Now it can be told: Obama has “Muslim roots”

posted at 8:08 pm on June 2, 2009 by Allahpundit

I guess this means the “Hussein” comment that O’Reilly smeared us with last week wasn’t so offensive after all. Ah well. Enjoy talking about it now because, come 2012, it’ll be safely verboten once again.

You can imagine Tapper writing the headline to his post, thinking, “I know Drudge is going to love this. I know it.” And sure enough. That’s the mark of a smart blogger, folks. Anyone can wring big traffic from a big story. Wringing big traffic from crap is where we separate the men from the boys.

Which reminds me. We’re overdue for an atheism post.

During a conference call in preparation for President Obama’s trip to Cairo, Egypt, where he will address the Muslim world, deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications Denis McDonough said “the President himself experienced Islam on three continents before he was able to — or before he’s been able to visit, really, the heart of the Islamic world — you know, growing up in Indonesia, having a Muslim father — obviously Muslim Americans (are) a key part of Illinois and Chicago.”…

Since the election, however, with the threat of the rumors at least somewhat abated, the White House has been increasingly forthcoming about the president’s roots. Especially when reaching out to the Muslim world.

In his April 6 address to the Turkish Parliament, President Obama referenced how many “Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim majority country. I know, because I am one of them.”

This should give U.S. diplomats a handy conversation-starter with the “death to America” crowd we’ve invited to celebrate, um, America’s birthday. Exit question: Whose Obama cultists are more devout, ours or Egypt’s? I’d say it’s a close call.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Ya’ll are making me stay up way past my bedtime. Tomorrow, folks.

TXMomof3 on June 2, 2009 at 11:13 PM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Of course he isn’t.

His foreign and domestic policies just assist their goals by pure coincidence.

wildcat84 on June 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM

I thought it was just grey.

notropis on June 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM

His foreign and domestic policies just assist their goals by pure coincidence.

wildcat84 on June 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM

that’s right, because he’s a leftist.

the leftist lobby assists their goals

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM

wildcat84 on June 2, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Is there a light at the end of this tunnel?

TXMomof3 on June 2, 2009 at 10:15 PM

I’m beginning to think any light at the end of this tunnel is the headlight of an oncoming locomotive.

jimmy2shoes on June 2, 2009 at 11:17 PM

jimmy2shoes on June 2, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Nah, I think the other poster had it right. It’s the blinding flash of light that precedes the shock wave.

Daggett on June 2, 2009 at 11:20 PM

I

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Of course he isn’t.

His foreign and domestic policies just assist their goals by pure coincidence.

wildcat84 on June 2, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Is he a Muslim sneak?
Or like Jimmy Carter very meek?
I hear he’s sneaky as you please
I hear he’s really just with appeasement at ease
He may be shrewd
He may be crude
Ah well, it’s hard to tell

PercyB on June 2, 2009 at 11:21 PM

Unqualified to lead a struggling Burger King, Hussein erodes the greatest nation in history with every day he ’serves’ and continues his effort to undermine and humble America before the intolerant, despotic Islamic mob.
profitsbeard on June 2, 2009

Well said.

Our wonderful country is being sold right out from under us. The destruction of our economy, society, Constitution, and the blatant transformation to marxism is treason by both Democrats and Republicans….abetted by the American people themselves who have lost their belief in even the smallest of ideals. Even the cold war era Soviet Pravda commented on this yesterday and mock our loss of freedom.

Folks…we need a revolution. Nothing short is going to cut it. A political, in the streets, revolution. We need to physically chase the bastards out of the halls of power.

It is fast becoming too late. We were at a slow boil for years and now the wheels of democracy in the US have come off with the installation of this ultra left regime. They were ushered in by a corrupt propagandist media and organized voter fraud. Acorn and unions are the brownshirt thugs who really symbolize just how democracy has been defeated (temporarily I hope).

We need a grass roots movement to a third party THAT HAS NO FEAR and will take bold action. For the time being we need to forget about the polarizing social issues and distracting media generated hot buttons and unite. We are fiddling while Rome burns as it stands now.

I’m waiting for the “Now it can be told: Obama was born outside the USA” post
ToddonCapeCod on June 2, 2009

You know he was…Hawaii just seems a little too convenient. Does the media do even the slightest investigation? NO…
What’s really ominous is that even conservatives say don’t go there. Why not? I mean it’s not like GW wasn’t savaged over his National Guard records.

Obama has not shown an authentic, case closed birth certificate up to this point. Even if it distracts him while he rips the country apart and preaches hate America across the globe…I’ll be happy.

Goodeye_Closed on June 2, 2009 at 11:24 PM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

At this point in time, does it even matter? He’s destroying us.

baldilocks on June 2, 2009 at 11:30 PM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Look, he’s destroying the USA. If he’s not a Muslim, then maybe he’s just comfortable with Islam because he used to be a Muslim. And maybe the reason he’s sucking up to the Muslim countries is so that they’ll spare him when they move in and take over.

Regardless, we should focus on stopping the destruction. I just wish I knew how.

Daggett on June 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM

baldilocks on June 2, 2009 at 11:30 PM

exactly.

homesickamerican on June 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Someone needs to get a hold of the producers at fox and put together a comedy ensemble cast to tear into this idiot and his administration. So much material and it would put the pathetic Saturday Night Live to shame.

BillaryMcBush on June 2, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Great idea. Glenn Beck should give them a slot on his show; Hannity too. They could work their way into their own spin-off.

tigerlily on June 2, 2009 at 11:36 PM

jimmy2shoes on June 2, 2009 at 11:17 PM

And that is the quote of the day in my book!

Connie on June 2, 2009 at 11:38 PM

profitsbeard on June 2, 2009

With creepy Muslims he likes to whore
Wont be forever till more and more know the score
Neville Chamberlain he would never emulate
As he thinks that he thought too small and gave too little too late

MB4 on June 2, 2009 at 11:39 PM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I’m not a blonde with big breasts either but when I was younger I would do anything to make them happy.

thomasaur on June 2, 2009 at 11:40 PM

PercyB on June 2, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Please have mercy,
Typhoid Percy.

Loxodonta on June 2, 2009 at 11:40 PM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Fair enough. But he’s got pretty strong Muslim sentiments, to the point where he’s willing to genuflect to the King of Saud.

AP has stated in the past that while he’s atheist, he’s willing to jump in to defend Catholics in a scrap, since that’s his background. I bet Obama is pretty much the same when it comes to Islam.

TexasDan on June 2, 2009 at 11:41 PM

thomasaur on June 2, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I just got done playing home run derby with a drunk — im quite tired
what do you mean?

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:44 PM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Who are you and where is blatant?

HornetSting on June 2, 2009 at 11:45 PM

thomasaur on June 2, 2009 at 11:40 PM

When you were younger, why were your breasts unhappy?

Loxodonta on June 2, 2009 at 11:46 PM

When you were younger, why were your breasts unhappy?

Loxodonta on June 2, 2009 at 11:46 PM

LOL!! It took me a second to get what he was saying, too.

Daggett on June 2, 2009 at 11:47 PM

He may not be a muslim but he is doing everything within his capability to please them including turning his back on our allies.

thomasaur on June 2, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Who are you and where is blatant?

HornetSting on June 2, 2009 at 11:45 PM

He’s here!

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Who are you and where is blatant?

HornetSting on June 2, 2009 at 11:45 PM

He can’t explain myself, I’m afraid, Madame, because he’s not himself you see. …

Cheshire Cat on June 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM

TexasDan on June 2, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Well a leftist’s default position is to defend the Muslims – no matter what.

I just can’t take the

“HEZ A SEKRIT MOOSE LIMB!” crap.

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:50 PM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I think you’re right. And he’s not a Christian either. He is whatever he needs to be to whomever he needs to impress. He’d claim to be from Mars if he felt he would gain stature by it.

Nothing but a chameleon…

Ace ODale on June 2, 2009 at 11:51 PM

I just got done playing home run derby with a drunk — im quite tired
what do you mean?

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Who are you and where is blatant?

HornetSting on June 2, 2009 at 11:45 PM

He’s here!

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:48 PM

And in dire need of an explanation as regards the Birds and the Bees, I might add.

Cheshire Cat on June 2, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Sacré bleu! Déjoué de nouveau!

Loxodonta on June 2, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Bien fait!

Maquis on June 2, 2009 at 11:55 PM

I’m so confused :[

!!!!

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:56 PM

At this point I don’t care if he’s Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, Atheist, Wikkan or Martian. He is RUINING AMERICA people… bankrupting us, weakening our security, tempting our enemies, all while raising his chin and pimp walking around as though he is friggin Caesar.

Buck Ofama.

cannonball on June 2, 2009 at 11:56 PM

Birds of a feather flock together.

Bees make honey, but their stings aren’t funny.

That’s all you need to know, blantantblue, and the rest is up to you.

Loxodonta on June 2, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Maybe not but we are now a Muslim country.

He’s just impatient. He means it WILL be a Muslim country after he’s destroyed it and they come in and take over.

Daggett on June 2, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Bees make honey, but their stings aren’t funny.

That’s all you need to know, blantantblue, and the rest is up to you.

Loxodonta on June 2, 2009 at 11:58 PM

As a card carrying member of the hornet, bee, and wasp association, I am offended by your words……

HornetSting on June 3, 2009 at 12:00 AM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

And AIDS is not a fatal disease, per se, it simply eradicates the immune system, allowing fatal diseases to then attack the body.

Obama is an opportunistic egomanaical self-serving panderer who has childhood sympathies for Muslims and is a convenient tool for them to utilize to weaken the U.S. as they seek to erode its will and overwhelm its people.

Barry is a fellow-traveller for the Mohammedans, at the very least. In the leftist mode that sees Islam as a useful geopolitical counterbalance to the “evil imperialist” AmeriKKA.

He is more effective as a non-Muslim for Islam, so it is really worse that he is not openly a Muslim.

Then people might wake up to the threat he embodies.

As it is, he is a soothing flavoring for the poison that is Islam.

profitsbeard on June 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM

HornetSting on June 3, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Wouldn’t it be best for you to be papering your nest?

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 12:03 AM

profitsbeard on June 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM

That is a great analogy. Right on.

HornetSting on June 3, 2009 at 12:03 AM

profitsbeard on June 3, 2009 at 12:02 AM

That I have no qualms with

just those who claim he’s a secret muslim

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 12:03 AM

jharada on June 2, 2009 at 11:58 PM

He likes to make numbers do what he wants them to do. Nothing about percentage or proportion at all.

I posted % here.

Muslim 0.6%

He could have said we’d be the largest Jewish country in the world as well (but none of us look for that to happen!). Where’s the “better” dialogue with Israel? Hmmmm?????

Jewish 1.7%

INC on June 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM

HornetSting on June 3, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Wouldn’t it be best for you to be papering your nest?

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 12:03 AM

;P

HornetSting on June 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM

So, is this the master plan to gradually get us used to him being a muslim, before he finally comes out and admits it?

Or is he a muslim, or muslim-leaning, just when it suits his political purposes?

I’d go with the latter, but bowing to the Saudi king made it quite plain where his sympathies lie, and it really doesn’t matter whether he is muslim, or just dhimmi Carter.

ThereGoesTheNeighborhood on June 3, 2009 at 12:06 AM

HornetSting on June 3, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Lox

She’s too busy reading up on the birds and bees

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Maquis on June 2, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Merci, mon premier ami Aérien Chaud.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM

It seems that these tools like to float an agenda.
Wait for the news conference to twist and turn it around.

HornetSting on June 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM

She’s too busy reading up on the birds and bees

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM

And what about you?

I’m so confused :[

What are you confused about?

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Wait for the news conference to twist and turn it around.

HornetSting on June 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM

We need Obama decoder rings.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 12:11 AM

She’s too busy reading up on the birds and bees

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 12:08 AM

And what about you?

I’m busy being afraid about these reports of bomb threats out of Ezeiza against Air France before 447 went down..

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Oh well.

bye

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Rut-roh… Barry is Muslim AND Christian???? “…conversion by Muslims to other religions, is strictly forbidden and is termed apostasy. Muslim theology equates apostasy to treason, and in most interpretations of sharia, the penalty for apostasy is death…”
And Charlie Rangel was worried about him traveling in East Harlem???

NightmareOnKStreet on June 3, 2009 at 12:26 AM

blatantblue on June 3, 2009 at 12:17 AM

What I find frustrating is that so much of our country and the world seem to be rapidly spiraling down the drain, yet the MSM is still singing “Happy days are here again,” because of Obama’s election.

The news is far too often grim, and it’s difficult for me to keep thinking clearly, maintain a sense of humor, and have any hope or comfort to share with anyone else.

So, at times I feel either somewhat hysterical or as if I’m quite empty. I’m sorry. I wish I could offer you something other than some pablum or platitudes.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 12:26 AM

We all knew about Obama’s roots in Islam and radicalism because we are HA regulars, for most MSM AMericans this is a huge revelation.

Oh and the press knew this all along too

The pressing question is WHY reveal it now? What are they afraid of and what do they know?

clnurnberg on June 3, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Oh and the press knew this all along too

Yep. It was all out there, and then some. But, this web site taking any mention of his middle name, “hussein” (which something like 55% of Americans didn’t even know after the election!) as a “smear” on the site is a perfect example of why no one knows about all this. I don’t blame HotAir, but if THIS site gets all bent out of shape by the mere association of it with the name “hussein” then there was absolutely no chance any major outlets were going to touch it. Sad, because it’s so pathetic and silly.

clnurnberg on June 3, 2009 at 12:34 AM

They’re not afraid. They’re emboldened. He gets a kick out of this.

progressoverpeace on June 3, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Ditto. We do need Hope, but all the clowns are offering us is Kool-Aid.

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM

There is something sinister in the air tonight

clnurnberg on June 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Empty, that’s a good description for what I’m feeling. And the crappy weather here in Chicago is not helping my mood. It’s only 50 degree’s here again tonight with more rain.

I should be excited about my big trip and busy packing, but I’ve done nothing. I’m party pooper extrodonaire.

Knucklehead on June 3, 2009 at 12:41 AM

I guess the moral of the story is don’t vote for a President based solely on “it’d be cool to have a black President”.

Which seems to be what got Obama in.

wildcat84 on June 3, 2009 at 12:42 AM

There is something sinister in the air tonight

clnurnberg on June 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Ya think? From another thread:

There was an arrest of an “al Qaeda” suspect in Brazil last Tuesday. There is one report that he was let go. Tri border region in Brazil is a Jihadi nexus. (Hezbollah, Hamas, AlQaeda, Iran all operate there) Now we have a plane that originated in Brazil go down. There’s a report of a Continental Express flight over Texas reporting a “missle” passing underneath it at 13,000 ft. last friday. And yesterday we happen to have a jihadi from Yemen shoot up a military recruitment office in Arkansas….pattern? coincidence?

hmmm Zawahiri reappears today with “bloody” message…
Iranian/Hezbollah buddy Hugo Chavez abruptly cancelled his TV show on Friday and has not been seen since…
Evo Morales has gone to ground too….

Daggett on June 3, 2009 at 12:44 AM

We do need Hope

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM

No. We need Change. Only 3.5 years to go!

Shy Guy on June 3, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Daggett on June 3, 2009 at 12:44 AM

This is a cached page link. The original page URL seems to no longer be valid. In fact, I can’t get through to the site at all.

Found this in an LGF comment.

Shy Guy on June 3, 2009 at 12:55 AM

No. We need Change. Only 3.5 years to go!

Shy Guy on June 3, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Gonna take a lot of hope to keep us from imploding before then.

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 12:59 AM

HOSE are the new revelations proving Obama’s a Muslim? giving me a break. None of that info is new, Tapper is reaching for a splashy story.

I’m guessing nuance and sarcasm generally gets lost on you

Fed45 on June 3, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Well, everything the so-called “wingnuts” were saying before Obama was elected is turning out to be true. Obama himself was a Muslim when he was young according to his school application.

echosyst on June 3, 2009 at 1:07 AM

Hey I got an idea. How about we just leave the whole religion/hocus pocus thing out of the picture when it comes to politics?

Terry Silver on June 3, 2009 at 1:08 AM

Terry Silver on June 3, 2009 at 1:08 AM

OK, but The One has to go first.

MB4 on June 3, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Hotair heads are exploding over nothing. Again.

Dave Rywall on June 3, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Hotair heads are exploding over nothing. Again.

Dave Rywall on June 3, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Projecting.

petunia on June 3, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Hotair heads are exploding over nothing. Again.

Dave Rywall on June 3, 2009 at 1:17 AM

Dave Rywall sees nothing, hears nothing, knows nothing. He did not even get up any day since January 20, 2009.

OberfeldwebelSchultz on June 3, 2009 at 1:24 AM

The only religion Obama knows anything about is ‘Whacko’. The new religion of America’s progressive marxists.

Griz on June 3, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Who knew Bush was holding the whole world together? And now he is gone everything is falling to pieces.

I heard Obama called America a Muslim country in a speech in France. But it is only being reported in French. I’d like to see someone find that speech and tell me what exactly he said! Maybe I can find it… but my high school French isn’t that dependable.

petunia on June 3, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Barackito Obamalini said “the United States also could be considered as one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.”

The United States has a little over 2 million Muslims, so I am not sure just what kind of alien math he is using here. I would say maybe the same kind that says that there are 57 states, but this goes way beyond that.

Barackito Obamalini also said that we “have to educate ourselves more effectively on Islam”.

I would suggest that Geert Wilders, Robert Spencer, Hugh Fitzgerald and/or Diana West would be glad to instruct his Royal Douchebag on Islam.

MB4 on June 3, 2009 at 1:43 AM

To those who have suggested we leave religion out of this, fine, butt monkey, first define religion. To some on this planet, some Muslims, and I said some Muslims, do not define their religion as one of peace and tolerance. Whereas other religions are about peace and tolerance. So, you cannot totally leave out religion. And by the way, if you picked up, say a history book, this whole religious thingy has been going on and not been left out of anything for say- well over or about 2,000 years.

Next would be the entire L.A. Times interview towards the end of the election which received much attention, and had a brief summary as to what was said via Obama to a large contingent of not so peaceful, religious Muslims. Making a speech to these guys is not what one could classify as building bridges. Especially when you factor in what was said.

Uh, is it just me or does Khalidi associations along with Wright and Farrakhan not factor into the whole something is rotten in the state of Denmark? Khalidi apparently changed Obama’s mind about how things are going in Gaza and with the PA. Factor in some anti-Israeli sentiment, and you have a very dark picture indeed when it comes to being tolerant of the one democracy in the M.E. And just ignore the whole video on the Hamas phone banks set up to raise money for Dear Leader. For sure ignore any Muslim connections in Kenya.

And then there are those in the Administration who have some very anti-American and anti-Israeli empathy type ideologies. I believe Susan Rice is not known to be a big fan of Israel. The list goes on and on in this department.

Add to this Obama’s own words from his speeches and books, and you have a picture of a man who is not a Christian and someone who does not seem to like Israel or Jews very much. Heck, his own great-uncle has recently said Obama is using a former concentration camp as a political ploy!

But let us ignore the obvious, (he is overtly anti-American while in mainly Muslim countries), at our own peril. What could happen? A terrorist could shoot one of our beloved military members, or some group like CAIR could be aiding terrorism to take root in our country, prisoners could be being radicalized in our prisons, 17 Chinese terrorists could be set loose on American soil, 9-11 plotters could be tried in federal courts on American soil, or who knows what could happen. However this plays out it never comes to any conclusion that is good for America or good for Americans, and if that is true, then the world is also not going to see anything good for a very, very long time.

When moderate Muslims begin taking a stand, then perhaps so many Americans would not feel the need to be wary or apprehensive about Muslims. Until then, every September we will remember.

freeus on June 3, 2009 at 1:47 AM

that’s right, because he’s a leftist.

the leftist lobby assists their goals

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM

Some leftists are pro-israel.

Obama is sympathetic to muslim causes for global domination.

TTheoLogan on June 3, 2009 at 1:49 AM

petunia on June 3, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Le Figaro has the interview, here, concurrently translated to French but the English is still there, so no worry about shamefully neglected language skills. ;) Enjoi!

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Gonna take a lot of hope to keep us from imploding before then.

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 12:59 AM

Turn off the hookah tube and get out of the hopium den.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 1:55 AM

freeus on June 3, 2009 at 1:47 AM

In medieval times, people created fairy tales and magical creatures to make sense of their world. One of the most endearing is the unicorn, a horse with a single horn that symbolized purity and wholesomeness. In our modern times, people in Europe and the United States consider themselves more sophisticated and rational than people from the Middle Ages, but we still create myths, albeit more subtle ones.

Daily we hear reports of violent acts committed by Islamic terrorists on every inhabited continent. We try to wish it away with the myth of the ‘Moderate Muslim’, telling ourselves the Islamic agenda has been’ hijacked’ by a ‘tiny minority of extremists’ and that soon the huge, silent, moderate majority of Muslims will take charge and change things. However, post 9/11 very few Muslims have condemned terrorist actions. We are still waiting for moderates to stand and deliver, identifying and removing extremist thugs from their mosques and their communities. Waiting for this self-correction is our modern version of unicorn sarching.

Moderate Muslims will not be able to wrest control of the agenda for several reasons. First of all, Mohammed, the Messenger of Allah’s eternal word, was not moderate. No moderate can legitimately tell another Muslim to stop doing the things Mohammed himself did. Also, the Koran condones violence and coercion to further the Islamic agenda. People whom we call moderates are labeled hypocrites by Allah Himself in the Koran. Any moderates will always lose the argument because, as ex-Muslim author Ibn Warraq says, “There may be moderates in Islam but Islam itself is not moderate.”

Islamic expert Daniel Pipes and others estimate ten percent of the Islamic world to be militant. In 1933 when the Nazi party took control of Germany it had 2 million members, comprising only three percent of Germany’s sixty-six million citizens. A tiny minority of extremists can control a vast number of moderates, making them irrelevant.

Placing hope in ‘The Moderate Muslim’ is like searching for unicorns in the forest.
- JihadWatch

MB4 on June 3, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Turn off the hookah tube and get out of the hopium den.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 1:55 AM

As if!

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 1:58 AM

- JihadWatch

MB4 on June 3, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Their “moderates” are their heretics, their would-be intercessors for peace their apostates.

The price of Western ignorance and wishful-thinking will be measured in the millions of lives lost.

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 2:01 AM

Indeed. The best Muslims are those who are not good Muslims.

MB4 on June 3, 2009 at 2:06 AM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Is there such a thing as an ex-muslim?

Johan Klaus on June 3, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 1:58 AM

It’s beginning to look a lot like Hamas
Ev’rywhere you go;
Take a look at the five pillars, our jihadi killers,
And economy so low.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Hamas,
Halal in ev’ry store,
But the prettiest sight to see, and I’m sure you’ll all agree,
Is when Obama’s out the door.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Is there such a thing as an ex-Muslim?

Johan Klaus at 2:13 AM

Sure.

Anwar Sadat.

So ex it hurt.

profitsbeard on June 3, 2009 at 2:17 AM

But the prettiest sight to see, and I’m sure you’ll all agree,
Is when Obama’s out the door.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Not if he’s followed by a squish like McCain or anyone else that sucked up to Zero and his Statist fantasies.

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 2:34 AM

The apologist above states the President ‘experienced’ Islam, growing up in Indonesia (with a musliim stepfather) and having a muslim father. We know he was registered as a muslim as a child in Indonesia, and he attended mosque in Indonesia as a child.

So although the apologist said the President ‘experienced’ Islam, as a child the President was muslim just as the child of Jews in Israel is a jew and the same way the child of a Christian in India is a Christian child.

The President has verified he adopted Christianity as an adult in America, which implies he rejected islam, since to convert from being born muslim to Christianity as an adult is the crime of apostasy and illegal in islamic nations practicing sharia (for instance in Jordan)

Obama is right on schedule, IMHO. He will massage the image change gradually, and my own personal intuit, while he is still officially President, he will publically take on islam again and bow to mecca. I have assumed this right along, based upon the Christian church he attended for twenty years which welcomes islamic members, supported islamic terror groups, and because of Obama’s detachment from other Christian church attendance and his lack of interest in various Christian practice like giving Christmas presents to his children.

The man who despises cheap symbols of America could get no greater power trip than to metamorphasize into open islam while holding the coveted title of President. It would be his finest snub of the America he wants to dismantle

entagor on June 3, 2009 at 2:37 AM

It’s beginning to look a lot like Hamas,
Halal in ev’ry store,
But the prettiest sight to see, and I’m sure you’ll all agree,
Is when Obama’s out the door.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 2:16 AM

Sink me, the gentleman is a poet. What is it the Frenchies say? Tou-che? I see your a poet, and some didn’t know it.

PercyB on June 3, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 2:34 AM

At this point, I’d vote for the local dogcatcher.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 2:47 AM

At this point, I’d vote for the local dogcatcher.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 2:47 AM

Ouais, moi aussi. Bonne nuit.

Maquis on June 3, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Obama does this because he thinks it will stop Muslims from attacking America.

Once again (ONCE. AGAIN.), he shows us he thinks it’s all about him.

amkun on June 3, 2009 at 3:30 AM

PercyB on June 3, 2009 at 2:39 AM

Oddly enough, a pinch of snuff and a crème puff aren’t the right stuff to make marshmallow fluff, even in the rough.

So don’t call my bluff, or be too gruff, or give me a cuff, or go off in a huff, or even rebuff, or give me any guff or the old sob stuff, but I’ve had quite enough of this rhyming stuff because it’s too tough.

And as my poor head is now nearly dead, I’m leaving this thread and I’m off to bed.

Loxodonta on June 3, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Wow, this is from the following link:

“Obama has aroused more curiosity in the Middle East than any previous US leader, partly because of his Arabic-Islamic first and middle names. The choice of the date for Obama’s address indicates his attention to detail. It coincides with the anniversary of the start of the first battle between Islam, under Prophet Muhammad, and Christendom in the shape of a Byzantine expeditionary force in AD629. The “address to Islam” also marks the 30th anniversary of Ayatollah Ruhallah Khomeini’s demise and the appointment of Ali Khamenei as the new “Supreme Guide of the Islamic ummah”. More importantly, it also coincides with the rebuilding of the Ka’abah, the stone at the heart of Mecca, which had been destroyed in a Muslim civil war.”

Link:

OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

karenhasfreedom on June 3, 2009 at 3:46 AM

hes not a muslim

get OVER IT PEOPLE

blatantblue on June 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

No, of course not.

labrat on June 3, 2009 at 4:15 AM

He’s not a proven Muslim (yet) but what would he be doing differently if he were? Would a non-Muslim claim that the United States is one of the world’s largest Muslim countries?

Basilsbest on June 3, 2009 at 5:13 AM

Which reminds me. We’re overdue for an atheism post.

Naahh. Let’s keep it more interesting, like a story on landfills or something.

Squiggy on June 3, 2009 at 6:36 AM

with the threat of the rumors at least somewhat abated barry ever losing power again, the White House has been increasingly forthcoming about the president’s roots.

peacenprosperity on June 3, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Basilsbest on June 3, 2009 at 5:13 AM

The proof will eventually come out – one of those reporters who watched in abject awe at his recital to the Shaheeda could talk publicly, his real birth certificate might surface, etc – but it will come out.

And when it does, there will be a “push” toward conversion nationally – and so it came to pass that the US became one of the world’s largest muslim countries…

Laugh now, but just keep in mind how much in the tank the media is for the Messiah now – how could they change later, without admitting they collectively were fools?

Friendly21 on June 3, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Now it can be told: Obama has Muslim roots

Political expedience is not the determination of truth. Historical record and logic are more accurate determining features.

There are lots of interesting features on what this speech will mean. As per Israel, check out “inconvenient truth” link at Instapundit to The Spine by Marty Peretz @ The New Republic.

What dismays me most about Barack Obama’s Middle East initiative is that the only country in the area he seems to be pressing is Israel. He is not pressing Egypt and perhaps that’s because there is nothing that Cairo can give.

[And on the Palestinian issue] Bordering on despair, the Post’s Jim Hoagland has also written about this curious positioning of the new crowd. Hoagland really knows about this decades old conflict in a way that, believe me, George Mitchell couldn’t begin to match as long as he lives. Here’s an essential excerpt from Hoagland’s “Memo to President Obama.”

Cling to one thought as you work on your greatly anticipated speech to the Muslim world Thursday in Cairo, Mr. President.
There is no American solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict that you can heroically deliver from on high. Peace must be built
from the bottom by both sides…

It would be pleasing to your hosts to suggest the opposite –a made-in-the-USA plan for the Middle East. Some of your aides
believe this is a special moment that can end the region’s Sixty Years War if you intervene forcefully enough. But that neglects
history and the internal logic of the conflict.

This is true wisdom. But it won’t get anyone applause.

Obama’s delivering his Muslim address this time in Egypt.

Obama and the Freedom Agenda

One of those persecuted Egyptian liberals, Ayman Nour, recently asked whether Mr. Obama will “confirm his commitment to democracy, or will he appease dictators and aggressors?” One single speech cannot definitively answer that question but hopefully, tomorrow in Cairo, Ayman Nour will be pleased with Barack Obama’s words.

Paul Wolfowitz, WSJ

Yeah, Wolfowitz with all his warts.

But from Michael Crowley‘s interviews we know that Ayman Nour will not attend the speech, declining Obama’s offer that seems to him a ploy to make Nour just another in Obama’s bag of marbles.

Habib explained his skepticism about Obama’s speech here on Thursday. “If there is no radical change in American policies, I don’t think it matters what he says,” Habib told me through a translator. “I pity Obama because I know he is not on his own. He is surrounded by different forces–business congolmerates and the Zionist lobby.” Nor did Habib care much for the prevailing debate in the US about how much emphasis to place on democracy promotion. “Understand that democracy in the Bush administration was not a goal itself but a curtain to hide the atrocities in Iraq and Afghanistan.” When it comes to Egypt’s internal affairs, all the Muslim Brothers ask, Habib said, was that the US end its support for Hosni Mubarak’s regime. “We don’t want anything from the U.S. but to back off from supporting existing dictatorships. That’s it,” he said.

Oddly, it is not Islamists like Habib who are most upset with Obama right now. It is sectarian reformers like Ayman Nour, a 2005 presidential candidate who was imprisoned in 2006 and unexpectedly released earlier this year. I also met today with Nour, who told me that he, too, had been invited to Obama’s speech–although he says he won’t go and doesn’t expect to applaud it. Tomorrow, I’ll write more about Nour, perhaps the one Egyptian opposition figure Obama can get behind.

Obama has his cheering squad stateside. We’ll see about the score from the internet when all is said and done.

maverick muse on June 3, 2009 at 7:05 AM