Video: Obama makes token concession to gays, hopes they’ll leave him alone now

posted at 8:18 pm on June 17, 2009 by Allahpundit

He’s against same-sex marriage, defends the Defense of Marriage Act in court, is iffy on ending “don’t ask, don’t tell,” and isn’t yet prepared to grant health, retirement, or survivor’s benefits to gay couples who work for the feds. But aside from all that, he’s all about the tolerance. I give The One credit here for actually having the elephantine stones to say that the government needs the best possible talent at its disposal while it’s still busy expelling military translators for being gay, and for calling for DOMA’s repeal when he could effectively achieve that on his own by refusing to defend legal challenges to the statute. On the other hand, given the identity politics at stake, there’s no reason for him to grant gays any concession at all. Voting Democrat is what any “authentic” gay person should do, regardless of whether they get anything from it. Just ask a minority voter.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

If the election was held again today…most gays would vote for him. Fact. He doesn’t have to work for any of it…suckers!

AUINSC on June 17, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Okay, I admit it, I LOL’d…

ladyingray on June 17, 2009 at 8:21 PM

He also promises on his next visit to England to give the Queen a boxed DVD set of Richard Simmons exercise videos.

C’mon, he’s working on it.

SteveMG on June 17, 2009 at 8:22 PM

The gay votes are secure. Obama is losing gay dollars and it hurts.

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:23 PM

I heard on ABC news on the radio on the way home that there is a large Gay fundraiser for the Dems, next week. Not that that has anything to do with this move. /

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM

This just shows how futile it is to always vote as a bloc for a single party to the point you are taken for granted. Hell, the Democrat establishment even tried to euchre OBAMA out of the nomination, the primaries were to be Hillary’s coronation…

The irony is that it’s the democrat party that is racist, bigoted, sexist, anti semetic and homophobic.

Besides, Dear Leader isn’t stupid enough to outright piss off 60%+ of the population who are opposed to calling two homosexuals co-habituating a “marriage” (when they are perfectly willing to basically grant everything short of the name instead) just to please <5% of the population, and in particular a .001% which is actually militant enough to riot over the semantic difference.

Face it, rainbow “warriors”, you just aren’t numerous enough. Perhaps you should procreate more. Oh, wait, you CANT. Maybe that’s why what you want shouldn’t be called MARRIAGE?!

wildcat84 on June 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I’m still trying to figure out how people demand certain rights based upon where they place their penises.

jimmy2shoes on June 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Biden is being sent to the Big Gay Fundraiser and I am expecting lots of great aduio for our amusement the following day.

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM

jimmy2shoes on June 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Which reminds me of one of the funniest jokes I’ve ever heard.

Which is a parody of the old Trix Cereal commercial line: “Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!”

wildcat84 on June 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Now, see, these are the original tea baggers.

John the Libertarian on June 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM

This is the problem with voting for a candidate who panders to you…. if your “group” isn’t large enough, you get pwned.

Until the left thinks the gays are going to vote for the GOP or a 3rd party, they have no incentive to hook them up.

BPD on June 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Obama is like all the men on gay hook up sites. They all promise 8″ or more, but when you meet them it’s barely 5″, but ya go ahead and do it anyways because, well, you drove all the way over there.

(At least that’s what I hear…)

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Oohh! That should be fun.

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Now, see, these are the original tea baggers.

John the Libertarian on June 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM

winner!

BPD on June 17, 2009 at 8:29 PM

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

TMI!! Did you notice that you don’t have to vie with like named troll for the ability to carry off yellow?

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Why doesn’t he just give them what they want? He’s managed to piss on everything else?

Unless… OBAMA HATES THE GAYS!

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM

(At least that’s what I hear…)

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

What the…..?

BPD on June 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM

When did she get banned?

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM

“Voting Democrat is what any “authentic” gay person should do, regardless of whether they get anything from it. Just ask a minority voter.”

That’s right……….

…………. just ask the Jewish vote.

Seven Percent Solution on June 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM

AUINSC on June 17, 2009 at 8:20 PM

eeewwwwww – gross.

poppieseeds on June 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Can’t watch 3:48 seconds of Teh Won. Sorry.

Branch Rickey on June 17, 2009 at 8:33 PM

#The Old Chicago Blackberry:

[email protected]: Hey QT!

[email protected]: I heard you like Broadway shows. Wanna go see The Color Purple down at the JFK Center with me?

[email protected]: It’ll be my treat, I just got my campaign check from Morgan Stanley.

[email protected]: Or we can go see a chickflick. I heard from my friend Tom that The Proposal is just 2 cute.

[email protected]: RU there?

[email protected]: 4 the last time, stop iming me. im married now, i dont do that n e moar. go bug emanuel

[email protected]: Do you think he would go out with me?

[email protected]: whatev, peace dood, im out

[email protected] is offline.

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 8:34 PM

What the…..?

BPD on June 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Uh…they promise a lot, but deliver the bare minimum.

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Cindy Munford on June 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM

No! Thanks for pointing that out! I was gonna ask to change my name to “PortalOfDoom”, but I think I’ll keep this one now!

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Obama is an opening for Republicans with Gays.

Leave alone don’t ask don’t tell, I didn’t care for to begin with but probably its the only thing worthwhile to come out of the Clinton administration.

At least its tolerable and workable in the military.

Speakup on June 17, 2009 at 8:38 PM

how would Barry like it if he were the fly?.. huh?… HUH!!?

moonbatkiller on June 17, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Well , their used to grab their ankles.

the_nile on June 17, 2009 at 8:39 PM

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Some Biden quotes you might hear:

“I was gay once”

“Being gay would be great, if I was a woman”

“I loved playing hide & seek as a young boy with my gay friends”

“I think some of the most interesting people I know are gay”

“You know – Gay rhymes with Day”

izoneguy on June 17, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Obama is an opening for Republicans with Gays.

Speakup on June 17, 2009 at 8:38 PM

The best we can hope for is that they stop opening their wallets for him. They aren’t going to vote GOP.

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM

izoneguy on June 17, 2009 at 8:39 PM

You know all Indians work at 7-11s

You know all gays have the hiv

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM

So true. One of my “tolerant” fellow gays and friends on Twitter (like friends as in we’ve met, hung out, etc.) argued with me about this by telling me I needed to go hunting with Cheney. Sweet.

It's Vintage, Duh on June 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM

After hearing about Chris Mathews “tingling leg” you just know the gays are into Obama.

Jeff from WI on June 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Don’t worry, AP. Obama will give you everything you desire and then some. He just wants to do it incrementally and perhaps have some of the agenda in a “comprehensive” package that he can run on for reelection.

Buddahpundit on June 17, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Jeff from WI on June 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM

There’s “the gays,” and then there are those that like man-man/woman-woman sex… The first group refers to the later as closeted whenever the later doesn’t run around in a thong on main street…

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Some Biden quotes you might hear:

“I was gay once”

“Being gay would be great, if I was a woman”

“I loved playing hide & seek as a young boy with my gay friends”

“I think some of the most interesting people I know are gay”

“You know – Gay rhymes with Day”

izoneguy on June 17, 2009 at 8:39 PM

You know all Indians work at 7-11s
You know all gays have the hiv

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM

You know, I had some gays in to redecorate the secret bunker under the VP mansion…

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Obama is an opening for Republicans with Gays.

Speakup on June 17, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Uhhhh…. this could have phrased…. differently….

BPD on June 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Then they moved on to Michelle…

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Well, being a Democrat bigot just isn’t the same as a Republican one. Many gay people think Democrats secretly want to give them rights but don’t do so because it would be political suicide. Gay people seem to make these types of excuses for Democrats they voted into office. Too bad they don’t realize how they are being manipulated and used.

Funny, Obama is the most liberal president we’ve ever had yet he throws gay people right under the bus. I guess his own journey as a minority didn’t give him much empathy for the gay community’s struggle for rights. The gay community should be outraged.

Christina_M on June 17, 2009 at 8:48 PM

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Score!

bluelightbrigade on June 17, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Any of my fellow queers who voted for Obama based on his supposed stance on gays and…well, anything…really should have known better.

OK, fine, fed employees get benefits…but what about the rest of us?

What a great opportunity for the next GOP pres. candidate to be a proponent of equal rights for gays.

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Well the guy that started the tea parties is gay. He is not happy with Obama.

There are a lot of “authentic” gays at the Gay Patriot and they are not happy with Obama for a multitude of reasons many here would agree with.

This bus of Barry’s must be gigantic! There are so many under this bus!

I thought DOMA keeps him for doing this fed health deal thing? Or something.

freeus on June 17, 2009 at 8:51 PM

OK, fine, fed employees get benefits…but what about the rest of us?

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 8:51 PM

It’s not even the full buffet of federal benefits. It’s table scrap benefits.

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Uh…they promise a lot, but deliver the bare minimum.

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Sounds like every man I’ve known. D’OH!

txag92 on June 17, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I thought DOMA keeps him for doing this fed health deal thing? Or something.

freeus on June 17, 2009 at 8:51 PM

True. They are only getting relocation allowences and some other wastes of paper work. Table scraps.

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM

The Opera browser I use refuses to play videos from CNN.

Not that I’m complaining… ;)

Harpazo on June 17, 2009 at 8:55 PM

From the Fox News article:

“People feel they’re owed an apology,” said Richard Socarides, a New York lawyer who advised President Bill Clinton on gay issues. “People in the gay community feel he over-promised and under-delivered. Now, with over 250 discharges from the military on his watch … the grace period is over.”

And:

“When a president tells you he’s going to be different, you believe him,” said John Aravosis, a Washington-based gay activist. “It’s not that he didn’t follow through on his promises, he stabbed us in the back.”

txag92 on June 17, 2009 at 8:57 PM

ROTFLOL!

Appeasing the fudgepackers…ayeah, good luck with that, Barack Bawreck 0bama.

The gay lobbyists will leave nobody in peace until their perversion is forced upon every impressionable schoolchild, opposing them is punishable by “shut-up lawsuits” and/or jailtime, and they can perform whatever vile act they wish to in public without the slightest fear of decency statues.

Dark-Star on June 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM

So what they’re saying is the Token in Chief is making a token gesture to gays.

Jeff from WI on June 17, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Also:

Several powerful gay fundraisers withdrew their support from a Democratic National Committee event scheduled for June 25 where Vice President Joe Biden is expected to speak. Their withdrawal comes after a handful of public missteps that White House officials concede were not handled with the best eye on public relations.

The breaking point came last week, when the administration defended the Defense of Marriage Act, which allows states to reject another state’s legalized gay marriages and blocks federal Washington from recognizing those state-based unions. Overturning it is a top legislative target for gay activists. But Justice Department lawyers used incest as a reason to support the law.

txag92 on June 17, 2009 at 9:01 PM

As a consolation prize, Obama should raffle off a “date night” with Barney Frank.

BPD on June 17, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Appeasing the fudgepackers…ayeah, good luck with that, Barack Bawreck 0bama.

Dark-Star on June 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM

You dress yourself in the morning? Or does someone in a white jacket and pants do it for you?

Because we all know straight couples use only the missionary position. And only for procreational reasons.

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Okay, I admit it, I LOL’d…

ladyingray on June 17, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I didn’t. It’s just too true. I’m sure Gent and Jet know all about it as do Baldi and Race Card. Identity politics make me sick.

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:05 PM

BPD on June 17, 2009 at 9:01 PM

I wouldn’t call that a prize.

txag92 on June 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM

It’s Vintage, Duh on June 17, 2009 at 8:43 PM

Should have pointed out that Cheney supports gay marriage.

malclave on June 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Bambi is hung like a stuffed animal, how can a president with no identifiable genitalia understand a political interest group that’s obsessed with genitalia?

How about just giving every gay person in America $1,000,000? That our clown act of a President can sign off on.

NoDonkey on June 17, 2009 at 9:07 PM

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Excuse me, but how does your “normal people are worse” argument 1) make your diseased sexuality valid and 2) make you not a hyperventalating liberal?

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I wouldn’t call that a prize.

txag92 on June 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I can’t imagine anyone would.

Should have pointed out that Cheney supports gay marriage.

malclave on June 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Doubt that would matter. Some people are too stuck on the GOP=Evil theme.

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:09 PM

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Ehh… yeah…

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 9:11 PM

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:08 PM

His point is that it’s no less diseased when straight people do it.

And he’s not a liberal, despite his affection for McCain. This is just an issue he feels passionately about as do you. Why the need to insult him? Can’t this be civil, at the very least?

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Ah yes, I was wondering when the village idiot would show up to this thread.

Dark-Star on June 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:08 PM

“normal people”?

I didn’t say “normal people” were worse…just not off the hook for, well, sexual deviancy.

“Diseased sexuality”? I can assure you, I am active…and disease-free. But apparently straights are immune to all sexually-transmitted diseases, according to your line of thinking.

“Liberal”? Not by a mile. My choice for next GOP POTUS candidate (yeah, I’m a registered Republican), as it stands now, is John Boehner.

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:17 PM

And he’s not a liberal, despite his affection for McCain.

I’ll never live that down…

;)

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM

I don’t have “passion” for this issue. If men want to rupture the flesh of their anus and spread fecal matter over their mucus membranes, so be it. But let’s not pretend that the behavior is no more disease-ridden than a biological function human bodies were actually designed for: monogamous male to female, penile/vaginal intercourse. Even without the CDC and various foreign health organizational data about sodomy and hetero promiscuity, you should instinctively know that.

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM

This bus of Barry’s must be gigantic! There are so many under this bus!

I thought DOMA keeps him for doing this fed health deal thing? Or something.

freeus on June 17, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Well, he did toss half the nation under it…

Count to 10 on June 17, 2009 at 9:24 PM

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:17 PM

So, no answers then. Got it.

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:24 PM

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM

It would appear then that buggery causes brain damage. ;]

Dark-Star on June 17, 2009 at 9:25 PM

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Ah yes, I was wondering when the village idiot would show up to this thread.

Dark-Star on June 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Ah, cut him some slack. This is his one area of departure.
It’s not like he’s a Dryway or a getalife.

Count to 10 on June 17, 2009 at 9:27 PM

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Please tell me that was not a play-on-words mispronunciation joke.

Count to 10 on June 17, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Didn’t I read the article that said this is basically worthless, because a memorandum cannot overwrite federal law? Which means no partners are getting benefits.

Enoxo on June 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Jetboy – thought you were an Orange Crist guy?

BPD on June 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM

without the slightest fear of decency statues.

Yeah, that David one by Michelangelo was really decent, but it didn’t inspire any fear.

jaime on June 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Please tell me that was not a play-on-words mispronunciation joke.

Count to 10 on June 17, 2009 at 9:29 PM

heh…why, what’s wrong with Boehner?

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Good article.

I am gay and a huge supporter of gay rights, including the repeal of DADT and the repeal of the Federal plank of DOMA (Hillary’s position; essentially if your State allows gay marriage/civil union, you get the Federal benefits, too, but other States don’t have to recognize out-of-state same-sex unions).

I fought my Obot friends about this time and time again. “You’re crazy.” “You keep conjuring up this black v. gay political scene. It doesn’t exist.” “Obama says what he has to, but he’s the best for gays!”

And, naturally, got the slams against the opposition (the “opposition” being whom I voted for): “Clintons say anything to win.” “Hillary and Barack are the same.” “You trust that woman?” “Palin is a filthy Republican.” “Palin is anti-gay.” “Palin is a crazy Christian.”

I believed Hillary’s stance on gay rights, considering her very personal and public anecdotes about gays and lesbians in her life and her no-holds-barred pride in marching in Gay Pride Parades both as First Lady and NY Senator.

Sarah Palin? She respected the judiciary and signed same-sex public employee benefits into law in AK (effectively doing more for her gay constituents as an executive there than Obama is PROPOSING to do now). Never any anti-gay policy rhetoric; just honest personal opinion, but an opinion that does not dictate policy.

Nope. I was crazy to support “those women” — especially Palin.

Palin did more as a chief executive in Alaska for gay state employees in the public sector than Obama is proposing to do as a chief executive for gay federal employees in the public sector.

Take that to the bank. The gays that fell in love with Obama are morons. Let them eat crow, I say.

lansing quaker on June 17, 2009 at 9:33 PM

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Sorry, Jet. Couldn’t resist.

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM

It would appear then that buggery causes brain damage. ;]

Dark-Star on June 17, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I doubt Esthier is a homosexual. If I had to guess, I’d say Esthier is a soft-hearted woman who thinks letting self-destructive people she likes do self-destructive things is being “nice” to them. I see mothers like this all the time in my work, and their children redefine the word “demonseed.”

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Jetboy – thought you were an Orange Crist guy?

BPD on June 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM

He wants to be Senator. But either way, I changed my mind. Boehner’s da man.

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM

(At least that’s what I hear…)

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I am DYING with laughter! It’s the best analogy ever and so friggin’ true. You are now my new facebook status update! Thanks for the laugh!

lansing quaker on June 17, 2009 at 9:36 PM

heh…why, what’s wrong with Boehner?

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Nothing, but I have not heard of him as a serious presidential candidate, and the most common mispronunciation of his name would all too misappropriate for the topic at hand, in the way of innuendo.

Count to 10 on June 17, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Yeah, read this post over at Ace’s.

However, the Defense of Marriage Act prohibits the federal government from extending health and retirement benefits to same-sex couples, so the benefits are more likely to be marginal — like relocation assistance.

Enoxo on June 17, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Are they hitting on him because of that shirtless pic again?

Spiritk9 on June 17, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Count to 10 on June 17, 2009 at 9:37 PM

He’s getting himself a lot of airtime…looks to me like he’s kinda campaigning for name-recognition at least. Someone mentioned previously that Boehner (haha, OK I get the innuendo) was positioning himself to be Palin’s veep.

Which I hope isn’t true, since I believe Palin would be a disaster as GOP nominee.

But that’s another story.

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:42 PM

The gays that fell in love with Obama are morons.

lansing quaker on June 17, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Puh-lease. Let’s be equal opportunity here. Everyone who fell in love with Obama are morons.

John the Libertarian on June 17, 2009 at 9:42 PM

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I’m not disputing that. I’m only saying that anal sex is anal sex whether it’s two guys or a guy and a girl.

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM

It’s true I’m not gay, but my comments here have nothing to do with letting Jet do anything. He’s a grown man who lives somewhere (I forget where) far away from me.

But even if I were going to try and persuade Jet to date women instead, I wouldn’t think calling him a pervert would work, which was the point of my request for civility. Not only is it kinder, it’s also generally more effective.

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Not only is it kinder, it’s also generally more effective.

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM

And I appreciate it Esthier.

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 9:45 PM

expelling military translators for being gay,

That’s actually unfair to the military. They are being expelled for disobeying orders which is detrimental to good order and discipline of the armed services.

There are all kinds of orders that will get you expelled. You aren’t allowed to use illegal drugs. You aren’t allowed to commit murder. You are not allowed to rape the opposite sex. You are not allowed to steal. I could go on but I don’t want to work to hard to make the point.

Don’t ask don’t tell is not a military policy. It’s a policy put in place by the Commander and Chief. The military didn’t want it, it was forced upon them. Those enforcing that policy are the one’s following orders. The one’s being expelled are disobeying orders.

Hog Wild on June 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Not only is it kinder, it’s also generally more effective.

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM

And I appreciate it Esthier.

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Ditto. Est is always class.

btw I live in Connecticut, work in Manhattan.

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Yes, but straight couples aren’t demanding that their sexual practices be taught to kids as young as five years old.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2009 at 9:49 PM

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2009 at 9:49 PM

And I will add accepted.

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM

White House Memorandum

To: Gays

From: President Barack H. Obama

Re: Positions on Gays Issues

STFU. I won.

P.S. I haven’t received any money from you lately. Send your checks to Axelrod.

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2009 at 9:51 PM

BuckeyeSam on June 17, 2009 at 9:49 PM

The vast majority of gays wouldn’t advocate that either, me included.

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:52 PM

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Point taken. On further examination you are most likely right and I am wrong.

Dare I ask what is your line of work?

Dark-Star on June 17, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Just like blacks, the dems can $hit on them and still count on their votes. When are these special interest groups going to get it?

conservnut on June 17, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Count to 10 on June 17, 2009 at 9:37 PM

So that’s not how you’re supposed to pronounce it? Makes me glad I’ve only typed it.

And I appreciate it Esthier.

btw I live in Connecticut, work in Manhattan.

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Ah. I went to Conn. once for Foxwoods. Didn’t go outside for three days. Weird concept that you could commute to a different state though. Texas is just too big.

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Anytime.

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Dang. Messed that up.

Should be:

And I appreciate it Esthier.

Upstater85 on June 17, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Anytime.

btw I live in Connecticut, work in Manhattan.

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM

myrenovations on June 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Perhaps. The GOP already gets 25% of the gay vote. I have a hard time imagining the GOP pulling in a majority, but it’s not out of the question – especially if the GOP can get out ahead of this kind of thing by trotting out Dick “Freedom for Everyone” Cheney – that the GOP might get parity with Democrats among gays.

Lehosh on June 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM

conservnut on June 17, 2009 at 9:57 PM

When the government comes for them on the level of truncheons and tasers.

Dark-Star on June 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM

1) A pervert by any other name is still a pervert, no matter how much glitter and pony stickers you put on him.
2) For your misguided definition of “kindness,” please see previous comment and dictionary entry “mollycoddle.”

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM

(At least that’s what I hear…)

SouthernGent on June 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I LOL’ed, yes I did.

AUINSC on June 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Esthier on June 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Been to Foxwoods a few times…never once walked out a winner. I have better luck in Atlantic City.

I live on the opposite side of Conn. from Foxwoods, NYC is only about 50 miles away. Takes about an hour. I can’t imagine living in a state as big as Texas…you can drive all day and still be in the same state!

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM

TMK on June 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM

That must be some view from up their on your pedestal of morality…

JetBoy on June 17, 2009 at 10:12 PM