Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?
posted at 9:00 am on June 28, 2009 by Ed Morrissey
It’s time to pick another Obamateurism of the Week, and believe me, this is no time to just disappear onto the links, even with your bestest buddy who can’t keep his governors straight. Be sure not to open your Perrier out there on the course, lest you become one of the “polluters” letting CO2 into our air where it doesn’t belong. Some of you may want to spend a nice Sunday afternoon doing some planting, but remember that questions bloom best when planted with lots of fertilizer. If you like mystery, try looking for those two million Muslim Americans that disappeared between Cairo and Islamabad from Obama’s rhetoric. They may find that the moral arc of the Obama universe is long, but it bends towards bad research.
- Change in Iran coming because “Obviously, after the speech I made in Cairo…”
- Flashing his soles to the camera while talking to Netanyahu
- “If you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.”
- “We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem.”
- Siccing Tim Geithner and Charlie Rangel on tax cheats
- Phony Churchill quote on torture throws Grandpa under the bus
- Torture probe flip-flop
- Obama covers up IHS while quoting Jesus
- Austrian is a language?
- Obama bows to the Saudi king
- 1908 Model T got better gas mileage than today’s SUVs
Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at email@example.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.
Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day!
Breaking on Hot Air