Bonnie Erbe: That Playboy “hate f***” piece was wrong but Malkin sort of deserved it

posted at 5:05 pm on June 3, 2009 by Allahpundit

Consider this progress. Playboy thought all conservative women were fair game for quasi-rape fantasies. Erbe thinks it’s only the ones who are “venomous.” Baby steps.

Yesterday, I was contacted by the executive director of SmartGirlPolitics.org, a conservative women’s website, to stand up for conservative women treated despicably by the media. Here I am, doing just that…

I also want to note that at least one woman on the list is so venom-spewing, she unfortunately invites venom to be shot back at her: Michelle Malkin. Her posts and her “routine” are so venomous and predictable, in fact, I stopped paying attention to her years ago.

Others on the list, however, are not venom-spewing at all. One woman mentioned on the atlasshrugs2000 blog is a regular guest on my PBS show. Amanda Carpenter, on the show at least, eschews personal judgment of people with whom she disagrees politically. So her inclusion on the Playboy list is much more offensive to me than is the inclusion of Ms. Malkin, although their political views may not differ greatly.

A commenter on her post sums it up this way:

As a nonpartisan, pro-abortion, liberal Democrat, I was perfectly happy with the leftwing misogynist haters at Playboy talking about how they would rape Michelle Malkin…

Oh, now. She didn’t say she was happy, just … indifferent. I don’t get why MM was the only one singled out, though. Wasn’t Laura Ingraham, who’s as fearless as anyone in confronting the left, also on the Playboy list? Surely her years of “venomous” radio work qualify her for a sexual-assault fantasy or two in print. Presumably Erbe’s simply more familiar with MM due to her online presence and happy to toe the lefty line that she’s the devil incarnate, notwithstanding her own admission that she doesn’t follow Michelle’s work. I do follow it, of course, as do you, so let’s all be sure to call the boss out the next time she does something as venomous as shrugging off a rape hit list because she doesn’t care for the tone of one of the women on it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Erbe thinks it’s only the ones who are “venomous.” Baby steps. TRIPE

FIFY

Branch Rickey on June 3, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Oh, so if she’s on *my* PBS show regularly, she shouldn’t be subjected to a man’s evil rape fantasies. But if *I* hate her … hey, go for it.

Yep, that’s feminism in a nutshell — liberal insanity x infinity.

eucher on June 3, 2009 at 5:57 PM

gwelf on June 3, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Oh she would have had

an aneurysm
a coronary
a cow
all of the above.

“HOW DARE RUSH LIMBAUGH DENIGRATE WOMEN LIKE THIS!!”

“MISOGYNIST!”

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 5:57 PM

As a nonpartisan, pro-abortion, liberal Democrat,

Hey dumb b!tch – I do not think “non-partisan” means what you think it does.

Branch Rickey on June 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Laura Ingraham is white. MM is not. White liberals consider all non-white conservatives slaves who have escaped the liberal plantation. If they return voluntarily – as Colin Powell did – all will be forgiven. But if they do not – like Justice Thomas and MM – they must be hunted down and verbally lynched from the highest tree.

RMR on June 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Really? Really? You ignorant little witch Bonnie really? You just said that a woman should be raped because she exercised her freedom of speech?? Welcome to the taliban Ms.Erbe. Whats next a woman deserves to be raped because she wore a skirt? How about she wore an anti-Obama t-shirt? Ms.Erbe you make me ashamed to be a woman. You should just dig back under the rock you came from and never show your face again. Should I say here that you Ms.Erbe invite the same venom(rape threat suggestions) spewed at you when you say things like you just said about MM? Nope Im not like you Thank God. You are a pathetic human Ms.Erbe.

canditaylor68 on June 3, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Pretty sure she once said she was a college student. Grad student, I think, majoring in math? She seems to only post at about 8AM and 11PM.

Is that what they call turning tricks on East Colfax now?

I know, this is more than you wanted to know…. but she also once said she is taller and thinner than Sarah Palin. IOW, she’s a bean pole with no meat on her bones at all.

Alternatively, she is taller and thinner after a keg of Killian’s Irish Red.

My mental image of strangelet is not a good one. An unwashed, babbling fool.

UltimateBob on June 3, 2009 at 5:36 PM

And for $5 she’ll give you the Hoover special.

jdkchem on June 3, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Michelle Malkin is both a woman and a minority. Therefore the feminazis feel that destroying her is the only way they can vindicate themselves for all the sucking up (literally and figuratively) to white male Democrats they have done.

They’d be pitiable if they didn’t bring it upon themselves.

BKennedy on June 3, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Nina Burleigh could not be reached for comment.

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Perhaps Michelle should consider spending less time spewing venom and more taking kooky chin-on-fist head shots with an outdated Palmolive hairdon’t.

The Ugly American on June 3, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Why is it we continue to be shocked at the abject stupidity and sheer, mind-boggling dopiness of the Left?

Perhaps its the realization that they are running our country….into the ground?

How long will it be before we have our own “Tiennamen Square”?

Sweet_Thang on June 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I apologize if I offended anyone else by my rant against Erbe. Her behavior nauseates me, as it should any woman/person. Not to mention those ones who have been hauled into court and cross examined as if they deserved to be raped because of their behaviors. This is your typical liberal spewage and it makes me sick to my stomach.

canditaylor68 on June 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM

(ahem)

Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another. – H.L.Mencken

warbaby on June 3, 2009 at 6:07 PM

I read the original post earlier and made comment at the site. 99.5 to 1 ripped Erbe for her idiot screed. She’s disgusting with her drivel and even the handful if liberals who posted comment know it. I imagine many more ‘honest’ liberals know it, too, but didn’t have the brass to post. That wouldn’t work at cocktail parties among the ‘academe’, would it?

Liam on June 3, 2009 at 6:09 PM

canditaylor68 on June 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Apologize for what? She deserves whatever ill comes her way.

jdkchem on June 3, 2009 at 6:09 PM

We don’t import headline comments anymore?

I’m sure she’d love it if someone applied that logic to murdered abortion providers.

TexasDan on June 3, 2009 at 1:10 PM

TexasDan on June 3, 2009 at 6:09 PM

So no-nonsense assertive female conservative commentators are “venomous?” So when will the REAL snakes, Behar, O’Donnell, Walters, Garofalo, Maddow, Couric, et al, get their Playboy feature?

Dee2008 on June 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I dunno Dee, I guess whenever someone wants to have sex with them. Like… NEVER! lol

kg598301 on June 3, 2009 at 6:12 PM

The only woman on the Right who I think could ever be labeled as venomous is Ann Coulter. Michelle reports the facts and calls them as she sees them. I guess that may be a pretty radical notion for the likes of an idiot like Erbe.

WisCon on June 3, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Have an opinion that the lefties don’t like and then you deserve to get raped? How about honor killings next. Welcome to the America that the left would like to see. The howling mob.

Kuffar on June 3, 2009 at 6:13 PM

So, according to Erbe, rape is bad unless the woman is asking for it?

The nazis were bad, does she think all those woman and girls deserved to be raped?

Blake on June 3, 2009 at 6:15 PM

canditaylor68 on June 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Your reaction, of course, is the reaction of any intelligent, reasonable, unbiased, real non-partisan, non-hatefull person. Erbe, on the other hand…….

Johan Klaus on June 3, 2009 at 6:16 PM

It seems that the real point here is, some women deserved to be raped according to these liberals.

So, just to be sure I have the scoreboard correct, let’s do a quick recap;

– Conservative commentators will hopefully have renal failure and die (Rush Limbaugh, Wanda Sykes).
– Military recruiters can be killed without any malice towards the killer’s viewpoint, religion or influences. But, abortion doctors being killed = conservative ‘Christianist’ commentators are to blame and deserve prosecution for murder (Long, Tiller).
– Conservative women deserve to be raped because they are venom-spewing…which I assume means they are venom-spewing about liberals. Meanwhile, venom-spewing liberal women are protected and rape fantasies would be misogynistic (M.Malkin, J.Garafalo).

Is that about right?

Geministorm on June 3, 2009 at 6:16 PM

One odd thing is that by using the phrase ‘deserves/asks for it’ she freely admits that she equates it to rape, instead of the milder ‘consensual sex between people who hate each other’ that her rather lonely defenders in the comments are trying to pass off.

I agree that there can be consensual ‘hate sex’ if for some reason both people are into it at the moment. But the way Bonnie Erbe specifically describes it, it’s rape.

(Yes, you knew that…but there’s the confirmation.)

James on June 3, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I don’t get why MM was the only one singled out, though.

Articulate, attractive conservative women are effective, and therefore deeply hated. They challenge the whole “progressive identity politics” edifice, which is going to come crashing down sooner or later.

ddrintn on June 3, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Rightwingsparkle on June 3, 2009 at 5:43 PM

OMG, who is the woman in the green dress at 5 minutes? HAWT!

If she doesn’t watch out she’ll be added to the left’s hateF**K list.

UltimateBob on June 3, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Just answering your question without commenting on the rest the answer is: her name is Noelle Hancock

TASS71 on June 3, 2009 at 6:17 PM

I would demand immediate shunning and marginalization of any idiot calling for a fantasy-rape of 10 liberal women–or another other human beings. What’s wrong with these people and their apoligists?

There simply is no room for this kind of thing in decent society.

I’m still hoping that the crew on Morning Joe, which has daily segment with a clown from Politico (the “Politico Playbook”), asks Peggy Noonan during her weekly appearance (each Friday) how she liked her review?

On a more uplifting note, MM is the Boss, and I think she’s among the greatest.

BuckeyeSam on June 3, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Why are we even surprised by this? Again and again the liberal left shows how hatful, bigoted, racist and basically vile they are. This is just normal expression for them and I would expect nothing less. For me it just helps to validate in my mind that liberalism is some sort of mental illness or retardation that manifests as physical adults with an emotional and intellectual level of a 10 year old. It also explains why they have this world view of being taken care of and always told how perfect they are.

jmarcure on June 3, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Bonnie Erbe’s column on the Hate F**k article in playboy seems to suggest that Michelle Malkin was not on the list but deserved to be raped. I know she qualified her remarks by saying I support all members of my gender when attacked. This is a dodge. Erbe’s vision of America is one where civil discussion ends when the liberal disagrees with the conservative. The conservative should then be subjected to punishments akin to what the Taliban would impose.

Erbe’s article gives a little wink to the people who wrote this trash by not outright condemning this type of thinking. Welcome to the America the Left would like to see. Gang rapes for those who don’t toe the line. Stoning for those who dissent

Erbe should issue an apology to the readers and to Ms. Malkin.

Not that I have any illusions that this will happen.

Kuffar on June 3, 2009 at 6:34 PM

How come nobody wants to rape poor Ann Coulter? She’s not on the list?

max1 on June 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Maybe since she dated Bill Maher they assumed she’d already been hate-f***ed.

kg598301 on June 3, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Michelle is under attack because she is so effective in detailing facts that expose the leftwingers/Progressives. She should wear this as a badge of honor. She gets under their skin and they can’t stand it. Truth is on her side.

And she can stand up to any such bogus attack. That’s why we love her.

RandyChandler on June 3, 2009 at 6:39 PM

No, she said that “venom” should be expected to be spewed back at her, not violence.

That said, it was still stupid for Erbe to say that. Just because Malkin invites such comments with her lowering of the discourse doesnt mean we should excuse the people who fall for her trap.

canditaylor68 on June 3, 2009 at 5:59 PM

I’m glad that you have enough sense not to fight venom with venom. Err… kinda.

But unfortunately HotAir, which still has a “Liberal Woman Hate-F**k” article up in the Green Room, doesnt have that sense. Does that make HotAir pathetic?

orange on June 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM

MM is a class act, both her world views & her moral bearings. Thank goodness she is tough as nails too, and thick skinned as hell. This erbe p.o.s. is a speck on the distant horizon of MM’s rear view mirror. Remember, class:

liberalism = jealousy / it is just that simple

Ris4victory on June 3, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Maybe I should make rape jokes about liberal women.

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 5:49 PM

that would be sexist, and illegal

Donut on June 3, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Hmmm, as an slight skew; can I make a list of liberal women I’d like to hate-frak and escape harm/derision/lambasting/murder?

I’m not saying I’d like to hate-frak anyone (my wife is all I can handle), I’m just asking if I can make a list. Somehow, I think that the left would immediately bring the word “hate” to the forefront and perhaps try to bring charges against me for hate speech. Weird how the title of the Playboy piece can even have the word hate in it and yet no one on the left associates it with hate-anything….and yet again the hypocrisy escapes them.

Geministorm on June 3, 2009 at 6:50 PM

canditaylor68 on June 3, 2009 at 5:59 PM

How does MM invites any such comments? Specifics

CWforFreedom on June 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Makes me glad I added U.S. News to my trifecta of cancellations in recent years; the other two being Newsweek and the LA Times.

Lou Budvis on June 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM

The Left will tolerate any evil as long as the “right” people are getting hurt.

Just like Nazi’s, Klansmen, and the Taliban…they are not progressive as they are not moving forward, learning from errors and sins of the past. They are “regressives”, and should be labeled such at every opportunity.

Harry Schell on June 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM

This whole thing is shocking, now to have other women selectively defend it yet, obscene.

I agree with everything rightwingsparkle said in her vlog, also this guy is a cretin so I am apologizing to all these lovely women, you know someone should be doing it!

Heck Malkin wrote a whole book about this derangement, this bozo inadvertently cited an expert on the top of his list – idiot.

saus on June 3, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Maybe “venom” is Erbe’s pseudonym for “common sense” and “logic” – concepts too difficult for her to comprehend.

Vera71 on June 3, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Obviously this mean Erbe is a RACIST!!!

PappaMac on June 3, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Geministorm on June 3, 2009 at 6:16 PM

There you go again, trying to mix liberals and reason/logic. Silly rabbit…

oldleprechaun on June 3, 2009 at 7:24 PM

orange on June 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Considering that article is likely meant to do nothing but parody the original and showcase how stupid such a topic may be, and even then still doesn’t really put up a list…

no, I don’t think it’s all that pathetic unless the author had the same intent as the Playboy author.

Trov on June 3, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Man the left is really CS (and really jealous).

What do they have to fear, they have Helen Thomas.

Talk about hate, f**k.

Speakup on June 3, 2009 at 7:38 PM

orange on June 3, 2009 at 6:44

no, troll, this site is not pathetic and you’re lying–again, out of habit. Ridiculing the original is a form of criticism, but you’re too stupid and dishonest to acknowledge that.

Janos Hunyadi on June 3, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Michelle’s husband really must be one hell of a patient man, I can’t even imagine having to put up with this crap. I’m sure he expects it, but this is really out there. I don’t know her personally but since I have been reading her for years I take this personally. Like an attack on a family member. The problem with the internet is libtards can say this stuff behind the safety of their computer screen without worry of getting punched in the mouth.

gator70 on June 3, 2009 at 7:55 PM

(sighs) Did you expect anything less from the leftys who don’t read this or anything else MM has done (trip to Iraq). Illegitimi non Carborundum Est (don’t let the bastards get you down), my favorite saying.

tormod on June 3, 2009 at 7:55 PM

If they get to rape Malkin

Can I punch Jane Fonda?

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 5:28 PM
You can have Fonda. I’ll take Garofalo.

UltimateBob on June 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM

OH so i suppose you think it’s O’k to stick me with Bahar, thanks a bunch.

heshtesh on June 3, 2009 at 8:03 PM

My local newspaper carries Bonnie Erbe’s columns. I’ve emailed the editor asking him to cancel her. No one who suggests that any woman “asks” for rape deserves to be paid for her writing.

MochaLite on June 3, 2009 at 8:09 PM

It’s so reassuring to live in this post-partisan age where any woman can state a position and have a serious but respectful argument follow — instead of having detractors immediately sucker-punch with crude sex act allusions like they used to before feminists improved things. Hate-rape musings only happened to people like Susan B. Anthony, right?

Mark30339 on June 3, 2009 at 8:23 PM

If they get to rape Malkin

Can I punch Jane Fonda?

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 5:28 PM
You can have Fonda. I’ll take Garofalo.

UltimateBob on June 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM

OH so i suppose you think it’s O’k to stick me with Bahar, thanks a bunch.

heshtesh on June 3, 2009 at 8:03 PM

All of you, stop it. You’re all better than this.

ladyingray on June 3, 2009 at 8:35 PM

Disgusting, just disgusting, these liberal feministas.

Dhuka on June 3, 2009 at 8:41 PM

Branch Rickey on June 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM

LMAO!

MochaLite on June 3, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Good on ‘Ya! Everyone should do the same thing.

This is just mind boggling, that they get away with this and turn around and call conservatives hateful and get away with that too. The world is upside down.

pannw on June 3, 2009 at 8:42 PM

orange on June 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Awwwww, how cute. More standard lefty tu quoque. *Yawn*

ddrintn on June 3, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Does anyone other than me see Erbe as a female version of Olbermoron? I really don’t pay much attention to either of them as they are similar examples of over-the-top nutroots clowns. Busting their chops is waay too easy; they can always be counted on for a cheap laugh.

mad scientist on June 3, 2009 at 9:02 PM

After all this time and effort by women to be treated as equals and these “feminists” are now the ones using the “she asked for it” excuse.

The Opinionator on June 3, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Is the person who wrote this is either living in a fantasy world or a liar. Do they really expect anyone to believe that such a thing exists?

jdkchem on June 3, 2009 at 5:54 PM

The subject described themselevs as non-partisan but then said they were a Democrat. Non-partisan means you don’t subscribe to any party. Identifying oneself as a member of a political party would contradict the claim to being non-partisan.

In short, the subject is dumber than dog excrement.

Does explain it’s sentiments though. Stupid people can justify anything.

SuperCool on June 3, 2009 at 9:21 PM

canditaylor68 on June 3, 2009 at 5:59 PM
How does MM invites any such comments? Specifics

CWforFreedom on June 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Sorry CWforFreedom dont know how my name got mixed up in your quote. I am vehemently opposed to any suggestion that MM or any person invites rape suggestions with any sort of speech or actions. I think if you scroll you will see that its

orange on June 3, 2009 at 6:44 PM

that needs to reply to your question.

canditaylor68 on June 3, 2009 at 9:27 PM

The elephant in the room that everyone is ignoring is that the article says “hate-****” when they are too cowardly to say what they really mean which is “execute or imprison until death”. Libtards threw parties when Reagan passed; they produced books and movies fantasizing about the asassination of Bush; there’s a lot of self-renewing hate out there (sounds more like a pathology than a political party).
Look at what has happened in other societies that have gone down the tolitarian/marxist/communist by any other name path (Russia, Cuba, Venezuela) and you will see that ostracization/ridicule/imprisonment for political reasons has happened repeatedly (and is still happening).
We as a society need to ensure that ALL opinions are heard and free speech is not the equivalent to painting a target on ones-self.
I’m not surprised that feminists have abandoned all of their principles in an effort to retain power; they see the political reality and are adjusting to it. A moral compass is a liability to a Liberal, kind of like garlic to a vampire.

mad scientist on June 3, 2009 at 9:30 PM

The Opinionator on June 3, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Well, if you’ll remember, it came in handy when Clinton was in office too. The Left has no principles.

The Left will tolerate any evil as long as the “right” people are getting hurt.

Harry Schell on June 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Exactly right.

ddrintn on June 3, 2009 at 9:31 PM

If they get to rape Malkin

Can I punch Jane Fonda?

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 5:28 PM
You can have Fonda. I’ll take Garofalo.

UltimateBob on June 3, 2009 at 5:31 PM

OH so i suppose you think it’s O’k to stick me with Bahar, thanks a bunch.

heshtesh on June 3, 2009 at 8:03 PM

All of you, stop it. You’re all better than this.

ladyingray on June 3, 2009 at 8:35 PM

You’re right, you’re right, we are all better than this but can’t I at least get Ashley Judd in a headlock? Just once?

CarolynM on June 3, 2009 at 9:36 PM

MM doesn’t have the megaphone Laura has.

TheBigOldDog on June 3, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Laura can pound them 2-4 hours a day coast-to-coast, 5 days a week. She can flood them with email and calls. She can get people to drop their subscriptions. She can get shopkeepers to stop stocking it. In short, Laura has a big megaphone and a big megaphone = power.

TheBigOldDog on June 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Just read Erbe’s background story. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Del Dolemonte on June 3, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I can’t be bothered to look it up, but isn’t she one of the PBS leeches?

ddrintn on June 3, 2009 at 10:26 PM

So, I see…because Miss Malkin doesn’t speak in the same liberal accepted language as expected, (you DO realize you’re a minority woman, don’t you?!? Will you start acting like the frail weak chick they expect for the love of god???) she’s deserving of being violently raped.

Uh, yeah.

That makes perfect sense.

Morons.

keyboarddude on June 3, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Harry Schell on June 3, 2009 at 6:58 PM

+1000

Harry, I’ve been saying this for years, but mainly in reference to the taxation policies of the left. They want to take us back to a time when kings and tyrants ruled, the government had limitless powers and the people had very limited rights.

We need to make this point at every opportunity. The left are Regressives.

UltimateBob on June 4, 2009 at 12:25 AM

But….. she’s conservative! Do we really need to prove anything else?!

/s

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on June 4, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Michelle is a brave, beautiful lady. She is unique in her forthrightness, conviction, and refusal to be intimidated. Only scum would entertain such perverse and revolting thoughts about her. Only monsters would publish such thoughts as “entertainment.” And, make no mistake, this was not even intended to be entertainment: it was an incitement. The thought begets the deed. American soldiers have been portrayed as detestable for years. Eventually, someone takes action, but it’s a non-event because, after all, they deserved it. That is what Playboy’s permission to hate set Michelle up for, no more and no less.

Never forget: we are fighting scum, we are battling monsters. Don’t let them distract or intimidate you with allegations of racism or with personal attacks. Michelle doesn’t. That’s why they fear her so.

Venusian Visitor on June 4, 2009 at 5:22 AM

As a nonpartisan, pro-abortion, liberal Democrat

That is about as funny a statement I’ve heard in a long time but it is definitively illustrative of the the delusional postmodern mind.

How come no one has investigated this playboy writer? The left would have been all over this guy by now? I read the piece, there was nothing funny about it, there wasn’t even any indication he was trying to be funny. Why can’t the nonliberal groups in this country investigate this guy and his motivations and reveal them publicly? That, in my opinion, is fair. My bet is that this guy is a very active member of his grenwich village neighborhood social scene. What not reveal the true hatred and dysfunction that lies under the surface of that neurosis.

peacenprosperity on June 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Democratic Party & Many Liberals/Progressives:

Unless you toe their party line and drink the Kool Aid, then intolerance is their modus operandi.

Funny how the MSM, that bastion of self-appointed public watchdogs, turns a blind eye when it’s convenient, as in this totally outrageous instance. But that’s also how the general public, too busy working jobs and trying to raise families, is kept in the dark as to the true agenda of the Dems/Libs/Progs.

The MSM’s blackouts of specific newsworthy items, lately, smacks of outright journalistic malpractice. One would hope that at the rate they’re losing viewership/subscriptions, the implosions will be happening fast enough so that they can’t significantly impact the 2010 mid-terms.

KendraWilder on June 4, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Venom is hate speech. Let’s get our terms straight, hate is a word that simply implies a great dislike for something. Venom is a substance that is deadly when injected into a living being.

By association, equating the speech of Michelle Malkin as venomous is to imply she is an animal capable of delivering venom. Those following this tact are also calling her a snake or reptile which she is not and shows the lack of depth in their personality and ability to think critically.

MSGTAS on June 4, 2009 at 10:09 AM

As a nonpartisan, pro-abortion, liberal Democrat

peacenprosperity on June 4, 2009 at 7:20 AM

Uh…just so there is no confusion, I believe that Allah is quoting a comment on the U.S. News web site, paraphrasing the idiot author. That statement is not from the author herself.

I know, because it’s my comment. Sorry if it gave you the wrong impression.

Jaibones on June 4, 2009 at 12:41 PM

TASS71 on June 3, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Oooohhhh…

Jaibones on June 4, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Nothing Michelle has ever said or written can come close to being described as venom or venomous.

darwin on June 3, 2009 at 5:18 PM

You’re absolutely right. Michelle has a strong point of view, which I happen to agree with, but she is never hurtful or mean-spirited, like Olberman who has a permanent scowl on his face. I guess liberals define “venomous” as anything they disagree with especially when it comes from a non-white person who is supposed to be on their side (yeah right).

Callie C. on June 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Erbe makes me want to puke. (Or is it the stale coffee I just drank?)

Al in St. Lou on June 4, 2009 at 4:54 PM