Guy who attended Jeremiah “Them Jews” Wright’s church for 20 years: We must be vigilant about anti-semitism

posted at 8:00 pm on June 10, 2009 by Allahpundit

I quite agree, but this is the wrong day for a lecture, champ.

I am shocked and saddened by today’s shooting at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. This outrageous act reminds us that we must remain vigilant against anti-Semitism and prejudice in all its forms. No American institution is more important to this effort than the Holocaust Museum, and no act of violence will diminish our determination to honor those who were lost by building a more peaceful and tolerant world.

Today, we have lost a courageous security guard who stood watch at this place of solemn remembrance. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends in this painful time.

“Remaining vigilant” evidently doesn’t include periodically checking your church bulletin for Hamas screeds or challenging the right of Holocaust-deniers who pine publicly for Israel to be wiped off the map to possess nuclear power.

As I have no grand ending to this post, I’ll turn you over to Glenn Beck for Wednesday’s apocalyptic thought of the day. I’m not overly worried about pogroms against conservatives, but his point about anti-semitism during a global economic downturn in a dhimmified western culture is well taken.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Oh, I get it. There are just some days you shouldn’t criticize anti-semitism. Like the day an anti-semite shoots up a Holocaust museum. Right.

Nonfactor on June 11, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Nonfactor on June 11, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Try clicking the “wrong day” link.

Ronnie on June 11, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Just like Beanie, Dimfactor can’t quite seem to wrap her tortured brain around a pretty straightforward post by Allah. Maybe Hot Air is just too complicated for you. Try something less nuanced. DU?

Jaibones on June 11, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Ronnie on June 11, 2009 at 1:02 AM

I did. It is still a poor choice of words (or was it a suggestion or a criticism?) considering the news of the day. Would Allahpundit prefer Obama not criticize anti-semitism or would he just prefer he waited a few hours to do so?

Nonfactor on June 11, 2009 at 1:15 AM

People forgave him for Wright, but this is a slap in their faces. America is waking up.

PattyJ on June 11, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Maybe he should think about vigilance and antisemitism when he considers Iran’s nuclear program. Sorry, I hate this man.

alliebobbitt on June 11, 2009 at 1:59 AM

20 WHOLE YEARS of “willingly” supporting & ingesting Jeremiah Wright (a man who damns us,calls us the real terrorists immediately after 911 and who honors and says Louis Farrakhan is one of the most important voices in the 20th and 21st century)
20 UNINTERRUPTED YEARS of this kind of mental conditioning with no psychological debriefing from that experience before assuming leadership of the free world.

President Barack Hussien Obama – A horrifically amazing phenomena!

Teebone3 on June 11, 2009 at 4:00 AM

Nonfactor on June 11, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Perhaps he would prefer that Obama not lecture the rest of us about anti-Semitism after having spent 20+ years worshipping at the knee of his rabidly anti-Semitic pastor, spiritual mentor, and father-figure Jeremiah Wright.

But hey, it’s just another “do as I say and not as I do” lesson in hypocrisy from our Hypocrite-in-Chief. Nothing new here.

AZCoyote on June 11, 2009 at 4:30 AM

Let me see if I’ve got this straight- he comes out the same day with a statement about this (no doubt with Wright’s statement on the radar) but he had to wait about three days(?) to release a statement about a US soldier being killed by an Islamic terrorist on US soil?

Jay Mac on June 11, 2009 at 5:06 AM

PattyJ on June 11, 2009 at 1:58 AM

One can only hope. My mom prays every single day SPECIFICALLY that the deception ends and he is seen for what he is, as scary as that might be. She told me that she knows people are utterly brainwashed and she is asking the Father to unveil him. I thought that was interesting.

Jay Mac on June 11, 2009 at 5:06 AM

Nothing, NOTHING has made my blood boil more than this.

Let’s get this straight: HE IGNORED THE SOLDIER…HIS SOLDIER…WHO DIED ON A FREAKING SIDEWALK WHEN A JIHADIST CAME AND SHOT HIM UP…with intent to attack a DAY CARE CENTER, other Jewish meeting places, a Baptist church, etc. but had an immediate statement about Tiller the butcher’s murder, too. Now this. This is the priority of his administration and himself. He is preserving his own voting constituents, or trying to. The jihadist was a bit of a sticky one for him…too much overlap. But, he showed himself there…and it is frightening to see. Add to that the miranda rights now given to the combatants, the DoJ and FBI stopping their investigations into black American-muslim conversions/activities and his pressure on Israel and I think we have a real, real dangerous man in the White House. He is not pro American. God help us and help Israel.

Mommypundit on June 11, 2009 at 5:59 AM

I laugh every time Obama tells people not to smoke. He’s funny.

JiangxiDad on June 11, 2009 at 7:39 AM

I have thought this for a while now. They will come after the Jews, again. My mother and father survived the camps, I was their first child born in America. I will not go quietly, I am an armed Jew.

skatz51 on June 11, 2009 at 8:13 AM

Jay Mac on June 11, 2009 at 5:06 AM

Sadly I had the same thought. Further proof (if anyone really needed it) of Obama disregard for our military.

todler on June 11, 2009 at 8:31 AM

For the first time in my adult life I’m ashamed of my country.
My Father retired military, if he weren’t already deceased this would kill him.

DougDavis on June 11, 2009 at 9:13 AM

This is Obama stirring up anti-semitism in a targeted way. The President can talk to whoever he likes of have his disbarrred wife do it.

Between soles of shoes and “them jews” it seems rather a coordinated antisemitic day at the WH.

Be prepared for Rahm and Axelrod being the next recipients of shoes and be given the boot.

clnurnberg on June 11, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Brother, I am not Jewish, but I will be one who will stand up for you if those days ever come again, God forbid. This IS still America and that sort of thing will NOT stand here.

CaptKurgan on June 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Vigilant against antisemitism….Hilarious! all of his seminal mentors/freinds were rabid Joo haters- Wright, Ayers, ex-PLO college professrs,etc.etc….thats as funny as BHO lamenting our “unsustainable” deficit. Pure political pap.
Rev.Wright was right about one thing…he is first a politician

zekero on June 11, 2009 at 10:28 AM

CaptKurgan on June 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM

+1. They’d have to step over my twitching corpse first.

CurtZHP on June 11, 2009 at 10:54 AM

While the first 11 years at imam Wrights church are distressing, the final 9 years say it all. What exactly do they teach the children during Sunday school at the rabid, raving, racist, anti-semitic imams church? To think that he approved the shaping of his children’s mind’s anywhere near such an atmosphere tells me everything I need to know about our evil, racist, precedent.

cjk on June 11, 2009 at 12:11 PM

But we don’t need to be vigilant concerning Muslim terrorists.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 11, 2009 at 12:52 PM

He sure speaks pretty

BigMike252 on June 11, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Obama-”I’m not sure I understand all I know about this stuff!”

Cybergeezer on June 11, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Vigilance; We don’t need no stinkin’ vigilance!

Cybergeezer on June 11, 2009 at 7:00 PM