Rev. Wright on Obama: “Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me”

posted at 12:45 pm on June 10, 2009 by Allahpundit

Well, you know how them Jews are.

“Of course I voted for him; he’s my son. I’m proud of him,” Wright said. “I’ve got five biological kids. They all make mistakes and bad choices. I haven’t stopped loving any of them.

“He made mistakes. He made bad choices. I’ve got kids who listen to their friends. He listened to those around him. I did not disown him.”

Asked if he had spoken to the President, Wright said: “Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he’ll talk to me in five years when he’s a lame duck, or in eight years when he’s out of office…

Wright also said Obama should have sent a U.S. delegation to the World Conference on Racism held recently in Geneva, Switzerland, but that the president did not do so for fear of offending Jews and Israel.

“Ethic cleansing is going on in Gaza. Ethnic cleansing of the Zionist is a sin and a crime against humanity, and they don’t want Barack talking like that because that’s anti-Israel,” Wright said.

Which of them Jews does he mean, I wonder. Emanuel, Axelrod … anyone else? Note the suggestion, incidentally, that The One would be happy to chat with him even today if not for those meddlesome semite handlers of his. At least now we know how Hamas propaganda ended up in the church bulletin.

Exit question: 20 years spent in the pews of Trinity and who knows how many private conversations had with Wright, and yet not once did Obama ever encounter this sort of rhetoric from the good reverend, huh? Who, mind you, can’t even suppress it when speaking to reporters on the record. Remarkable.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This is all a distraction. Obama doesn’t even know who this guy is.

TTheoLogan on June 10, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Obama’s Chickennsss are coming home to roost.

DailyDanet on June 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Twenty years in his church but Obozo didn’t know he’s radical. Um, uh, sure.

txag92 on June 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM

So much badness has been done to us in the last five months, I can’t even get upset about this Wright crap anymore.

LibTired (KO) on June 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I wonder how long it will take for a call from Rahm.

txag92 on June 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Ethic cleansing is going on in Gaza.

Except, I believe, the population of the Palestinians is increasing. “Them Jews” are doing a pretty lousy job of ethnic cleansing.

rbj on June 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Wrong sir. Dem Jews love Obama.

portlandon on June 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM

THANKS DAD

you are getting an extra special father’s day present this year!

O

Mr. Joe on June 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM

The whole holocaust in Gaza thing puts him in good company with Jimmy Carter.

dpierson on June 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Those Jews will let you golf on the course Jerimiah lives. I have a coupon for a free cart for any foursome. Just need to find out what hole he lives on (hopefully within a hundred yards of a tee box). Who’s in?

WashJeff on June 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Obama’s Chickennsss are coming home to roost.

DailyDanet on June 10, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Raaaaacist!

Laura in Maryland on June 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

It’s amazing how many people bought this lie that Ho’Bama did not know what was taught at Trinity.

jsunrise on June 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Why does this random, no-name person thinks Obama would talk to him? Obama’s never even heard of this guy before! Reverend who?

Lehosh on June 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Don’t you love it when your Spiritual Father shows up and says fun things about you to the Press and even brings the JOOOOOOOOOssss into it.

Priceless.

Mr. Joe on June 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Nobody (Obama Jewish voters) cared or listened in 2008 so why would they or should we care now.

Brat on June 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

why were 3 trinity members murdered?….everyone knows about wright and his anti jewish rants….but what isnt known is why these men were killed…anyone curious?

marktarheel on June 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Ah, those lovable, crafty Jooooooooos. We are everywhere it seems.

Lance Murdock on June 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Sir, your English is a crime against humanity.

Of course Obama heard his pastor say crazy things. He’s just too much of a wuss to stand up to the criticism, even with the entire media establishment willing to spin it. (“Church members say that ‘down with America’ is a slang phrase, frequently used to evangelize to the youth, with absolutely no hysterically crazy undertones whatsoever. Back to you, Katie.”)

Say, Left: if his Muslim background/upbringing whatever is back on the table, can we at least get into what kind of Christian he is? That is, since he professes to be of the faith.

emailnuevo on June 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Pagine Mel Gibson, your dad is on line 1.

Laura in Maryland on June 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Don’t worry, Reverend – Barack will let Iran take care of the Jooos for you.

DamnCat on June 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM

This Jew wants Obama to talk to Wright.

That way, no one should be excused for continuing to admire in any way the fakir in the White House.

Shy Guy on June 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM

One thing for certain about Obama. . . he’s NOT Jewish. He may be Christian, he may not be Muslim, but he’s DEFINITELY not Jewish.

ThackerAgency on June 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Ethic cleansing is going on in Gaza.

rbj on June 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Given the pictures on the news, they problem could use a warm shower with some extra soap.

WashJeff on June 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM

The way to defeat Obama in 2012 is for Roger Ailes to give Rev Wright a talk show on Fox, with a format that allows him to speak his mind freely. They could call it “The Wright Stuff”. they could book the right type of guests that would ensure that the Rev would have plenty of material to comment on. “…A laugh riot – Rush Limbaugh”

exceller on June 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Priceless.

Mr. Joe on June 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

If our Spiritual Father shows up, I don’t expect the press to be in it. I don’t think the qualify for the rapture.

Laura in Maryland on June 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Doesn’t this attention whore have a book coming out or did that already happen?

Knucklehead on June 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Also consider that he brought Michelle and his kids to this church to listen to these sermons as well. Personally, I don’t think Wright is really that family friendly.

Tuari on June 10, 2009 at 12:56 PM

s/b THEY

D’OH!

Laura in Maryland on June 10, 2009 at 12:56 PM

P.S. Can we contrast the “them Jews” with “Brother Farrakhan”? Obama’s got more baggage than an AirBus and yet no one cares?

emailnuevo on June 10, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I wonder what Obama thinks of Israel, and where he got his viewpoint?

Daggett on June 10, 2009 at 12:56 PM

exceller on June 10, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Heh. Wright should have replaced Colmes. Hannity should add him to his show now.

Oh my, Sean’s head will be exploding on his shows today/tonight.

Brat on June 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Wow, what a racist. He leads a church? It must be a racist church. Anyone who attends it for any length of time must be a racist too.

The next time a Jew is shot it must be Rev. Wright’s fault because he speaks against Jews and anyone who ever listened to him must be at fault too, and we should have Homeland Security keep an eye on them.

29Victor on June 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I thought Obama was going to fix all the problems between the Jews and Muslims? I wonder how he can do that when his own preacher is a vicious anti-Semite. If he can’t change his mind…..

Capitalist Infidel on June 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM

ThackerAgency on June 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM

He sho’ ain’t Catlick.

emailnuevo on June 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Pagine Mel Gibson, your dad is on line 1.

Laura in Maryland on June 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Why do I have this funny feeling that Mr. Wrights comments won’t be appearing on any Top 10 lists anytime soon.

Lance Murdock on June 10, 2009 at 12:58 PM

You are just misunderstanding the fiery rhetoric which occurs every Sunday morning all across America. Just ask Roland Martin.

MayBee on June 10, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I’m proud to a crazy man
I make anti semite comments when I can, yeah
I blame the Jooos for all that is bad
When Obama doesn’t love me I get all sad, yeah
I’m proud to be a crazy man

Every Sunday at 10 am
There’s a meeting of the Crazy Man Prayer
“This meeting will now come to order
Is there any new business?”
Member
“Yeah, I think Jews suck”
Minister Crazy
“What was that?”
Member
“‘Jews Suck” bumper stickers
Should be issued”
Minister Crazy:
“The brother says
‘Jews Suck’ bumper stickers
Should be issued
All in favour of what he said
Signify by sayin’ ‘ay’”
Members
“Ay!”
Minister Crazy:
“If, however, you are opposed
Signify by saying ‘no’”
I’m proud to be a crazy man…

Mr. Joe on June 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Wrong sir. Dem Jews love Obama.

portlandon on June 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM

LOL!

JiangxiDad on June 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM

WashJeff on June 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

I’m in! I know what house he lives in, not sure which hole though.

Did you know, no white contractors were allowed to help build his house?

Knucklehead on June 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM

You right wing radicals are clearly not smart enough to recognize nuance

faraway on June 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM

“Just words…..just speeches”

XWing5 on June 10, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Wright should know that Obama only hires self-loathing Jews, not the bad Jews who defend themselves and Israel.

C’mon Jerry, Barry’s got the good Jews!

Would he have spoken to The Muslim World in Cairo, otherwise?

Would he have supported nuclear “power” for the Muslims in Iran?

Wright is wrong.

profitsbeard on June 10, 2009 at 1:00 PM

This is just a distraction from the real story, about how Sarah Palin’s brother’s boyfriend’s cousin’s mailman once used the N-word in casual conversation.

Damian P. on June 10, 2009 at 1:00 PM

No wonder Barry and Michelle haven’t chosen a church in DC yet.

They can’t find one with anywhere nearly as evil and insane a preacher as Trinity has.

Christien on June 10, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Obama’s Chickennsss are coming home to roost.

DailyDanet on June 10, 2009 at 12:49

Good one!

itsnotaboutme on June 10, 2009 at 1:00 PM

“I do not know you.”

“Oh no, not Peter. Peter lame. But I’m Jesus so I’ll forgive you I guess.”

DethMetalCookieMonst on June 10, 2009 at 1:01 PM

God would be proud of this preacher.

Static on June 10, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Ah, the crazy uncle finally comes out from under the staircase.

Popcorn?

Kini on June 10, 2009 at 1:02 PM

ThackerAgency on June 10, 2009 at 12:54 PM

It doesn’t matter. As long as Michelle is, the children are still Jewish.

JiangxiDad on June 10, 2009 at 1:02 PM

Capitalist Infidel on June 10, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Obama’s going to fix the problems all right. Just don’t ask about his “solution”. If O cannot commit a little rhetoric to Israel’s defense, he surely cannot be counted on to commit real power to save the only, tiny democratic country in the region (and our staunchest ally).

Laura in Maryland on June 10, 2009 at 1:02 PM

This oughta help Obummer’s ratings in Israel! Meanwhile, I’ll wait for Kathleen Parker to chime in on this.

NebCon on June 10, 2009 at 1:04 PM

portlandon on June 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Not all of us!!

christene on June 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Too bad the Revered Wright is not a wise Latina woman!!

TexasDave on June 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM

LibTired (KO) on June 10, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Yes, with no end in sight.

The only people he’s screwing worse than America is Israel. My heart goes out to them. Can you imagine living under such a threat?

petefrt on June 10, 2009 at 1:05 PM

emailnuevo on June 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Yeah, I puzzled through that a couple times before I realized what “ethnic cleansing of the Zionist” really was supposed to mean. I’m sure he intended it to be more clear, though.

Black Yoshi on June 10, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Whatta spiritual mentor he chose.

AnninCA on June 10, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I LOVE IT!!! It’s awesome! Go, Rev. Wright!

P.S. This Jew wants Rev. Wright to keep talking because it’s bloody hilarious!

mjk on June 10, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Typical black person.

SouthernGent on June 10, 2009 at 1:07 PM

This oughta help Obummer’s ratings in Israel!
NebCon on June 10, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Tell me about it. Go over to Drudge and see the latest Ogabe gaffe. Honestly I don’t think the picture is a big deal…

Savrielle on June 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Let me guess: Obama wasn’t in church on the days he slammed Israel, either?

eforhan on June 10, 2009 at 1:09 PM

But you said, with incredulity,

As if the president of the United States conspiring to suppress information about his deepest beliefs is a theory to advance idly in the course of a larger foreign-policy critique.

peacenprosperity on June 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Not remarkable. Unbelievable. Literally.

ProfessorMiao on June 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Imam Rev. Wright sure sounds like a Muslim doesn’t he?

BL@KBIRD on June 10, 2009 at 1:11 PM

The most mind-blowing thing (imo) is that according to some polls 78% of “them Jews” voted for Obama in the GE.

Dark Star on June 10, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Obama: “Wright never said anything offensive in front of me. I have never heard him say anything divisive or racist at any sermons and had no idea he harbored these views.”
Wright: “KILL whitey! It’s all the Joooos fault.”

20 years at that church. Yeah, I’m sure Obama had no clue.
*rolls eyes*

Geronimo on June 10, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Savrielle on June 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM

His shoes should be the least of Israel’s worries.

NebCon on June 10, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Wright, Farrakahn, who can tell the difference? With them it’s always the Jooooz!

crazedarmenian on June 10, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Everything wrong in the world is the fault of whitey and the Jews. And because Obama sat in that hate-filled pastor’s church for 20 plus years, he obviously agrees. Nice.

Redneck Woman on June 10, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Hillary’s opposition research team really dropped the ball. They must have been scared of being called racists if they looked into Wright before 2008.

Speedwagon82 on June 10, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Whoever said”you can’t con a con”,never heard of Wright or Obama.Hey,Jeremiah—he used you,dummy.

DDT on June 10, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Let the man talk… everyday. I’d like to hear an update from sweet ol’ Reverend Wright every single day.

And please please don’t leave out the ethnic cleansing that is the most important thing the country could hear. The country is just aching to benefit from Dear Reverend Wright’s wisdom and advice to the President. It can only improve things around here to hear the
“truth” spoken, finally.

Oh and never let him hesitate to explain how close the two are that is so important.

petunia on June 10, 2009 at 1:15 PM

FoxNews is reporting a shooting inside the Holocaust Museum in DC…

Odie1941 on June 10, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Savrielle on June 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM

It is a big deal insofar as the lack of respect he has for the Oval Office, but we all knew about that, anyway.

It’ll look good for a future history book as it is juxtaposed against The Precedent in an orange jumpsuit (along with the rest of his junta). That is assuming, of course, that this national nightmare is ended at some point …

Breaking: reports of shots fired at Holocaust Museum in DC.

progressoverpeace on June 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Breaking News on Fox…..

Two shot in the Holocaust Museum in D.C.

Knucklehead on June 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I’m a Jew who lives in Los Angeles, and it’s my job to work the switchboard at wherever Obama stays on Southern California. When The Rev. calls I say “One momeent please” then hang up. After 4 or 5 times he stops calling back.

emerson7 on June 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Hey, Obama supporters! Still think he’s not an anti-semite? BTW, having court-Jews around like the kapos Emmanual, doesn’t make him not an anti-semite.

Andy in Agoura Hills on June 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Total out of line comment from Rev. Wrong considering everything POTUS has done for Israel

rreedstceelz on June 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM

jsunrise on June 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Barack Obama actually bragged — used this statement as a selling point for himself before the public — that he’d been so conscientious and involved with Jeremiah Wright’s “church” as to have “bought every tape of every sermon” and then “listened to every tape” when/if/as he was not able to be there (at every sermon) in person.

He actually bragged about that, quite seriously, in his effort to sell himself as very involved, very “faithful” and a studious learner and listener of Wright’s (attempting to sell himself as being “Christian” was Obama’s aim, was what I surmised his goal was)…then…

…then the facts began to hit as to who Wright was, what he actually was saying on Sundays and just about everywhere else, and Barack THEN came out with the statement that he, uhh, he, ahhh, wasn’t aware of what Wright had been saying for twenty years in which Barack had “listened to every tape.”

And it was the ghastly, awful despicable ethical corruption among the Left (in Media and elsewhere) who then forced that second and false statement upon the general public.

The first statement was the truth.

Lourdes on June 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Breaking News on Fox…..

Two shot in the Holocaust Museum in D.C.

Knucklehead on June 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!?!?!?!?!?

Andy in Agoura Hills on June 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM

What he really means to say is that Barack isn’t saying how he really feels. I already knew Obama was scary from many, many examples but people just are freely handing out more and more evidence of the actual views behind Obama’s “godly” and “serene” composure.

(Lol – I keep typing stuff and deleting it because all I can ask things like “Why are hateful bigots like this praised? Why does anyone go to this “church” anymore?”)

These Leftists just say the most horrible things and don’t expect to have anyone refute them! If someone on the Right said something like that . . . people would be calling for his/her head on a pike. Worse if something were said about Moslems.

ochako1984 on June 10, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I think Pastor Manning and Wright need to have a cage match.

MadisonConservative on June 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Wright said: “Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me…”

…smart Jews…doin’ ol’ Hopenchange a favor….

Exit question: 20 years spent in the pews of Trinity….

…this is a dead horse…the man (Obama) is transparently a liar, a cheat and a rank opportunist…he may indeed be a divine scourge on the Right for the sins of our not having organize sufficiently, and educated the electorate sufficiently to recognize a fascist when one appears….

…oh…and, did I say that he’s a racist to the depths of his fouled-up soul? If I didn’t, nevermind….

Puritan1648 on June 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM

We all should be afraid, very very afraid.

ajsp on June 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM

“Ethnic cleansing of the Zionist is a sin and a crime against humanity …”

All your grammars are belong to us, moron.

Dusty on June 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Let us not forget that the title of one of The Precedent’s pathetic books was ripped off of a Jeremiah Wright sermon.

People are just stupid.

progressoverpeace on June 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM

emerson7 on June 10, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Hahahaaa…yes, it is, indeed, a conspiracy of Jews who thwart every attempt by Wright to speak with his “son,” Barack Obama. Couldn’t be Obama. Just couldn’t be.

Lourdes on June 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!?!?!?!?!?

Andy in Agoura Hills on June 10, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Security guard shot, another guard returned fire on the shooter.

No other news yet.

Knucklehead on June 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Ethnic cleansing in Gaza? Wonder why the media, UN, etc. can never produce any evidence of that.

Trust me, Rev. Wright; if Israel was intent on ethnic cleansing, there wouldn’t be a Palestinian left anywhere in their territory.

jazz_piano on June 10, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Ah, the crazy uncle finally comes out from under the staircase.

Popcorn?

Kini on June 10, 2009 at 1:02 PM

You mean out from under the bus, don’t you?/sarc

WordsMatter on June 10, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Priceless.

Mr. Joe on June 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Wonder if the gafftastic Biden will offer his commentary? Oh, wouldn’t that be gold.

My initial thought–Wright is referring to Axelrod and Emmanuel. But I don’t doubt Wright’s racist remarks apply to Jews in general. He is an angry man and so are the parishioners (and ex-parishioners).

If this story has legs, it will be fun to see them squirm. I’m sure we’ll be hearing another glorious post-racial speech from Teh One.

conservative pilgrim on June 10, 2009 at 1:22 PM

“I can no more disown him than….”

BPD on June 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Which of “Them Jews” is he talking about?

Those in Obama’s Cabinet? Those who are Obama Advisors?

Let’s name names.

PappaMac on June 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Since the ‘culture of the czar’ has emerged to do Barry-O’s dirty work, I will not, repeat, WILL NOT even bat an eye when the good rev. is named Religion Czar.
Probably make that announcement soon.

redneckjoe on June 10, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Wright is a completely typical preacher man with the eye on his congregation. This was the talk and the attitude of his era.

Embarassing? Yes.
Truthful? Yes.

AnninCA on June 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Whatever happened to the LAT story that almost broke last year before the election?

I don’t know why that popped into my mind at this time.

If the economy isn’t the undoing of Obama or his radical socialistic ways, there will be an audio tape or a testimony of some sort that will be his undoing. There is just toooo much lurking in the shadows.

Oink on June 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM

re: picture on Drudge — regardless if it was an “intentional” insult (which it was, imo) only a classless moron puts his feet up on the desk like that. And the press keeps telling us how “elegant” he is and what a “fashionita” Michelle is. *rolls eyes*

Dark Star on June 10, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Let the man talk, I actually want to hear more about him and obama and how close they are…

runner on June 10, 2009 at 1:29 PM

heck, maybe Rashid Khalidi wants to chime in, together with farakhan

runner on June 10, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Security guard shot, another guard returned fire on the shooter.

No other news yet.

Knucklehead on June 10, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I’m just waiting for the name. His latest name, I mean.

LibTired (KO) on June 10, 2009 at 1:33 PM