Audio: Axelrod dumps on Miss California

posted at 8:54 pm on May 16, 2009 by Allahpundit

Yeah, I know I wrote about this yesterday but you need to hear the audience reaction to see how right Omri Ceren was. Again: There’s no joke here. There’s no wit or irony or play on words or anything remotely clever. Unless he’s calling her a dog, and he surely isn’t, the extent of the “punchline” is simply invoking Carrie Prejean in a context that’s meant to be belittling, even though it’s not quite clear how. And yet the audience practically shrieks with glee. To the extent this is any type of humor at all, it’s a sort of in-joke without the joke: The left’s been enjoying a Two Minutes Hate on her for the past few weeks and now suddenly here’s the senior advisor to the president joining in. The laughter, I think, is simply a reflex of surprise and approbation upon discovering that a figure as exalted as Axelrod would stoop to their level of douchebaggery. All things considered, she’d make a great opening joke for The One’s next speech — except, of course, for the fact that he holds the same position on gay marriage that she does.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

little propaganda network Fox,

“Little”? LOL You must have depth-perception problems.

work up some fake outrage, like you always do, and then when you see she has worn out her propaganda value, forget about her. Something the country did about a week ago.

athensboy on May 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM

You haven’t forgotten. Neither has Axelrod.

ddrintn on May 17, 2009 at 2:05 PM

The Evil Party has stunk up the air waves, again, and again, and again, and again………..

DL13 on May 17, 2009 at 2:05 PM

oh yeah those liberals are real uh witty..duhhhhhhh

right4life on May 17, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Axelrod certainly picks his words. Shame on him.

thetowncrier on May 17, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I take extreme comfort in the fact that I share ancestry with great figures such as Aristotle, Pericles, and Aeschylus. The thought that the most visible present day examples of my heritage are Moulitsas, Arianna HuffnPuff, and athensboy sometimes compels me to consider fellating a shotgun barrell.

OlympicLeprechaun on May 17, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Axel of evil.

Christian Conservative on May 17, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Yes I’m sure worried about about a dumb blond with fake breasts and a history of sleazy photos weighing in on matters her little pea brain overloads on. All she is to you goopers is someone you can rally around because your party is in a death spiral. The msm media gave her her 15 minutes of fame…

athensboy on May 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Wow, so much hate, all in one paragraph….

Let’s see:

a dumb blond

No real evidence that she’s dumb; rather, based on how she’s comported herself thus far, I’d assume she was of reasonable intelligence.

and a history of sleazy photos

Some modeling shots showed the suggestion of nudity; many models, celebs, musicians have similar photos taken. Not sleazy, by any reasoned use of that word.

her little pea brain overloads on.

Again, no evidence of overload; instead, Perez Hilton gave us a comically funny meltdown. Carrie has not lost her composure in any of this.

The msm media gave her her 15 minutes of fame…

Nope. Wrong again. The msm gave Perez Hilton his 15 minutes, because he furthered the “attack the conservative” agenda. This entire controversy is based on two elements;

1. Perez Hilton shot his mouth off
2. Carrie Prejean didn’t back down.

As I said another time, “don’t start nuthin, won’t be nuthin!”

massrighty on May 17, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Everyone knows that Axelrod is the chief scumbag behind the curtain anyway.

jonezee on May 17, 2009 at 5:08 PM

Peter Segel’s show which I occasionally hear on NPR is always loaded with leftist cheapshots that the audience just howls for. I think the audience must be required to check their brains at the door.

drunyan8315 on May 17, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I wonder how Axelrod would do in a swimsuit competition.

diogenes on May 17, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Garbage In = Garbage Out

Garbage in the WH, means Garbage comes out of the WH. Senior Advisor Trash Talker Axlerod picks on a twenty-one year old girl- what a bully!

Oh, and, Obama stands firm in his opionion that marriage should be between a man/woman. Does Axlerod think Obama is a dog??

TN Mom on May 17, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Finally.

hawkdriver on May 17, 2009 at 12:43 PM
“Finally” what?

JetBoy on May 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Yeah, “finally” what? I’ll play your game.

(not exact quotes but JBs general evolution over the past weeks, months and even as far as last year during the election over the gay marriage issue.

“Oh no! I don’t care what it’s called, I just need to protect my partner. I’m a fellow Conservative and a Catholic and I understand why we need to keep marriage defined as between a man and a woman.”

“Hmm, I’m not convinced the significance of using any term to label the union of anyone is a big deal, do you think it’s a big deal?”

“Why do my fellow Republicans think it’s such a big deal if it ends up being called a “marriage”? You guys aren’t homophobes are you?”

“Why don’t the people in the Republican Party support the gay members and get on board with this no matter what it’s called?”

Then…

I disagree with you on one issue…gay marriage…and you feel it necessary to label me a “one issue voter” (based on what?) and you, among a few others, label me as “not conservative”, or my favorite…a “lefty troll”.
All because I’m pro-gay marriage.

Then anyone that disagrees with you or your kind.

You and your ilk are a cancer on the Republican party, and the conservative movement. You seem determined to destroy it.
JetBoy on May 17, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Lastly, your distain for Carrie Prejean is as plain as the nose on your face.

Carrie Prejean’s honest beauty shines through.
Loxodonta on May 16, 2009 at 9:54 PM
*gag*
Nothing says “inner beauty” like a model struttin’ her fake junk onstage in a superficial beauty contest.
JetBoy on May 16, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I can’t tell the difference between your and Athensboys comments about Prejean.

I can only imagine you’d feel the same way about any of us “cancers” in the Republican Party that feel the same way as her. I also imagine that you wouldn’t care that any of your fellow Republicans were as savagely attacked if given the public opportunity to voice our opinion on the matter as she did. Come on, it’s your lynchpin issue. How about if my lynchpin issue where to demand Roman Catholics have to give fellow Protestants the sacrament?

You can make hay out of the way I’ve characterized your comments above and please, go ahead. But you know we’ve had those very discussions right here on this site and you also know you changed at some point in whether or not it was a big deal what you called the union of people in your community. Now you openly say you want gay marriage. Fine, your issue. I don’t want it and I won’t support it. If that makes me a cancer and worthy of being booted from the Republican Party. Fine there too. Let it burn. I don’t recognize it anymore.

hawkdriver on May 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM

She was dating Michael Phelps. Look at Axelrod. I know ugly is the new hot, but calling Miss CA a “dog” is stretching it.

chunderroad on May 17, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Hawkdriver! Good day to you. You’re not wrong, nor in the minority, nor about to be pushed aside and silenced. You’re not forgotten. Your service to our country is remembered and honored. Please take good care of yourself and your compatriots.

Loxodonta on May 18, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Let’s see who ends up the dog in this story. The joke’s on you, Axe.

littleguy on May 18, 2009 at 12:56 AM

OBAMA AGREES WITH CARRIE PREJEAN. Perhaps someone already pointed this out, but I dont have time to read all the posts. Axelrod called a famous conservative woman a dog in front of liberals, and they laughed. Same as a dumb Bush joke or Palin lipstick joke. All this talk about how ugly Axelrod is, or this idiotic, continuing myth that Fox News is fake news… its all ridiculous.

David Axelrod is the filthiest of filthy, disgusting people that politics produces. All you have to do is play video or audio of these kook liberals, and they will eventually destroy themselves. Getting into a shouting match with athensboy is a waste of time.

dan@onlyaliberal.com on May 18, 2009 at 2:17 AM

Pretzelrod’s display of overconfidence and under brilliance is a good sign.

If the GOP had not dumbed down, I would say there is great opportunity here. However the GOP fatboys are too busy trying to re-program the base using ad agency sound bites and blog-floods to notice the enemy has let the guard down

The RNC likely considers PreJean the enemy and regrets she opened a line of discourse they are trying to stifle

What a tangled web these spiders weave

Miss California is the winner and still champion

entagor on May 18, 2009 at 2:37 AM

As I said another time, “don’t start nuthin, won’t be nuthin!”
massrighty on May 17, 2009 at 4:24 PM

But why bother sayin’ anythin to acneboy, who just plain ain’t nothin?

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on May 18, 2009 at 5:07 AM

Douchbaggers is a great word to describe the Obama administration.

becki51758 on May 18, 2009 at 7:50 AM

hawkdriver on May 17, 2009 at 9:34 PM

As for the actual quotes of mine you posted…Sorry, I don’t get what you’re aiming at. You’re distorting again. But then, you do seem to have some kind of agenda.

And as for your incredible paraphrasing of what I’ve said there…Talk about “playing games”! You couldn’t stretch and distort, and outright lie, any more about my comments if they were made of Silly Putty.

In any event, aside from the gay marriage issue, we’d probably agree on almost any other political position. But you seem “stuck” on only one. Whatever.

God Bless, do well.

JetBoy on May 18, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Then anyone that disagrees with you or your kind.

By the way, what exactly IS “my kind”?

JetBoy on May 18, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Axelrod could easily win the Mr. D.C. ugly contest. The man is ugly from inside out.

RandyChandler on May 18, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Jetboy, I knew you’d have a problem with the paraphrasing. I’m surprised after thread exchanges we’ve have, you’d have the temerity to call me an outright liar though. In your own words, “whatever”.
You know for a fact several of us had a thread exchange with you where you went from not caring what your union was called to admitting you wanted it to be called a marriage. There’s a difference. It doesn’t matter though does it? Because your community will get it. They get everything they want. You have too much money and too much power with guys like David Geffen and almost all of Hollywood behind your cause. We Christians are on our way out and I see a day where it will be the same in the US as it is in Europe. Any theological opinion that doesn’t conform to PC rules will be considered hate thought and Christianity will be further diluted until we’ll only be allowed to believe what the PC crowd will allow us. Jetboy, what tenet faith beliefs will you have to give up down the road after you concede the marriage issue to the gay agenda?
Your “kind” is the gay movement. It destroys everything in its path; fellow party members and even fellow Christians. I see the folks who are still on board with what “Conservative” gays want as the proverbial frogs in the pot with the water slowly being brought to a boil. I’m not sure if being on the outside of the process looking in will change anything. There isn’t anything we can do about it. Like I said, It’ll still happen. You’ll get your gay marriage shoved down our throats and we’ll have to live with it. That makes me pretty stupid for even bothering to discuss it with you I guess. I suppose you attacking Prejean is what got me going again. It’s the clearest example to me of how removed you are from what you purport that you believe. Otherwise I really have given up any hope of prevailing on the issue.

hawkdriver on May 18, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Axelrod hating on a beauty queen?

Hmmm… let me guess – was he one of those geeky dweebs who got laughed at when he asked the cheerleaders out?

Makes one wonder….

Revenge of the Axelnerd

sarahpalinfan99 on May 19, 2009 at 2:51 PM

You gotta wonder why ANY man would trash a beautiful, elegant young woman like Carrie Prejean–doesn’t AxelGrease realize how ridiculous and crass he sounds, and how much sympathy he generates for Prejean? Just because she opposes gay marriage?

One possible explanation: Axelrod is gay, wants to marry a man, and doesn’t find Carrie Prejean attractive.

Steve Z on May 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM

I’d comment on this, but I have to feed my new black lab puppy, Barak Michelle.

Little Boomer on May 17, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Based on his comments, maybe you should rename your puppy Axelrod. But then the ASPCA would come after you for cruelty to animals.

Steve Z on May 19, 2009 at 5:57 PM

I think that a photo of Prejean with the caption that the White House wanted to name a dog after her with pictures of our Dear Leader and Axlesleeze would have started a civil war fifty years ago. But things are soooo much better now. And classier.

But I still know that the poster would work in some places in Oklahoma and some military bases to cost the Dems some votes.

IlikedAUH2O on May 21, 2009 at 9:23 PM