Stupid: Gillibrand tells Truthers she supports a new investigation into 9/11

posted at 7:35 pm on June 2, 2009 by Allahpundit

I’ve seen a dozen videos of these morons cornering politicians with “new evidence” or thinly veiled questions about “reopening the investigation” and the only two who had the stones to tell them to get bent straightaway were Gingrich and Bill Clinton(!). The New York Observer lets Gillibrand off the hook because she appears not to realize she’s talking to the modern-day equivalent of Holocaust deniers, but in that case, what kind of imbecile must she be not to have alarm bells going off when this guy starts talking about explosives being found in the rubble? Is she … unfamiliar with the M.O. of 9/11? Or is she simply so desperate for votes that she’d sell out all the rest of us who lost loved ones that day to gladhand a bottom-feeder like this? Good work, Kirsten.

Comments

Good grief. Princess Caroline would’ve been better. Never thought I’d say that.

ddrintn on June 2, 2009 at 7:38 PM

Mein Gott.
*slaps head*

annoyinglittletwerp on June 2, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I’m not even gonna watch

blah blah blah we found traces of sulfur! indicating explosives!

bs — it was from all the insulation up and down the towers.

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Not surprised. She’s a Kool Aid drinker. Obviously, we should look into whether or not she has a functioning brain and should be removed from office for her lack of intellect to carry out her duties under the Constitution.

JP1986UM on June 2, 2009 at 7:40 PM

She’s a moron.

AUINSC on June 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM

She kind of seems dense.

myrenovations on June 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM

WTF…Over.

cobrakai99 on June 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM

JetBoy on June 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM

I thought she was better than that. Here’s to hoping she wins in the primaries and George Pataki runs against and wins. One can only hope.

NathanG on June 2, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Politicians like that are programmed for diplomacy. They are invertebrate brown nosers. This is why they are successful in life. They suck up rather than take a stand. It’s their instinct. It carries them far in a republic.

keep the change on June 2, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Pity this is a family friendly blog. There’s a few choice words i’d like to call her. One of those rhymes with “munt”.

madne0 on June 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Is this “Let’s see who’s the biggest moron” day at HA?

Knucklehead on June 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Good lord . . . that idiot needs a keeper. Where in the world do they dig up these fools.

rplat on June 2, 2009 at 7:46 PM

madne0 on June 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Yo that’s weird you say that

I was wondering when someone would just come out and say the word

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Is this “Let’s see who’s the biggest moron” day at HA?

Knucklehead on June 2, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Every day is a veritable feast of riches with regard to exemplary unintelligence on the part of our new leaders.

unclesmrgol on June 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Campaign commercial anyone? Anyone?

SouthernGent on June 2, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Yeah..and what about that moon landing thing! And the UFO’s that NASA is covering up!

/lol

Asher on June 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM

HEY!!

oldleprechaun on June 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM

This is the typical politician’s answer to a question or matter they’re unsure of.

I.e.,”Yes, yes, that’s interesting and we should look into it as I’m all in favor of a full disclosure..blah…blah..blah…”

SteveMG on June 2, 2009 at 7:51 PM

A “munt” may actually contain more brain matter.

Rovin on June 2, 2009 at 7:51 PM

At least she`s more atractive than Hillary……Make that, at least she`s attractive.

ThePrez on June 2, 2009 at 7:51 PM

You know, I think you know, Caroline would have, you know, not said something you know, this stupid. You know.

portlandon on June 2, 2009 at 7:52 PM

She’s just being a politician…….

………. with a camera and microphone in her face.

Seven Percent Solution on June 2, 2009 at 7:54 PM

You can not reopen the 9/11 eposode because Sandy the Burgular stole the proof that the Clinto Admin knew that it could happen.

Rick007 on June 2, 2009 at 7:55 PM

UNfreakinbelievable!

oakpack on June 2, 2009 at 7:55 PM

She represents the ‘Lollipop Guild’.

thomasaur on June 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Truther Rosie O’Donnell stole me Lucky Charms…and the bacon, toast, waffles, syrup, etc.

BHO Jonestown on June 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM

JetBoy on June 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM

You and your strange sexual perversions :P

lorien1973 on June 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM

I pretty much let people know the months following 9/11 that if anyone asked me again if I knew why they hate us, I would cold c*ck them. Same with these guys.

Blake on June 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Does anyone remember this woman being elected? Wasn’t she appointed by the Governor to complete someone else’s term? It would be safe to say in that case, that she didn’t get the kind of scrutiny of someone running for office, like… oh, the current president, maybe.

Then again… oh, now I’m confused.

manwithblackhat on June 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM

This woman is as dumb as a rock.

gridlock2 on June 2, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Then again… oh, now I’m confused.

manwithblackhat on June 2, 2009 at 8:01 PM

She was in the House before she got the Senate appointment.

myrenovations on June 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Gillibrand sounds like she’s answering questions
at a beauty pagent!!

canopfor on June 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM

HEY!!

oldleprechaun on June 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM

heh…I knew it! Lucky Charms Truth Now!

lorien1973 on June 2, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Look who’s talkin’! ;)

JetBoy on June 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM

I tell my friends who live in NYC that you all deserve the politicians you elect. Sadly, they got stuck with this idiot.

ladyingray on June 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM

run her into the ground. I see a GOP campaign ad.

rob verdi on June 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I would also like her to look into capturing that leprechaun who keeps stealin’ me Lucky Charms… JetBoy on June 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Well, she *is* magically delicious!

KS Rex on June 2, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Hawkins should have had her on his list, and she’s not even as crazy as some of the women on it now.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on June 2, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Pathetic.

angryed on June 2, 2009 at 8:27 PM

run her into the ground. I see a GOP campaign ad.

rob verdi on June 2, 2009 at 8:09 PM

It’s NY. She could be caught on tape burning a US flag while laughing at a 9/11 video and still win 60% of the vote.

angryed on June 2, 2009 at 8:32 PM

JetBoy on June 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM

And, she could join O.J. on the hunt for the real killer!

Seriously, I always thought it would be good to “re-open” the investigation just this far:

1. A meaninful grilling of Sandy Burger; I’m talking harsh, harrasing, grown-man-crying kind of questions.

2. Call Jamie Gorelik as a witness! She has stuff to answer for.

massrighty on June 2, 2009 at 8:53 PM

angryed,
don’t be sure, a disheartened left couple with an energized GOP equals a Republican win. It can happen here, tough but it can.

rob verdi on June 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I shook Gillibrand’s hand at the Salute to Israel Day Parade in NYC on Sunday.
The irony is that troofers are essentially anti-semites if you follow the logical conclusion of their argument.
She is acting like a sleazy pol just like Schmucky Schumer.

RobCon on June 2, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Hey, come om folks!   Kirsten Gillibrand’s just learnin’.   Still putty in Schmuck Schumer’s hands at this point.

martywd on June 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Distraction.

OldEnglish on June 2, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Carefully worded, and good answer. Note she didn’t support anything other than “those families’ questions being answered”. She didn’t mention the explosives or anything else. She showed sensitivity to the fact that the man in question was part of one of those families. He’s still a nut, but she maneuvered out of it properly.

MadisonConservative on June 2, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Up in Albany (NY) she is known as Tracy Flick, even by the Dems. Apparently she was/is willing to do anything for a vote.

diogenes on June 2, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Or is she simply so desperate for votes

And that about sums it up.

GarandFan on June 2, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Our elected leaders are fools.

This is no way to run a superpower …

Oh wai …

HondaV65 on June 2, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I confronted the 9/11 “truthers” at Ground Zero on Sept 11th a couple of years ago. I simply asked them how likely it was that an operation of such magnitude and complexity could have been planned and executed by the government without one single person getting cold feet and spilling the beans, or without one person having since come forward after the guilt became too much for them, or without the blowing of whistles by people who were approached to take part but who refused out of disgust.

Think of all the technicians, operatives, agents, suppliers of materials, explosive experts and everyone else who would have had to have taken part in such an elaborate scheme. Just how easy would it have been to find such a diverse group of participants, each of them willing to murder thousands of US citizens and each of them guaranteed to keep their mouths shut for the rest of their lives? Even the ones who refused to take part…they were disgusted enough to refuse but not disgusted enough to go to the press? Yet, not one single person has come forward.

Ah – the truthers responded – but the Bush administration is so evil, they would have been threatened with death and torture if they said anything. Bull, I replied – people have risked their lives and everything they owned to expose lesser scandals throughout history.

Did I get an answer to my questions? Of course I didn’t. They were speechless for a few seconds and then erupted into a cacophony of screeching hatred: I was a “tool of the government,” a viewer of “Faux News” (obviously), a “mindless sheep” who believed “what they want you to believe,” I was a right wing neocon asshole whose crime was to open the drapes and throw the cold light of day on their little teenage X-Files fantasies.

It got pretty nasty after that, some of them followed me up Church St screaming abuse at me – I told them to go **** themselves (obviously) – as someone with a camera filmed the whole thing. Later, she approached me and asked me to sign a permission slip to use the footage in a documentary. She claimed to be making a movie which ridiculed the “truthers,” but for all I know she could have been some lefty film maker with “truther” sympathies who wanted to splice the footage so that I’d look like some rabid, evil right wing neocon psycho or something. So I said no.

Sharke on June 2, 2009 at 9:38 PM

This woman is a complete disaster, now if GOP lined up a credible candidate in NY, we can take the seat but John Cornyn would rather keep his power rather than letting GOP win.

promachus on June 2, 2009 at 9:41 PM

To those considering the four letter c as a word to describe a woman that you dislike:

Why not just get right down to it and call Obama the n-word while you’re at it (but put an m in front of it, to make it all better!)?

Golly… not to be sensitive and call you sexist, but come on, have a little class. You may dislike the woman and think she’s stupid, but calling her something like that is… well… it is sexist in a similar way to how using the n-word is racist.

Christina D on June 2, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Sharke on June 2, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Hm! That’s a really good point. I shall have to file that argument away for future use.

Christina D on June 2, 2009 at 9:54 PM

I don’t see how you could look at the interview and get all worked up over this. The 9/11 truth stuff was very veiled, they led with him losing family on 9/11, the very real fact that the 9/11 families that drove the 9/11 commission(not truthers) were very unhappy that their questions weren’t answered, and the stuff about the first responders which seems to be forgotten with many of you. The government knew the air was toxic and didn’t make much of a priority at making that clear. Many first responders are dying or have died. This is just about how any representative (D or R) would deal with their constituents regarding tragic situations, especially with a camera in front of her face. That she isn’t obsessed about fringe internet movements might be lost on many of you, but many people don’t even bother wasting time to study this.

LevStrauss on June 2, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Christina D:

I’m not here to use either word to describe anyone because that ain’t how I roll, but let me tell you another way I don’t roll: letting other people control how I use language.

So, 5 points for intent, -7,000,000 for being an arrogant, demanding, control enthusiast.

Even if I am sometimes offended by racist or sexist insults, I’m as or more offended by people trying to control the conversation through taking offense rather than through giving it – especially since those who offended you didn’t appear to have the agenda of shutting you up.

Ultimately, it’s up to the mods, I’m just sick of “I’m offended” being used as a trump card.

Merovign on June 2, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Merovign on June 2, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Wow. Asking someone to show some civility and to refrain from using vulgarities in a conversation is far from being an “arrogant, demanding, control enthusiast”. Chill, dude.

KS Rex on June 2, 2009 at 10:24 PM

JetBoy on June 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM

+5,000

Now I gotta wipe Pepsi off my monitor…thanks a heap, dude!

SuperCool on June 2, 2009 at 10:28 PM

Quite simply, so desperate for votes that she’d sell out all the rest of us who lost loved ones that day to gladhand a bottom-feeder like this. Nail on head. Just your average democrat. Nothing to see here. Move along folks.

Griz on June 2, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Hillary talked about the disenfranchisement of poor, poor Democrat voters who didn’t get their say.

Can we get a Senator in NY who isn’t a lefty tool?

keyboarddude on June 2, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Remember when everyone wondered if she wasn’t really a Republican in disguise? NRA and all that. The fact that she is cozy with Schumer was all i ever needed to know about her. She is a politician to the core

pgrossjr on June 2, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Christina D on June 2, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Your side of the aisle called Sarah Palin a c*nt numerous times last fall. Even printed T-shirts with that slogan.

Thanks for playing!

PS, as for the “N” word, the senior Democrat US Senator used it on national TV a few years back and got a pass.

Or were you talking about the dread N word “neo-con”?

Del Dolemonte on June 2, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Golly gee, Wally, does this mean she’ll support the Birthers of the Truthers demand for an investigation into Bo’s birth certificate, and medical and college records too?

What a maroon.

orville on June 2, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Thanks for playing!

Or were you talking about the dread N word “neo-con”?

Del Dolemonte on June 2, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Dude, I’m not even a liberal. I’m just saying that the c word is offensive and degrading to women. Chill guys. Golly, I voted McCain just like the rest of you. How ’bout I just call you several words for male anatomy for being a jerk (to add up to the power of the c word) and we’ll leave it there then, eh? Just cuz someone takes offense to sexist language doesn’t make them a liberal.

I certainly agree that this woman is stupid… but I’m not going to call her something like that. Certainly, you have your right to do it yourself and I’m not saying you shouldn’t have that right, but it sure makes you look stupid too.

Christina D on June 2, 2009 at 11:00 PM

So much for the centrist image, truthers are among the worst of the worst, they direct anger in the wrong direction.

thebrokenrattle on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Remember when we all thought Tracy Flick was cool ’cause she joined the NRA? Apparently, she’s really just a poser and must go bye-bye in 2010.

Illinidiva on June 2, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Gillibrand is going to be challenged from the left in the Democratic primary for Senate next year, because the liberals think Patterson screwed up and stabbed them in the back by giving an upstate ‘moderate’ Democrat (well, by New York standards) a Senate seat they believe belongs to them.

So she’s trying to shore up support on the left in New York with that in mind, but isn’t smart enough to realize there are certain people on the left that you’re far better off letting your opponents have. Clueless, but it’s unlikely any of her primary challengers will use it against her, except possibly in a few upstate precincts away from the NYC TV market.

jon1979 on June 3, 2009 at 12:05 AM

From Redstate:

The murder of a U.S. military recruiter by a Muslim convert in Arkansas yesterday marks the return of the war on terror to America after just four months of the new Administration’s systematic dismantling of the policies and programs that kept the nation safe for over seven years under the Bush Administration.

It was a terrorist act. And I have a suspicion that Air France was blown up. Drudge has details: “Bomb threat AIR FRANCE in S America — Days Before Flight Dissapeared over Atlantic…”

Geochelone on June 3, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Politicians are idiots.

Geochelone on June 3, 2009 at 12:46 AM

Gillibrand must be dumber than a post to get sucked in by the guy’s “70% of the family members’ questions were not answered,” straw man. I’m a 9/11 family member and, pardon my Spanish, the freakin idiot truthers have been peddling that toro poo-poo for years.

Sergeant Tim on June 3, 2009 at 12:52 AM

We Are Change = Communist Front Group

VinceP1974 on June 3, 2009 at 3:56 AM

I watched this and to be fair to the lady, I think the fact that she was being set up by a few freaks was not known to her.

And her answer was hedged on the assertion being true that 75% of the victim families questions were never answered.

She said “if that is true” , then yes, she would support that.. wouldn’t anyone?

The only thing I can see to critize her about is her not knowing that these freaks exist

Though if she has somehow mananged to be completely ignorant of the Truthers after all this time and being in NY, then I’m jealous because i know I wish i never had to be burdened with knowledge of their immense stupidity. It makes me fearful of the future.

VinceP1974 on June 3, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Somewhere in New York, a village is missing an idiot.

docshund on June 3, 2009 at 6:08 AM

Just imagine if Bush had sai..

angryed on June 3, 2009 at 7:22 AM

LevStrauss on June 2, 2009 at 9:59 PM

Ah, a Paulbot speaks proving yet again you can’t fix stupid.

First reposnders are just that my friend – they risk their lives being the first on scene. First reposnders don’t have the luxury of hindsight when trying to save lives.

Take your truthery Paulbot crap somewhere else.

catmman on June 3, 2009 at 8:46 AM

“…study that proved…”

Studies don’t prove anything.

rogersnowden on June 3, 2009 at 9:25 AM

She’s a Far Right Democrat in the vain of the Truther/Nirther types.

I’m sure she was also looking for Obama’s birth certificate…LOL.

AprilOrit on June 3, 2009 at 10:00 AM

LevStrauss on June 2, 2009 at 9:59 PM

BS… she should be well aware of this movement of idiocracy.She is a PTA woman risen way above the level of her incompetence. The Peter Principle (only without a Peter!) oops did I offend the poster so bent over the “munt” reference?

max1 on June 3, 2009 at 10:05 AM

p.s. the “c” word is degrading if you allow it to be (i.e. you want to be victimized yada yada yada) -grow some thick skin and move on to something relevant.

Ris4victory on June 3, 2009 at 11:21 AM

JetBoy on June 2, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Heh, good one Jet!

HEY!!

oldleprechaun on June 2, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I think you may have found the responsible leprechaun culprit!

On a more serious note, just when I thought these moron truthers finally died out we get an idiot pol that panders to them to get votes thus re-igniting and giving “legitimacy” to the “truther” movement…sickening!

While truthers and their whole 9-11 truther movement still pisses me off to no end I have finally arrived at a point where I do not engage them in debate/argument anymore for several reasons:

1) Many experts and professional in engineering, metallurgy, and fire sciences have more than sufficiently proved all the silly truther theories are BS.
2) Debating them only gives them legitimacy.
3) Truthers are so delusional and dedicated to their cause that no amount of actual evidence and fact will change their minds; therefore debate and argument are moot.
4) Debating someone that is insane and/or a moron is in of itself insane and moronic!

While I choose to no longer debate/argue with a truther I still do however relish ridiculing them to no end as they deserve it because their ideology and “movement” are a slap in the face to all those that perished on 9-11, their family, friends, and our nation!

Liberty or Death on June 3, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I am a huge fan of Rescue Me – yet for the life of me cannot understand why an FDNY character showcases the truther mentality, namely this season.

It gives it credence on a different scale, being the great work Denis Leary does for fireman and lost firemen’s family’s…

I am at a loss.

Odie1941 on June 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I am at a loss.

Odie1941 on June 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM

I agree, I could not figure that one out at all. I think they think it’s funny, but I was pretty surprised by it.

AprilOrit on June 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Christina D:

Happens every day, on and off teh internets.

The people who offend YOU have a long way to go to register on the graph, not to mention catch up.

I just object to the “trump card” mentality, which is what K Rex didn’t seem to get. 99.99999999999% of the universe doesn’t give a crap if you’re offended, so don’t expect it all to come to a stop when you are.

Merovign on June 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM