Quote of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on June 7, 2009 by Allahpundit

“The disinvitation from speaking, said a campaign committee official, was done ‘out of respect’ for Gingrich.

‘You dance with the one who brung ya,’ said the official, who stressed that event organizers were still happy to have Palin appear and be introduced…

Palin’s staff had even been sent an agenda with the governor’s speaking slot included.

But then a finance official with the NRSC called Palin aide Meg Stapleton Saturday night to say that Sessions didn’t want Palin to speak.

Recounting the conversation Sunday, Stapleton said she told the NRSC staffer: ‘Why, at a time when we’re trying to build the party, would you pull a move like that on somebody who earlier in the day just attracted 20,000 people?”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

or something…

Katy on June 7,2009 at 11:29PM.

Katy:

She’s the First Lady,you would think,when Michelle is out and about,and cameras are all around,OMama would watch her
P’s and Q’s,impression of,so to speak!

Michelle has the world by the(Obama’s)tail,ahem!

canopfor on June 7, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Daggett on June 7, 2009 at 11:35 PM

now that made me laugh!!

katy on June 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM

its still very likely that she will be at that dinner tommorrow night. After reading that article they still REALLY want her to be there. I bet she shows up and comes off as a team player. She will be in DC anyways tommorrow.

ousoonerfan15 on June 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

So you’ve already veered off my polical path.

AnninCA on June 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I’ll get over it.

Listen to me, everybody! I’m your new leader! I’m gonna save your lives! I’m gonna tell you what to do!
- AnninCA

MB4 on June 7, 2009 at 11:40 PM

That’s absolutely correct and the reason I’m not voting Republican again is because you, I, and every other blithering slob on this blog realize it – but they don’t.

If they can’t realize something as simple as this – they aren’t up to leading this country.

They need to stay in the wilderness some more.

HondaV65 on June 7, 2009 at 11:17 PM

True, just look at the treatment certain Republican politicians got at the hands of Tea Party Protesters when they tried to speak at Tea Party events. It wasn’t pretty and the sooner party insiders wake up and realise that the base doesn’t want what they are selling all the better in my opinion.

As for the notion that the only way for the GOP to move forward is for the Party to become more moderate the only thing that plan will lead to is the Democratic hegemony that James Carville was wishing for. The party needs to what Regan did and make an appeal to independent and Democratic voters who share similar conservative values to those of the Republican conservative base (Not all Democrats are far left kook’s and social progressives). Conservative values that we all identify with, like smaller government, less taxation, Fiscal responsibility and a strong national defence.

Dreadnought223 on June 7, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Well, go ahead and adopt Ayn Rand ideology.

I find her completely naive and pedantic.

So you’ve already veered off my polical path.

AnninCA on June 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I’ve never read much Ayn Rand, but her ideology can’t be much worse than one built on bits of Noam Chomsky, Karl Marx, Betty Friedan and Saul Alinsky.

ddrintn on June 7, 2009 at 11:43 PM

I find her completely naive and pedantic.

AnninCA on June 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM

And I find you completely narcissistic and pedestrian.

Cheshire Cat on June 7, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Well nite, everyone,Floating Rock,I caught myself,:)
Katy,good catch on OMama if looks can kill,:)ddrintn,
to a better day tomorrow!:):)

canopfor on June 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM

canopfor on June 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Until next time….

katy on June 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM

canopfor on June 7, 2009 at 11:27 PM

She’s also mad at Carla Bruni for being prettier than her … or something….

katy on June 7, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Made my day.

PrincipledPilgrim on June 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM

PrincipledPilgrim on June 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM

HotAir should post this tomorrow as a caption contest. 1000 hit post!

katy on June 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM

PrincipledPilgrim on June 7, 2009 at 11:30 PM

I seem to remember Rubio was endorsed by Jeb Bush, Jr.

Not sure what the backstory is there.

cs89 on June 7, 2009 at 11:56 PM

PrincipledPilgrim on June 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM

HotAir should post this tomorrow as a caption contest. 1000 hit post!

katy on June 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Email AP directly. :-)

PrincipledPilgrim on June 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM

HotAir should post this tomorrow as a caption contest. 1000 hit post!

katy on June 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM

It already is a caption contest over at the Jawa Report

Dreadnought223 on June 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Dreadnought223 on June 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Ha! Thanks… this should be good!!

katy on June 8, 2009 at 12:04 AM

PP and Dread, Did you read some of the comments. This woman is… shall we say… not illiciting much affection…

katy on June 8, 2009 at 12:08 AM

The “insiders” still don’t GET Gov. Palin, so by extension they don’t understand their base. I think that’s pretty obvious by now, no?

SouthernGent on June 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM

PP and Dread, Did you read some of the comments. This woman is… shall we say… not eliciting much affection…

katy on June 8, 2009 at 12:08 AM

lol…Yeah some of them are a bit over the top but others a quite funny.

Dreadnought223 on June 8, 2009 at 12:13 AM

They treat her like this because she’s female.

Alana on June 8, 2009 at 12:13 AM

OT: North Korea sentences American journalists to 12 years in labor camps.

SnarkVader on June 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

the devastating caricatures that emerged last fall,

These people are idiots. No matter who emerges as leaders in the GOP, they will be caricatured. If you let them choose who those leaders will be, they’ll choose easy targets.

The Monster on June 8, 2009 at 12:15 AM

CCRWM on June 7, 2009 at 10:36 PM

That is a very astute observation. You hit the nail on the head.

cjs1943 on June 8, 2009 at 12:24 AM

OT: North Korea sentences American journalists to 12 years in labor camps.

SnarkVader on June 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Bad news, unless Matthews, Olbermann and the entire NYT are among them.

ddrintn on June 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Newt signed my Sarah Palin poster at CPAC.

Could be they reinvited Sarah to speak, Sessions veto’ed it cause maybe they thought they had to dump Newt.

Both should speak.

Sapwolf on June 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM

No wonder the GOP is such a mess. This death-from-a-thousand-cuts sniping at each other has to stop. We will not even be a party in 2012 if this continues.

People who can’t even get their invitee list down for a fundraiser will not be able to produce a party platform, let alone a candidate.

Palin/Cheney 2012
But, who the hell listens to me….

Dave in San Diego on June 8, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Well, go ahead and adopt Ayn Rand ideology.

I find her completely naive and pedantic.

So you’ve already veered off my polical path.

AnninCA on June 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I want to draw everyone’s attention to the shameless ad hominem attack on one intellecutals entire body of work by AnninCA. In one broad brushed fell swoop she dismisses Rand by saying she is naive. This is kind of absurd. Is the Fountainhead naive, how about Atlas Shrugged? Is that the work of a naive individual? How about objectivist epistemology? Is that Naive?

How can Rand be more naive than AnninCA? Has AnninCA ever complete one coherent paragraph without

double

spacing

each

any

every

sentence

to

inflate

her

posts?

Lets not let AnninCA ruin HA the way she ruined No Quater and annoyed the hell out of everyone over there with vacuous one liners double spaced to bloat her importance.

Geochelone on June 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Palin/Cheney 2012
But, who the hell listens to me….

Dave in San Diego on June 8, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I do. I think that would be a terrific ticket.

ddrintn on June 8, 2009 at 12:49 AM

Palin/Cheney 2012
But, who the hell listens to me….

Dave in San Diego on June 8, 2009 at 12:46 AM
I do. I think that would be a terrific ticket.

ddrintn on June 8, 2009 at 12:49 AM

And I would be happy with Dick or Liz.

katy on June 8, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Palin/Cheney 2012
But, who the hell listens to me….

Dave in San Diego on June 8, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I’m listening to you. Now, how do we make this happen?

cjs1943 on June 8, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Liberty Party, with “Don’t Tread On Me” as the banner! Conservative sounds too old fashion. Liberty is so long gone now that it will sound like something brand new, like it did in 1776. Plus, some sizable number of dims might confuse the name Liberty with liberal and vote for the Liberty Party.

MB4 on June 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM

If there is a third party, you just hit the JACKPOT on the name.

The LIBERTY PARTY!

That’s it. You have it all there in the name.

Thanks for a great suggestion. If the split comes, that name is a wonderful first step to gradually over the long haul get us back from the insanity.

The GOP in DC is bankrupt. I suspect Mr. Steele knows it but just does not have enough power yet to grab hold of the wheel, throw the ringleaders off the boat and righten the course. Either that or he needs to be thrown over.

People…Sarah is gold. If they can’t see it, they are not conservative and have NO interest in ordered liberty per our very own Constitution.

The Liberty Party is brilliant. I like it. Short-term the Dems win, but long-term the GOP fades away and the young people latch on to liberty.

Sapwolf on June 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Savage 2012!

TimeTraveler on June 8, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Saw Gingrich on one of the Fox News prime time shows last week…said that he thought it was great that the Dear Leaders went on a date.

My RINO alarm started buzzing.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 8, 2009 at 1:19 AM

Geochelone on June 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM

We shall rechristen AnninCA as CA Blow Fish
So let it be written, so let it be done.

Cheshire Cat on June 8, 2009 at 1:21 AM

AnninCA on June 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM

What the hell do you think we just tried over the last 8 years? You pay attention to anything?

Concern Troll alert…..AGAIN.

Sapwolf on June 8, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Well, looks like the RNC and NSRC solicitation letters are going to be returned in their prepaid envelopes with zero written in for the donation. Only this time i will tell thim in bold sharpie marker across the letter that as long as they are dissing Sarah, I will diss their fund raising.

Those idiots.

karenhasfreedom on June 8, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Well, go ahead and adopt Ayn Rand ideology.

I find her completely naive and pedantic.

AnninCA on June 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Ayn lived independently and was a mathematician and physicist into her 70s. You, on the other hand, are an utter fool.

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Hey sapwolf did Gov. Palin know about C4P when you saw her yestrday (Sat). If so what did she say about the site. Oh by the way I reposted your comment from Sat. over at C4P I hope you didn’t mind.

Clyde5445 on June 8, 2009 at 1:43 AM

She has the instincts of a hawk.

THAT is the reason she can lead this country.

Saltysam on June 8, 2009 at 1:57 AM

MB4 on June 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Sapwolf on June 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM

You two are onto it.

Saltysam on June 8, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Caption contest

Ugly and Uglier

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Give me a break, Sessions.

You could have figured out a way to work them both into the fundraiser.

This is utter foolishness coming across, more and more, as blind incompetence.

Saltysam on June 8, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Caption contest

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2009 at 2:03 AM

As much as I hate those G-d damned honkies I sure wish I looked half as good as that one! I’m going to have to keep an even closer eye on Barack. Maybe I should punch her in the face and break her jaw so she looks more like me?

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on June 8, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Caption contest

Ugly and Uglier

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2009 at 2:03 AM

How do you say “You stink” in ‘France’………..?

Seven Percent Solution on June 8, 2009 at 3:24 AM

Caption contest

Ugly and Uglier

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2009 at 2:03 AM

“I just farted in your general direction…..”

Seven Percent Solution on June 8, 2009 at 3:28 AM

Caption contest

Ugly and Uglier

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2009 at 2:03 AM

“My husband has a larger penis than yours……….

……….. and he is white.”

Seven Percent Solution on June 8, 2009 at 3:29 AM

OT: North Korea sentences American journalists to 12 years in labor camps.

SnarkVader on June 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Yes , obama already created or saved 2 jobs , for 12 years.

But , we need a Labor Czar to manage those camps.

the_nile on June 8, 2009 at 4:15 AM

Obama would gladly exchange Sarah Palin for the two journalists.

technopeasant on June 8, 2009 at 5:45 AM

Short-term the Dems win, but long-term the GOP fades away

Agree. They seem confused because they are. They’re in it for the cash and the lifestyle. They have no principles nor moral fiber.

Since Newt is probably the instigator in pissing on Sarah, I think it’s time that the “Gingrich conservatives” give it up already. He was as enamored of the power as anyone in DC ever has been. He was the first GOPer to get the reins in his hands in ’94 and he drove himself right off the rails just like all the rest of the GOP did after him.

He’s passing himself off as the real thing but in action he was as phony, and self-absorbed as the rest of the Grand Ol’ Party.

Sarah should turn her back on these gutless weasels. If she goes national it would be better as an independent or under a new banner.

rcl on June 8, 2009 at 6:14 AM

Again, I haven’t a clue as to what this particular story is about.

Clue me in?

AnninCA on June 7, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Yeh I know

norryrr on June 8, 2009 at 7:00 AM

Dear goopers, like I said in my post yesterday, the biggest problem with Caribou Barbie won’t be the left,IT WILL BE YOUR OWN PARTY! Newt,Sessions and company don’t want that bimbo to get the gop nomination,you betcha. They know she’ll play well with the wingnut base, but get slaughtered in the general election. Why are you wingnuts in such denial about this? You get so cocky saying “the left fears her” when in reality we are PRAYING that nutjob runs. She’s a joke, what part of that don’t you understand? Like I said before, the 2012 gop primary will be a street brawl, prepare thy self goopers.

athensboy on June 8, 2009 at 7:18 AM

These people pulled the same crap the first time around too. They invited her, she wanted to finish her legislative session before confirming and these prima donnas threw a snit, called her a disaster and went and booked Newt.

If they think adding in Sarah to the speaking roster hurts Newt, they should not have added her in the first place.

BTW, she’s on Hannity tonight, that probably means she’s avoiding the dinner. Hope she slams the GOP real hard in that interview.

promachus on June 8, 2009 at 7:39 AM

athensboy on June 8, 2009 at 7:18 AM

For once, you are actually partly right. Her own party is the biggest problem, but not for the reasons you propose.

The GOP should not be a “top down” organization, choosing who runs in the FL primary etc. Run the primaries, let the members decide who the nominee is. There is a place for strategy and figuring out what works in which market, and evenhanded and transparent arguments about why Minnesota may require a different emphasis than Alabama should be welcomed. Back-room dealing about who will get the support, though, based on cronyism or incumbent status should be left to the Dems IMO.

As to Palin being “slaughtered” in the general, kind of sounds like 1977 arguments to me. (“voodoo economics” anyone?)

cs89 on June 8, 2009 at 7:43 AM

I read the illustrious history of GOP regarding women’s suffrage. Apparently, they wanted suffrage for the blacks but not women and when early feminists pushed for the vote, GOP turned against the women in a big way and the women returned the favor.

Part of all this crap is that Sarah’s a woman and they can think everything’ fair game. She’s a woman after all.

Bigger part is she’s a conservative. They pulled the same stunt on Rush Limbaugh too. GOP sucks.

promachus on June 8, 2009 at 7:45 AM

promachus on June 8, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Don’t expect her to slam the GOP. It can be fun to speculate about an independent run, etc. but I’d bet she knows her best vehicle is actually the Republican party. She doesn’t have to agree with everything they say or do right now, but should avoid direct confrontation with them.

Raise $, contribute to conservative candidates, write a book, keep making appearances before thousands and she’s got a chance at being the nominee. If that happens, she can mold the platform into an appropriate vehicle for a compelling run in 2012, IMO.

cs89 on June 8, 2009 at 7:47 AM

It is getting more than pathetic to watch these grown men in the Republican party acting like jealous high school cheerleaders afraid the “new girl” will be more popular. News flash, boys–she is!

The best way to save money in DC right now would be to place all the Republicans in the House/Senate on unpaid leave until the 2010 elections. At least then there would be a legitimate reason for their lack of opposition to Obama.

varnson on June 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM

TWENTY THOUSAND PEOPLE showed up on a lovely weekday afternoon in a rinky-dinky little town in upstate New York just to SEE SARAH.

My Gawd, what are these idiots in DC thinking?? The stupidity is beyond stunning !

I believe Sarah will run in 2012 as either an Independent or Libertarian and I believe she will win. Politicians are completely underestimating the anger, frustration and disgust the American citizens (you know, those “we the people guys”) are feeling towards the government.

stenwin77 on June 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM

“CAPTION CONTEST”

Michelle
: “What do you mean, I shouldn’t wear white?”

stenwin77 on June 8, 2009 at 7:58 AM

AnninCA on June 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Bwahahahahaha!!! That’s prehistoric thinking and is destined to be on the ash heap of history. If you are the voice of the GOP. then it’s no wonder the party is lost and rudderless. It’s time to separate the wheat from the chaff and get rid of the RINO’s.

csdeven on June 8, 2009 at 8:00 AM

But many in the party establishment, mindful of her polarizing persona popularity

The left is making an all out assault on this country and will fight to the death and the biggest impediment to stopping them is the republicans in congress. They are helping the left take this country right down the drain. These people who throw their weight around in the republican party are the same people who did absolutely nothing to solve this countries problems during the Bush administration. Six years of a republican administration, senate and house, nothing. Six years prior with a republican house and senate. They actually set the table for the left to destroy the United States. This isn’t just about Palin, you better believe they will do this to any other contender who isn’t a “washington insider” who hasn’t signed a loyalty oath to the Game. Remember, these same dirtbags are pushing for charlie crist and tom ridge to join their fraternity.

peacenprosperity on June 8, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I bet she shows up and comes off as a team player.

I wish she wouldn’t. I wish she’d release a statement that says,”I’m going back to Alaska to govern, I’ll leave the silliness to the congressman.”

peacenprosperity on June 8, 2009 at 8:03 AM

“Caption Contest”

Carla Bruni-Sarkozy: Keep staring at me you militant whitey hating troglodyte and I’ll shave my armpits and put the curlies in your vichyssoise.

csdeven on June 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM

The NRSC is out of control and acting like a bunch of Napoleans. F’ng screw them ALL! I will not have 2 dozen US Senators dictate to me who I can or cannot vote for and who will RUN the party. They are gonna find themselves one day soon having a campaign rally where they are the ONLY ones who show up! A$$holes!!!

Sultry Beauty on June 8, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Newt supported Huck in the last election. Enough said.

Sultry Beauty on June 8, 2009 at 8:27 AM

Michelle: “I hate Whitey…..I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey…I hate Whitey.”

Itchee Dryback on June 8, 2009 at 8:39 AM

See, all you racists are hammering Obamas Momma over that pic on Drudge.
Next I suppose one of you will be sayin she looks like an awful angry Baboon. Angry enough to bite the head off’n that white trash next to her and haul her children off to Nieman Marcus for some $400.00 sneakers if they have Nieman Marcus in Paris that is.

I never saw a look like that from any of the BOOOOSHLadies and I suppose that shot won’t make the cover of Newsweak, Vanity Fair, The New Yawk Slimes or any of the other braindead, in the Presidente Pinnochio tank, goin broke in The Won’s economy, fishwrap, or on Olberman or old tingly legs Matthews show either

PRICELESS

Hats off to Matt Drudge

dhunter on June 8, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Wow, Meeechelle looks like a BITTER wench. She exudes PURE HATE. Yikes, I would not want to run into that in a dark alley.

Geochelone on June 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Caption Contest its’ gotta be:

The Beauty and The BEAST!

dhunter on June 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

dhunter on June 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

We have a winner!

Geochelone on June 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Oh My God Sarahs above them now

Two Beauties and The BEAST

Thanks Matt Drudge!

dhunter on June 8, 2009 at 10:14 AM

It’s possible that the RNC and the NRSC have what I’ll call “Obama Paralyzation Disorder”: In other words, the are scared has heck to do what they know they should do (show support for someone like Palin, who has the grassroots appeal of the party’s conservative base), b/c the fear being damned by the media and the Obama (“but I repeat myself”…to borrow the line from an HA commenter whom I respect…) for aligning themselves with a “pariah” like Sarah Palin.

And I think it goes to show that Sarah Palin’s ascent to the national fore (assuming that is her goal, and I think it is…) will be the result of a total grassroots movement.

People like Palin (not just Palin in particular) make folks like me happy. We are conservative to the core, and we see in someone like her a politician (and a damn good governor) who believes what we believe and behaves the way we wnat our politicians to behave (with conviction earnest and thoughtful action. And if our GOP has been missing this by pandering to moderates, then we have no choice but to go grassroots and make them listen to us.

bluelightbrigade on June 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM

bluelightbrigade on June 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM

This is why the “I am Sarah Palin” mantra sort of took off. She’s not a superstar, but a hell of a lot of people identify with her (which is what one would expect people to do with politicians, in a way). It’s growing to be a juggernaut, but not to be mistaken by the cultish attitude of the Obamanaut phenom: The diff is “we know exactly why we like Palin…the Obamanauts just liked him, even though the didn’t know why (even though we all know why…)

bluelightbrigade on June 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM

GO SARAH!

Herb on June 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Newt Gingrich hasn’t been relevant for the past decade. He has become a gadfly who writes books, collects wives, is a fixture on FNC and occasionally says some very stupid things.

Speaking of stupidity: Pete Sessions and John Cornyn: do you have any idea how many millions you cost the GOP?

bw222 on June 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM

This is one of many reasons, I’m an Independent. Does the Republican Party still have a leg to stand on? I mean they seem so busy shooting themselves in the foot.

Dr Evil on June 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Caption contest

“Mmmmm Hmmmmm!! If I could get her alone she’d never go back to that skinny frenchman.”

peacenprosperity on June 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Caption should be

“Two psychotic dames”, really.

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2009 at 4:06 PM

It appears now Sarah will be attending the NRSC dinner tonight.

technopeasant on June 8, 2009 at 4:19 PM

PALIN/CHENEY 2012!

WOULDN’T THE WORLD BE A BETTER PLACE?

greataunty on June 9, 2009 at 6:43 AM