Jacko’s dad on son’s death: Hey, be sure to check out my new record label

posted at 6:15 pm on June 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, an unnerving reminder that not all of Michael’s weirdness was a mystery. Tales of Joe Jackson’s brutality towards his kids are legendary, but it’s one thing to read about it and another to see the callousness in action. Granted, we all grieve differently, but most parents are capable of saying a few kind words about a dead child without needing a spokesman to step in and read a prepared statement. Stick with it until around 3:20 to see Papa Jax use his moment of bereavement to promote his new record label, notwithstanding the fact that he’s (a) 80 years old, (b) must already be worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and (c) received an order from an L.A. probate court today granting him and his wife guardianship over Michael’s kids (and their bequests, natch). Who better than an elderly, greedy, alleged child abuser to be given custody?

This was shot last night. Here’s a photo of him from today’s presser. No comment.

Update: I erred in the headline to this post. This wasn’t at a memorial tribute, just the BET Awards. Even so, Joe Jackson was there to see Michael honored and the topic of the hour was MJ’s death. Doesn’t affect the callousness.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

please….I’ve posted more sources than anyone else on this thread…keep lying about me…it helps you feel better about yourself.

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Yes, you post “sources”.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I already did.

but of course they’re ‘biased’ ‘right wing’ ‘anti-gay’

in other words, they say things people like you disagree with…

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM

and of course your evidence of the ‘bias’ is they say something you don’t like!! as I said, typical fascist…

You say the exact thing, but generally you say that of actual, accredited sources.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:14 PM

I already did.

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:13 PM

I agreed. You post “sources,” the kind wikipedia would be ashamed to cite.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:14 PM

yadyadaydyadydadyadyyad

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Joe Jackson reminds me of a punch-drunk thug who looks like he went one round too many with the bottle instead of his fists.

It is pretty much a known fact that he brutalized his kids into stardom and even today seems to feel he still has some sort of fear factor over his family, while he lives a lavish lifestyle over their hard work and craft.

As far as music goes, this guy couldn’t hum his way through a single bar of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star without massacring it in the process. So much for his vast musical genius.

pilamaye on June 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I agreed. You post “sources,” the kind wikipedia would be ashamed to cite.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

like your opinion matters??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:16 PM

like your opinion matters??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:16 PM

No, yours has far more clout here. Don’t listen to those who say otherwise.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

probably because anyone who dares disagree is a ‘homophobe’ and driven out of the field….more liberal ‘tolerance’…

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:08 PM

lol I work for a CHURCH who totally disagrees with everything you’re saying. Probably because they don’t have an agenda like you do(and a few religious orgs) and just want children helped and require their workers to be educated by Universities(where all that book learnin’ comes into play and I got my BA in Psychology.)…not wacko’s who are obsessed with homosexuals.

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Then explain how gay men often marry, and “diddle” with their female wives private parts, aren’t straight because of it?

JetBoy on June 29, 2009 at 8:53 PM

So then are you saying that the former NJ governor, who obviously diddled with his wife’s private parts, enventially CHOSE to be gay?

Painted yourself into a corner with that response, didn’t you.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

yadyadaydyadydadyadyyad

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Wow…How can I attain this level of perspicacity? Short of a lobotomy, that is…

Anyhoo, always a pleasure Est…whether we’re in agreement or not, I’m in good company when you’re around.

And thanks too, Bee…Experience in the field is always a welcome point of input.

‘nite all…morning comes early, and I have to cruise the elementary schools. Oh, wait…it’s Summer…darnit…

:D

JetBoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Painted yourself into a corner with that response, didn’t you.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Uh, no…I don’t believe I said that at all.

JetBoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:22 PM

“I know you are, but what am I?” “No you’re not!” “Yes I am!”

Take your personal bickering some place else. The comments here at Hot Air used to be worth reading. Now it’s become hijacked for people’s personal forums for arguing.

Big John on June 29, 2009 at 10:22 PM

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM

let me guess, the episcopals!!! so go ahead and post your bible verses approving of homosexuality…

and what is my ‘agenda’?? and why do I have an ‘agenda’ and you do not?

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM

How far back into the thread does one have to go to actually find comments about that jack-ass Joe Jackson?

Big John on June 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM

No, yours has far more clout here. Don’t listen to those who say otherwise.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:17 PM

unlike you, I can back up what I say. all you and your wacko ‘friends’ can do is discredit the sources…too funny!!

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM

JetBoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

I’m sure you’ll go to mass and think what a ‘good’ catholic you are!!

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:19 PM

oh and since you’re such an expert, and ‘care’ so much…why don’t you comment about this case I posted on the previous page…the link is on the previous page..

Liam Lucas was just one of the children abused by predatory paedophiles who took advantage of far-Left Islington Council’s childcare policies in the Eighties and Nineties, when it pro-actively recruited gay social workers.

Paedophiles exploited its well-intentioned commitment to equal opportunities and soon most of Islington’s 12 children’s homes had child molesters on the staff who cynically pretended to be ordinary homosexuals. Numerous children and other staff made allegations of abuse, but were branded homophobes and ignored.

Liam – now 29, in a permanent relationship and the proud father of year-old Isabella – was even falsely classified as gay by Islington social services, which decided he should be fostered only by single men.

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:28 PM

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I help repair broken children…you’re the first and probably the last to refer to me as a wacko. You have some serious issues and I’ll ignore you totally from now on when I come to Hot Air. Luckily, there aren’t many like you here so….

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:31 PM

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:31 PM

yes you are just too wonderful!! do you place children with homosexual couples??

why can’t you answer the question about why I have an ‘agenda’ and you do not?

and why don’t you go ahead and comment on the case I just posted??

and why do I have ‘issues’ and you do not?

don’t worry, I know you cannot answer…

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

JetBoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:20 PM

It’s mutual. Of course I prefer it when we agree.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Joe Jackson …… chrip chrip

Wade on June 29, 2009 at 10:34 PM

oh and from that WND article..that you have to dismiss because its ‘right wing’…

The Journal of Homosexuality recently published a special double-issue entitled, “Male Intergenerational Intimacy,” containing many articles portraying sex between men and minor boys as loving relationships. One article said parents should look upon the pedophile who loves their son “not as a rival or competitor, not as a theft of their property, but as a partner in the boy’s upbringing, someone to be welcomed into their home.”

In 1995 the homosexual magazine “Guide” said, “We can be proud that the gay movement has been home to the few voices who have had the courage to say out loud that children are naturally sexual” and “deserve the right to sexual expression with whoever they choose. …” The article went on to say: “Instead of fearing being labeled pedophiles, we must proudly proclaim that sex is good, including children’s sexuality … we must do it for the children’s sake.”

Larry Kramer, the founder of ACT-UP, a noted homosexual activist group, wrote in his book, “Report from the Holocaust: The Making of an AIDS Activist”: “In those instances where children do have sex with their homosexual elders, be they teachers or anyone else, I submit that often, very often, the child desires the activity, and perhaps even solicits it.”

In a study of advertisements in the influential homosexual newspaper, The Advocate, Reisman found ads for a “Penetrable Boy Doll … available in three provocative positions. She also found that the number of erotic boy images in each issue of The Advocate averaged 14.

Homosexual newspapers and travel publications advertise prominently for countries where boy prostitution is heavy, such as Burma, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand.

but they have an ‘agenda’ while your motives are pure, holy, and just…

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

The thing that struck me most was that it wasn’t about mourning the loss of a son, it was about mourning the loss of a superstar. Followed by the prepared statement and the shameless plug. I’m speechless. What a creep.

OneGyT on June 29, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Big John on June 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM

What else is there to say about him after you’ve called him a jackass? Look, threads here evolve just like conversations do.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I don’t know if this is hype or what, but The Sun reports that fans of MJ are committing suicide due to his death. Oh, for God’s sakes, have mercy on these delusioned souls.

betsyz on June 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

you would know that the majority are male, white and consider themselves straight.

There are white boys that consider themselves black. Doesn’t make it true.

Notice how if a man who molests little girls is called “straight”, no straights (or gays for that matter) make a fuss. Call a man who molests little boys is called gay and the gay community and their liberal straight friends will crucify you are the 11 o’clock news.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

lol Love that unbiased link. I work for an Episcopal church that runs my facility and even they laugh at (made up)stats used by religious groups for their agenda. ;)

Considering that the Episcopal church is basically the catholic version of universalism/unitarianism nowadays…

I have to agree, though, that due to the source his stats hold no water.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Big John on June 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Thanks for trying, Big John, but I’m afraid your efforts are likely futile. Seems a lot of posters here think everyone wants to read every word of their pissing match.

UltimateBob on June 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Being married or in a relationship with a woman and sexually attracted to little boys. Most, don’t have sex with adult men. The attraction is the age of their victims.

Blake on June 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM

So I guess young men who are mainly attracted to 80-year-old women are not really straight.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM

but they have an ‘agenda’ while your motives are pure, holy, and just…

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:35 PM

World Nut Daily? ummm We never used them as a source of information at USC.

I live and work in VERY, VERY conservative SC, btw. There is no agenda…just educated professionalism.

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I have to agree, though, that due to the source his stats hold no water.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM

so you don’t believe WND? or is it the baptists? just curious would you believe psychology today?

do you really think anything the gays disagree with will be posted in the drive-by media?

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

The attraction is the age of their victims.

Blake on June 29, 2009 at 9:34 PM

If that was the case they would molests boys and girls.

Sorry, you lose.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

World Nut Daily? ummm We never used them as a source of information at USC.

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

oh so of course you have no agenda!! right.

you’re totally unbiased *smirk*

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

OneGyT on June 29, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Yeah, his comments seem to be more about his “creation” than about his son. Capped off by a plug for his new racord label.

A true egomainac.

UltimateBob on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

and every university has an agenda…please I’ve worked at several and have an MS…the political correctness is so thick you can cut it with a knife…and part of that is the pro-gay agenda…

please…

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM

oh so of course you have no agenda!! right.

you’re totally unbiased *smirk*

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

You’re actually surprised intelligent conservatives refer to that site as such? Oh come on. lol I never buy the tabloids with the aliens on the cover at the supermarket either.

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:51 PM

oh yes, most ‘conservatives’ support the gay agenda!! of course, how silly of me!

conservatives are all for gay marriage, and hate crimes!! sure….

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM

let me guess, do you read the NY times..and watch MSNBC??

do you think time and newsweek are ‘fair and balanced’???

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Uh, no…I don’t believe I said that at all.

JetBoy on June 29, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Yep. I reread your post. With a second look, it looks like you admit that gay men do marry for a cover.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I was just referring to your first link. I say this as a protestant who believes that if you are a man and you molest boys, you are gay. Just as if you are a man who molests girls, then you are straight. Both make you a pedefile.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:58 PM

conservatives are all for gay marriage, and hate crimes!! sure….

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Are you drunk or just rabid? I have never even hinted of supporting gay marriage. I simply pointed out that so many people have no clue about pedophiles.

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM

But it looks like DethMetalCookieMonst is with ya, right4life with knowing about them pedefiles. ;)

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 11:02 PM

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Can you even respond to my posts in a mature manner?

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

If that was the case they would molests boys and girls.

Sorry, you lose.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

That actually doesn’t make any sense. There is a huge difference between an adult male and a young boy, but there’s a bigger difference between a boy and a girl.

Like rape, when an adult has sex with a child, it’s on a completely different field than when two people consent to sex.

Esthier on June 29, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Macauly Caulkin not available for comment?

Hog Wild on June 29, 2009 at 11:07 PM

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 10:59 PM

you ‘sir’ are a liberal troll..posing as a conservative…you cannot answer any questions..or hold an intelligent conversation…you just go on about how ‘intelligent’ you are…and how much you ‘care’. typical liberal wacko.

you couldn’t answer whether you give children to homosexuals to adoption…and if you do, you do not care for children…you have an AGENDA.

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Can you even respond to my posts in a mature manner?

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Unless you have experience or an education in psychology, social work or counseling…what is to respond to? You have a right to your opinion but all the discussing in the world isn’t going to change your view.

Have a good night guys.

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 11:09 PM

you ’sir’ are a liberal troll..posing as a conservative…you cannot answer any questions..or hold an intelligent conversation…you just go on about how ‘intelligent’ you are…and how much you ‘care’. typical liberal wacko.

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Ah, so all conservatives have extreme views…okay.

We do not even deal with adoptions at where I work. We spend a year to 18 months giving them counseling and a stable home life and then they either go back to their family or the State places them in a foster home. And you have to be silly even thinking the State Of SC is all liberal with a homosexual agenda. lol Good Lord.

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Ah, so all conservatives have extreme views…okay.

ah so disagreeing with you is ‘extreme’…okay.

oh I know, unless I took the easiest courses in college, I just wouldn’t ‘understand’ ok.

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 11:15 PM

ah so disagreeing with you is ‘extreme’…okay.

right4life on June 29, 2009 at 11:15 PM

All I’m telling you is that even the very conservative State of SC is not on your page. Our facility is funded by the Episcopal church but they do not run it…about 100 employees from every walk of life and every faith runs it. I am Methodist, my supervisor is Presbyterian and my assistant is AME Zion. I’m sure we also have Baptists, atheists and Agnostics too.

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Two comments:

1) He’s dead. Anyone with eyes had to see that coming.

and now, after seeing that video,

2) No wonder.

commenter on June 29, 2009 at 11:47 PM

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:46 PM

What you guess is not my problem. You don’t even make sense.

If that was the case they would molests boys and girls.

Sorry, you lose.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Sorry, you’re a loser.

Most pedophiles have a definite preference for either female or male victims and an age range, too. However, some pedophiles have no sex preference. You seem proud of your ignorance. Then again, you are a loser.

Can you even respond to my posts in a mature manner?

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM

P-K-B.

Blake on June 29, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Sorry, you’re a loser.

Wait a minute. You just admitted that most pedophiles prefer one sex of a child over the other and yet they can not be considered gay or straight.

Some adults have no sex preference when it comes to other adults either and are considered bi. Guess that’s a no-no referring to pedofiles who molests both boys and girls as “bi” though. Still would be too un-PC.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 30, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Don’t stop ’til you get enough.

Enough.

juanito on June 30, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I’m sure Mark Sanford considers himself a good husband but obviously thats not the truth.

Speedwagon82 on June 30, 2009 at 2:34 AM

Not all males who kill other people consider themselves murderers.

Geochelone on June 30, 2009 at 4:58 AM

Not all pots who call the kettle black consider themselves black.

Not all male chickens that come home to roost consider themselves roosters.

Geochelone on June 30, 2009 at 5:00 AM

I’m sure Joe was just completely misunderstood, just like his son Michael regarding sleeping with little boys, and is really a wonderful human being. How dare you attack the farther of an icon.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 6:26 AM

This thread sure veered off into the ditch.

pistolpetestoys on June 30, 2009 at 7:06 AM

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 11:39 PM

why isn’t the state of SC on ‘my page’, whatever that is…do they do gay adoptions? you said no…so I guess they are on my page.

I’m so glad to see you are so ‘open’ and ‘tolerant’…but of course you dismiss out of hand a report from the BAPTIST press that you disagree with…you do not argue the data, instead you denigrate the source…

so what do you at this facility that makes you so pro-gay? you don’t do gay adoptions…other than making excuses for gay pedophilia, apparently, what do you do?

right4life on June 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM

beekiller on June 29, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Wait a minute. So because a place you work at, which is funded by the catholic version of the universalist/unitarian “church”, says that a man who molests littles boys is not gay, then that means that the entire state of South Carolina must feel the same way.

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 30, 2009 at 8:03 AM

plus he hangs out with Jesse Jackson…enuff said !

rlongstrat on June 30, 2009 at 8:18 AM

Leave the poor Jackson family alone. Their contribution to music outweighs any bad things they ever did, or could ever do. They could murder in cold blood, seen right on TV, and they should still be acquitted because of the music.

Jeff from WI on June 30, 2009 at 9:24 AM

A real Welfare dad who is living of the efforts of his abused children. This is one Welfare dad that should have left and never came back.

MSGTAS on June 30, 2009 at 10:33 AM

My God… what a Freak Show. This fool dresses, and acts like a 70′s Pimp, as does everyone around him. Jackson Sr. sees nothing but dollar signs. He’s probably already planning the exploitation of his Grandchildren from all of this.

ronnyraygun on June 30, 2009 at 11:31 AM

right4life on June 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM

His comments make perfect sense to me and yours are beyond the pale. You aren’t a conservative, you’re a loon. He should learn never to debate with a loon.

fastestslug on June 30, 2009 at 12:02 PM

fastestslug on June 30, 2009 at 12:02 PM

what a moron.

right4life on June 30, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Don’t worry, one of the orderlies will come by with your medication soon.

fastestslug on June 30, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Sleaze….

CynicalOptimist on June 30, 2009 at 2:46 PM

fastestslug on June 30, 2009 at 2:35 PM

sounds like you’re upset that I don’t bend over for the gay movement like you do!!!

you must be in a great deal of pain such stupidity has to hurt…in your case I bet you have trouble sitting down…

right4life on June 30, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Why don’t you head on over to Free Republic where you belong and instigate some death and bombings. ;)

fastestslug on June 30, 2009 at 4:28 PM

fastestslug on June 30, 2009 at 4:28 PM

why don’t you go back to your usual hangout, the park restroom?

right4life on June 30, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I’m a sweet, all American 18 year old young lady. You lose scary, mean old weird guy. ;)

fastestslug on June 30, 2009 at 5:29 PM

you’re as hideous on the outside as you are on the inside…bet ya stink too!!

right4life on June 30, 2009 at 6:04 PM

fastestslug on June 30, 2009 at 5:29 PM

one other thing…the only reason you posted to me is because the TRUTH HURTS…you cannot debate the issues, you’re a typical left-wing uneducated, easily led stooge!!

right4life on June 30, 2009 at 6:10 PM

You’re personally talked about on other conservative sites as a rabid loon. The user name right4life is easy to remember.

fastestslug on June 30, 2009 at 6:40 PM