Weenie diplomacy now out?

posted at 12:57 pm on June 24, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Less than 24 hours after Barack Obama insisted that an invite to America’s July 4th celebrations remained open to Iranian diplomats, the State Department has begun to realize what a bad idea it truly is.  According to CNN, “senior administration officials” will rethink the invite, which has been widely derided as “hot dog” or — even better and more descriptively — “weenie diplomacy” (via Jim Geraghty, Yid with Lid):

The Obama administration is seriously considering not extending invitations to Iranian diplomats for July 4 celebrations overseas, senior administration officials tell CNN.

The officials said intense discussions on the issue were taking place, but the final decision had not been made.

Late last month the State Department sent a cable to its embassies and consulates worldwide informing them they “may invite representatives from the government of Iran” to their July 4th celebrations. …

But officials said the violence against protesters that has ensued since the June 12 election has caused the administration to rethink the timing of such engagement.

One senior administration official said Wednesday the reconsideration of the July 4th invitations is consistent with Obama’s comments Tuesday, in which he said he was “shocked and appalled” at the violence against demonstrators.

What took State and the White House so long?  Perhaps the widespread disgust over Obama’s answer on weenie diplomacy yesterday had something to do with it:

Q    Are Iranian diplomats still welcome at the embassy on the Fourth of July, sir?

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, I think as you’re aware, Major, we don’t have formal diplomatic relations with — we don’t have formal diplomatic relations with Iran. I think that we have said that if Iran chooses a path that abides by international norms and principles, then we are interested in healing some of the wounds of 30 years, in terms of U.S.-Iranian relations. But that is a choice that the Iranians are going to have to make.

Besides, what Independence Day values would the Iranian regime want to celebrate with us?  Freedom of speech?  Freedom of religion?  The freedom to peaceably assemble or petition government for a redress of grievances?  Obama himself insists that he’s supporting these, while inviting the same regime that explicitly opposes them to celebrate our freedoms.

That’s not a choice that Iranians make, Mr. President, but a choice the oppressive regime makes for them.  We should be ashamed of ourselves for inviting them to celebrate those freedoms while they deny them to their own people.  The fact that it’s taken this long to just get it reconsidered is simply shameful.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The really scary part is that despite the fact that Carter’s foreign policy record was dismal and his subsequent anti-Semetic comments shows his true colors- Obama still consults Carter on stuff like this.

highhopes on June 24, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Well , he needs a moderate voice to nuance things..

the_nile on June 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Geez, I’m really disappointed now!

Barack HUSSEIN Obama (PBUH)(SWT)(SAW) as extended US Citizen Rights, such as the “Right” to be Mirandized, to Terrorists overseas!

You would think that such a Basic American “Right”, as the “Right” to eat a Hot Dog on the 4th of July, could be extended to a bunch of no-good blood-thirsty, Anti-American/Anti-Semitic murdering Shia Muslim Jihadi Terrorists, wouldn’t you?

C’mon Obama (PBUH)(SWT)(SAW), have a heart, will ya’?

Dale in Atlanta on June 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Bambi’s main concern right now is to get this stuff out of the headlines so he can focus the attention back on his health care bill. So if disinviting the Iranians will do that, that’s what he’ll do.

PackerBronco on June 24, 2009 at 1:26 PM

highhopes on June 24, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Carter is/was dumber, in that he was the unwitting fool of elements he couldn’t see–kinda like any kool-aid drinker. Ogabe isn’t a fool. His goals are clear, but many aspects of the Presidency, such as int’l stuff that often happens outside of his control, are in fact a distraction from his domestic goals. Hopefully, the domestic opposition, and challenges from abroad, will tie him up in knots and his head will explode.

JiangxiDad on June 24, 2009 at 1:27 PM

First time I learned of this (regardless of the present Iranian conflicts) my first thought was …
INVITING OUR SWORN ENEMIES TO PHYSICALLY ENTER US EMBASSIES ?
WTF ??? Stupifying.

pambi on June 24, 2009 at 1:27 PM

The decision is obviously now above Obama’s pay grade. It belongs to the Supreme Leader alone. Alayhis salaam.

econavenger on June 24, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Your move, Obama. Take your time.

nickj116 on June 24, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I think he’s hoping that if he waits long enough, the protesters will all be dead. Mission accomplished! A clear winner for him to roast weenies with.

Uh, I, er, me me me, uh, I would like to, uh, say that I supported your cause, uh, as I’ve always said, er, but let me be clear, uh, if any of you were left alive, er, at least you’d have had the, uh, satisfaction of knowing that the, er, weenies were overcooked.

DrAllecon on June 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM

PackerBronco on June 24, 2009 at 1:26 PM

And that’s what is sad isn’t it? He doesn’t give a crap about what is happening to the people over there, he just wants things back where he’s comfortable.

lorien1973 on June 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM

“I think we’ve been consistent in our position…” – B. Obama.

Thunderstorm129 on June 24, 2009 at 1:21 PM

he should be called on that in every election campaign for 2010….

cmsinaz on June 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM

INVITING OUR SWORN ENEMIES TO PHYSICALLY ENTER US EMBASSIES ?

It’s Barry’s green initiative to save paper used in maps. The terrorists now commit the layout to memory, or snap holiday photos.

JiangxiDad on June 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM

he should be called on that in every election campaign for 2010….

cmsinaz on June 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM

THAT guy is “confused and disoriented”.

the_nile on June 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM

OK, the Iranian diplomats can come to our party — but we’ll all go to the ladies’ room together and say mean things about them behind their backs.

Terry_Dyne on June 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM

OBAMA GRILLED, IRANIANS KILLED

LibTired on June 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Awww man. I was looking forward to the Obamatuerism where an Obama appointee accidentally feeds some poor mullah a hotdog containing pork.

bitsy on June 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Forget Presidential rankings. Precedent Hussein is so unbelievably bad that he’s going to make Benedict Arnold look like a patriot, by comparison.

progressoverpeace on June 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Here’s hoping last on the list is just the ranking and not the end of the run of US Presidents. I’d say it is somewhat up in the air at this point and I’m not exagerating. We are on track to replace democracy with a dictatorship run by a Chicago street thug.

highhopes on June 24, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Jim Treacher on June 24, 2009 at 1:32 PM

nyah, nyah, you can’y come to my party.

Alden Pyle on June 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM

THAT guy is “confused and disoriented”.

the_nile on June 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM

previous campaigns bashed Bush, why can’t the (R)s bash Obama on this issue during their campaigns….

cmsinaz on June 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM

“You operate on a 24 hour news cycle. I do not.”

“Less than 24 hours after Barack Obama insisted that an invite to America’s July 4th celebrations remained open to Iranian diplomats, the State Department has begun to realize what a bad idea it truly is.”

Doh!

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM

O/T:

Why are there SEIU ads on Hot Air?

Anybody else recieved these? They are blue with a picture of Obama’s head and they tell you to contact your senators to tell them you support employee “free choice.”

Joe Caps on June 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM

“Listen, everyone has the universal right to enjoy a hot dog…” – Barney Frank

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2009 at 1:34 PM

You guys are ruining everything.

This was probably going to be the first time Barry ever celebrated July 4th and now he has all these distractions because of his his nice new Mullah friends.

DeweyWins on June 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Where are the grownups in this administration? This is really not the time for the B team.

bopbottle on June 24, 2009 at 1:02 PM

They are out in force strong-arming and using the f-bomb to intimidate congress into voting for Ocommie’s latest fiasco.

maryo on June 24, 2009 at 1:36 PM

I think we’ve been consistent in our position…” – B. Obama.

Thunderstorm129 on June 24, 2009 at 1:21 PM
he should be called on that in every election campaign for 2010….

cmsinaz on June 24, 2009 at 1:29 PM

He says that every time he is actually Lying!

Well, to tell the truth, as soon as his lips move, he’s lying, but that’s another issue.

If you watch him closely, he has actually has Three very obvious Rhetorical prompts, that signifying when he’s lying:

a) I, or We have “been consistent”; usually said when the exact opposite is true!

b) Another is “I have always said…”; again, when the exact opposite is true!

c) And his worst one…”I’ve said many times before…”; when he is blatantly lying, and has never said any such thing before!

But then again, since we no longer have an Independent MSM in this country, these lies go unchallenged, and unexposed.

His number one whopper of all time, was during one of the Debates with McCain, who finally, grew a small patch of scrotal hair in the last debate, and said something along the lines of to Obama (PBUH)(SWT)(SAW), vis a vis Williams Ayers…that Obama (PBUH)(SWT)(SAW) had launched his Political career in Ayers’ living room.

Obama (PBUH)(SAW)(SWT) imediately shot back….”That is not true!”

Of course, it was EXACTLY true, but it was never challenged, nor refuted, by the MSM in any arena.

We. Are. So. SCREWED!

Dale in Atlanta on June 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM

milwife88 on June 24, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Thanks. Hopefully we can get a different thread for this info.

Cindy Munford on June 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Sing along:

I’d love to be an Oscar Meyer weiner
That is what I’d truly love to be-e-e
‘Cause if I were an Oscar Meyer weiner
I would be the One’s diplomacy

Disturb the Universe on June 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Blowing stuff up.

29Victor on June 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Can’t wait to find out what he’s going to do about North Korea when they also celebrate our 4th of July.

moonsbreath on June 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Walken in L.A., on Weenie Diplomacy

Do you enjoy eating hot dogs? I hope you won’t be put off by my frankness when I tell you that I absolutely love them. In fact, I enjoy no food item more than a freshly-boiled hot dog. Now, I’ve done a lot of movies, and it’s true that I’ve worked with quite a few celebrities who did not share this opinion. I’m sorry to say that these people have always angered me.

There are two types of people in this world: those who eat hot dogs whenever it is possible to do so, and those who opt to do other things with their free time. Who do the latter think they are kidding? What pastime could be more rewarding than the consumption of hot dogs? I haven’t yet found one, and I don’t expect to in my lifetime. Unlike other foods, hot dogs can be eaten at any time, in any place, and it is not necessary to cook them. Now, I ask you: Why not eat hot dogs? They are delicious.

I carry a bag of hot dogs with me wherever I go. I eat them from the bag whenever I get the urge, regardless of the circumstances. When I make a movie, my hot dogs are my co-stars. If, in the middle of a scene, I decide I want to consume a hot dog, I do so. I waste the director’s time and thousands of dollars in film stock, but in the end, it is all worth it, because I enjoy eating hot dogs more than I enjoy acting. This bothers some people. I was supposed to portray Batman, but when Tim Burton learned of my hot dog cravings, he asked Michael Keaton to wear the cape. To this day, I am peeved about this.

When we filmed The Dead Zone, I ate over 800 hot dogs a day. It was necessary. My character needed to come across as intense as possible, and I found the inspiration for that intensity in my intense love for hot dogs. The director, David Cronenberg, said that he would never work with me again. I kept eating hot dogs when the cameras were rolling, and that seemed to bother him. I say [expletive deleted] him. He doesn’t even like hot dogs.

I would like to end by emphasizing once again that I really like to eat hot dogs. If any of you people disagree, I loathe you. I despise you. Not only that, but I also despise all your loved ones. I want to see them torn to pieces by wild dogs. If I ever meet you in person, I’ll smash your brains in with a [expletive deleted] bat. Then we’ll see who doesn’t like hot dogs.

Next week: My thoughts on Woody Allen, hot dog hater and [expletive deleted] director.

Christien on June 24, 2009 at 1:38 PM

“Listen, everyone has the universal right to enjoy a hot dog…” – Barney Frank

Mr_Magoo on June 24, 2009 at 1:34 PM

There went my lunch…you owe me.

Thunderstorm129 on June 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Jim Treacher on June 24, 2009 at 1:32 PM

As much as it pains him, he’s just going to have to cancel July 4th altogether. I smell an Executive Order.

LibTired on June 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Oh dear! The mullahs and Almondinnerjacket will be soooo disappointed.

Barb Dwyer on June 24, 2009 at 1:40 PM

geeeosh. I avoided watching the presser…I cannot handle his voice, most days. But, wow. He really is a testy jerk, isn’t he?

I’m embarrassed for our country.

Mommypundit on June 24, 2009 at 1:41 PM

That line would fit perfectly in a Marx Brothers comedy:

“Just for that, I’m seriously considering not inviting you to my party!”

tom on June 24, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Ed. Here’s the reality.

Obama isn’t rescinding the invites.

No Iranians accepted.

lorien1973 on June 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Snicker…so which came first, the chicken or the egg? I’ll let you figure out who the chicken represents…

US State Department spokesman Ian Kelly said Wednesday he does not believe that one single Iranian diplomat has accepted invitations to July 4 events at US embassies worldwide.

Thunderstorm129 on June 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM

lorien1973 on June 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM

This is thing is really quite pathetic on Obama’s part, isn’t it?

Yeah. Pretty much.

lorien1973 on June 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM

upinak on June 24, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Then you’ll recall that Carter’s slogan was “A Leader, For A Change.”

Apparently the American people fall for change easily.

ericdijon on June 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM

lorien1973 on June 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM

great minds think alike..

Thunderstorm129 on June 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Obama isn’t rescinding the invites.

No Iranians accepted.

lorien1973 on June 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Shocker!

Disturb the Universe on June 24, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I didn’t want you at my party anyway! Hmmph. – B. Obama

Thunderstorm129 on June 24, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Obama: come play with me.

Iran: No.

Obama: You aren’t invited anyways!

lorien1973 on June 24, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Ed: Allahpundit has been asking for a week now, how could Khameni and Ahmadicknijihad could’ve been so clueless, as to so badly fumble a stolen election.

How about the fact that once they received Barack HUSSEIN Obama’s Letter of Supplication, prior to the election, they knew that no matter what they did, like steal an election, it would not be critcized nor even acknowledge by the surrender-at-all-costs Obama (PBUH)(SWT)(SAW) Administration?

How’s that food for thought?

Dale in Atlanta on June 24, 2009 at 1:46 PM

“Rethinking”? Guess they just got the results from the polls and focus groups. NOW THAT’S REAL LEADERSHIP!

GarandFan on June 24, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Let me be clear

blatantblue on June 24, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Many of us have pondered Obama’s tepid response to the events in Iran. His choice for the head of the National Intelligence Council was Charles Freeman who stated that he believed the Chinese government made a mistake in failing to nip the Tiananmen square demonstrations in the bud. If Obama was willing to seek Freeman’s council, does this not say that Obama shares this RealPolitik philosophy?

ICBM on June 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM

lorien1973 on June 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Ah oh! lorien’s talking to himself.

Cindy Munford on June 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM

PackerBronco on June 24, 2009 at 1:26 PM

The health scare bill is already in the headlines to distract from the fact that Cap n Trade is gonna be quietly voted as early as Friday or Saturday. Watch those energy bills SKYROCKET, and then everything else will follow.

Be afraid…

ornery_independent on June 24, 2009 at 1:55 PM

The plan was to trick them into giving us their nuke program in exchange for a Coors Party Ball.

Chuck Schick on June 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM

we’ve been CONSISTENT in our position….

we’ve been entirely CONSISTENT in our position….!

Mr. President: Despite your eloquence in speaking, you are demonstrating you have none when it comes to listening. Major Garrett askend you “Why, did it take so long?”

The words SO LONG indicate an issue with regards to time, not position. He is not asking you why your position changed, he is asking you why NOW (and not BEFORE) are you shocked and appalled at the actions of the Iranians.

get it right please. Listen to the question, answer the question.

ted c on June 24, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Weenie diplomacy now out?

Na, not when ya got a bunch of weenies running it.

Farmer62 on June 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM

He’s been a consistent weenie all along.

Republican Yogi on June 24, 2009 at 2:07 PM

“No weenies for you!”

Cicero43 on June 24, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Just another entry into my Obama WTF column.

Scarier still is that this Iran situation is pretty easy stuff in terms of a verbal response. And still Obama blew it! Yikes.

patrick neid on June 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Today was Hillarys first day back on her schedule…coinkydink? I think not….

ginaswo on June 24, 2009 at 2:16 PM

Is it wrong of me to think Hillary would have been a better POTUS? Talk about yer facepalms sheesh…

alohapundit on June 24, 2009 at 2:19 PM

patrick neid on June 24, 2009 at 2:13 PM

He blew it because his agenda is all about engaging the tyrants of the regime directly just as he’s gearing up in Cuba. The morality of the situation is clear even if the outcome of Mousavi as President isn’t all that much of a change. Obama isn’t working off of concepts like justice, morality, or basic human freedoms. He’s got it in his mind that his legacy hinges on opening relations with Iran and nothing else matters- Certainly not disinviting a bunch of Iranians after their government kills unarmed citizens.

highhopes on June 24, 2009 at 2:20 PM

They should be ashamed of themselves for inviting them to celebrate those freedoms while they deny them to their own people. The fact that it’s taken this long to just get it reconsidered is simply shameful.

Not me. I voted like an adult–with my head and not my girlie feelings…

RepubChica on June 24, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Ah oh! lorien’s talking to himself.

Cindy Munford on June 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM

You watch…he’ll say he was only trying to have an intelligent conversation….

ladyingray on June 24, 2009 at 2:33 PM

We? We?! Speak for yourself, Ed.

What we should be ashamed of is Obama and his administrative advisers who invented and advocated such imbecilic policy. Don’t soften critique by lumping all countrymen together. It’s unfair to HotAir readers and a much larger audience. This is Obama’s mess. All Obama’s.

AnonymousDrivel on June 24, 2009 at 2:34 PM

The Iranians have the government they put in power. Allah aqbar or whatever.

woodNfish on June 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Canceling the 4th celebration was such an easy, low hanging fruit move too after screwing up with no condemnation of the regime and seeing Neda gunned down. But still Obama blew it yesterday and signaled that he’s giving the regime time to resolve things on their terms.

Barack is clearly way over his head as President, but yet he seems to be almost intentionally irresponsible and incompetent. He cannot be this stupid. A random beauty queen would have made the right moves in this crisis so far if asked what they would do as President.

econavenger on June 24, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Weenie-diplomacy…now that’s Smart Power in action! So glad the adults are in charge now!

Liberty or Death on June 24, 2009 at 2:46 PM

And the Iranians are going to love eating Kosher Hebrew National Franks – people have been executed in Iran for a lot less.

georgeofthedesert on June 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM

ICBM on June 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM

You betcha it does.

ProfessorMiao on June 24, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Obama Outrage-o-meter: Sort-of-kinda-upset — Very troubled — Deeply Concerned — Considering No Party Invite.

Sheesh!

Pomme143 on June 24, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Obastard’s judgement is completely clouded by his ideological worldview. You know – 20 years with the racist Wright, best friends with the terrorist William Ayers, his professed love for his marxist professors in college,and the list goes on. The guy is a walking-talking fruit basket, and he despises this country.

He probably doesn’t see much difference between Iran and the police state the USA has become, and outside of us not being a theocracy, I am not sure he is incorrect.

woodNfish on June 24, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Sing along:

I’d love to be an Oscar Meyer weiner
That is what I’d truly love to be-e-e
‘Cause if I were an Oscar Meyer weiner
I would be the One’s diplomacy

Disturb the Universe on June 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM

LOL

Jeff from WI on June 24, 2009 at 3:26 PM

The one great thing about OPbama is…I can point and laugh at every useless, lowlife, moronic skank of a Democrat I know. Neighbors, Family, In-Laws..they all get laughed at by me. Come on a 4th of July picnic with our enemies..ROFL..this IS too easy!

Jeff from WI on June 24, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Imagine the Decepticons coming to destroy Earth and President Obambi trying to appease them with hotdogs.

year_of_the_dingo on June 24, 2009 at 3:30 PM

“Taking back the party invites is a complicated matter, because many of the Iranian diplomats have already RSVP’ed.”

Oh really? I heard that nobody had accepted. Where then will Zero wear his apron emblazoned with the presidential seal? And how will Michelle with the butt of which noone dare speak wear her multi-colored “Kiss the Cook” apron?

Mr. Grump on June 24, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Mr. Grump on June 24, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Michelle will be baring her arms on the 4th wearing her Barrack beater T-Shirt.

Jeff from WI on June 24, 2009 at 3:39 PM

year_of_the_dingo on June 24, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Apparently there is a reference to Obama’s appeasement strategy in the new Transformers movie

Liberty or Death on June 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Barrack “FDR” Obama, Dec. 8, 1941 address to congress Yesterday, December 7, 1941……………………… a date that will live, in infamy. Hey you, Japs, wanna come to the White House for Christmas dinner?

Jeff from WI on June 24, 2009 at 3:41 PM

It amazes me how, so often, Obama’s ideology blinds him to truth and common sense.

kagai on June 24, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Ok, so this has been bouncing in my head for the past day now. If we are practicing weenie diplomacy , would that make obummer the head weenie?

ColdWarrior57 on June 24, 2009 at 3:52 PM

We should be ashamed of ourselves for inviting them to celebrate those freedoms while they deny them to their own people. The fact that it’s taken this long to just get it reconsidered is simply shameful.

Oh the horror! It’s taken soooo long to rescind the offer!

Give me a break. Are you really getting your fists clenched up into tiny balls of rage over the fact that he waited a few days to work through all the ramifications before making a decision?

So terribly sorry that Obama (as he said yesterday) doesnt work the instant-gratification 24/7 newsfix timeline that you insist upon. He likes making reasoned decisions. If it’s going to get you furious every time he takes a few days to make a decision – even when he ends up on the position you wanted him to make! – you’ll be in a mental hospital by 2012.

Take it easy. This is going to be a recurring theme. Obama isnt a knee-jerker like most bloggers are. You’re going to have to get used to him taking his time. If you get worked up in a tizzy over it, it’s just going to make your own life miserable.

orange on June 24, 2009 at 3:57 PM

orange:

Are you serious? I swear to God you are completely enthralled with this man.

They should never have made the offer in the first place and yes they should have rescinded it days ago. What is there to work through? Really?

It is absurd. It is as if Obama and his Obamabots are the only people who can not see that.

Terrye on June 24, 2009 at 4:17 PM

You operate on a 24-hour news cycle. I do not.”
Doh!
Mr_Magoo o

Doh!

He doesn’t operate on a 24-hour news cycle,

He operates on a 168-hour news cycle divided into 21 segments consisting of 4 subsections each. Each subsection has 16 periods of 4 hours each. Except on months that don’t have an “R” in the name and/or Months that start or end on a Thursday.

He couldn’t be clearer on that!

OR He’s lying about “not operating on a 24 hour news cycle”.

DSchoen on June 24, 2009 at 4:28 PM

“Oh the horror! It’s taken soooo long to rescind the offer!”

“the fact that he waited a few days to work through all the ramifications before making a decision?”

“He likes making reasoned decisions. If it’s going to get you furious every time he takes a few days to make a decision – even when he ends up on the position you wanted him to make! – you’ll be in a mental hospital by 2012.”

orange

Uhmmmm Problem Orange. By failing to make a stand, stand with Congress, the Democrat CONTROLLED Congress he “GREEN LIGHTED” hardcore retaliation against the protesters.

His “decision” to vote “Present” on the Iran crisis, tells the mullahs “do what ever you want to with the protesters it won’t affect my wanting to grovel at your feet”.

“Obama isnt a knee-jerker like most bloggers are”

Orange, that’s a poor attempt at a strawman argument. Are you actually saying the ENTIRE congress are “knee-jerker like most bloggers are”

“Take it easy. This is going to be a recurring theme”

Unfortunately I have to agree with you here, this WILL be a recurring theme.

DSchoen on June 24, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Jim Treacher on June 24, 2009 at 1:32 PM

According to this article, href=”http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/24/iranians-responding-july-th-embassy-invite/”, Our glorious supreme leader decided not to extend the RSVP for them because NO ONE From the Iranian embassy has RSVP’ed yet. Saved by the expiration date. Kinda blows a hole in your theory, doesn’t it?

So, does this make him look stronger, or weaker?

… Mullahs must be laughing in thier caves …

Phil-351 on June 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Wait a minute, I just thought of something.

He’s inviting Muslims to a _hot_dog_ (which is mostly made of pork, right?) roast.

I don’t think that I can credit Obama with that much craftiness, but wouldn’t it be great if these Muslim diplomats were eating their hot dogs and then they asked “These are great, what’s in them?”

The looks on their faces when they heard of what hot dogs were made would definitely make a few good pictures. :) :) :)

Theophile on June 24, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Right on target for the Obama Administration 2-step.

1. Note that no Iranians accepted the invitation.

2. Withdraw the invitation.

So there.

Smart Power.

ElRonaldo on June 24, 2009 at 5:45 PM

COURAGE!

ThePrez on June 24, 2009 at 6:30 PM

American Power tracked-back with, “Well, They Didn’t RSVP…”

Donald Douglas on June 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM

No one this naive or stupid becomes POTUS. Apart from the administration and the enabling media, the only shame here is in not calling a spade, a spade. Barack Obama is evil.

Basilsbest on June 24, 2009 at 10:25 PM

JiangxiDad on June 24, 2009 at 1:24 PM

We should be ashamed of ourselves for inviting them

Bull$4it.

We should be ashamed of our government for doing it.

Troll Feeder on June 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM

In our country, more than any other, we should take responsibility for the gov’t we have. I’m ashamed too.

I bear responsibility for the actions of President Bush’s government, because I voted for him, and I am ashamed that his government instituted TARP and initiated the bailout of the auto companies.

So, I am sympathetic to your argument. However, I opposed Obama from the getgo. I opposed his policies, principals, and his practices. I opposed his whiny victory speech in Iowa wherein he stated that, “They said we couldn’t do it.” “Who said that?” I asked, “Who other than your own, straw-man-building, melodramatic, self-congratulatory self?”

I lost friends over it. I spent my own money to support his challengers. I have continued to spend my own time, effort, and money to reduce the chances that his preferred policies will be enacted.

I am not ashamed of my actions and, I am not ashamed of my country.

I am ashamed of the anti-Constitutional and anti-liberty actions of my government, and I am ashamed of the people who elected Obama and continue to support those his preferred actions.

In two and four years, the pendulum will swing hard, and the government will retrieve some level of self-control, honor, and common sense. I will remain ashamed of the actions of my government during 2009, and I will then hope that the people for whom I actually vote will not themselves shame me.

Troll Feeder on June 24, 2009 at 10:53 PM