Quote of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on June 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

“‘He was tanned, rested and ready,’ said one former campaign aide of his old boss.

For the Romney team, it’s not too much of a stretch to say that the campaign never really ended.

In addition to the full-time employees the former Massachusetts governor has at his Boston-based Free & Strong America PAC, the early primary states and Washington are filled with former staffers and supporters who are in regular contact with one another.

Whenever Romney has a major TV appearance or pens an opinion piece, a PAC staffer, Will Ritter, circulates the news to an e-mail list of the former governor’s extended political family.

The Washington-based alumni have a regular monthly luncheon, are working on another reunion-like event around a 2009 candidate later this year and always make sure their former candidate is briefed on the latest political doings…

“I’m going be a Mitt guy until he tells me he’s not running for president,” said Jim Merrill, who ran Romney’s New Hampshire primary campaign and said he still gets excited e-mails from local activists every time the former governor is on TV.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Palin for me. Sorry mitt you are just too squishy

ousoonerfan15 on June 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Sarah!….oops wrong thread.

infidel on June 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

the more craziness dished out by the Democrats, the better Mitt is looking. Will that translate into popularity with independent voters?

Red State State of Mind on June 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Ok, Mitt, show us what you got. Don’t give me I did ‘x’ when. Do something now. Put a fresh ‘x’ on the scorecard.
Deeds, son, deeds is all that counts for 2012. No deeds, no vote.

Limerick on June 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

He’s tanned rested, and dead.

Nixon 2012!

JohnGalt23 on June 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

As long as O-man keeps it up, Mitt should find the 2012 campaign to be a walk in the park.

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Who ever it is next has two problems:

1. to ‘deprogram’ some of the 50% who voted for Obama.
2. give the conservatives who stayed home last time, a reason to vote for whomever it is.

oh, uh, well, there’s ACORN. . . now federally funded with Billions of walkin’ ’round money.

Skandia Recluse on June 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I’m a Palin fan. She’s the conservative we need in 2012.

jencab on June 29, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Why not Romney/Palin?

The stubborn far-right uber-pro-life Huck supporters will do everything they can to be sure the heathen Romney does not get the nod as the Republican candidate. We will eat our own young again, I guarantee it. :-(

cannonball on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

You want Michigan? Nominate Mitt.

Daft Punk on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Limerick on June 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

What do you want him to do? He doesn’t hold any public office at the moment.

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Mitt still comes across as the the smarmy, duplicitous corporate manager who lays people off. He pushes the wrong button.

ElectricPhase on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I don’t think so Mitt, I’m for Palin!

farright on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

The primary should be easy, considering Palin and Huckster should split the “I only care about social issues” crowd.

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Are we up to Mitt 5.0 yet, or are we still on 4.63?

FloatingRock on June 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I like Mitt,but what roll will he play,
in SarahCuda’s Army!(Snark).

canopfor on June 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

If Mitt is wise enough to come in hot with a message about tax cuts, jobs and getting government out of the way of business, he might have a shot.

Ogabe is going to destroy the economy, and just about everything else, so the message will be employment and industry for the GOP challenger.

Bishop on June 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I feel like Mitt was squandering his family fortune faster than he was earning his conservative credentials. If him and Huckabee end up the last two men standing I would go for Mitt.

fourdeucer on June 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

ElectricPhase on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Um, last time I checked…the federal gov’t has plenty of layin’ off to do.

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

There are a lot of legitimate reasons not to like Romney for 2012. Were he to get the nomination, though, I predict that the markets would shoot up that day. He would instill a significant confidence in business and investors. Hopefully Obama’s meddling in the economy won’t have delayed the end of the recession that long. . .

Dead Hand Control on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Sounds like a real grassroots kinda guy. LOL

I wouldn’t be surprised though if Romney’s the nominee in 2012. It might take a good thumping to clear the air of all this “we need to moderate” crap.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Are we up to Mitt 5.0 yet, or are we still on 4.63?

I lost count after he flip-flopped on illegal immigration and jumped on the amnesty bandwagon.

FloatingRock on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Call a club a club. Walk up to the mike and tell the left this isn’t a food fight. I don’t care. We need action. No public office? Neither did Nathan Hale or Patrick Henry. No public office? I don’t recall that the good men and women who said “Let’s Roll” were on the public dole. No public office……..too damn bad, work around it.

BTW….Palin gets the same standard. Deeds, lady, deeds only.

Limerick on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Oh,crap,that should be role,not roll!Ugharoo!

canopfor on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Boy, Palin is going to have earn this nomination if she does in fact run.

Boy if Palin grows as a politician!! We can see the republican primary version of Hillary vs Obama.

TimeTraveler on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Meh.

The guy who could not beat John McCain in Republican primaries. Sounds like a force to be nonplussed about.

Right_of_Attila on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

You know who this helps? Hugh Hewitt.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM

cannonball on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I can’t speak for the other far-right uber-prolifers, but (1) I liked Fred, not Huck, and (2) I’m not anti-Romney–I just prefer Palin.

Is Romney electable?

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Why not Romney/Palin?

cannonball on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Plenty of pro-life people supported Mitt, just ask KLO.

TimTebowSavesAmerica on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM

That crowd exists only in your mind.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Here’s my plan.
Whoever speaks up against the current administration, support them. Don’t waste a keystroke, or a comment, with this “my candidate of choice is better.”

We have lots of time for the cream to rise – we’ll have a good, well tested candidate if we quit playing “whack-a-mole” with whoever makes a counterpoint to the existing power structure.

massrighty on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

No Mormon is going to win the Presidency

Jeff from WI on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Palin’s PAC sends out appeal as reporting deadline looms

WASHINGTON — Gov. Sarah Palin’s political action committee sent out an e-mail today, soliciting contributions tomorrow. June 30 is deadline for reporting donations to the PAC from the first half of the year. (“Please give before June 30th. Your help is critical,” the e-mail from the PAC notes.)

Don’t let Mitt boy out raise her!!

TimeTraveler on June 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM

I like Mitt for 2012 and I’d give anything for a Romney/Palin or Palin/Romney ticket but I want to see some leadership now. Mitt, stand up and give us a clear alternative to the madness we see in Washington now.

PatMac on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I like Mitt,but what roll will he play,
in SarahCuda’s Army!(Snark).

canopfor on June 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

VP

farright on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

ElectricPhase on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Um, last time I checked…the federal gov’t has plenty of layin’ off to do.

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

malan89, I still don’t dig Romney, but I like the way you think!

ElectricPhase on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Is Romney electable?

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM

In Massachusetts.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

As much as I like the Cuda, she’ll never, ever carry the moderate crowd we desperately need to win. Romney could, given the right message and a crappy economy (which we certainly will have with gubmit’ healthcare and cap-n-trade)

Romney/Palin? maybe.

Romney/Jindal or Romney/Boehner would be better.

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Right_of_Attila on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Lost his momentum to an alliance between McCain and Huckabee in some of the caucuses. Also, not the prefered “front runner” (on the Republican side) of the MSM during the early going.

Won nearly all of the “closed primaries” he ran in.

Whether he was your pick or not, he ran a respectable campaign, and deserves respect for it.

massrighty on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

That crowd exists only in your mind.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

In the first presidential election in which I was qualified to vote, I determined what my party affiliation was and which primary candidate to vote for based only on the issue of abortion. You don’t think there aren’t others who do the same, or less?

Dead Hand Control on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Is Romney electable?

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Are you kidding? Is Romney electable? Of course he is! Romney is whatever floats your boat, and that goes for the rest of you, too!

If you don’t like Romney now, just wait a few weeks and give the new version a try.

FloatingRock on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:41 PM

That crowd exists only in your mind.
ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Dead Hand Control on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Probably, but not in huge numbers. Economic issues predominate with most people.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I really like Sarah. I don’t like Mitt so much, but he’s not that bad. I really dislike Huck.

I will gladly vote for any of them against Obama.

BPD on June 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I want to see if Palin can last through a long primary fight.

jgapinoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I would vote for a fiscal conservative if he performed abortions himself.

playblu on June 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM

BTW….Palin gets the same standard. Deeds, lady, deeds only.

Limerick on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Hale and Henry were both leaders in a violent revolution. Do you think this is justified today? The best thing to do is speak out about what is going on (which he’s clearly been doing as he’s been the official GOP media whore for the past few months) and draw attention to how conservative policies would work.

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM

No Mormon is going to win the Presidency

Jeff from WI on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Sure one could. Romney would be entirely electable, IMO, if not for array of evidence indicating that candidate Romney would bear little resemblance to president Romney.

FloatingRock on June 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Bishop on June 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Amen. Considering these candidates will start heavily campaigning in late 2010, the unemployed, down-trodden, overtaxed public should be primed for a new message and dare I say, hope.

sherry on June 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM

There’s a Bear in the woods.

- The Cat

MirCat on June 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I think a lot of people, like me, thought it was too recent that Mitt was a liberal in ’07 & ’08. In 2012, if he stays true, he’ll be OK in my book.

jgapinoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Right_of_Attila on June 29, 2009 at 10:43 PM

If Huck hadn’t pulled that crap in West Virginia, we’d have had a much better candidate than McShamnesty.

Although it would’ve never happened if Mitt had gotten the nomination, a Romney/Palin ticket would’ve been formidable last fall. Especially when the economy tanked and folks were looking for an adult with business acumen to lead.

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM

*sigh* How many times does it need to be said? They said the same damn thing about Reagan

Romney/Palin? maybe.

No. Romney’s a prima donna who won’t be upstaged.

Romney/Jindal or Romney/Boehner would be better.

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

For Obama.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Yes, the best way to win over the American people is to remind people of Richard Nixon.

Jim Treacher on June 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM

ABO!
anyone but obama

jgapinoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

No Mormon is going to win the Presidency

Jeff from WI on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

No Catholic is going to win the Presidency

No Black is going to win the Presidency

Red State State of Mind on June 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

He1l, simply repeat the mantra “I will get all of Ogabe’s disastrous policies repealed” and just about anyone will be a lock for the White House.

And I hope and pray that some ACORN or Black Panther scumbags try to monitor the doors at my polling place. Please let that happen.

Bishop on June 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

cannonball on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

God I hope not. With the Dem’s and MSM feasting on our flesh, it would be great is we didn’t do it to ourselves too.

Throw that hat in the ring Mitt, we’ll run some primaries, and let the voters decide. Not my first choice right now, but I’ll give a listen before a final decision.

Hog Wild on June 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

That crowd exists only in your mind.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Um, did you watch the primary elections? What do you call Huckabee supporters?

Yeah, I’m part of the crowd you think only cares about social issues, but most of us (that I know, anyway) are also hawkish, pro-Israel, small gov’t, fiscal conservatives. jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 10:49 PM

I’m referring to people who supported Huckabee in the primary. And anybody who did that was definitely NOT what you described above.

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

FloatingRock on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

You make him sound like Obama. LOL

ElectricPhase on June 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Dead Hand Control on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Yes, social issues are the priority for many people (though certainly not most). But most social cons also have strong opinions about other issues.

Given the choice between Palin and Jimmy Carter, both Christians and pro-life (supposedly), I’m guessing you’d have a strong opinion.

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Hucka-bigot is jumping at the chance to knee-cap Romney again.

PrezHussein on June 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I want to see if Palin can last through a long primary fight.

jgapinoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM

I do too, but if there’s a perception that Palin’s getting the short end of the stick, then Mitt’s going to have to win solely with that “moderate” vote. Good luck widdat.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:56 PM

PatMac on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Well, if you get a call from a pollster or are presented with the opportunity to join a focus group, you may have an opportunity to provide some input on precisely what alternative Mitt might put forward at some indeterminate point in the future…

…for a while…

…until the poll change…

FloatingRock on June 29, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Jim Treacher on June 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM
The American people had trouble remembering Carter (see “Presidential Election, 2008″). Do you think they’ve even heard of Nixon?

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Mitt Romneycare? Architect of the Massachusetts disaster?

no thanks. no whigs for me.

james23 on June 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM

That crowd exists only in your mind.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM
Um, did you watch the primary elections? What do you call Huckabee supporters?

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Not enough to make Huck anything remotely resembling the nominee, that’s what I’d call them.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM

SaraCuda all the way!! I am going to go on a limb and reading the tea leaves from up here in AK and say that she will not run for guv again, but the day after the new guv is ignaurated, she will annouce she is running for Preseident

ConservativePartyNow on June 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM

He’s tanned rested, and dead.

Nixon 2012!

JohnGalt23 on June 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Beat me to it!

Face it…Romney will be second fiddle on the ticket. People aren’t going to vote for “plastic politician hair” anymore.

Palin/Pawlenty……just a guess….

Fighton03 on June 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I personally am ecstatic to see Mitt, Palin and Rudy priming themselves for the near future. I like them all. They certainly all have their strengths and weaknesses. We’ll never have another Reagan. But if we can see our strongest potential candidates getting ready for the fight early on, and calling obama on his missteps every step of the way, that’s a good thing.

I love Mitt because I think he’s the only person that has a prayer of fixing the economy obama is causing. He gets a bad wrap for his sleekness, looks, and wealth, but has the capability of cleaning up the financial obama turmoil.

I love Sarah because she is the only person with the testicular fortitude to unapologetically and boldly be the Paul Revere of our time. She has been put through the ringer to such an extent that she has nothing to lose in calling obama’s weaknesses loud and clear. And people are listening. And they are very afraid of her strength and popularity.

I love Rudy because, though he has some liberal viewpoints, he would be a great leader against terrorism, which is a problem that is clearly getting stronger (not weaker) under our muslim president. Rudy is a tried and true leader in the face of devastation and hardship.

I have reason to stay positive.

ErinF on June 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Why doesn’t Mitt team up with Sarah and put together a Conservative Economic plan that shatters what Obama and pals are doing to the country…………?

……….. Including taking the gloves off, and naming names along with the liberal Marxist/socialist social engineering policies of the Democrats that got us in this mess in the first place.

What ever he does, I want total and complete nuclear war against the Democrats for pushing bills through in the middle of the night without any chance of reading them……….

…….. I want the exposure of all the graft, corruption, and money trail for the billions to ACORN and the Unions.

If it means civil war, then bring it on……….

…….. We are going to be up against the full force of the Federal Government bureaucracies, all the unions, the homosexuals, the main stream media, the print media, Hollywood propaganda machine, all the universities, goons, and money from all over the world.

…… I want someone who will bring a gun to a gun fight!

Seven Percent Solution on June 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM

For Obama.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Bullcrap.

Name a Republican with the fiscal creds that can top Romney. If Palin is on top of the ticket, we’ll never win. You think Hillary is divisive? There’s a segment of the moderate democrats that will never vote for Palin. Never.

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM

jim t: nixon won twice – the second time was HUGE.

nixon did more lasting good in 5 years than any potus ceopt reagan.

i like romney/boehner or cornyn or sessions.

reliapundit on June 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM

What I think is most striking about Romney is that, during the primaries, his supporters were defending him against accusations of flip-flopping by stating that he was the governor in a liberal state then and this is the real Romney.

Then after he lost the primary he went back to flip-flopping like a fish out of water.

FloatingRock on June 29, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Romney/Graham ?

Graham, who spent the 2008 election cycle as Sen. John McCain’s loyal sidekick, appeared alongside former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, the GOP frontrunner in advance of 2012, and managed to stand out.

William Amos on June 29, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I want to see if Palin can last through a long primary fight.

jgapinoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM

With Palin it’s all in the way her people handle the media crapstorm that seems to surround her and her family. McCain’s people grossly mishandled her and, I have to say, she takes a little bit of the blame for that. But, could she get people who could redefine Sarah Palin as Sarah Palin and not as the Tina Fey media caricature she’s known as today? Sure. That’s up to her.

malan89 on June 29, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Remember: Palin wasn’t running during the primaries. If they both run in 2012, she’ll knock the wind out of Huckabee’s sails with the social cons.

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM

If we –conservative activists– do not change the zeitgeist of modern American Culture, it does not make a bit of difference who runs on our side.

Ed Graef on June 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I like Romney, but is he tough enough to take it to Obama all day, every day in a national campaign? I don’t mean can he be nasty and aggressive. I mean can he relentlessly and methodically go after Obama’s record — the lies, the flip-flops, the broken promises, the foreign policy weakness, the spending, the corruption — every single day of the campaign? I want a candidate who will cede no ground at all, who will never, ever compliment Obama, who will articulate over and over again that the Obama presidency has been an utter disaster for this great nation and its prosperity. Can Mitt do that?

Rational Thought on June 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I’m done with liking a candidate. I want to respect a candidate. Mitt and Sarah, I like them both, but my vote can’t be bought with pretty words anymore. I’ve toed the line since Milhous and what gets plopped under my Christmas Tree? A city-state loan shark. Done. Done, and done. If all the system can give me for 2012 is pretty words then all I have for the system is ugly.

Limerick on June 29, 2009 at 11:02 PM

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Who are these ‘moderate democrats’ of which you speak? (:

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 11:02 PM

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM

What is Romney’s “fiscal cred”? What was his record as governor? There’s a segment of the moderate Democrats who will never vote for ANY Republican. Ever. And given a fuzzy choice between Romney and Obama, they’ll just stick to the devil they know. PERIOD.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Palin will get all branches of conservatism, social, fiscal, libertarian, you name it. No other potential candidate is going to do that.

doug1981 on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

this is something I’ve been wondering…why the GOP doesn’t get their collective arses together start putting out a unified message from ALL the headliners.

Fighton03 on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Can Mitt do that?

Rational Thought on June 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I think he can. He was relentlessly savaged in the press for taking McCain to task.

Until McCain got the nomination, then he was savaged too.

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Palin/Pawlenty……just a guess….
Fighton03 on June 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM

T-Paw is a global warming dork and that will be pure kryptonine by 2010, what with skyrocketing energy costs and zero positives for America. Anyone tied to that disaster is going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Bishop on June 29, 2009 at 11:05 PM

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Yes, and if they object to religious pro-lifers, Romney’s not going to be much better in their book than Palin.

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Palin/Pawlenty……just a guess….

Pawlenty? Seriously?

Yes, Pawlenty is a good man, but he has hardly been “out there” enough to even be recognizable.

For some reason, people like you have a very difficult time getting past your obsession with hair and complexion to realize how much of a fiscal genius Mitt Romney is. He has started multi-BILLION dollar businesses from scratch. I think he is the only person that will have the knowledge and capability to fix the economic mess obama plans to leave us, our kids, our grandkids, and YES, our great-grandkids.

But… you go for Pawlenty. That’s fine…

ErinF on June 29, 2009 at 11:05 PM

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Give her a bit of a motuhpiece and I suspect she’ll also get us fiscal cons. I like her energy knowledge and her track record of smacking down politicians on the make.

Fighton03 on June 29, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Bullcrap.

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Yup, the “moderate Democrats” went for a terrorist loving Commie with no experience and a certified imbecile in Biden.
So we know their picking is seriously flawed.

Jeff from WI on June 29, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Unless Palin undertakes a massive, effective PR campaign to counteract the damage the SRM has done, she is not electable.

txag92 on June 29, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Mitt is even stronger on abortion than Palin is.

doug1981 on June 29, 2009 at 11:06 PM

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Aside from “Romneycare”, which Mitt has confessed was a noble experiment but a terrible mistake, he did a tolerable job in Taxachutses given a extreme liberal statehouse there.

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Fighton03 on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Because the upper ecehlons of the GOP want absolutely nothing to do with Palin. Romney will be their darling, which is why I won’t be surprised to see him as the nominee in 2012. Then he will get his ass handed to him in the general election. Bank on it.

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Palin’s next fight menopause

PrezHussein on June 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM

BacaDog on June 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Yeah, so what would he be doing right now given the extreme liberal Congress we have?

ddrintn on June 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Mitt Romneycare? Architect of the Massachusetts disaster?

no thanks. no whigs for me.

james23 on June 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Supports the assault weapons ban and is generally weak on the 2nd amendment.

Pass.

FloatingRock on June 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM

McCain is hardly an expert debater, but I’d say he got the better of Romney in the primary debates, overall.

Granted, Fred and McCain teamed up on Romney, but even so, Romney came off too thin-skinned, like he was offended that they were playing hardball.

If he can’t hold his own with McCain . . .

jazz_piano on June 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Rational Thought on June 29, 2009 at 11:01 PM

I think he can do it. This is where the long drawn-out election cycles become bittersweet. It’s good that the right side can get their attack message out there repeatedly but will the public get disgusted with the media making it out to be a dogfight with every dirty detail and tune it all out?

sherry on June 29, 2009 at 11:09 PM