Video: Obama Beach?

posted at 11:19 am on June 6, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

No wonder the French didn’t want the British to attend the ceremonies for the 65th anniversary of D-Day. Prime Minister Gordon Brown inadvertently renamed Omaha Beach in honor of his bestest new buddy on this side of the pond:

So I guess all is forgiven for those DVDs, eh, Mr. Brown?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Thanks so much for the W links, 7%. I’m wiping tears away. Another great speech I missed the first time around.

Rosmerta on June 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM

I think it was an Freudian Obameudian slip.

Geochelone on June 7, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Can’t help meself. :D
Maybe Brown mispronounced beach,not Obama

oldernwiser on June 6, 2009 at 11:22 AM

That was excellent. LOL

tbear44 on June 7, 2009 at 1:55 AM

I see the world moving to the right (Brown is waiting to become a footnote)… Israel, France, Canada, The Netherlands, (soon) Britain… and we’re stuck BHO, Pelosi and Reid.

mankai on June 7, 2009 at 2:25 AM

Rosmerta on June 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Thanks………

………… I miss him, too.

Seven Percent Solution on June 7, 2009 at 3:06 AM

Hey Gordon, what does it taste like?
When you have it in your mouth, what does it taste like?

Kini on June 7, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Brown can’t get that image of Obama in swim trunks with his fatty man-boobs bouncing up and down while running on the beach. Barry needs a training bra and Brown will soon need a job.

Geochelone on June 7, 2009 at 4:47 AM

test

soundingboard on June 7, 2009 at 6:31 AM

Hmmm…

I’ll try again.

I’m surprised Ogabe didn’t pull a MacArthur by having a landing craft beach itself on Omaha so he could majestically wade ashore in the surf.

I think you are referring to Patton.

keep the change on June 6, 2009 at 5:59 PM

I think you’re both right. I know MacArthur waded ashore in the Phillipines, and I’m pretty sure* he was preceded by Patton in Sicily.

* Pretty sure means I think so,
but wouldn’t swear to it in a Court of Law.

soundingboard on June 7, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Obama Beach

Oama Bin Laden

really does it matter?

Welcome to planet Obama.

Check your integrity, rights, and freedoms at the door.

BillaryMcBush on June 7, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Is Gordon Brown still the Prime Minister of Great Britain? Why? Why haven’t they gotten rid of him? He is an embarrassment. Obama can’t save him does he think if he gets some American Messiah on him that will anoint him as chosen by The One, in Britain’s eyes?

When these houses of cards start imploding it’s going to be really messy I just hope it isn’t violent like Argentina but remember the English population has a large Muslim population, and they liked to turn cars over and set them on fire in France.

I don’t know how much longer Brown has? I think he is on fumes now….how about Obama snubbing the President of France…smooth move ex lax. Way to repair our international relations…or is that pandering only for Muslim countries? Obvious much somebody explain the separation of Church and State to Obama, he can’t endorse any religion i.e. partner our country with Islam. Why Islam it’s only 1.8 million in the U.S. population 2007 World Fact Book.

Obama stated he was Christian NOT that- that should make any difference what so ever to our foreign policy.

Dr Evil on June 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM

This is a good question just where is the Muslim World located exactly since they had to have an entire speech loaded into TOTUS to reach them?

Dr Evil on June 7, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Liberalism is a progressive mental disorder. Brown is just in the advanced stages and sinking fast. The Brits hope he doesn’t completely bankrupt them before they can flush him.

volsense on June 7, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Dr Evil on June 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I was just reading some commentary from a British guy I know. The U.K. just had some Parliamentary elections – as in, this weekend – and based upon what this guy is saying, Labour and other leftist parties are getting hammered so badly in the vote-counts that it isn’t outside the realm of possibility that Brown could be forced to resign within days.

Kind of interesting. We might be seeing Britain going through their own mini-revolt against socialism, which had previously happened in France when they voted Sarkozy into power.

Vyce on June 7, 2009 at 5:54 PM