Quotes of the day

posted at 10:37 pm on May 14, 2009 by Allahpundit

President Barack Obama, calling current deficit spending “unsustainable,” warned of skyrocketing interest rates for consumers if the U.S. continues to finance government by borrowing from other countries.

“We can’t keep on just borrowing from China,” Obama said at a town-hall meeting in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, outside Albuquerque. “We have to pay interest on that debt, and that means we are mortgaging our children’s future with more and more debt.”

Holders of U.S. debt will eventually “get tired” of buying it, causing interest rates on everything from auto loans to home mortgages to increase, Obama said. “It will have a dampening effect on our economy.”

***
The Troubled Assets Relief Program, which has not yet been used for its supposed purpose (to purchase such assets from banks), has been the instrument of the administration’s adventure in the automobile industry. TARP’s $700 billion, like much of the supposed “stimulus” money, is a slush fund the executive branch can use as it pleases. This is as lawless as it would be for Congress to say to the IRS: We need $3.5 trillion to run the government next year, so raise it however you wish — from whomever, at whatever rates you think suitable. Don’t bother us with details…

The Obama administration’s agenda of maximizing dependency involves political favoritism cloaked in the raiment of “economic planning” and “social justice” that somehow produce results superior to what markets produce when freedom allows merit to manifest itself, and incompetence to fail. The administration’s central activity — the political allocation of wealth and opportunity — is not merely susceptible to corruption, it is corruption.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I knew this would be the QOTD!

He knows full well that he looks like a complete hypocrite – but you see, it doesn’t matter now, the money is gone! That’s why we need YOUR money! And universal healthcare because that will also cut costs (WTF?).

The guy is George Orwell’s worst nightmare.

WisCon on May 15, 2009 at 12:06 AM

The Social Security Administration, which sent out 52 million checks, says that some of those checks mistakenly went to dead people because the agency had no record of their death. That amounts to between 8,000 and 10,000 checks for millions of dollars.
Hurry up and stimulate the economy!

Loxodonta on May 14, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I read about this yesterday. One guy, 83, was interviewed and said that his mother who has been dead for 42 years got a check. I figured that she was being thanked for her vote.

thomasaur on May 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM

This dolt is nurturing the fundamentals of a major world war.

Saltysam on May 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM

This dolt is nurturing the fundamentals of a major world war.

Saltysam on May 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Yes he is, sadly. Yes he is.

Weight of Glory on May 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Countdown to the BO mental breakdown…

Daggett on May 15, 2009 at 12:10 AM

We need to cut our military and increase our military, release sensitive material while keeping it to ourselves and utilize ACORN in helping fight voter fraud. Amen.

2Tru2Tru on May 15, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Welcome to the House of Obama & Emamuel!

TN Mom on May 15, 2009 at 12:11 AM

This dolt is nurturing the fundamentals of a major world war.

Saltysam on May 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Yes he is, sadly. Yes he is.

Weight of Glory on May 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Hey, isn’t that how FDR got us out of the depression?

Let’s sit back and spend all of our money on “social Programs” for the “people” and not worry about what the hell is going on in the rest of the world. Then let’s wait for another surprise attack and then we can go to war and the depression will soon end…..Brilliant, just brilliant!!!

Hey, at least we don’t have to worry about Iraq launching any nukes….
Thanks George, we owe you.

izoneguy on May 15, 2009 at 12:14 AM

MB4 on May 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM

The double-talk is all straight out of Alinksy’s Rules for Radicals.

Daggett on May 15, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Well they are trying really hard but America is a resilient country. I don’t believe that Dick Cheney and Barack Obama are at cross purposes, aren’t they like cousins or something :) What will the end result be- Nancy Pelosi can’t keep weathering these self induced storms….although if you think about it Obama gave her a push when he announced he would release the C.I.A. memos, and that he planned on releasing photos from way back Abu Gharib. Which already had trials people already punished. I don’t even see the point in mentioning those photos except as Political Bait get those red hackles up :) Nan might have thought she was going to have company out there on that self righteous- indignant ledge.

Dr Evil on May 15, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Obama’s Double-Talk
While the president talks sobriety, his policies take America on an economic bender.
Barack Obama’s revelatory moment may have come in his first week as president. On his first day of work, he signed an executive order prohibiting lobbyists from holding highranking administration jobs, thereby fulfilling a campaign promise to “close the revolving door” between K Street and government via “the most sweeping ethics reform in history.” Two days later, the president granted a “waiver” from the new rules to install Raytheon lobbyist William Lynn as the No. 2 man in the Pentagon.

As offenses go, the move was trivial. But as a signal of a governing pathology, it established a pattern that Obama has repeated serially since being sworn into office: reiterate a high-sounding promise from the campaign, undermine said promise with a concrete act of governance to the contrary, then claim with a straight face that the campaign promise has been and will continue to be fulfilled.

Once you identify the president’s tic of celebrating the very campaign promises that he breaks, you’ll see it everywhere.

MB4 on May 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM

You see – the Obamatron’s open their ears for the campaign speech and then fall for it….but ask an Obamatron a question like – “DId you know that Obama hired a lobbyist to work in the Pentagon?

And the answer would be -

What’s a Pentagram?

izoneguy on May 15, 2009 at 12:18 AM

izoneguy on May 15, 2009 at 12:14 AM

We have no Churchill this time…

and who will we lend-lease to this time?

Seems to me, we will be the ones looking for a loan-lease.

Not good.

Saltysam on May 15, 2009 at 12:20 AM

He’s like a junkie, telling the kids how bad drugs are, while he’s hustling up his next fix.

This can’t really be happening . . .

califcon on May 15, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Don’t worry, it will all go back to normal when the financial crisis is over, and that will occur sometime during Ogabe’s fifth Presidential term. Maybe….he’ll see how things are and make a decision when the time comes.

Bishop on May 14, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Fidel Castro redux.

Johan Klaus on May 15, 2009 at 12:26 AM

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM

We are now 15 days after the first hundred days.

Each day feels like a month.

Saltysam on May 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM

If there’s anybody here that hasn’t read 1984 yet, here it is in it’s entirety.

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 12:40 AM

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Funny you mention it, the thought has been on my mind a lot lately. I happen to have a copy by my keyboard, right now.

I took it down from the shelf and dusted it off last week.

I went all the way to the end and read those last two chilling paragraphs…

The voice from the telescreen was still pouring forth its tale of prisoners and booty and slaughter, but the shouting outside had died down a little. The waiters were turning back to their work. One of them approached with the gin bottle. Winston, sitting in a blissful dream, paid no attention as his glass was filled up. He was not running or cheering any longer. He was back in the Ministry of Love, with everything forgiven, his soul white as snow. He was in the public dock, confessing everything, implicating everybody. He was walking down the white-tiled corridor, with the feeling of walking in sunlight, and an armed guard at his back. The longhoped-for bullet was entering his brain.

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

Saltysam on May 15, 2009 at 12:50 AM

We are now 15 days after the first hundred days.

Each day feels like a month.

Saltysam on May 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I know it’s difficult. I confess that at times I get depressed, frustrated, angry, even frightened.

Yet I still have faith in the future because of people like you. People who are good natured, kind to others, principled, and rational. These strengths can be relied upon to help us through these dark times. I understand your feelings, but please do not sell yourself short. You have much to contribute to a better future.

Loxodonta on May 15, 2009 at 1:01 AM

This dolt is nurturing the fundamentals of a major world civil war.

Susanboo on May 15, 2009 at 1:09 AM

I would suggest everyone buy a copy of Rosetta Stone Chinese…they are going to own us soon thanks to this moron!

BadMojo on May 15, 2009 at 1:10 AM

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM

BLACK IS WHITE

does that mean Obama is a member of the KKK?

Fighton03 on May 15, 2009 at 1:11 AM

does that mean Obama is a member of the KKK?

Fighton03 on May 15, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Hahah, reminds me of the Chapelle skit where he played an old blind black man who was the true leader of the KKK, the white guys just didn’t have the heart to tell him he was black! Hilarious stuff!

BadMojo on May 15, 2009 at 1:14 AM

The question to ask …………..

“Did you read those spending bills you signed into law…?”

Seven Percent Solution on May 15, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Loxodonta on May 15, 2009 at 1:01 AM

I was at my office the other day and had some down time, (it is slow in the Interior Design business these days), so I logged onto the internet to check out my favorite news and blog sites. I read through some headlines for a few moments, and before I knew it, i was so depressed that I was crying. I just can’t believe that this Country elected this fool of a man, and that he is even worse, and has caused us more harm then any of us ever imagined. I have always had faith that God would get us through bad times, and that America would always come out okay, but this time I am beginning to think that he has another plan for us. A Country cannot continue on in this manner and not pay for it. I’m afraid that we are in for a rocky ride, and I pray that the ride will be over soon, so they may live, and work in the kind of country established by our forefathers.

Susanboo on May 15, 2009 at 1:34 AM

I happen to agree with the President on this issue. I have noticed a problem that is analogous happening at Hot Air that I hope to help correct.

The administrators of the site continue to let Mormon posters comment at will. The situation is getting out of hand and I am greatly concerned. Naturally I am doing everything I can but it seems that my multiple posts each day are not having the impact I had hoped. I remain committed to resolving this problem and will increase the number of my posts in hopes of correcting this growing problem.

Mormon Doc on May 15, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Now that’s the George Will I know. He tries to write about lighter stuff every now and then, be humorous, etc. etc. but that just often leads to the embarrassing article he did on blue jeans last month. Outside of baseball I don’t care for his writings that don’t deal with political events.

And here in this article he absolutely exposes the Obama administration.

manofaiki on May 15, 2009 at 1:37 AM

Saltysam on May 15, 2009 at 12:50 AM

The nature of the first QOTD made me recall the war theme in 1984, especially the last sentence below, because it illustrates so well how people can willfully allow themselves to be duped by obvious propaganda.

From Part 1, Chapter 3:

Since about that time, war had been literally continuous, though strictly speaking it had not always been the same war. [...] At this moment, for example, in 1984 (if it was 1984), Oceania was at war with Eurasia and in alliance with Eastasia. In no public or private utterance was it ever admitted that the three powers had at any time been grouped along different lines. Actually, as Winston well knew, it was only four years since Oceania had been at war with Eastasia and in alliance with Eurasia. But that was merely a piece of furtive knowledge which he happened to possess because his memory was not satisfactorily under control. Officially the change of partners had never happened. Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia. The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil, and it followed that any past or future agreement with him was impossible.

From Part 2, Chapter 5:

[...]It was rather more of a shock to him when he discovered from some chance remark that she did not remember that Oceania, four years ago, had been at war with Eastasia and at peace with Eurasia. It was true that she regarded the whole war as a sham: but apparently she had not even noticed that the name of the enemy had changed. ‘I thought we’d always been at war with Eurasia,’ she said vaguely. It frightened him a little. The invention of aeroplanes dated from long before her birth, but the switchover in the war had happened only four years ago, well after she was grown up. He argued with her about it for perhaps a quarter of an hour. In the end he succeeded in forcing her memory back until she did dimly recall that at one time Eastasia and not Eurasia had been the enemy. But the issue still struck her as unimportant. ‘Who cares?’ she said impatiently. ‘It’s always one bloody war after another, and one knows the news is all lies anyway.’

From Part 2, Chapter 9:

On the sixth day of Hate Week, after the processions, the speeches, the shouting, the singing, the banners, the posters, the films, the waxworks, the rolling of drums and squealing of trumpets, the tramp of marching feet, the grinding of the caterpillars of tanks, the roar of massed planes, the booming of guns — after six days of this, when the great orgasm was quivering to its climax and the general hatred of Eurasia had boiled up into such delirium that if the crowd could have got their hands on the 2,000 Eurasian war-criminals who were to be publicly hanged on the last day of the proceedings, they would unquestionably have torn them to pieces — at just this moment it had been announced that Oceania was not after all at war with Eurasia. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Eurasia was an ally.

[...]The thing that impressed Winston in looking back was that the speaker had switched from one line to the other actually in midsentence, not only without a pause, but without even breaking the syntax.

[...]Oceania was at war with Eastasia: Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

Every time I hear somebody earnestly talking about, “hope and change”, with a religious tone of voice I think about that last line.

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Mr. Obama………..

“Don’t blame Hyper-Inflation on me……………

………… I was told to sign those spending bills!!!”

Seven Percent Solution on May 15, 2009 at 1:42 AM

Yuval Levin, of NRO’s The Corner, asks a great question about Obama’s analysis of the debt problem:

If he understands the problem, and sees where it will lead, what is his excuse for making it worse?

Loxodonta on May 15, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Mormon Doc on May 15, 2009 at 1:34 AM

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 1:49 AM

One thing you do kinda have to admire is his ability to keep a straight face as he spouts all this contradictory nonsense. Most people would have a hard time not cracking up. I’ve found that when he comes on TV to bless us with some more of his oratorical wonderfulness, if you just turn down the volume and crank up some Stevie Wonder, all that side to side head bobbing isn’t nearly as irritating. Now if we could just get him to throw away his copy of B. Mussolini’s ” Commanding Body Language for Upstart Dictators” and lose that thrusting chin tilt, I might only have to drink myself to sleep three nights a week, instead of seven.

djaces on May 15, 2009 at 1:51 AM

The gall is astounding.

AnninCA on May 15, 2009 at 1:56 AM

The bast**d is trying to hijack the tea party movement.

Guy thinks he’s Rino.

Sapwolf on May 15, 2009 at 1:58 AM

by a 3-1 margin “Bush ate my homework” is wearing thin… he is gonna get burned bad when he finally goes to the well one too many times…

sven10077 on May 14, 2009 at 11:20 PM

HA!!HA!!!

Just missed this one by a month.
I predicted this would get old by April.

The liberals have the whole enchilada to themselves and no one to blame when they drop it.

Baxter Greene on May 15, 2009 at 2:00 AM

Is this guy schizophrenic or something?

….WTF.

HE is saying the debt is unsustainable, yet HE is the one that’s going to put us in upwards of 17 TRILLION in debt within ten years? He’s causing the debt, and now he wants to go to his split personality and rail against it?

Holy crap. I voted for it before…oh wait, I didn’t vote for it, I IMPLEMENTED IT…before I said it’s unsustainable…oh wait, did I say that or was that the other sock puppet? OOOOOOHHHH MIIIIICHEEEELLLLE! WHERE’S MY TIN HAT!!!

We need to get rid of this moron. FAST.

Spiritk9 on May 15, 2009 at 2:04 AM

The choice of Biden for VP is starting to make more sense. Think two words; LIFE INSURANCE!

djaces on May 15, 2009 at 2:08 AM

Is this guy schizophrenic or something?

….WTF.

Holy crap.

Spiritk9 on May 15, 2009 at 2:04 AM

The Strange Case of Professor Obama and Mr Hussein is a real life tragic drama playing out in the aftermath of the Presidential election of 2008. It is about the dilemma of the American citizen who sees profound dissonances between the new found Messiah, Professor Obama, and the misanthropic Mr. Hussein. It is a vivid portrayal of a split personality, split in the sense that within the same person there is both an apparently good and an evil personality each being quite distinct from the other. In mainstream culture the very phrase “Obama and Hussien” will come to mean a person who’s words are vastly different in character from his actions.

Sigmund on May 15, 2009 at 2:44 AM

What’s this nonsense about “mormon” posters?

AnninCA on May 15, 2009 at 3:17 AM

AnninCA on May 15, 2009 at 3:17 AM

It was a parody of Obama’s Orwellian double-think in the first quote.

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 3:36 AM

It’s sort of breathtaking in a way. He fully admits he’s spending us into oblivion yet he’s proceeding to do so anyways. Normally liberals deny the destructive outcome of their policies but Obama flat out said it and is doing it anyways.

I’m speechless.

Yakko77 on May 15, 2009 at 3:43 AM

Currently headlined on Drudge:
Dead People Get Stimulus Checks

Hurry up and stimulate the economy!

Loxodonta on May 14, 2009 at 11:52 PM

In a Zombie economy , the dead should get money. It’s called bank bailout.

the_nile on May 15, 2009 at 4:31 AM

He should know, he’s the expert.

Never before have so few spent so much so quickly.

Mr Purple on May 15, 2009 at 4:46 AM

Could this type of speech be directed at the “centrist” types like all the Frums and the Brooks. So they can stay comfy in denial for a while longer.

the_nile on May 15, 2009 at 4:56 AM

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Two new ones coming up ,

DEBT IS WEALTH

SPENDING IS SAVING

the_nile on May 15, 2009 at 4:57 AM

So in advocating for his economic policy, Obama is using the words stimulus and unsustainable.

From the dictionary,

stimulus – something that incites to action or exertion or quickens action, feeling, thought, etc.

unsustainable – not able to be maintained or supported in the future, esp. without causing damage or depletion of a resource

Hrmmm, I tend to think the two don’t go hand-in-hand.

Yakko77 on May 15, 2009 at 5:18 AM

The bast**d is trying to hijack the tea party movement.

I think you may have a point there. I bet someone showed him the list of all the tea parties that have been organized and explained to him what they meant; more than a million people protesting against him and his polices. This time he will not be able to pretend they did not happen.

Franklyn on May 15, 2009 at 5:31 AM

As was said elsewhere by a pundit (and I wish that I had bookmarked the exact words), when the financial meltdown began last fall, people were not running around saying that they wished we had a national healthcare policy in order to have dodged this bullet. Out economic woes were not caused by nor will they be solved by a national healthcare boondoggle. Yank this megalomaniac from the stage already before he does anymore damage.

onlineanalyst on May 15, 2009 at 6:04 AM

Currently headlined on Drudge:
Dead People Get Stimulus Checks

Then it has to be the same list used monthly. How many are freaking out that their dead relatives check is gonna stop!

Coastal Paradise on May 15, 2009 at 6:37 AM

The Hopey/Changey Roman Temple Pillars of Unsustainability!

canopfor on May 15, 2009 at 6:56 AM

are we the only ones who see the lie here? please tell me that yall are seeing alot of buyers’ remorse out there.

kelley in virginia on May 15, 2009 at 7:28 AM

I have to see the video – I’m curious whether he was able to keep a straight face…

blish on May 15, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Anybody ever see this 1934 political cartoon?

LtE126 on May 15, 2009 at 7:39 AM

Barack is using “right wing” language for leftist/fascist purposes. To begin with, blaming the current economic problems on the cost of health care is an outright lie (as is blaming it on “Bush Tax Cuts”. Clearly, adding to the debt with ObaMaoCare is suicidal.

He will use the debt as an excuse to raise taxes on the eevil oil companies, drug companies, WalMart, any sector he chooses to target.

The RNC better get its act together and run advertising NOW.

Buy Danish on May 15, 2009 at 7:39 AM

really, bambi & the dems give the RNC ad material everyday. why aren’t they saying anything?

kelley in virginia on May 15, 2009 at 7:45 AM

This dolt is nurturing the fundamentals of a major world war.

Saltysam on May 15, 2009

I have been wondering whether this guy’s ultimate goal is not to be President of the World. some people think he is so smart. I don’t think so. I think he is just arrogant and cold. He has made so many gaffs and said so many moronic kinds of things,,,, it’s just that nobody calls him on it.
Obama is where he is because of the adoring press. He reminds me more of the character in that old Peter Sellers movie “Being There,” about the stumbling fool who ends up becoming king of the world just be showing up continually in the right place at the right time.
It really isn’t that he is so smart,,, it’s just that our nation and our party has so few real men. Most of the men today are women.

JellyToast on May 15, 2009 at 7:46 AM

And from Obama’s radio address:

“Americans know that they have a responsibility to live within their means and pay what they owe.”

I guess this proves it – Obama admits he is a citizen of Kenya.

fred5678 on May 15, 2009 at 7:52 AM

This dolt is nurturing the fundamentals of a major world war.

Saltysam on May 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Maybe he thinks if we blow China off the map we won’t have to pay them back.

snickelfritz on May 15, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Bingo.

bluelightbrigade on May 15, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Susanboo

“God didn’t do this. We did this.”
I have always believed that the founders, frail and flawed human beings like all of us, were divinely inspired to form a great nation under the guidance and laws of Providence.
That did not make us perfect, but it helped us regain the path every time we strayed. For the past 100 years or so we appear to have moved further away from our founding principles while embracing a progressive ideal that is man-centered, not God-centered. One of the consequences of this movement is to make all manner of aberrations more palatable. We can blame whomever we like, but ultimately, it is our own fault. The truth has always been known and we chose to turn our backs on it.
I think we are at a crossroads. The choice seems to be subservience or revolution. I would like to believe that we can vote our way out of this and avoid the devastation, but that doesn’t seem rational because the general will of the people right now is to surrender freedom for false security. You don’t turn that around in an instant. Every move toward state control of our lives is being rationalized in one way or another. We cannot sit back and hope it all turns out all right. We know that it won’t. We need a leader in the mold of the founding fathers. Right now I don’t see one. I will pray for that leader to step forward and for the eyes to see and the strength to do whatever must be done.
We got ourselves into this. Only with God’s help will we get ourselves out.

SKYFOX on May 15, 2009 at 8:26 AM

WE can’t keep borrowing from China?? Who’s WE?

ctmom on May 15, 2009 at 8:27 AM

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Two new ones coming up ,

DEBT IS WEALTH

SPENDING IS SAVING

the_nile on May 15, 2009 at 4:57 AM

The bast**d is trying to hijack the tea party movement.

Franklyn on May 15, 2009 at 5:31 AM

“We’ve always been at war with Eastasia”

JiangxiDad on May 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Bankruptcy = Prosperity, Obama’s Addition To Orwell.

“To summarize (and I paraphrase very loosely): Do whatever you want. It doesn’t matter if you contradict yourself from one day to the next as long as you keep some new thing in the news every day to distract people from your latest contradiction.” Addition, Be A Halfrican American Affirmative Action Based Liberal President so that the Liberal Media will cover up all your gaffes and/or explain them all away while praising Dear Leader’s extraordinary leadership, and dissing the opposition with cries of racism and irrelevance.

eaglewingz08 on May 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM

BuyDanish is right.

Obama is trying to co-opt the language. If he can convince people that he and the GOP acknowledge the same problem, then he can frame the answer how he wants. Otherwise, he’s going to appear more and more out of touch to the general population.

This what did W in; the inability to address an issue before it exploded. Obama talks about it now, so the mouthpieces can go out and say “The President has spoken about how this debt…blahblah” and then blame it on Regan Economics.

We’ll know things are heating up when we hear from “Balanced Budget” Bill.

budfox on May 15, 2009 at 8:48 AM

The thief complains that the store has been robbed!

Preposterous.

petefrt on May 15, 2009 at 8:52 AM

President Barack Obama, calling current deficit spending “unsustainable,”

That’s funny, because that’s the exact same word I’ve been using to criticize his spending.

BadgerHawk on May 15, 2009 at 8:54 AM

Reminds me of a drunk downing shooters and mumbling after each on, “This is gonna kill me one day.”

Rod on May 15, 2009 at 8:57 AM

He can say that with a straight face. I give him credit.

Hilts on May 15, 2009 at 8:59 AM

O/T Obama announces appointment of left wing incompetent Dr. Thomas Frieden of NYC Department of Health to head the CDC. This is the man who banned smoking and transfats from commercial establishments, while ignoring rat infestations and bedbug infestations(which are really within the direct responsibility of his agency) in restaurants and housing in the City. So if you want someone who ignores the primary responsibilities of his agency in order to go off on puritanical self righteous larks, then Dr. Frieden is top of the list. New Yorkers thank Barack for getting this hack out of the City, but our gain is the nation’s loss. I especially found Mr. Obama’s statement about CDC preparedness on swine flu to be more hooey than you could find at a pig farm. The CDC badly bungled the swine flu outbreak and it should have received a demerit badge for not recognizing the outbreak in Mexico and being slow on the trigger to contain it. Indeed it brought to mind FEMA’s alleged non response during Katrina. But that was a Republican President and we have a black/arab Democrap now, so everything is hunky dory and there are no problems (except for those pesky republican ‘right wing extremists’):

“WASHINGTON – Today, President Barack Obama announced that he has appointed Dr. Thomas Frieden, currently Commissioner of the New York City Health Department, as Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

President Obama also announced that Acting CDC Director Dr. Rich Besser, who has led the CDC’s Coordinating Office for Terrorism Preparedness and Emergency Response for the past four years, will continue in this role.

President Obama said, “America relies on a strong public health system and the work at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is critical to our mission to preserve and protect the health and safety of our citizens. Dr. Frieden is an expert in preparedness and response to health emergencies, and has been at the forefront of the fight against heart disease, cancer and obesity, infectious diseases such as tuberculosis and AIDS, and in the establishment of electronic health records. Dr. Frieden has been a leader in the fight for health care reform, and his experiences confronting public health challenges in our country and abroad will be essential in this new role.”

President Obama added, “Secretary Sebelius and I thank Acting CDC Director Dr. Rich Besser and the women and men throughout the CDC for their superb work, especially over the past weeks. Dr. Besser has led the CDC’s Coordinating Office for Terrorism Preparedness and Emergency Response for the past four years, and those preparations were essential during the recent H1N1 flu detection and response activities. We are very pleased he will continue in that role.” Frieden will begin his work at the CDC in early June.

eaglewingz08 on May 15, 2009 at 9:11 AM

So he gets what the Tea Parties are all about now. That’s good! That’s real good, Barry!

Rae on May 15, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Susanboo on May 15, 2009 at 1:34 AM

I feel your pain….when the give you lemons you make lemonade.

My goal in life is to mock, ridicule, be-little, beclown, and generally show up Obama for what he is. This man will have no legacy. He will be outed as a fraud and an incompentent boob – a tool of the Marxist left that as hard as they try, they will not bring down the good, decent people of America.

izoneguy on May 15, 2009 at 9:37 AM

If that’s what Totus said, then that’s what Dear Leader is going to repeat.

If you really want insite on O, read 2Cor 11:14 & 15. “It’s in the Bible”. Our chickens are now roosting.

Kissmygrits on May 15, 2009 at 9:40 AM

If there’s anybody here that hasn’t read 1984 yet, here it is in it’s entirety.

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 12:40 AM

*spoiler*
It doesn’t have a happy ending.

Count to 10 on May 15, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Wow. Just…wow. My brain just broke. Can our country survive this man?

inmypajamas on May 15, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Let it never be said that the creature in the White House ever, even for one second, overestimates the intellignence of the American people.

Literally, what he says today and what he said yesterday have no connection whatsover. Zero. Yet, he makes his fantasy proclamations du jour with impunity.

Sadly, in his estimation of the American people, his contempt for their judgement is one area where he is probably correct.

notagool on May 15, 2009 at 10:46 AM

silly question. Are spiraling Health care costs really what got us into this mess?

ctmom on May 15, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Him and Biden must bounce these retarded sound bytes off each other…

Wyznowski on May 15, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Susanboo on May 15, 2009 at 1:34 AM

I had a similar experience one day last week. Just cruising around the blogs and was stunned to realize I was starting to cry. How is this happening? Is there nothing anyone can do to stop it? How can anyone with a functioning brain cell listen to this maniac scolding Americans for unsustainable debt and not realize the horrible danger he is to this country?

califcon on May 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM

This bastard keeps screwing with our heads by telling the truth. And I’m all like – well – yeah – so why are you spending like you have some inside info on an extinction level event about to occur? But he doesn’t ever answer that question. And you see he has kids of his own who you would think he’d be working extra hard to insure they have a future and yet he keeps spending and then he SCREWS with our heads by saying that “All this spending is unsustainable and will lead to hyper inflation” and I’m all like – well – yeah – so why are you still spending?

Crazy.

BrideOfRove on May 15, 2009 at 11:25 AM

My husband thinks I’m losing it. Everytime I go to Sam’s Club I bring home a case of water and another couple of cases of canned food. I’m looking into rain barrels now. I am terrified that when the economic collapse comes, that we will be left in a banana republic and all hell will break loose! I’m teaching myself homesteading. Our property isn’t that big, but I’m putting a garden on about half of it. Oh well, if nothing happens, at least I will have learned a valuable new skill.

JAM on May 15, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Rush is opening his show with this by saying that Obama has thrown himself under the bus.

FloatingRock on May 15, 2009 at 12:09 PM

FloatingRock

Obama is decrying the very thing he’s most guilty of so that the idiots who voted for him (includes the MSM) can excuse or ignore his involvment by pointing out that their messiah spoke out against it. The evidence is irrelevant. The words are what matters.

SKYFOX on May 15, 2009 at 12:23 PM

Obama is running the country into the ground. It will take us a decade to stabilize, if we ever do.

spmat on May 15, 2009 at 12:46 PM