Video: Colbert mocks Meghan McCain ruthlessly for her RINOism

posted at 8:05 am on May 19, 2009 by Allahpundit

No no, I’m kidding. It’s every bit the pattycake session you’d expect, talkin’ sex and fun and jewelry and licking faces and how she’s “a lot more religious than I let on” despite her, er, anti-abstinence, pro-gay marriage attitudes. Oddly enough, Colby didn’t think to explore the fact that’s she’s pro-gun or pro-life or pro-anything else that kids who watch his show simply aren’t supposed to be.

Credit where it’s due, though: He did have the stones to ask her why she refuses to talk publicly about Sarah Palin. I’ll leave it at that to let the suspense mount.

The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Meghan McCain
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor Gay Marriage

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

When she was diagnosed with the flesh eating disease, the doctor gave her 13 years to live.

redrock on May 19, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Take the pledge with me, folks:

In an effort to deprive this attention whore from further headlines, I pledge that, after this thread, I will NEVER click on, read, or post to another Meghan McCain thread.

Signed…
…Daggett

I’m with you. AP should just go start his own Miss Piggy blog somewhere, and keep HA contained to matters that are actually RELEVANT!

ErinF on May 19, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Republican Party, Meghan wants it to be the Hedonist Party? So the McCains and Colin Powell, want to repel the base of the Republican party? Good Job keep sending your kid out their preaching promiscuity. Really why didn’t McCain have condom campaign packages printed up when he was running for President? It’s not too late he is running for re election in Arizona I bet Arizona Republicans are really impressed and will vote Hedonist LOL! I am beginning to wonder how this kid was raised?

hedonist:

A person dedicated to the pursuit of (sexual) pleasure.

Dr Evil on May 19, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Aren’t her 15 minutes about up?

Rusty Shackleford on May 19, 2009 at 9:46 AM

spoken like a true 24yr old rich girl.

poppieseeds on May 19, 2009 at 9:47 AM

I have a feeling her Twitter page goes like this:

Pre show: “OMFG! Me Me Me Colbert Me Me OMFG!”

Post-show: “OMFG, did ya see it? Me Me Me Me Me OMFG Me Me”

She’ll never be Rush or Anne Coulter because she starts and stops there.

Marcus on May 19, 2009 at 9:47 AM

On Drudge right now: 47-MILLION-YEAR-OLD MONKEY: THE LINK IN HUMAN EVOLUTION OR JUST ANOTHER NANCY PELOSI PICTURE?

Daggett on May 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Actually, I think he’s the one predicted to win Idol tonight…

ErinF on May 19, 2009 at 9:47 AM

ErinF on May 19, 2009 at 9:42 AM

The McCains are racing down an alternate highway, if this is how their kid was raised to believe this is how the adult world works. I’m not in the McCain’s passing lane. I am beginning to understand why all those Conservatives didn’t show up to vote for McCain last November. Lets see if Arizona is tired of this nonsense when he runs for re election for the Senate. Did the McCains raise their kid with any morals or values?

Dr Evil on May 19, 2009 at 9:49 AM

BuhBye

Your 15 Minutes is up. Please drive through

400lb Gorilla on May 19, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Take the pledge with me, folks:

Signed…
…Daggett

But she’s kind of cute, you know…? Can we at least look at her picture if we promise not to read..?

:P

ujorge on May 19, 2009 at 9:54 AM

AP is correct. Colbert never quizzed her on the social issues. What does she mean that she’s liberal on social issues? Is she for drug legalization, handing out the morning-after-pill in the middle schools and high schools, and more gun control laws? Does she oppose capital punishment?

I am not even sure she’s really pro-life. I remember on Larry King she said that “Women should be allowed to do whatever they want to their bodies” and “We should not judge them.”

As for her support of gay marriage, does it disturb her that once gay marriage is legal, churches and christian organizations will be under fire for favoring straight, married couples? I would be ok with gay marriage, if it didn’t come at the expense of religious organizations getting pushed around and fearful of being shut down.

Frank T.J Mackey on May 19, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Frank T.J Mackey on May 19, 2009 at 9:54 AM

First Amendment.

DrSteve on May 19, 2009 at 9:57 AM

What about the first amendment DrSteve?

Frank T.J Mackey on May 19, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Frank T.J Mackey on May 19, 2009 at 9:54 AM

The RCC discriminates against women in its top jobs. NOW hasn’t been able to sue them into capitulation, or even tried very hard.

dedalus on May 19, 2009 at 10:00 AM

This twit should start doing Yaz commercials.

ErinF on May 19, 2009 at 10:00 AM

She’s just an attention whore. I wanted to puke watching that. What bothers me is that someone might actually believe she represents the Republican party.

silvernana on May 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Hey Allah, Look what Meghan’s Daddy was doing about The Tarp while his kid is out promoting getting jiggy with it. Cinie’s World More Tale of the TARP.

Dr Evil on May 19, 2009 at 10:08 AM

To be fair, I do remember him having some pro-life author on as a guest once and didn’t give him a hard time at all. He pretty much let him pimp his book unmolested. It’s possible he simply doesn’t know that much about Meghan. Not everybody is hanging on to her every word like you do.

Darth Executor on May 19, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Dudes, she isn’t fat. She could lose a couple, sure. Fat? Hell no. Maybe it’s just me but that 5’11″, 90 lb heroin chic look doesn’t do much for me and I like a little something, something in the right places on my women.

angryed on May 19, 2009 at 10:08 AM

What about the first amendment DrSteve?

Frank T.J Mackey on May 19, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Sorry, too much happening at once. I think thus far, no one has challenged a conscience/religious exception for officiants. The First Amendment is the likely reason why.

It looks like the bill will also reaffirm the principle, which has never been contested, that no religious official will be required to officiate at or solemnize a same-sex marriage. And, as in similar laws around the country, it looks like the bill will allow parents to opt out of any marriage instruction for their children in the public schools.

Now, maybe you’re not the trusting sort, and you think the restraint shown thus far is just to maintain the palatability of the changes in the marriage laws until the legislative campaign is over. But I think someone trying to sue a church into performing an act against conscience would have a very very difficult time.

DrSteve on May 19, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Fake Republicans interviewing fake Republicans. Yawn.

gridlock2 on May 19, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Hey now, she went to Columbia

Yes, Meghan went to Columbia and majored in Art History. Back in college, it was a running joke Art History was the subject one majored in if you didn’t want studying interfering with partying.

Christina_M on May 19, 2009 at 10:18 AM

DrSteve,

That is good to know. I don’t want to see Christian adoption agencies getting shut down for only accepting married, straight couples, or churches getting sued for not accepting not gay couples.

If religious organizations are going to be protect, then I don’t see a problem with allowing gays to be eligible for marriage licenses.

Frank T.J Mackey on May 19, 2009 at 10:26 AM

I am willing to help him on his journey to let go.

myrenovations on May 19, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Did you just come on to Allahpundit??

Blake on May 19, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Her voice is annoooooooying. Geez.

nickj116 on May 19, 2009 at 10:43 AM

If I were Meagan I would get a restraining order against Allahpundit.
: )

carbon_footprint on May 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Can anybody tell me, do any of you know what the eff happened during the campaign that p’off the Palins and the McCains?

ProudPalinFan on May 19, 2009 at 8:56 AM

It’s called jealousy. Obviously, she has a problem with all the attention Bristol and Sarah get. That must be why she keeps attacking Bristol. Wow! A grown woman attacking a teen to get attention. Pathetic.

Sorry but she came off as a twit in that interview. I’m sure her folks are proud.

sarahpalinfan99 on May 19, 2009 at 11:08 AM

I forgot to mention that was some cool bling though! Maybe Meghan should consider a career in the fashion or jewelry business.

As far as politics, she sucks. She thinks the secret for the Republican party is to become more liberal than the Democratic party. That is a no brainer. The GOP will never “out liberal” the Dems. Sorry Meghan but you are rather confused.

sarahpalinfan99 on May 19, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Colbert didn’t ask her about what she said, at the correspondence dinner remember she said: do you know who the f’ I am, how classy/not. The McCains don’t care their kid is getting turned into another Paris Hilton by the MSM?

Dr Evil on May 19, 2009 at 11:31 AM

I tried, really I did, made it 1:18 seconds,…she gives people w/skin a bad name. I’m over it- “the one behind the curtain” playing Psychological warfare through media.

christene on May 19, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Ronnie James Dio

doriangry on May 19,2009 at 8:55AM.

doriangry: Yes,dori,Ronnie James Dio,RITD video is excellent:)

canopfor on May 19, 2009 at 11:42 AM

I’m sure someone else has mentioned this, but if not- what’s with the super villian ring?

TheBlueSite on May 19, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Let’s be fair to AP. He’s no longer enthralled with Chubs. And she is good for a laugh.

Blake on May 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Dr Evil on May 19, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Funny that you should mention that. Somebody sent Chubs a tweet saying: You are about as relevant as Paris Hilton.

Chubs response: You disgust me. Not just me, but you disgust all conservatives. Who are you? You are a pig, get it over with.

Obviously, she doesn’t take minor criticism well. Yet, she feels everybody should take her insults and bashing of conservatives as gospel.

Blake on May 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Another reason I left the GOP….this marooon is the new generation of Republicans….according to the left. I want a party that can define itself!

ihasurnominashun on May 19, 2009 at 12:26 PM

He insulted and continues to insult her dad by calling him a senile golddigging geezer. I would have punched him in the face.

Speedwagon82 on May 19, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Speedwagon82 on May 19, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Didn’t she get all huffy when someone made a mild remark about her mother?

Blake on May 19, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Please, somebody fix her up with a steady boyfriend — if only to keep her occupied and out of the public arena.

Barb Dwyer on May 19, 2009 at 8:28 AM
SpongeBob is dating a squid already.

Upstater85 on May 19, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Does that means that AP have a really shot at her?

El Coqui on May 19, 2009 at 12:42 PM

My thoughts exactly!

Stop attacking us, Ms. McCain! Maybe we could have a rational discussion if you’d be rational.

Calling Bristol Palin’s Abstinence tour unrealistic really isn’t helping you win us over to your side. Just saying.

Pomme143 on May 19, 2009 at 1:14 PM

A very self conflicted young person, that’s so unique.

The valley girl inflection doesn’t help either.

Speakup on May 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Blake on May 19, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I think she knows the truth of it but doesn’t want to hear it out loud otherwise she would have twittered back “Whatever” not “that’s so hot” like Hilton LOL! Money can’t buy class, you would think her Mom would have gone to a little trouble before turning her loose in public. In the old days getting attention in the Media was a no no by the upper class. Only three times are you supposed to be mentioned in the Newspaper, Birth, Marriage, and your Obit. Cindy McCain who stated on Fox News, she was proud of her daughter, and how she expresses herself. Mrs McCain, apparently using the Hilton parent’s ploy playing dumb, and pimping their kid in the MSM. It’s been done and before an no one bought it. That’s the standard the McCains want to be judged by? Okay sure why not the Hilton Standard LOL!

Dr Evil on May 19, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I can’t get past her pro sex promotion which is hedonism. Is she trying to get on the cover of Cosmo? I don’t think they use plus models on their covers just sayin – if that is her high water mark? Maybe Vanity Fair with a sheet wrapped around her or over her :)

Dr Evil on May 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Err, you people do understand that AP is just fooling around.

Gaurav on May 19, 2009 at 8:23 AM

There’s a phrase I heard from my mom – “kidding on the square.” Kind of a kitschy saying to describe someone who’s only sort of joking.

I can’t be bothered to follow Twitter feeds – the whole idea sounds like a kneecapped bulletin board for the self-obsessed – but apparently we commenters are subject of frequent derision on Allah’s feed.

He thinks we’re stupid. Plain and simple. He really, truly can’t stand quite a few of us. It’s all over the way he interacts with people. And he’s holding back – a lot – because of his boss. At some level the antagonism works because a lot of us find the tension more interesting than a pure echo chamber (just enough conflict without the awful grind of actually heading over to Kos).

But at this point I assume that AP would be hostile to me as a person – and is being polite for appearances and the sake of his job. Not that he really cares about most of us commenters that much. People like me are pretty close to invisible anyway, so there’s no reason he’d even notice us. I think he’s responded to me maybe 2 or 3 times.

Kinda sad because I rather like his writing style and think he makes some excellent points even if I get the impression he thinks I’m an idiot.

TheUnrepentantGeek on May 19, 2009 at 2:14 PM

As a commenter at C4P said:

Meghan M. – Love your bling girlfriend! That huge rock is to die for! GOP politics is so not your thing though – maybe try celeb interviews or your own reality tv show. Now that would make you cool!

+10

sarahpalinfan99 on May 19, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I would never wanna practice anything I didn’t preach

So, she needs to preach promiscuous, teen sex so she can practice… it? Every parent should write Meghan a little note of thanks for her “pro-sex” advocacy. By her own “logic”, if I were to jump off a bridge, I couldn’t advise you not to do so also — I could only enthusiastically encourage you to follow me over the side! What a loon!!

littleguy on May 19, 2009 at 3:44 PM

A grown woman attacking a teen to get attention. Pathetic.

sarahpalinfan99 on May 19, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Megaton’s qualifications as a “grown woman” begin and end at her inseam.

More like: “Just another jerk weed, socialite airhead trashing someone with the last name Palin.”

SuperCool on May 19, 2009 at 4:04 PM

She’s 24? For some reason I thought she was older. That sucks, because now I’m lumped in with her as the Republican youth (I’m 23).

I don’t know which young Republican I’d have a harder time being around: her or Jonathan Krohn. One is my age and attractive, but ditsy and dense. The other can’t even shave and his voice makes me want to claw my eyes out sometimes, but at least he’s smart and has the right beliefs. I guess he can still learn better social skills, but for Meghan….well, as Ron White says, you can’t fix stupid.

Krohn 1, McCain 0.

PaisleyCow on May 19, 2009 at 4:30 PM

:P

ujorge on May 19, 2009 at 9:54 AM

She’s cute, but the effect is ruined the second she opens her mouth.

ddrintn on May 19, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Video: Colbert mocks Meghan McCain ruthlessly for her RINOism

I wonder WHO this young, uninformed, misguided fool thinks she speaking for? The more she blathers, the more she embarrasses herself!

byteshredder on May 19, 2009 at 4:53 PM