Video: Boehner slaps down Waxman, filibusters cap and trade; Update: Bill passes, 219-212; eight GOPers are the difference; Update: GOP defectors named; Update: One defector considering Senate run

posted at 6:53 pm on June 26, 2009 by Allahpundit

Yeah, I know: Technically there’s no filibuster in the House, but the majority and minority leaders are typically given great latitude in terms of how long they can speak. Enter Waxman, the genius behind the 300-page amendment no one’s read, wanting to know just how great that latitude is. High drama as the answer comes from Democrat Ellen Tauscher, presiding over the session.

How long can Boehner keep talking tonight? Stay tuned. Click the image to watch.

Update: The filibuster’s over and the final 15-minute vote is in progress. With nine minutes left, it’s 193-183.

Update: 219-212, with eight Republicans — the difference between passage and defeat — defecting to vote yes. The boss is already hunting around for their names. I hope they got a sweet deal from Pelosi because talk radio is about to make their lives very, very difficult.

Update: Inhofe predicts cap and trade will die in the Senate, which is probably true. I wonder if that made the bitter pill easier to swallow for those eight Republicans.

Update: The boss has the names:

Bono Mack
Castle
Kirk
Lance
LoBiondo
McHugh
Reichert
Smith (NJ)

Update: An epitaph from Vodkapundit: “Never have so few stolen so much from so many to achieve so little.”

Update: If you’re looking for a lightning rod among the elite eight, Mark Kirk is probably the one. He’s considering running for Obama’s old Senate seat next year. Memo to Kirk: Reconsider.

Update: A good point from Goldfarb while we’re busy obsessing over the eight GOP turncoats: What about the 50 Democrats who voted no? They’ve earned the ire of liberals needlessly, given that the bill’s destined for likely death in the Senate.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 11 12 13

@simplesimon

You parody only yourself. lol

daesleeper on June 27, 2009 at 2:48 PM

He shouldn’t even be able to reach for the toilet paper in a public bathroom without having to push aside a couple of tea partiers. What I get is “Who will decorate our GOP float for the fourth of July Parade”.

You ‘conservatives’ really love public bathrooms, huh?

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Better start stocking up on the Slim Jims and bottling your urine then. No time to waste hanging out on teh internets.

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 2:46 PM

The return of capitulus:

Correspondingly, sales of Ball Jars (to store urine) and Slim Jims are up today. The revolution’s a-comin. Best be prepared.

capitulus on April 15, 2009 at 3:45 PM

progressoverpeace on June 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM

No one threatened you. You are paranoid. You said something very insulting to me for no good reason and all I said was that I doubted that if you were actually talking to me in person you would have the guts to say that.

And I meant it. I think you are one of those people who is emboldened by the anonymous nature of the internet…and that makes you more belligerent.

Terrye on June 27, 2009 at 1:47 PM

if you look back, I didn’t say anything insulting to you…I said with people like you we will lose our freedom, because of your support of people like mccain…show is the LOTE…its the choice between quick or a little less quick…

and that was the ‘very insulting’ thing I said to you…

and then you treated us to this snarky comment…

What did I do or say that will cost us our freedom? My refusal to kiss your behind?

Terrye on June 26, 2009 at 11:11 PM

and so I said

your kissing of people like mccain’s behind.

right4life on June 26, 2009 at 11:12 PM

then you went off about how I wouldn’t say that in your presence…so apparently you’d beat me up if I was in your presence..

so you may want to check the mirror when you talk about belligerence…

right4life on June 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Monopoly money will be worth more than the US dollar in the near future, so I’m not sure where you think you’re going with your joke.

progressoverpeace on June 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM

Whatssamatta U? Don’t you want to be just like Zimbabwe?? A couple of million percent inflation per year is a small price to pay for HOPE and CHANGE… It will be cool to whip out a 50 billion dollar note for a loaf of bread. Of course if you do it too slowly, you will have to quickly pull out another 10 billion.

/sarc

bullseye on June 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 2:41 PM

For starters we will save $$$ by not apointing czars.

Speaking on money, why is TOTUS spending $Billions to let ACORN count the census, when he already has federal workers sitting idly by at the US Post Office?

TN Mom on June 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM

This is a false choice, for if we have total collapse, we will surely head toward a totalitarian state. A collapse would lead to social chaos, and people would gravitate toward the type of dictator who promises to ease the pain.

onlineanalyst on June 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM

yeah I think a dictatorship is unavoidable at this point…we are quickly becoming a fascist state…with a whole bunch of TSARS to rule us…thanks to the liberals!!

right4life on June 27, 2009 at 2:54 PM

bullseye on June 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM

The Zimbabwe dollar was finally abandoned, after having printed 100 trillion dollar notes. They use the US dollar, now. LOL. Rhodesia used to be a wealthy nation, too.

The third-worldization of the West is disgusting to watch. The biggest waste in all of human history.

progressoverpeace on June 27, 2009 at 2:57 PM

It’s time for Boehner to go. He should have held the line, with a vote this close he should have known who was in the corral and who was off the reservation.

NEW LEADERSHIP FOR THE GOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sick of these losers.

Carolina Kat on June 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM

You ‘conservatives’ really love public bathrooms, huh?

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM

\

Sorry, I forgot there were liberal democraps here. Concepts like hyperbole and sarcasm are way over your head.

So, why don’t you try to defend the following.

1. A huge tax that will cost americans 2 to 3 thousand per year more.

2. A tax that will cost jobs.

3. Do you know where the great lakes were 6k years ago?? ……….. thought not… They were under a freaking ice cap 2 mile thick.. That ice cap has been receeding for 90k years.. Mankind has been around for 30k at most. The industrial age is 200 years old. So, explain to me, flat earther, how mankind is causing ‘climate change’

4. Please explain how it is in the interests of the american people for their elected doucheb… er representatives to vote on this huge of a bill WITHOUT HAVING TIME TO READ THE FREAKING THING…

OK, pal, four simple questions that I am sure you cannot answer. That is why I play with the hyperbole and sarcasm

Oh, BTW – The one way to take the country back is by putting total pressure on little acorn nuts like REMF Murphy. Those liberal dirtballs who happen to be in a district with a good percentage of Real Americans.

Oh, unrelated bonus question for you. Dirtballs like Murphy are shoving a healthcare system down our throats that will result in rationing while they get to stay in their gold plated healthcare for the elites system. Will you ask YOUR congresscritter and senators to sign a pledge that they will use the same healthcare system they are shoving down our throats????….. thought not.

bullseye on June 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Carolina Kat on June 27, 2009 at 2:58 PM

And I would add that Boehner should have never stopped his reading of the 300 page manager’s amendment. He should have forced the Dems to forcibly stop him, right before they voted for a bill that no one has read and no one seems to be able to say even exists in its entirety.

If these scumbag dems, and the 8 traitorous Republicans, are not grilled as to whether they ever held the completed form of the bill before voting on it (not read it, but just held it in their hands) …

progressoverpeace on June 27, 2009 at 3:02 PM

@bullseye

Crapitulus/simplesimon only posts invective. Her self esteem is stoked by impugning anyone that isn’t a drone lib. Therein lies the irony. She is too stupid to realize how stupid she really is.

daesleeper on June 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Rhodesia used to be a wealthy nation, too.

progressoverpeace on June 27, 2009 at 2:57 PM

it was a lovely country…especially when the jacaranda’s were in bloom….

right4life on June 27, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Hey, good luck with that secession thingy. I’m sure that the People’s Republic of Redneckistan will be a huge success. Any thoughts to a flag? How about money? Might I suggest Dale Earnhardt for the $100 and Larry Craig for the $3 bills.

I see great things for you!

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I`m thinking more like a fluer de lis with a crossbow and cowboy hat. Maybe the Alamo in the background. As for money well I`m thinking Stevie Ray Vauhn, Ted Nugunt , John Wayne, the Bush`s ,Jean LaFitte , pat O Brian just for starters.

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM

bullseye on June 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM

You had your 8 years of WMDs and Mission Accomplished. Now the party is over. Obama won. You tools lost. Deal with it.

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I would be thinking about how I could spell like a 10 year old if I was you. But that’s just me.

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Man do I love America, where the Democrat’s screwdriver is calling freedom loving conservatives tools.

Conservative Voice on June 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM

@crapitulus

You are more right than you know. The party is over. Prosperity is over. Obama’s war on prosperity is in full blitzkrieg mode. Jobs are being hemorrhaged. We adopted a stupid energy policy based on a hoax that will destroy manufacturing jobs. The energy policy will cost every household more money. The Obama administration is depleting capital from the economy at a rate never seen before.

It’s quite clear you:
1. Don’t live in the USA
2. Work for the government
3. Never worked a day in your life.

Anyway you cut it, you are an ignoramous.

daesleeper on June 27, 2009 at 3:21 PM

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM

yeah the party is over…along with freedom, prosperity, etc…hopefully you libs will be the ones to uh, get the ‘full benefit’ of the obama administration…

glad I don’t live in DC or NYC….

right4life on June 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM

The modern conservative movement can be summed up like this…OMG Obama is Hitler,Obama will put us in camps, every American having health care is socialism, its wrong to pass Cap and Trade, even though it will wean us off foreign oil,duh,. We didn’t mind George Bush spending like crazy because he was a evangelical, but we hate Obama for trying to prime the economy. Ensign and Sanford preached morality and “family values’ while they engaged in extra-maritial affairs. Sanford probably did his on tax money.Conservatives consider themselves intellectually superior to the “libruls” as they continue to get pounded at the voting booth. Conservatives crave their echo chamber, they must constantly tell each other how right each other is. To be a conservative you must memorize the talking points and the litmus test. They must never oppose the party line or have an original thought. Rush will tell them how to think or act. If any of these rules are broken, the offending person is kicked out of the rapidly shrinking “big tent”. Libruls hate America because they don’t thump their bibles like we do, and they don’t salute the flag enough. Plus libruls don’t have morals, like our leaders do. Obama wasn’t born in this country, he’s really Kenyan and a Islamic Marxist who will eventually impose Sharia Law and outlaw Christianity. There, now I know the rules to join the conservative movement.

athensboy on June 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM

OOOOOOHH You hurt my feelings . Sorry I was in hurry didn`t mean to bring out the english teacher in you.

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 3:26 PM

BWAHAHAHAHHAHA sure it will…damn PT Barnum was right!!!!

every American having health care is socialism

when I have to pay for someone else’s health care, because the government forces me to…ITS SOCIALISM…duhhhhhhh

so Obama quadruples Bush’s debt, and he’s NOT spending like crazy????

oh yeah what happened to that 8% unemployment max we were promised by your savior??

Sanford probably did his on tax money

yeah and we want him to resign, unlike libs who NEVER ever want their leaders to resign!! because libs have learned to love big brother…and whatever your leaders say, you believe!! (see the PT barnum reference earlier)

you libs are stupid beyond belief….but you wouldn’t be liberal if you could think for yourself…

thanks for playing, loser.

right4life on June 27, 2009 at 3:34 PM

athensboy on June 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

You and your ilk are political locusts.

progressoverpeace on June 27, 2009 at 3:35 PM

simplesimon on June 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM

…..be glad you’re using a keyboard to communicate with there simple-minded, would be hard to talk with Obama’s so far down your damn throat!

try again later on June 27, 2009 at 3:38 PM

The number of homeless will double. They of course save totally on energy costs. It is dishonest to say we are saving energy when the savings comes from no driving to work because of unemployment and homes being darkened after evictions.

seven on June 27, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Gee, responding to Athens boy is like plinking at 55 gallon oil drums at 20 feet with a scoped 22. Anyway, here goes.

Well, ole Adolpho was a NATIONAL SOCIALIST. He nationalized the industries in a socialist environment.

Obama will put us in camps,

I do get a bit nervous in that his buddy is Billy Bomber Ayers. A guy whose organization casually discussed the necessity to murder upwards of 25 million americans

every American having health care is socialism,

Uh, when you redistribute wealth to do that, what would YOU call it?? I was at least awake for part of Econ 101

its wrong to pass Cap and Trade, even though it will wean us off foreign oil,

Not DUh, but HUH?? how will it wean us off foreign oil. Oh, I forgot, your messiah’s energy plan is blow your tires and play a tune on your car

Left to it’s own, the economy would have started to recover. Also, remember that a certain jug eared community organizer was pushing the whole home for people who can’t afford them.. that is while he wasn’t trading land with rezko for control of a hospital board.

Just like JFK, Spitzer, Bawney Fwank etc

They got pounded this time around because of the tingly legged media, acorn fraud, millions in illegal campaign contributions and a public that has been dumbed down to the level of a rabbit.

Not really, we talk with each other to escape the twighlight zone of political correctness and the fourth estate/fifth column

Wrongo Dudo. My wife ran against an incumbent state senator and gave him a run for his money. Guess what, they asked her to run for a local office that she can use to springboard back into the state office later. Yep, they really hit her with a 2×4 for going against the party..

That seems more like the democraps.. See my point above.

We have plenty of friends who are Jews, Buddhists, Atheists, Muslims etc. The only thing I won’t tolerate is a bona fide satan worshipper. However, we have been disinvited from several liberal households because THEY are the intolerant ones.

As far as the flag, I just ask for the proper respect, not Stomping on the flag representing the country that my Father, Grandfather and Uncles fought for.. You know, the flag under Billy Bomber Ayers, Obmam’s buddy’s feet

Plus libruls don’t have morals, like our leaders do.

Generally speaking, yes, the left is more decadent than the right.

You know, when I began employment with DOD, I had to show complete documentation plus the FBI interviewed every household on my block. For what was basically a glorified clerical job. If Obmamas mother was underage adn his father was a British Subject, THEN HE IS BRITISH AND INELEIGBILE TO BE POTUS. It has happened before in our history. So far, he has not provided any credible copy of his birth cert nor his college records. The college records thing leads people to believe that he may have been enrolled as a foreign national. So much for obamaopeness

There, now I know the rules to join the conservative movement.

athensboy on June 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

The rules won’t help, you need to do some real learning, not the garbage the state run schools and teletubbies fed you. You need to understand what the founding fathers intended.. Tell me, have you at least read the Federalist Papers or the Anti Federalist Papers??? thought not…

bullseye on June 27, 2009 at 4:18 PM

athensboy on June 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Did they teach writing skills at the schools you went to?

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2009 at 4:27 PM

When will cap and trade go before the senate?

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Do you qualify?

Rebar on June 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I know I am late, but no, I do not qualify to run against Mike Castle – I am no longer a Delaware resident. And until my husband is no longer in the military, I will abstain from any serious political ambitions – we do have small children at home that are my primary responsibility. But maybe Joe Capps will be old enough by the 2010 election, depending on his birthday. :)

Anna on June 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Ahhh… “The Judas 8″.

30 pieces of silver HAD to be the buy off. Then again might be wrong; I might be taking this to the extremes.

Maybe the payoff was 1,000,000 pieces of silver and a Senate seat (in Illinois none the less, how shocking).

xax on June 27, 2009 at 5:22 PM

*tap tap*

“Paging Dr. Seuss, Paging Dr. Seuss”

*crickets*

For the life of me this is the second person I have seen in my life that looks exactly drawn from a cartoon. I just cannot take a person like that seriously. Yea, yeah appearances don’t matter, but you gotta admit:

John Boehner is the dad you got that when you’re a teenager you wish you never had.

I want him for POTUS along Sarah Palin. He is like Mark Levin – untouchable. I can seriously see this guy whipping some flip flops in the Middle East.

ProudPalinFan on June 27, 2009 at 6:19 PM

So, explain to me, flat earther,
bullseye on June 27, 2009 at 3:00 PM

As a”creationist,” I am happy to see someone else called a “flat earther” for a change.

davidk on June 27, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Hmmm. Don’t know how that happened.

davidk on June 27, 2009 at 6:26 PM

athensboy on June 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Replace Obama with Bush and you will have the Left’s mind set from the last 8 years.

Replace Bush with Obama and we have the Left’s mind set now.

FontanaConservative on June 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Bela Pelosi ram rodded the phony baloney global warming bill through the House as fast as possible because she realizes the jig is up, and that Algore’s climate fraud has been exposed. Dissent from all corners of the scientific community has put down the lie there exists a consensus among scientists that man-made global warming is a fact and the argument over. Rush, was right from the beginning when he said the global warming scandal was just a fake ploy used by socialists to raise taxes and collect money for a centralized government. The WSJ reported the make believe bill represents the biggest hike in taxes in U.S. history. Our last hope for stopping this yet another huge step toward a socialist America, lies with the Senate republicans who can still stand up to B.O. , Bela and the other dirty liberals who are trying to remake America in the image of a third world country.

JackM on June 27, 2009 at 6:56 PM

This bill even has ‘green mortgages.” FNMA standards are strict, but if you have a house that doesn’t fit the standards outlined in this bill a buyer probably won’t be able to get a mortgage? These people are truly insane.

And that’s just one small part of it.

Cody1991 on June 26, 2009 at 7:33 PM

Where did you find this information?

journeyintothewhirlwind on June 27, 2009 at 7:58 PM

As an Illinoisan, I can guaran-damn-ty you that I will NOT vote for this traitor.

Big John on June 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM

I would love to know what you think Michael Steele could have done to kill this bill. And by the way, he doesn’t run the NRCC or control who does run it.

rockmom on June 27, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Just saw your comment. Don’t know if you’ll see it, but will respond anyway.

Michael Steele has exhibited horrible leadership and has not been an effective spokesperson for Republicans and Republican issues. As much as I disagree with Howard Dean and his views, I can at least say he got their message out and did so passionately. I can’t say the same for Steele.

Steele should be working with Republicans in Congress, assisting them in the media, getting the message out, explaining the issues to voters, encouraging and energizing the base, etc. He’s been an epic fail. We have no leadership in the Republican Party.

That’s what I, or as you so arrogantly call “you people,” think about Steele’s lack of leadership and silence on important issues.

He has a role in this abysmal mess, as do those in Congress.

conservative pilgrim on June 27, 2009 at 8:29 PM

bullseye on June 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I am sorry I didn’t see your comment about Murphy before this. I would gladly support protesting Murphy every time he is in public. Is that really the response you get from local GOP? That makes me sick.

Murphy is getting money for his next race already. Manion was a great candidate, I do think he had the anti GOP tides working against him though. I think tying Murphy to Nancy is a winning strategy but if Manion wants to give it another run we got to get going on it. San Fran Nan is going to pull out all the stops to get her lap dogs back in office. Murphy doesn’t represent this district with his votes at all.

I am bound and determined to getting this POS out of office. In Church tonight I thought about flyers on windshields updating people on his votes. Something has to be done to get this ass out of office.

msmveritas on June 27, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Haven’t read any of the thread (1200+ comments? Christ.), so this may have already been mentioned. But Kirk may have just stolen a seat from the Dems in the Senate. Knowing that the bill is going to die in the Senate gives him cover. He’ll probably walk through the primaries next year, and then can run against the Dems as a Greenie. He may just be able to siphon off enough votes to win.

Win for the Pubs!

nukemhill on June 27, 2009 at 11:23 PM

LSUMama on June 27, 2009 at 3:07 PM

It, (the moronic troll), doesn’t know you never try to catch a tiger by it’s tail. Or mess with anyone who is a LSU fan! LOL! Ain’t the SEC grand! By the way, your women’s soccer team is getting a freshman keeper who is fabulous! Looking forward to this football season. Dad went to Ole Miss, husband went to MS State, kids going to Auburn! It gets rather ugly around here.

I heard Friday that the Senate left, and would be out for the July 4th recess. As reported on another thread, most do not give it a prayer in passing in the Senate, but everyone needs to begin now leaning on the Senate, and not just your own Senators. Send emails to all of them.

freeus on June 28, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Win for the Pubs!

I have $100 to each of his primary opponents plus another $100 to his Dem opponent in the general if he wins the primary. Anyone else in? Also for any of the other scum traitors in their races. Ayone care to join me? if we each gave $1 it would help clean out the scum

bill30097 on June 28, 2009 at 1:04 AM

athensboy on June 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Did they teach writing skills at the schools you went to?

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I believe his schools taught reeling and writhing, of course, to begin with, and french, music, and washing extra.

Cheshire Cat on June 28, 2009 at 1:40 AM

athensboy on June 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Did they teach writing skills at the schools you went to?

Schadenfreude on June 27, 2009 at 4:27 PM

The strange chap seems to have adopted a writing style reminiscent of that of a monkey throwing food, and other things which will go unmentioned, at a canvas hoping that enough will stick in enough of a pattern to be passed of as some kind of impressionist art.

semloh on June 28, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Win for the Pubs!
nukemhill on June 27, 2009 at 11:23 PM
That is a moronic analysis, even if you are not a troll.
Kirk is not getting the Republican nomination now that he went against the party on such a psychotic bill that barely limped over the finish line. He’s dead meat.
He can, however, run on the “Pile of Shit” ticket as a third party candidate.

TexasJew on June 28, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Cripes, Ed/Allah/Michelle – make with the ban stick, will ya? All these libtards are bringing the average IQ of the room down by 80% here.

Just turn the ability of people to post comments off if this is going to be the result. No point in even reading them at this point.

Midas on June 28, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Mike Castle (?-DE) is also said to considering a Senate run.

Shirley on June 28, 2009 at 10:24 AM

TexasJew on June 28, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Wow. Hung over that much, eh?

Asshole. I’m not a troll. Just offering a different perspective. You’re probably right. But you’re still an asshole.

nukemhill on June 28, 2009 at 11:09 AM

TexasJew on June 28, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Wow. Hung over that much, eh?

Assh*le. I’m not a troll. Just offering a different perspective. You’re probably right. But you’re still an assh*le.

nukemhill on June 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM

rockmom on June 27, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Just saw your comment. Don’t know if you’ll see it, but will respond anyway.

Though I agree with both of the statement above, I really don’t think he could rallied the troops to any greater affect. I do not think we could have phone or emailed or FAXed any more. It took me all day to get a call and email to go through to my Representative.
And according to the Lou Dobbs show, the phone, emal and FAX lines were “on fire” with angry citizens demanding a NO vote. Yet they ignored We the People and sold their souls and our liberty in exchange for some unknown Obamanation deal. I don’t know who or what they are representing, but they certainly aren’t representing us.
I believe, at this point in history, that our voices do not mater, not one bit!

JeffVader on June 28, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Crap and Steal: thanks to AlGore and his merry band of thieves, who will make millions off this massive scam on taxpayers.

Au revoir, Amerika! Welcome to the Union of Soviet Socialist Zimbabwe.

The Republican defecators, I mean defectors should be drawn and quartered, those dirty bastards!

Sweet_Thang on June 28, 2009 at 11:27 AM

THEY WILL COME IN YOUR HOUSE TO MONITOR YOUR USAGE. Here’s the link to the “cap and trade” bill. Search for the words “Residential Assessment Program”.

marklmail on June 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM

msmveritas on June 27, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Here is what happens when a leftist President goes too far:

izoneguy on June 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM

LoBiondo & Smith (NJ) are funded by unions. Check out their campaign finances. The Air Traffic Controllers union gave them $ too. I know for a fact that unions don’t typically give to Republicans and the Air Traffic Controllers union sends up a big red flag. The unions use the example of Reagan throwing the striking air traffic controllers out as the biggest event in union busting in history….and they gave money to these “Republicans.” Something stinks….and they support card check too? They are being paid by the unions…and the unions support Obama so that he’ll pass card check and they’ll get more money that they can spend on Democrats. These clowns have been bought.

njpat on June 28, 2009 at 7:21 PM

bill30097 on June 28, 2009 at 1:04 AM

This asswipe will not win the primary. Of that I am certain.

And the clown that you quoted obviously is unfamiliar with Illinois politics if he thinks that anyone gives a rat’s ass about issues or previous votes. Democrats vote Democrat because the ward heeler told them to, duh.

Jaibones on June 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Take a basic civic class…

patch on June 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM

I believe that would be “civics”, douchenozzle. Maybe you need a second crack at third grade.

Jaibones on June 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM

John McHugh 23rd NY was recently appointed Secy of the Army by the marxist Prince. QUID PRO QUO

allahallahoxenfree on June 28, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Kirk is finished as a Republican, he sold us out.

Rep. Kirk of Illinois, for instance, was among the top 20 recipients of PAC donations from environmental groups in the 2008 election cycle. He received $1,000 from the League of Conservation Voters (PAC), $4,000 from Ocean Champions (PAC) and $4,000 from Republicans for Environmental Protection (PAC). In this same cycle Republicans for Environmental Protection also donated $4,000 in PAC funds to Rep. Reichert.

exceller on June 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM

These 8 also voted for Obama’s GIVE act.. any Republican who voted for that bill needs to be run out of office.

If you’re in a state with a Republican up for re-election who voted for this bill or for Obama’s GIVE act then please start supporting a conservative who will run against the RINO in the primary.

popularpeoplesfront on June 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Cap-and-trade energy taxation New Zealand may go bust over Global Warming

izoneguy on June 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Carol Browner was on Fox & Freinds this morning trying to defend cap and trade. She kept calling this a jobs bill to compete in the global market place for alternative energy. Really Carol? Then let the market dictate what private companies should invest in. There is no global market for this junk, if there was US companies would be all over wind ans solar. And why do we need yet another bill to fund GE and T. Boone Pickens, couldn’t stimulus money be given to them? And are we to trust an administration that says a climate change bill, which they admited isn’t about climate change, will create jobs when their jobs bill has only lost jobs? But the best was when Steve Doocy asked her point blank if she read the bill. After aoiding the question several times and saying that wasn’t a fair question her best response was she read a vast majority of it. Doccy said “so that’s a no then”. If the spokesperson for this piece of crap didn’t read it you can be sure no one in congress read it.

cadams on June 29, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Why don’t these morons take a close look at what this same legislation did to Spain. 2 jobs lost for every green one created and their economy going down the toilet. With many families in this country being one paycheck aweay from homeless I would think these jackasses would think twice but then again it isn’t going to affect them directly and any resemblance of accountability by congress has been long gone.

TrickyDick on June 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM

How close are we to being able to rely on alternative energy?

Take a look at how well the Denver Museum of Nature and Science is doing with their solar panels. Turns out it would take them 110 years to pay for the solar panels, which last for about 25 years.

Any legislation that creates more of this sort of waste is a bad thing.

Here’s another article – a 21,000 sq ft solar panel field on the roof of a plant that generates 1% of the plant’s electricity.

The only way to make the solar panels meet our energy requirements right now is to use less energy.

hawksruleva on June 29, 2009 at 1:24 PM

cadams on June 29, 2009 at 7:34 AM

What global marketplace? Until there are some efficient forms of alternative energy available, there won’t be a market. It’s telling that the Dems market cap & trade as a jobs bill, and not a climate change bill. But even as a jobs bill, it’s a joke.

Let’s say Bob in Cleveland gets trained to make wind turbines. Great! Except for 2 things. One, I haven’t seen a bunch of listings for wind turbine builders on Monster.com lately, have you? Two, in order to be useful, wind and solar need to come through with some MAJOR breakthroughs on the efficiency front. And those changes in technology will probably make Bob’s training worthless.

hawksruleva on June 29, 2009 at 1:27 PM

According to Rush: “Have you heard about this, folks? When you sell your house, environmental experts have to come in and do a survey to find out if you’ve got leaky windows, if all the environmental systems are correct, if you have relatively new appliances, and until you modernize in the way they say, you can’t sell — that’s in the bill. I’m not kidding, Brian. See, you can’t believe it. You can’t. It’s in the bill. It was in this amendment that Boehner read.”

Does anyone have a link to the complete House Bill?

Some flashbacks:

I recall the first stimulus bill was published in a non- searchable format to prevent searches on keywords.

Obama promised transparency and said any legislation he signed would be posted online 72 hours before he signed it to give the public a chance to read and comment on it.

diogenes on June 29, 2009 at 9:44 PM