Video: Obama auto team called shareholder lawyer a “terrorist”

posted at 8:46 am on June 13, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

When we last left the negotiations between Chrysler’s senior bondholders and Barack Obama’s auto task force, Thomas Lauria and his clients alleged that the government used intimidation tactics and threatened to sic the White House press corps on individuals if they didn’t give up their rights to allow the unions to win in the bankruptcy. Congress took an interest in this”madman” theory of the Presidency and got access to some e-mails floating between the task force and an analyst.  Rep, Steven LaTourette (R-OH) reads from the e-mails, in which the auto task force calls Lauria — their attorney — a “terrorist” and refuses to negotiate after a Chrylser expert consulted him:

Ms Underestimated writes:

The important part comes at the end: an email exchange between Matthew Feldman, attorney on the President’s Auto Task Force, and Robert Manzo, Chrysler restructuring expert. Manzo is basically pleading to further negotiate to prevent bankruptcy, but Feldman is having none of it. Here is the exchange:

Robert Manzo, Chrysler restructuring expert: “I hope you think it’s worth giving this one more shot.”

Matthew Feldman, attorney on the President’s Auto Task Force: “I’m now not talking to you. You went where you shouldn’t.”

Manzo: “Sorry. I didnt’ mean to say the wrong thing and I obviously did. I was trying oto make sure that if we had to contribute to the solution you knew we had some room. Sorry I did not realize the mistake!!”

Feldman: “It’s over. The President doesn’t negotiate second rounds. We’ve given and lent billions of dollars so your team could manage this properly….And now you’re telling me to bend over to a terrorist like Lauria? That’s B.S.”

A terrorist like Lauria? Lauria represented a teacher’s pension fund in Indiana (among other bondholders), and had the temerity to insist that the government follow contract law.  I may be no fan of lawyers, but I don’t call them terrorists.  Apparently the White House has another view of lawyers, especially when they insist that the government follow the law.

In this process, we see which side tried to terrorize the other, and it wasn’t Lauria’s.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This administration will not yeild to something so simple as another election.

MikeA on June 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM

That’s the real danger…no doubt about it.

TheBigOldDog on June 13, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Don’t feel discouraged
Might be dark in America for awhile
But sunny shores are ahead.
blatantblue

I’m usually a pretty optimistic person (as opposed to your average Liberal who is always miserable and makes sure everyone else is, too), but I am very concerned about what this egomaniac in the White House is going to do to destroy the freedoms that you and I were fortunate to enjoy. What kind of America is going to exist for them 10 years from now? What kind of tax burden are they going to have to shoulder just so people can have “free” this and “free” that?
This is getting depressing. We have an empty suit (with biceps!) in the White House with a wife (with killer arms!)who only became proud of her country in the last year; a media that is still orgasmic over both of them and a train that is about to run off the cliff and it has only been 5 months.

I think I need some of that coffee –maybe a double espresso.

Beaglemom on June 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Anniekc

Well give my store your business :p

Anywho

I used to think things were inevitable
But they aren’t. Nothing is certain and the path for the Stupid Crats is not paved with gold. Things change.

It seems so easy for them now, but it won’t be in the future.

Europes supposed shift rightward in it’s parliamentary elections gives me hope.

I think things are cyclical, however terrible they may get. I hope you can find some comfort in that.

It may seem like the left will hold a reign of a thousand years
But they won’t.

They can’t fight a natural cycle
Nor can they prevent their natural habit of shooting themselves in the foot.

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t fight for what’s good and right

Just we need perspective

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Oops–make that “What kind of America is going to exist for our children 10 years from now.”

Beaglemom on June 13, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Where are our courts?

Rule of law????

yada yada…

Lonetown on June 13, 2009 at 10:24 AM

kelley in virginia on June 13, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Ouch. I’m glad I quit smoking back in the George Bush Sr. days. I was too cheap to go the $ 2.00 a pack!

anniekc on June 13, 2009 at 10:28 AM

RJGatorEsq. on June 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I come from a long line of lawyers and I too don’t care for those blanket statements. I blame Shakespeare, he started it.

Congratulations on your successful business deal and God bless your client’s capitalist hearts. Best of luck to them.

sherry on June 13, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I thought the “t” word was not permitted in the new land of unicorns & butterflies?

redridinghood on June 13, 2009 at 10:30 AM

My scary place is where the administration has a liege of registered voters that will pull the level or punch the chad for him because he is getting things done. It is of no consequence what he gets done or how he coerces the outcome; they see him as an “accomplisher” – something they know they themselves are ill-equipped to be for themselves.

ericdijon on June 13, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Facism101+communism101=Obama administration.

Johan Klaus on June 13, 2009 at 10:31 AM

While I appreciate your optimism, I’m worried that my body is not going to tolerate all the anti-rage and anti-anxiety drugs I’m going to need!

I’m serious! I have NEVER had this kind of overwhelming anger in my life before- I may personally keep the wine industry solvent for the next few years.

anniekc on June 13, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Deer Leader thanks you, comrade anniekc, for doing your part to contribute to the glorious success of our first 8-year Economic Stimulus Plan. A hearty cheer to you:

The People!
United!
Shall Never Be Defeated!

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 10:32 AM

It reads like the script of a bad morality play…

The persona in authority, sneering as he runs roughshod over the interests of others.

The intermediary groveling as he pleads for mercy.

The person in authority dismissing his begging, and declaring that the discussion is over because he can decide whatever he likes, while condemning the person who demands justice and that the law be followed as a “terrorist” who won’t ever get anything because she dared to disagree with him.

Apparently the President’s automotive task force is being run by people inspired by B-film villains.

Sackett on June 13, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Beaglemom on June 13, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Exactly. I keep telling my son that I get a vote in who he marries because I’m fairly confident we’ll all be living happily ever after together.

On a more serious note; The real tragedy of Obama’s insanity, (and I do think he’s a little, “off”) is that he’s going to dismantle and destroy systems and institutions that can never be resurrected. There will be no private industry. I think the insurance industry is looking over their shoulders at the auto industry in a BIG way.

anniekc on June 13, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Don’t feel discouraged

Might be dark in America for awhile

But sunny shores are ahead.

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I love your outlook and I also share it. Instead of being discouraged by the media, I monitor my liberal and democrat friends. Most, but certainly not all, are coming around. I have three more years to work on them and Obama himself is assisting me quite nicely.

sherry on June 13, 2009 at 10:37 AM

The People!
United!
Shall Never Be Defeated!

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 10:32 AM

OH! (light dawning) So that’s why people in the Soviet Union were always portrayed as vodka guzzling drones!

anniekc on June 13, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Feldman’s words reflect hose of an unbelievably immature bully whose only interest is in winning, not negotiating.

…and what does it say about out president, that he ‘doesn’t negotiate second rounds? ..but of course, we already knew HE was a bully.

Negotiation requires a willingness to compromise.

LEBA on June 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Sherry

Glad you feel the same

The dems think they have everything on lock down. They don’t.

Europe seemed to be stuck in a downward spiral. Now we see that might not be the case.

Nothing man does is inevitable

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Each act by this power-hungry administration makes me feel more despondent about the future state of this country, but perhaps that is the demoralizing feeling they want us to have.

The IRS thrives on intimidation and fear to get people to comply with their interpretation of tax law. In the same way, Obama seems to be gaining more control through these tactics in the media and in private meetings. Is there nobody willing to go to court to challenge the constitutionality of what he’s done already?

threeCents on June 13, 2009 at 10:44 AM

hose those. duh.

LEBA on June 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Cindy Munford
Loxodonta
blatantblue

Thanks for the encouraging words.

keebs on June 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Terrorism is defined by instilling terror, or fear in others.

Seems to me, by that definition, Obama, his goons, and a lot of Dems, could be defined as….terrorists.

capejasmine on June 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Their goal is to put us in a hole we cannot climb out of. This will guarantee their dominance for at least a generation. Anger causes action and fear causes paralysis. If Ogabe can make us more fearful than angry he has won. It’s a dangerous gamble, but he must think it’s worth the risk.

SKYFOX on June 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM

out our … good grief! The more pi**ed off I am, the more mistakes I make. lol.

LEBA on June 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM

anniekc on June 13, 2009 at 10:40 AM

So, the next time you get upset by our Islamist appeaser, just remember:

Vodka means Peace.

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM

It’s impossible to negotiate when one side is not bound by the rules of the game. We are living under a mafia style thugocracy. The tone of Feldman’s e-mails are embarrassing. This guy sounds like Joey the Clown Lombardo.

Ted Torgerson on June 13, 2009 at 10:56 AM

here’s something interesting I found out about Russian vodka customs.

In certain parts it is customary to chase a shot of vodka with pickle juice.

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM

You never cease to amaze me with your vast storehouse of practical knowledge.

Now, tell me, what do you do with the pickles?

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I hope Lauria sues the administration’s ass off.

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on June 13, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Now, tell me, what do you do with the pickles?

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

‘Snort’>_<

thomasaur on June 13, 2009 at 11:04 AM

‘Snort’>_<

thomasaur on June 13, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Really?!!!!

What big nostrils you have!

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Maybe the pickles were eaten over time
And the juice saved

It’s been claimed the pickle juice neutralizes some of the unpleasant feeling of vodka going down the throat and into the tummy

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

What big nostrils you have!

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I knew that was coming.

thomasaur on June 13, 2009 at 11:09 AM

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM

As I recall from my days as a vodka drinker that problem is solved by drinking better vodka.

thomasaur on June 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Thom

Depends if it’s potato grain or grape

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM

We all tend to poo poo such things as the Chrysler and GM thuggish tactics but do nothing because we are not Indiana teachers or firefighters. Until it effects us we seem to say, oh that is just not right…and we do nothing. What can we do? How can we stop this nonsense?

d1carter on June 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Good morning Lox, blatan, thom…. ;)

doriangrey on June 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Mornin dude

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Depends if it’s potato grain or grape

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM

As a former vodka connoisseur of both bad and good vodka I know this. I also don’t think that taste was the Soviets main reason for drinking.

thomasaur on June 13, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Greeting and blessings doriangrey.

thomasaur on June 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM

If I were soviet I’d be in a drunken stupor all day

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Good morning Lox, blatan, thom…. ;)

doriangrey on June 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Maybe it’s a good morning for you, but I have a terrible hangover.

Too much pickle juice last night.

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM

If I were soviet I’d be in a drunken stupor all day

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM

So, you finally admit you are a soviet!

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

If I were soviet I’d be in a drunken stupor all day

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM

In case you haven’t noticed you are, welcome to the United Soviet States of America comrade. Better get started on that drunken stupor… ;p

doriangrey on June 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Maybe it’s a good morning for you, but I have a terrible hangover.

Too much pickle juice last night.

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Take the pickles out before drinking the juice and you wont get a hangover… ;p

doriangrey on June 13, 2009 at 11:29 AM

doriangrey on June 13, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Stop Gherkin off.

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Too much pickle juice last night.

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM

It just dawned on me, how bad was the vodka when vinegar and dill soothed your stomach?

thomasaur on June 13, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Too much pickle juice last night.

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Is that what is meant when one is said to be pickled?

OldEnglish on June 13, 2009 at 11:33 AM

thomasaur on June 13, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Just think how oppressive the government was that the Russian people drank that vodka, knowing it was that bad, to sooth their aching minds… ;p

doriangrey on June 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM

So what man made disaster did Lauria facilitate?

What is worse in all this, is that the SCOTUS gave Obama carte blanche to do as he pleases. All hail the great O.

moonsbreath on June 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Is that what is meant when one is said to be pickled?

OldEnglish on June 13, 2009 at 11:33 AM

Be kind. To some people, pickles are their Bread-and-Butter.

Loxodonta on June 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I have a feeling with all the vitriol recently coming from the left, (in all forms and constituent’s), ie starting with Obama’s partial release of EIT’s, Pelosi’s attack on the CIA and her most recent refusal to protect the lives of our military in arms way by insisting on releasing damaging photos, the Paul Krugman diatribe calling the conservative media “instigators of hate”, AND NOW administration officials calling representative American citizens TERRORIST, there appears to be a defensive posture brewing amound many in the Democratic Party. Why else would these “attack machines” feel the necessity to defend their insane policies, (that the general electorate is beginning to question in serious numbers), by this full court verbal assualt by the liberal left, including morons like Letterman and others.

With Obama’s pathetic foreign policy of appeasement and kissy-face with our “miss-understood” enemies, (that is producing despots like NK’s Kim to puff his chest out and tell the rest of the world to F-off—-Iran following their same dangerous path to a nuke), many nations who have for decades relied on our strength for their protection are now fearing they are left to their own for defense against the certain oppressions coming their way.

Add all of this to the charlatan arrogance of spending this nations fiscal wealth to the point of eternal ruin, and what else should we expect from the left except these frugal attacks against all who have valued the conservative pricipals that have made this nation the greatest protector of individual liberty.

All these attacks indicate to me that they, (the liberal Democrats) and their socialist agenda is crumbling in support. When the strain of reality sets in and the electorate have finally begun to realize this “new direction” is a fatal mistake, the “HATE” WILL FURTHER PERPETUATE FROM THE LEFT IN THIS DEFENSIVE POSTURE. They’re getting furiously desperate—and the signs are all around us. The line has been crossed, and they’re on the wrong side.

Rovin on June 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM

What happens when your Constitutionally protected free press becomes the State Run Media ?

tarpon on June 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM

If I were soviet I’d be in a drunken stupor all day

blatantblue on June 13, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Now I understand why I’ve had this inexplicable urge to drink heavily ever since Obama took office.

ElectricPhase on June 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM

So what man made disaster did Lauria facilitate?

moonsbreath on June 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Like Joe the Plumber, he dared to defy the One…

doriangrey on June 13, 2009 at 11:41 AM

tarpon on June 13, 2009 at 11:38 AM

OOOOPS!!!! Too late…already there.

Jarhead68 on June 13, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Terrorist???

Send him to a tropical paradise with $12 million. That’ll show him!

Felonious Monk on June 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM

moonsbreath on June 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Agreed. I am still trying to figure out where in the Constitution, they found their judgement, for this. This basically laid out, that what Obama is doing, is legal, and Constitutional, and anyone here, with some common sense can tell them…IT IS NOT!!!

capejasmine on June 13, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Ironically, George Bush would have been labeled as a dictator for doing much less than this. The Bush to Hitler comparisons were cliched by the time he left office, but the egomaniacal, narcissistic boy-king (with biceps) is far worse than anything W could have dreamed up on his worst day ever.

College Prof on June 13, 2009 at 11:55 AM

It seems our entire system of checks and balances have been flushed, and Obama has free rein to do whatever he pleases.

Is it still too early to talk about secession, which to my mind is the final “nuclear” option, check on federal power?

Rebar on June 13, 2009 at 12:27 PM

It is plain to see by this week’s actions by the US federal govt in DC that ANYONE that opposes their plans is a terrorist. Pretty soon, they may declare the UK govt as terrorist state since they opposed the Uighars going to Bermuda

ConservativePartyNow on June 13, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Obama is firing people he doesn’t even have the power to fir(the IG). He is circumventing Congress. The IG had the audacity to do his job and caught one of Obama’s pals in a crooked deal, so he must go. How can he keep getting by with this? It seems there’s no way to stop him, which is very depressing. And last night on Hannity, Lanny Davis said in every poll, people overwhelmingly voted that they believe the country is for the first time ever going in the right direction. How can this be? This is like the worst nightmare ever!

silvernana on June 13, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Guess we can see now what these released Gitmo prisoners are going to be doing for their work programs.

coyoterex on June 13, 2009 at 12:42 PM

A couple thoughts leap to mind:

1. The Obama administration won’t call terrorists terrorists but they’re more than willing to call lawyers who fight for the rule of law terrorists. What’s up with that?

2. The Obama administration won’t hesitate in politically destroying anyone that disagrees with them. I just wish they did that with real terrorists. Unfortunately, they don’t.

LFRGary on June 13, 2009 at 12:47 PM

The MSM will cover for them to the point of its own destruction, at which point the tapestry of lies will begin to unravel.

Don’t know if that will happen in time, but there you are.

Most people will not see this news.

Merovign on June 13, 2009 at 12:56 PM

silvernana on June 13, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Lanny Davis is an accomplished liar. Didn’t he also claim that Barack doesn’t want a single payer healthcare system? I hope Hannity calls him back and plays this video for him.

Buy Danish on June 13, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Language has been lost. Alas, we’re all trolls or terrorists, if we disagree. :)

AnninCA on June 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM

LFRGary on June 13, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Evan Sayet. Look up on YouTube.

Modern leftists HAVE TO live in a morally and rationally inverted world, or their core beliefs are exposed as idiocy. Real terrorists are victims of the successful West because to believe otherwise would be discriminatory.

Seriously, it makes no sense to you, but the left it’s such a core doctrine that they march for the release of murderers and the imprisonment of heroes, they forgive and sin of real murdering terrorists but demand the ultimate punishment for imaginary sins of their victims.

They’re nuts.

Merovign on June 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM

silvernana on June 13, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Transcript of Lanny Davis shamelessly lying on Hannity:

HANNITY: And we continue now with our Great American Panel.

All right. I’m going to him first, because he’s supporting this. All right. So we just got information now that the early estimates in terms of tax increases for Obamacare is $600 billion in taxes, $400 billion in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid. These are the early numbers. He’s already laid down $634 billion as his down payment for this. We have quadrupled the deficit, quadrupled the debt, and we’re going to be paying $1 trillion in interest on Obama’s economy and all the money he’s spending now as we steal from our kids.

Why do you support nationalizing the economy as he does?

DAVIS: First of all, your numbers are cooked.

HANNITY: The numbers aren’t cooked. Bloomberg.com, hardly the right wing. The Hill right here.

DAVIS: Your numbers are cooked about the deficit tripling as a result of Barack Obama.

HANNITY: CBO. CBO says that — that Barack Obama’s given us $10 trillion in debt and $806 billion a year on interest.

DAVIS: If you look at the deficit attributable to George Bush versus the deficit attributable to Barack Obama, you will find that the Bush administration holdover is two-thirds…

HANNITY: Wrong. Wrong. He quadrupled it in one year. Lanny, you’ve got to start taking responsibility for your president.

DAVIS: I don’t have to buy your numbers, which are cooked, but let me answer your question.

Right now this country is going bankrupt because of what its paying for health care, so when you say what we’re going to pay for health care to take away from the costs of current health care, you’ve got to use a net figure.

HANNITY: OK, why is it going to be any different than Great Britain? A government-rationing body three weeks ago decided women with breast cancer, they don’t get the medicine that they need. That’s a death sentence, because they can’t afford it. Why is it going to be any different when Obamacare kicks in?

DAVIS: Because Obama is not a socialized medicine plan.

HANNITY: Yes, it is.

DAVIS: It is…

HANNITY: It’s choice, but choice means the insurance companies.

DAVIS: All I do with you are facts, and then you do the spin. The facts are…

HANNITY: The truth.

DAVIS: The facts are that everybody can keep their own doctor, keep their own private insurance companies, have their own choices. But if you’re uninsured, you’re employer, just like your driver’s license, you have to pay or play, and that’s the difference.

And…

DAVIS: … for ending the segment to tell you that, for the first time in probably the last ten years, the country says we’re going in the right direction and Barack Obama has been a great inspiration…

HANNITY: You’re not reading the polls. People want to give the money back and the stimulus.

DAVIS: Numbers say for the first time that the country’s going in the right direction. Every poll. Every poll, because there’s hope in America.

Buy Danish on June 13, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Redefining America: One enemy at a time.

29Victor on June 13, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Sackett on June 13, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Yeah, your right… reminds me of this:

Drew (Ronny Cox Lauria): “It is a matter of the [bankruptcy] law!”
Lewis (Burt Reynolds Barrack Obama): “The law? Ha! What [bankruptcy] law? WHERE’S THE LAW, DREW?”
From the motion picture Deliverance (1972)

ReagansRight on June 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Buy Danish:

That’s why we are where we are. Democrat politicians lie, the Democrat MSM backs them up or changes the subject, and not enough people hear when the truth is pointed out.

It’s not a question of whether their policies will fail, it’s how much damage is done in the process.

Merovign on June 13, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Buy Danish on June 13, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Lanny is a good little lap dog, isn’t he? *sigh*

capejasmine on June 13, 2009 at 2:25 PM

“The President doesn’t negotiate second rounds.”

Glad we got rid of that cowboy, Bush….

notropis on June 13, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Merovign on June 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Yeah, that’s a great talk, isn’t it? He also demonstrates how the Modern Liberal has to deliberately make himself stupid in order to be indiscriminate.

Here’s the link:

Felonious Monk on June 13, 2009 at 2:46 PM

First thing you do, kill all the lawyers.

People think this means Shakespeare hated lawyers, but it is the opposite. The line is part of a character’s “plan” to be a complete tyrant. In order to do it, he would have to get rid of all the lawyers who protect people from tyranny. Looks like Obama thinks the same.

Dark Star on June 13, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Absolut Power

BrideOfRove on June 13, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Bend over? Isn’t that an euphenism for submitting to anal sex? Is that how Obama’s mouth piece speaks to the other side?

“The President doesn’t negotiate second rounds.”

Glad we got rid of that cowboy, Bush….

notropis on June 13, 2009 at 2:31 PM

I think he meant “sloppy seconds.”

Blake on June 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Barack Obama is a terrorist.

He’s a lawyer, and he’s doing things I don’t like. Apparently that’s all you need to call someone a terrorist these days.

daryl_herbert on June 13, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I used to think the difference between the USA and the USSR is that the government of the USSR was run by thugs and crooks and the USA government ran after thugs and crooks. Now we have thugs and crooks running our government. Hello USSA!

This line: “It’s over. The President doesn’t negotiate second rounds.” exemplifies thugocracy in action.

Dhuka on June 13, 2009 at 4:48 PM

During the POTUS campaign and the run up to the election, every blue-dog I ever encountered, whether it be on the interwebs or in person face-to-face, discounted and/or completely dismissed Barack Hussein Obama’s direct connections and collaborating affiliations with the likes of; Frank Marshall Davis, Saul Alinsky, John L. McKnight, William Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, Mike Klonsky, Marilyn Katz, Carl Davidson, Bill Fletcher, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Father Michael Pfleger, Rashid Khalidi, and Antoin “Tony” Rezko, just to name a few. Each and every one is a socialist, communist, true-blue domestic terrorist, or crook… or any combination thereof.

These are not simply just associations or loosely affiliated collaborations either. All of these connections are close friends and/or “mentors,” and members of affiliations/organizations that Obama willingly participated with and in – and helped financially support while he sat on the boards of several ‘Community Organizations’. If Barack doesn’t know about their past and their political ideologies, then he is oblivious to his surroundings and does not belong in the White House as the leader of our country. If he knew about these things but didn’t think they mattered, then he is beyond naïve and does not belong in the White House. If he knew about these things and openly welcomed it, then he’s just downright dangerous and does not belong on a local school board, let alone in the White House leading America.

There are numerous things those I listed have in common. One thing for certain they have in common is they are people that are/were part of organizations that devoutly believe in a socialist/communist ideology and who, whether by force or fear (ie: Law Suits), have in the past forced their ideologies and practices on their communities and even on those unwilling to voluntarily participate.

Now, Barack Hussein Obama is doing it to our entire country and some of those Socialists/Communists listed above are still his current advisors, personal website bloggers, or were part of the POTUS campaign that got him elected. Whether by force or fear, Barack Hussein Obama will nationalize major U.S. corporations and financial institutions and whetheer by force or fear, he will impose his ideologies and personal beliefs on us all during his presidency. That would be great if his personal beliefs, and the beliefs of the Liberal Socialist dominated Congress and Senate weren’t anti-Democracy, anti-Freedom, anti-Capitalist, and directly opposed to portions of our Constitution.

The blatantly true terrorist is Barack Hussein Obama and his ‘community organizer’ White House administration. He is proving as much each and every day of his presidency. Convincing those who have guzzled the kool-aid and have become addicted to it is going to be no easy task by 2012.

Our only hope is that Barackus Casear is caught fiddling while America burns. Then, maybe. But only maybe.

SilverStar830 on June 13, 2009 at 5:34 PM

All the clues to who Obama is was out there to see, just by the people he hung out with all his life. I knew what he was because of that alone, and couldn’t believe so many people chose to ignore that. I’m 67 years old, we lost half or more of our retirement, and I’ve been depressed ever since he won. I think the country I grew up in is gone forever, and I don’t have much hope about the future. That is a terrible way to feel, and it is just overwhelming every day to read more and more crap he doing to permanently damage this country. I’m nearly becoming numb to it all.

silvernana on June 13, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Mindboggling, mindsteaming,ugghhh. THUGS have completely taken over…up there. His whole tone was completely unacceptable…wow, what a great movie this would make if we ever can pull out of this. I honestly am concerned under this type of leadership – I just don’t know what they wouldn’t do to keep elections tilted in their favor. We have people’s attention and participation, but I am starting to be worried about the whole thug frame of mind and they have thrown laws out right and left, with the appointment of czars right and left (which subverts congress & the checks and balances system)dealergate, etc, Oh, lest I forget the Americorp scandal for the IG daring to report fraud, of an Obama supporter, yeah he got the boot..nothing is stopping them.

Minorcan Maven on June 13, 2009 at 6:43 PM

silvernana on June 13, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Since Obama has been in office I can definitely say that I am worse off financially.

It is sad that too many people got caught up in all the hopenchange hype. Under Bush life was good, but I became complacent. Under Obama I have become a watchdog as I fear I’ll wake up one day to a country I barely recognize.

Meanwhile, I will continue to pray that God will awaken the Obots to all the lies from Obama, the MSM & the Corruptocrats.

Have faith … the truth will out.

redridinghood on June 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I think in the end, this a$$hole and his administration will end up making Nixon look like a choirboy.

D2Boston on June 13, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Buy Danish on June 13, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Davis is lying. Every poll does NOT show more people thinking we’re headed in the right direction. Even a frickin’ Daily Kos poll through June 4 showed 40 percent right direction and 50 percent WRONG direction.

Davis is a lying POS.

D2Boston on June 13, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Obama is an authoritarian socialist with a Chicago political machine operation and is seeking to move the country to socialism as much as possible.

Phil Byler on June 13, 2009 at 9:17 PM

See, this is how you know the tool bags that called Bush (and all Republicans for that matter) “facists” for the last 8 years don’t know what the word means, because now that actual, real life facists are running the country, they don’t even recognize it.

SuperCool on June 13, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Ten States telling DC to shove it could bring the whole boma thing to a halt.Just use state law and tell the feds to stuff it.We got oil and he don’t,you wanna make stuff we got plants.Ship it we got ports and Texas does have a Navy,best fishing boats in town,you want to stop the us navy just try to turn a prop in a shrimp net trap.Waco was a warm up.

Col.John Wm. Reed on June 13, 2009 at 10:07 PM

This administration will not yeild to something so simple as another election.

MikeA on June 13, 2009 at 9:17 AM

What will Obama do if and when things stop going his way?? That is the danger. A very real danger. All the more made so by the fact we have a media ready to lie for him. They have pledged themselves to him.
The terrorists are living and working within our own government. They are the Democrat party. They are the administration.

JellyToast on June 13, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Thugs like Stalin and Mao and Chavez and Pol Pot and Ho Chi Minh and Fidel and Kim Il Jong lure the gullible in with phrases like equality, social justice, fairness, and hope and change to create cruel and criminal regimes.

As has the anointed one, our dear leader.

Dhuka on June 13, 2009 at 11:05 PM