Video: Letterman doubles down, makes prostitute joke about Palin’s daughter; Update: Both Palins rip Letterman

posted at 12:10 pm on June 10, 2009 by Allahpundit

Via Conservatives 4 Palin. The punchline’s as stale as year-old bread, naturally, which makes this daisy-fresh by Dave’s usual standards. Here’s Lileks on yesterday’s “comedy”:

Really, it’s just a rote slam: If your mother is a loathed politician, and your older sister gets pregnant, famous old men can make jokes about you being knocked up by rich baseball players, and there’s nothing you can do. That’s the culture: a flat, dead-eyed, square-headed old man who’ll go back to the writers and ask for more Palin-daughter knocked-up jokes, because that one went over well. Other children he won’t touch, but not because he’s decent. It’s because he’s a coward…

Well, one more thing. Some say Dave – I’m sorry, the staff members who wrote the joke and had it printed on cards for him to read – thought the daughter in attendance was the older one who had the pregnancy controversy last year. This is possible; it also means that we accept as an excuse the fact that the writers confused the daughters they wished to humiliate…

One more thing: the monologue contained an Angela Lansbury joke. Dude is OUT THERE.

Here’s what the crack “Late Show” writing staff came up with when, as predicted, he went back and demanded more “sex with Palin’s daughters” jokes. Oh, almost forgot: CBS just signed him to a new deal through 2012. Presumably he’ll have worked his way up to gags about Piper Palin turning tricks by then.

Update: C4P has angry statements from both Todd and Sarah laying into Letterman’s “sexually perverted comments.” Will Dave triple down tonight?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Did my student teaching at Burris and Westview El.

BetseyRoss on June 10, 2009

Which Westview? There are several in Indiana I think.

SKYFOX on June 10, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Hey Guys,

I got an e-mail back from Embassy Suites saying that they are NOT a sponsor of David Letterman. So I think the list might need to be revised (I posted this on C4P also).

ChristianRock on June 10, 2009 at 4:45 PM

It’s no secret Dave has a problem with women. Rumor has it he secretly hates his mother who has quite an amorous reputation in town when she gets into the elderberry wine. It’s also rumored that Dave was actually conceived one drunken night, in a hot night of passion with his mother, and a traveling carnival worker, who was the “pixie dust”sprinkler on the Tilt a Whirl

Jeff from WI on June 10, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Typical letterman (insult intended) No Class All —. Oh well edited my own comment. Don’t want to get banned so soon.

Best Regards

hamradio on June 10, 2009 at 4:50 PM

ronsfi on June 10, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Thanks. done!!

jeanie on June 10, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Hate speech against a minor girl… Pig.

RalphyBoy on June 10, 2009 at 4:58 PM

Wasn’t yesterday national not funny day? Or as letterman knows it, Tuesday.

elifino on June 10, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I especially sent my complaint to Ancestry.com since they depend heavily for support on family oriented people. It’s a good genealogy program, but if they continue to support Letterman I will find another one.

jeanie on June 10, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Just called CBS and gave them my comments on his morally reprehensible show. Everyone should do this – maybe, just maybe, it might sink in that WE THE PEOPLE will not tolerate sick jokes at the expense of children. Stand up people and scream – NO MORE!!!

whatzit2u on June 10, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Which Westview? There are several in Indiana I think.

SKYFOX on June 10, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Westview is an elementary school in Muncie. That’s the one about which I was referring.

BetseyRoss on June 10, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Poor sad and pathetic Dave, reverting to some of the cheesiest methods possible to garner ratings for his nightly drivel fest. I bet he takes bowing lessons soon.

StockOption on June 10, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Time to fly a relative in from Mexico to pay a visit to the Davester. Nothing like a porous border to open up opportunities in that industry.

Sapwolf on June 10, 2009 at 5:32 PM

james23 on June 10, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I like.

Sapwolf on June 10, 2009 at 5:39 PM

The best way to end this crazy talk is simple……boycott the sponsors. You have to hurt them where it hurts the most;..the pocket.
The guy is a real wimp. What a looser.

alovera on June 10, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I just got a reply from Lexus… They say they’ve purchased sponsorship in the network months ago. I’m answering back asking them to reconsider not renewing, not because conservatives probably make a great deal of their market share, but because sexual jokes at the expense of a 14yo are indefensible.

Anyone else getting any responses?

ChristianRock on June 10, 2009 at 5:54 PM

alovera: You also have to let them know you’re boycotting and why. That’s a huge part of it.

ChristianRock on June 10, 2009 at 5:55 PM

I can’t believe I used to like this guy when I was in college. He is just a freaking pig.

JellyToast on June 10, 2009 at 6:01 PM

The guy is a real wimp. What a looser.

alovera on June 10, 2009

This is the one place I disagree with Rush on. He’s always against boycotts. But with me,,, I consider it freedom of choice. Why in the world would I care to give money to a person or group that is actively out to destroy, ridicule and tear down every thing I believe in. In other words,, Letterman is not just mocking Sarah Palin and her daughter,, he is mocking me, my wife, my children and my values. So screw them! Letterman and these other elites would be nothing if it were not for middle America. They spit on our flag and spit on the hand of those who have tuned in, went to their movies, bought their music. I stopped supporting these kind of morons years ago.

JellyToast on June 10, 2009 at 6:09 PM

The defense that he didn’t know it was Willow is a moot point after he does it a second time.

Dispicable.

otcconan on June 10, 2009 at 6:17 PM

ODD. The video is locking up at about 0:35 or so. This is the emebedded version here and the youtube version.

Hopefully this means it is getting a lot of visibility.

That despicable sack of canine output should be made to get on his knees and publicaly apologize and then be fired.

bullseye on June 10, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I just sent a letter to the cbs feedback. Next step when I get back in is to see if there is an FCC complain form online.

Here’s what I sent. I modified what I think are some hotair stop words

Letterman is a piece of garbage. When a 61 year old man makes jokes about a 14 year old girl being (forcefully molested) and being a prostiute, that crosses any line of human decency.

Letterman and the writers who wrote that should be immediately fired. However, since it appears that CBS stands for Communist Broadcasting Sytem or perhaps (word for output of processed food) Broadcasting Sycophants my guess is that you will reward these dirtballs.

I guess the (blue pills known to enhance perfomance) isn’t working enough for Dave so he has to do some on air hate sex fantasies about a 14 year old girl.

BTW – Can you imagine what would happen had someone said this on air about the obama girls. ???

— Lengthy visit from the SS
— IRS audits for life
— ‘accidentally’ ending up on the no fly list forever
— In depth investigation and ‘accidental’ disclosure of every singe thing they’ve done in the last 20 years ala Joe the Plumber.
— hate crimes charges
— immediate firing ala Don Imus

Yep, one standard for me, another for thee.

bullseye on June 10, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I think Letterman better go and find a deep dark hole to hide in because by the sound of it he just managed to piss off a Mama Grizzly who wont have any hesitation in defending her cubs.

Hellrider on June 10, 2009 at 6:44 PM

TOP TEN REASONS DAVID LETTERMAN IS OBSESSED WITH SARAH PALIN:

#10 – HAVE YOU SEEN HIS BABY MOMMA?

#9 – SHHHH! HE IS LOOKING FOR ATTENTION FROM TODD PALIN

#8 – SHE IS THE ONLY RATINGS HE’S GOT

#7 – HIS STALKER IS NO LONGER INTERESTED

#6 – MISOGYNY 101 WAS HIS FAVORITE CLASS

#5 – HE HAS UTERINE ENVY

#4 – HE IS IN A RATINGS LIMBO CONTEST WITH KATIE COURIC

#3 – ALL THE GOOD PROFESSIONS WERE TAKEN

#2 – HE’S FALLEN AND HE CAN’T GET UP

#1 – help me out and fill in your number 1

bloggless on June 10, 2009 at 6:45 PM

#1 – HE’S A DIRTY OLD MAN

bloggless on June 10, 2009 at 6:46 PM

#1 – HE REALLY WORKS FOR FOX NEWS

bloggless on June 10, 2009 at 6:47 PM

My note to Les Moonves (which I also sent to “Audience Feedback” as well as three other CBS execs):

Dear Mr. Moonves:

As a longtime fan of your network, I must say I am more than annoyed and disgusted with David Letterman’s recent penchant for attacking Sarah Palin and her daughter(s) in an overtly sexually perverse manner, now two nights running.

It’s especially odd that a man who, himself, fathered a bastard child and lived with his own whore for many years before marrying her (probably because his accountant advised him to) would want to joke about a 14 year old girl getting “knocked up” by Alex Rodriguez at a Yankees game.

Is this your idea of acceptable humor? I seriously doubt it. Your network for years was referred to as the “Tiffany” Network. I’m afraid with Letterman’s vile attacks on Sarah Palin and her daughter, you’ve devolved into the “Toilet” Network.

Congratulations.

Respectfully,

DDB

D2Boston on June 10, 2009 at 6:49 PM

OT:

Oh, my. Another Hoosier. How cool! I wasn’t born there, but my Mom was from Tipton. We moved to Muncie when I was in Jr. High and I was graduated from Muncie Central. Natural progression was on to BSU. Did my student teaching at Burris and Westview El.

My sister graduated from Northside in 82, me from Burris in 85, brother from Central (after the schools were combined) in 89. I went to Anthony Elem before that. Brother and Sister both are alums from BSU, I went out of state on a tennis scholarship and became the prodigal son…ended up in Fla. by 89 decided to stay.
————————————–
Letterman is like PBS, he’s not going to get removed or reprimanded, he’s too big of a star at CBS. Unless he attacks a minority or a liberal victim class member, he’ll be free to say whatever he wants about the Palin family members, Ms. Prejean, Michelle Malkin…you name it. Didn’t he bad mouth HRC during the Dem primaries as well?

Fraking moron is all he is. He knows he can’t be touched, so he isn’t afraid to cross the “Beyond the Pale” bridge at will.

Geministorm on June 10, 2009 at 6:57 PM

if someone monitors the show tonight,I request a favor.
Please keep track of the sponsors airing commercials. I will start a campaign tomorrow to bombard them.
What a despicable excuse of a human!

News flash for Letterman legal people. Governor Palin may be a public fiqure,her daughters are not.

katy the mean old lady on June 10, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Man who waited six years to marry the mother of his child ridicules sexual conduct of others. Film at eleven.

Calvin Freiburger on June 10, 2009 at 7:02 PM

David Letterman is a snaggletooth, dirty old man who needs his hinney kicked.

mobydutch on June 10, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Typical lib. We can display an absolute lack of class and that’s fine. And this hate filled fool is an absolute disgrace.

hypno2013 on June 10, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Submitted to CBS Feedback:

First we get David Letterman joking about an grown man “knocking up” Sarah Palin’s 14 year old daughter. Subsequently, we’re treated to David Letterman joking about Sarah Palin having to keep “…Eliot Spitzer away from her daughter”?

I’m left wondering how this classless buffoon remains on air. Sure, I guess a conservative political figure is fair game for a renowned liberal, but aren’t kids out of bounds, let alone the kids of politicos?

I’m no prude, but I am a father of two girls and its simply disgusting that your network would allow this trash (D.Letterman) spew “jokes” about the statutory rape of a minor and allude to her being a prostitute on top of that. Are there no longer boundaries concerning any public figures and their families? Are all celebrities and their families fair game now? If so, let’s just go ahead and joke about David Letterman’s son getting abducted by some pedophile and sodomized, because that sure sounds funny….doesn’t it?

Until I hear a unequivocal apology from Letterman, along with a hefty fine, I will *never* watch another CBS program again, there are plenty of other choices out there. And, I’ll be sending letters to your sponsors as well to let them know that their advertising dollars were wasted because I’ll be buying from their competitors hence forth.

I’m also buying a new car this week, I already called the Lexus dealership and said that I wouldn’t be returning to look at the IS250 and I’m going to go with either Infiniti G37 or Hyundai Genesis instead…because of that idiot at CBS.

Geministorm on June 10, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Thanks to those ahead of me on this.

E-mailed Lexus:

Please re-think yor sponsorship of this man’s show.
You have a fine product. Don’t let it be associated with a man making disgusting comments about a 14 year old girl. Perhaps some of you have daughters.

phone :1-800-255-3987
fax: 1-310-468-2992

Git ‘er done!

katy the mean old lady on June 10, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Geministorm on June 10, 2009 at 7:16 PMaM

May your tribe increase!

My 89 year old Mom taught me this approach many years ago. P***’ed off? Cut off the funds!

katy the mean old lady on June 10, 2009 at 7:27 PM

How is this any less offensive than Imus calling the Rutgers womens basketball team “nappy headed hoes”? N.O.W. was one of the groups that publicly called for Imus to be fired by CBS, but has said NOTHING regarding Mr. Letterman’s thoughts on the public rape of a 14 year old girl. I’m sure they are protesting outside of Ed Sullivan Theater right now…oh wait…it’s not a protest…they are in line for tickets. P.S. This is the first time I have commented on Hot Air…I can’t wait to argue with Getalife!

menacetosobriety on June 10, 2009 at 7:28 PM

menacetosobriety on June 10, 2009 at 7:28 PM
Thanks,I’m wondering where Gloria and the Wonder-Women are!

katy the mean old lady on June 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Letterman’s top ten is front page center on the CBS website right now…from what I hear CBS is going to put out a statement before Letterman tonight stating that, “Rape is the type of devastation that a woman never fully recovers from. There is never a time to make jokes about such a dispicable act…unless it is about the rape of a 14 year old daughter of a Republican woman that we are terrified of…then it’s F$@*@$G HILARIOUS!”…I wonder how A-Rod feels about being called a rapist??

menacetosobriety on June 10, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Dave “Chester the Molestor” Letterman was the person behind the Hustler comic.
His wife must be a desperate pig.

roninacreage on June 10, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Well, I can forget CBS is on the ‘ol television dial from now on.

I’ll miss “Numb3rs”, The AFC and NCAA Tourney, but dammit, there’s principles involved here!

So, basically, I’m down to two broadcast channels on my tv: Fox and ABC…and when I think about it, after “Lost” is over, I really won’t have much reason to watch ABC anymore.

SuperCool on June 10, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Letterman is just another Democrat attack dog! Why any conservative watches the HACK is beyond my understanding…

build the wall on June 10, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Letterman calling anyone a prostitute is nothing more than the pot calling the kettle black.

Grandpa forgot his medication again, apparently.

CatsGodot on June 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Of course not. But I think he was talking about the unwed mother, not the kid.

simplesimon on June 10, 2009 at 12:56

Okay, I guess we have to spell this out for you.

The Palin Children are off limits.
The “unwed mother” you refer to is one of the Palin children.
She’s off limits too.

They’re off limits because decency, and gentlemenly behaviour, doesn’t allow us to include anyone’s children in our political (or comedic) discourse.

They’re off limits because we should all strive to be better than that.

They’re off limits.

Get it now?

It’s not because we’re “thin skinned.”
It doesn’t matter who their parents are, or what their parents political affiliations are.
It’s because no real man would make such comments.

massrighty on June 10, 2009 at 8:45 PM

menacetosobriety on June 10, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Conservative women are not members of the NOW approved protected classes.

massrighty on June 10, 2009 at 8:45 PM

coyoterex on June 10, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Mabe Letterman is auditioning for Katie Courics news anchor job?

jrandall on June 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I wonder how Dave would feel if someone in the public spotlight went after his wife and kid.

Mirimichi on June 10, 2009 at 10:52 PM

OT,
I am afraid I am about 20 years older than you. My tenure at BSU and Muncie Central was in the 60′s. I’ll bet your brother knows of my friend that taught drama at Northside and then Central. She graduated in my class in HS and college.

BetseyRoss on June 10, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Appalling. I think we need to coin a phrase for this obsession for not only defeating people in an election but having a need to destroy them as human beings . “Sore Winner” doesn’t seem quite enough. How about Obamobsession? You have a hater for president who is one of the most underqualified executives in history with more skeletons in the closet than Billary ever had, looking at himself in every mirror and focused on how he looks like an image of a pharoah. He gets a pass on almost every issue. Then you have an Alaska governor with a solid track record of success who is an accomplished executive, mother, and a decent human being in general who is being roasted on the waves because she dared run for VP against “The Machine”. What does this say about us as a people?

protonspinner on June 10, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Ronsfi-

Thanks for the CBS feedback form. Just sent one in and I called them too.

journeyintothewhirlwind on June 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM

#1 – He thinks that everyone should wait until their child enters Kindergarten before marrying its mother. You know, just to make sure you’re ready for that kind of committment.

DrAllecon on June 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM

And this is different than Don Imus how?? Where is the outrage?? Why are only CONSERVATIVE women and their children victims of this abuse?? It’s open season on those of us that will speak out….can you imagine the outrage if it was one of the Obama daughters that he spoke of in this manner.

Too big to fall?? Mr. Letterman needs to remember what happened to Imus….NO ONE is too big to fall.

MaggieMae on June 11, 2009 at 12:31 AM

The real problem is,hours after joking about the rape of a 14 year old girl, the man STILL has a job on TV.

Many of my fellow countrymen have shown to be despicable for the lack of outrage. This allows this human maggot to continue to make a living degrading women and children.

Is there no longer an FCC to protect the character of a 14 year old girl. Are these employees of our nation equally bankrupt when it comes to common decency. This network is allowed, without penalty, to profit from trying to destroy the good reputation of a little girl.

Finally, to the few Democratic Party voters, those few that may actually have some type of soul, is there none among you few that would reach out to your “messiah” to tell himof this injustice done to a child without penalty by a department that he runs, the FCC, to a network allowing such an animal to exist.

Jeff from WI on June 11, 2009 at 7:07 AM

And this is different than Don Imus how??

Letterman is worse than the IMUS gaff. Imus made an off the cuff remark mid sentence, it was not planned, it was spontaneous, it was a gaff.

Gutterman on the other hand was planned and reviewed and the assault was on a single individual, a 14 year old girl. Imus never specified a person. Imus uttered three words and spoke in generalities about the appearance of adults. Imus apologized and was still fired. Letterman has not appoligized.

Geochelone on June 11, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Letterman’s decadent humor is representative of a malignancy that has invade the vital organs of our society. The culture of progressives views all those who do not subscribe to their dogma as less than human and there is no shame in saying the most vile things against them. Letterman’s screed is nothing more than projectile vomit from the “sick man.”

4Bear on June 11, 2009 at 7:59 AM

He’s not worse than the economy.. oh wait.

the_nile on June 11, 2009 at 10:52 AM

It’s simple, if you’re David Letterman, you’re SCUM, if you’re a relative of David Letterman…you’re SCUM, if you watch David Letterman..you’re scum, if you employ David Letterman…you’re SCUM, if you buy products that are commercials on David Letterman’s show…you’re scum…If you brake when seeing David Letterman in a crosswalk…you’re SCUM…if you operated on David Letterman to save his life…you’re SCUM

Jeff from WI on June 11, 2009 at 2:14 PM

By the way, don’t think I didn’t notice that Todd’s statement was included.

That lends credibility, right?

A mother speaking out isn’t quite enough.

*blech*