Video: GOP having way too much fun with Pelosi’s ongoing meltdown

posted at 5:13 pm on May 19, 2009 by Allahpundit

I was going to say “GOP having way too much fun making Pelosi look like an idiot,” but they haven’t done anything to make her look bad here except stitch together her stupidest utterances. To accompany your viewing, today’s WaPo piece about plummeting morale at the CIA is a must-read. It seems interrogators have a crazy hunch they might not be safe from prosecution even if they follow the Army Field Manual, since there’s plenty of vague language in there that the Dems can use against them the next time they have a politically-motivated epiphany about what constitutes “torture.”

Under an executive order signed by Obama on Jan. 20, the Field Manual is “the law of the land. . . . There is nothing outside it now,” one intelligence official said. But according to several past agency and military officials, the Field Manual is sometimes so broad as to be unclear.

Its section on interrogation bans “violence, threats, or impermissible or unlawful physical contact,” without specifying what is sanctioned. The manual also says an interrogator cannot threaten “the removal of protections afforded by law.”

Present and past CIA officials maintain that other legal techniques exist beyond those mentioned in the Field Manual that should be available for use. Panetta has said he would go to the president for authority to use them if he believed it necessary.

For example, the “attention grasp,” described as “grasping the individual with both hands, one hand on either side of the collar,” is one of the 13 techniques employed in the past by the CIA and is listed in the Justice Department’s May 10, 2005, memo. It is barred under the Field Manual. Unlike harsher techniques on the list, such as nudity, dietary control, sleep deprivation and waterboarding, CIA officials say they want the authority to use the attention grasp without going back to Washington for approval.

You might remember that on the day he signed the order to close Gitmo — which seems increasingly irrelevant with each passing hour — The One also appointed a task force to review detention policies and procedures. Anyone want to bet the task force will come back and declare that the CIA’s going to need a few “extra” procedures outside the Field Manual after all? Call it a … “classified loophole.” Who’ll give me odds?

Oh, and before I forget, here’s the latest data point demonstrating just how far out of the mainstream the leftist intelligentsia is on detainee matters.

Comments

No good can come of Botox. I’m serious.

watson007 on May 19, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Brilliant.

the_nile on May 19, 2009 at 5:18 PM

No good can come of Botox. I’m serious.

watson007 on May 19, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I am convinced it contains a nueral inhibitor…ask Jean-Francois Keri-Heinz

sven10077 on May 19, 2009 at 5:19 PM

Misleading the Congress of the United States. Misleading the Congress of the United States.

Sounds like Pelosi’s making a full confession.

Mulligan on May 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM

That is why I say Nancy Pelosi = Democrat Leadership! She’s a treasure…we need here as speaker until the 2010 mid-terms. You don’t even have to ‘write’ the commercials…just show these ridiculous clips of her twisting while she lies…and failing miserably.

AUINSC on May 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Anyone want to bet the task force will come back and end up declaring that the CIA’s going to need a few “extra” procedures outside the Field Manual after all? Call it a … “classified loophole.” Who’ll give me odds?

One in a million. Reason, the task force probably isn’t staffed. Loophole’s will include a statement that the agents can fill out that state they did not know when they took the job that things would be like they are. Call it the Obama loophole.

WashJeff on May 19, 2009 at 5:21 PM

She sure ain’t no Slick Willy, is she?

rhinoishere on May 19, 2009 at 5:23 PM

There is a rumor that San Fran Nan and Arnie are teaming up for the TV show “The Biggest Loser” next season .. Can anyone verify???

Dire Straits on May 19, 2009 at 5:23 PM

For once, the RNC got the background music right: The Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairies. Perfect!

Loxodonta on May 19, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Lord almighty – that was fun to watch.

jake-the-goose on May 19, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I almost feel sorry for her.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!

carbon_footprint on May 19, 2009 at 5:26 PM

When the AZ Republic Opinion Page editor calls Pelosi’s statements ‘fantasy’, you know that even the moderate liberals have had enough of Nan.

DrW on May 19, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I hope this keeps dragging out. We need Blue-Dog Dem members of Congress returning home this summer for a couple of recesses to explain to their constituents this nitwit, Harry Reid, cap-and-trade, the new car tax, and Obama’s denial and delay of healthcare to them.

Oh, and the loony SCOTUS nominee Obama eventually names should be worth an explanation too.

Have a nice summer Blue Dogs.

BuckeyeSam on May 19, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Crash and burn San Fran Nan!

Hog Wild on May 19, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Third in line for the Presidency of the United States………..

…………… what could go wrong?

Seven Percent Solution on May 19, 2009 at 5:35 PM

CIA Interrogator: Oops, I thought you meant the Fidel Manual. This is Cuba, you know!

Steve Z on May 19, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I have a former friend who stuttered and stumbled when he lied.
Give it up Nancy.

GoodBoy on May 19, 2009 at 5:36 PM

No good can come of Botox. I’m serious.

watson007 on May 19, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I guess it goes to show you that sometimes it can permeate really soft tissue.

drjohn on May 19, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I’m geared up in my flamesuit – so do your worst.

We are being governed over by a bunch of petulant children that are concerned soley with garnering power for themselves.

I’m convinced we are a nation that is under judgement from you know who. It will get really bad before it gets better, unless there is revival in this land.

Read Isiaih and replace all refrences to Israel with refrences to America. Sobering.

daesleeper on May 19, 2009 at 5:39 PM

She often sputters and melts into an incomprehensible mess when asked simple, straightforward questions about her actions. It reminds me a lot of this:

AUINSC on May 19, 2009 at 5:40 PM

bans “violence, threats, or impermissible or unlawful physical contact,”

I understand the new Field Manual directs interrogators to perform questioning as follows:

1.) take the suspect out for pizza.
2.) ask questions.
3.) perform fellatio on the suspect.
4.) give the suspect a first class airline ticket to the country of their choice.

THAT’S questioning liberals can approve of.

oldleprechaun on May 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM

That’s a delicious vid.

I enjoyed it with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Good Lt on May 19, 2009 at 5:44 PM

oldleprechaun on May 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Barney Frank is joining AQ as we speak…

sven10077 on May 19, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Included is Sarah Palin model, comes in three outfits, including one which has the Alaska governor as a sexy school girl and another as a mini-skirt clad superhero.

William Amos on May 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Can the CIA tell the prisoners that its the same 72 virgins from Mohammad’s day and they have aged quite a bit? Then show a picture of Helen Thomas? Or is that extreme cruelty?

meci on May 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM

The Democrats’ policy on terrorism:

THERE SHALL BE NO FEELINGS HURT BY ANY TERRORIST, uhhh, BY ANY GUEST OF THIS NATION WHILE BEING QUESTIONED BY THE CIA OR OTHERWISE.

Reminder: the Democrats now monitor all your thoughts and attitudes.

Lourdes on May 19, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Calling this woman a member of the “intelligentsia” is an insult to rainmen everywhere.

ILB on May 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM

All the signs of chronic wasting disease. I suspect soon she’ll be slobbering and staggering around the Mall.

jdkchem on May 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM

ILB on May 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Haha, Nancy Pelosi: “I’m an excellent speaker.”

Lourdes on May 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM

The Democrats’ policy on terrorism Man Made Catastrophes:

Reminder: the Democrats now monitor all your thoughts and attitudes.

Lourdes on May 19, 2009 at 5:51 PM

That’s better

jdkchem on May 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Somebody PLEASE photoshop Nancy’s face into a Bewitched episode as Aunt Clara.

GoodBoy on May 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I fail to see the distinction. Her own words make her look like an idiot.

Joe Caps on May 19, 2009 at 6:03 PM

The poor witch they call Nancy Pelosi
She’s from the left coast you see?
She makes rules and regulations in the halls of alabaster,
too bad her head is made of plaster.

hip shot on May 19, 2009 at 6:12 PM

No doubt about it, the Democrats are SERIOUS about national security. Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GarandFan on May 19, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Let’s see…the presidential succession line goes
Obama—-> Biden——> Pelosi…we’re so f****d

Erich66 on May 19, 2009 at 6:21 PM

1.) take the suspect out for pizza.
2.) ask questions.
3.) perform fellatio on the suspect.

THAT’S questioning liberals can approve of.

oldleprechaun on May 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM

5.) supply suspect will all the weapons of their choice to use on anyone of their choice all long as they promise not to use on the USA or any of there interest.
6.) Take suspect on thier word when they promise not to attack the USA and fully complete point 3 and 4 without delay

tjexcite on May 19, 2009 at 6:32 PM

I seem to only ever see these commercials here. Never on TV.

JellyToast on May 19, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Where are the pundits? Why aren’t they all over her about her stupidity? This woman is an idiot! Yet, just last week we get another diatribe from Chris Matthews about how stupid Sarah Palin is b/c he can’t believe anyone would pay her to write a book! When Nancy Pelosi is hands down the dumbest, most language-challenged, anti-intellectual I’ve heard in a long time. She is a LIAR! And a bad one at that!

JAM on May 19, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Can’t say I blame the CIA for treading lightly. I imagine they’re going to remind Nan and company who “owns” the next attack.

katiejane on May 19, 2009 at 6:41 PM

This site http://www.gop.gove has been on You Tube since June 04, 2007, and this is the first I’ve heard/seen it.

Great marketing GOP!

patch on May 19, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Right now she is a useful distraction for Ogabe. When she’s of no further use to him he will turn thumbs down and let the lions (or in the case of the MSM, the neutered kittens) have at her. He has an even more useful idiot waiting in the wings.

SKYFOX on May 19, 2009 at 7:02 PM

The Democrats are silly unserious people. This is not Truman’s party anymore.

Terrye on May 19, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Pants….on fire…..help…..need…..
…..
…..

A BLUE DRESS!

Spiritk9 on May 19, 2009 at 7:43 PM

JAM on May 19, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Those crickets you hear are bought and paid for in full.

RalphyBoy on May 19, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Madame Speakers’ Schedule for Friday, May 22 2009:

0800: Staff Briefing
0900: House Leaders Briefing
1000: National Security Informing (not a briefing)
1100: Pre-Lunch Briefing
1145: Lunch Briefing
1445: Post Lunch Briefing
1600: Legislative Briefing

BobMbx on May 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Pelosi “I was not briefed. I was informed.”

Clinton: “I was not having sex with her. She was having sex with me.” (BTW, this line does NOT work in my house)

BobMbx on May 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM

The CIA should be censured for revealing any intelligence information to this ……person.

riverrat10k on May 19, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I enjoyed it with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Good Lt on May 19, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Hat Tip! An image of Jodi to cleanse the palate of the Pelosi after taste. Mmmm Mmmmm good.

BobMbx on May 19, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Echoing my comment at JustOneMinute:

If the Republicans were smart, they would start preparing the battle space now.

Run “campaign” commercials every night on the most popular TV shows (YouTube alone won’t do it).

Keep them fresh, and recycle the most effective ones.

Closing line on every ad:

“Democrat Barack Obama, Democrat Harry Reid, Democrat Nancy Pelosi — leading the country to ruin.”

Get the meme cemented in the thick skulls full of mush (paraphrasing Limbaugh).

The ads would have a good chance of paying for themselves. People are ready to fight; if the Republicans start to fight, the money will flow like crazy.

mockmook on May 19, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Nancy Pelosi is the leader of the Democratic Party.

Jim Treacher on May 19, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Jim Treacher on May 19, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Pelosicrats!

Loxodonta on May 19, 2009 at 8:51 PM

“I was not briefed…but I was just informed”

Keep talking, Nancy.
You’re only helping us!!

ToddonCapeCod on May 19, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Picking on the mentally handicapped again?Shame on you.I told you she’s nucking futs.

DDT on May 19, 2009 at 8:55 PM

They left out the best part, the money line: “My statement is perfectly clear…(shuffling pages)… I’ll read it again….(shuffling pages)….I lost my place….(shuffling pages)….”

Marcus on May 19, 2009 at 9:31 PM

The definition of shrill.

BHO Jonestown on May 19, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Nancy Pelosi is the leader of the [STRIKE]Democratic[/STRIKE] Democrat Party.

Jim Treacher on May 19, 2009 at 8:49 PM

CatchAll on May 19, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Fond under-the-bus entry in the Obamanomicron.

Feedie on May 19, 2009 at 10:19 PM

BobMbx on May 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM

So, how do you know that does not work in your house?

/inquiring minds and all that ;-)

AZfederalist on May 19, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Nancy Pelosi is the leader of the [STRIKE]Democratic[/STRIKE] Democrat Party.

Jim Treacher on May 19, 2009 at 8:49 PM

CatchAll on May 19, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Thank-you! When did this nonsense with being the “Democratic” party start? And when did the offense if you called them Democrats start? All my life, wherever I’ve seen it, it’s always been the “Democrat” party. Both in reference to the party, as in: “Democrats met in … to nominate LBJ” or to the person and his/her/its party affiliation: “Democrat Jimmy Carter bent over for Iran again today …”

Why the sudden change?

AZfederalist on May 19, 2009 at 11:38 PM

Why the sudden change?
AZfederalist on May 19, 2009 at 11:38 PM

As far as I know, it was always “Democratic Party” until someone said “Democrat Party” and discovered it irritated them. Look at this tombstone on Moonbattery. You’ll love it!

Feedie on May 20, 2009 at 1:10 AM

0800: Staff Briefing
0900: House Leaders Briefing
1000: National Security Informing (not a briefing)
1100: Pre-Lunch Briefing
1145: Lunch Briefing
1445: Post Lunch Briefing
1600: Legislative Briefing

BobMbx on May 19, 2009 at 7:57 PM

LOL.

But was she wearing briefs?

progressoverpeace on May 20, 2009 at 2:41 AM

1.) take the suspect out for pizza.
2.) ask questions.
3.) perform fellatio on the suspect.
Release said suspect into the USA. ( what could possibly go wrong?)

THAT’S questioning liberals can approve of.

oldleprechaun on May 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM