Obama to gays: I’m totally going to help you out, just not right now

posted at 9:01 pm on June 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

What does a president get from a gay audience when he’s publicly against gay marriage, unwilling to take bold action to repeal “don’t ask, don’t tell,” and so terrified of the political consequences of challenging the Defense of Marriage Act that he’ll actually defend it in court? Why, he gets “thunderous applause,” of course — if he’s a Democrat. I’ll be charitable and assume that this audience isn’t representative of all gays demanding equal rights, that they’re a handpicked bunch of chumps congregated to cheer The One on no matter how many promises he breaks. The alternative is too depressing to consider.

Money line: “We’ve been in office six months now. I suspect that by the time this administration is over, I think you guys will have pretty good feelings about the Obama administration.” Translation: Elect me to a second term so I can be the hardcore liberal I am without worrying about the electoral consequences. Exit question: How come a guy with huge majorities in both houses of Congress can’t get any of this stuff done now?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

muslims don’t like pole smokers….

SHARPTOOTH on June 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Somewhere, Priss Hilton is having another hissy fit.

itsnotaboutme on June 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM

The alternative is too depressing to consider.

And yet it’s reality…so you have to consider it and be very depressed.

This is the way Obama handles everything.

AUINSC on June 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Is there any question they don’t answer with some form of “we have made progress”?

I’ve made progress on becoming an astronaut, writing a novel, and nailing Rachel Weisz. It doesn’t mean I’ve got a chance in hell of any of those things actually coming close to completion or even 1%.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Not when they get a monthly reminder of your tax policies via a huge utility bill.

boomer on June 29, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Well Allah, DUH… they don’t have real control over both houses of congress. Only when they have a veto proof majority can they really DO anything. So maybe in 2010…

Skywise on June 29, 2009 at 9:05 PM

AUINSC on June 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Damn…answered the wrong point. The fact that most of his special interests support him unconditionally is another reason to be very depressed.

AUINSC on June 29, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I live this every day. Trust me. The alternative is reality.

SouthernGent on June 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Somewhere, Priss Hilton is having another hissy fit.

itsnotaboutme on June 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Which one, Barack or Michelle, will he call a “b____”?

jgapinoy on June 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Maybe the Democrats are just smarter than us. Say the right thing and do whatever the hell you want. Seems to work for them.

Dash on June 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM

By the way, I love the all-gay cruise advertisement on the right side bar!

SouthernGent on June 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM

“Translation: Elect me to a life second term so I can be the hardcore liberal I am without worrying about the electoral consequences.”

Fixed for ya’, big guy……..

Seven Percent Solution on June 29, 2009 at 9:07 PM

The Duke rape case the MSM won’t cover
By Michelle Malkin • June 29, 2009 11:38 AM

It’s truly monstrous and evil.

But you won’t see wall-to-wall coverage on MSNBC or in the New York Times.

The alleged rapist is a prominent gay health researcher at Duke University.

The victim is his own adopted, five-year-old son, whom he offered up on the Internet to other molesters.

Thomas Lifson and Mike Adams do the job the selective media won’t do.

Yep, you’re making things possible Mr. Obama…

Keemo on June 29, 2009 at 9:09 PM

From one sucker to another

bluegrass on June 29, 2009 at 9:11 PM

muslims don’t like pole smokers….

SHARPTOOTH on June 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM

That’s my theroy. So far nothing Obama has done or said has been inconsistent with being an extremist muslim marxist dictator wannabe.

wildcat84 on June 29, 2009 at 9:11 PM

BTW is some news that Obama overturned ban on HIV infected travellers from coming to US.

William Amos on June 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Didn’t you just explain that? He wants a second term.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

This Obama guy is a joke. Blacks where I live are livid that he’s such a failure. Would someone please find the birth certificate and get this idiot out of the White House? And, I’m not even one of the “birthers”, but it’s looking pretty good option to me at this point.

suzyk on June 29, 2009 at 9:13 PM

To pacify them for now, Obama should promise to send them all a “Greatist Hits of Queen CD” paid for out of his own pocket. That would hold for at least a month or until the next full moon.

Americannodash on June 29, 2009 at 9:14 PM

The alternative is too depressing to consider.

I’m sorry, but what are the alternatives? I have no clue. Just a hint? anything?

Skandia Recluse on June 29, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Didn’t you just explain that? He wants a second term.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Did Carter get a 2nd term?

Yep. Neither will Obama. Unless ACORN becomes powerful enough to defraud 30 states worth of votes.

wildcat84 on June 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM

wildcat84 on June 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Don’t you know the messiah can make the dead rise from the grave and vote for him?

boomer on June 29, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Obama hates America and so does his “big butt” wife. But, all of a sudden they love $100/lb Kobe beef, Camp David, Airforce One for dates, etc. But we should eat crap sandwiches, have candles instead of light bulbs and drive our lawn mowers around to sacrifice for the government. Pelosi, et al flies around on big planes, drive SUV’s and get free high priced healthcare, don’t pay social security tax, etc. I hate Obama and Congress and they need to go bye bye. Clean house and take the Country back to what the Founders wanted.

suzyk on June 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM

AP, thanks for giving us the one short sentence that tells us what 0 says in his 3 to 5 minute videos. Can’t tolerate listening to that voice.

Oleta on June 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM

wildcat84 on June 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Dont rule that out. They will change the name but the dems will stuff millions into groups like ACORN in the next elections.

2008 was a test run and it will only get worse.

William Amos on June 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM

“I am the President of the United States. My job is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States (fortunately, all of you are so worried about where you can put your penises that you don’t notice me destroying it). We have made progress.–Barack Obama

jimmy2shoes on June 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Warning: really sick shit…

Keemo on June 29, 2009 at 9:14 PM

You weren’t kidding……

The Associate Press (AP) did not mention the fact that the five-year old offered up for molestation was black. Bringing that fact to light might be damaging to the political coalition that exists between blacks and gays. Nor did the AP mention that the adopted child is being raised by a homosexual couple. Bringing that fact to light might harm the gay adoption movement.

Seven Percent Solution on June 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM

He`s right, when his administration is over I`ll have a good feeling.

ThePrez on June 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

suzyk on June 29, 2009 at 9:19 PM

thanx, could not have said it better…

SHARPTOOTH on June 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

These folks have a one track mind, don’t they?

jimmy2shoes on June 29, 2009 at 9:27 PM

His Highway is socialism/fascism. He doesn’t give a rump about some gay back street.

MB4 on June 29, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I’m getting dizzy,just watching Hopey,turning his
head non-stop,side to side!!

Its almost as bad,as Nancy Pelosi’s eye blinking!!

canopfor on June 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM

As a gay man i do not believe you can pray the gay away…

But i swear i would get down on my knees daily if it would get rid of this Moron and his teleprompter.

If its a choice between America and A Marriage Certificate in a Marxist Bannana republic where everyone is working for the government a burger joint or standing in the unemployment line and driving soda cans called hybrids and listening to pravda tell me that my eyes are a lying to me, i can live without that crappy piece of paper.

BillaryMcBush on June 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Thousand of future gay marriages and slots in the military created or saved!!!

MB4 on June 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM

They are cheering him because they know he’s a liar, and probably gay to boot.

Liberals LOVE that they have a President that lies so shamelessly about his true positions, to convince people he isn’t a radical extremist.

And besides, particularly for gays, they lie to themselves all the time, so why shouldn’t the Moron stick his thumb in America’s eye by lieing 48×7.

notagool on June 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM

The words “Trust Me” have never more ominous than when Ogabe utters them.

Believe it, gays, if Ogabe has to throw you under the bus to solve a popularity issue for himself, he will.

Bishop on June 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM

i can live without that crappy piece of paper.

BillaryMcBush on June 29, 2009 at 9:30 PM

What is it that you think you have done to be condemned to matrimony?

PercyB on June 29, 2009 at 9:35 PM

I read somewhere the other day that the Obama administration is bragging that it has appointed 60 (SIXTY) gays and lesbians to positions in government. No wonder Barney Frank wants to stay in office.

bradley11 on June 29, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Boy,with all the groups that Team Obama has thrown,under da
bus,at least the bus companies are doing well in this current climate of the economy!!ahem.

canopfor on June 29, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Because he doesn’t want to. If it were any kind of priority, he would have put it into the “flood the zone” offense he’s running now; it would be in the mix with Obamacare, Cap & Grab, the takeovers, stimulus, and all the other simultaneous power grabs.

There’s no gain in leverage for him; if he can keep the gay activists pacified with vague, empty promises of future performance, he need not deliver for them.

On gay issues, it’s “all hope – no change.”

massrighty on June 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM

He`s right, when his administration is over I`ll have a good feeling.

ThePrez on June 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Got me again. Thanks for the laugh. Needed it.

betsyz on June 29, 2009 at 9:39 PM

By the way, I love the all-gay cruise advertisement on the right side bar!

SouthernGent on June 29, 2009 at 9:06 PM

You mean to tell me you aren’t running an ad blocker?
(I don’t see any ads on Hot Air)

Count to 10 on June 29, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I think with a scant few rational exceptions on the moderate left, only gay conservatives realize that he’s just another bullsh!tter just stringing them along for their votes, as democrats are wont to do. The rest have battered wife syndrome- they just know this time it will be different.

Gay Patriot is a great blog. They talk about this often.

Monica on June 29, 2009 at 9:42 PM

Ummm…..Duh!
emphasis mine.

milwife88 on June 29, 2009 at 9:44 PM

What does the federal government have to do with sexuality?

foucaultsvac on June 29, 2009 at 9:45 PM

UGH I HATE OBAMA ON GAY RIGHTS!!!! I tried telling my family (O-Bots all, while I was a Hillarian then a McCain/Palin-er), but I was always looked at with an eye of “LOL you’re crazy.”

At Chicago Pride (yesterday!) I gave a big WOOO! and thumbs up (plus disco dancing in the streets PridePropz) to the Log Cabins’ float. They had some great signs. Brave people up there, man. I was gonna do it, but decided I’m lazy as hell and just watched instead.

There’s unrest even in the gay circles. While seeing Pride this year, all I realized is that the parades consist of a lot of gay/liberal vote pandering (note that at Pride last year there were tons of O-Bots, and Obama was in Chi, but did not march!). Mu biggest LOL was when Gov. Quinn was going by and some dudes across the street started chanting “TAX US MOAR! TAX US MOAR! TAX US MOOOOAR!” to which the Guv gave a casual and dismissive wave. It was poetry in motion.

The “gay vote” as a bloc are complete morons if they keep on keepin’ themselves in the Castro as good (D) servants.

lansing quaker on June 29, 2009 at 9:45 PM

July 4 Atlanta Tea Party Cancelled

With as many as 20,000 people in attendance, the Atlanta Tea Party on April 15 was one of the largest and most successful Tea Parties in the country. The Atlanta Tea Party on July 4, 2009 had been expected to be just as large. Unfortunately, plans have changed. Simon Property Group has forced the cancellation of the Atlanta Tea Party.

The Atlanta Tea Party was forced to cancel its Independence Day celebration in Gwinnett, after losing its location due to the objection of Gwinnett Place Mall (a Simon company.) The Tea Party had been scheduled to take place in the parking lot of the old Macy’s building at Gwinnett Place since March.

With just a few days left until the Fourth of July Tea Parties begin, this is very unfortunate timing! One wonders why Simon Property Group waited until now to interfere.

Following the money, connecting the dots:

1. Gwinnett Place Mall shut down the Atlanta Tea Party.
2. Simon Property Group owns Gwinnett Place Mall.
3. Melvin Simon (a Forbes 400 billionaire) is Co-chairman of Simon Property Group, Inc.
4. Melvin Simon has provided large political contributions to Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Al Franken, John Edwards, the DNC and many other Democrats and Democrat organizations.
5. Melvin Simon was a major contributor to Barack Obama inaugural committee and has given at least $1 million to the William J. Clinton foundation.
6. Melvin’s wife, Bren, personally donated almost $100,000 to various political candidates, was a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton’s presidential bid, and contributed to President Obama’s inaugural committee.

KentAllard on June 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM

One of those Obama “Move to the back of the Bus” moments?

About a year ago, if I recall, GayPatriot blog had a column or two highlighting the good Reverend Wright’s original take on gays. Obama may have heard at least one of these sermons over the course of his years and years in that church.

Face it, gays have no friends in the Black Community, when you get down to it. One look at a Def Jam event and you get the ‘tude in your face that gays are not people. Gays certainly are not the subject of great empathy in most Black churches, either.

Obama sees gays as an expedient not as being worthy of actual support…otherwise, along with that famous “close Gitmo now!” executive order on his first day in Office, he would have signed a repeal of DADT…but, face it, it just ain’t important to the Obama agenda.

coldwarrior on June 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Hussein wont give them nothing but a bone.

christene on June 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Was Michelle with him during this outing? They said she was wanting to be more involved, and to surpass HRC.

What is so sad about all this is it will be the gays the fascist go after to not put in re-education camps, but much, much worse. Once again, a time where people should read their history books to recall what dictators do, and how they govern.

freeus on June 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM

GAYS TO THE FRONT OF THE OBAMA BUS. PREPARE TO JUMP INFRONT OF IT.

portlandon on June 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Barack Obama — tease.

Terry_Dyne on June 29, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Obama no-longer requires the support of gays, which is why they are about to join the myriad of others under the now infamous Obama bus.

Besides, Muslims usually stone, hang, or otherwise dispatch with gays.

-Dave

Dave R. on June 29, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Sigh. I accompanied TLG (The liberal girlfriend) to her MCC church yesterday and spent most of the time horrified by the sermon…which had very little to do with spirituality and felt more like a hard core leftist pep rally.
The minister used MLJ Jrs. “I have seen the glory”… and waxed on and on about how wonderful it is we have a president who speaks the language of the world and not just the US (to loud cheers) and that the healing of the planet has begun with the passage of the Cap and Trade bill in Congress (and she specifically thanked Nancy Pelosi), that a kick ass, no nonsense latina has been nominated to the Supreme Court (again to loud cheers)…

When I told my girlfriend I felt like I was at a liberal rally she got angry at me, telling me I missed the point of the sermon (there was a point? Seriously? Other than YAY liberalism, keep fighting for liberalism and then the world will be wunnerful!) and today accused me of being angry and bitter and self loathing because I was gay.

Um…because I have a knowledge of history, think liberalism and this administration is a disaster, because I have a deep love and respect and abiding gratitude to the founding fathers, and don’t parade around the d-yke march doesn’t mean I hate myself, thanks.

__

In short, yeah…there is precious little Obama can do to disenchant his adoring masses. He could call for gays to be rounded up and they’d show up in full force, cheering his name.

Sarjex on June 29, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Barry basically told the Gays that he’ll gladly pay them Tuesday for all their support today.

kingsjester on June 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I think that as a concession, he should make Barney Frank available for one night, for every gay in America. It’s just a thought..

Star20 on June 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Barry also had a strong associate with his one time spiritual adviser and Rev James Meeks. A stalwart anti gay activist.

bazil9 on June 29, 2009 at 10:06 PM

kingsjester on June 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Wimpy! pun intended :)

bazil9 on June 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM

I hear that gay men often encounter these failures of reciprocation.

Kralizec on June 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Seven Percent Solution on June 29, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Sick bastards!!! Why is identity politics more important than the screwed up life of a child???

FontanaConservative on June 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Remind me again, what do Muslims think about homosexuality?

Daggett on June 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Remind me again, what do Muslims think about homosexuality?

Daggett on June 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Oh, you made your point so indirectly.

Kralizec on June 29, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Daggett on June 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

According to dinner jacket..not a problem, they don’t have any.

bazil9 on June 29, 2009 at 10:12 PM

sjramos on June 29, 2009 at 9:52 PM

But, as you drive through Iran, in just about every village and town, there are unexplained stone or brick walls that seem to have been knocked over…

coldwarrior on June 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I’ll be charitable and assume that this audience isn’t representative of all gays demanding equal rightsspecial privileges,

FIFY

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

He’ll throw them under the bus just like he has thrown everyone else.

pilamaye on June 29, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Why can’t he get this stuff done? Because he does not really want to.

Terrye on June 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM

If they were serious about same sex marraige they’d be pushing for Cheney in 2012. Plus, the “I Like Dick” buttons.

exception on June 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Obama is all things to all people. A few years ago, I saw him speak and thought that he was pretty decent. Second time, I got the picture; he’s a fraud and a phony, and I could not stomach him ever since. My detest for the man spirals downward, sometimes several times, daily.

I think what gripes me the most is the people from both sides who pile-on descriptions of him as possessing high
intellectual prowess, advanced, educated wisdom, charisma,
etc. Even before critizing the beast, they feel obligated
to do this caveat thing in advance, extolling his virtues, none of which, I’ve ever seen.

betsyz on June 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Don’t think that obama won’t promote the gay agenda. He will, if he can get away with it. He is just figuring out how he can do it without sacrificing his presidency. If that clown gets elected to a second term, what out people, it will be radical obama squared.

keep the change on June 29, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Sarjex on June 29, 2009 at 10:03 PM

And you stay with TLG why?

chemman on June 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Cuz he’s a suck-ass LOSER!!!

Big John on June 29, 2009 at 10:36 PM

betsyz on June 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I with you betsyz. I’ve seen nothing to indicate he is any more than a low average IQ.

chemman on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

He’s nationalizing the automotive industry, giving a few trillion dollars to his friends, sending the groundwork for hyperinflation, trying to destroy the health care industry, ending the special relationship we have with Britain, AND destabilizing an allied Latin American country – all well having a full social calendar.

Give the man some time – he can’t destroy everything at once!

18-1 on June 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Isn’t it obvious? American Gays are not Marxist enough.

shaken on June 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Looked like BO was in the mood with eyeliner himself.

He cant even talk to his gay loving friends without the teleprompter.

WoosterOh on June 29, 2009 at 11:02 PM

chemman on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I believe you’re right. More shocking and distressing was/is the realization that more than half the country
shares his low/average I.Q., and most likely, much lower.

Reading other posts, I certainly am not original in feeling like I’m living in alternate universe.

Day, after day, after day, he says things, does things, and
I say to myself; this has got to be it!!! He will quit, he
will be impeached. But nooooooooooooo! He’s still on the boob tube, ever smiling, ever spewing nonsense, ever rewriting history in a whim, ever scolding, ever bouncing back and forth between prompters, ever making promises that he can literally reverse himself in almost mid-paragraph (I’ll give him that talent).

A press conference goes like this:

reporter: How do you respond to the Iranian protests?

president: I have always said that people deserve a legitimate, lawful government, and these protesters prove
the point that I was trying to make.

reporter: What is your very favorite flavor sprinkle on your pop-corn??? Laughter all around.

betsyz on June 29, 2009 at 11:10 PM

2008 was a test run and it will only get worse.

William Amos on June 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM

If this happens, the Revolution comes.

wildcat84 on June 29, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Obama on Gays. He’s just not that into you.

RobCon on June 29, 2009 at 11:21 PM

congratulations AP, you have officially made this site a ‘gay rights’ site. The ad on the side is for a ‘all gay cruise’.

The ads that run on a site reflect the readers. AP, are you gay? Seriously.

I mean what ‘equal rights’ are denied to gay people? There is no inequality among the gay people. You want to define an entire class of people by who they have sex with. That is patently absurd.

First I couldn’t believe that you wrote that there is some inequality among gays in America. . . then I was sickened by the gay ads. Congratulations, Hot Air is officially a gay site.

You should be proud of yourself. Throw yourself a parade. Celebrate the fantasy that your rights are denied based on who you sleep with.

ThackerAgency on June 29, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Maybe you and Perez Hilton can get together as the internet’s most famous gay bloggers.

ThackerAgency on June 29, 2009 at 11:28 PM

KentAllard on June 29, 2009 at 9:49 PM

According to Boortz they are going to combine with another party already scheduled. I think this will just make it larger.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2009 at 11:40 PM

“…and not even have the common courtesy to give the gay community a reach-around.”

-Gunny Hartman on Obama (edited version)

James on June 29, 2009 at 11:51 PM

What I love about the Democrat coalition is that it’s so fragile. Blacks generally don’t care for gays. Neither do Muslims. Things like that. They are always only concerned for their own group that they can step on each other’s toes.

Obama can’t please them all, the tools will vote for him anyway but the real thinkers know that he and other Dems are just using them.

thebrokenrattle on June 29, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Quiz time:

Who is the most expensive, idiot galore to inhabit this planet???

betsyz on June 30, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I remember reading an article in which a gay person interviewed said that he did not believe Obama’s public stance on gay marriage. So confident are they in his leftism they assume he is lying for purely political purposes and they do not care. I think that is the reality.

Theworldisnotenough on June 30, 2009 at 12:01 AM

ThackerAgency on June 29, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Sweet Jesus. Don’t make me go all JetBoy on you.

There IS inequity regarding gays in this country. It’s not social/civil in most arenas — it’s strictly economic. Co-habitating couples should have the same access to benefits of joint tax returns, property ownership, et cetera, as others because it is good for the nation economically.

Most gays (I know; not the starving artist types plaguing the hetero-hipster sect) are fiscal conservatives because the government SCREWS THEM OUT OF MONEY (pay for public schools, but you get no children to raise! Joint health benefits? LOL! OK WHATEVER HAVE YOUR “PARTNER” GET A REAL JOB! Hahhahahahaha joint tax returns and deductions? Go make me a mai thai!). Gays are screwed when it comes to supporting our great country, and it’s time the country acknowledges couples that want to not only fight for it, but INVEST in it. And gays do, by buying property, paying taxes, and the gamut. Not all (and you won’t find any “all” in any socio-economic classification), but they’re doing it.

So yes, there are “rights” to be had. The right to investing in this country we love and the country we call home. To be able to KEEP our money to re-invest in our local communities. To NOT HAVE TO PAY CRAZY TAXES when we’re told it’s “all good.”

You a fan of School Vouchers? Then how in Hell do you justify gays paying into the school system (as is present) for kids most gays will never adopt or raise? Do you even think on that level? That maybe gays are just as pissed at the public school glut as other Conservative Americans and don’t want their paychecks docked to support a failed system?

Gays — working professional (and especially COUPLED) gays — are ripe for the conservative movement. Work on strengthening America. If you’re scared as shit about the climb to socialism and nanny-statism as many claim to be, then gays shouldn’t even be on the radar.

(Professional) Gays are allies to be cultivated. What matters more? The bills at your kitchen table and your ability to meet them, or “homos” making out and trying to build families all their own?

There’s a commonality here. Build the damn bridge. AMERICA is Number 1… and not this social warring BS. That’s the rub, so rub one out — in the spirit of Gay Pride Month — and just realize PEOPLE have more in common than these petty sociological tete-a-tetes would have you believe.

lansing quaker on June 30, 2009 at 12:23 AM

I will never support anything that goes against the traditional American family as it is the only thing that has kept America strong.

Connie on June 30, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Closet gay. Closet Muslim. Closet commie.

alliebobbitt on June 30, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Here it is:

“Obama. Gay marriage?”

“Robert, don’t be so naive. We all know Obama’s lying through his teeth.”

“About gay marriage?”

“That and being,” he claws quote marks in the air, “a good Christian. Listen, Obama’s a Christian like I’m a Hasid.”

I am floored.

“You’re saying that Democrats assume Obama is lying for political expediency?”

“To get elected, sure. Hey, welcome to the real world.”

Theworldisnotenough on June 30, 2009 at 12:55 AM

They are cheering him because they know he’s a liar, and probably gay to boot.

notagool on June 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM

+ 100

While so few women are offering children up for adoption, why should gays compete for the most desirable children — face it, they want the healthiest babies… ? Why should they get the same tax breaks as heterosexual couples when they don’t contribute to perpetuating the species or share the same economic struggles as traditional family units? Most of the issues with benefits and legal rights can be addressed through contract law. Gays are more than welcome to enter into civil unions in states that recognize them and forge legally binding contracts. As for where their tax money goes…

… we all pay taxes on services we don’t personally use. In the end, most gays vote for more government, because they want something for their group personally. They see themselves as a separate group.

I think the only reason the GOP saw an upswing in gay votes in the last election is because McCain was more private about his faith than Bush and Bush Sr. Also, the identity politics Rochambeau of black beats white, gay beats white, black beats gay had to smart in a fixed Democrat primary.

There are no compelling reasons for the GOP to abandon its support for the traditional family. Moving the government in a more libertarian direction might create that opening, but I think that’s the right approach, a cultural swing, not hyping a “civil rights movement.”

alliebobbitt on June 30, 2009 at 1:01 AM

“To get elected, sure. Hey, welcome to the real world.”

Theworldisnotenough on June 30, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Welcome to the liberal world. Quite some culture war they’ve won. Quite some legacy.

alliebobbitt on June 30, 2009 at 1:03 AM

lansing quaker on June 30, 2009 at 12:23 AM

What commonality? Build what bridge? The only thing I have in common with you is that we are the same species. BNut your values aren’t mine and your method of satisfying your sex urges certainly isn’t mine.

Shut up and go form your own community with your own fellow travelers and get out of my community.

Then you can be equal. And separate.

platypus on June 30, 2009 at 2:11 AM

muslims don’t like pole smokers….

SHARPTOOTH on June 29, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Somewhere there is a nail. You hit it square on the head.

JCred on June 30, 2009 at 3:49 AM