The rank dishonesty of the Obama administration

posted at 9:04 am on June 27, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Jim Geraghty first wrote that all of Barack Obama’s promises come with expiration dates, and broken promises from politicians are nothing new, of course.  However, one usually expects politicians — especially those running on hope and change — to either remain true to their professed core values and the issues that fueled the most passion on the campaign trail, or at least explain their change in the daylight.  Obama did neither, nor did he apologize to the man he besmirched endlessly on the campaign trail while adopting the policy that Obama most demonized as a candidate.

Andrew Malcolm can’t believe the chutzpah:

In yet another sign of political perfidy, the White House of President George W. Bush has drafted a presidential executive order that would allow that double-dealing Republican chief executive to hold suspected terrorist detainees indefinitely.

According to the president’s intentions, such suspects could be detained for long periods of time, virtually indefinitely. Is this really what the nation voted for last November?

Oh, wait. No. According to an exclusive Washington Post/Pro Publica report this afternoon, it’s the refreshing new Democratic administration of Barack Obama that’s now preparing this new executive order to hold certain terrorist suspects indefinitely.

This is an obviously inspiring sign of the new style of leadership the Democrat promised and is finally bringing to the White House. As one blogger put it, George W. Obama. And it shows the kind of powerful political pragmatism with which the ex-senator from Illinois approaches this job at such a crucial and globally turbulent time.Strangely, it was leaked to the Post on a slow summer Friday afternoon when it wouldn’t gain much attention.

This goes beyond the policy, which I think returns to a rational processing of illegal combatants in wartime.  We don’t release POWs until after the conclusion of hostilities, and we sure as hell shouldn’t be releasing illegal combatants any earlier, incentivizing terrorists for operating outside the rules of war.  The fact that they joined an endless jihad against the US shouldn’t get them any consideration for earlier release dates; when the radical Islamists either surrender or get destroyed, then we can see about releasing them. Until then, they should stay locked up and away from the fight.

Obama has essentially endorsed the detention policies of George Bush without the courtesy of apologizing for slandering him over the last two and a half years.  Obama and his allies screeched endlessly about indefinite detentions, and not just in Gitmo, either.  They specifically railed against the holding of terrorists without access to civil courts in military detention facilities around the world, specifically Bagram, but in general as well.  Not even six months into his term of office, Obama realized that Bush had it right all along.

Did he even have the grace to admit that?  No.  Instead, the White House took the cowardly method of a late-Friday leak to let people know that Obama had adopted the Bush policy all over again.  Barack Obama just appeared at a press conference this last Tuesday to discuss Iran, energy policy, and ObamaCare, where he could have told the national press that he had changed his mind on indefinite detention.  Instead, he kept his mouth shut, and had his media staff whisper it into phones to a couple of White House favorites in the press.

It’s a shameful performance, and the measure of the man in charge.

Addendum: I guess Obama has finally conceded to Dick Cheney on national security, hasn’t he?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

***
HONDAV65 @12:10 gets it right. After President Obama (PBUH) and his “democratic” / liberal / socialist / marxist / communist minions in our Congress and Government finish trashing our economy change will come.
***
Vote SARAH PALIN for POTUS and JOHN BOLTON for VP. This will be some “hope and change” we can believe in–America first! Start taking back the government at the July 4 tea parties.
***
John Bibb
***

rocketman on June 27, 2009 at 12:31 PM

BTW, Obama is much closer to being a Fascist than a Socialist or Marxist. Google all three words and see for yourselves.

bradley11 on June 27, 2009 at 9:50 AM
I’m glad someone else sees this.

BPD on June 27, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Thanks I feel much better now. LOL

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Hick is a pefect example for proving Einstein’s theory that some human beings have no ability to think for themselves, based on their total lack of common sense. In “Hick’s world” the CIA replaced Michael Jackson’s Demerol with an undetectable heart-stoping drug to take the media’s eyes off our government’s passing climate-change/energy bill that will put this nation in financial ruin. The reality is that the liberal left has already accepted the “notion” that man is the sole cause of global warming/climate change, (which is the biggest hoax of the 21st century), and without a total reversal of industrial marketing growth, (aka: capitalism), the world will perish in total darkness. Historians will write stories of this period when lemmings such as Hick failed miserably to apply COMMON SENSE in their thought process, (later described as a racially enhanced depreciation of brain-cell matter), and blamed their deficiency on the conspiracy that the CIA put something in their drinking water.

Rovin on June 27, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Sad to say he is not alone. Do you know how many people believe our Govt bombed the levy in New Orleans to get rid of the ninth Ward. Not kidding they will go balistic on you if you try to make them see reason. And that is why we are in the fix we are in. they believe everything negative and question nothing.

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Quit hitting the snooze button, America.

n0doz on June 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM

As unbelievable as it is, people don’t care. They just don’t care. I’m always astounded at regular, everyday working people that I know who refuse to get involved with anything political. Oh yeah, they voted, and they STILL blame Bush, but they think I’m a nutjob because I care so much! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told to “Get a life! Stop worrying about politics”. Please. It’s because I have a life that I love and a job that is going to be destoyed by this administration, that I care so much!

I can’t tell you how sickening it is to feel I’m in a position to hate Obama even more for making me dislike and distrust family and friends that are oblivious to his socialism!! Does that even make sense??

anniekc on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Elections do have consequences.

And Obama isn’t Spock. He’s Anakin Skywalker.

itzWicks on June 27, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I am still waiting for the final shoe to drop and the media then turn on B.O. with full force fury. It’s coming, it’s just a matter of time.

pilamaye on June 27, 2009 at 11:38 AM

I would not count on that bc GE owns them and just heard GE stands to cleanup on trading the Cap and Trade credits they already have the dept set up unbelievable. I hope I wake up from this nightmare soon.

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM

stacy on June 27, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Read it on the other post awesome.

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 12:49 PM

anniekc on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

100% I deal with it everyday. They bury head in sand because they don`t want to deal with stress. Never mind them wanting to help solve it. Kinda reminds me of storis from Germans when hitler came into power. They weren`t coming for them so they stood by and did nothing even though they new the evil was happening.

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM

karenhasfreedom on June 27, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Mary Bono-Mack had a son and a daughter with Sonny.

Cindy Munford on June 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM

America is done. Over. Sorosica is born. Third world conditions and status in 3 decades. Your kids and theirs are going to hate you for it.

Griz on June 27, 2009 at 1:02 PM

The fact is, Obama has committed multiple crimes and abuses of power, each of which warrants impeachment.

That impeachment proceeding have not been called for, shows the checks and balances implemented by the founding fathers have broken down. Whether this is just a temporary fixable problem, or a permanent fixture of a new fascist pseudo-republic, is an important question.

Rebar on June 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Strange. Because I fully agreed with the Bush policy on detainees I now find myself in the curious position of being forced to agree with the completely odious Obama. Strange indeed.

johnsteele on June 27, 2009 at 9:30 AM

They are not the same at all. What Obama is doing is different in the respect that he obviously has no respect for the Constitution.

While legal scholars and hair splitters may argue for eternity about whether a United States military base located in a foreign country is legally United States “soil”, and is subject to American civil laws, the Bush administration at least had enough respect for the Constitution to not try to get away with indefinate detentions within the obvious borders of the country.

Why the hell do people think Cuba was picked anyway? Because it’s a tropical paradise?

Jaynie59 on June 27, 2009 at 1:26 PM

annie:

Yes, it makes sense. I feel the same way. You try to talk to them and their eyes glaze over. If they blame anyone for the way things often as not it is Bush, because that is their habit. They don’t have to think about it. Or if they do blame Obama, it is not personal. It is just a sort of that is what politicians are like attitude so why bother to care?

Drives me nuts.

Terrye on June 27, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Obamanomics.

I remember an interview with Joe Pantoliano about the Sopranos. He said the most violent episode of that show in his opinion was not the murders or beatings, but when Tony and the boys dismantled the Ramsey Outdoor store when the owner got behind on gambling debts. The owner of the store was a former friend of Tony. When the owner asked why Tony did that to him, Tony got defensive about the victim/owner being a degenerate gambler (which he was) and then in a moment of clarity Tony admitted–”It is what I do.”

And you thought the Sopranos would only be back in reruns.

Mr. Joe on June 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I wonder if the Black racists like Rangle, Jacksons and Sharpton are going to come out screaming against this idea now that it is enforced by someone with black skin?

That is after they are done beatifying another “brother”, who was a pedophile and human freak show.

Hening on June 27, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Obama reeks, as do the morons who voted for him, and the media fools who continue to enable and cover for him.

AZCoyote on June 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM
How far would the MSM and liberals go? Just the fact they introduce Cap & Trade, Obama-care, (surely) they would love to ban the 2nd. amendment, limit the 1st. amendment, and destroy our ability to defend our nation, would there be any recognizable America as we know and love it? How much farther down this slope can we go before it can’t be fixed?

fourdeucer on June 27, 2009 at 1:53 PM

fourdeucer:

Banning an amendment takes a lot more than voting on the cap and trade bill.

Terrye on June 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM

It’s a shameful performance, and the measure of the man in charge.

Understatement of the century

This just for the morons who didn’t know it yet.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Someone talented, please photoshop the front picture of this thread, with Pinocchio written on his forehead.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Banning an amendment takes a lot more than voting on the cap and trade bill.

Terrye on June 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM

That is why I said they would love to. If they didn’t have to be so disingenuos, how far would they go? What is their idea of an utopian America?

fourdeucer on June 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM

It’s a shameful performance, and the measure of the man in charge.

This is the money quote of your piece. Obama is this shameless because the State Run Media is going to continue the love fest.
Sadly, I don’t see an end to this honeymoon any time soon.

cruadin on June 27, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Has anybody checked out the lefty pages? This story is either buried or absent. I keep commenting on Huff Po that it makes no sense that Sanford is front in center even though this should be a HUGE story for them. They buried it. They keep deleting my comments…I guess they do not like being called out on their agenda. I guess the Obama cultism is stronger than convictions on human rights over there…

Joe Caps on June 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM

It’s a shameful performance, and the measure of the man in charge.

It’s a measure of Soros?

Wine_N_Dine on June 27, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Idi Amin Hussein Obama is a complete and total fraud, and his supporters are idiots who are too stupid to exist in a truly free society.

-Dave

Dave R. on June 27, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Obama’s a Maoist, not a Marxist.

Some of the differences.

Marxism focus on the industrial urban forces.

Maoism focus on the agrarian countryside.

This should help explain why Obama is ruining our Industrial base.

Example, none of his “Czars” have any real world experience in what ever they are the “Czar of”.

That’s not by accident.

Maoism attempts to combine Confucianism (Yes Grasshopper look at that fly) and Socialism – what one such called “a third way” between communism and capitalism.

a third way” As in “We cannot go back to the failed policies of the past yada yada blah blah blah”.

This is why Obama’s Maoist and Marxist minions will tell you your wrong, Obama IS NOT A MARXIST, which is true he is a MAOIST!

Call Obama a Maoist and his minions will try and change the subject.

DSchoen on June 27, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Quit hitting the snooze button, America.

n0doz on June 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM

anniekc on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

If I wasn’t laughing about the absurdity of America’s current behavior, I’d be crying.

scotash on June 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Anyone interested in an “Alinsky-style” counter-demonstration in front of the White House against “George W. Obama”?!?

I just love it.

Lockstein13 on June 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM

It doesn’t shock me that Obama is once again following the Bush line of defense. None of the Democrats had a clue as to how to handle 9/11 , or had what it would take, to keep things going in the aftermath.

Obama doesn’t have his own 9/11 to deal with (Thank God), and he’s still making a mess, and a mockery out of our country.

So how do all those, who thought he was going to put gas in your cars, and pay for your houses , feel now?

capejasmine on June 27, 2009 at 6:12 PM

I was always one to point this out to O fans.

Didn’t matter.

They were so convinced. It was a generational election.

They get to learn, too, I guess.

AnninCA on June 27, 2009 at 6:44 PM

And the Dems were saying that McCain would be Bush III.

DuctTapeMyBrain on June 27, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Truly a thread that encourages “dumps.”

See you guys around the real threads!

AnninCA on June 27, 2009 at 6:53 PM

illegal combatants

rules of war

How can there be illegal combatants when “alls fair in love and war?”

There are no rules when you’re trying to kill someone…

Ace ODale on June 27, 2009 at 7:24 PM

It’s OK Barry, you can admit that Bush prosecuted this war in the best way he knew how. You can admit it man, don’t be afraid.
Adda boy!

Geronimo on June 27, 2009 at 7:24 PM

anniekc on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Yes, Anniekc, it makes sense and I feel the same way. I feel like the crazy political guy at work and around my friends. They just don’t care and seem to think it only affects people on TV, as if TV was some alternate universe. Most Americans are oblivious idiots.

Geronimo on June 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM

anniekc on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

When I say this to you, I say it to myself too – become more apathetic and misanthropic because the fools always deserve what they bring to themselves.

Just don’t pay for it. Let them suffer by their actions. If they wish to live in those conditions, let them. Invent something to sell to them, or offer a service they’ll pay for. Or, just retreat from production altogether and milk the system.

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM

anniekc on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Anniek: You are correct re the apathy of many Americans. Case in point: Very few paid any attention to the House bill on Cap and Trade. They knew next to nothing about its provisions nor its implications.

Pre-emptive ads or infomercials slipped into the television programs that lull the passive into awareness certainly would have helped in raising an outcry against this travesty.

onlineanalyst on June 27, 2009 at 7:41 PM

DSchoen on June 27, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Actually this article that Rush quoted from the other day has Obama pegged to a T… Obama, the African Colonial

infidel4life on June 27, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Until then, they should stay locked up and away from the fight.

That, or executed.

Big John on June 27, 2009 at 8:08 PM

It’s a shameful performance, and the measure of the man in charge.

Yep.

petunia on June 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM

scotash on June 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

The secret source of humor itself is not joy but sorrow.
- Mark Twain

MB4 on June 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I’ve got no constitutional strings
To hold me down
To make me fret, or make me frown
I had constitutional strings
But now I’m free
There are no constitutional strings on me

Hi-ho the me-ri-o
That’s the only way to go
I want the world to know
Nothing constitutional ever worries me

Hi-ho the me-ri-o
I’m as happy as can be
I want the world to know
Nothing constitutional ever worries me

I’ve got no constitutional strings
So I have fun
I’m not tied up to anyone
They’ve got constitutional strings
But you can see
There are no constitutional strings on me
- Obaminocchio

MB4 on June 27, 2009 at 8:21 PM

No new low from this Pres. surprises me anymore.

Yakko77 on June 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I really don’t see the difference between the sycophant in chief and the aya!toldya of Iran and his buttonbuddy mydinnerjacket.

In fact, I don’t see much difference in the liberal hardcores like acorn and the libs in office and the republican guard in Iran either.

We need new elections. Today. We either need new elections or we need to go on general strike across the country till we get them.

Spiritk9 on June 27, 2009 at 8:57 PM

anniekc on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Geronimo on June 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Welcome to the club anniekc. I resemble Geronimo. I’m the RWNJ at work, and half my family doesn’t want to hear my rants on the surreal transformation of this country and how bad we’re handicapping our children. Fortunately I’m around a lot of prior-service personnel and retirees at work, so I’m mainly keeping them in the loop.

infidel4life on June 27, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Yeah, that was an excellent article infidel. But she’s a raaaacist. /sarc

Sam_I_Am on June 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Barack Obama is a baby-killing-enabling liar. And that is why the press, the feminists, the Democrats, don’t care. The only thing that matters to any of those people is abortion. If Barack Obama decides tomorrow that he is against abortion – heck, baby-killing – on demand, all of those people will immediately throw his worthless rear-end under the bus. Until then, he can do whatever he wants and they won’t care. These lunatics would vote for Nathan Bedford Forrest if he favored abortion.

Knott Buyinit on June 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM

DSchoen on June 27, 2009 at 4:57 PM

You are correct to make the distinction between Obama’s embrace of Maoism rather then Marxis. Bill Ayers, Obamao’s political buddy, valued the tenets of Mao and claimed to champion them.

onlineanalyst on June 27, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Knott Buyinit on June 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Absolutely right on the money.

Jeff from WI on June 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM

fourdeucer:

Banning an amendment takes a lot more than voting on the cap and trade bill.

Terrye on June 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Yes, it takes a liberal activist judge to decide the amendment means what they want it to mean…..in spite of what it may actually say.

conservativecaveman on June 27, 2009 at 10:29 PM

And the Dems were saying that McCain would be Bush III.

DuctTapeMyBrain on June 27, 2009 at 6:48 PM

heh… yea right, huh? Obama gets into office, all his idiotic ideas are failing, so time to go back to the things that were actually working.

Priceless.

Hog Wild on June 27, 2009 at 10:43 PM

It really is a shame this guy is the first black president because he’s going to be the last for a very long time after this.

elduende on June 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM

elduende, excellent point. It is a shame, for everyone in our country.

Wine_N_Dine on June 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM

anniekc on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Entirely. My worst thing about all this is some Obamabot friends who laughed at me about his background, and expressed disbelief that I “actually voted for that idiot, Palin.”

I’ve not liked them much ever since, and these are our good friends. I find myself just being eternally grateful that my husband isn’t like that. I swear, I’d have to divorce him.

It’s a failing in me, I guess, and I’ve spent a lot of guilt-ridden moments about it. But I can’t feel the same about these people anymore, and I guess I never will.

Alana on June 28, 2009 at 1:32 AM

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Yeah…the levee’s version of the 9/11Truther.

Tho their most obvious question is left unasked: Why didn’t the Bush Admin. blame al Qaeda?

BTW
Bertman/Maineri ’12

soundingboard on June 28, 2009 at 3:42 AM

anniekc on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Alana on June 28, 2009 at 1:32 AM

Do NOT feel guilty for distancing yourself from the Obama fanatics. They are diseased. Their mind is gone. If they believe the things he believes, then they were never worth your friensdship anyhow. They are like some evil zombies.

Jeff from WI on June 28, 2009 at 5:47 AM

HondaV65 on June 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM

That all sounds well and good ,but help me out here. Aren’t these disasters all rigged to start after the 2010 elections( with the exceptions of union payoffs) and in the case of cap and steal after the 2016 elections 2020, I think.

I also fear by 2016 Pinnochio will have confiscated an unimaginable amount of private and business wealth and further destroyed our capitalistic system. He now owns giant insurance, banks, auto, mortgage wait until he really exerts control over them.

Do you really think he has no intention of running them. That’s a lie also, he intends to rape and pillage and will leave them destroyed. Look to New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago, Californica for an example of what Dems in charge do and how America will look.
Then buy more amoo for when the have nots decide Pinnochio isn’t givin them their share fast enough and they decide to just take it.

This because a worm named McCain refused to fight, fight, fight, refused to grab the spotlight and attack the stimulus, the unconstitutional money grab, rather suspended his stupid campaign and went to DC to get Rick Rolled into signing a stimulus bill that is nothing but a payoff to Democrat constiuents just in time for 2010.

John McCain is a worm. However honorable he may have been in the distant past he has been nothing but a doddering, pandering , old fool who delights in sticking it to conservatives and now we all reap what he has sown.

Vote em all out and force the new ones to accept Term Limits so they cannot consolidate their power such that this ever happens again. Term limits, pensions gone, healthcare gone, raises at the publics approval not their own.
Why should these clowns, buffoons, pimps and whores recieve more in benefits than The US military? WHY?

dhunter on June 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Theres another dynamic at work as well. People are SCARED to get involved because of what they see done to those who do get involved.

Joe the Plumber? Sarah Palin? The politics of personal destruction are in full swing. They even go after familys.

I just sat my 18 year old twins down to have this very discusion. “IF” I go active I will be using my own name, which, because of my views, WILL make them a target as well.

When a Man feels he must warn his family of consequences before he can speak his mind… it sounds more like the Mid East or Eastern Europe, not the US.

Romeo13 on June 28, 2009 at 12:20 PM

dhunter on June 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I just can’t wrap my head about their vision of the endgame.

What are they trying to do? Its as if they don’t CARE about tomorow, or debt… like there is somthing so large sitting on the horizon that it does not matter what we do today…

Romeo13 on June 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Who would have ever thought that obozo was dishonest? Oh yeah, anyone that paid attention while he was purchasing the presidency, that’s who. democrat/liberals stuck us with him now we’ll have to live with the consequences of their hatred of America for who knows how long.

pitter43 on June 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM

No Ed, Obama is still closing Gitmo, and he’s letting the Congress and the Justice Department decide a UNIFORM process instead of letting people like John Yoo and David Addison write up illegal mumbo jumbo on executive privelege and rendition. The same Cheney policy? In your dreams maybe. But keep reminding Americans of the Bush presidency, another nail into the gop coffin.

athensboy on June 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Define terrorist. From Obama’s point of view.

Then I think this decision makes sense.

beatcanvas on June 28, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Here is one way to get rid of a Leftist President:

izoneguy on June 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM

The little light just came for me,
Hope n change , the change was D for the R and thats it.
Do the math.

ColdWarrior57 on June 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM

The core value of Obama is Marxism. He tip toes around it a little, but that is the direction he is taking us. One only has to look to his associates and mentors and they are all far far to left. His relationship with Bill Ayers was not an accident.

Dasher on June 29, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Geronimo on June 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM

This is key to our dilemma the people are being brained washed by TV and now in HD. Be careful the boss might fire you for being disruptive. Although being in Business he most likely agrees with you.
The people have been put to sleep while the main stream media have conspired to change our political system to communist almost over night. The war on terror is being lost. The people are weak minded zombies. Have pity on them and just smile because this will not stand for long. The scam will not last. People will wake up and you will have been on right side all along. The danger is too much information at once will cause them to not believe. You all wonder with all this stuff on Obama how can the people not know what is going on. It is because of the bulk of it all that they disbelieve. His greatest crimes he will never pay for, it will be the little stuff that is believable by the masses. We cannot even get past the media with him being born in Kenya. As for Gitmo he needs to empty it, so he can give back camp delta to Cuba. Economy will be is down coming. In a few days the announcement of unemployment numbers will show double digits.
Let the people come to their own conclusions and don’t sweat it. Don’t go over board with trying to convince your friends about the many crimes of Obama. Just little bits of information piece by piece not the Birth Certificate first off. The not releasing birth certificate could be for two reasons, first it could be true and second is it could be a rouse for when he finally dose show it and it’s real, will make all of us look like where black hawk conspiracy nuts out to get him. When your trying to educate your friends start small and not too much at first. Find something they want out of Obama and talk about how he has broken his promise to them. Don’t throw away your friends over politics. They will need you to explain it all to them when it becomes a calamity, and for god sake don’t say I told you so. Say something like “you know Obama was very smart the way he fooled everyone.” Good Luck and God Help US!!!

Ed Laskie on June 29, 2009 at 7:44 AM

What’s that old African proverb….the higher the monkey climbs, the more you see his ass?

KyMouse on June 29, 2009 at 8:05 AM

KyMouse on June 29, 2009 at 8:05 AM

Doesn’t that make it harder for the MSM to kiss it though?

Jeff from WI on June 29, 2009 at 9:36 AM

When I was sitting in the barber shop this weekend, the subject of cap and trade came up. Most people around me admitted they didn’t understand what it was all about. I told them it was about global warming and I got back a chorus of OK’s and Oh yeah’s.

I pointedly asked each person around me whether they believed in global warming. They all did, to one degree or other (slight pun, sorry). I then asked them if they were aware that there had been no global warming for over a decade now and that was why they were beginning to hear a shift from “global warming” to “climate change” in political rhetoric. They had noticed the shift in words but were unaware of the lack of global warming.

I told them they could Google the global warming facts if they wished. I then explained that the CO2 in the atmosphere had continued to climb as it always had during the last decade and ended my comments with a chuckle about how that was Al Gore’s real Inconvenient Truth in regards to CO2 causing global warming and thus needing cap and trade to help save the planet.

I looked around me and saw that no one had connected the dots.

I then said “Without the temperature rising as a result of the CO2 there’s no big need for the expense of cap and trade legislation to “save the planet”. plant’s that produce food and oxygen actually grow a little better with the increased CO2.”

Still some blank looks……

“Maybe that’s why the big rush to pass the legislation before anyone can actually read it and possibly think about it for an hour or so.”

I decided to give up and shut up. I wasn’t really getting through.

Ernest on June 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM

I just can’t wrap my head about their vision of the endgame.

Romeo13 on June 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM

Have you read Glenn Becks “Common Sense”? I am halfway through (on vacation) have have not found a thing to disagree with yet,

The Corruptocrats are setting themselves up to confiscate all wealth and dole it out to the peasants as they see fit.

Redistribute the wealth!

Isn’t that what The Pinnochio Presidente said? For once I believed him because he was caught off guard, off teleprompter.

I just don’t imagine the Chinese will be happy with us devaluing their Treasury Bills as the printing presses print more and more worthless dollars. But I suspect that is where the military gets used?

dhunter on June 29, 2009 at 10:32 AM