Oh my: Hoyer won’t back up Pelosi on claim that CIA lied

posted at 7:26 pm on May 14, 2009 by Allahpundit

Granted, he wasn’t at the briefing in 2002 so he can’t say which side is right, but it speaks volumes that he’s unwilling to offer even a pro forma “I’ve never known Nancy to be untruthful” in her defense. Combine this with him telling reporters a few days ago that any torture truth commission should investigate Pelosi too and it’s pretty clear that even her own number two’s not betting on her version of events. And why would he? She’s a terrible liar. No sense in letting the sinking ship take him down too.

Rep. Steny Hoyer, the House majority leader, panned the recent criticism of Pelosi as a “distraction” during a verbal tangle with Republican Whip Eric Cantor on the House floor.

But when asked directly whether he shares Pelosi’s belief that the CIA misled Congress, he backed off.

“I have no idea of that. I don’t have a belief of that nature because I have no basis on which to base such a belief,” Hoyer said. “And I certainly hope that’s not the case. And I don’t draw that conclusion.”

Below, once again from master clipster Greg Hengler, two minutes of Krauthammer destroying Pelosi on tonight’s “Special Report.” Per his concluding remark, the only thing I’ll say in Madam Speaker’s semi-defense here is that it’s tragic that he, Ed, and pretty much all the rest of us routinely expect the CIA to try to destroy her politically now with well-placed leaks. They did it to Bush, of course, and so there’s rough justice in it being her turn, but how sad that we’re so inured to Hoover-esque tactics by the agency against politicians they don’t like that we’re treating this as a matter of course. As exceedingly unlikely as it is that they lied to her in the briefing, if it turns out somehow to be true then the Dems really do need to follow through with their momentarily nutty idea of prosecuting people for it.

Comments

Oops. Obviously should have been “never forget”

wccawa on May 14, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I think Pelosi wants to send them to Right Wing America to even out the Extremists on the “Extreme Scale”

Upstater85 on May 14, 2009 at 8:51 PM
I am not sure any liberal could do something as cruel to the terrorists as making them be neighbors to right-wingers like pro-lifers, homschoolers and fiscal conservative, that would in their minds be worse than the scalpel thing.

neuquenguy on May 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM

At least the right wingers like pro-lifers, homeschoolers, you should have been homeschooled, and fiscal conservatives would not impregnate your dog, try to talk your dog into an abortion, tax the holy batcrap out of you, and you know what, their kids are probably smarter than you so they can do your taxes for you.

HornetSting on May 14, 2009 at 8:59 PM

I see no leadership, but at least he’s from the west… Pelosi, is from the flamin’ left coast.

Upstater85 on May 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM

He’s also a somewhat better liar.

terryannonline on May 14, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Ok, now that she has accused everybody else of lying, when does she crack the case of the wardroom strawberries?

A Balrog of Morgoth on May 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I’m sure the boys are dusting of a Piper Cub for her flight back to San Fran.

heshtesh on May 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM

He’s also a somewhat better liar.

terryannonline on May 14, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Yeah, you don’t see piddle leaking down his leg…

Upstater85 on May 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I just don’t see how from all the people to choose from in House of Representatives why they would give the position to Pelosi? She doesn’t seem like a good leader. She definitely not the smartest person in the House. She’s not very articulate or charasmatic. WHY?

terryannonline on May 14, 2009 at 8:48 PM

At the time partisanship was in vogue and she had the resume. And a woman. Now her style is not in vogue so she is going to be hung out to dry on this one.

Theworldisnotenough on May 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM

wccawa on May 14, 2009 at 8:58 PM

No, never forget, but get even.

There are some people we will never be able to sit down and have a rational discussion with. Trolls come to mind.

Upstater85 on May 14, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I guess another thing that disturbs is how the media targets people with precision. They are like scavengers looking for someone to destroy. It’s creepy.

terryannonline on May 14, 2009 at 8:30 PM

I think that The San Francisco Treat targeted herself by beating the drum so loudly and so hypocritically for truth commissions, This, added to the on-again, off-again threats of prosecutions coming from the Administration was bound to elicit some pushback.

Nobody forced her to lie. She has become too enamored of the camera and too confident of her ability to dissemble without consequences and without mistakes.

hillbillyjim on May 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Can you say, Speaker Hoyer? I want Pelosi to go down and I want her to go down hard.

CP on May 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Maybe thirty years ago maybe,now not so much thanks

heshtesh on May 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM

“Anyone taking bets on Speaker Hoyer before 2010?”

ThePrez on May 14, 2009 at 8:13 PM

Please don’t say that, he’s my Congressman, and a tool of the first order. I vote against him every two years, yet I fail…

M-14 2go on May 14, 2009 at 9:08 PM

No, never forget, but get even.

Upstater85 on May 14, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I could care less if they cut his nuts off and pinned them to his eyes with those little corn cob holders.

I participated in Project 2,996 and it was still one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. How do you write a tribute to a person you’ve never met?

Pelosi, the Dems, the trolls, etc. can kiss my hairy, yellow a**. When innocent Americans die, I take it REAL personal. I can not abide treason.

wccawa on May 14, 2009 at 9:10 PM

The Strange Case of Her Royal Majesty Queen Pelosi and Madame Little Church Mouse is a real life psychodrama playing out in the aftermath of the election of 2006. It is about the bewilderment of the American citizen who sees in the same Speaker of the House strange dissonances between the quiet little church mouse, too bashful to even speak out when given CIA briefings on matters that she was very vehemently opposed to, and the misanthropic, always demanding, Royal Majesty Queen. It is a vivid portrayal of a totally split personality, totally split in the sense that within the very same person there is apparently both an exceedingly bashful and unassuming personality and an exceedingly demanding royal majesty personality, such as when she wants the best aircraft that the Air Force has and right now!, with each being quite distinct from the other. In mainstream culture the very phrase “Royal Queen and Little Church Mouse” will come to mean a person who’s personality is completely opposite in character from one circumstance to another.

In my many years of practice as the world’s greatest psychoanalyst, living or dead, I have never before seen anything quite like it.

Sigmund on May 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Sigmund on May 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM

+eleventy “The Many Faces of Nan”

you mean all this time we could have been friends??

//Nan

sven10077 on May 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM

A Balrog of Morgoth on May 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I can see Pelosi now, rolling a pair of ball bearings in her right hand, “Ah, but the strawberries! That’s, that’s where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, and with, with geometric logic, that, that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox did exist.”

coldwarrior on May 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM

M-14 2go on May 14, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Lived in Saint Charles for a while, and voted against Hoyer every time. But, the new immigrants from Capitol South into Charles County skewed the vote time and again.

coldwarrior on May 14, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Destroy this worthless idiot and do this country a service.

While you’re at it, take out the Gambino’s errand boy Reid to boot.

NoDonkey on May 14, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Oh, please. How long do you think Steny has been waiting to insert a live grenade into Nan’s nether regions, next to her left ear…so she hears the “bang”?

Harry Schell on May 14, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I’m curious: If the Dems don’t like Pelosi very much, how did she get the Speaker role?

terryannonline on May 14, 2009 at 8:40 PM

She got the position because she had dirt on most of the Dems who had to swing the vote for her. Think Murtha, et. al.

Now, if having collected enough dirt to be that effective, you would think that she might be cognizant of the potential repercussions of labeling as liars those who are professional dirt diggers.

Not. Real. Smart. Move.

Yoop on May 14, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Yoop on May 14, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I’m too big to fail….

//nan

your extra weight makes you pretty tipsy

//donks

sven10077 on May 14, 2009 at 9:38 PM

At the same time, rethinking, the whole saga is a tragedy of the first order.

That DC would descend into fratricide and fantasy at this point means the slobbos like me are going to get hammered while these intellectual titans play grab ass in the bushes and the country doesn’t get the adult supervision it needs, at multiple levels.

The Chinese say a fish rots from the head down, and indeed, the drive of Bama for personal power above all other objectives will cause him to allow pure chaos to reign. He has the most guns, and he will do what he wants, including being the advertising manager for Chrysler.

This excellent adventure for an empty man, controlling at a whim most of the financial system and major industrial corporations, dictating who serves and what they will be paid…cannot end well, for anyone but Bama. He will skim enough, put it in Switzerland or wherever.

We have joined the Third World. Bama’s faith in the UN reflects his comfort with the 90% of members who are screwing their citizens into the ground.

Harry Schell on May 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Well, just for the record, Nancy, did HuffPo inform you of this?

Obama To Revive Military Tribunals For Gitmo Detainees, With More Rights

Don’t worry, your base hasn’t called it torture yet

Upstater85 on May 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Just to recap:

Dems hate wall street
Dems hate cutting taxes
Dems hate Rush
Dems hate Fox
Dems hate free market
Dems hate the CIA

First Obama, and now Speaker Pelosi throw the CIA under the bus. This is getting scary. Without the CIA, what will happen to our country?

TN Mom on May 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM

TN Mom on May 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM

we’ll be without democrats before we’re without the farmboys…bank on it.

sven10077 on May 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I think Nancy may figure out what a “paygrade” means real soon.

IceCold on May 14, 2009 at 8:05 PM

For the record IceCold, I not only agree with what you’ve posted here, but I’ve also “stolen” your post and linked it from my site.

Rovin on May 14, 2009 at 10:42 PM

It’s funny… the MSM must have run out of the magical cover-up fairy dust after covering the Obama campaign…

Upstater85 on May 14, 2009 at 8:14 PM

It’s no match for Nancy’s leaf-blower. She blew that stuff all out the window.

Jim Treacher on May 14, 2009 at 10:47 PM

TN Mom on May 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM

If anyone goes under the bus, it’s gonna be Pelosi. Calling the CIA a bunch of liars = really bad idea.

uncivilized on May 14, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Remember the beginning, when she took the gavel, and she had all of her grandchildren on or near her lap(..shutter..) and it was “for the children” (gag!).

This is the beginning of the end.

thebrokenrattle on May 14, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Oh damn…..does this mean she’ll lose the Air Force jet?

red131 on May 14, 2009 at 11:19 PM

The fun part will be the MSM spinning to protect her. I wonder if they’ll come under CIA pressure. Heh. Who really runs the country again?

TinMan13 on May 14, 2009 at 11:30 PM

A Balrog of Morgoth on May 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Bwahahahahaha!!!

She’ll start with a ladle and a bucket of sand. And if that fails, she just fondle her ball bearings.

csdeven on May 15, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Obama has asked pictures be held. I suspect the CIA has a picture of his troo birth certificate.
I suspect nancy cranks up lying charges on the CIA, they will place a few dangerous leaks that hurt her here and there.

seven on May 15, 2009 at 12:57 AM

Let’s call a spade a spade…Pelosi and other Dems don’t go to these briefings, or even to the scheduled closed door intel committee briefings. They send staffers-sometimes. This is why the committees don’t keep records of the meetings.
She doesn’t remember because she wasn’t there
Wanna have some REAL FUN? Ask her if she went, and/or ask the committee chair today if they’ll release the attendance records.
Go back to 2002, they didn’t read the classified intel NIE on Iraq, some read the declassified version, then complained that it had been edited (forgetting that they had ignored the unedited version 2 days before). They’ve always gotten their intel from Daily KOS, Huffpo, KO, etc rather than from the classified briefings. That’s the real problem in effect, but the media’s in feeding frenzy mode. Now…the beast must be fed.

scottm on May 15, 2009 at 8:05 AM

All these people ganging up on Nancy, it must be, to paraphrase Garafolo, sexism and misogyny.

eaglewingz08 on May 15, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Pick your enemies carefully. And if you make war with the CIA, sleep won’t come easily, if at all. Watch what you say in private, Princess. You’ll never know who might be listening in…

itzWicks on May 15, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I vote we all work our butts off to make sure she stays in place and on the grill. She is doing more for Republican credibility building than anyone on the right.

Let her close her eyes and keep firing at herself.

ttime500 on May 15, 2009 at 1:40 PM

we’ll be without democrats before we’re without the farmboys…bank on it.

sven10077 on May 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Thanks for the opening to link one of my favorite music videos.

smellthecoffee on May 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM

She’s a stinking liar that needs to be gone. She had no business being the Speaker from the get go.

saiga on May 15, 2009 at 2:09 PM