Blaming Obama for the night on Broadway?

posted at 11:00 am on May 31, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

Date Night at the Morrissey residence tends towards the modest.  When the First Mate and I go out on the town, we usually have a quiet dinner and a movie in the local suburbs.  Occasionally, we’ll go into the city to see a show and try a more expensive restaurant as a treat, but when we do, we usually just drive ourselves and don’t take three Gulfstream jets to go there.  Our nation’s First Couple have a different style:

President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama landed in New York Saturday afternoon, and after taking a helicopter from JFK into Manhattan, drove up the West Side Highway, where the northbound lanes were shut down by police for their visit, past Ground Zero, into the Village for dinner at the Village’s Blue Hill restaurant. From there, they went north to Times Square, where they went to to see a production of “Joe Turner’s Come and Gone” at the Belasco Theater on West 44 Street.

Deputy Press Secretary Josh Earnest read a statement from Obama: “I am taking my wife to New York City because I promised her during the campaign that I would take her to a Broadway show after it was all finished.”

Asked about the cost of the trip, which Republicans have criticized as indulgent, coming just ahead of the expected announcement of GM’s bankruptcy filing on Monday, Josh Earnest told pool reporter Dave Michaels of the Dallas Morning News, that he “didn’t anticipate being able to provide a cost estimate tonight.” …

The president traveled in a smaller, Gulfstream-type plane rather than the larger planes typically used as Air Force One. Two other planes carried staff and reporters.

Sounds like a great night out on the town, Mr. President.  Glad we could pick up the tab for it. I guess the FM and I will have to skip a few Date Nights for ourselves to pay for all of that.

Presidents do go on vacation, of course, to get away from the pressures of the Beltway.  They go out for nights on the town, too.  Jazz Shaw, calling this Date Night a “dim move,” reminds us that Bush liked to move DC west every August:

If you didn’t complain – and do so loudly and often – about President Bush shattering all previous records for presidential vacation time in the midst of two wars that he began and various other crises, you should know how you look if you complain now. All those trips to Crawford and other destinations were on the public dime, involving Air Force One, staffers, supporting crew, etc. And they cost a fortune. If you take to the streets in manufactured outrage over this evening out, you are hypocrites, and there’s really no other way to put it.

Now, for the rest of our friends, if you were critical of President Bush for his vacationing ways, will you really just shrug your shoulders and say this is “no big deal” since it’s Obama going out on the town? The trip still involved three Gulfstream Jets, a large staff and press corps following, blocking off traffic for hours across several blocks in Manhattan on a Saturday afternoon and evening and a total taxpayer bill which the White House couldn’t even estimate for us. And it took place not only in the midst of two hot wars, but on the eve of GM likely going bankrupt and a rising unemployment rate where millions of Americans are wondering if they’ll be able to afford all their groceries next month. Could the optics of this Broadway fiasco possibly be any worse?

Why use Gulfstream planes at all?  Why not just use Air Force One, which would likely have kept at least one of the other planes on the ground, instead?  Perhaps the White House wanted to emphasize the non-official nature of the visit; I suspect they didn’t want AF1 to return to New York City’s skies so soon after the Scare Force One fiasco.  However, AF1 is built to keep the President in close touch with the government in times of crisis.  It exists for precisely that reason, and is meticulously maintained to ensure the safest possible flight.

But the real foolishness was the Gulfstream and helicopters for the media.  Are we to believe that the national news media has no reporters in New York City?  The BIg Apple isn’t exactly the Badlands of the Dakotas, or the remote peaks of the Rockies, in terms of media saturation.  It looks like Obama wanted to make this a media event and didn’t mind using three planeloads of taxpayer money to stage it.

And can anyone calculate the carbon footprint of three Gulfstream jets, three helicopters, and all the stalled traffic in New York City?  I’d say that it reaches Goracle-like levels.

As Gail Gitcho of the RNC asked, why not take Michelle out for a night at the Kennedy Center instead, where the President has a reserved seat and only needs to travel across DC?  I know he promised her a Broadway play, but I’m pretty sure he’d still have her vote in 2012.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9

We shall see what we see, but since roughly half the country considers themselves to be prolife.

And law-abiding.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Do I have to pay the fee for the wire transfer?

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Joking aside, my only real request is that the next time you mail your son, let him know someone in China knows he’s there, is proud he’s standing the line and knows he’ll be home safe.

DarkCurrent on May 31, 2009 at 6:05 PM

April:

If the doctor was shot some 15 years ago for doing late term abortions, I doubt that anything O’Reilley or Beck said had anything to do with this. It sounds like he was quite well known long ago.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:03 PM

But he had sort of fallen off the radar in recent years – was my point.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Loxodonta on May 31, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Scary, not an adjective normally used to define me but I’ll take it. In retrospect I guess it is funny but as I have mentioned I can go into mom mode in a split second. Is buying groceries at a convenience store a single guy or a NYC thing? Or both?

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:07 PM

April:

That is right they do consider themselves to be law abiding. Which is why they are not going to turn on themselves and blame themselves because some sad sick person committed a crime.

And the association between Gore and the Unabomber would be the fact that they both had a pathological attachment to environmentalism.

But no, I don’t blame Gore for the unabomber. He was a very sick man. The unabomber I mean. Gore is just a kook.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:08 PM

But he had sort of fallen off the radar in recent years – was my point.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Being off the radar didn’t mean he had stopped performing late term abortions. O’Reilly and Beck shouldn’t be blamed for bringing up the topic.

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:09 PM

So, anyone reporting the news can be liable for their death later.
Give your brain cell a break, you’re working it too hard.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 5:54 PM
Ahh, that’s not what I was implying – give your cell in
charge of reading comprehension a boost baby.

Yeah, just like Al Gore is responsible for the Unabomber.

ddrintn on May 31, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Why – because he invented the internet?

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:03 PM

No, it’s what you implied, einstein.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I should be a hermit :-(

DarkCurrent on May 31, 2009 at 5:10 PM

You’ll need shortening, sugar, eggs, milk, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, mace, baking powder, and raisins.

Maybe Cindy will share her recipe.

Loxodonta on May 31, 2009 at 6:09 PM

April:

He might have fallen off your radar, but for all we know the man who killed him was very much aware of him. After all, it did not take Fox news to get people interested in him in the first place.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:10 PM

But he had sort of fallen off the radar in recent years – was my point.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:06 PM

You should really give Robert Gibbs a call. He seems to be able to interpret and figure what democrat’s really MEANT to say.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:10 PM

On behalf of the Feline Society, my cat, President and CEO of said society, would like you to be aware that as soon as she is done licking her butt, she will be filing suit on behalf of all felines that have been injured by your flagrant defamation of character.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I’m sorry but one cannot be defamed by the truth.

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:11 PM

Disturb:

yes, after all…what if one of those horrid evil capitalists who had the pitch forks after them had been killed by one of the ACORN people…would that have been Obama’s fault? Perish the thought.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:11 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:10 PM

You should really call him – I think he’s more your type than mine.

I’m already married.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:11 PM

And, of course, we must never say that jihad or honor killing have anything whatsoever to do with Islam. To even imply it is the worst bigotry.

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Maybe Cindy will share her recipe.

Loxodonta on May 31, 2009 at 6:09 PM

My uncle was a hermit/mountain man. I visited quite a few times as a kid. I think I also need a bunch of chickens, a duck pond, a small herd of goats and a pet deer named ‘doobbie’. A few rifles, a shotgun, CB radio and an old jeep.

DarkCurrent on May 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

April:

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I’m waiting for the press conference – I know nothing about the killer.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

this thread is ruined… and I apologize for my roll in it’s downfall… I hope we get another post about this “date” later in the week so we can actually discuss it…

Ampersand on May 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

DarkCurrent on May 31, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Thank you very much. I will.

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Loxodonta on May 31, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Who would have guessed that Loxadonta is really Paul Shanklin? Great parody!

Dee2008 on May 31, 2009 at 6:15 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:10 PM
You should really call him – I think he’s more your type than mine.

I’m already married.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:13 PM

True democrat, not for sex, but, so he can intepret what you REALLY meant to say.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:15 PM

Why – because he invented the internet?

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:03 PM

When they arrested the Unabomber he had a well worn copy of “Earth in the Balance” in his position. I believe that was the book.

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

As I posted earlier – BOR launched a vigerous campaign against Dr. Tiller and basically mainstreamed him back under the public’s eye once again.

I would have thought that about the DA’s who prosecuted him last year. Putting people on trial has a way of making the news.

Are they to blame for his killing?

Pablo on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

April:

You know nothing about the killer? And yet that did not stop you did it?

So, if it turns out he watches O’Reilley, will we have to ban the topic of abortion from the air waves and TV?

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Ampersand on May 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Obama’s big date…dead abortionists…cats…this is one schizophrenic thread.

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

And law-abiding.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:05 PM

April:

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I meant the pro-life public.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 5:52 PM
I’m sorry but one cannot be defamed by the truth.

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:11 PM

*Feline launches furball at ladyingray*

I have no control over my own cat. BTW, she is gray as well, so she is a ‘ladyingray’ as well.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:17 PM

The pro-life public is law abiding and do not kill abortionists.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Ampersand:

yeah, you are right. Guilty as charged.

Now, for Obama. He is wasting everyone’s money so that he can whine and dine the little lady and the media will just slobber all over both of them.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM

But he had sort of fallen off the radar in recent years – was my point.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:06 PM

April -

Would it be wonderful if you “fell off the radar?”

bw222 on May 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM

OT… This is scary.. http://www.judicialwatch.org/news/2009/may/judicial-watch-obtains-obama-commerce-department-documents-detailing-acorn-partnership

Census
On April 23, 2009 around 10am a black census taker came to my door, since I had already filled out and mailed a census, I told him that I couldn’t let him fill out another one. He then asked to come in and look around. I told him that he could not and although his Official Census ID was visiable, I asked him for his ACORN ID. I know that no real census taker would not ask to come into my home to look around. I shut the door and locked it and ran to the back to see 3 black men in a red car start to pull in my alley and driveway, but when they saw me, they went straight. I called the police and reported the incident. Again, I had to call the police at 2am on 4/24 to report the theft of our lawnmower out of our shed by the alley. I can’t prove anything, but I took this as a threat that they thought they could do anything they wanted to. If there is a next time you can bet I’ll be waiting with my own protection.

reshas1 on May 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM

April:

That is right, the prolife public does not endorse murder…so why are you lecturing us?

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:19 PM

Obama’s big date…dead abortionists…cats…this is one schizophrenic thread.

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Be glad blatenblue wasn’t here or it would also be about sex.

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:19 PM

April:

You know nothing about the killer? And yet that did not stop you did it?

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

No, but Bill O’Reilly perhaps – should not only stop smearing people and their blogs – perhaps he shouldn’t gin up the public about a man who was ultimately found innocent.

I seriously do not believe Bill O’Reilly is Pro-Life anyway.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

The killer of John Lennon had a copy of Catcher in the Rye.

J.D. Salinger has not written a word since.

Don’t you wish Gore were more like Salinger?

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:21 PM

And, we are now reduced to arguing with aprilorit. I suspect she may actually be Meghan McCain.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:20 PM

It’s a boring Sunday afternoon…April was just a handy target.

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM

maverick muse on May 31, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Thanks.

Loxodonta on May 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I guess you can only eat so much $100/pound steak at home. It gets old pretty quickly.

I think their next date night ought to be a jaunt to Indonesia. The US is so yesterday.

progressoverpeace on May 31, 2009 at 6:23 PM

The primary beneficiary of Dr. Tiller’s murder is MSM. Watch it use this unfortunate event to:
- Label Pro-Life supporters as extremists and murders
- Push for strong gun control
- Use it as a wedge to reinstate the so-called “Fairness Doctrine”

Remember, there is no more dishonest group of people in the world than the American media

bw222 on May 31, 2009 at 6:23 PM

bw222 on May 31, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Excellent points.

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:24 PM

bw222 on May 31, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Hmm. Perhaps a liberal conspiracy is behind the killing.

April?

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Slow day at Hot Air =)

Dee2008 on May 31, 2009 at 6:26 PM

bw222 on May 31, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Hmm. Perhaps a liberal conspiracy is behind the killing.

April?

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Was Bill alive when JFK was shot???? Hmmmm…

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:27 PM

progressoverpeace:

Ah yes, Indonesia. Or some third world country with a bankrupt economy and a corrupt self serving political class. He would fit right in.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Scary, not an adjective normally used to define me but I’ll take it.

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:07 PM

At a certain point in my life, I realized that women are quite different from men. And if you’re not very careful with women, they can cause a lot of trouble.

Loxodonta on May 31, 2009 at 6:28 PM

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Holy cow, I didn’t realize he was still alive. Amazing. Yes, I do wish that Mr. Gore would follow Mr. Salinger in may respects. He hasn’t given an interview since 1980, I’d settle for tomorrow as Algore’s cut off date.

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:28 PM

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:21 PM

By this logic, doesn’t it follow that some Olberman fan could grab a gun and go looking for teabaggers? Yikes!

Dee2008 on May 31, 2009 at 6:29 PM

ladyingray:

Not as boring as some. At least it stopped raining here. I worked on the garden and mowed the yard and did the trim and washed windows. And it is still day light. I feel kind of guilty just sitting here typing away when a pretty sunny day is on display out there.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I want to personally apologize to April Orit. I should have been a little nicer to her. She at least doesn’t hit and run like Bunny Shaker and she backs up her arguments better than getalife ever could. *Flicks Bic, burning finger for getalife*

I’m sorry, April. I was mean to say you only have one brain cell. It wasn’t very nice of me. I still don’t agree with anything you say, but you have been a willing frick to our frack.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Loxodonta on May 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM

You had me fooled with the morphine drip joke the other month. Then, with no tv or radio and the damned stairwell, suffice it to say, glad to hear that you’re a big ol’ bloke in good health.

On extravagance, spreading the wealth has funneled everything we may have had yesterday into Obama’s camp.

So we mere mortals live on air at times.

maverick muse on May 31, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Dee2008:

Yes, but that would be different. Besides Olby fans do not believe in guns, guns are bad. They would just drive a car into a crowd or something.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Dee2008 on May 31, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Dammit. Could we put the word ‘teabagger’ to rest, along with ‘taint’. I protested on April 15th, but you can ask my husband, I am not a ‘teabagger’, much to his displeasure.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM

April:

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I am not lecturing anyone, sorry you feel that way.

As for reporting about abortion, Bill O’Reilly would be the first person to inform you that he isn’t a reporter – he’s an opinion commentator.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:33 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Really.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Dee2008:

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Oh don’t believe that one – those Far left Wingers love their guns also, and they use them too.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:35 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM
Really.

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:34 PM

I hope you accept my apology. And yes, really.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:35 PM

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:33 PM

So the 1st Amendment doesn’t apply to him?

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:36 PM

Loxodonta on May 31, 2009 at 6:28 PM

That was funny. You know they wouldn’t let Harpo get away with that now. And the girl would probably kick his butt. I am not sure that people having your email is helpful since if you aren’t messing with your computer then your wouldn’t look at that either. Just tell me that even in your solitude that you see someone on a regular basis so that if you did take another fall you wouldn’t be on your own for more than a day or two. Would you mailman notice if you didn’t get your mail? I am sorry I don’t mean to be a nag and maybe now that I know this can happen it won’t throw me if it happens again.

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:37 PM

April:

So, then it is okay to report about abortion, but not to have an opinion on it?

Did you ever see the Fisher King ? Robin Williams was the man who was driven mad by the senseless killing of his wife and Jeff Bridges was the shock jock who made a comment on the radio that sent the crazy man over the edge.

Point being that if simply publicly stating an adverse opinion about late term abortions makes someone responsible for someone else’s act of murder then I guess we will just have to do away with that whole Freedom of Speech thing in our Constitution.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Um, Terrye, you didn’t mention getting the ox out of the ditch….don’t you know that is the only work you’re allowed to do on Sunday? LOL

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Apologies for the use of that disgusting word. I’m cleaning my keyboard as I type this.

Dee2008 on May 31, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Disturb the Universe:

You and I seem to be having this twin brain thing going.

I am thinking of a number between 1 and 7…what is it?

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:39 PM

AprilOrit on May 31, 2009 at 6:35 PM

So, you admit they’re a bunch of lying hypocrites.

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:40 PM

ladyingray:

Well I don’t have the cows anymore, so there are no oxes. I did have to get the bull out of the tulips once though.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I dunno. 3?

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM

LOL!! TMI!!!

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM

I am thinking of a number between 1 and 7…what is it?

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:39 PM

The Precedent: “That would be … 28.3″

MSM: Correct, sir. You are the greatest.

progressoverpeace on May 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Was it tiptoeing?

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM

April:

I am more than willing to admit that there are people on both extremes who are more than willing to do anything to get their way..I just do not think O’Reilley is one of them and what is more I think you would be surprised at how many people would have real qualms about late term abortion.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:43 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM
LOL!! TMI!!!

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Well hell. Do you want to be referred to as a ‘teabagger’ and then talk about ‘taints’? Talk about ruining our reputations?!??!??!!

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:43 PM

ladyingray:

No, it was eating. Just munching away. I walked up and slapped him on the ass and told him to get back to his pin. Usually that worked when he got out. But he decided that he had enough of me and he decided to charge me. I had to run up the porch steps and into the house to get away from him. Even then he could have come right through the wall if he had really wanted to.

He was not for this world after that. He never did settle down. Tetesterone overload.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:45 PM

I didn’t have a chance to skim all 670 comments yet but I wonder if anyone has remarked on this sentence structure yet?

Is the Broadway show all finished?

ericdijon on May 31, 2009 at 6:47 PM

That should be testosterone. I am so old that I rarely encounter it anymore. Forgot how to spell it.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Is the Broadway show all finished?

ericdijon on May 31, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Maybe he meant ruining the U.S. economy.

aero on May 31, 2009 at 6:48 PM

ericdijon on May 31, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Dangling those modifiers is so unpresidential.

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Too funny. I live fairly close to a farm. One morning, not long after we moved here, three cows just came walking through the backyard, mosying along, eating grass…drove my border collie nuts but they just kept their jaunty walk and went on to the next yard.

They did get home safe and sound, btw.

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:49 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Okay, I’m gonna admit my ignorance. Has the word “taint” taken on a new meaning now too? Do I need to consult the Urban Dictionary again?

Dee2008 on May 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Maybe he meant ruining the U.S. economy.

aero on May 31, 2009 at 6:48 PM

How do you ruin something that is already for shit?

Monkei on May 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM

ladyingray:

We used to keep a bell on the boss cow. We knew that if anyone got out, it would be her or she would somehow be involved. I have gone into the woods in the middle of the night more than once listening for the sound of bells.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:43 PM

There was an article in the headlines written about this obnoxious term being associated with the tea parties and the writer had his email address at the bottom. Eric somebody….anyway I emailed him. We exchanged several emails but he wouldn’t come off his point that the organizers should have seen it coming when they decided to use the term tea party. Yes, because that is the first thing that comes to your mind, right? I also made the mistake of calling it juvenile so he was personally affronted. Thin skinned name callers, who knew!!

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:53 PM

ericdijon on May 31, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Don’t get all picky about his basic grammar, now. That’s just unfair and small-minded. It’s not as if he was ever the editor of a journal, or anything.

progressoverpeace on May 31, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Monkei:

Oh I don’t know, I would say Obama is doing a bang up job of tanking the economy. Back when the Democrats took control of Congress in 2006, the economy was in pretty good shape. Now look at it. Needless to say the only thing they can think to do is blame Bush. Same old same old.

Someday that won’t be enough.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Ampersand on May 31, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Obama’s big date…dead abortionists…cats…this is one schizophrenic thread.

Disturb the Universe on May 31, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I think one could add cows to that list…LOL

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Guess what I just heard…….?

“President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama landed in New York Saturday afternoon, and after taking a helicopter from JFK into Manhattan, drove up the West Side Highway, where the northbound lanes were shut down by police for their visit, past Ground Zero, into the Village for dinner at the Village’s Blue Hill restaurant.”

……… Maybe Ed will start a post about this!!!

Seven Percent Solution on May 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM

How do you ruin something that is already for shit?

Monkei on May 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM

You pour gasoline on it and light it up.

progressoverpeace on May 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:43 PM

Dee2008 on May 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Oh boy. Okay, it is the area between where democrats put their heads and the tea bags.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Cindy:

Te be honest, I don’t think that most people knew what the term teabaggers even meant first. So it did not come to mind.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:55 PM

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:49 PM

When we first moved into our house we could tell that something had been at our newly laid sod but didn’t think much of it. Then one Sunday morning something went by the bedroom window that literally blocked out the Sun. I jumped up and ran out side to see a whole family of pigs. The adult pigs were HUGE. They had gotten out of their pen at a local farm. Wish I had thought to grab a camera.

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Someday that won’t be enough.

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Oh yes, afterall my 401K and the economy was doing incredibly well in January, home sales were outstanding, auto industry in black ink and the banks were all doing incredibly well. We are talking about this past January, right?

Who needs to blame Bush. It all went to crap as soon as Obama got in office!

I know it’s the “thing” for GOP heads to rewrite history, but heck, I didn’t know you could already re-write January 2009!

Monkei on May 31, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:57 PM

You should have grabbed a knife! BBQ Ribs! YUM!

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Seven Percent Solution on May 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Never going to happen.

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Did I mention HUGE!!!!

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Baby pigs! Did I say RIBS????

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Monkei:

Rewrite history? I don’t know, it seems to me that people like Shumer and Frank and Dodd are trying to do just that. They not only did nothing to stop the financial crisis they helped it along. And when Bush actually did question Congress about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac the Democrats were outraged, absolutely outraged that Bush might think of making it more difficult for people to get money.

The truth is the Democrats are every bit as responsible as the GOP and even more so. And even now all they can think to do is spend trillions of dollars we do not have on all sorts of crap we do not need.

I am tired of listening to Democrats blame everyone else for everything. That is all they do, even when they have total control of the government all they can do is whine and moan and complain.

Tell me, when the GOP and Bush were in control and Pelosi and Reid were not, how was that 401K doing?

Terrye on May 31, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Monkei on May 31, 2009 at 6:57 PM

…..And let us not forget WHO was in charge of the congress when the economy started going to sh*t….2007, 2008…2009 the democrats. They are in charge of the purse strings, dummy.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 7:03 PM

ladyingray on May 31, 2009 at 6:58 PM
Did I mention HUGE!!!!

Cindy Munford on May 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Infadels.

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 7:04 PM

How do you ruin something that is already for shit?

Monkei on May 31, 2009 at 6:51 PM

I’d suggest this thread may be a perfect example.

Readymade on May 31, 2009 at 7:04 PM

e structure yet?

Is the Broadway show all finished?

ericdijon on May 31, 2009 at 6:47 PM

aero, ruining the economy…

b-b-b-baby, you ain’t seen nuthin yet!

maverick muse on May 31, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Now, THAT is “American arrogance.”

mankai on May 31, 2009 at 7:07 PM

It’s not as if he was ever the editor of a journal, or anything.

progressoverpeace on May 31, 2009 at 6:53 PM

nothing like precedent

maverick muse on May 31, 2009 at 7:09 PM

HornetSting on May 31, 2009 at 1:14 PM

You nailed it – I just put in the link.

massrighty on May 31, 2009 at 7:10 PM