Video: Palin on Alaska’s new natural-gas pipeline and the dangers of Obamanomics

posted at 1:00 pm on June 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

‘Cuda fans have been begging us to post this, partly because it shows how effective she can be when she’s comfortable during an interview and partly because it’s an opportunity to tout her triumph in bringing Exxon on board to help build Alaska’s ambitious new natural-gas pipeline. Credit to Blitzer and CNN for giving her an opportunity to talk policy at length; the obligatory questions about the Letterman trainwreck don’t come until the very end, after an extended discussion of energy and an elaboration on what she meant when she said the tentacles of federal aid to the states will lead to “controlling the people.” More like this, please.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

She’s on a roll.

Two good solid interviews in a row.
This could be a sign that the sexist,bigoted,and hateful way she was treated by liberals during the campaign and after is finally backfiring.
They might have to actually treat her fairly and professionally. What a sacrifice by the liberal media to have to treat a Republican the same way they treat their friends in the democratic party.

Good job Saracudda!!

Baxter Greene on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Simon, what do you think of Sarah’s voice?

mjbrooks3 on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Aww are you getting upset. Relax, she isn’t ever going to be President. Senator perhaps, but not President. She’s got too much of a sideshow going on to ever be taken seriously again.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Your deflection is quite amusing. Let’s compare.

Current President Obama who just won is half Kansan,half Kenyan, conceived out of wedlock in Hawaii, raised in Malaysia & Hawaii by both mother and than grandparents, whose parents were never legally married because his father was already married in Kenya, has 15 half brothers & sisters,3 step mothers, is both Christian & Muslim, who has a racist pastor, friends with domestic terrorists, & has a brother that can’t get a Visa to visit the UK because he is a child rapist, aunt is an illegal alien in Boston.

Palin has a daughter who has a child born out of wedlock.

It seems to me Obama has center ring in your mental side show.

portlandon on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

i was accused yesterday by several critics of accusing Sarah of ‘debeautifying’ or ‘deglamorizing’ herself yesterday with her hair up to portray more of a ‘librarian’ look. I think she pulled it off brilliantly and she gave across as intelligent, competent and above all exuded more gravitas.

As to her voice that cannot be changed. Perhaps her cadence could but not the voice. By the way I like that her voice is not shrill like Hillary’s. And she is passionate. Her voice is definitely an asset in bringing that across.

technopeasant on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Palin can’t run I guess. Her voice is just too annoying and we can’t have that who cares what her policies are.

deidre on June 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM

If I agree with someone I could care less about what they sound like, but to alot of people voice matters. As does first impressions. I was watching her acceptance speech for the nomination when I was visiting my mother (not a liberal in any way) and her first reaction was “my god she sounds like a child” and “her voice is so annoying”. She couldn’t believe that they nominated her. At that point it wasn’t about what she was saying, but how she presented it.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Sarah also didn’t fall into the GOP trap of over-criticizing him.

I laughed when she said, “I encourage him in moving back to supporting the private sector.”

That’s the female touch, in my opinion. We’re experts at criticizing while sounding supportive. *haha

Much nicer than the NEWT/LIMBAUGH/JINDAL approach.

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I would`nt count her out just yet. If the abuse of this Admin continues the nation might actually beg her to pull us back up. She is a proven race horse with substance. Just because the left media hates her does`nt mean the majority put any store in their opinion.

LSUMama on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I find JFK’s voice annoying. Some of it was in combination with his accent.

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Well, you’re honest. It’s all about superficial appearances to you.

Gotta own it to change it, I say.

You’re owning it.

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

The only suggest I would give Sarah is that she not rush to give answers. Appear more thoughtful and take time to think of what you want to say before you say it.

She does rush her sentances a little.

William Amos on June 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Transcripts…

mjbrooks3 on June 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Her answers need to toghtem up and all to often she sounds like she is still on the campaign trail.
Just answer in a regular way and she will be okay
She is getting better

kangjie on June 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Thanks Allah… Hot Air is a very important and one of the most prominent conservatives sites and so to highlight the Govenor’s accomplishnet in regards to energy, which is a critical issue for the USA, like this will go a long way in showing people that she is so much more than how the State Run Media defined her during the campaign.

CCRWM on June 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

When arguing the WSJ comments, I particularly like the point she makes that both of these companies, Exxon and Trans Canada, have done their due diligence. These companies didn’t get to be the biggest and best because they took shots in the dark.

bestwins on June 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Good post AP. Go Cuda!

johnnybgood on June 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Terry, you are such a fake. You only listened to 2 minutes of that taped debate of Palin and you said her voice was more authentic. (tape was put up at 1:20 and you responded at 1:22) I listened to the whole thing and she didn’t sound any different than it does now.

Vince on June 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM

technopeasant on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Glenn Beck can be shrill at times, but then he brings it down and explains what he’s saying… Unlike blather-on-don’t-listen-to-what-I’m-muffling-through-my-lips Bawney.

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM

accomplishnet=accomplishment

CCRWM on June 13, 2009 at 1:38 PM

She does rush her sentances a little.

She knows what she knows about energy. No need to “think.”

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

I understand what you’re saying so lets nominate Huckabee instead then. He’s got a good voice, right?

I think it is unfortunate that we have come to the point where we have to think about what the persons sounds like more than what they believe in and how they “walk the walk.” I love how SP talks. It’s “normal” in my neck of the woods. If someone is not going to vote for her because of her voice, then why the heck are the voting to begin with.

deidre on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

So, the WSJ says we shouldn’t build our own because overseas markets want to import theirs? Gee gollywillackers!

SouthernGent on June 13, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Did you see this IBD editorial? My favorite quote: “”We evaluated all the options and it came down to our belief that this approach with TransCanada and Exxon Mobil was going to be the most successful project,” said Marty Massey, U.S. joint interest manager of Exxon Mobil Production Co.”

——

If there are any doubts left, note that it’s Alaska’s officials giving Palin the most credit. As Deputy Natural Resources Commissioner Marty Rutherford told IBD, Palin relentlessly drove this project, walking the process through the bureaucracy, asking questions, even going to Texas on Thursday to hear from Exxon itself.

She gets it done. Private sector ftw.

Spirit of 1776 on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

portlandon on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

The thing is Obama is a real politician. A real politician knows how to deal with sideshows. An amateur like Palin who is quite out of her league does not. An amateur gets into back and forths with the media and can’t quiet her critics. That is the difference between them. I also don’t see how his race or where or how he was conceived and raised constitutes a sideshow. How is being half Kansan and half Kenyan a sideshow? Unless your one of those retarded birthers.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

So Hillary’s voice, whether she is speaking, singing or cackling, is ok?

bayview on June 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM

That’s because people like you prefer presentation over content. Obama could say things completely bereft of facts, but you’d still slobber away anyway.

Richard Romano on June 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

I noticed in this and many other interviews with palin, the interviewers asked her many in-depth and detailed questions on policies; and she often gave them very specific and detailed answers.

In contrast, most of Obambi’s interviews include questions such as:
-How do you feel?
-Isn’t it great to be the first black president?
-Your wife looks good for her age.
-Your kids are cute.
-That was a great shot.
-You want fries with that?
-That was a great speech.
-How do you feel being attacked by all them Jews.

I wish the press would at least ask Obambi some tough questions like: how many states are there in the USA? ;)

poxoma on June 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

deidre on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

No, what I’m saying is that to win the presidency you need a good combo.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

That was persuasive, but I can’t picture the argument against this, frankly.

It’s just too self-evident, to me.

This is a terrific project, needed, and she’s driving it.

*applause*

Now, if she’ll back off the abortion stuff, I’m there!

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM

If I agree with someone I could care less about what they sound like…

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:35 PM

That’s the point.

ddrintn on June 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Well when the state run media wont give the opposition a change in the US of Zimbabwe we have now become….

William Amos on June 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Terry, I wouldn’t even go there…

I don’t know what you mean by “real politician.”

And as far as handling sideshows, which ones? They are either covered up… OR they are hired for cabinet positions.

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Unless your one of those retarded birthers.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Not Guilty.

portlandon on June 13, 2009 at 1:42 PM

She’s got too much of a sideshow going on to ever be taken seriously again.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:24 PM

It’s all over folks. Let’s shut down the Palin fan clubs and SaraPacs and breathlessly wait for Terry’s next political pontification. I’m all agog!

SKYFOX on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Yeah like he did with Limbaugh and Hannity? Move along troll!

conservnut on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

You know what, Nominate Her! Please! Thats what we want you to do. We’re looking for the first ever 50-0 landslide.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM
________________________________

Try not to be so upset because Sarah aced the CNN and NBC
interviews.

meerkat on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

The thing is Obama is a real politician

That should read “The thing is Obama is a real BLACK politician. That’s the real reason why whites filled with guilt are too blind to see the real person behind that facade.

poxoma on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

yesterday, obama kicks teh gays in the teeth, and today, another palin interview. what a wonderful weekend i am having.

Ghoul aid on June 13, 2009 at 1:18 PM

As a gay, what did Obama do yesterday? I haven’t heard anything. But I really want to know!

lansing quaker on June 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

You think Barry could win Alaska?

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

That’s the point.

So true. I knew O’s academese was a way to cloud issues and allow everyone to project their interpretation.

I didn’t think the country needed cloudy leadership.

Still don’t.

I like O when he makes a decision. Even if I disagree.

I think we have to move forward.

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Obama IS a friggin’ walking talking sideshow who would still be rabble rousing in Chicago were it not for a fellating media.

ddrintn on June 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

lansing quaker on June 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

something with DOMA and DOTA.

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Then why worry ? You on the left spend hours attack Sarah there must be something that worries you ?

You have to protect Obama because he is a really weak politican who in any other democracy wouldnt stand a chance.

William Amos on June 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM

If this keeps up the MSM stimulus will be in the mail.
She is great without a teleprompter. I would love to see Sarah debates the TOTUS. Sarah says, “speak from your heart, turn off the screen.” These moronic journalists give him a pass when they ask him a question and he reads off a screen. Obama is a joke that has to be propped up by a teleprompter.

tessa on June 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM

poxoma on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

He wasn’t confirmed as “real BLACK” until Jackson was thrown under the bus…

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Try not to be so upset because Sarah aced the CNN and NBC
interviews.

Katie is eating icecream in bed today. Her ratings are still low. And she’s about to be outted for a bad interview.

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:46 PM

We’re looking for the first ever 50-0 landslide.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Oh you’ll get a 50-0 landslide. Obama will have a 4 year presidential record to run on in ’12. Not the “I’m the first black president, we are the ones we’ve been waiting for,Hope & Change mantra.

You can’t feed the kids or fill your gas tank with Hope & Change.

portlandon on June 13, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Somebody brought up that at times Sarah sounds like a policy wonk. Wow, if more people begin to look at Sarah this way, that would be tremendous.

For most politicians that would mean that would signify that they couldn’t talk their way out of a paper bag or command an audience of no more than one hundred people. For Sarah that would be just icing on the cake.

technopeasant on June 13, 2009 at 1:46 PM

poxoma

I’m counting on “white guilt” to have an expiration date. Ogabe’s rape of America is expediting that.

SKYFOX on June 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

You think Barry could win Alaska?

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Only if ACORN does it for him. The entire South will probably go back to being deep red in 2012.

ddrintn on June 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Fear the SP

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Well, it’s that Sarah Palin irritates her. She could speak like the Queen and it would be the same story.

ddrintn on June 13, 2009 at 1:34 PM

I don’t think so. If she were just looking for things to poke at she could’ve said something about her makeup, her clothes, her accent, or any other superficial minor thing, but didn’t. Yeah, she doesn’t like her politics at all, but she’s not like all the other libs. For example, she thought the Trig Truther stuff was utter nonsense and actually defended Palin from other Lefties making that charge. Also, I think you’ll find that a lot of women’s voices grate on other women’s nerves, regardless of how they feel peronally about them.

changer1701 on June 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Hopefully it will go away if she gets some coaching from a non-RINO mentor for a change.

drunyan8315 on June 13, 2009 at 1:31 PM

My thoughts exactly, regarding the “RINO mentor.” This was by far the best I’ve ever seen Palin do in an interview. With greater experience in governing and free of the limitations imposed upon her by McCain’s team last year, Sarah’s power of delivery is on the rise.

I am very surprised that it was Blitzer and CNN that actually gave Sarah time to articulate her positions. And Blitzer was not out to attack her in this interview, asking some pointed but fair questions. I generally detest the left-leaning CNN, finding Lou Dobbs to be its only saving grace. I am always willing, though, to give credit where it is due, and here Blitzer and CNN deserve some kudos for being fair.

OneVision on June 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I guess it was another bad day for gay Americans. Obama supported a shoot-down of a case in the judiciary.

I haven’t followed the details.

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

William Amos on June 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM

You are exactly right. The more shrill the Olberdorks and Terrys are about her, the more I think she must be right for the nomination. She scares the scat out of them.

conservnut on June 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

You can’t feed the kids or fill your gas tank with Hope & Change.

portlandon on June 13, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Shushhhhhh Be quiet that is exactly what the believe. That and that money grows from trees and can be used to create wealth by just printing enough of it.

William Amos on June 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

poxoma on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I love that reasoning. He won because he is black. Hah. Not only is it extremely racist to presume that he won because he is black and not for his talents, its just not true. He got slaughtered in the deep south and appalachia worse than Kerry did. I think we know why.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Classy.

That is why moderates Republicans hate her so much. She can articulate conservative principals.

RobertInLexington on June 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

So Hillary’s voice, whether she is speaking, singing or cackling, is ok?

bayview on June 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

C’mon. No Hillary cracks. Hillary isn’t in this, and a lot of people like myself SUPPORTED (and still support) Hillary. Haven’t you ever read HillBuzz?

Hillary isn’t a target. Eyes on the prize, bayview.

lansing quaker on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Doesn’t California have a fleet of buses and state vehicles that are powered by natural gas? If there is such a glut and it runs clean, why isn’t that a solution to all of our perceive or real problems. I am sick of people being so shortsighted, especially with our security. Depending on other nations for our energy is just stupid.

Cindy Munford on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I disagree with all of you. Sarah doesn’t need “coaching.”

She’s a natural.

Now, agree or disagree with her perspective.

That’s fair game.

But politically speaking?

She’s an absolute natural.

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Building the pipeline without govt monies. Now that is economic stimulus plan I can believe in. WHAT A CONCEPT!!!

Notice at the end, discussing her political plans:
“Not anything I want to announce today”. Yeah She’s running. BTW, where was she in the interview. That kind of looked like Bush’s ranch

ConservativePartyNow on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

i REALLY hate McCain.

moonbatkiller on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

In your own words…

extremely racist to presume that

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

conservnut on June 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Obama uses his race to deflect any critism. He can do no wrong in the left’s eyes by that simple fact alone.

William Amos on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Now she’s being criticized for her voice?!!!

Well, if that’s how low we stoop to dump on a potential candidate, let me just add that I find Barry’s voice and speaking style to be extremely annoying.

I don’t know why he gets such raves for his empty words to begin with…but then there’s that annoying, head turn from TOTUS to TOTUS just to say a sentence or two. I keep waiting for his head to spin completely around ala the Exorcist.

8starsnorth on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

lansing quaker on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Obviously as a conservative she wouldn’t have gotten my vote but she sure would have been an improvement over this walking disaster in the White House now.

Cindy Munford on June 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Obama is a joke that has to be propped up by a teleprompter.

tessa on June 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM

That’s the bottom line, which is becoming more and more obvious to more and more people as time goes on.

ddrintn on June 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I can see why liberals fear her and are trying everything they can to destroy her.

AaronGuzman on June 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Huffington Post has 3 Obama posts (300 comments, 300 comments, 13 comments) and 2 Sarah Palin related posts (3,000 comments and 10,000 comments). Reagan smiles down lovingly from above.

Marcus on June 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

So is it safe to assume that you are happy with the nation’s progress under our new leader?

Cindy Munford on June 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Does this early Palin thread mean Allah will be drunk by, say, 6pm? ;-)

SouthernGent on June 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM

In any election with an incumbent POTUS it comes down to the performance of the incumbent as perceived by voters, the state of their own financial and personal well-being, and the cogent proposals offered by the opposition to improve their lifestyle, condition or affirm a belief.

Of the latter I know that Sarah will be able to present a clear-cut alternative to Obama but the question in 2012 will be how has Obama performed and how do voters feel about their pending futures?

technopeasant on June 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I don’t care what anybody says. I just can’t stand her voice. Its like nails on a chalkboard.

Yes, the disastrous policies of the eloquent are preferable to the responsible policies of the supposedly inarticulate. Nice bit of Soviet logic there. I suppose a marathon speech from Fidel, Chavez, or Mao sends a thrill up your leg.

EMD on June 13, 2009 at 1:52 PM

The CNN title should probably say “Palin on Obama, Letterman and energy”. Wow a political news interview that actually stays on policy and governance instead of feuds and name calling. Echoing Allah “More like this, please”

PunditFight on June 13, 2009 at 1:52 PM

We’re looking for the first ever 50-0 landslide.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Why think so small, Obama should look to win in all 57 states.

bayview on June 13, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Just show liberals truely can’t accept attractive women in their agenda. Maybe thats why they don’t have any. Instead the have ones like Chaz ‘soon to have a’ Bono.

johnnyU on June 13, 2009 at 1:52 PM

You can’t feed the kids or fill your gas tank with Hope & Change.

portlandon on June 13, 2009 at 1:46 PM

William Amos on June 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Well I take the “fill your gas tank with hope & change” part back. General Government Motors is working on a Hybrid car that runs on both Hope & Change 2008 yard signs & placards. Sticker price $287,389 plus Tax. Obama will offer a government rebate of $312,500. So essentially he’ll pay you to buy them.

portlandon on June 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

We’ve all noticed how adroitly he handled the Bermuda, Uighur U.K. issue.

a capella on June 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

William Amos on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

True dat! Of course the left is where all the real racism resides.

conservnut on June 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Media critic to Palin: It’s been revealed that your second cousin twice removed owes 37 cents in back taxes from the fiscal year 1992. How do you respond this to shocking and heinous allegation?

Media critic to Obama: So what’s it like being totally awesome and sexy?

Ponz on June 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Cindy Munford on June 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Exactly. And as a “liberal” (quotes intentional; not quite so liberal anymore) McCain/Palin would have never gotten my vote, but I knew they would have been an improvement over the potential disaster that is in the White House right now.

And oh, how my perspective has been rocked since what the DNC did to Hillary, and then what the liberals did to Sarah.

The point is that attacking Hillary is a silly option for conservatives. Blue collar Dems who voted Hillary are ripe for the pickins to join Team Palin.

lansing quaker on June 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

So Hillary’s voice, whether she is speaking, singing or cackling, is ok?

bayview on June 13, 2009 at 1:40 PM

Hillary isn’t a target. Eyes on the prize, bayview.

lansing quaker on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Yeah, that’s true; and to their credit the Clintons were always fairly gracious to the Palins.

ddrintn on June 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Why think so small, Obama should look to win in all 57 states.

bayview on June 13, 2009 at 1:52 PM

By this time, Obama will have donated 7 to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

William Amos

We can use all that worthless paper money to insulate our homes (or cardboard boxes) when we can no longer afford heat.

SKYFOX on June 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

What fascinated me, and I guess it’s just because Republicans were embarassed about Iraq and the excessive spending, was that the GOP has been so stupid about her.

McCain was the old man, dying on the vine. He picked her, and it was a race.

She is the ONLY reason the GOP didn’t suffer a completely humiliating loss.

I just assumed, stupid as usual, that everyone saw that.

Good gravy, the VP is outdrawing the candidate?

It was obvious.

The “shame” factor….oh Gibson peer down his nose like a high school principal, and Couric asked stupid questions in a passive voice that sounded like she was talking to a wounded puppy…..that’s all about the war, the deficit, etc.

Come on, GOP. Cowboy up.

You did instigate the war. You did run up the deficit.

Don’t try to pretend now you’re the “good guys.”

Do some self-analysis.

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

SouthernGent on June 13, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Not necessarily, people have been baggering him since last night. He promised he would do it today since Ed had already posted the NBC interview. Spread the wealth.

Cindy Munford on June 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

I agree sorta on the voice issue. Catch is, it’s not her voice in general I find grating: it’s when she stutters or pauses. Something about how she does it sends a shiver up my leg…the bad kind.

Ebola on June 13, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I didn’t say anything about speaking ability. I said her voice is extremely annoying. Obama does have a good deep voice though. I think about 90% of America would rather listen to someone with Obama’s voice than Palin.

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM

First, substance trumps style.

Second, the choppiness of TOTUS’ voice is grating to me. I can’t stand that the man does not prepare in the least for speeches. It is very obvious when he is waiting for the words to scroll. If he were truly a “gifted” speaker, he would comfortable with words and would have no problems speaking because he would be conveying his true passions and beliefs.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on June 13, 2009 at 1:55 PM

How soon before more murder/rape/death fantasies are directed at her from the liberals? Sarah is very accurate, her arguments are factual, and her points are principled conservative beliefs. Liberals have no answer for her but to attack her personnaly, which is difficult when she has no real weakness, so they lie, make mountains out of mole hills, even when the mole hills are vapor, contrived from the vitrol they spew.

Sarah is on target when she makes the case that the private sector should develope the pipeline without federal dollars, and done for their bottom line, as it will lead to increased effiency in it’s construction. The jobs the project will provide will eclipse the dismal attempt that the President has made.

Rode Werk on June 13, 2009 at 1:55 PM

ddrintn on June 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

They have no axe to grind with her…

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:55 PM

i REALLY hate McCain.

Why?

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Now she’s being criticized for her voice?!!!

8starsnorth on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM
—————————
Yes, they’re running out of ideas

meerkat on June 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Finally, a journalist who simply asks the questions!

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Wolfie’s no journalist-he majored in history at the University of Buffalo.

Only reason he has a job is that he lives in the basement of CNN’s headquarters and refuses to leave.

Del Dolemonte on June 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM

They have no axe to grind with her…

Bill gets her. She’s a natural, like him.

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Allahpundit, thanks for this thread. I agree with you, Governor Palin does do very well in this interview and hope she does more like this.

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Yes, they’re running out of ideas

meerkat on June 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Really? Dave Letterman isn’t.

Upstater85 on June 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Obama sounds like a crackhead.

TimeTraveler on June 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM

He doesn’t sound like any of the crackheads I know. Maybe you just know some more well educated crackheads than I do. lol

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Obama is a crackhead

izoneguy on June 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM

ddrintn on June 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Well, we know why one of the Clintons has been.

conservnut on June 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Now she’s being criticized for her voice?!!!

8starsnorth on June 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM
—————————
Yes, they’re running out of ideas

meerkat on June 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Pretty sad huh? I for one would rather listen to her than most individuals. She can deliever a powerful speech IMO.

deidre on June 13, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Terry Silver on June 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

No, he got the nomination because he’s black. No white guy with a resume as paper-thin and full of holes as Obama would ever have been nominated for the presidency by either party.

ddrintn on June 13, 2009 at 1:58 PM