Palin on Obamanomics: We tried to warn you

posted at 2:05 pm on June 8, 2009 by Allahpundit

She really did, back in the days when expressing even mild skepticism about The One’s pledge not to raise taxes on the middle class was cause for having your dirty laundry aired on the national news. From her RNC acceptance speech:

But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed … when the roar of the crowd fades away … when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot — what exactly is our opponent’s plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he’s done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer is to make government bigger … take more of your money … give you more orders from Washington … and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world…

Taxes are too high … he wants to raise them. His tax increases are the fine print in his economic plan, and let me be specific.

The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes … raise payroll taxes … raise investment income taxes … raise the death tax … raise business taxes … and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars…

How are you going to be better off if our opponent adds a massive tax burden to the American economy?

Don’t forget taxes on health-care benefits. Says Palin to Hannity of our new federal colossus, “It’s expanding at such a large degree that if Americans aren’t paying attention, unfortunately our country could evolve into something that we do not even recognize.” Are Americans paying attention? The astounding thing about that Gallup poll Ed posted earlier isn’t that a majority now disapprove of how The One’s controlling federal spending, it’s that it’s a bare majority — 51/45 — despite the projections of trillion-dollar deficits for the next decade. In fact, on the issue of the deficit itself, Obama doesn’t even attract majority disapproval: 48 percent are unfavorable versus 46 percent who are favorable, a spread within the poll’s margin of error. I’m tempted to blame the media, which is still letting him get away with his nonsensical “jobs created or saved” crap, for not pushing the meme of how ruinous this course is, but The One himself has copped to its unsustainability both in public forums and in interviews. The information’s out there. A lot of people simply don’t care, evidently.

Here he is this morning finding the silver lining in the fact that “only” 345,000 more jobs were lost in May, which, by his own admission, is almost twice as many as have been “created or saved” by the stimulus in the three months since it passed in February. Cost per job so far based on the most recent figure of how much money’s been spent or obligated: Just south of $75,000.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

All he needs is 50+1%…and I’m sure he’s already got it wrapped up.

dcwvu on June 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Wow, the knowledge of these immature Obama Kool-Aid drinkers is astounding. Ever heard of the electoral college, kid?

Norwegian on June 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM

I’ve finally got a reason to tune into Hannity.

I love that woman!

JamesLee on June 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I don’t know anyone who regrets voting for Obama. I’m very proud I did.

dcwvu on June 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Please enlighten us-why exactly did you vote for O’bama?

And one ground rule-your answer cannot mention Bush, Cheney, McCain, Plain, or any other Republican.

We want to know why you felt O’bama was qualified to be President.

Del Dolemonte on June 8, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Oops, Palin.

Del Dolemonte on June 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I know many of my generation, and the new voting generation who will turn 18 in the next 4 years, feel the same and will show up in the millions.

dcwvu on June 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

So .. you hang out with 14 year olds. Uh huh. That makes sense.

progressoverpeace on June 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Better re-check that math: $112 billion spent so far, 150,000 allegedly ‘created or saved’ = $746,000 per job.

Oh well, it’s just a zero, right?

MikeInOhio on June 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Oh well, it’s just a zero, right?

MikeInOhio on June 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

It’s not just a zero, but The Zero!

Anybody not seeing that this country is heading for economic disaster is either very, very dense or simply not paying attention. Think about this: the Chinese laughed at our Treasury Secretary when he told them their investment in our debt was safe. The Chinese. Laughed.

I feel sick.

mr.blacksheep on June 8, 2009 at 8:36 PM

dcwvu, enjoy your run while you can. Sarah! is going to end it.

platypus on June 8, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I suppose Palin was knocking heads with “my friends” McCain at the time:

On the heels of the Republican convention and the selection of Sarah Palin as the GOP’s vice-Presidential candidate, the McCain campaign was bouncing in the polls and gaining some much-needed confidence going into the campaign’s home stretch. That post-convention momentum was squandered by McCain’s bizarre announcement that he was suspending his campaign to return to Washington to try to force Treasury Secretary Paulsen’s stalled Troubled Asset Relief Program through the Congress.

nottakingsides on June 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Sarah is far too kind…SHE tried to warn the public.

Senator McCrank took a nap…then let his cadre of dopes blame her when he lost to a neophyte community organizer.

SuperCool on June 8, 2009 at 9:25 PM

oh my god i love lou holtz

BPD on June 8, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Governor Palin is a beacon of light.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Plato

Saltysam on June 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Thanks for that flashback. I love her.

The information’s out there. A lot of people simply don’t care, evidently.

I think people just don’t get it, and your first instinct is right – the media. Beck is the only one I’ve seen (even on Fox) spelling it all out for us. Showing how much deficits and debt is growing, showing how we’re quickly turning in to a socialist nation run by an increasingly fascist government. Even O’Reilly and Hannity haven’t painted a clear enough picture that people would truly “get it.”

We are completely FUBAR and very few realize how irreversible this is, because we’ve gone too far already.

RightWinged on June 8, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Sarah is far too kind…SHE tried to warn the public.

SuperCool on June 8, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Oooooh…a chill just filled the room here when I read that. Outstanding!

Palin was McCain’s only salvation in that campaign and he threw her under the bus.

Still wish he had turned to Barry and said, “You know, 40 years ago I used to bomb Commie bastards like you.”

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 8, 2009 at 11:02 PM

President Sarah Palin……wish it was sooner.

dec5 on June 9, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Wow, it’s a virtual ‘Cuda-palooza today! I have so much reading and YouTubing to catch up on I don’t know when I’ll get to bed. I flove this woman. Can’t wait to refer to her as Madame President!

RightWinged on June 8, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Sadly this is true. I have debates with otherwise intelligent friends on these issues all the time. These are smart people, who could AND should know better, but they just gloss over the top stories on Yahoo! for the day and consider themselves informed. I’m not really sure how to counter this even, because if you try to over a rebuttal, you are simply told you’re wrong and any kind of evidence you might want to hold up in support of your position is denounced as right-wing propaganda. I have given up and resigned myself that the sole satisfaction I will get will come the day I get to say, “Well, I told you so!”

I really think all of this is too complex for the average American to really understand. And even if you boil it down for them, most people are shortsighted enough to declare, “Well, it doesn’t affect me so I don’t care!” Of course, it DOES affect them, and will in the very near future, but until that day comes — until the Zero’s policies finally hit them in their own pocketbooks — they won’t care. We are a nation of debtors. Why should anyone care if the government is in debt? Hey if we get free health care and $8000 tax credits for buying a house we can’t afford, that’s all that matters, right? No one ever stops to consider where the money to pay for all of this largesse is going to come from. Just tax the evil rich! That’s the mantra. In the meantime the masses will keep fawning over our American Idol president because he’s so cool and trendy.

NoLeftTurn on June 9, 2009 at 1:58 AM

NoLeftTurn on June 9, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Who better than a woman who admits she got a D in Economics to explain these complicated issues to the American public?

benny shakar on June 9, 2009 at 3:45 AM

I would vote for Sarah Palin even if she looked like Helen Thomas.

darktood on June 9, 2009 at 3:52 AM

benny shakar on June 9, 2009 at 3:45 AM

And Obambi got what grade in what class? Transcripts anyone?

LOL

karenhasfreedom on June 9, 2009 at 4:08 AM

And Obambi got what grade in what class? Transcripts anyone?
karenhasfreedom on June 9, 2009 at 4:08 AM

Considering President Obama graduated magna cum laude (ask your mom what that means) from HLS, I don’t imagine econ101 presented the same struggle as it did for caribou barbie.

benny shakar on June 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM

benny shakar on June 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM

From the looks of it, “Carribou Barbie” aced Economics 101 and Big 0 never bothered to take it.

Or is your grasp of ecconomics so flimsy you don’t recognize failing ecconomic policies even when they’re producing double digit unemployment figures?

I would suggest you ask your mom what stagflation and The Misery Index is.

Now, considering you’re an idiot, I’ll give it about a 50/50 that you’re mom’s an idiot too,(or was a major huffer during pregnancy) so, if she doesn’t know, Wiki it.

SuperCool on June 9, 2009 at 5:39 AM

benny shakar on June 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM

You meant Allegedly graduated magna cum laude, right? Afterall, we’re talking about a guy who lauds the improving “profits and earnings ratio” and once spent nearly 5 minutes of a stump speech arguing that increased drilling (increased supply) was the cause for rising oil prices.

BPD on June 9, 2009 at 6:07 AM

benny shakar on June 9, 2009 at 4:50 AM

The fellating media has competition.

SKYFOX on June 9, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Ouch! The brilliant, the magnificent Obama bested by Palin again – that’s gotta hurt! Go Sarah!!

littleguy on June 9, 2009 at 9:20 AM

That’s funny, I never heard Palin admit that she got a “D” in economics.

Sounds like more Trig Truther Known Facts to me.

victor82 on June 9, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Let me get this equation right…

Being able to read coherently from a teleprompter= MESSIAH

Ray V. on June 9, 2009 at 10:41 AM

It’s funny how things work out. My grandma use to say “Everything comes out in the wash and what doesn’t come out you throw it away”.

Chris

mmcnamer1 on June 9, 2009 at 12:20 PM

ChimpyO is a despicable sack of donkey crap.

csdeven on June 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM