Confirmed: Iran no longer invited to Obama’s July 4th cookout

posted at 5:18 pm on June 24, 2009 by Allahpundit

I wonder what changed his mind. Was it the mass head-cracking today in Baharestan Square? Or, like me, did he read the story about regime filthbags evicting Neda’s grieving family from their home and find himself consumed with righteous rage? Probably not the latter. President Spock doesn’t do rage.

No matter. Yesterday’s left-wing conventional wisdom: We can’t jeopardize diplomacy by taking a meaningless moral stand! Today’s left-wing conventional wisdom: Obama has taken a bold moral stand against regime abuses!

“As you all know many weeks ago the administration extended an invitation to celebrate the freedom that this country enjoys. not surprisingly based on what we see in Tehran, no one has RSVP’d,” said White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.

“Understand that July 4th allows us to celebrate the freedom and liberty that we enjoy. I don’t think it’s surprising that no one has signed up to come given the events of the last few days. Those invitations will be no longer extended.

Two clips for you. The first purports to be from today’s Baharestan Square crackdown. Turn down the sound before you watch and kindly observe your strong content warning, as it’s gruesome. Below that you’ll find a stirring vid shot by a brave Iranian woman, time and place unknown. Translation:

Hit me. Not hitting me now that Im filming?
Come on hit me. Hit me once. Werent you just hitting me before?
How many people have you hit?
Hit. Hit him.
Yes yes you must hit them.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

American Power tracked-back with, “Well, They Didn’t RSVP…”

Donald Douglas on June 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Jonah Goldberg was on Red Eye the other night. Talking about Obama’s limp reaction to Iran, he said, ‘At the end of the day, Americans want to be proud of their country. They want to do the right thing, no matter who needs our help.’

I want to do the right thing, too. I wish I could get some guys together, grab a nightstick and a chainsaw, and explain things to Khamenei and his thugs. I wish I could personally tell Neda’s father we all grieve for her, and help him bury his daughter properly. I wish I could air-drop into Tehran with medical pallets, and Levis and Dr. Pepper, and tell these people they deserve a lot better than they’ve gotten for the past thirty years. But apparently, that’s too ‘meddlesome.’

I still love America, but I am so angry and ashamed of this President and his absolute cowardice.

Dave in San Diego on June 24, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I’m sorry i ruined your black panther party, Barak.

Alden Pyle on June 24, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Glad to hear Obama’s graduated from Weenie to Soup Nazi diplomacy:

“No hot dog for you! You come back one year!”

RD on June 24, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Obama is one of these animals. He’s a Muslim, not a Christian.
He understands their way because he was raised like one of them. Why do you think we can’t recognize what he’s doing to our country. Because he thinks like them, predators.

Jeff from WI on June 24, 2009 at 10:49 PM

These Iranian people are truly brave. I’m serious. “Beat me!”, “Hit me!”. They are proclaiming to their slaughterers that what they are doing is wrong. Truly brave.

Obama and his backing liberals are foolish sloths. They want to talk. Talk, talk, talk. WELL LISTEN LIBERAL FOOLS. LISTEN TO THE IRANIANS TRYING TO “TALK” TO THEIR SLAUGHTERERS.

The invite to the 4th of July party should never have happened. At least it should have been pulled when we found out the election results were rigged.

What did the invite say to the Iranian government diplomats? It said, “Come celebrate with us the anniversay of our nations INDEPENDENCE while you trample on your own countries LIBERTIES.”

Liberals and Obams say they want to talk. Lie. They only want to talk with their preconditions. Look at the healthcare infomercial last night. Where was the “conversation”? Uninvited.

shick on June 25, 2009 at 7:38 AM

countries=country’s

shick on June 25, 2009 at 7:39 AM

There is something seriously wrong with this world

blatantblue on June 24, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Yep.

12Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.
15But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ. – Romans 5:12-17

shick on June 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM

If the Iranians actually showed up, would the 1979 hostages have been invited too?

Jeff from WI on June 25, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Where do the souls of the protesters go? Do they get their 72 virgins too?

Me think not. They died doing something illegal according to the Mullahs, not like the Taliban or al Quida who are legally causing terror in the name of Allah.

MSGTAS on June 25, 2009 at 10:33 AM