Fox News “news coverage” of Jackson’s death includes full-length music videos without news

posted at 9:00 pm on June 25, 2009 by Allahpundit

If I hadn’t seen the clip myself, I wouldn’t have believed Ace’s post. The most charitable spin I can put on this is that Shep might have needed to sneak a bathroom break. Although even then, three minutes of commercials would have been more dignified.

It’s going to be a long, long week, kids. And if you think the media coverage is maudlin and insufferable now, just wait. This is the calm before the storm.

Update: Like I said in the other thread, this is going to be one interesting autopsy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I’m a conservative democrat who watches a lot of FOX NEWS. At 6:00pm EDT I go to watch Bret Baier To hear about CAP AND TRADE bill,HEATHCARE REFORM,and maybe some coverage of Obama speaking about a possible amnesty this year instead I get coverage of this freak show,a pedophile in my opinion who should be in jail. I’m sorry for his families loss but I have little regard for this man or his music and I was a teen during the eighties. Sorry folks but I want to know about pieces of legislation that could raise my energy costs,restrict healthcare and reward people who broke into my country with legislation that will make them and their relatives through chain migration citizens.

PTN 39 on June 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM

jazz_piano on June 25, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Well, the weather is great but the media is annoying.

BTW, it is sad that Jackson, Fawcett, and McMahon passed away. (I’ve always thought Michael’s life in particular turned out quite sad despite his success.) However, the relentless media coverage of celebrity here is way over the top.

unwashed minion on June 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Has anyone seen the “family attorney,” Brian Oxman? Oh, God. No wonder MJ ended up this way. This guy is a joke and it is scary that this jackass is practicing law. Theatrical diva.

mimi1220 on June 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM

PTN 39 on June 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM

There is hope for you yet! Come on over to the light!

TXMomof3 on June 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM

It’s always sad when someone dies, and I come to Hotair and realize how many truly horrible human beings comment here.

DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM

It is not always sad when someone dies.

myrenovations on June 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM

PTN:

I was kind of surprised that Shep was on myself. I actually checked the time again, I thought I might have turned on the News too late, but no there was Shep.

Terrye on June 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Bigfoot
Sir Georg Solti died around the same time as Di too.
When I was in high school I wrote a letter to Maestro Solti that he not only personally answered but he mailed it from the CSO’s London office. It’s not every day that a h.s. freshman gets a letter from someone of his stature via air mail.
When he died I sent a card to Orchestra Hall mentioning the letter and in response got a hand-addressed anything but mass produced card.
Even in death the man had class!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM

We have a CRAP AND TRADE vote coming up tomorrow. Does anyone really think that Michael Jackson or Farrah Fawcett gave a crap about what real people were going to vote for with regard to all the sh$t that’s coming at us? Why are their deaths so important? Fox really disappointed me this afternoon. I had to turn the channel. On every channel that carries news, it’s like there is no news. It’s all about Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett. Guess what, people? If you had died today, do you think anyone would give a crap about it? Or do you think that the media would carry it like it was important? I’m sorry they’re dead. But it happens to us all at some point in time. Enough is enough. There is no such thing as News any longer. It’s what’s the most sensationalistic story at the moment no matter how unimportant it is and drive it into the ground. There are too many votes coming before our congress right now and too many very important things, such as healthcare and energy bills that are going to affect us, that we’re all going to get screwed on by Congress and the Obama. Get a grip, people. I knew a couple of just regular Americans that died this week, but the media didn’t cover their deaths. Why are they so much less important than the so-called celebrities that died this week. I’m not saying don’t report the story, but, my goodness, do you have to run it into the ground? Talking about beating a dead horse, the so-called news media just buried it.

lsbblack on June 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Hey Dave, I’m not trying to start a war or anything, but there are a lot of abused children that do not have questionable relationships with little kids. Abuse, however horrible is no excuse for his later actions.

TXMomof3 on June 25, 2009 at 10:09 PM

First of all, no… very few people have Michael Jackson’s childhood.

He was accused of abuse by the child of a clearly insane, manipulative woman who was regularly laughed at in the court room, and by a security guard who had a bad history with Jackson and who couldn’t even keep his own story straight. Countless other kids said that they used to go to his sleepovers and that there was nothing sexual about it at all.

Is he a “freakshow”? Damn straight, but we’re talking about a guy who lived on a “Neverland Ranch” and who was described by a psychologist (working on behalf of an accuser, no less) as a “regressed 10 year old who doesn’t fit the profile of a child molester.”

I think he’s just an easy target for people who think they can squeeze money out of him (hell, he had kids sleeping in his bed… should be an easy few million if you’re so inclined, no?), and he’s easy for people (like many in this thread) to talk trash about as a means of feeling better about themselves somehow.

DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Why did he settle out of court if he was innocent? If it were my reputation on the line and I didn’t do anything wrong, the last thing I would do is settle out of court, basically admitting guilt.

Riddle me that one.

Thunderstorm129 on June 25, 2009 at 10:27 PM

PTN 39 on June 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Why are you a democrat…?

bigjack on June 25, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Michael Jackson dies and your getting pissy that Fox News showed two minutes of his music. What the hell is wrong with you? Don’t be a jerk.

SoulGlo on June 25, 2009 at 10:27 PM

More? I could go on.

splink on June 25, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Sorry, a superfluous comma distracted from the fact that I was judging people on this thread. Interestingly, its always the same handful of people who come across as inhuman a–holes after someone dies (or gets brain cancer, as was the case with Ted Kennedy).

DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:27 PM

When Liz Taylor kicks the bucket, I expect to see Shep decked out in a black dress and mourning veil.

Terry_Dyne on June 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM

…channel flippin. Husband, “j-know MJ died today?”. Me, “yup.” Him, “Makes me want to watch Hispanic TV.”

LEBA on June 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM

I’ll bet you still believe that OJ was innocent too, right?

HornetSting on June 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

oh. /sarc.

LEBA on June 25, 2009 at 10:31 PM

DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:25 PM
I’ll bet you still believe that OJ was innocent too, right?

HornetSting on June 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Aw hell you done done it now. You starting fires all over the place you little pot stirrer! HAHAHAHA! LMAO!

LSUMama on June 25, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Terry_Dyne on June 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM

No, Barbara Streisand.

HornetSting on June 25, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I loved it. MJ was an icon to the black community. I cried today over the death of a celebrity….that’s how it was for me.

Chudi on June 25, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Can someone help me flat-line for the next week……please revive me when the nuttyness is over.

David in ATL on June 25, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I, too, feel badly for Farrah not getting the coverage she deserves. I am truly sad for her passing. She seemed to have found the Lord in her last days.

-Aslan’s Girl

If that is the case then she doesn’t give a whit about what is going on in this world, she is absent from the body & face-to-face with the Lord- no more sorrow, no more pain, no more tears, no more death. I sure hope so, how did you hear about this if you don’t mind my asking?

kg598301 on June 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM

PTN 39 on June 25, 2009 at 10:14 PM

You’re a WHAT!!??…It’s YOUR party destroying us!!!
Conservative Democrat is like a Christian Democrat..
Neither are possible!

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 10:42 PM

MJ was an icon to the black community.

Sorry, what community?

splink on June 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I’d of thought he’d be an icon to NAMBLA

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM

HornetSting on June 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

LSUMama on June 25, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Reminds me of home…you done done it now!

HornetSting on June 25, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I heard he was shot…something about a book depository.

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Can’t typ e well tearin u p t oo bad because of M ike

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Okay. This jackson thing has now jumped the shark.

portlandon on June 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM

splink on June 25, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I just resent what this country has devolved to, that we have to have wall to wall coverage of his – or any celebrity’s – death … Fox breaking news alert: Anna Nicole Smith is dead.”

I mean, really. You know?

I know… Anna Nicole coverage was pure ratings-0driven sensationalism. Michael Jackson is actually an iconic figure who deserves it. He isn’t “any celebrity” and he certainly isn’t Anna Nicole. He’s the Elvis of the generation that is now 30-somethings and younger.

DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM

lsbblack on June 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

lsbblack on June 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Yes lsbblack, we do realize all of those things. Take a few deep breaths & go to your “happy place”. We’ll talk later. lol

kg598301 on June 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I’ll bet you still believe that OJ was innocent too, right?

HornetSting on June 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

No… with OJ there was overwhelming evidence that he was guilty. That isn’t the case with Jackson.

DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:58 PM

There is that whole concept of not speaking ill of the dead. If you can’t say anyting good, don’t say anything at all.

The one thing that is beyond question with Michael Jackson is that he was an amazing talent. RIP.

EconomicNeocon on June 25, 2009 at 9:18 PM

+10

However, I must say that Shepherd Smith is just getting harder to watch. I can only tolerate him for short bursts of time because he has become insufferably pompous. He no longer reports the news but gives his opinions instead (he seems to be wrong often when it comes to facts).

As for Geraldo, I turned him off long ago.

sarahpalinfan99 on June 25, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Okay. This jackson thing has now jumped the shark.

portlandon on June 25, 2009 at 10:53 PM

The sad thing is that the cheeto was put up for auction a week ago. If this turns out to be murder, we have our first suspect.

DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Jesus Juice Sales going through the roof. Pick up a handy 6 pack.

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:00 PM

The music videos must be very disconcerting to the angry fly-over folk looking for what color the terror alert level is.

simplesimon on June 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM

SoulGlo on June 25, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Plus non-stop Jackson coverage since about 6 p.m. WTF? And I grew up on his early music. The Fox coverage is ridiculous. Who cares what Joe Pesci has to say about him?

BuckeyeSam on June 25, 2009 at 11:02 PM

why the hate for fox.. CNN was doing this as well, for instance they played the dance intro to thriller..

triple on June 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM

triple on June 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Because people expect a bit more from Fox.

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM

A video back a while where Bill Maher claims being gently masturbated by Michael Jackson is not that bad…

Oh wait this is the MJ comment.

But you have to get through Bill Maher doing this to Barack Obama.

Mr. Joe on June 25, 2009 at 11:08 PM

simplesimon on June 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM

You know, some of us are concerned that they are voting on a 1200 page tax tomorrow, are concerned about the continuing violence in Iran, the rhetoric coming from Lil’ Kim, socialized medicine, and an economy that is still swirling in the tank.

Maybe the non-stop Mark Sanford and Michael Jackson coverage is too distracting to things that matter to us adults.

Wolftech on June 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

simplesimon on June 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Wolftech on June 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM

sorry for the double post… net is acting flaky.

Wolftech on June 25, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Too bad the ABC Obamacare infomercial wasn’t tonight.

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:18 PM

simplesimon on June 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Music videos are the work of the devil

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:26 PM

He’s the Elvis of the generation that is now 30-somethings and younger.

DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM

He died with his head in a toilet?

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM

So much for Farrah Fawcett’s death.

mizflame98 on June 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

So much for Farrah Fawcett’s death.

mizflame98 on June 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Has there been one mention of it on HA?

csdeven on June 25, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Any chance we can get MJs doctor to be the Presidential doctor?

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Does anyone remember when a graphic showing BREAKING NEWS was actually about breaking news? Jackson has been room temperature for about 12 hours now… yet Fox is still listing it as breaking news.

And, is it just me, or are Shep’s eyes moving further apart?

cannonball on June 25, 2009 at 11:45 PM

MJ is newsworthy… give him 5, heck, give him 10 minutes. Beyond that is really too much, this hours long of 100% coverage is insane.

Rebar on June 25, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Re original post, I watched ABC World News Tonight (I know, it was terrible) and they basically did the same thing. NBC showed long clips from Thriller and BBC just talked about Michael while helicopter cameras filmed hospital.

darii on June 25, 2009 at 11:46 PM

GenY bumper sticker:

Obama Joked, Michael Croaked.

cannonball on June 25, 2009 at 11:47 PM

He’s the Elvis of the generation that is now 30-somethings and younger.
DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM

He died with his head in a toilet?
Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Q: What was the last thing Elvis said?
A: Corn?

cannonball on June 25, 2009 at 11:48 PM

He’s the Elvis of the generation that is now 30-somethings and younger.
DaveS on June 25, 2009 at 10:55 PM

He died with his head in a toilet?
Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Q: What was the last thing Elvis said?
A: Corn?

cannonball on June 25, 2009 at 11:48 PM

ROFL

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Will Obama wait a few days before deciding if he’s for or against MJ’s death?

Crusty on June 26, 2009 at 12:06 AM

I know I got hit with the Goldblum rumor, so let me redeem myself.

There is absolutely NO truth to the rumor that since Jackson’s body is over 90% plastic, it will be melted down into LEGO blocks so little kids can play with HIM for a change.

Again, this rumor is totaly untrue.

kurtzz3 on June 26, 2009 at 12:08 AM

After listening (and changing the channel) to Shep and Geraldo talking about Jackson, i.e. “transparent, like you could almost see bones through him if light was behind him” and then actually called him a vampire.
Total silence instead of commentary would have been appreciated after their garbage.

JeffinOrlando on June 26, 2009 at 12:09 AM

So does this mean that MJ will be in hell like #3?

simplesimon on June 26, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Where the hell is the news media??? Michael Jakson dies and it is a bigger story than the brave protesters in Iran! Farah Fawcette died , Ed McMhan died, is there meaning in all of this? God knows we are all going to die but to treat MJ as if he were a person to look up to? Where are the children who were molested by this wacko?
Media my ass!

inspectorudy on June 26, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Somebody please make it stop!!!!

DSchoen on June 26, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Just goes to show that the media, including Fox, is all about SHOW… not about whats important…

or, even what many of us care about.

Notice how many shows are about how the Media covers things? ie… the media talking about itself?

How many times does O”Reily have on other news folks, instead of those who actualy MAKE the news… or know anything about the subject.

News has become a Media Echo Chamber… where the MEDIA is more important than what is going on in the real world.

Romeo13 on June 26, 2009 at 12:24 AM

As someone who is moderate, who is a RINO, who votes for the Democratic a third of the time, I just want to say that it’s really a shame that our nation didn’t execute Walter Conkrite for treason back in the 1970′s. Conkrite did everything he could to aid people who would have like to destroy our government–though they weren’t close to doing so. What the people Conkrite aided did do was to bring gulags and petty coercion to several countries with Conkrite’s active connivance. Conkrite’s grave should be pissed on.

If my statements sound extreme, and I’m not an extreme person, I invite you consider that victims of the regimes that Conkrite aided. Start with the Killing Fields of Cambodia. Perhaps, I’m no longer so extreme.

thuja on June 26, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Melty-face kiddie diddler dies. World mourns.

Terry_Dyne on June 26, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Fox really needs to dump Shep and Geraldo, coupla blubbering fools.

infidel4life on June 26, 2009 at 1:03 AM

Madonna just checked in for a full battery of physical tests.

We’re running out of entertainment icons folks.

Mojave Mark on June 26, 2009 at 1:08 AM

We need to start a first autopsy photos on the net pool.

DFCtomm on June 26, 2009 at 1:35 AM

I gave up on television and network news when they stopped giving the news and went to dramatic readings. Every anchor on FOX reads the news like someone is squeezing their gonads.

Jdripper on June 26, 2009 at 1:59 AM

We need to start a first autopsy photos on the net pool.

DFCtomm on June 26, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Ain’t that the truth. But if some rich guy buys them and is a fan he’ll lock them up in a vault somewhere…like the JFK-Monroe film. But, why anybody would want to see an autopsy pic, much less pay a lot of money for it is beyond me.

Also, I was wondering if his ‘entourage’ can file for unemployment, or possibly some kind of Federal stimulus money?

Anybody need some big dude to hold an umbrella over you to keep the sun off?

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 26, 2009 at 2:10 AM

He will probably have a public funeral with 1 billion+ tuning in worldwide. Get ready for a Diana-like week of nonstop coverage, folks.

dcwvu on June 26, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Get ready for a Diana-like week of nonstop coverage, folks.

dcwvu on June 26, 2009 at 2:33 AM

You’re right. Oh joy. And the kooky conspiracy theories can’t be far behind.

Good thing I have a couple of new books to read…

infidel4life on June 26, 2009 at 2:53 AM

Where was all this fuss when Jerry Garcia died?

Sheikh Yerbouti on June 26, 2009 at 3:03 AM

For all the bashing here Michael Jackson was a pop icon for a whole generation…regardless of his later behavior you can not deny that Thriller was the single biggest selling album in history. Is the coverage over the top yes a bit but think if we would have had all news type stations when Buddy Holly died, or Elvis or even when John Lennon was shot..it is just a sign of the times just like the internet

JKotthoff on June 26, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Michael who?
Yawn.
Hey I wonder what’s happening in North Korea?

Kenosha Kid on June 26, 2009 at 3:53 AM

“Why did he settle out of court if he was innocent? If it were my reputation on the line and I didn’t do anything wrong, the last thing I would do is settle out of court, basically admitting guilt…Riddle me that one.”

It’s called hedging. While Jacko was probably guilty as sin, some defendents in the more egregious ritual abuse cases of the 80′s and 90′s were offered extreme plea deals: plead guilty and get 6 months, or go to trial and get life if you lose.

kd6rxl on June 26, 2009 at 4:30 AM

This is nonsense.

If Fox wants to be considered a serious news channel, it should can this garbage right now — and get back to reporting the news.

I guess we can’t trust any MSM, even the ones we like. :(

Evil Pundit on June 26, 2009 at 4:55 AM

Where was all this fuss when Jerry Garcia died?

Sheikh Yerbouti on June 26, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Wasn’t he that fat old hippie burn out?

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 6:47 AM

triple on June 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Because people expect a bit more from Fox.

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Why do you expect more from FOX? You haven’t been watching these twits long enough obviously! I quit them years ago and my life is fine! They are no different than the rest!

The media sucks! All of them…all the time!

Michael Jackson? Sorry he died but he was absolutely a freak who probably molested children! Just look at the pictures of him! And don’t give us the “victim” crap! The guy was loaded! He could have lived a normal useful life but chose to live as a creep!

sabbott on June 26, 2009 at 7:05 AM

I said a bit more, not much, just a bit.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Sniff..Sniff…Jerry Garcia is dead too!….I don’t thi…sniff…think I can go on! Jerry Garcia, wasn’t he the fat sergeant on the old Disney Zorro series?!

No, my mistake..he was the…sniff..fat 50 year old graying hippie that looked 90 from all the drugs….sniff..sniff…

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Get ready for a Diana-like week of nonstop coverage, folks.

dcwvu on June 26, 2009 at 2:33 AM

I’m sure we’ll see Jackson wearing his Princess Wedding Dress too.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Well…Yes Michael Jackson himself isn’t news but who he was and how he died is news.

Fox has lots shows that are not news. Hannity, O’reilly Greta, Geraldo

So whats the issue?

Last night anything Michael Jackson was news. For the next several days it will continue to be news.

Some love him, Some hate him, but all talk about him!!!

kanda on June 26, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Some love him, Some hate him, but all talk about him!!!

kanda on June 26, 2009 at 7:29 AM

Put me in the column of mumbling about him incoherently, cursing his name.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 7:30 AM

Even without the molestation charges, Michael Jackson was a pervert. His overtly sexual dance moves and lyrics (Keep it in the Closet comes to mind) added to the worsening of our culture. His being a superstar made his vulgarity that much worse for our society. Early Michael was brilliant, but the Michael of the last 20+ years (starting with the crotch grabs) was anything but.

This is why the wall-to-wall coverage, esp. on Fox, is so disgusting to me. The media is lifting him up as a sort of god, when even without his legal controversies, he was not a role model. If he was all goodness and light it would still be too much coverage obviously, but at least then our country would be remebering a good and healthy role model. Jackson was not.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 26, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Now, now. Thats no way to talk about Rush.

dcwvu on June 26, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Anderson Cooper…

“When I was 10, for some odd reason, I went to Studio 54 with Michael Jackson and a bunch of people and I had no idea who he was and I saw him dance and I was like, Oh, that guy is a really good dancer.”

Later, he tantalizingly added: “Why I was at Studio 54 is a whole other story…

Deanna on June 26, 2009 at 7:36 AM

kanda, Sean Hannity, Beck, Greta… discuss news topics with great analytical insight with their guests. They were sorely missed by me today. Sean would’ve discussed crap-n-trade, I’m sure of it. I even missed O’Reilly tonight. And it wasn’t just Fox’s pundits who got the shaft tonight, they even threw out their flagship evening news program “Special Report”, which meant no Krauthammer (at least, I know the first ten minutes was spent with Brett interviewing Greta and it looked like that was the whole show… I changed the channel about then so I can’t swear to no other coverage, but from reports here, I’m pretty sure everything else got thrown out tonight). No news from Iran, no news on cap-n-trade, in other words, no NEWS.

A disgrace.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 7:26 AM

Now, now. Thats no way to talk about Rush.

dcwvu on June 26, 2009 at 7:34 AM

LOL…No, not Rush. He’s lost some weight, I heard, he’s certainly ALIVE making millions in Florida, soaking up the sun. I don’t think he was ever a hippie, seems to intelligent for that, but I could be wrong.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

A disgrace.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM

You miss my point. My point is those you mentioned have more in common with Michael Jackson than they do with Walter Cornkite. All of them are entertainers not newspersons.

You discuss news topics also but you are not a newsperson.

Michael Jackson is news…Big News. Very Big News. Like it or not he was the news last night.

And there was other news throughout the night but the majority of the evening was about Michael Jackson. It was a nice break from the doom and gloom reporting on all the cable news channels of the past 5 months don’t you agree?

kanda on June 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

kanda on June 26, 2009 at 7:49 AM

I guess I have to agree. Coverage of the death of a “man” that allegedly attacked children is a nice break from Lord High Obama destroying this country.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Uh, no. I like the cold hard truth in my news, not silly nonsenseical FLUFF about a man who was a terrible role model, very possibly molested children, and was otherwise a freak. He has NO bearing on the REAL world, which is the world that I inhabit. We needed Sean, et al today because they would’ve been encouraging viewers to call their reps and senators to vote NO on crap-n-trade. But, if you prefer hiding your head in the sand…

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM

I. don´t. care.

el gordo on June 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM

And, again, Fox’s evening news show, “Special Report” which is not hosted by a pundit, got the shaft tonight, too.

Walter Cronkite is no one to be lifting up as any sort of journalist, by the way.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM

One other point wrt Fox’s coverage… Fox’s audience is conservative and conservatives generally don’t like “entertainers” who grab their crotch, sing highly suggestive lyrics, and might have molested children. We’re funny that way. In other words,Fox completely misjudged their loyal audience tonight with all the crap they shoved at us. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to find that tonight their ratings tanked. I know I kept away for the most part and watched other programming.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on June 26, 2009 at 7:58 AM

You are entitled to that opinion. I was using it for comparison you your idols on fox. Walter was conceited jerk for causing my war to be lost but he was a great newsman regardless of the fact I hate his guts.

kanda on June 26, 2009 at 8:03 AM