio, North Carolina, and Virginia next time around? I doubt it.

Doughboy on June 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Are you telling me that MY PRESIDENT, THE ONE, is a lucking fiar?

Say it ain’t so, Allah! Say it ain’t so!

Pilgrimsarbour on June 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM

if only Obama would read and appreciate those precious advice from Lincoln…

mz.josephine on June 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Those words would be like a stake through a vampires heart were Obama ever to read them.

doriangrey on June 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM

This would be funny if he wasn’t so pathetic… Robbie, you sad, sorry little man. However, I kinda feel for him. I wouldn’t want a job description that included answering for the One’s errors, omissions and outright lies.

jonas131 on June 29, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Why shouldn’t they be laughing, they are in on the grand joke known as the Obama Presidency.

Of course campaign promises mean nothing coming from a pathalogical liar.

Hog Wild on June 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Gibbs is such a weaselly f-tard.

PersonalLiberty on June 29, 2009 at 9:41 PM

PersonalLiberty on June 29, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Well, in his defense, it’s impossible to defend Obama’s blatant lies…the best he can do is weasel. If the man has any self-respect, he must be a miserable creature…fortunately, as a Democrat, he has no self-respect.

AUINSC on June 29, 2009 at 9:43 PM

I received letters (contribution requests) from the NRC and the NRSC today. I sent them back with the statement “I with hold any further contributions untill I see senate Republicans stand together with a 100% vote against cap-n-tax and socialized healthcare.

farright on June 29, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Armed insurrection ?

Lanceman on June 29, 2009 at 9:51 PM

“Welcome to FUNEMPLOYMENT!!!!
txag92 on June 29, 2009 at 8:06 PM”

I got laid off in January. I’m eligible for social security in September. It is GREAT to have the summer off, before I retire!

Star20 on June 29, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Does Robert Gibbs remind anyone of the Iraqi Information Minister, Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf?

Gibbs/al-Sahaf Comparison

Crusty on June 29, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Armed insurrection ?

Lanceman on June 29, 2009 at 9:51 PM

It just may come to it.

farright on June 29, 2009 at 9:57 PM

The disaster for America that will be Obama grows larger with each passing day.

-Dave

Dave R. on June 29, 2009 at 10:04 PM

If accused of lying or misleading, Team Obama will use the Clinton playbook.

They’ll get hyper-literal. They’ll say that Obama wasn’t lying when he said “under my plan” and insist that this is a different plan.

Then they’ll pretend that this nonsense is something that any reasonable person would buy.

It will be the definition of “is” all over again.

Kensington on June 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Dave R. on June 29, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Mr Drywall? That you? hehe

Lanceman on June 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM

When Gibbs is lying and the press knows he’s lying and questioning him about the lies he turns a very bright and glowing shade of red.

Bicyea on June 29, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Process is just another word for nothing left to lose…

Shivas Irons on June 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Bicyea on June 29, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Reminds me of Edwards and his profuse blinking whenever he was responding to something. Was I the ONLY one who noticed that??

Lanceman on June 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM

In his own unique, one of a kind special way, Gibbs is really starting to get under my skin.

pilamaye on June 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

pilamaye on June 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Lockhart was infinitely easier to stomach than this yutz.

Lanceman on June 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM

ACORN. He isn’t even going to campaign in the Summer of ‘11 because he knows he will be “re-elected”.

portlandon on June 29, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I don’t think America will last that long. I doubt we make it to the 2010 elections. Even if we do I don’t think there will be any elections. The American people will have to be brave like the Honduran people if we want our country back.

izoneguy on June 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM

izoneguy on June 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM

10-4 on that one. Where my AK at?

Lanceman on June 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Doughboy on June 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

My hope is that Kalifornia finally gets the big one and slides off into the Pacific.
Or at least LA and San Fran.

izoneguy on June 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I’m wondering if it is a good sign or a bad sign that the press corps laughed. Is it because they are finally waking up to the outrageous lies and distortions of this administration, or is it because they are thrilled to see Gibbs stick with what they know is a lie?

Star20 on June 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Star20 on June 29, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Mmmmm, prob’ly that second thing.

Lanceman on June 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I think that people should be counting cap-and-trade as a new tax, so that there is even MORE backtracking to do.

And Buy American should also count because it raises the price of consumer goods.

winteryknight on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Key West Reader on June 29, 2009 at 8:37 PM

The trouble is that just might need a very large foot…

jerrytbg on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

The One’s looming broken promise,

He broke this promise when he raised the tobacco tax.

Obama:

“but let’s be clear about what we’re debating.
If you are a family making less than $250,000, my plan will not raise your taxes –
not your income taxes,
not your payroll taxes,
not your capital gains taxes,
not any of your taxes.

(not any Fed tax includes tobacco and gas and anything else the Fed taxes)

In fact chances are you will get a tax cut, and one that is larger than what Senator McCain is proposing. It’s time to grow our economy by renewing our stake in our common prosperity”

Might be a good idea to copy this tax promise down before it “suddenly” disappears from the web.

DSchoen on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Is it alright to call him Barack INSANE Obama?

TruthToBeTold on June 29, 2009 at 10:49 PM

He is not going to raise taxes. He will blame Pres Bus or even congress. If they go up, he will call them an investment or something other than tax. How about a symbol of patriotism? Investment in our children. Just don’t call taxes as what they are.

seven on June 29, 2009 at 10:49 PM

CCRWM on June 29, 2009 at 7:36 PM

No, because that just about matches the % of Americans who no longer pay taxes, and therefore are not affected but conversely have something to gain from his confiscatory and wealth redistribution policies.

Alden Pyle on June 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM

For those who don’t get my point:
Everything they are doing is a dog & pony show and has been for a very long time.

jerrytbg on June 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM