Poll: Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:30 am on May 31, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

It’s been three weeks since we’ve had an OOTW poll, and we have plenty of choices for today’s survey. What has been your favorite Obamateurism? Confusing the Secretary of Defense with the man who brought us Windows and DOS? The verbal tic in Obama’s pronunciation of Pakistan which disappears when he says Afghanistan? Obama’s apparent lack of math skills when talking about the age of the Constitution? We’ll announce the winners on tomorrow’s TEMS hour with Kevin McCullough!

Previous winners:

• Siccing Tim Geithner and Charlie Rangel on tax cheats
  • Phony Churchill quote on torture throws Grandpa under the bus
  • Torture probe flip-flop
  • Obama covers up IHS while quoting Jesus
  • Austrian is a language?
  • Obama bows to the Saudi king
  • 1908 Model T got better gas mileage than today’s SUVs

Comments

Wow too many choices ed. You should have us rank them in order of stupidity…

jbh45 on May 31, 2009 at 9:37 AM

the fundraiser, he pushed the saved jobs lie.

rob verdi on May 31, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Off topic:

Ed, what about the Obama’s NYC date last night. Any chance we can comment on that…

jbh45 on May 31, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I agree, too many to really wisely choose. But I don’t think I could rank them in order of stupidity either because there are at least three that rate “stupidest”.

katablog.com on May 31, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Too hard, too hard. They are all spectacular Barry Soetoro aka Barack Obama acts of stupidity.

sinsing on May 31, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Well people in Vegas “get” the whole “do as I say” thingy. After all, the whole freakin’ town is built on that principle, ain’t it?

Wanderlust on May 31, 2009 at 9:48 AM

How can it be that the TOTUS can make so many idiotic mistakes?

BottomLine5 on May 31, 2009 at 9:49 AM

In 2010, TOTUS became self aware.

blatantblue on May 31, 2009 at 9:52 AM

20 centuries ago, that is the winner for me. Ogabe tries to be erudite and ends up looking like a moron.

Bishop on May 31, 2009 at 9:53 AM

“We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem.”

The Barack O’prompter slam, bam, chutz-pow gaffe of the week….

sven10077 on May 31, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Bishop on May 31, 2009 at 9:53 AM

he is just conflating his Me$$iah complex with a slightly less important event….

sven10077 on May 31, 2009 at 9:54 AM

BottomLine5 on May 31, 2009 at 9:49 AM

So does my boss.

ss396 on May 31, 2009 at 9:55 AM

What about his comment that he hopes the SCOTUS nomination will process go smoothly when he voted to filibuster Sameul Alito as a Senator?

NeoKong on May 31, 2009 at 9:56 AM

NeoKong on May 31, 2009 at 9:56 AM

if we chronicled his every hypocritical uttering it’d crash the server….

sven10077 on May 31, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Yes indeed, too many choices Ed.

Lets eliminate the ones that 75% of Americans wouldn’t even notice.

1) Americans are too shallow to realize that ChimpyO got us into this mess and now he is criticizing his exact policies.

3) These same idiots will think that since “The One” calls Pakistan, “Pockeeston “, that they must have been pronouncing it wrong all these years.

4) Same as #1

6) Sine “The Messiah” insists that 20 centuries is when the Constitution was written, it must be really, really old and outdated and it must be changed.

7) William who?

8) Well hell yes! The gals always have trouble with their Cover Girl foundations smearing on their pillows.

That leaves #2 and #5 that the average moron American might have a problem with. Since #5 is a tempest in a teapot, the disrespect toward the troops is my pick for today.

Screw you ChimpyO! My stomach turns every time I remember that you are the CinC to the best America has to offer. You aren’t worthy to lick their boots.

csdeven on May 31, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Memorial Day moment of silence on the golf course

I just slap my head and think “Can you imagine….” Can you imagine. Can. You. Imagine. The media will regret their double standard when it came to W and covering-up everything for this amateur. It begins with newspapers and cable news ratings…

Marcus on May 31, 2009 at 10:01 AM

All of the above?

Mommynator on May 31, 2009 at 10:02 AM

How about: “So explain to me exactly what this National Geospatial…” Obama said, after the worker mentioned his employer, according to a video of the event.

But of the ones listed I went with the first one. Although I’m not sure it’s an amateurism as much as an admission that he knows that what he is doing is disastrous.

IU_Conservative on May 31, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Wait…I want to add my own: Ogabe refusing to sell Israel a handful of Apache helos because they might use them to kill Palestinian thug terrorists.

I believe that happened last week, if it did then I vote for that.

Bishop on May 31, 2009 at 10:04 AM

If I look at what has the most impact or potential impact, I have to go with the Memorial Day golf outing. I thought the “we can’t keep spending” comment was big but, I already know he’s a sociopathic liar. The whole golf thing just pretty much reinforced how I think he “supports” the troops. This President is sending us down a dangerous path in so many ways. He either is ignorant and doesn’t see it or he knows exactly what he is doing and is evil. That would be an interesting topic for a poll, Ed.

MarkABinVA on May 31, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Comments overheard at a major newspaper board meeting:

“If we were all conservatives, our papers would be flooded with all these Obama Goofs. Appearently, our bias isn’t selling very well.”

“What do you mean, we’re out of popcorn, Mr. Keller?”

Rovin on May 31, 2009 at 10:13 AM

The media has to beg for forgiveness from Dan Quayle.

Daggett on May 31, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Obama is a disgrace and an embarrassment.

elduende on May 31, 2009 at 10:20 AM

sean hannity was at the Virginia GoP convention yesterday. he grabbed the teleprompter & said something about bambi sleeping with it.

sean is great live on stage.

not selling Israel the apaches should be considered a crime, not a mere goof.

kelley in virginia on May 31, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Wow too many choices ed. You should have us rank them in order of stupidity…

Good idea. What do you think, Ed?

jgapinoy on May 31, 2009 at 10:22 AM

Where’s “E: All of the above”?

Dagnar on May 31, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Soooo many choices!

I gotta go with the ‘Christitution’ that was written 2000 years ago.

I missed that one. That is awesome!

Mr Purple on May 31, 2009 at 10:40 AM

20 centuries ago? I’m gonna send that clip to all my liberal friends and tell them Obama wants us to get back to Biblical principles and he’s going to have the supreme court rule using the Bible instead of the constitution.

boomer on May 31, 2009 at 10:49 AM

MarkABinVA on May 31, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Agreed – it would make for an interesting poll. I know what I’VE thought since before the election….

sanguine1 on May 31, 2009 at 10:54 AM

[jbh45 on May 31, 2009 at 9:37 AM]

I have to go with the deficits, but you are right, most of these could be an X’ism of the Week or even Month for any other president.

Dusty on May 31, 2009 at 10:55 AM

have any of ya’ll read this article about Gibbs and the British Press? comments are great also.

la.rt.wngr on May 31, 2009 at 10:56 AM

jbh45 on May 31, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I agree. I can’t afford to go to NYC for dinner and a show, why should I pay for them to do so?

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Hey! Give the guy a break. It is obvious that he is Math Challenged what between him asserting that the Constitution was written 20 centuries ago and his not being able to tell the difference between a Million, a Billion and a Trillion when he does the budget.

Uniblogger on May 31, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Captain Ed

Lots of choices indeed but you should have mentioned his reference to illegal immigrants as “undocumented workers” . These are the words of a far left loon from someone who has given an oath to uphold the laws of the land. This is beyond the pale.

Basilsbest on May 31, 2009 at 11:42 AM

The sad thing is that his followers; half the country – are either unaware or unconcerned with these statements.

Star20 on May 31, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Obama said that? charlatan, usurper, manchurian, liar, hubris, arrogant, incompetent, asshat, marxist, racist, Do we have to wait four years?

daesleeper on May 31, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Guys you left off all the dates and parties while the republic crumbles. Where’s his fiddle?

Is anyone tracking all the parties, vacations, trips? B. Hussein doesn’t seem to be doing any actual work for the money we’re paying him.

dogsoldier on May 31, 2009 at 11:54 AM

It must be tough for the Main Stream Media to have to lock these juicy statements in their bottom desk drawers when they have copy deadlines to meet each day.

Oh well, they can always recycle a ‘Blame it on Bush‘ story.

Uniblogger on May 31, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Honestly, if I thought he was really working hard, I wouldn’t begrudge him some time off. That has to be a very stressful job.

But I don’t see him working really hard as President, I just see him playing hard at being President.

And my vote was the Memorial Day moment of silence. Disgraceful.

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 12:06 PM

My vote is for the Memorial Day “moment of silence”… Sending from my watch station in the Pentagon…

Khun Joe on May 31, 2009 at 12:27 PM

At some time in the distant future some media type will look at Ed’s voluminous list of Obamateurisms and exclaim: “I had no idea. How did I miss these?” The sad part is that he will be deadly serious.

SKYFOX on May 31, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Another tough collection of embarrassments for the Obama in Chief. I went with the “20 centuries” comment because, like the “57 states” boner, it just underscores the fact that Obama really doesn’t know much (or at least, think much) about the historical and physical reality of the country he governs.

His world view, and specifically his view of this county, is a hypothetical construct built on the ramblings of his far Left, grievance-mongering mentors. I have never yet heard this President talk about American exceptionalism. That, more than any other single thing, disturbs me.

cruadin on May 31, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I went with door number A. If we can’t pretend deficits don’t matter, then quit making record level deficits. You are spending your daughters’ future.

rbj on May 31, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Obama: What do you do Walter?
Walter: I work at, uh, NGA, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Obama: Outstanding, how long you been doing that?
Walter: About six years
Obama: Yea?
Walter: Yes.
Obama: You like it?
Walter: I do, keeps me…
Obama: So explain to me exactly what this National Geospatial…uh…
Walter: Uh, we work with, uh, satellite imagery..
Obama: Right
Walter: [unintelligible] …support systems, so…
Obama: Sounds like good work.
Walter: Enjoy the weekend.
Obama: Appreciate it.

Schadenfreude on May 31, 2009 at 1:45 PM

This was a no brainer for me. When the man charged with protecting our Constitution thinks it was “put to paper more than 20 centuries ago” it shows just how bad Americas pick for POYUS was. How does that saying go? Stupid is as stupid does?

So, who is less intelligent. The TOTUS POTUS, or the people who voted for him? After all, this IS what Americans voted for.

DannoJyd on May 31, 2009 at 2:02 PM

This was a toughie, but I went with numero uno.

OneGyT on May 31, 2009 at 2:11 PM

I really love these – they are so much fun.

BUT AGAIN – A REQUEST!!!

If you could just put a link to those stories (even if you have to list the links below the poll) that would be so helpful.

For instance, I missed the thing about “constitution put to paper more than 20 centuries ago. I would like to check that out (and do it before voting in the poll).

Alana on May 31, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Tough choice, because the idiot-in-chief is such a flaming numbskull, but I had to go with the ‘constitution 20 centuries ago’, fitting for a man who is putting the tenets of that document, which he knows nothing about despite having been a so-called scholar, into the paper shredder in his presidency.

TeeDee on May 31, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I just watched David Axelrod on Wolf Blitzer (that’s the tv news choice here) claim that the PUSOTS is a Constitutional scholar; you would think that in the Constitutional kindergarten session they would briefly touch on 1786 for at the very least some giggles.

ericdijon on May 31, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Very tough choices. The Vegas buffoonery is the height of hypocrisy. Either that or the Barack One doesn’t actually comprehend the words put on the TelePromptr by Axelrod.

PS..Anyone else wondering why the Tiller Shot Dead thread was dormant all day?

Western_Civ on May 31, 2009 at 7:44 PM

PS..Anyone else wondering why the Tiller Shot Dead thread was dormant all day?

Western_Civ on May 31, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Tiller is a non-story at HA unless Meghan McCain can be tied into it somehow.

Mr Purple on May 31, 2009 at 8:15 PM

PS..Anyone else wondering why the Tiller Shot Dead thread was dormant all day?

Western_Civ on May 31, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Tiller is a non-story at HA unless Meghan McCain can be tied into it somehow.

Excellent point. She could be weaved in there. “What does Meghan McCain think about …?”

Western_Civ on May 31, 2009 at 8:23 PM

DannoJyd on May 31, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I agree 100%

The man claims to be a constitutional scholar, and yet he makes an error like this?

I can understand that he has a lot to think about, and is allowed to slip up, given someone else writes his speeches. But is he on autopilot all the time? Can’t he think on his toes at least once in a while?

Above all the other choices, this incident shows that the guy isn’t thinking at all when he talks. He is on automatic.

UltimateBob on May 31, 2009 at 11:04 PM

PS..Anyone else wondering why the Tiller Shot Dead thread was dormant all day?

Western_Civ on May 31, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Can we please not hijack this thread with another topic? Thanks.

UltimateBob on May 31, 2009 at 11:05 PM

20 centuries ago is my pick– Obongo, what a buffoon.

tbear44 on May 31, 2009 at 11:40 PM