Video: Pelosi goes nuclear on CIA over torture as Cheney’s memo request is denied

posted at 1:32 pm on May 14, 2009 by Allahpundit

A follow-up to Ed’s post, just because your enjoyment of this story won’t be complete without witnessing her comically palpable discomfort for yourself. What better way for The One to smooth things over with the intel honchos on which his counterterror strategy depends than by having the Democratic Speaker of the House call them a bunch of serial liars on national television?

CNN has the Cliff’s Notes version of the vid but I’m giving it to you uncut so you can watch the most shameful part, which runs here from about 5:30 to 9:30. To refresh your memory of the timeline, there’s no dispute that she knew waterboarding was going on by February 2003, when one of her staffers went to a briefing on it and relayed the details to her. The question is simply whether she found out even earlier than that, in September 2002, after the CIA had started waterboarding Abu Zubaydah. Why does the timing matter? Um, it doesn’t: Even if it’s true that the CIA told her in 2002 that they were only thinking of using the technique, the very thought of it should have ignited her righteous progressive outrage. Instead, her defense here — I kid you not — is that by the time she learned they were waterboarding people in 2003, Jane Harman had become the ranking member on the intelligence committee and so, you know, it wasn’t Nan’s job anymore to speak up. Besides, she was too focused at the time on the big Democratic electoral turnaround … which wouldn’t happen for another three years. Make sure you watch at least to the part where she insists she doesn’t think she should have done more to stop the program. There’s that old activist liberal spirit! As Andy Levy says, “Nancy Pelosi’s lies are so transparent birds are slamming into them.”

Meanwhile, as this soap opera’s playing out, Dick Cheney’s request to declassify the two CIA memos which he claims prove that torture works has been denied. Surprise. Exit quotation: “President Obama has the legal authority to declassify the documents ‘with the wave of his hand,’ according to one expert.”

Update: I want to highlight this bit from Ed’s post because it really is the million-dollar question:

And if the CIA really had lied to her in the briefings, why didn’t Pelosi start out with that explanation? In fact, why didn’t she mention that in 2005 when both the EITs and the briefings were made public? Coming four years later, this explanation lacks any kind of credibility.

The killer quote from today’s presser is “they mislead us all the time,” a reference to the CIA’s bad intel on Iraq’s WMD. If there really is a pattern of deception going on, why would she wait until there’s a Democrat in the White House to complain when she could have pinned the whole thing on Bush by screaming about it earlier?

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

PELOSI’s only legitimate excuse is that she is showing the onset of ALZHEIMER disease.

That can be induced, Nancy. You’ve crossed the wrong line.

maverick muse on May 14, 2009 at 3:05 PM

She said a few months ago she’s not partisan. I guess just everyone else is.

SouthernGent on May 14, 2009 at 3:05 PM

If there is a more partisan, divisive, self-serving political creature in these Unites States, I am at a loss as to who that might be.

CaptFlood on May 14, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Oh, c’mon: Dodd, Franks, Murtha, Maxine Waters, Harry Reid, Braindead Ted . . .

Although I do agree with the sentiment expressed in your comment.

califcon on May 14, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Hannity is railing about Nancy’s poor attempt at a tap dance…

ladyingray on May 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM

It’s a brilliant tactic; and, we’re all being snowed.

LindaDinNev on May 14, 2009 at 2:15 PM

All that…and Al Franken hasn’t even been sworn in yet!

Brat on May 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Pelosi and the Democrats should have never messed with the CIA and play politics with National Security and now they got caught in a lie. They need to face the consequences, of their actions instead of scapegoating the CIA, the people tasked with ensuring our National Security!

Let the left eat their own instead of outsourcing their rage onto the Intelligence Community.

Cr4sh Dummy on May 14, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Hannity is railing about Nancy’s poor attempt at a tap dance…

ladyingray on May 14, 2009 at 3:09 PM

She should have taken tap dancing lessons from the master, Bill Clinton.

MB4 on May 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM

“No…no, no, no, no, no, no, no”.

Peloser

Heh.

Jaibones on May 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Hoisted on her petard.

Terrye on May 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM

My post from the Lieberman thread:

A little refinement in the use of ‘Schadenfreude’ is in order.

A distinction exists between “secret schadenfreude” (a private feeling) and “open schadenfreude” (Hohn, a German word roughly translated as “scorn”) which is outright public derision.

I think I’ll go with ‘Hohn’.

Google translates ‘Hohn’ to: noun

1. scorn
2. derision
3. taunt
4. mockery

Yep. ‘Hohn’ it is. Pelosi no longer qualifies for “secret Schadenfreude.”

fred5678 on May 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM

ah, the consummate liar, bill clinton. how i miss him.

kelley in virginia on May 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM

I hate Shep Smith. Somebody get this guy a breast pump, what a BOOB! He’s all over this ‘waterboarding’ is the devil….I wonder what he would say if someone reminded him that our enemies don’t waterboard, they don’t give exercise yards and three meals a day of Jihadist Dining, and better medical care than most Americans, THEY CUT OUR HEADS OFF you PANTY WAIST!

HornetSting on May 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM

So the Queen of inquisition is about to get caught up in her own trap!! Her lame spinning isn’t helping her case.

BEGRUNT on May 14, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Man, she just keeps digging that hole.

AnninCA on May 14, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Something is going on with her voice. (I use my voice for a living, and I’m very sensitive to the way people’s voices sound.)

She’s either suffering from a respiratory ailment of some kind, or she has been screaming her ass off.

capitalist piglet on May 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Well as a matter of fact I did stick around as a consultant. Some of the best years ever under Reagan. Thanks to an understanding wife I earned 450,000 FFB miles with TWA.

Lew_Lew on May 14, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Good for you! I trust your wife was able to enjoy a few days on a tropical beach.

I had the pleasure of talking to Gary Schroen after I read “First In”. He, as you know, was called to lead the first mission into Afghanistan just when he had started his 90 day retirement period. When I called a year later, he was back in DC – consulting again??

Great story from his book: when Gary’s team first got in country, their first requisition included Starbucks coffee.
When the first Special Forces team landed weeks later, the CIA was able to serve them piping hot Starbucks!!

fred5678 on May 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM

HornetSting on May 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Agree with you. How about him asking Hoekstra five times if waterboarding was torture but never bothered to grill his left-wing guest.

I wish MSNBC would just hire Smith and get it over with. Everyone of his broadcasts is an audition tape.

sherry on May 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM

capitalist piglet on May 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM

CIA fixed her drink!

dhunter on May 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM

CIA fixed her drink!

dhunter on May 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM

And the evil Republicans knew about it, but did nothing to stop them!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

capitalist piglet on May 14, 2009 at 3:27 PM

MESSAGE TO OBAMA WHITEHOUSE!!! TELL US THE TRUTH -SHOW US THE PROOF- RELEASE THE CHENEY MEMOS!!!!!!!!

bloggless on May 14, 2009 at 3:29 PM

She should have taken tap dancing lessons from the master, Bill Clinton.

MB4 on May 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I was thinking Richard Gere in the movie Chicago…

ladyingray on May 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I think everyone should call their reps and demand that the “cheney memos” be released!!!!

bloggless on May 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM

She is literally physically choking on the lies. Literally.

pabarge on May 14, 2009 at 3:32 PM

To heck with releasing the Cheney memos. Leak them. Leak them now.

Come on, CIA. She has called you liars to your faces.

Leak the Cheney memos.

pabarge on May 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I wish MSNBC would hire Shep and Whoreadildo I can’t stand either one but especially Whoreadildo.

Tomorrow morning is my don’t watch FOX Friday cause the ball baby from Katrina fame will be on mouthing off his big mouth and kissin Pinnochio ass.

dhunter on May 14, 2009 at 3:34 PM

None of this really matters in the end.

Other than Rep.Boener and the radio talk guys….no one else is going to make a big deal of this. We all know that Nancy, of all people, being caught lying and KNOWING that enhanced techniques were going on and then pretending she just found out and calling for investigating those who knew is BIG.

With the punch drunk Republicans rolling over on everything, the MSM in the tank, and a good percentage of the US population sucking up everything Obama does with glee, this will just be a fleeting sideshow and the destruction of America by marxist will continue unabated.

Goodeye_Closed on May 14, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Leak the Cheney memos

I like it. LEAK THE CHENEY MEMOS. Tell all your friends and family.

bloggless on May 14, 2009 at 3:35 PM

If you watch it with the sound off, and then play “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina”, you can swear you’re watching the finest Evita performance ever – those hand movements! :)

yogi41 on May 14, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Why are you sweating & stumbling all over your words there Nancy? I’ve never seen a press conference make someone look so uncomfortable in a LONG time.

portlandon on May 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM

What did I say…..Lindsey Graham, on Shep’s Show, talking about Pelosi and torture……..might as well be John McCain, since Lindsey spends most of his time up John’s arse, so here we are. Didn’t shut up, didn’t just keep still and allow the democrats to self-implode….let’s move on….blah blah blah blah blah….somebody grab this queer little man and put him in a closet. Put him where they hide Biden………..This is the face of the republican party? Slap it and shut it up so that the democrats can fall on the sword.

HornetSting on May 14, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I don’t understand her fumbling of this. She’s supposed to be this smart, consumate politician. All she had to do was say, “At the time I believed waterboarding was the appropriate response in the wake of the Bush-initiated-inside-job man-created catastrophe the day after Sept. 10 and before Sept 12th. I have since changed my mind. There’s nothing wrong with changing one’s mind when one feels it’s necessary to do so. Granted, I changed my mind because the base of party is a bunch of loons, but nevertheless I agree with them because I’m a loony bitch myself.”

SouthernGent on May 14, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Isn’t the CIA filled with a bunch of left wing idealouges? (sic?)That was the impression I got by the way they leaked and sabatoged the Bush admin.

Either way I agree with a post above….LEAK THE MEMOS THAT WERE DENIED!!!! at least for self preservation purposes.

I really, really, REALLY do not like “give me fancier private jet” Pelosi !

Goodeye_Closed on May 14, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I don’t understand her fumbling of this. She’s supposed to be this smart, consumate politician. All she had to do was say, “At the time I believed waterboarding was the appropriate response in the wake of the Bush-initiated-inside-job man-created catastrophe the day after Sept. 10 and before Sept 12th. I have since changed my mind. There’s nothing wrong with changing one’s mind when one feels it’s necessary to do so. Granted, I changed my mind because the base of party is a bunch of loons, but nevertheless I agree with them because I’m a loony bat myself.”

SouthernGent on May 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM

This really inspires people to want to join the CIA, doesn’t it? (Or any intelligence or DoD organization for that matter.)
“Why should a man, however valorous, stand and die while right and left, fore and rear, his fellows deserted him?”
- From Steven Pressfield’s “Gates of Fire”

Send_Me on May 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM

HornetSting on May 14, 2009 at 3:41 PM

When the democrat socialists say bend over, Lindsey says, “WOOHOO!”

SouthernGent on May 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Memo to CIA:

While your at it,

Missing birth certificate
Michelle’s hidden “i hate white people tape”
Any and all taped conversations Ayers/Obama
Any and all taped conversations Blagoevich/Obama’s staff
Nan’s business dealings
Missing college transcripts/who paid for college
Anything else that comes to mind

PLEASE DEAR GOD…DO IT………NOW

This message brought to you by the American people

JJKRN on May 14, 2009 at 1:47 PM

+1.something TRILLION or another and half the Chrysler advertising budget

BENEDICT NANCY

falderal on May 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM

HornetSting on May 14, 2009 at 3:41 PM
When the democrat socialists say bend over, Lindsey says, “WOOHOO!”

SouthernGent on May 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM

That’s why he likes to be bi-partisan.

HornetSting on May 14, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I just heard the news conference where Peloser denies knowing what day it is. She is so pathetic that even the democrats who follow this bimbo are not fit to hold public office. When we allow incompetence to get to this level, we all suffer the consequences of the corruption that always results.

volsense on May 14, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Does Pelosi think that tying people up and whipping them is torture? If so, why does she advocate such behaviour at the SanFransico Folsom Street Fair?

SouthernGent on May 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Boy is this woman hard on the eyes. I bet in 20, 15, 10 years she takes the ugliest DC’er crown away from Helen Thomas.

veni vidi vici on May 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Still. why can’t the current members of the intelligence committee request to see the classified documents and submit a summary of what was said. Really hated using the term intelligence committee when referring to her or the majority of the Congress. Haven’t seen much intelligent thought from any of them in quite some time.

hillbilly on May 14, 2009 at 3:50 PM

So the memos are off limits, yet the memos released were under the same circumstances…so Obama purposely allowed information that was supposed to be suppressed, to be revealed?
They are digging a bigger and bigger hole…I think Nixon did the same thing.

right2bright on May 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM

That can be induced, Nancy. You’ve crossed the wrong line.

maverick muse on May 14, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Is that Nan in the commercial, where her daughter comes over, and says it’s Sunday Mom? Wow!!! So that clueless look wasn’t an act. That explains it all.

Wow Nan! Without the hair, botox, and make up you spread with a butter knife, well….I’ll just stop there. :)

capejasmine on May 14, 2009 at 3:52 PM

portlandon on May 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM

She learned from the best. Gibbs! LOL

I say we challenge them both, to a stutter off.

capejasmine on May 14, 2009 at 3:53 PM

SouthernGent on May 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM

That is great, I wish someone would ask that.
She is all for supporting that fair, they have more people caged and whipped, then we ever had at Gitmo.
Great analogy…

right2bright on May 14, 2009 at 3:53 PM

She runs the Congress of the United States, and has for a long time. It’s only funny for a minute. The damage is real, and what it says about us as a people and nation is not only truly shameful, but ought to wake us up to how low we’ve already sunk. I can’t imagine the joy at this vile, corrupt criminal’s downfall can make up for what it exposes about us.

JiangxiDad on May 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I can’t wait to see how the Cheney memo thing shakes out, b/c he’s not going to go away.

It’s going to get very ugly for Pelosi, Inc.

bluelightbrigade on May 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM

JiangxiDad on May 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I agree.

bluelightbrigade on May 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Lew_Lew on May 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Thanks for your service.

ANd I agree, O’bama makes Jimmy Carter look like a piker.

Del Dolemonte on May 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM

LOL, looks like Wolfie is gonna spin for Nan on CNN.

Gonna go make some popcorn.

Del Dolemonte on May 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Bingo.

He can’t suffer anything politically by pushing for this, as he has no remaining political ambitions and I doubt there’s anything else they can really do to pressure him.

teke184 on May 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Wolfie: “Pelosi is scrambling to set the record straight!

BWAHAHAHAHA

Del Dolemonte on May 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM

this explanation lacks any kind of credibility

Uhh, excuse me, but democrats haven’t had any credibility since Harry Truman died.

oldleprechaun on May 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Nan is going under the bus and the whole issue is about to be swept under the rug. Watch the rest of the coward Dems begin to distance themselves from her.

orlandocajun on May 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM

and Olbermann says “what does this have to do with Carrie’s implants?”

scalleywag on May 14, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I agree.

bluelightbrigade on May 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM

The bright side is the lesson some may learn about the dangers of excess hubris and pride. Call it Karma if you wish. Sometimes I think the great lessons of life which teach us about the nature of our humanity must be learned by each generation or two the hard way. There may be no alternative to this cycle of destruction and renewal. Imo, our predicament is to be present at a turning point.

JiangxiDad on May 14, 2009 at 4:09 PM

IT’S GEORGE BUSH’S FAULT!!!

This left-wing rectums will NEVER accept responsibility for their own conduct.

oldleprechaun on May 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM

This left-wing rectums will NEVER accept responsibility for their own conduct.

oldleprechaun on May 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM

But how easy it is for them, to run around the world, and tell everyone how horrible we are.

capejasmine on May 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM

scalleywag on May 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM

A senior Bush administration official points to the irony of Obama administration’s position — using a FOIA technicality to block the public disclosure of information.

“So, because Amnesty International has filed a broad FOIA request for detainee related materials, the American people are unable to see memos that document the effectiveness of our detainee program. Wouldn’t the legal memos previously released also, presumably, have been subject to this FOIA? Why wasn’t their release blocked under the same provision?”

Maybe it’s already been said, but what is one to make of the double-talk of the Obama administration in selectivly releasing information under FOIA and denying what doesn’t fit the Obama administration’s agenda.

I guess that the whole interpretation depends on what your definition of transparency is.

One has to wonder why the Obamites are so selective in their document drops.

onlineanalyst on May 14, 2009 at 4:31 PM

and Olbermann says “what does this have to do with Carrie’s implants?”

scalleywag on May 14, 2009 at 4:09 PM

We’d rather watch those?

Fighton03 on May 14, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Nancy Pelosi is the leader of the Democratic Party. Pass it on.

Jim Treacher on May 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM

This woman (and I use the term very loosely here) would make a great ‘Lie to Me’ episode…

What a minute!

Did she said she wanted a ‘truth commission?’

How friggin ironic is that?

RedbonePro on May 14, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez! She stinks on ice!!!!

Nancy really shouldn’t try tap dancing blindfolded in a mine field she herself laid. I counted Madam Speaker hitting about a dozen during that so called, ‘press conference’.

My guess is that Steny Hoyer will gladly throw Nancy under the bus sometime late Friday (tomorrow) afternoon.

Jack.

Jack Deth on May 14, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Calling the CIA a bunch of liars seems like a really bad idea to begin with. I’m guessing they can find things out about folks that even THEY don’t know about. Since it’s Pelosi we’re talking about…have at it, boys.

uncivilized on May 14, 2009 at 4:40 PM

To hang her would be an insult to the rope.

mr1216 on May 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Jack.

Jack Deth on May 14, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Yep. If you listen real close, you can hear the bus warming up in the background.

uncivilized on May 14, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I’m thinking that she may have the beginnings of brain deterioration. She just is melting down it seems.

I can’t believe she will still be Speaker by Nov. 2010.

Should we all send her lots of cats for her old age?

Sapwolf on May 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Nancy Pelosi is the leader of the Democratic Party. Pass it on.

Jim Treacher on May 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM

LOL!

Sapwolf on May 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Wow, and this doddering old bag is the Speaker of The House. Dippy old dame needs to be retired playing with the grandkids.

Oh how our enemies are laughing. How utterly sad.

FireBlogger on May 14, 2009 at 2:02 PM

You would let her near children?

darktood on May 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Nancy Pelosi is the leader of the Democratic Party. Pass it on.

Jim Treacher on May 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM

Good reminder Jim.

Can ya see her gaveling a CIA agent into submission?

Rovin on May 14, 2009 at 4:46 PM

“Speaking of torture, anyone ever hear Nancy speak out against the stoning or lashing of women? Being so vehemently against it, you’d think she’d be the spokeswoman for putting an end to this barbaric treatment, but I don’t recall her ever saying anything about it.

scalleywag on May 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM”

Speaking of torture…has anyone ever heard Ganny Botox speak! Give me waterboarding anyday!

orlandocajun on May 14, 2009 at 4:48 PM

She really is mad! LOL I love it! She still is not as mad as a typical conservative.

The funny thing is she keeps going back to her original statement. Why? Because she knows if she speaks too much “off the cuff” she will say something to prove she is lying.

jeffn21 on May 14, 2009 at 2:14 PM

I wrote this earlier and then I just got my “Rush in a Hurry” email that says what I missedon Rush today. He said this: “A stumbling, bumbling, nonsensical defense of the absurd claim on waterboarding. Note she wouldn’t say a word that wasn’t written down on paper. You don’t do that if it’s in your heart.”

I could do Rush’s job, easy…. LOL

jeffn21 on May 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Bingo.

teke184 on May 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Thanks to the complete and successful demonization of the man by the left, over a period of 8 years. My gosh, these people have a talent for unintended consequences. Like Limbaugh says, put a bag of crap in front of a lefty, and they’ll step into it every time.

ddrintn on May 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM

People who have Comcast only get a headline repeating Pelosi’s claim that “Bush’s team mislead” her.

The local radio summarizes her view, so that no one hears her stammering stuttering performance, and repeats her lies.

Unless Somebody says or does Something, this will slide away during the weekend, with most people not knowing anything except the the Bad Bush White Men in the Bad CIA did something Bad, and Nancy is of course upset

Janos Hunyadi on May 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM

There’s a big difference between watching a good liar (Bill Clinton) and a bad liar (Pelosi).

Even people who are hard-wired to defend anything any Democrat ever says about anything must be squirming when they watch Nancy. She is a piece of work.

cruadin on May 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM

There are only 2 Truth Commissions I want.

1) Who & what caused the economic collapse – specifically

2) ACORN/SEIU

This debate about torture is emboldening terrorists and prolonging the WOT, both of which lead to more American troops dying(as well as coalition troops).

As usual, Dems are the Party of Death.

Connie on May 14, 2009 at 5:01 PM

FREE THE CHENEY MEMOS.

bloggless on May 14, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Janos Hunyadi on May 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I don’t know about that. I think there are a lot of Democrat long knives out for Queen Nancy.

ddrintn on May 14, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I was thinking about the show 24. Nearly every season there is one or more government leaks and/or traitors that end up helping the enemy.

This real life scenario above with Pelosi wouldn’t work with TV because it’s just unbelievable. The audience wouldn’t buy the story. But true life is often stranger than fiction.

shick on May 14, 2009 at 5:03 PM

LOL! CNN just ran back-to-back clips of Rummy and O’bama saying the exact same thing 5 years apart.

Del Dolemonte on May 14, 2009 at 5:03 PM

HornetSting on May 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Fox is on all day long as background electronic wallpaper. Keeps me up-to-date. I’m a Fox junkie.

But, if I’m near the mute button I have to activate it the minute Shep or Geraldo are on the air.

Shep has become disposable. I don’t mind listening to the flip side of the coin but Shep isn’t even offering that: he has become something strident and strange.

I have let Fox News know of my feelings about him.

Geraldo has always been beyond comprehension.

Yoop on May 14, 2009 at 5:14 PM

SKYFOX on May 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM

thread winner

right wing chicky on May 14, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I guess this means we won’t get the entertaining spectacle of a Truth Commission?

ddrintn on May 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Does anyone think, or has anyone pondered to possibility that other countries might be involved, or mentioned in the EIT memos? If they are, they may not be to happy with Dear Leader or the Meme. No kidding!

freeus on May 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM

How are so many people, so easily (apparently) “misled” running our country?

Just how easily mislead ARE the dopes who vote for these lying sacks of dog crap?

SuperCool on May 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM

And this might hurt Colin Powell as well because he leaned, or made moves based on CIA intel! I mean she is saying the CIA is always lying! AND if this is what she wants to preach, then does that not absolve Bush from all the Iraq screaming memes because HE was lied to? Hmmm.

I am beginning to think Meme might be spending more time with the kiddies in the not to distant future!

freeus on May 14, 2009 at 5:36 PM

freeus on May 14, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Seems to me that by claiming the CIA “always lies”, she is also admitting that Valerie Plame was lying when she claimed to be a covert agent.

Del Dolemonte on May 14, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Either this woman just stepped on her crank, or she has the biggest balls in D.C.

The CIA may be full of people who can and will do dirty deeds, but they ARE STILL a beauracracy. They will soon come out with documents showing what was on the agenda to be briefed, what was actually discussed, what senator / congress critter was interested in what part etc…

Either she has a flush and the ace up her sleeve, or this play will sink her. I don’t know about you folks, but I am breaking out the pop-corn.

ArkCon on May 14, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Oh, but she did complain, really…she was blinking ‘torture’ in morse code at the State of the Union speech.

James on May 14, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I’m wondering if her staff even tried to get her to do this via a written statement. She should never, i mean NEVER, get in front of actual reporters. How could they watch her past performances and think she could articulate a plausible explanation to an obvious lie. It’s sad to say but, as a conservative, I hope she survives because she is the best living, breathing example of liberalism in America.

MajorKong on May 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Nancy Pelosi and Helen Thomas are all wrinkled. The smoothe skin of the ayrabs should be much more wrinkled and prunelike
after being soaked 183 times. Are we sure Nncy has’nt been waterboarded and dried wrinkled?

seven on May 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM

This girl is now officially skating on thin ice! Come on global warming!!

InTheBellyoftheBeast on May 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM

saturday night live on pelosi

ranchoforte on May 14, 2009 at 6:37 PM