Palin: Obama’s fiscal policies are designed to “control the people”

posted at 7:31 pm on June 4, 2009 by Allahpundit

Audio here. It’s only 15 minutes long and kicks off with a salute to the Gipper (she was introducing his son Michael), but stick with the middle third if you’re only interested in the economic stuff. A bit rambly, but Palinistas would say that’s all part of the charm.

“We need to be aware of the creation of a fearful population, and fearful lawmakers, being led to believe that big government is the answer, to bail out the private sector, because then government gets to get in there and control it,” she said. “And mark my words, this is going to be next, I fear, bail out next debt-ridden states. Then government gets to get in there and control the people.”

“Some in Washington would approach our economic woes in ways that absolutely defy Economics 101, and they fly in the face of principles, providing opportunity for industrious Americans to succeed or to fail on their own accord,” she said. “Those principles it makes you wonder what the heck some in Washington are trying to accomplish here.”

The sacred name of The One is never uttered, but given his burning desire to control the people by nationalizing their medical care, it’s clear enough whom she has in mind when she refers to “some in Washington.” Or is it?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Nice way to end the day. After having to endure endless soundbites of Obama’s vapid Middle East speech, it was great to hear someone speak about the greatness of this country and how we need to fight those in Washington who want to surrender our liberties. Governor Palin is a true patriot who loves her country and fears for it’s future. Obama is a narcissist who craves attention and only fears his slipping poll numbers.

Redneck Woman on June 4, 2009 at 10:41 PM

The conservative women have all the cajones in the party. Wouldn’t it be great if the men(so called leaders) in our party would show as much spine? Newt shows a little, then second guesses himself and shows party weakness. Thanks Newt!

silvernana on June 4, 2009 at 10:42 PM

shomegirl on June 4, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Never, ever in your life are you going to hear Mitt say,

“Politically speaking, if I die, I die.”

That’s Palin talking. That’s a leader with principles.

(Remember how Mitt sheepishly and partially held up his hand during the debates and Fred was the one who said, nope, not gonna hold up my hand!)

INC on June 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Todd Palin… luckiest man on the planet?

BPD on June 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Quite possibly, the luckiest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!

SuperCool on June 4, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I’m madly in love with two women who have balls – and no, they’re not ladyboys. They’re Sarah Palin and Liz Cheney.

Daggett on June 4, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Don’t forget Michele Bachmann. She’s taking the fight to ACORN. The GOP, where the women folk do the fighting and the men hide behinde their skirts.

bw222 on June 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Todd Palin… luckiest man on the planet?

BPD on June 4, 2009 at 8:05 PM
Quite possibly, the luckiest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!

SuperCool on June 4, 2009 at 10:50 PM

How’s you like to have Sarah Palin go rogue on you? Excuse me while I take a very cold shower.

bw222 on June 4, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I am going to be disappointed big time if she doesn’t run in 2012. I would love to go to one of her speeches.

cjs1943 on June 4, 2009 at 10:55 PM

She hit a number of issues here, and I liked what I heard (as usual). Do need to note, though, she’s going to have to get better in her delivery for more “serious” addresses. She’s done well at times, but her good material often seems to get lost in run-on sentences and forests of slang/colloqualisms.

If she runs hard (and it looks like she is) good speechwriters and communication advisors will be essential.

She connects with the people in a “rally” format, but needs to show in the next couple of years that she can speak concisely and directly in a serious, formal atmosphere.

(Maybe she’s done this and I haven’t seen it, but that’s what I’m seeing now).

cs89 on June 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Did not Satan tempt Jesus with control of the world? It seems Satan is obsessed with Totalitarian control over our lives in order to further evil and controlling money is central to that end. Maybe someone has finally succumb to that temptation?

Blue Collar Todd on June 4, 2009 at 11:02 PM

cs89 on June 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM

I agree she needs polishing. But she makes her point now, though imperfectly; contrast with Obama and his long-winded “soaring rhetoric” larded with strawmen and contradictory positions. People are taking notice.

ddrintn on June 4, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Sarracuda audio of the speech here

ginaswo on June 4, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Thank You …..much appreciated and enjoyed.

heshtesh on June 4, 2009 at 11:06 PM

You mean Obama’s lies????

I still like Sarah..

reshas1 on June 4, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Sarah Palin: More balls than half the GOP.

bluelightbrigade on June 4, 2009 at 7:44 PM

You don’t give Sarah enough credit. She has more balls than all of the GOP x 10.

The House GOP: No balls, can’t even propose real budget cuts
The Senate GOP: No balls, can’t even filibuster Sotomayor
Jindal: No balls, has to start every speech prasing Obama
Sanford: No balls, thinks everyone who critisizes Obama are “idiots”.

And so on and so forth…

Norwegian on June 4, 2009 at 11:13 PM

What a great honest and real speech. I hope there is a YouTube of it too.

I’m with Sarah we’ve got to fight what is happening to our country. In 2010 we have got to elect members of congress who will support her policies if by some miracle she runs and then wins in 2012 otherwise it will be 4 yrs of the same treatment Bush got with Dems blocking everything.

Anyone who loves this country cannot sit home waiting for others to fight this fight. If Obama had a big army of foot soldiers then we’ll have to have one too…that means eveyone does something to get conservatives elected!

CCRWM on June 4, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Lock
and
freakin
load.

Spiritk9 on June 4, 2009 at 11:17 PM

(Maybe she’s done this and I haven’t seen it, but that’s what I’m seeing now).

cs89 on June 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM

This may be more of what you’re looking for; answering detailed policy questions directly from constituents via a local radio talk show.

Part 1
missing very beginning
Part 2
Part 3

unwashed minion on June 4, 2009 at 11:55 PM

As usual the most precious parts are the comments on CNN. CNN and all who watch it are absolutely pathetic. I’m currently living at a motel 6 waiting to execute orders, and the only news channel on the freakin cable is CNN. Needles to say I do not watch it. It is absolutely baffling how sheeplike obama followers are. I hate them. I really honestly am beginning hate these people.

gator70 on June 4, 2009 at 11:57 PM

“Politically speaking, if I die, I die.”

That’s Palin talking. That’s a leader with principles.

Amen to that, and what a breath of fresh air she is. Geez, I freaking adore her. I agree with those who say she needs polishing in order to compete nationally, but that’s the easy part. She is solid on the important stuff. She knows what she believes and she doesn’t waver from it. She has the courage of her convictions and that matters more to her than whether she gets to be president and make Forbes’ list of most powerful celebrities. She’s a true stateswoman, and that’s what makes a great leader. I will not rest until she’s in the White House, however long it takes.

Had to chuckle at the comments on the CNN site on this story. When I read the the story this morning at C4P and I saw the quote about Economics 101, I thought, “Oh boy, they’ll be ridiculing her for that, taking the opportunity to call her too stupid to have passed Econ 101.” Sure enough, there they all are doing exactly that on CNN.com. Liberals are so boringly predictable. You could set your watch by them. And it would seem THEY are the ones who flunked economics. Or perhaps more accurately, they apparently flunked Common Sense 101 because only a total moron could think that the best way to get the country out of the hole is to borrow more money. I always wondered who the credit card companies were pandering to when they offered those ridiculous high-interest cash advances. Now I guess I know. These clowns must all borrow from one account to pay down the balance on another. Only people of that mentality could possibly think with the Clown-in-Chief is doing is a good idea.

Palin 2012: You Betcha!

NoLeftTurn on June 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM

She is absolutely right all this is about controlling every aspect of our lives. Are those poll numbers for real. Why don’t people understand that they are not in charge of their own lives any more? I don’t get the total disconnect between the control Obama is asserting and the people. Wake up people! Can we ever get our freedom back after this?

petunia on June 5, 2009 at 12:03 AM

gator70 on June 4, 2009 at 11:57 PM

I’ve reached the point where I don’t even read the comments at a site like CNN or the NYT. They’re so utterly predictable and just bleat out the same talking points over and over.

ddrintn on June 5, 2009 at 12:07 AM

I adore Sarah. She really gets it. A natural born leader. And she is runway gorgeous too.

Geochelone on June 5, 2009 at 12:19 AM

^ They all seem to be in the vein of “If the Rethuglicans think they can run Caribou Barbie who went to 8 different colleges and stole $500,000 to buy a wardrobe, and beat the most brilliant and positive president EVER in the history of this country, who is trying to clean up the mess left by Bush and his RethugliKKKan cronies, the Rethugs will be extinct!!!!!1111!!!!!”

ddrintn on June 5, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Mark Levin on his show today came out and said he liked Sarah Palin a lot.

technopeasant on June 5, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Mark Levin on his show today came out and said he liked Sarah Palin a lot.

technopeasant on June 5, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Todd better watch over his shoulder. :)

platypus on June 5, 2009 at 1:35 AM

I notice the word is out on the MSM to ramp up the attacks on Sarah. Expect that this weekend will be full of Sarah news and criticism.

technopeasant on June 5, 2009 at 1:45 AM

Todd better watch over his shoulder. :)

platypus on June 5, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Me?

Blue Collar Todd on June 5, 2009 at 2:21 AM

GREAT speech Sarah!! The US NEEDS Governor Palin

ousoonerfan15 on June 5, 2009 at 2:39 AM

You see the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama. Obama’s speeches are all about moral equivalence. Palin’s speeches are about the moral differences.

Very refreshing.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on June 5, 2009 at 2:52 AM

Sounds like poor sarah is jealous of all the ink lizzie cheney has been getting.

Meow!

benny shakar on June 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM

benny shakar on June 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM

I doubt it, I think palin hardly watches any cable news much since she’s traveling most of the time in ak.

She has been giving these kind of speeches before Liz Cheney even hit the network news channels…

There’s no doubt that she writes decent speeches but she should stick to the script. Maybe a teleprompter might do her some good :)

At this point I don’t really know what she wants. I wonder if she will run for reelection.

Anyways who cares, by 2012 our nation might be all already screwed

TimeTraveler on June 5, 2009 at 3:38 AM

I will not rest until she’s in the White House, however long it takes.

NoLeftTurn on June 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I agree with you sir. I will also not rest until she is our President, and we’ve given her a Congress and Supreme Court worthy of her.

Jimmy Doolittle on June 5, 2009 at 4:05 AM

This message in this 20 minute talk needs to be fleshed out, elaborated into about 40-45 minutes, and polished up just a little without losing that personal touch that only Sarah seems to have, and given to the country in a way that we can see her.
America needs to hear this message, and she can deliver it like no one else.
She is even more effective when you can watch her and listen.

This lady is dynamite, and I think Obama has lit the fuse!

Brian1972 on June 5, 2009 at 5:32 AM

2012 can’t get here fast enough.

jimmy2shoes on June 5, 2009 at 7:12 AM

It must be easier to be a dweeb like Benny… No thinking involved. Just puke up DNC and MSM talking points! Nice!

I love this woman. Her and Michelle Bachman from my home state here in MN would make a formidable duo in the next election! And they are both very cool to look at also…

sabbott on June 5, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Meow!

benny shakar on June 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM

Cripes was that lame.

I was hoping you could do better.

CDeb on June 5, 2009 at 7:41 AM

What she said comes though loud and clear! It’s not only Zero but all of congress who are standing by like cowards as the administration destroys our country with a socialist remake. Republicans who are afraid to speak out and take a stand compare miserably with the courageous stand of our Founders who risked life, family and finances to create our great country. Everyone in DC is guilty and we need a clean sweep of all incumbents because we have elected a government of cowards. GO SARAH!

Herb on June 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Never, ever in your life are you going to hear Mitt say,

“Politically speaking, if I die, I die.”

That’s Palin talking. That’s a leader with principles.

Actually Mitt was pronounced dead by police and his “corpse” tagged as such after a car crash in France. So you see, he’s hard to kill.

hanzblinx on June 5, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Meow!

benny shakar on June 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM

Jealous? More likely she’s cheering Liz on. Gracious women who love their country are not the jealous type.

thevastlane on June 5, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I was hoping you could do better.

CDeb

Don’t count on it, CDeb. Witless eunuchs like Benny strain to get it up but sadly, remain limp and lifeless.

SKYFOX on June 5, 2009 at 10:36 AM

NoLeftTurn on June 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM

So, it turns out that what they teach in econ 101 (which would typically be the first upper division econ course) is generally the same incorrect Keynesian borrow and spend economics that the left worships.
I guess it would be more correct to say that we wish that people were learning not to do what P.BO is doing in econ 101. Maybe there is a university somewhere that teaches it correctly.

Count to 10 on June 5, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Are you listening, Mr. Governator?

She’s definitely got a point here, but if the truth be told, Republican lessons on the folly of Obamanomics are better articulated by Mitt Romney. He’s looking more and more like our best hope for 2012.

Steve Z on June 5, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Palin 2012: You Betcha!

NoLeftTurn on June 5, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Can we get a bumper sticker?

Count to 10 on June 5, 2009 at 11:04 AM

It is so ironic that they are taking our money or borrowing money we have to pay back, and the act of giving our money back gives them control over our lives. I hope that each state recognizes and pushes back on the Federal Government, or we will regret it.

SGinNC on June 5, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Rasmussen daily tracking poll:

net approval index (strongly approve-strongly disapprove)
34-34=0 (lowest it has ever been)

overall approval: 54-46=8

NB:the 46% represents the total that the McCain-Palin campaign garnered on Nov. 4/2008 exactly 7 months ago.

technopeasant on June 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Atta girl, Sarah!
She’s still the leader in the clubhouse, as far as I am concerned.

james23 on June 5, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I think Mitt would mop the floor with Sarah in a debate, not sure people would care, though.

How could you be against federal bailouts when your state budget is made up entirely of federal money and your citizens don’t pay state income tax?

Greef on June 5, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Greef on June 5, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Ever hear of sales taxes? Property taxes? Petroleum revenues?

There is federal money going to Alaska (which Palin has been scaling down, BTW) but your “state budget is made up entirely of federal money” statement is easily discounted.

cs89 on June 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM

…she will need to become wiser and better read …I would recommend that she take a little more time to become older and wiser. Not my words but your goddess Ann Coulter!

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

“Politically speaking, if I die, I die.”

Hang tough Sarah. Because we’re going to need your voice in 2010, and your veracity in 2012 to replace this fraud-in-chief that’s never proved he’s a legal U.S. citizen.

“WHERE’S THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE”

byteshredder on June 5, 2009 at 1:30 PM

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM

The same Ann Coulter that wrote this?

cs89 on June 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Yes, the same AC. I didn’t say she doesn’t like her just that she’s presently too stupid for higher office. You betcha!

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM

“Presently too stupid for higher office?” Where’d you get that quote from?

Yes, Coulter recommended in a Human Events article that Palin wait, read more, etc. She also said (in the same article) that “maybe 2012 is her year,” and talked about Obama’s inexperience then added “but we’re not Democrats.”

Coulter probably does think she should wait, which is a valid opinion. Don’t think she’s ever referred to Palin as “stupid” though. Got a link showing otherwise?

cs89 on June 5, 2009 at 2:02 PM

hmmmm, let me see, needs to read more…needs to become wiser…yup sounds like she’s not ready. Next!

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Sarah Palin can afford to wait to run for POTUS but the better question to ask can the American wait for Sarah to run if Obama gets re-elected in 2012 and manages to get the 22nd Amendment repealed (limit of 2 terms)?

technopeasant on June 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM

cs89 on June 5, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I suppose if I said you’re not well read you would feel smart.

Look, I’m not saying SP is not likable (at least to a certain demographic) but she’s not the savior of the republican party. I like Forrest Gump too but not for higher office.

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 2:22 PM

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Look, buddy, you’re welcome to your opinion (as am I). When you try to align your opinion with someone else’s to give it more credibility (like, say, Ann Coulter- not my fave, BTW, but whatever) it would be nice if they said what you say they said. Yes, Coulter said she “recommends” that Palin wait, and read some more. To spin that into “Coulter said Palin is too stupid for higher office” is simply dishonest.

cs89 on June 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM

semantics

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 2:45 PM

So, who would be a better Republican president? Sarah Palin or Colin Powell?

cs89 on June 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM

The fact that you ask this question makes me weep for the future.

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Don’t want to answer it, huh?

cs89 on June 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM

robertnyc212

Here we go again with this. You do not know what you are talking about.
Sarah Palin is waaay more ready than the likes of you will ever be.

She’s going to be just fine, you will have to admit that soon enough.

Brian1972 on June 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Never, ever in your life are you going to hear Mitt say,

“Politically speaking, if I die, I die.”

That’s Palin talking. That’s a leader with principles.

INC on June 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Sarah Palin is reminding me more and more of Deborah in the Book of Judges…

When God couldn’t find a man to straighten out Israel (all the other Judges were men) he found a woman.

There was never another need for that again.

This woman has more Cojones in her little finger than every other GOP candidate for president.

As well as good sections of the senate.

Chaz706 on June 5, 2009 at 5:19 PM

robertnyc212 on June 5, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Wrong. It’s not about becoming wiser or reading more. It’s about becoming oilier in an attempt to satisfy the more superficial among us, like you.

ddrintn on June 5, 2009 at 5:38 PM