Michael Jackson suffers massive heart attack, in critical condition; TMZ: Jackson dead

posted at 5:25 pm on June 25, 2009 by Allahpundit

He wasn’t breathing when the paramedics got there and he’s in “really bad shape” in the hospital according to a family member. Apart from feeling instinctive human sympathy for his suffering, I’m not sure how to react. He’s super famous — yet mostly famous at this point for being a walking freak show. He’s had a tough life psychologically — but might very well be a child molester. In a sense this is huge news, yet in another sense I’m not sure why anyone would much care these days. I’ve completely lost my news bearings!

Stand by for (hopefully happy) updates.

Update: A sentiment we can all hopefully agree upon: “Thriller” was a simply dynamite album.

Update: RIP.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We’re told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince “Blanket” Michael Jackson II.

Let the overdose speculation begin.

Update: Writes Jim Treacher of Jacko’s and Farrah Fawcett’s demise, “How many more icons of my youth can we lose in one day? Stay strong, Hasselhoff. Stay strong.”

Update: As of 6:10 ET, TMZ’s still the one and only news outlet I know that’s reporting Jackson died. Then again, they were also the first to report that he’d had a heart attack so their sources presumably are solid. Even so, the LA Times claims Jackson’s in a coma. If TMZ jumped the gun, it’ll be a journalistic blunder for the ages.

Update: OK magazine is also reporting he died. Interesting how the celebrity gossip sites are way ahead of the legit news organizations.

Update: Sad confirmation from the LA Times that he is indeed dead. What a scoop by TMZ.

Update: Still the best video ever, but then a Romero fan would say that. Click the image to watch.

Update: Needless to say, this is going to be one interesting autopsy.

Update: I wonder which multimillionaire talking-head cable news anchor will be the first to complain that they have to cover this story, as if it’s beneath them.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 12 13 14

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Starting to feel a pang?
I never was much of a MJ fan. I’m the one person on the Earth who never bought the Thriller album.
It’s just that I can’t abid a snotnosed punk who thinks it’s his mission in life to sit up at the computer all night pissing on another mans grave.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Who was that cardboard cut out that Cartman danced with? Justin Timberlake? I can’t remember…

ladyingray on June 26, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Okay….pet peeve time.

To those of you who are going on about how things “come in threes”…if you don’t put a time limit on it, everything comes in threes…or fives…or sevens…

I mean, come on!

ladyingray on June 26, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Starting to feel a pang?

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM

You seem awful defensive about the memory of a sick individual who thought he was above the law and common decency. How’s the MJ shrine coming along?
So you spend hours moonwalking at night wearing a mask and a glove?

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 9:25 AM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 9:13 AM

ladyingray on June 26, 2009 at 9:21 AM

LOL..I’m not sure. But I do know, like me, he really hates hippies.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 9:29 AM

LOL..I’m not sure. But I do know, like me, he really hates hippies.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 9:29 AM

yeah…me too.

ladyingray on June 26, 2009 at 9:45 AM

LOL..I’m not sure. But I do know, like me, he really hates hippies.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 9:29 AM

yeah…me too.

ladyingray on June 26, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Using Monty Burns Voice: “Excellent”

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 9:59 AM

About the only celeb I will mourn when they pass is William Shatner. He is not a perfect human, but he made kids of my generation believe in Heroes.

GunRunner on June 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM

GunRunner on June 26, 2009 at 10:10 AM

This is unreal..another celebrity worshipper.
Hey,Star Trek isn’t REAL..T.J. Hooker isn’t REAL..nothing he’s done is REAL..he’s an ACTOR.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Wha…………?????

You mean he’s not really a priceline negotiator?

BallisticBob on June 26, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Wha…………?????

You mean he’s not really a priceline negotiator?

BallisticBob on June 26, 2009 at 10:23 AM

LOL..THAT might be true, but not a hero

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I think it will be a travesty if Obama doesn’t order flags flown at half-staff, as well as a state funeral. Jackson was as much as an icon and important to America as any politician.

dcwvu on June 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Umm… that’s a bit insane. He made good music; he didn’t bring peace to the Middle East or anything.

That 13-year old cancer victim and his mom were shady at best anyway. If they said Rush or Palin did what they claimed Jackson did, y’all would be immediately calling them phonies and liars, only after money.

JetBoy on June 26, 2009 at 6:49 AM

Sure, but the first kid didn’t seem as shady, and the fact that he let kids in bed with him or the fact that he even had sleepovers with children, really doesn’t help. If Palin starts spending the night with children who aren’t hers, I’ll stop defending her.

Still, I agree with the rest of your point. I think his music stands alone. If I couldn’t think that way, then I’d never get to listen to anything, as most of them are liberal douches anyway.

I’m the one person on the Earth who never bought the Thriller album.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I never did either. No one in my household did. When I was growing up, we could only listen to Christian music. The one exception was the New Kids (and that’s probably just because I was weird enough as it was around other kids).

Esthier on June 26, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I’m the one person on the Earth who never bought the Thriller album.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I never bought any of his albums, not even the Jackson 5 ones.

Disturb the Universe on June 26, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Somehow I doubt all the media coverage of this guy’s death will make him any less dead.

Ryan Gandy on June 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM

dcwvu on June 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM

If you think about it, this makes perfect sense. Michael Jackson epitomizes what is currently happening with this country and this current administration. He lived a celebrity lifestyle, lived by his own rules, and left his children with a debt that they will never be able to repay. Hmmmm, sounds familiar doesn’t it?

libertylady on June 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM

He gets narcotic injections at home.

I have to threaten and cajole to get a beer delivered to my Lazy-Boy.

Akzed on June 26, 2009 at 10:48 AM

libertylady on June 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM

things that make you go Hmmmmmmm…..

cmsinaz on June 26, 2009 at 10:49 AM

When I was growing up, we could only listen to Christian music.

Esthier on June 26, 2009 at 10:32 AM

Ohhhh, MAN. I am so sorry.

loganthompson on June 26, 2009 at 10:49 AM

libertylady on June 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM

And he submitted to Islam.

Michael Jackson is America.

Disturb the Universe on June 26, 2009 at 10:51 AM

What is the comment record? This has to be getting close!

dcwvu on June 26, 2009 at 10:56 AM

That’s the point really. If an asexual recluse with more money then God, to spend on Tax lawyers and accountants, can be left pennyless by our government, what chance do you and I have?

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 11:00 AM

What is the comment record? This has to be getting close!

dcwvu on June 26, 2009 at 10:56 AM
dribbler.

Americannodash on June 26, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I’m the one person on the Earth who never bought the Thriller album.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I never bought any of his albums, not even the Jackson 5 ones.

Disturb the Universe on June 26, 2009 at 10:38 AM

I haven’t either but keep it down or the DEMS will call us racists

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM

I haven’t either but keep it down or the DEMS will call us racists

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Didn’t MJ stop being black about 30 years ago?

Disturb the Universe on June 26, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Jackson Family — Demerol Shot Caused Death
Posted Jun 26th 2009 9:56AM by TMZ Staff

A close member of Michael Jackson’s family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine — Demerol — and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was “too much” and that’s what caused his death.

Disturb the Universe on June 26, 2009 at 11:18 AM

What is the comment record? This has to be getting close!

dcwvu on June 26, 2009 at 10:56 AM

The Neda thread the other day went over 1200. The Iran uprising thread before that went over 2300. All in the last week.

califcon on June 26, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Hopefully, if there is an afterlife, he is happier now.
Anyone who would self-mutilate to his degree was not a happy person.l

riverrat10k on June 26, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Jees Anna this thread being 13 pages deep and all – you don’t seem too determined to start the forgetting process.
Seems to me like you are dwelling. Picking at the scab a bit.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 9:07 AM

No, I’m just bored. Can’t watch tv, so I’m on the internet. Apparently written sarcasm isn’t too conveyable online – like I’d be able to forget with Jackson’s death blaring from every angle.

Chort, it’s not like I was here all night. I had tooth fairy duties.

Anna on June 26, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Mark Steyn will now present the eulogy.

It’s funny and dismissive.

Kralizec on June 26, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Okay….pet peeve time.

I mean, come on!

ladyingray on June 26, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Who will be the other two people saying this? :)

GoodBoy on June 26, 2009 at 12:22 PM

libertylady on June 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM

MJ epitomized little beyond himself. There are millions of other lives to look at for more relevant examples of good or bad decision making.

By the age of 8 he was touring extensively, sometimes opening for strippers. When he was 11 he was the star of an act that had 4 #1 singles, and would soon have their own TV shows and merchandising.

His childhood consisted of working and being beaten by his father. He had little academic education and most of his friends were adults in the music business. When he achieved even bigger success around the age of 20 he seems to have used his considerable wealth to escape from reality.

If anything, a basic lesson is drugs. No matter how much money, wealth, talent you have relying on drugs makes you weaker. For some people it just numbs them for decades, for Jackson and others it leads to a downward spiral.

dedalus on June 26, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I’m surprised he lived as long as he did, frankly, given his obvious addiction. Bad stuff….may he rest in peace.

AnninCA on June 26, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Michael Jackson was a selfish pig that ruined little kids lives to satisfy his sick, pathetic desires and anyone that supports an obvious deviant like him is an accessory to a pedophile.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 3:55 PM

You forgot the lipstick.

Geochelone on June 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Things might come in fours…David Carridines (sp) been dead, what a couple of weeks? Awwwe, people die everyday, even famous ones, some more famous than others. Please stop already with that ‘three’ thing!!

DanaSmiles on June 26, 2009 at 6:10 PM

Farrah from her death bed was still trying to make enough money to pay for her coffin.
Michael Jackson has died pennyless.
Ed McMahon forced to do go back to work literally days before he passed, after a lifetime of television fame.

You think this is a coincidence? Wake up morons. This is the predator government you reelect year after year.

You think it’s just a recent development or it only applies to actors?
Ever been to Hearst Castle? You know who inherited it? Patty Hearst is still around and it will cost her $45 to visit.
Why do you suppose the caretakers wear California bear flag insignia?

“Michael Jackson is this or that.”

How do you know? Because the LATimes, Dan Rather, Peter Jennings, Tom Brockaw, and Bill Moyer, told you so.
When did you decide that those media organs/pampered liberal lap dogs, became reliable neutral fair information sources?

Why would they lie? I can think of millions of reasons.
Don’t buy the lie.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Jeff what’s the matter with you? Did Poppie touch Jeffie’s little wee wee when he was a snookums?
You should take those personal issues up with Daddy, instead of beating on a dead man.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 6:53 PM

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 6:53 PM

We might wonder WHY someone would defend a pedophile. Hmmm now WHO would defend a pedophile..Hmmm

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Add Carradine and that makes four. Add in Ears and Moron and it’ll be a handy 6 pack.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Say it to my face coward.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Alleged pedophile. Tried and aquitted.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Must have been a bummer finding an attorney.

papertiger on June 26, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Okay….pet peeve time.

I mean, come on!

ladyingray on June 26, 2009 at 9:23 AM

First there was Ramses, then there was Julius Caesar and NOW Michael Jackson!! Death DOES come in threes!!

Charles Martel on June 27, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Charles Martel on June 27, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Are you equating Jackson with two historical figures who governed two different empires?

I didn’t realize the Pedophilia was a country.

Jeff from WI on June 27, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Well…that’s ENOUGH…No need to go on about him any more.He’s wasted too much of our time already. On to more important things.

Jeff from WI on June 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I’ve never been, or claimed to be a fan of Michael Jackson or his music. But that’s simply my own personal taste.

There’s no denying that the man single-handedly changed the entire music industry, worldwide. Love him or hate him, what he did particularly in the 1980s was truly revolutionary. MTV (although it’s a complete and utter joke today, and has been for at least a decade) would never have gotten off the ground without him.

The only other people who had anywhere near his influence on pop culture, throughout the entire 20th century, were Elvis Presley and the Beatles. Think about that.

Cylor on June 27, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I didn’t realize the Pedophilia was a country.

Jeff from WI on June 27, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Caesar probably had sex with more than a few young boys. We don’t discount his role in history because of it. The one silver lining in the death of MJ is that he will no longer physically and morally deteriorate before our eyes. Music fans can focus on his body of work which will likely be listened to for a long time.

dedalus on June 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I didn’t realize the Pedophilia was a country.

Jeff from WI on June 27, 2009 at 8:04 AM

He’s making a joke. And not a bad one either. As to Jackson, yes he was a pedophile and I do question why some people continue to be in denial about it.

Blake on June 27, 2009 at 7:41 PM