Video: “Young Conservatives” rap

posted at 6:26 pm on May 29, 2009 by Allahpundit

It’s making the rounds on Twitter and destined for viral status so you might as well watch it now. I want to call shenanigans and say this is a false-flag operation, but how often do you see a political parody play it absolutely straight? If this were a goof, surely there’d be some sign — an obviously jokey line, a bit of comic overacting, something.

Dude, I think it’s legit.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I like it.

ackrite55 on May 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Ow,ow, my eyes; my ears. I’d accuse Steele, but maybe it’s Allah’s revenge — payback for all the criticism.

Vanilla Ice’s twin sons?

Feedie on May 29, 2009 at 8:01 PM

Heh, that was entertaining. Word.

CP on May 29, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Here’s some rap for ya:

Pull Your Pants Up

SheofTwoMinds on May 29, 2009 at 8:14 PM

That was…. disturbing.

Anyway, AllahPundit, how can you even wonder about the realness:

Dude, I think it’s legit.

Did you follow the link from the YouTube page to their web page… AND THEY ACTUALLY LINK TO HOTAIR!

You betta recognize.

RightWinged on May 29, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I liked the lyrics!

The grammar was atrocious, but it is rap. Yo.

eforhan on May 29, 2009 at 8:21 PM

did they record their vocals with their webcam’s built-in mic? Dear lord that sound quality is terrible.

cameo on May 29, 2009 at 8:23 PM

I’m surprised by the amount of disapproval here.

Our conservative brand is looking for a messenger. This messenger needs to convey the truth about our beliefs and why our ideology works (in theory and practice).

And yet, when someone/some group comes along and presents the information amidst some style and flair, many of our “own” are there to try to shut them down.

The incorrect, abrasive and intellectually bankrupt consumption of (and condescencion upon) our ascending conservative leaders and messengers painfully continues.

By shutting up our messengers, we continue to prevent our own return to power.

I approve of the message, the messengers AND the media… even though my musical tastes lie elsewhere.

knob on May 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I like it.

ackrite55 on May 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Me too!

SoldiersMom on May 29, 2009 at 8:26 PM

knob on May 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Ignore those of us who are old and cranky, we will say something you like later on a different thread.

Cindy Munford on May 29, 2009 at 8:27 PM

If you can’t march or hold your hand over your heart to it, it’s not good right wing music. I am a right winger. Music hasn’t ever been one of our selling points for the reasons aforementioned. Its connected to nationalist outpouring which is usually the direct result of great national calamity, challenge or distress.

pc on May 29, 2009 at 8:30 PM

By shutting up our messengers, we continue to prevent our own return to power.
knob on May 29, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Nobody is shutting them up. Creative uses are key. It makes a good weapon in areas where crap music is tolerated in the malls. Play it loud in affluent liberal neighborhoods, for instance. You know, areas with lots of rich phonies like Marin County, CA. The areas that “go green” and ban clothes lines.

If they complain, accuse them of bigotry, intolerance, and being judgmental.

Feedie on May 29, 2009 at 8:43 PM

I like it.

ackrite55 on May 29, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Me too!

SoldiersMom on May 29, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Keep it up and ignore the naysayers. They wouldn’t like rap even if you rapped them the cure for cancer!

tottoritodd on May 29, 2009 at 8:44 PM

pc on May 29, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Lefty troll. Most preposterous thing I’ve heard today. Tomorrow is another day, however.

John the Libertarian on May 29, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Good Stuff! I liked it!

Indian Outlaw on May 29, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Something tells me most of the negative comments here are from leftist trolls. The vid must have got to them because they are really going after this. Was it posted on Kos or something? Seems like the libtards found this video before any conservatives, if twitter and youtube comments are any indication.

Patriot33 on May 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

pc

I think Ted Nugent might have something to say about this… ;-)

cannonball on May 29, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Patriot33 on May 29, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Which proves my point. It’s a weapon, I say! Produce more and use it!

Feedie on May 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I liked it! I’m not a rap expert but it had a good beat and great lyrics.

Appreciate any effort to get out the conservative message. Thanks guys!

mrsmwp on May 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Being that we go to a school that is 90% democratic, it is not absurd to assume someone passed it on to the left early in the day. There have been many negative responses all over the place, and all we wanted to do was present an alternative view of what most people believe conservatives to be. Conservative views can win any debate with logic so let’s leave the belittling and name calling to the philosophically unequipped.

TheRiddler on May 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Needs more cowbell Jason Mattera.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on May 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM

TheRiddler on May 29, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Hear, hear. I applaud your courage for making and disseminating this. Well done!

Rosmerta on May 29, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Well that was obviously low-budget but I’ll give them the A for the effort and creativity.

ChenZhen on May 29, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Rap is a musical genre that has been repeatedly couched in violence, misogeny and other topics reflective of poor values. It is not something that should be emulated. Rather, it is something that should be criticized and ridiculed. I think that it is ostensibly so well received because it comes predominantly (if not exclusively) from an African American sub-culture, and people dare not criticize it lest they be accused of racism. This general acceptance is a travesty because it essentially promotes the lifestyle and values generally associated with Rap. Typical Rap music should be excoriated at every turn. It is a blow to American culture. (That’s just my opinion, of course. I could be wrong.)

Tiberius2 on May 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Tiberius2 on May 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM

And the corporate slime lapped it up because it was good for the battum lannn.

Feedie on May 29, 2009 at 11:42 PM

And the corporate slime lapped it up because it was good for the battum lannn.

Feedie on May 29, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Yes, very true, but if it was “generally unacceptable” — which it is not — then corporate America wouldn’t have exploited it so much. Corporate America did not seek to capitalize on Michael Richards’ career after his racist tirade, or on OJ Simpson’s career after his murders, because they were generally unacceptable. Rap has never been stigmatized the way it should have been. Instead, I believe it was embraced by many people in a perverse effort to promote diversity. But just because something is different does not mean that it is good.

Tiberius2 on May 29, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Props to ‘em. They cite Atlas Shrugged, which is also nice, but they seem ignorant of Rand’s disdain for Subjectivism (i.e., religion).

Very very welcome in my big tent.

Quetzal on May 30, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Tiberius2 on May 29, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Yeah, and I’m not pointing all fingers in one direction, either. The lack of morals is a systemic problem, and I don’t buy the libertarian Kool-Aid any more. When people achieve a grand level of success (like many corporatists), there is an obligation for leadership and setting a good example. That is one of the intangibles that doesn’t compute into making the most money.

On the two guys who did the video: they are new to this and probably didn’t anticipate criticism from the right. Criticism is not the same as opposition though; they will learn from this experiment and I anticipate it’ll make them better.

I grated my teeth at the non-music of rap-cr*p for so long, I can’t stand anything that sounds like it. Enduring rape-that-ho garbage made a permanent dent, even though these guys meant well. Part of the degradation is generational; today’s tattoos disgust me, but many people who have them are decent. They bear the marks of a degraded society.

So conservative rap-guys, if you’re reading this, I just want you to understand why there is some ridicule from the right. It wasn’t stupidity that urged you on; you tried this out of intelligence and nads. Don’t let this guff discourage you.

Feedie on May 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Steele’s influence on these homies is obvious.

This will appeal to hiphop culture just like palin attracted Hillary Clinton voters.

benny shakar on May 30, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Is there anyone else that loved Atlas Shrugged and is a Christian? I don’t understand why I can’t be a Christian and appreciate the story of small government and personal responsibility by Ayn Rand. My friend and I have had a long day trying to defend the song against the thousands of haters, and thank you for some of the support. We have tried to clear up the common criticisms on our website here to the best of our abilities.

TheRiddler on May 30, 2009 at 2:19 AM

The Riddler:

I read Ayn Rand and while I agreed with a lot of what she said, I thought her books were ponderous and redundant. And the woman was an atheist.

You can not be an objectivist and a Christian. Ayn Rand flelt that looking outside of one’s self for the answer to anything was a crime against the self. She was not into altruism at all, and that includes the concept of Christian charity.

So, yes, you can be a Christian who believes in small government…but Ayn Rand is about a lot more than just small government.

Terrye on May 30, 2009 at 6:33 AM

But I do think these young guys are legit. Interesting.

Terrye on May 30, 2009 at 6:33 AM

TheRiddler, I do think you can be a Christian and an Ayn Rand fan. I am both, and my solution is: I just don’t buy into everything single thing Rand says. She is very vocally against the idea of sacrifice, which I think is foolish. You don’t have to be a hard core Objectivist to understand and appreciate the message in Atlas Shrugged.

dagny on May 30, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Well, I for one liked it. It could definitely use improvement on production and sound, but I give them points for working with what they have. Maybe a conservative music producer could help them out? I think it definitely has a good message that could help the conservative cause.

Dr. Conservative on May 30, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Not bad at all.. I give it 3 stars.

Lyrics – Very Good
Music – Very Good
Potential to Inspire – Excellent

Why not 4 stars? – Those boys need a bit more UMPH!

4 stars with about 20% more passion.

Barrack on May 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM

Dude, I think it’s legit.

Too legit to quit.

jgapinoy on May 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Feedie on May 30, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I certainly did not mean to level harsh criticism at these guys (assuming they are legitimately Conservative). I should have been clearer about that. I was merely criticizing their choice of musical expression. I would encourage them to continue to fight the good fight, of course, but perhaps with a more respectable angle.

Tiberius2 on May 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Tiberius2 on May 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM

They are legit; one of them defends himself on this very thread.

And why is their angle not respectable? They didn’t glorify violence or degrade women in their lyrics, which is what makes most rap not respectable.

Disturb the Universe on May 30, 2009 at 2:58 PM

hahaha
Dude they were AWFUL.
hahaha, you guyz sukk.
The three horrors of contemporary culture, Young Cons “rap”, christian “rock”, and mormon/christian film collaborations.

I hate to break to you AllahP, but you can’t get to cooltown on the conservative express.
lol

strangelet on May 30, 2009 at 3:07 PM

strangelet on May 30, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Didn’t we elect the mayor of cooltown for prez? I think we conservatives are trying to get the hell out of cooltown, thank you.

Disturb the Universe on May 30, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Don’t care who is doing it. No rap, country or kiddy rock (top 40).

oakpack on May 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I enjoyed that. It was catchy. Good message.

“Cool” needs a bigger tent so that these two make the cut.

myrenovations on May 30, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Tiberius2 on May 30, 2009 at 1:32 PM

You do not get it. Kids listen to that style of music. Country music helps but it does not do the job compleletly.
————————————————————-

I am guessing your parents hated elvis or guns n roses.

CWforFreedom on May 31, 2009 at 11:56 AM