John Kerry on Sanford: Too bad Palin didn’t go missing too

posted at 6:38 pm on June 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

Don’t be too hard on Waffles. His humor’s always been laced with nastiness, which is why he periodically finds himself in clusterfarks over “botched jokes.” It’s not that he hates Palin. He’s just a jerk.

The Bay State senator was telling a group of business and civic leaders in town at his invitation about the “bizarre’’ tale of how South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford had “disappeared for four days’’ and claimed to be hiking along the Appalachian Trail, but no one was really certain of his whereabouts.

“Too bad,’’ Kerry said, “if a governor had to go missing it couldn’t have been the governor of Alaska. You know, Sarah Palin.’’

The Democratic-centric crowd laughed.

He said this before Sanford’s presser so it’s not an adultery dig at her, just an “I wish you were lost and left for dead somewhere” dig. Which, believe it or not, isn’t the nastiest Palin attack circulating in the ‘sphere today.

Pew’s got a new poll out today showing Romney’s net favorable rating at +12, compared to just +1 for Sarahcuda. With Sanford and Huntsman now out of the game, Jindal almost certainly biding his time until 2016, and Palin possibly too polarizing to win against The One, we’d all better hope Mitt runs. Because if he doesn’t, an ominous scenario presents itself:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

As a native of MA, the entire House & Senate needs to be cleaned of the MA vermin. Every one of them have been there way too long……….people -> smarten up! Throw the bums out. The blowhard whale Kennedy needs to go, Kerry the egotistical has been, needs to go, Frank the bankrupter of USA, REALLY needs to go. Vote against ALL incumbents, get some fresh blood/corruption.

kittyAJ on June 25, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I’m a native too kittyAJ. I don’t think Mass will ever vote these bums out. If they haven’t by now, they won’t in the future. Which leads me to believe with all my heart that Mass residents are complete communist morons who love being taxed to death, lied to, and being told how to live daily, the vast majority do anyway.
This state is out of control, which is why people are leaving in droves only to populate and infect surrounding states with their far left ideology, which I don’t think is going to fly in NH.

Geronimo on June 25, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Palin possibly too polarizing to win against The One,

Don’t count your chickens before they are hatched or they may Come Home to Rooooooooosssssssstttttttttt!

Herb on June 25, 2009 at 11:01 AM

You had me until you said “Romney/Palin 2012″

Why do so many people want her on the bottom of the ticket again? That would just be… wierd….

It’s either top of the ticket or kingmaker for SP. She would never be #2 again, imho.

BPD on June 25, 2009 at 10:40 AM

If(and it’s a big IF) Romney got the nomination in 2012, he’d need to generate excitement among the conservative base. It’s possible that anti-Obama sentiment may be enough to carry him over the finish line, but someone like Palin on the ticket would solidify his support.

I’d prefer she be the top of the ticket, but Romney/Palin(or vice versa) would be formidable. Unlike McCain who was embarrassing on the topic, Romney could wipe the floor with Obama when the debates turn to the subject of the economy.

Doughboy on June 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Herb on June 25, 2009 at 11:01 AM

LOL. For sure! Didn’t I see a recent poll with Obama at -1 just this month? Seems like Palin is well-situated against the even more divisive Obama.

littleguy on June 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Because if he doesn’t, an ominous scenario presents itself:

Was that necessary? Really?

TheUnrepentantGeek on June 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Ahmadinejad has his own Sanford McGreevey moment.

Mr. Joe on June 25, 2009 at 11:28 AM

At which point I immediately turned the sound down and put Joe Castiglione on for the radio play by play.

Did Kerri mention who is current favorite Red Sox player is?

Del Dolemonte on June 25, 2009 at 9:59 AM

LOL, I did the same thing and again when they showed Dingy Harry and the den of thieves from congress. If I had to guess on Kerry’s favorite Red Sox player it would be Barry Bonds

Wade on June 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM

It’s too bad that Kerry doesn’t carpool with his fellow senator.

Vashta.Nerada on June 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I am a viet-nam veteran and in telling you Kerry with those horse teeth was the company can and bottle opener,until he shot himself in the foot and got a purple heart!

Roadking85 on June 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Then went home and left his charge.

Wade on June 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM

It’s too bad that Kerry doesn’t carpool with his fellow senator.

Vashta.Nerada on June 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Or his fellow senator’s son, who is hiding somewhere, no one know where other than speculation he is back in rehab.

Wade on June 25, 2009 at 11:35 AM

I see where an Alaskan Democratic Blogger has photo shopped a picture of Trig Palin.

Perhaps John Kerry would like to make a joke about one of his own attacking a Special Needs Child.

Oh Lord, I really mean it..Please destroy every person voting or calling themselves a Democrat. Send the baby killers some place warm.

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM

It’s too bad that Kerry doesn’t carpool with his fellow senator.

Vashta.Nerada on June 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM

LOL

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM

After many years living w/coyote love Teresa, I’m sure Kerry dreams of Gov Palin doing many things.

christene on June 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

christene on June 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

Not really..He only married her ugly butt for the money. He’d prefer John Edwards.

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Geronimo on June 25, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Sad to tell you, it is already flying here in NH. When I moved here “for good” in 1969, the state was dominated (and controlled) by Republicans at all levels. Now we’re down to one Republican in Congress, Judd Gregg. One of our “Representatives”, Carole Che-Porter, hates the US military, and we just legalized same-sex marriage.

Del Dolemonte on June 25, 2009 at 12:16 PM

If I had to guess on Kerry’s favorite Red Sox player it would be Barry Bonds

Wade on June 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Knowing how dim JFK is, I would guess Bobby Bonds.

Del Dolemonte on June 25, 2009 at 12:17 PM

If Palin is too polarizing to win against the One, then the One is not beatable by any Republican that is worth voting for. I’m not saying that Palin is the optimal candidate. I’m saying that she’s representative of the type of candidate that would actually represent a departure from Obama’s soft Marxism and entrenched elitism, and it is that quality that makes her polarizing. Everything else is window dressing.

Meh, the GOP is completely bankrupt… ethically, morally and ideologically. It is a party of rank careerism without the stones to admit it or the cleverness to achieve it, a diluted tincture of the Democrats they decry. Until something happens, the flailing but consequential incompetence of Obama will find no real answer beyond toothless barking.

spmat on June 25, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Knowing how dim JFK is, I would guess Bobby Bonds.

Del Dolemonte on June 25, 2009 at 12:17 PM

or Bobby Orr

Wade on June 25, 2009 at 12:42 PM

If John Kerry falls in the woods, does anybody really care.

If John Kerry falls in the woods, does he look for a new mistress on the way down?

I’m working on them.

Oil Can on June 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

John Kerry = a sad pathetic excuse for being. I want to call him an idiot, but that would be an insult to idiots.

miron on June 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Traitorous fool.

daesleeper on June 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM

or Bobby Orr

Wade on June 25, 2009 at 12:42 PM

My favorite Red Sox player is Spacemen Bill Yastrzemski.

Del Dolemonte on June 25, 2009 at 1:19 PM

miron on June 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM

“I can’t believe I’m losing to that idiot!” -the Boston Fog in 2004.

After the election it was revealed that his college grades in fact were inferior to Chimpy’s.

Del Dolemonte on June 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Todd Palin should announce that he’s coming down to the lower forty-eight to kick the crap out of Kerry, Letterman and the rest of the low class bullies who have dissed his wife and kids.

This nonsense goes way beyond political hardball. It’s cheap, childish, abusive, punk ass behavior by “men” who would wet their pants if someone ever said: “say that to my face”

What has he/she got to lose? It’s not as if the libs would hate them anymore.

I know it’s a guy thing, but there’s a lot more people than you think who still believe a man should defend the honor of the women and children in their lives.

RadClown on June 25, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Romney was my 1st pick for the top of the ticket in ’08 and he’d be my pick for 2012 as well. I think Palin is pretty sharp but not anywhere close to Romney. The media has destroyed her credibility and that would be a drag on any ticket and a huge risk in a close race. As far as I know, Romney and Thompson were left unscathed.

We need to have the RNC limit the candidates in the primary so they don’t beat themselves up. BO will be unchallenged by the dems and he will have the state-run media cheerleading for him. Conventional warfare won’t work anymore…we need to evolve and do it quick.

Romney/Thompson 2012
Palin RNC Chairman

JetBlast on June 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Kerry shows his class ( or lack of ) once more. This clown will do anything to try to be relevant again.

pitter43 on June 25, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Every chance any liberal gets they go after Palin. Why? Because Rush is Right! They fear her. They know she has a proven record and relates to middle America.

Of course I should say that the nation dodged a bullet with Kerry. It’s people like Kerry that make me wish their was a law stating that if you run for President, you have to step down from a congressional post.

jeffn21 on June 25, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Sorry, I had to repost! (I had the wrong “there”.)

Of course I should say that the nation dodged a bullet with Kerry. It’s people like Kerry that make me wish there was a law stating that if you run for President, you have to step down from a congressional post.

jeffn21 on June 25, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Del Dolemonte on June 25, 2009 at 12:16 PM

Grrrr, I’m really sorry to hear that. I love New Hampshire.

Geronimo on June 25, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Say what you will about the guy, but I thought his revival of Lurch in the Addams Family movie was awesome!

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Really? With those phony teeth I thought he reminded me of Mr. Ed

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM

My favorite Red Sox player is Spacemen Bill Yastrzemski.

Del Dolemonte on June 25, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Mine is Babe….mmmm…. Babe…..Babe Zaharias, that’s the ticket..Babe Zararias.

Wade on June 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM

This CREEP Kerry DARES to state this???
After all he got three purple hearts (but no one is sure how he could do this while sitting in a boat in three months)

This creep never saw combat (he was too busy helping the communists)..

My Lord if this vermin ever shows up in our town i will be the first to start the taring and feathering..

veteranoutrage on June 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM

AP what has your problem been with Huckabee?
I mean, unless I’m mistaken, you’re always had a problem with him.

And you’re still counting out Sarah… not a wise choice.

demotheses on June 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Romeny will never win against Obama.

You people need to get your heads on straight.

There is a little thing in Romeny’s past…the discrimination against blacks by the LDS church into the mid 70s…well after the civil rights movement.

That albatross will be used by the Racist accusing happy go luckies of the Racebaitor in chief to bring him down.

Running Romney against a black man is like running Anita Bryant against Prez Hilton. Its a no win situation.

Romney maybe in 2016 but not before.

There is only one person that can take down Obama. And its Palin.

BillaryMcBush on June 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM

OMG! On my screen, that photo was “beneath the fold.” When I paged down, I got a horrifying shock. NO! NO! NO! I voted for Sarah, but I’d stay home before I voted for the Huckster.

Until yesterday, I was actually hoping for a Sanford/Palin ticket. Now, I guess it’ll be Palin/Cheney.

Al in St. Lou on June 25, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Romney was my 1st pick for the top of the ticket in ‘08 and he’d be my pick for 2012 as well. I think Palin is pretty sharp but not anywhere close to Romney. The media has destroyed her credibility and that would be a drag on any ticket and a huge risk in a close race. As far as I know, Romney and Thompson were left unscathed.

Romney/Thompson 2012
Palin RNC Chairman

JetBlast on June 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM

If Palin’s not smart enough and is too “discredited” to be president, why would she be good enough to be RNC chairman?

And Romney’s “unscathed”? Are you kidding? He demonstrated pretty vividly that he has trouble attracting the “base”. And it isn’t all about his faith, either. I couldn’t care less about that.

ddrintn on June 25, 2009 at 4:54 PM

There is only one person that can take down Obama. And its Palin.

BillaryMcBush on June 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM

That’s true. That’s why Palin gets the shots taken at her constantly, while the moonbats couldn’t care less about Romney.

ddrintn on June 25, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Who’s John Kerry?

PoodleSkirt on June 25, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Grrrr, I’m really sorry to hear that. I love New Hampshire.

Geronimo on June 25, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Here in the central part of the state it’s still beautiful. The worst parts of the state are in the south. And of course the college towns.

Del Dolemonte on June 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM

The best man for President 2012 is a woman: Sarah Palin.

Captain America on June 25, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Only the Cuda can rout the Obamanot.

And, she will.

This is why:

1) Dumbass male GOP prospects can’t control their urges,
2) Dumbass male GOP prospects have no cajones,
3) Yes, I know 1) and 2) seem contradictory, but its true,
4) Sarah has the courage,
5) God winks at her every day, as he leaves the door ajar,
6) Sarah has the grassroots who are growing,
7) Sarah’s libertarian/conservative values will merge with the Tea Party movement at some point due to her respect for the Constituition of Alaska and the USA, and her push for lower federal spending and taxes,
8) Sarah is charismatic,
9) Obama is 100% socialist and every solution he wants to push digs his hole deeper,
10) Many women will finally see the true Sarah and at least respect her for her accomplishments if not agree 100% with her on the issues,
11) Sarah will be Sarah and have no McCain to hold her back.
12) Romney will chicken out and go for a Senate seat instead once he realizes how stupid it would be to take on the Cuda at the pinnacle of her power.

Sapwolf on June 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Doughboy on June 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Screw it doughboy.

I’m not (and I suspect the young Sarah too) gonna watch another phony GOP suit try to hijack the Cuda’s star only to try to snuff her out during the campaign.

Mitt has no chance. I saw him at CPAC. He is wooden, and betrays a feeling of some awkwardness. He is not authentic and lacks any skill at retail politics.

You can only go so far with looks. You have to perform. Sarah has.

And lets not forget the disaster known as Romneycare.

She would bury him in a primary. Just bury him so bad that AP would retire from Hotair in complete embarrassment.

See how I attack your prospect and you won’t even defend him because he generates NO fire in his followers. None.

Sapwolf on June 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I’m beginning to wonder if a Palin/Limbaugh ticket might be good for America. They’ve each already shown a great ability to handle public scrutiny of their personal frailties (we all have those – the stronger people just know how to rise above and move forward). The venom the Left has for Sarah & Rush is speaking loud and clear that they are extremely fearful of these 2 Conservatives.

redwhiteblue on June 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009

Yep saw that.

Why does the DNC BELIEVE children with disabilities is so darn funny?

We Have Obama making a joke about bowling “like the Special Olympics or something”

We Have Palin being viscously attack when doing fundraises for children with disabilities.

And now the OFFICIAL DNC bloggerphotoshopped” a picture of Trig, a baby with Downs” foe some sort of sick attempt at humor?

Who’s laughing?

BTW, Linda Kellen Biegel, AKA the “Celtic Diva” is not just an Alaskan Democratic Blogger, she is the DNC’s OFFICIAL Blogger!

I thought turnabout is fair play so I looked at those Pictures of the DNC’s OFFICIAL Blogger Linda Kellen Biegel, AKA the “Celtic Diva” , butt what could ya do with
With that?

Oh my God, Datsalota “comfort food”.

Obviously the “Celtic Diva” has a lota time on her, uhm, hands, since the cancellation of the Jerry Springer Show!

BTW, we know she is a blogger, butt was she also the inspiration for the term “Troll”

Cuz ya know, it fits, literally, just look!

DSchoen on June 25, 2009 at 7:13 PM

Kerry is such an idiot. He’s surrounded with folks that won’t tell him so. He’s surrounded with voters that don’t have a lick of sense either.

jeanie on June 25, 2009 at 7:46 PM

After many years living w/coyote Madagascar hissing cockroach love Teresa, I’m sure Kerry dreams of Gov Palin doing many things.
christene on June 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

FIFY

DSchoen on June 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM

It’s funny how the redneck wing of the GOP loves that foolish woman from up in Canada. Let’s be thankful that they are a dying breed.

simplesimon on June 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM

simplesimon on June 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Too bad for you… we’re a plurality.

BPD on June 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM

No matter how 44% of the folks feel about Sarah right now, after 3.5 years more of Obama they’ll probably welcome her with open arms. The problem is though–that after 3.5 years of the Great O, they’d probably welcome just about anybody.

jeanie on June 25, 2009 at 9:01 PM

I favor the separation of Lurch and State.

Geochelone on June 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

simplesimon on June 25, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Some bad news for you, simple;

1. I’m not a redneck.
2. She’s not foolish.
3. I’m smart enough to know she’s not from Canada.
4. I’m not dying.

How many more things can you possibly get wrong?

massrighty on June 25, 2009 at 10:34 PM

jeanie on June 25, 2009 at 9:01 PM

I’m more concerned about these Sarah Palin numbers from the PEW poll:
Favorability
conservative Republicans: 80%
moderate Republicans: 62%
Republicans: 73%

First you have to win the primaries before you can advance.

technopeasant on June 25, 2009 at 11:14 PM

John has great hair – too bad there is nothing under it.

LarryG on June 25, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Speaking of ugly, how ever did George Bush marry Barbara. She’s looked like an 80 year old trannie for the last 30 years!

simplesimon on June 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

simplesimon on June 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Old Barb, for her age isn’t bad, now Michelle looks like James Brown

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Old Barb, for her age isn’t bad, now Michelle looks like James Brown

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:42 PM

She looks like a tranny. Even funnier – you have to wake up in Wisconsin every day!

simplesimon on June 26, 2009 at 12:11 AM

simplesimon on June 26, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Agreed about Wisconsin. It really fell apart when we got a couple Communists as US Senators, and an ugly crook DEM Gov.

Jeff from WI on June 26, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Michelle looks like James Brown
Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 11:42 PM

simplesimon

Michelle looks like a tranny ?

DSchoen on June 26, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Palin visiting troops in Kosovo , makes a joke of Kerry at the end.

the_nile on June 26, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Tweets from the guv, quoting Reagan

More Reagan “Freedom’s never more than 1 generation away from extinction We didn’t pass it to children in bloodstream it must be fought for”
10 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Why U.S. peace missions for freedom? “America is still the abiding alternative to tyranny. That is our purpose in the world.” Ronald R …
16 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Met w Lithuanian Minister of Defense, Rasa Jukneviciene. She’s a conservative in Parliament here for Change of Command & peacekeeping exercz
23 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

BPD on June 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM

the_nile on June 26, 2009 at 8:39 AM

LOL Cuda to Kerry: “Why the long face?”

alliebobbitt on June 26, 2009 at 10:26 AM