Quotes of the day

posted at 10:30 pm on May 20, 2009 by Allahpundit

RUSH: Drudge had as a lead item up there this morning on his page a story from the UK, Sky News: “Scientists Unveil Missing Link In Evolution.” It’s all about how Darwin would be thrilled to be alive today. “Scientists have unveiled a 47-million-year-old fossilised skeleton of a monkey hailed as the missing link in human evolution.” It’s a one-foot, nine-inch-tall monkey, and it’s a lemur monkey described as the eighth wonder of the world. “The search for a direct connection between humans and the rest of the animal kingdom has taken 200 years – but it was presented to the world today –” So I guess this is settled science. We now officially came from a monkey, 47 million years ago. Well, that’s how it’s being presented here. It’s settled science. You know, this is all BS, as far as I’m concerned. Cross species evolution, I don’t think anybody’s ever proven that.

***
“On the whole I think the evidence is less than convincing,” said Chris Gilbert, a paleoanthropologist at Yale University. “They make an intriguing argument but I would definitely say that the consensus is not in favor of the hypothesis they’re proposing.”

The Ida team points to the fact that some of the fossil’s teeth, toe and ankle bones resemble anthropoids more than modern lemurs. But other researchers point out that primitive lemurs, as opposed to modern lemurs, also share many of these features.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

You evolutionist, Allah.

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Charles Johnson, call your office…

KingGold on May 20, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Allah, either apologize or resign.

/Newt

faraway on May 20, 2009 at 10:34 PM

If that doesn’t prove that the entire science is basically one big Maoist group with no true peer-review existing, I don’t know what does.

radiofreevillage on May 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Only getalife could evolve from such a creature found yesterday.

blatantblue on May 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM

“So I guess this is settled science.”

Just like Global Climate Change/Warming…………..

……… but what ever you do,

don’t figure the Sun in your calculations………!

…….. it’s not science, it’s where is my next grant coming from?

Seven Percent Solution on May 20, 2009 at 10:36 PM

Explosion in space forms Earth that circles burning star at right distance to make life inhabitable. Slug crawls out of water. Evolves into what man is today.

What’s so hard to believe?

Hog Wild on May 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Only getalife could evolve from such a creature found yesterday.

blatantblue on May 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Don’t speak ill of the departed.

either orr on May 20, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Charles Johnson’s head is exploding. I was reading this stuff over there this morning. He was banning everyone who disagreed with him.

What a tool.

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Slug crawls out of water.
Hog Wild on May 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Hmmmm so many ways I can tack on stuff here.

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 10:41 PM

I wonder….have we ever seen Charles Johnson and Allah in the same room together? And Charles rides a bike (beta male behavior, right?) and AP is definitely beta-male….You don’t suppose….

TheQuestion on May 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM

One more year and he won’t have anyone to ban and will have to retire. He isn’t a funny as Treacher.

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

this whole story got a big “meh” from the start. having suffered through human evolution (an anthropology course) and the intricacies of bilophodont dentition, i know enough about primate similarities and differences to know the implications of this particular fossil are of little use outside that narrow field of study.

this was never a “game changer”, i cant for the life of me understand why it was billed as such. and i can totally accept the possibility that every life form on the planet has a singular natural, biological ancestor, be it a single organism or a galactic seeding of organic molecules representing already differing genetic traits. either way, this story was never a big deal.

ernesto on May 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM

TheQuestion on May 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Are you saying Allah and Chales are …. Siamese twins? Or Cybil in male form?

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM

The science is settled!!1!1eleventy!11

broker1 on May 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM

TheQuestion on May 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Allah is a saint compared to Charles Johnson. He doesn’t argue with his guests and then turn around and drop the ban hammer on you.

I even saw a few people bashing our beloved Allah in that thread.

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Hmmmm seems some Obama voters failed to get the hope and change memo in the city today…

elduende on May 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM

radiofreevillage on May 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Well, this is certainly gas on that same fire:

It’s science by consensus for the ol’ Yale-ies.

TexasDan on May 20, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM

I don’t get that man at all Knuckle. Allah at least has kuth and at least is laid back. I don’t even bother going to LGF anymore due to his personality issues and conflicts.

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I’ve taken you to task today for what I consider to be disingenuousness on the Beck/View situation…

BUT, I give you big credit here… After playing up the discovery of a lemur fossil yesterday as some sort of “game over” for Creationists, you come back with some intellectual honesty by posting some common sense comments about how silly the conclusions being created and hyped in the media are.

RightWinged on May 20, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I even saw a few people bashing our beloved Allah in that thread.

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Oh, I agree, AP is a better blog host, which is why I’m here, not there. I was just humorously speculating. heh.

TheQuestion on May 20, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Google should put a bright red FAIL on the monkey fossil.

econavenger on May 20, 2009 at 10:56 PM

(btw, my last comment was directed at AP)

RightWinged on May 20, 2009 at 10:56 PM

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Like I said a few weeks ago, he booted me for dinging down one of his topics. I never posted there, just read.

He’s banned so many people, they started an LGF2 blog.

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Just look about as there is proof all around. Barack Obama is half human and half Ori. Michelle Obama is half human and half Klingon. Bill Mahr is s half Leprechaun and half Ferengi. Nancy Pelosi is half human and half Pinocchian. Barney Frank is half human and half something that never evolved teeth. Helen Thomas is half human and … well half something else … I don’t know what it is, but it’s not human.

MB4 on May 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM

yo hotstuff

Yea I saw that LGF2 blog

I loled

blatantblue on May 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM

See this is how science works. Present your argument before your peers and then they critique it and present counter arguments. That’s what makes it work.

ronsfi on May 20, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM

The poor man is close to a nervous breakdown if not outright insanity.

Sigmund on May 20, 2009 at 11:05 PM

He’s banned so many people, they started an LGF2 blog.

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Are you kidding? I was hammered… for saying one wrong word and he freaked.

That was over 2 years ago.

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:05 PM

To best of my knowledge these threads have never convinced anyone of the opposing side, so I have a different question. Why is that evolution raises so much acrimony and not big bang after all even that is kind of incompatible with scriptures.

Gaurav on May 20, 2009 at 11:07 PM

radiofreevillage on May 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM

This isn’t a case of bad science. This is a case of bad science journalim hyping a new find to get more viewers/subscribers.

The actual peer reviewed article regarding the find is as resonsible and careful as you should expect good science to be.

justfinethanks on May 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM

Gaurav on May 20, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Don’t say that too loud. Quite a few people think that the big bang is the creation of all… As are keen to Genesis. I can see how it can be incorporated. But, and the one thing that angered my Catholics School teachers, was when i asked them about the Dinosaurs and why they weren’t in the bible? Oh… gosh I can still see flames!

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Barney Frank is half human and half something that never evolved teeth.
MB4 on May 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I’m still laughing…good line, mister!

Skidd on May 20, 2009 at 11:12 PM

All this talk of Johnson hammering people makes me want to go there, register, say something outRAGGGGEOUS

put on a stop watch

and time how long it takes him to give me the Gravity Hammer (Halo 3, fellow nerds?).

blatantblue on May 20, 2009 at 11:12 PM

blatantblue on May 20, 2009 at 11:12 PM

You wanna be part of the Elite LGF Banned? LOL!

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM

What a tool.

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I was banned from LGF a while back. I made what I thought was a funny and very tame comment. I accidentally left off the /sarc tag and was summarily banned. I could not believe it. There is something wrong with CJ. He is obsessed and will not admit it. He claimed at the time that his site gives equal time to all topics of the day when in reality his site has become Evolution Debate 101 Central. Except there is nor debate. Its his site so he can do whatever he wants. But to pretend that he does not focus on Darwin on frequent basis is kind of silly.

Geochelone on May 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Ever wonder where you came from? South Park gives us a lesson in evolution. [NSFW] http://www.collegeslackers.com/video/south_park:_evolution

free on May 20, 2009 at 11:16 PM

You wanna be part of the Elite LGF Banned? LOL!

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Yes indeed

Scary thought: The amount of time CJ puts into just monitoring and banning people.

No offense, AP, but LGF can get like 800 comments on a thread.

The moderation hours must be long and arduous. Insane

blatantblue on May 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Dude….Helen Thomas is old!

dandy on May 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I take it you mean big bang can be made compatible with scriptures. I think it is possible but the flexibility required to do it so should be much more than that required to make evolution compatible with scriptures.

Gaurav on May 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Gaurav on May 20, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Yes that is what I mean.

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM

To make an apple pie. First make an apple.

Mason on May 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Geochelone on May 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Oh, he’s added new stuff to his repertoire. He’s now bashing Glenn Beck and Rush on a regular basis, along with Fox news and few others.

But his best new gig is literally outting people ie real names, pictures, etc. He’s literally stalking people down who say bad things about him. And he also started another blog praising himself and how great LGF is.

Something seriously wrong with the dude.

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Geochelone on May 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I said retard or retarded.. and it was a comment towards myself! And he banned me! LMFAO.. the dude lost it a LONG time ago.

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM

WHOA! That is seriously on the verge of getting the crap sued out of him. Holy Cow!

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Lebron James is the 8th wonder of the World, Lemurs, not so much. Can’t wait till Lebron go one-on-one against Kobe. Hope you don’t think I am a racist. I am not saying that they are monkeys or lemurs, OK. Lebron is super human.

Geochelone on May 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Are you saying Allah and Chales are …. Siamese twins? Or Cybil in male form?

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I would think it’s like Batman/Bruce Wayne. Try to observe if they’re ever in the same room at the same time or something.

cackcon on May 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Wow. So the majority of you believe the Earth is 6k years old?

Did you graduate from public schools? You must have because it certainly wasnt from my Catholic school.

Did any of you bother to read the article? The discussion isnt if evolution is correct or not, but WHERE in the family tree this fossil belongs.

I happen to agree with Johnson: kick out the drooling creationists from the Republican party. They make us all seem undereducated.

Shambhala on May 20, 2009 at 11:32 PM

cackcon on May 20, 2009 at 11:31 PM

After what Knuckle just said… I think it is more Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Wow. So the majority of you believe the Earth is 6k years old?

Shambhala on May 20, 2009 at 11:34 PM

blatantblue on May 20, 2009 at 11:12 PM

You wanna be part of the Elite LGF Banned? LOL!

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM
Bet I could get banned faster than you blatantblue.

catlady on May 20, 2009 at 11:34 PM

blatantblue on May 20, 2009 at 11:12 PM

You wanna be part of the Elite LGF Banned? LOL!

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:15 PM
Bet I could get banned faster than you blatantblue.

catlady on May 20, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Not tonight Orlando 107 Cleveland 106 Final Score

TruthToBeTold on May 20, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Something seriously wrong with the dude.

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Wow I didn’t know that. He’s lost it. I haven’t even lurked at LGF for about 6 months. I saw the early signs of irrationality even back then. He has done some good things but is now kind of loopy. I wish him no harm. I just hope he doesn’t harm anyone else. He could de-evolve into a hunter gathering stalker.

Geochelone on May 20, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Hit return twice. Sorry about that, long night…

catlady on May 20, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Hit return twice. Sorry about that, long night…

catlady on May 20, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Are you trying to make him go insane?

upinak on May 20, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Bet I could get banned faster than you blatantblue.

catlady on May 20, 2009 at 11:34 PM

I can beat you in a heartbeat. You don’t even have to post, just ding down a few of his topics and you’re booted.
If you try to post something nasty about him, he just deletes the comment.

Knucklehead on May 20, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Careful with your comments about Chuck; he may run out of people to ban on LGF and start drop kicking them from HotAir. I’m registered but am thinking about taking the plunge and making an anti-evolution comment. Looking for the right comment and the right time, I want it to be perfect.

Right now I’m reading “Why Us?” by James Le Fanu. Gives me a lot of ammo.

jsulman on May 20, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Bill Clinton is such a dog which link is he missing :)

Dr Evil on May 20, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Google should put a bright red FAIL on the monkey fossil.

Ya, I noticed that today. That was pretty fast for a google logo, pretty telling, too.

It’s amazing how quickly the left will embrace any untested hypothesis that fits their agenda.

reaganaut on May 20, 2009 at 11:49 PM

With Andrew Sullivan having lost his mind first, and Charles Johnson also apparently going off the deep end, it may be time to put a 24-hour watch on Glenn Reynolds. Who was the other horseman/person of the Ablogalypse – I forget.

When AP loses it, it’ll probably be in an opposite direction. Maybe he’ll go all religious and change his name to Cat Stevens or something.

CK MacLeod on May 20, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Whether evolution is proven or not still does not answer the question of how the universe came to exist. It is strange that people come forward to say this is the missing link, and yet supposedly all of this was already settled? Why look for the link if evolution is fact?

echosyst on May 20, 2009 at 11:54 PM

The google people love the lefty causes. They’re always having logos celebrating eco-stuff and Darwin’s birthday, etc. And now the “game-changing” fossil. They are running a logo contest for kids now, too, and the “finalists” almost all echo that sentiment. (Not to mention that every one in the 6 year old category looks like mommy or daddy actually drew it.)

KS Rex on May 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM

You know this is the most straight forward I have heard evolutionist be in public.

I hope this means that the debates can actually be about science and not religion.

Because I remember actually thinking those were interesting classes on evolution. I don’t remember a thing from them really, and I’m sure it’s all changed by now, but I don’t like science and religion to be at war.

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Pretty soon they’ll dig up a platypus fossil and declare it the missing link. How many times to we have to see this theater.

Step one: make a fossil find
Step two: declare it the missing link amidst incredible fanfare
Step three: be completely disproven and shamed by real science
Step four: print the uncovered hoax findings in one paragraph on page 27 of the NYT
Step five: everybody keeps on believing in the hoax

Mojave Mark on May 21, 2009 at 12:01 AM

CK MacLeod on May 20, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Winner!!! Snorted my Diet Mt Dew. Thanks I needed to laugh tonight! Ya’ll be good! ( I always am… :))

catlady on May 21, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Do you hear that sound? The sound of Charles Johnson’s head exploding!

Richard Romano on May 21, 2009 at 12:03 AM

The missing link’s DNA was found in Charles Johnson’s stomach.

Don’t ask why.

Mr. Joe on May 21, 2009 at 12:10 AM

“Lebron James is the 8th wonder of the World, Lemurs, not so much. Can’t wait till Lebron go one-on-one against Kobe.”
Geochelone on May 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM

After tonight’s game, don’t count your lemurs before they’re hatched.

KS Rex on May 21, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Oh yes oh magnificent religious representative Rush! Since evolution is obviously out as an explanation for our existence, we have two remaining theories;

God dropped our butts here, just 2 of us by the way, in a garden 6,000 years ago. End of story, except God had to be thinking ahead a little bit, so he arranged to place millions of fake dinosaur bones all over the world for us to marvel at and cause what…a disbelief in him? How about those billions of years of geology? Fakes too I’m supposing. Damn, God sure is good at lying.

The other being we were dropped here by aliens, after the dinosaurs of course. The aliens obviously ate the neanderthals and left us here as a derivative because they thought we’d grow into a tastier species.

Yeah, butthead, I think I’ll go with evolution.

Spiritk9 on May 21, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Ahhhh yes, but how did fossilized monkey come to be???? What has he evolved from, or it is devine intervention?

Ladywolfnl on May 21, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Who is Charles Johnson?

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM

jsulman on May 20, 2009 at 11:44 PM

You just got busted over at LGF and I doubt you’ll get that chance to post your swan song for Charles.

And now he’s blocking peoples accounts because they can’t be trusted???

We seem to be a hot topic over there in the book thread.

Knucklehead on May 21, 2009 at 12:23 AM

In the book “A brief history of nearly everything” Bill Bryson says something along the lines of “it’s rare indeed to find a paleontologist who will say his findings are just some bones and nothing special”

Dash on May 21, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Who is Charles Johnson?

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM

His real name is Anthony Fremont

MB4 on May 21, 2009 at 12:28 AM

MB4 on May 21, 2009 at 12:28 AM
I see?

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Who is Charles Johnson?

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM

n00b? LOL!

TMK on May 21, 2009 at 12:33 AM

While it is obvious republicans are going extinct, I had no idea it had reached this stage.

benny shakar on May 21, 2009 at 12:36 AM

TMK on May 21, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Me or Charles Johnson?

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Allah and Charles, what a combination.

Joe Pyne on May 21, 2009 at 12:38 AM

As long as creationist or evolutionists advocate strong national defense, economic freedom and upholding the Constitution they are my kind of people.

I will not lose sleep over Ida, Darwin or any other proposal. Don’t know why LGF needs to go all OCD on this.

clnurnberg on May 21, 2009 at 12:41 AM

benny shakar on May 21, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I just knew that if some of you kept talking about missing links, one of the damn critters would show up.

Cheshire Cat on May 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM

benny shakar on May 21, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Troll? LOL!

TMK on May 21, 2009 at 12:42 AM

benny shakar on May 21, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Good luck procuring all your heart’s desires in the cleptocracy that ogabe is turning the USA into. oh and FU.

daesleeper on May 21, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Me or Charles Johnson?

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Yer a n00b. Charles Johnson is an unhinged banhammer fiend in the finest tradition of the Falangistas.

TMK on May 21, 2009 at 12:54 AM

I don’t like this. This much hoopla essentially pins a lot of evolution’s arguments on a single fossil, at least in the eyes of the public. The anti-evolution crowd will wage a campaign of character assassination against the fossil or some flaw will emerge, and Darwin will wind up looking worse instead of better.

That’s how these things evolve.

And yeah, I couldn’t help it. ;-)

Seriously, though, I don’t think this will help in the long run.

commenter on May 21, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Charles Johnson, self proclaimed lord of the lizards and lemurs.

Mr. Joe on May 21, 2009 at 1:20 AM

The discovery was presented with much fanfare at a press conference at the American Museum of Natural History in New York…

“What does it tell us about human evolution that we didn’t know? Precious little,” said Stony Brook University paleoanthropologist John Fleagle.

The Ida team points to the fact that some of the fossil’s teeth, toe and ankle bones resemble anthropoids more than modern lemurs. But other researchers point out that all primitive lemurs, as opposed to modern lemurs, also share many of these features.

“They claim in the paper that by examining the anatomy of adapids, these animals have something to do with the direct line of human ancestry and living monkeys and apes. This claim is buttressed with almost no evidence,” said paleontologist Richard Kay of Duke University. “And they failed to cite a body of literature that’s been going on since at least 1984 that presents evidence against their hypothesis.” Kay said the researchers did not compare Ida to other important fossil primates from this time, especially those from a group called Eosimiads, that could contradict their claims.

Besides scientific objections, some paleontologists take issue with the way the discovery was announced.

“The P.R. campaign on this fossil is I think more of a story than the fossil itself,” said anthropologist Matt Cartmill of Duke University in North Carolina. “It’s a very beautiful fossil, but I didn’t see anything in this paper that told me anything decisive that was new.”

“This fossil has been hailed as the eighth wonder of the world. Frankly, I’ve got 10 more in my basement,” said Chris Beard, a curator of vertebrate paleontology at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh.

Beard said he applauded the push to get the public excited about science. But he disagreed with some of the outlandish claims researchers made during the press conference, such as the suggestion that Ida represents a “missing link” between early primates and humans.

It’s not a missing link, it’s not even a terribly close relative to monkeys, apes and humans, which is the point they’re trying to make,” Beard said.

Kay agreed that the hoopla surround Ida “does have its Barnum and Bailey aspects…”

Oh yeah… essentially speaking, I just LOVE the smell of burning Atheist Bloggers in the morning.

And Charles Johnson can kiss me where the Good Lord saw fit to split me.

SilverStar830 on May 21, 2009 at 1:28 AM

`
Gaurav on May 20, 2009 at 11:07 PM

`
`
Neither is incompatible with Scripture according to current Catholic doctrine. Now, I’m sure the “young Earth” creationists have a problem with it, but they have problems with a lot of science.
`

Adjoran on May 21, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Only getalife could evolve from such a creature found yesterday.

blatantblue on May 20, 2009 at 10:35 PM

No, it’s certain that I did too, but whether or not it was that particular species, I have no idea.

FloatingRock on May 21, 2009 at 1:40 AM

WE DON’T NEED NO KNOWLEDGE THAT AIN’T IN THE GOOD BOOK

Seven Seas on May 21, 2009 at 1:41 AM

TMK on May 21, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Good to know but it seems he has made some of the same enemies that I have so he can’t be all bad.

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 1:41 AM

but I don’t like science and religion to be at war.

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Truth is never at war with truth. Like the Mittster says, True Science and True Religion are not in coflict.

trailboss on May 21, 2009 at 1:42 AM

WE DON’T NEED NO KNOWLEDGE THAT AIN’T IN THE GOOD BOOK

Seven Seas on May 21, 2009 at 1:41 AM

Well, good grammar must NOT be in the GOOD BOOK.

trailboss on May 21, 2009 at 1:43 AM

WE DON’T NEED NO KNOWLEDGE THAT AIN’T IN THE GOOD BOOK

Seven Seas on May 21, 2009 at 1:41 AM

There’s all kinds of critical information necessary to survive and compete in the modern world that the authors of the bible couldn’t even fathom in their wildest dreams.

FloatingRock on May 21, 2009 at 1:44 AM

trailboss on May 21, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Exactly… however since imperfect humans are proponents of both it does get rather nasty sometimes.

petunia on May 21, 2009 at 1:47 AM

`

Adjoran on May 21, 2009 at 1:35 AM

That’s ’cause YE creationists have painted themselves into a corner by arguing that the Bible is literally God’s truth, and to be taken as literal truth.

trailboss on May 21, 2009 at 1:47 AM

WE DON’T NEED NO KNOWLEDGE THAT AIN’T IN THE GOOD BOOK

Seven Seas on May 21, 2009 at 1:41 AM

You’re a douche, nothing more needs to be said.

RightWinged on May 21, 2009 at 1:47 AM

Adjoran on May 21, 2009 at 1:35 AM

Yes I do realize that most of Catholics as such don’t have problem with evolution or big bang. I was only referring to those people who dismiss evolution on grounds of scriptures (and there are many), why are they not hostile to big bang.

Gaurav on May 21, 2009 at 1:48 AM