Video: Palin on Alaska’s new natural-gas pipeline and the dangers of Obamanomics

posted at 1:00 pm on June 13, 2009 by Allahpundit

‘Cuda fans have been begging us to post this, partly because it shows how effective she can be when she’s comfortable during an interview and partly because it’s an opportunity to tout her triumph in bringing Exxon on board to help build Alaska’s ambitious new natural-gas pipeline. Credit to Blitzer and CNN for giving her an opportunity to talk policy at length; the obligatory questions about the Letterman trainwreck don’t come until the very end, after an extended discussion of energy and an elaboration on what she meant when she said the tentacles of federal aid to the states will lead to “controlling the people.” More like this, please.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

Please feel free to be critical of me anytime.

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:36

Nope; you’re a net asset to this site – why would we want to be critical for one lapse.

And, going after SouthernGal was the right thing to do.

massrighty on June 13, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I’ve never directed a response to either Allahpundit or Ed;

But, I’m always interested in posting that furthers the cause; I like seeing these kind of posts about Governor Palin, but I’d also like to see more about former Governor Romney. I also enjoy when the Cheney’s (any of them) take someone to the woodshed. The more we put this out there, that there are strong, capable conservative spokesmen, and ideas and ideals in direct opposition to the current administration, the better off we are.

We need a good solid half-dozen spokesmen, to put our positions in play.

Governor Palin can certainly be one of those, and I’m glad to see her in a leadership role (not responding to a slam, or in some controversy brought on by ambush journalism.)

massrighty on June 13, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I missed SouthernGhoul getting banned? Wow, that was quicker than I’d even expected.

Jim Treacher on June 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Jim Treacher on June 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM

That one was very vile, manipulative, disruptive, and prolific. I rarely engage with trolls, but that one got me boiling.

Loxodonta on June 14, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Loxodonta on June 14, 2009 at 12:41 AM

Glad to see that Southern Cow got sent to the glue factory.

atheling on June 14, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Notice how quiet it is without her? It’s amazing how one person can be so disruptive.

Blake on June 14, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Terry Silver: “I think about 90% of America would rather listen to someone with Obama’s voice than Palin.” Terry, so glad to see you still believe form is more important than substance. Very impressive!

alwyr on June 14, 2009 at 1:13 AM

Palin’s voice is just more feminine, with a higher pitch. I suppose that would bother some people.

Frankly, I’m happy to hear any voice that doesn’t “umm…ahh…ummm” its way through a response.

howIroll on June 14, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Palin’s voice is fine. That she occasionally speaks too fast is a common complaint which I am guilty of on occasion. But for the most part Sarah can speak WITHOUT A TELEPROMPTER, without hemming and hawing. She is authentic and eloquent and incisive. Besides that one is born with a voice. It cannot be artificially changed or augmented like breast enhancement or enlarging a penis.

technopeasant on June 14, 2009 at 2:32 AM

No doubt howlroll! Obama nor his wife would pass a speech class. lol

Elektra on June 14, 2009 at 2:38 AM

I’ve been raging about the whole “everyone does it/it must be OK argument” for a long time; it seems to be getting worse, lately.

massrighty on June 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM

That is the entire defence of Obama by the left, with the “yea but Bush did it too” reflex. Obama just spent a gazillion dollars on pork. Yeah but Bush spent a gazillion on Iraq.

Nice to know political discourse is now at the 2nd grade level.

angryed on June 14, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Must Read:

Comedy, Bullies, and American Politics
Rosslyn Smith

Saul Alinsky taught two generations of American leftists to use ridicule as a potent political weapon. When the left infiltrated America’s entertainment outlets, the practice achieved industrial scale. More

maverick muse on June 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Loxodonta on June 14, 2009 at 12:41 AM

“It” assumed two labels to denigrate in its processed efforts to eliminate via subterfuge in bad form: the South and Women.

maverick muse on June 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Must Read:

Comedy, Bullies, and American Politics
Rosslyn Smith

maverick muse on June 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Yep, great article. I love the shot she took at Mark McKinnon: He won’t defend our children but he will defend his right to be invited on Meet the Press. LOL

Another good point is where she says that turning the other cheek may be good for the soul but bad for building a political party.

Some one in the comments said that the current silence by republicans politicians defending her is “deafening”. He’s right and it’s disgusting.

Blake on June 14, 2009 at 9:15 AM

howIroll on June 14, 2009 at 1:59 AM

And she addressed a variety of topics, extemporaneously, and without a teleprompter.

I have never bought the meme that BHO is/was a “great speaker”. He is not.

IrishEyes on June 14, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Oops. Meant to quote, not strike. Should have previewed.

IrishEyes on June 14, 2009 at 9:40 AM

maverick muse on June 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Thanks for the link, great article. I have all but given up on most network television because of the insidious way they denigrate all that is traditional. You would think that it would be against their own self interest to insult half the population so I have to assume that most people don’t care or I am hyper-sensitive. Regardless, there are shows that will never get my patronage.

Cindy Munford on June 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM

IrishEyes on June 14, 2009 at 9:40 AM

If you only knew how I often I do that. It’s almost become a trademark. Don’t feel lonely.

Cindy Munford on June 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM

maverick muse on June 14, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Great article Mav.
Go to HillBuzz and read some of Sebastian’s stuff. “The REAL difference between Democrats and Republicans: Dems know how to work the system – by Sebastian Gray for Gray Matters”.

Geochelone on June 14, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Morning, y’all.

I do enjoy Gov. Palin. She drives both the Liberals and the Country Club Republicans insane. And if CBS thinks the Letterman issue is going to go away, I believe they are sadly mistaken.

kingsjester on June 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM

WOW! Great interview. I hope other interviewers have the class that Wolf had. I have a new respect for him. And…keep going Sarah. The part about LOCAL control is SO GREAT. KEEP IT UP, PLEASE.

Dan Pet on June 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Makes you want to move to Alaska does`nt it. I hope she keeps the heat on just for the pure pleasure of watching the msm freak!

LSUMama on June 14, 2009 at 12:25 PM

CNN is reassessing its position as head of the libtards. This is similar to what certain types of rodents do when they are on ships that are sinking.

platypus on June 14, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Loxodonta on June 14, 2009 at 12:41 AM

maverick muse on June 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM

SouthernGal for all we know was probably more of a YankeeGeezer.

Although I noticed it called Bristol Palin a slut no less than five times on one page of a thread, so apparently it got a real thrill out of it. Maybe it was more of a Yankee*itch?

Regardless, well banned!

Great job by Palin in both interviews. I can see why she might not want to run for Governor again, if she’s virtually a prisoner in her state while the legislature is in session.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on June 14, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Not a Palin Fan, but I am very pleased to see how this interview went.

Squid Shark on June 14, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Not a Palin Fan…
Squid Shark on June 14, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Really? /s

CWforFreedom on June 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM

CCRWM on June 13, 2009 at 8:41 PM

i don’t usually read through entire threads, but i have nothing better to do today.

it was all worth it for that comment!

homesickamerican on June 14, 2009 at 2:11 PM

CWforFreedom on June 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Just because I do get all “adolescent girl at a Backstreet Boys Concert” over her does not mean I dont think she will be a good candidate in ’12 or ’16. I am pleased to see her interviews containing less bumpersticker and more substance.

Squid Shark on June 14, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Obama sounds governs like a crackhead.

TimeTraveler on June 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM

PackerBronco on June 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM

kingsjester on June 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM

The Letterman joke is the “one step too far” that the media took against Palin. Because of it, they have made her a sympathetic figure and they have to dial it back. Quite simply, they can’t apologize for attacking her daughter(s) in one breath and then continue to make fun of her in the next.

PackerBronco on June 14, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I like Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin will never be president.

She is not Ivy League educated, she is a Republican who seems to live out her values, and she says things like “ya.”

The media and the left will eat her alive. By the time they’re done many people will believe she eats babies. Even feminist women, who should celebrate her as the living embodiment of everything they aspire to for women, will alternately spit venom at her and ignore “liberals” who do worse.

Compare Sarah Palin to Joe Biden: Joe Biden is a nice guy who is also an absolute IDIOT. But he’s no threat to Saint Obama, and Sarah Palin was, in the eyes of the media, so she had to be destroyed.

Phineas Caesar on June 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I like Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin will never be president.

Would you have ever guessed that she would become President of Alaska? Don’t underestimate the power of the force.

Geochelone on June 14, 2009 at 5:41 PM

If some states seceded, I’d vote for Sarah as the President of the new union.

atheling on June 14, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Phineas Caesar on June 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM

That’s already the case. At one time, they also said over and over and over that Reagan was a slobbering idiotic lunatic who was going to get us all incinerated.

It all depends on how Sarah Palin presents herself. The overkill from the moonbats has pretty much guaranteed that she has nowhere to go but up.

ddrintn on June 14, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Meh.

I think you’ve been sold the wrong dynamic.

She would have the advantage, which enables her to give the hysterical hypocrites on the screaming left enough rope to hang themselves.

She would win against Obama.

They would have to run a woman, and that’s not going to happen.

Saltysam on June 14, 2009 at 6:45 PM

All this crap about whether Palin can or can’t be elected POTUS…. it’s nonsense now… if we continue down our present path (bailouts, unreal deficits, double digit unemployment) my left testicle will be able to beat Obama. 2012 will be a referendum on teh won.

BPD on June 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM

SARAH PALIN 2012

“WHERE’S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE…BARRY???

byteshredder on June 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Blake on June 14, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Michael Steele has come out in full support of Sarah and said Americans need to tune Letterman out.

Kudos to Steele for getting it right this time! Also McCain scolded Letterman (not too strongly ‘cuz we know Mac loves going on the Late Show to show how hip he is /sarc).

Still waiting for the rest of the spineless GOP…..

sarahpalinfan99 on June 15, 2009 at 4:52 AM

sarahpalinfan99 on June 15, 2009 at 4:52 AM

I watched Meet The Press yesterday with guests Joe Scarborough and Mike Murphy.

David Gregory, the host, showered more love to the ‘Cuda than any of these two gentlemen.

Neither one could admit objectively that SP had an excellent9-10 days from her speech in Anchorage on June 3 introducing Michael Reagan to her interview with Wolf Blitzer on June 12. Neither would bring up the most recent poll by CNN that had Romney, Palin and Huckabee virtually tied in support. These men are supposed to be ‘insiders’ and I would expect them to be intellectually honest. What they appeared to be were men that had a chip of their RINO shoulders and intellectually dishonest to dismiss Sarah Palin as a major player.

I am a supporter of Sarah Palin, but even if I were not I could not in all honesty deny the reality of the numbers and her perceived support all across America. To flippantly say others are more worthy to succeed is frankly misleading and disingenuous. Shame on you Scarborough and Murphy. You guys are representative of the rot that exists currently in the GOP.

The party needs to remove this rot immediately before it begins to permeate the entire GOP like a cancer which could mean the neutralization of the GOP as a credible opponent to Obama and the Democrats.

technopeasant on June 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM

They have learned how to handle her…Couric took the low road, and look where she is.
Just give her the tough newsworthy question, in a reasonable manner, that is all we ask from the left.
Wolfy did all right, and let her answer the questions, questions that are important.

right2bright on June 15, 2009 at 9:28 AM

No decisions she wants to share right now… Hum…

Aronne on June 15, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Aronne on June 15, 2009 at 12:07 PM

If a reporter had asked this question of Sarah Palin at the beginning of August last year I think she might have given the answer of, “It’s still early-I haven’t made a decision yet, but I’m leaning to running for re-election.

August 29th 2008 changed the entire dynamic. Folks, it’s called life. Opportunity has presented Sarah Palin with some options now. No longer does she have to automatically run for re-election. After her book is published, she will no longer need a job to do to each day.

That does not mean she will not run for re-election or definitely run for POTUS in 2012 but you would have to be absolutely clueless not to realize that Sarah Palin is going to consider all her options.

technopeasant on June 15, 2009 at 1:02 PM

This is the woman who my Obama lovin’ bro hates with every fiber of his uber-liberal, guilt-riden, adolescent being.
He has said that she is ‘stupid, doesn’t care about anything outside of her little world, and is very, very ambitious…’
This video downgrades the ‘stupidity’ and the claim that she doesn’t care about the rest of the country, but there’s that ambition, which is A-OK in a ‘man’ like Obama, (who is Marxist usurper and puppet, without a valid Birth Certificate AND 2 American parents), but is unseemly in a mother of five and a grandmother of one.
She is a warrior who needs to sharpen her sword before she gets on the national stage again. If she decides not to run for President, I will heave a sigh of relief because the misogynists–on both sides–will completely destroy her with their visceral hatred, if not real weapons.

Christine on June 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM

Christine on June 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM

I will agree with you that Sarah is not ready to be POTUS today.

But Sarah has two years to prepare her game. She will be ready when the late spring primary debates begin in May 2011.

“It is easier to study up and get smarter than it is to NOT have a PERSONALITY and try to get one.”

Roger Simon

technopeasant on June 15, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Rush Limbaugh on his radio program today just asserted that Sarah Palin could beat Obama in 2012.

technopeasant on June 15, 2009 at 1:55 PM