Video: Obama auto team called shareholder lawyer a “terrorist”

posted at 8:46 am on June 13, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

When we last left the negotiations between Chrysler’s senior bondholders and Barack Obama’s auto task force, Thomas Lauria and his clients alleged that the government used intimidation tactics and threatened to sic the White House press corps on individuals if they didn’t give up their rights to allow the unions to win in the bankruptcy. Congress took an interest in this”madman” theory of the Presidency and got access to some e-mails floating between the task force and an analyst.  Rep, Steven LaTourette (R-OH) reads from the e-mails, in which the auto task force calls Lauria — their attorney — a “terrorist” and refuses to negotiate after a Chrylser expert consulted him:

Ms Underestimated writes:

The important part comes at the end: an email exchange between Matthew Feldman, attorney on the President’s Auto Task Force, and Robert Manzo, Chrysler restructuring expert. Manzo is basically pleading to further negotiate to prevent bankruptcy, but Feldman is having none of it. Here is the exchange:

Robert Manzo, Chrysler restructuring expert: “I hope you think it’s worth giving this one more shot.”

Matthew Feldman, attorney on the President’s Auto Task Force: “I’m now not talking to you. You went where you shouldn’t.”

Manzo: “Sorry. I didnt’ mean to say the wrong thing and I obviously did. I was trying oto make sure that if we had to contribute to the solution you knew we had some room. Sorry I did not realize the mistake!!”

Feldman: “It’s over. The President doesn’t negotiate second rounds. We’ve given and lent billions of dollars so your team could manage this properly….And now you’re telling me to bend over to a terrorist like Lauria? That’s B.S.”

A terrorist like Lauria? Lauria represented a teacher’s pension fund in Indiana (among other bondholders), and had the temerity to insist that the government follow contract law.  I may be no fan of lawyers, but I don’t call them terrorists.  Apparently the White House has another view of lawyers, especially when they insist that the government follow the law.

In this process, we see which side tried to terrorize the other, and it wasn’t Lauria’s.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Welcome to the Land of Obama, gang. Rule of law means nothing.

Cleveland Steamer on June 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM

“Comedy Thats Funny”

I didn’t find that funny and I don’t think that’s a spoof in anyway. That’s soft propaganda for the morons that voted for barry. There is nothing critical or making fun of barry in a relevent manner. barry and michelle dance while they spew the same hope and change garbage that every wanna be totalitarian leader spewed since Roman times.

peacenprosperity on June 14, 2009 at 10:01 AM

“Freedom Fighter!” LOL!

Lauria – American Patriot; I am glad they still make them like this, as we will need more Laurias before Obama’s term has concluded.

Mutnodjmet on June 14, 2009 at 11:48 AM

As much as these effing Marxists piss me off, there’s a little devil on my shoulder and he’s laughing his ass off over this. The teachers’ pension fund hires Lauria to fight for their investment in Chrysler against the scumbag little socialist that they helped elect President, and still support almost unanimously.

Hey teachers: GFY. Obama is your boy, not mine.

Jaibones on June 14, 2009 at 3:36 PM

This reminds me of those videos of the Obamabots clappign their hands and rapping the “Because of Obama I can…”

“Because of Obama, we can ignore contracts and over throw 200 yrs of law…(Clap Clap)

“Because of Obama, I can get something for nuthin…(clap clap)”

“Because of Obama, we can take over companies and call it reparations for stuff I wasn’t even alive for….(clap clap)”

JP1986UM on June 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Thugocracy.

Rollie on June 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM

…hmmm…five months in office, and they’ve already got a fine bunker mentality a’growin’….

…the worshipful press, compliant entertainment industry, and academia lighting candles to him aren’t enough…the slightest whiff of opposition, and it’s batten down the hatches….

…and they thought Nixon was a paraniod….

Puritan1648 on June 14, 2009 at 6:23 PM

How dare you besmirch Prince Obama!

Cybergeezer on June 14, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Don’t you love it when Libtards are painted into a corner they haul out the, “Well, we are free to disagree! ‘-) ” line.

When in a position of authority, they then merely call you a terrorist.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 14, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Legal Extortion

Kini on June 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM

<<<>>>

AMERICAN VETERAN on June 15, 2009 at 2:27 AM

THUG THIZZLE

AMERICAN VETERAN on June 15, 2009 at 2:28 AM

Rollie on June 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM

LOL,

AMERICAN VETERAN on June 15, 2009 at 2:29 AM

Get used to if you disagree with this administration you will get a new name and poor representation in the media. You will be the devil.

workingforpigs on June 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM

Hey teachers: GFY. Obama is your boy, not mine.

Jaibones on June 14, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Yeah, but the teachers aren’t paying attention. They’ll vote for him again, because their unions endorse him. They’ll also buy that pension plan that the union recommends, and lose thousands of dollars because of fees and other kickbacks to the union. Note how the LA Times headline trys to play this off as inefficiency instead of corruption.

And these are the folks who are training the next generation of leaders?

hawksruleva on June 15, 2009 at 11:06 AM

During the POTUS campaign and the run up to the election, every blue-dog I ever encountered, whether it be on the interwebs or in person face-to-face, discounted and/or completely dismissed Barack Hussein Obama’s direct connections and collaborating affiliations with the likes of; Frank Marshall Davis, Saul Alinsky, John L. McKnight, William Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn . . .

My experience also. And – they still are dismissing all of that, and more.

Alana on June 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Just another example of the Chicago Mob mentality from the ONE!

regmgr on June 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Oh, so they finally found a context to use the word terrorist in.

He wasn’t a man caused disasterer?

James on June 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Im sorry but the obama administrator and ALL the democraps
need to learn the difference between
A US citizen and the Islamic terrorists..

“www.veteranoutrage.com\public_blog”

veteranoutrage on June 15, 2009 at 4:32 PM

This is sick when obama and the dems
Start calling US citizens Terrorists
and then Give FREE vacations to bermuda costing over 200 million dollars to the Mass murdering Islamic nazis

I have had enough of these morons..

veteranoutrage on June 15, 2009 at 4:33 PM

OT: the front photo definitely brought to you by Newports.

baldilocks on June 15, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I can’t hear you (fingers in the ears )

Na na na na na na na n na nna

I can’t hear you (fingers in the ears )

Isn’t having the adults in charge great!

DSchoen on June 15, 2009 at 6:39 PM