More bowing from the media

posted at 11:45 am on June 6, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Newbusters has this, although Power Line and pretty much everyone else has it linked. Newsweek’s Evan Thomas talks about Barack Obama with Chris Matthews, and in the kind of skeptical, detached tone we have come to expect from the national media:

EVAN THOMAS: Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn’t felt that way in recent years. So Obama’s had, really, a different task We’re seen too often as the bad guys. And he – he has a very different job from – Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is ‘we are above that now.’ We’re not just parochial, we’re not just chauvinistic, we’re not just provincial. We stand for something – I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God. He’s-

MATTHEWS: Yeah.

THOMAS: He’s going to bring all different sides together.

Shorter Thomas: He’s kinda like God, only cuter! OMG!!

I’d echo John Hinderaker’s “Good Lord,” but Evan Thomas might think I’m talking about Obama. We laughed when Brian Williams bowed to Obama to wish him good night, although thankfully Williams didn’t offer to tuck him into bed, but this goes beyond a bow. Thomas is almost literally worshiping at Obama’s image in this clip. And Newsweek doesn’t just employ Thomas as a reporter; he’s one of their editors.

Maybe Newsweek should just get a room at the White House and cycle its staff through it in order to allow for non-stop fawning. When will they announce that they’re changing their name to The Gospel Of Barack? I’d guess … 2012.

The front-page pic comes from our friends at The Corner, who are having fun with this today.

Update: Allahpundit already had this. I read his post last night, which dealt mainly with the explanation on flip-flops, but didn’t click through to the video. Fortunately, though, we are not the new Jon & Kate, as a commenter suggested (although I laughed out loud at it); we do read each other’s posts, but sometimes we overlap.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

“Reagan was all about America” is true

“Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it”
is not exactly true.

The press did not talk about Reagan’s love of America, the press raged against Reagan’s actions, policy statements, and handling of questions at press conferences. The press had little interest in building up Reagan by emphasizing he acted out of love of America because that would be great PR for Reagan

Imagine if Obama has created the earth, and populated it with fish and fowl and sent clouds into the key to water the plains and bring forth life forms of breath taking beauty, canyons and waterfalls, dophins and whales, and then what if Obama had created man and given man wisdom to see the greatness of creation?

It took that much for man to call the God of Abraham ‘Lord’

and yet it took an election win, a couple trips to the EU for the Newsweek genius to fall on his knees and call Obama not ‘Lord’ but ‘God’

he’s sort of God. He’s-
MATTHEWS: Yeah.

no comment needed

THOMAS: He’s going to bring all different sides together.

Only at the Valley of Kidron. Emek Yehoshafat, the valley where God will judge

entagor on June 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I guess the world wants a boy king

CWforFreedom on June 7, 2009 at 12:39 PM

The reality is that these people are so spiritually blind and backward in character that oscumma is as good as god to their minds. Sad and disgusting; these integrity-less whores will be judged by The Almighty for their gratuitously blasphemous state of mind.

cjk on June 7, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Obama’s fake smile on the cover of this post makes me nuts. I’ve seen him flash that fake smile a lot lately. This guy is really calculating and cold.

marklmail on June 7, 2009 at 2:27 PM

cjk on June 7, 2009 at 2:15 PM

AKA… If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.

RalphyBoy on June 7, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Freak’n morons!!

Bubba Redneck on June 7, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Nice makeup; Obama looks like a white man.

Cybergeezer on June 7, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Jeez, what if someone takes him out? What do you think the fallout would be?

Bikerken on June 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Only at the Valley of Kidron. Emek Yehoshafat, the valley where God will judge

My thoughts exactly.

This willing submission is irrational. Definitely creepy.

rcl on June 8, 2009 at 6:23 AM

Anybody see the picture of Michelle at Drudge Report glaring at the “white woman”? Isn’t that Sarkozy’s wife?

loudmouth883 on June 8, 2009 at 6:57 AM

I’m not seeing a lot of commentary on this, but the writing is on the wall. If people think the housing meltdown was bad, just wait till they get a load of the hurt this sector is going to put on the banks.

califcon on June 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM

You guys are assuming the housing market crash has reached bottom:

When these start hitting the market, watch out…

Ann NY on June 8, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Evan Thomas’ grandpa would be so proud.

TimBuk3 on June 8, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Hahahaha, goodbye!

Grafted on June 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Start a caption contest for this and one for the Michelle O. and Sarkozy chick

For this one – Media blowing

for the other

Beaty and the Beast, or Ugly and Uglier

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2009 at 10:54 AM

See that lipstick on his left cheek? Imagine what the media leave on his buttocks, on-going.

Schadenfreude on June 8, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Who would win a foot race between Chris Matthews and Evan Thomas if 1st prize was a chance to kiss Obama’s ass? I believe there would be blood.

Armando on June 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM

…and better than Jimmy Carter in spending and increasing interest rates, and causing stagflation. OMG. What’s the propaganda machine going to say when we get a “Misery Index”? Can’t blame it on the evil BOOOSH, so what’s the spin going to be?

marklmail on June 8, 2009 at 11:25 AM

These freakin idiots better hunker down. When God gets mocked by mortals he has a way of getting their attention, starting with the idols they worship.

theRealMcCoy on June 8, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Obama is all about elevating the status of the flunkies by lowering the status of the achievers. It is political correctnss run amock. Make all the flunkies “victims” and make all the achievers “perpitrators”.

Appearantly, Obama thinks he can make all the fish in the sea swim at the same speed.

Guess what? He can’t. His sharade will catch up to him. “Reaping the just rewards for their toil is good: reaping unjust rewards for their failure to toil is bad.”

saiga on June 8, 2009 at 1:21 PM

vomit

workingforpigs on June 8, 2009 at 2:08 PM

He ain’t fooled me. Pathetic that Americans
could be so duped.

I read him as a empty suit from the
beginning. Cold empty eyes, lying bastuud.

He ain’t my Teleprompter.

Kudos to the Cuda!!!

Go Sarah 2012!!!!!

falderal on June 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM

LOL! I did not know that the mag cover on the post was a parody. I thought that s**t was real. I flipped my lid earlier when I saw it, bitched to my gf for about a half hour about the media…..

….all to find out that it wasn’t real.

But the fact that I didn’t think it was a parody speaks volumes. It’s actually believable.

moonbat monitor on June 8, 2009 at 2:36 PM

loudmouth883 on June 8, 2009 at 6:57 AM

Yep. Michelle has some SERIOUS anger issues. Poster child for Angry Militant Black Woman.

marklmail on June 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Is “bowing” some sort of code?

Maybe for “sloppy blow job”?

mojo on June 8, 2009 at 4:01 PM

MATTHEWS: Yeah.
THOMAS: He’s going to bring all different sides together.

Un-freaking-believable!!

WOW!!

This presidency will make the history books 200-years from now….and NOT in a good way. Obama will make Hugo Chavez look like a moderate when all is said and done.

What really gets me is the media is no longer faking partiality. They have now announced their alligiance and this is most certainly a harbinger to the end of our republic. The press is the watchman for any democracy and we no longer have a free press…..we have a propaganda arm of left wing national socialism staring us in the face.

Goodeye_Closed on June 8, 2009 at 4:34 PM

And people actually pay their hard-earned dollars for the privilege of reading that tripe. Amazing.

crosspatch on June 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM

crosspatch on June 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Not me! To combat the bias of NewsWeak, I PAY for Kindle subscriptions to Hot Air & MM!

TN Mom on June 8, 2009 at 6:36 PM

loudmouth883 on June 8, 2009 at 6:57 AM

marklmail on June 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I saw that picture; for some reason I remembered a line from a recent video that said something about “Angry Gorilla”. I can’t for the life of me understand why that just popped into my head.

mad scientist on June 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM

What is really scary is that when I looked at the ‘newsweek’ cover I couldn’t tell if it was a real cover or a parody. IOW, the press is becoming a caricature of iteself

bullseye on June 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Armando on June 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM

You know, the media is so bad that the contest would involve kissing obama’s arse from the inside!!

bullseye on June 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Am I alone in feeling like we are seeing the Left Behind series come to life?

truetexan on June 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM