Obama vows: I have not yet begun to destroy the economy

posted at 4:05 pm on May 28, 2009 by Allahpundit

A quick-cut compilation of self-congratulation from last night’s fundraiser in L.A., culminating in a threat/promise that we ain’t seen nothing yet. Which is true: If you think it’s bad now, wait until the inevitable cost overruns on universal health care start rolling in and our AAA debt rating gets even shakier. You’ll be pleased to know the crowd to see the world’s biggest celebrity was itself littered with celebrities, some of whom paid $30,000 for a photo with The One and the privilege of hearing him repeat his half-assed nonsense about “creating or saving” jobs at a private dinner. Specter was there too, Obama’s coattails no doubt firmly in hand.

Did he at least have the stones to address Prop 8 and gay marriage, one of the few subjects on which he and the glitterati (ostensibly) disagree? Guess.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I can’t watch the video as listening to this disaster makes me sick.

txag92 on May 28, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Ditto.

I can only take so much and it’s simply not going to stop.

Depressing as hell is what is is to see our leaders destroy this nation while patting themselves on the back as if they did us a favor.

Yakko77 on May 28, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Man caused disaster… Maybe Napolitano was warning us? NAHHHHH

M-14 2go on May 28, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Count me in as one who would rather feed himself feet first through a tree chipper v e r y. S l o w l y in order to avoid the embarassment of being photographed with the one.

Barack Obama… The anti-George Washington

turfmann on May 28, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Those smoke filled nights with Ayers and the boys making fun of celebrities that feed their pockets and egos…wouldn’t those videos be priceless.

nondhimmie on May 28, 2009 at 8:33 PM

It’ll be fun to see GM and Chrysler sales figures in about 3 years. I’m predicting a huge consumer backlash.

a capella on May 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I am waiting on Ford, Toyota, and Honda! All built right here in the good ole US of A!

lsutiger on May 28, 2009 at 8:47 PM

“I am waiting on Ford, Toyota, and Honda! All built right here in the good Ole US of A!”

lsutiger on May 28, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I am a factory trained Honda Technician, I worked at a dealer for many years, now I’m an independent. I’m not sure of the numbers now, but during the mid-nineties, Honda was the biggest exporter of cars in the nation. The Marysville Ohio Plant has Siamese assembly lines, one left hand drive, the other right.

I’ve talked to several workers at Marysville, one thing they ALL agree on, NO UAW!!! They are payed close to UAW wages, good beni’s, no dues, and they realize that if they build crap, they will be replaced. They also have a Recreational Center with pools, a gym, and other amenities for the families to use in off hours. Honda treats their workers right, but they demand good workers, and a quality product. It’s no wonder the UAW keeps trying to get in there, how dare they demand a quality product!

I am worried about independent car manufacturers in the US, with government ownership of GM and Chrysler, when will they tilt the playing field and force us to buy government mandated crap. Last year I would have said that it could never happen, now, not so much.

M-14 2go on May 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Did he brag about unemployment figures being higher with the stimulus than his administration had predicted it would be without?

/sarc

aikidoka on May 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM

a capella on May 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM

lsutiger on May 28, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Yeah, I’m not planning on buying from GM or Chrysler now. A pity as I was liking the new Camaro.

aikidoka on May 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Greta just had a guy on who said the whole reason the 0 administration is doing the car company buyouts is so he can claim he saved them when things work out. Yeah, like that has a chance in hell of happening. So will he get the blame? Pff.

ProudinNC on May 28, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Obambi is the greatest danger to the people…the freedom that is the United States, including all threats foreign and domestic.
Fascism anyone?

Army Brat on May 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM

What can i say? It’s all bad, anyway you look at it!!G-d bless America, Please!!???

beachkatie on May 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM

B_O and his crew are by far the most aggressive, cynical lot I’ve ever seen or read about in this country.

Their sheer animosity to those that oppose them is frightening…they don’t even pretend to be diplomatic-except with foreigners who won’t support us or those who want to kill us that is.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 28, 2009 at 11:22 PM

last night’s fundraiser in L.A.,

Good grief. Non-stop campaign. He’s applying his campaign burn rate to the country at large.

ddrintn on May 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Remember that scene from BEETLEJUICE where the couple arrived at the Dept. of Afterlife? Or, whatever it was called…

The waiting room, Beetlejuice sitting there amidst his kind.

That’s what I thought of when I looked at images of this “Hollywood crowd” from Obama’s appearance.

Only Beetlejuice looked better than Baracky.

Lourdes on May 29, 2009 at 4:20 AM

I’m assuming Barack appeared there to continue to milk the union. Or, rather, unions, namely, Teamsters and Screen Actors, not to mention Directors, Screenwriters…

Lourdes on May 29, 2009 at 4:21 AM

After a pause and looking again at another article with photos of this event, so to speak…

I can’t avoid this conclusion: these “Hollywood” people act like trash on Hollywood Blvd. where Obama is concerned. I can’t understand how they have such poor self respect as they appear to have, all that money and improved physical appearances, there they are, grovelling like paid-by-the-twenty-minutes tricks on any ugly street in the world.

Lourdes on May 29, 2009 at 4:30 AM

I just saw the movie “Drag Me to Hell”. It was really, really scary.

The above video was even scarier. :(

Theophile on May 29, 2009 at 6:13 AM

Funny. I was listening to some Obama voters the other day lamenting that they were better off under George Bush. That is what nobody has seen yet. As Obama destroys America in a Utopian pipe dream, even people who voted for this imbecile are starting to have second thoughts. Watching the video, this is not the same guy who gets on TV at the White House. As during the campaign, there are about four or five Obamas depending on the venue. This was the “Rock Star” with the lax grammer and negro intonation. I still say there’s three sixes under his hair…..America is dying……

adamsmith on May 29, 2009 at 8:04 AM

I received a $250 “Economic Recovery Payment” under the Recovery Act. When I asked a Social Security Customer Rep how I might refuse it, the answer was to “return it to the government as a gift.” That’s my only option.

I sent a check to my congressman (Hodes) and asked him to get it to the right place.

They gave me a free hammer to beat them with. The message: I will not be complicit in this raid on my children’s labor.

Howard on May 29, 2009 at 8:29 AM