One last Troopathon update!

posted at 8:37 pm on June 25, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Words can’t express the gratitude and awe I have for bloggers and blog readers tonight.  With just about three and a half hours left in Troopathon 2009, the blogosphere has raised more than $47,000 dollars to buy care packages for our troops on the front lines of the war on terror.  When Move America Forward asked me to lead a team in the competition, I aimed to break five figures, and gave it a 50/50 chance of succeeding.  As of 8:30 pm ET, the Hot Air Steamers have raised $23,029!

There’s still a little time left!  All you have to do is click here to donate through the Steamers’ page, and we can make even more of the troops happy!

The Greyhawks continue to impress at the end, now above $16,000.  The Anti-Jihadists are now above $7400.  Be sure to check out the team page, and keep up with the final tallies.

Here are your Hot Air Steamers, with graphic courtesy of Yid with Lid:

Comments

luv the logo.

SHARPTOOTH on June 25, 2009 at 8:46 PM

WOOT WOOT!

WisCon on June 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Very nice. What a great cause to boot.

Hog Wild on June 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Thanks, this was fun.

Cindy Munford on June 25, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Thank you Ed. Very good job.

Loxodonta on June 25, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Funny, logo, sweet. I’ll never look at steamed lobster the same way again.
;)

Lourdes on June 25, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Wait, there are only NINE STEAMERS in the pot but there areTWELVE STEAMING BLOGGERS (thirteen if you include the pot itself, HOT AIR).

So which one of of the STEAMERS is down there in the bottom of the Pot as the Betas?

Lourdes on June 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM

That’s a lobster? I was thinking it was more of a crab? :)

F15Mech on June 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Way to go guys. In all the bloggers contributed about $52,000 to the Troopathon

stix1972 on June 26, 2009 at 1:12 PM

That’s a lobster? I was thinking it was more of a crab? :)

F15Mech on June 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Right, THAT’s a crab (shown) but I was thinking about the remaining unshown Steamers, who, among which just could be a lobster steamer down there IN the pot.

If you catch me’ drift…