Rev. Wright on Obama: “Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me”

posted at 12:45 pm on June 10, 2009 by Allahpundit

Well, you know how them Jews are.

“Of course I voted for him; he’s my son. I’m proud of him,” Wright said. “I’ve got five biological kids. They all make mistakes and bad choices. I haven’t stopped loving any of them.

“He made mistakes. He made bad choices. I’ve got kids who listen to their friends. He listened to those around him. I did not disown him.”

Asked if he had spoken to the President, Wright said: “Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he’ll talk to me in five years when he’s a lame duck, or in eight years when he’s out of office…

Wright also said Obama should have sent a U.S. delegation to the World Conference on Racism held recently in Geneva, Switzerland, but that the president did not do so for fear of offending Jews and Israel.

“Ethic cleansing is going on in Gaza. Ethnic cleansing of the Zionist is a sin and a crime against humanity, and they don’t want Barack talking like that because that’s anti-Israel,” Wright said.

Which of them Jews does he mean, I wonder. Emanuel, Axelrod … anyone else? Note the suggestion, incidentally, that The One would be happy to chat with him even today if not for those meddlesome semite handlers of his. At least now we know how Hamas propaganda ended up in the church bulletin.

Exit question: 20 years spent in the pews of Trinity and who knows how many private conversations had with Wright, and yet not once did Obama ever encounter this sort of rhetoric from the good reverend, huh? Who, mind you, can’t even suppress it when speaking to reporters on the record. Remarkable.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

only a classless moron puts his feet up on the desk like that.

I had the same thought. Who would put their feet up on a nice piece of furniture, except someone who wants to show off that he can. And the furniture in the WH is undoubtedly extra special and historical. It’s a clear sign imo of someone who is all ego and who has disdain for his own job and office. It’s absolutely disrespectful, and intended to be. He is a twisted freakish narcissist, although I’m hardly the first one to say so.

JiangxiDad on June 10, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Sure it wasn’t ‘dem Jews’?

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 10, 2009 at 1:34 PM

BREAKING: Three people shot at US Holocaust Museum in Washington.

Holocaust Museum.

Just coming in on Fox News.

jeff_from_mpls on June 10, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Concerning the shots fired at the Holocaust Museum, is it just me or does it seem to anyone else that all this stuff is happening back to back to back? Shots fired today at Holocaust Museum, American soldier killed on American soil by jihadist, Air France plane brought down under mysterious circumstance with at least a tinge of terrorism (bomb threat and 2 questionable passengers), group of guys busted trying to plant bombs outside a synagogue, and this is all just in the last two months or so.

And yet, nobody’s really talking about it as a whole. These are just isolated incidents. Maybe I’m just paranoid, but it seems like this stuff is stepping up. We’re seeing something different every week. It’s beyond worrisome to me.

CookeyD on June 10, 2009 at 1:36 PM

All during the campaing, listening to Wright. Knowing what Obama learned from him, and the church…seeing how he’s handled Israel, and foreign policies thus far, and seeing the mean scowl on Michelles face, as she looked at Carla Bruni, tells me….you don’t have to be jewish, to be considered, “them jews”. If you’re white, you’re a “them jew”.

capejasmine on June 10, 2009 at 1:37 PM

That Obama got elected in the face of the Wright tapes shows the level of stupidity on the left, and the level of white guilt in the middle.

Since the publicity surrounding those tapes in mid-March 2008, I haven’t believed a word Obama says.

BuckeyeSam on June 10, 2009 at 1:37 PM

That’s the first statement of fact I’ve heard Wright say.

True_King on June 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Gee, I just can’t figure out where 0bama got his bias against Jews from. It’s boggling isn’t it?

All in all though I’d say 0bama really is a pretty stupid fellow, I mean it took 20 years of sitting in Wrights church listening to his vapid ramblings for him to come to hate jews?

Or was it being a muslim in indonesia that did it, and 0bama just slept through Wrights hate speeches?

Maybe Ayers did nasty things to 0bama with petroleum mixed with a little gas and blamed it on the Jews?

Or maybe I have it all wrong and they all love the Jewish folk. Maybe they’re just trying to help them get to heaven?

Spiritk9 on June 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM

O/T I just heard on the news that three people have been shot at the Holocaust Museum in D.C.

Cindy Munford on June 10, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Cindy posted this on another thread, but it applies here. Prayers for all hurt or killed.

Laura in Maryland on June 10, 2009 at 1:39 PM

That’s the first statement of fact I’ve heard Wright say.

True_King on June 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Arafat misses you

runner on June 10, 2009 at 1:40 PM

That’s the first statement of fact I’ve heard Wright say.

True_King on June 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Just click on this lying jackass’s name to see which “church” of hate he belongs to.

Shy Guy on June 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM

It’s all in the context of the conversation.

As an example:

“Them Jews aren’t gonna let him talk to me”….This has a negative connotation, while:

“Them Jews can get you elected to the Presidency” has a positive connotation.

Let’s give the Right Reverend Wright the benefit of the doubt here, eh? It could be he uses “Them Jews” as a matter of everyday speech and implies nothing by it’s use.

BobMbx on June 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM

CookeyD on June 10, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Bah, it’s all in your paranoid imagination. Bush did this to you with all his evil America protecting and all.

Just trust in the one true messiah 0bama and you’ll have your virgins in no time…oops, I mean everything will be fine.

Spiritk9 on June 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM

“Them Jews can get you elected to the Presidency” has a positive connotation.

BobMbx on June 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Ooo. I don’t see that as having positive connotations either.

After everything Wright has said he’s gone far beyond deserving further benefit of doubt.

Spiritk9 on June 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Thans John McCain for taking the Rev. Wright issue off the table. Brilliant Move!!!

Dire Straits on June 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM

ThansThanks John McCain for taking the Rev. Wright issue off the table. Brilliant Move!!!

Dire Straits on June 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Sorry about that…

Dire Straits on June 10, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Wait a second everybody, WAIT A FREAKING SECOND !!! Doesn’t obama have a Personal Super Secret Blackberry ??? looks like obama purposely forgot to give this “reverend” his personal Blackberry number – and reverend is blaming the Jews for this ? I am shocked, shocked I tell you !

runner on June 10, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Blackberry

runner on June 10, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Racist!

Shy Guy on June 10, 2009 at 1:48 PM

BobMbx on June 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM

The underlying implication is that “them Jews” are a monolithic group that is somehow in control.

jazz_piano on June 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Wright is a completely typical preacher man with the eye on his congregation. This was the talk and the attitude of his era.

Embarassing? Yes.
Truthful? Yes.

AnninCA on June 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Of the quote from Rev. Wright posted by Allahpundit, would you please point out what is “truthful?”

Loxodonta on June 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Oh my. How traumatic would it be to be inside the Holocaust Museum and have something like that happen. I wonder if there is any connection to the soldier who was shot.

petunia on June 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I’m sure the shooting at the Holocaust Museum had nothing to do with “them Jews.”

/sarc

jazz_piano on June 10, 2009 at 1:51 PM

which “church” of hate he belongs to.

Shy Guy on June 10, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Given the news, the most vile anti-Semites may be showing up today. Gird your loins.

Loxodonta on June 10, 2009 at 1:52 PM

Loxodonta on June 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM

She could mean that Wright accurately reflects the truth about Obama’s views on Israel and why he is doing what he is doing. I find Wright’s words quite revealing. Truth, you might say.

petunia on June 10, 2009 at 1:53 PM

“Perhaps without the Wright controversy, the issue of race might not have become a part of the 2008 Presidential campaign.”

Tell that to all the people who voted for Barry solely beacause he’s black.

infidel4life on June 10, 2009 at 1:53 PM

It is surreal that we are discussing this while the shootings are on the TV behind me.

petunia on June 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM

This leads to the thought that the Jewish members of Team Obama knew how the good Rev and Obama regarded Jews. But, Obama was the perfect front man to help the Social Democrats “hoist” their plans on America. Americans are so thrilled that we overcame our prejudices to elect a man of African heritage that we miss the sneaky side of this man made disaster.

allstonian on June 10, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Lucky for him that it’s OK for Blacks to be total racists. Wonder when his comedy series is coming out on CBS?

Hening on June 10, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Yet another example of where Obama comes from. For anyone who voted for him, thanks a lot you idiots. He has spent his life surrounded by terrorists, communists, radicals, Muslims, etc. etc. Granted, the media hid this from us, but anyone casting a vote should have taken the time to inform themselves.

Now we have a fascist, socialist dictator running this country. He’s already destroyed the country and it can’t be fixed, especially considering the fact that he’s not done by a long shot.

RightWinged on June 10, 2009 at 2:07 PM

This story with the Holocaust Museum shooting on the same day.Spooky to say the least. Why anyone chose to believe that BHO would support Israel is beyond me. Such damage to the USA has been done in such a short time. Destroyed my “hope” that the “change” wouldn’t be this awful.

KateinCo on June 10, 2009 at 2:08 PM

eh go down to Nal’lins and fill your fat gut full of friggin jambalaya you friggin pig.

johnnyU on June 10, 2009 at 2:10 PM

We’ve been spoiled by eight years of “evil Bush/Cheney laying a heavy hand on Jihadists here and abroad. There were still incidents, but I think the Democrat vision of America is encouraging people predisposed to this sort of thing by ramping up the class warfare/anti-Imperialist rhetoric while projecting an image of weakness.

IN NYC before i moved to SC though Jewish cemeteries were already being desecrated in the Bronx and Brooklyn, and there were anti-semitic attacks. Things are picking up, partly due to people like Wright legitimizing this sort of hatred.

Rob Taylor on June 10, 2009 at 2:16 PM

How typical, blame the Jews!

Brooklyn Dave on June 10, 2009 at 2:17 PM

CookeyD on June 10, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Get with the program Cookey! Concern about Jihadists and terrorists were so last administration. We have a Muslim president now but, more importantly have you seen Michelle Obama’s arms? Why should be be worried about gunmen mowing soldiers down at recruiting centers in Arkansas when we’ve go a first lady with guns like that???

highhopes on June 10, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Why, it’s almost miraculous.

I am so glad that the Obama-Wright connection is being dusted off for a fresh view. Thanks, Rev!

Buy Danish on June 10, 2009 at 2:29 PM

When people appear to agree with bigoted charges, and I ask for clarification, and they provide none, I suspect they are acting as trolls.

Also, when commentators make charges of bigotry and I ask for supporting evidence, and they provide none, I suspect they are acting as trolls.

Loxodonta on June 10, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Don’t worry Jerry. You’ll be able to speak freely with your “son” Barry in about 3-1/2 years. Of course, you’ll have to try and catch him between speaking engagements. He’ll probably be travelling to the Middle East quite a bit, as groups like Hamas and Hezbollah will undoubtedly be giving him lots of bookings.

Hey, maybe you could audition as Barry’s opening act? A guy like you, with all your in-depth knowledge of those world-wrecking Jewish conspiracies, would be the perfect choice to get Barry’s audiences in the proper frame of mind to hear Barry’s message.

AZCoyote on June 10, 2009 at 2:35 PM

::Axlerod pulls off Wright’s mask to reveal the Museum caretaker::

You see Hillary? The caretaker wanted to scare away Obama from the museum so he could collect the insurance money.

Yeah! And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for you meddlesome Jews! And that dumb dog!
::Bo looks defiant and eats a $100 Hawaiian Scooby Snack::

DrAllecon on June 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM

One thing for certain about Obama. . . he’s NOT Jewish. He may be Christian, he may not be Muslim, but he’s DEFINITELY not Jewish.

ThackerAgency on June 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM

He’s not Christian, either. That leaves one option.

Lourdes on June 10, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Asked and answered. Our President is an anti-Semite.

Jaibones on June 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Now news is saying that the ‘lone gunman’ (coat and tie, older gentleman, says witness) has a prison record (six years in prison in his past), is/was a WWII (“or Korea”) veteran, carried a rifle inside museum…

Sounds like the guy was incredibly isolated, mentally ill, untreated, too marginalized within an internet-reality that affirmed his social isolation and resentments…

In other words, a guy in need of a target, so look.

I cringe at how “useful” his negative stereotype is today for a certain damaging political perspective, they’ll use the stereotype to the hilt.

Guy sounds like a mentally deranged guy, but he’ll be used by the Left to “symbolize” their targets.

Lourdes on June 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM

The Left-wing press will never go after this, in much the same way they go after Palin for similar reasons. The Left is anti-semitic and sexist (and actually racist, but suppressed because it currently suits their political needs).

The sexism is understandable, since your typical left winger is a meek pussy who is afraid of women, as much as he desires them (thus the extra dollop of hatred for Palin). What I don’t get is the anti-semitism, given the preponderance of Jews on the Left and in the press. I’m sure Israelis must scratch their heads about this, too. Are these examples of the proverbial “self hating Jew”?

EMD on June 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM

You know what’s interesting? We’re going to hear all about “right-wing extremists” because of the Holocaust Museum shooting today, but not a word about the extreme leftist spiritual adviser of 20 years to the POTUS saying that the “Jews” won’t allow The One to speak to him.

RightWinged on June 10, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I can only imagine what his congregants are like.

Oh yeah…

/South Side

bluelightbrigade on June 10, 2009 at 3:37 PM

/Milk-Livered Blogger

TMK on June 10, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Asked and answered. Our President is an anti-Semite.

Jaibones on June 10, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Yes! Thank you.

Andy in Agoura Hills on June 10, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Are these examples of the proverbial “self hating Jew”?

EMD on June 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM

No. Its an example of liberalism trumping Judaism. And that makes those “Jews”, not Jews.

Andy in Agoura Hills on June 10, 2009 at 3:49 PM

RightWinged on June 10, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Should Wright be on the DHS watchlist?

BuckeyeSam on June 10, 2009 at 3:50 PM

This assclown is just as bad as that Nazi scum that shot a guard in the Holocaust Museum. Racist scum.

bryan2369 on June 10, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Should Wright be on the DHS watchlist?

BuckeyeSam on June 10, 2009 at 3:50 PM

bryan2369 on June 10, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Should Wright be on the DHS watchlist?

BuckeyeSam on June 10, 2009 at 3:50 PM

He’s probably helping to write it.

Loxodonta on June 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Your question is kinda loaded because I know Jews who don’t claim Emmanuel as one of their own……..but on your main point, I think it’s clear that Wright was thrown under the bus a long time ago and Wright thinks in terms of racial identity on virtually everything, so it’s no wonder he mentions ethnicity in a question asking him to explain something he deems unjust. I mean, this is Jeremiah Wright we’re talking about here. What else is he gonna say? He defines everything on those terms!

gocatholic on June 10, 2009 at 4:11 PM

He’s probably helping to write it.

Loxodonta on June 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM

And we, rather than he, are on it!

BuckeyeSam on June 10, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I suppose he’s got a point. When all the hoopla dies down and Obama finally has to face the fact that he’s just a person like the rest of us, I have no doubt he’ll turn to Jeremiah Wright again. The two were too close for this not to happen. After all, Obama has no other extended family he can turn to. Inevitable.

jeanie on June 10, 2009 at 4:34 PM

Yeah, Obama is such a great friend to Israel. Can you imagine if George Bush had belonged to a church where the pastor spoke like this? He would have been strung up.

NoLeftTurn on June 10, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Rev. Wright is awesome! I love it when he speaks.

Give that guy a couple of drinks, get him worked up, reply the under the bus press conference, get microphone and video camera ready, and let him rant for a few hours.

No telling what the guy may say. He may even have a bit of insight on Obama’s mysterious and hidden past. Possibly even the birth certificate. Keep talkin’ man!

Next up….. Blagojevich!

nottakingsides on June 10, 2009 at 4:52 PM

why were 3 trinity members murdered?….everyone knows about wright and his anti jewish rants….but what isnt known is why these men were killed…anyone curious?

marktarheel on June 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

i’m guessing they had “sexy times’ with barry.

Ghoul aid on June 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I suppose that the good Reverend Wright has forgotten that Jesus himself was one of “them Jews”.

“Whatsoever you do unto the least of these, my brethren, you’ve done also unto Me.”–Jesus Christ

jimmy2shoes on June 10, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Welcome to the land of “Black (Liberation) Theology”…the land of the lost.

right2bright on June 10, 2009 at 5:19 PM

whaaaaaaaaat?????

Where are the serious reporters when we need them?
How about asking WHO are these JEWS you’re referring to Mr. Wright??

pathetic that he calls himself a reverend.

bridgetown on June 10, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Beck just played the audio

RightWinged on June 10, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Dire Straits on June 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM

As long as the Obama campaign kept paying Wright after May, he wasn’t going to say anything new.

Speedwagon82 on June 10, 2009 at 5:32 PM

CookeyD on June 10, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Revelation 13. We’re in it right now, in real time and in living color.

platypus on June 10, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Jesus Christ is a “them Jew”…ain’t he Rev. Right?

djn on June 10, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Keep him away from the Halocaust museum.

bloggless on June 10, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Maybe he can go counsel the Holocaust Museum shooter.

The pot is boiling. Nothing like the ’60s yet, but…

PattyJ on June 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Even woise deys honky joos. Ain’ dat ‘rah’t Sh’op-tahn and Jazzy?

– Revrum Jer-myah

viking01 on June 10, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Rev. Wright talks like a fool, acts like a fool. He’s divisive and slanderous.

And to think this is the spiritual mentor of our president!

Pazman on June 11, 2009 at 12:53 AM

This was not delivered with the same passion as when saying in Cairo he was going to us the Presidency to make sure Islam was defended/protected, or never slandered. Not remotely the same.

Have we re-entered the Middle Ages?

freeus on June 11, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Clearly Wright sees no reason to believe that his relationship with Obama has changed. From his attitude towards Obama I conclude that they continue to share the same values and ideals that were preached from his pulpit for 20 years. And Obama, through his silence, gave his approval to every hate filled word
I could be…I’d like to be wrong, but…I dinna thin’ so.

Army Brat on June 11, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Well its nice to know that Obama is so controlled by the Jews that he will not even speak to his ol’buddy Rev Wright for a whole 8 years.
Thats some power them Jews got.(“Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me.”)
So I wonder which Jews are really running the show… Hmmmm, ya know I haven’t seen Woody Allen in a while.

oped01 on June 11, 2009 at 2:23 AM

It would be the height of irony if ‘Reverend’ Wright were to be beaten up by a white-supremacist thug.

Dark-Star on June 11, 2009 at 4:14 AM

But, and let me make this absolutely clear, Obama couldn’t possibly be Muslim, because Wright’s church is a Christian one./Milk-Livered Blogger

TMK on June 10, 2009 at 3:40 PM

A Christian church? Which book in the Bible does it say to hate the Jews and blame them for all the world’s problems?

Oh right, thats in the Koran, my bad.

dthorny on June 11, 2009 at 4:25 AM

Pope John Paul II called “them Jews” our “elder brothers in faith”.

“Reverend” Wright was named after a prophet to “them Jews”, who also wrote the book of Lamentations, and was taken into exile in Babylon. Maybe if history repeats itself, Jeremiah Wright will be exiled in Iraq.

Steve Z on June 11, 2009 at 9:55 AM

TMK on June 10, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Oh right, thats in the Koran, my bad.

dthorny on June 11, 2009 at 4:25 AM

Wright’s history includes him being a Muslim. Somewhere he slipped into a new cover story and claimed he was “Christian” — as did Barack Obama — while Wright (AND Obama) continue to behave in nearly all their lectures and acts as keeping with Islam or rather, acting out as Muslims.

I don’t accept, not one slim bit, that either of these two has ever modified their Muslim beliefs. They’re both just good actors as to the impressionable among us, unfortunately.

Lourdes on June 11, 2009 at 1:36 PM

The bigger question is, however, why would both of them lie?

Lourdes on June 11, 2009 at 1:36 PM

What’s fascinating is that Wright expresses the same sentiments as the nutjob who was jailed and still managed to blow up someone.

Amazing, huh?