Garofalo: No, seriously, tea partiers are racists

posted at 4:10 pm on May 12, 2009 by Allahpundit

The evidence: A single sign she saw at a single rally which, as Ace notes, almost certainly didn’t have any racial intent. But if St. Janeane, virtuous progressive, saith there be racism, then racism there be. My favorite part is when she wonders why tea partiers weren’t out in the streets last year protesting Bush’s then-record budget deficit; a better question, one Griff Jenkins lamentably didn’t think of, is why leftists who grumbled about Bush’s spending aren’t out in the streets now that Obama’s quadrupled it. Below the clip of Garofalo you’ll find the MoveOn ad from last March that Red State rediscovered last month. I’m surprised it hasn’t gotten more traction in conservative media, so perfectly does it capture liberal hypocrisy on this topic.

I’m not sure what she means by designating Barry Goldwater a true conservative and then dating the death of conservatism to the year his ideological heir was elected, but maybe we’ll figure it out in the comments. Fun fact: Minutes before this aired last night, over at MSNBC, the guy who egged on Garofalo during her now infamous descent into demagogic race-baiting insanity felt obliged to tut-tut Wanda Sykes for making jokes about 9/11. Calling Rush Limbaugh a hijacker in an obvious, if lame, attempt at humor? Too far. Smearing conservatives far and wide as racists and rednecks with the utmost seriousness? A-OK. That’s Olbylogic for you. Exit question for Kayo: How come equating Limbaugh with a terrorist is no-go but saying Fox News is “worse than Al Qaeda” is perfectly fine?

Update: A thought experiment to test Garofalo’s supposed respect for Goldwater: Imagine her reaction if a prominent Republican today said, “Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

At this point Garafalo has had her 15 minutes don’t you think?

petunia on May 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM

She is a disgusting bigot.

capitalist piglet on May 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

This “woman” is a buffoon. I was hoping Chloe would put a bullet in her head during last night’s episode of “24.”

Corky on May 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Beautiful on the inside and the outside.

jukin on May 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Isn’t “straight up” some sort of “black” slang?

Straight up G.

I love to hear this coming from the daughter of a Big Oil executive.

benrand on May 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Less Garafolo

More Prejean in lingerie

lorien1973 on May 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Actually, I now think she is insane.

AUINSC on May 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Loved the liberal “Child’s Pay” video. I guess there needs to be a new one for Barry’s spending, which shows child slave labor – oh, wait, the parents of those bill payers haven’t been born yet.

Vashta.Nerada on May 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Why is Odorman getting a pass? He said “uh-huh” to every idiotic assertion she made.

jgapinoy on May 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Turning hoses and dogs on black folks is racist; therefore, all democrats are racists.

SouthernGent on May 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM

erm….her complexion is starting to look like Phyllis Diller….

depressing she was *almost* cute in Mystery Men.

sven10077 on May 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

The only reason Goldwater is OK is because Hillary worked for him.

rock the casbah on May 12, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I actually feel sorry for her.
She seems so unhappy.

bridgetown on May 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Garofalo’s energy has always been fueled by hate and anger. Rush did the right thing by ignoring her.

perroviejo on May 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM

The gop’s Garofalo obsession is yielding huge dividends! Way to keep yer eyes on the ball.

benny shakar on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Her sole argument is: There were no tea parties when ‘W’ spent $$$$ on the war, therefore, tea-parties are racist.

She fails to acknowledge that $$$ spent to defeat an enemy is money well-spent. An there’ve been no further attacks on our soil as a result.

She also fails to acknowledge that Obama’s thru-the-roof spending has largely been spent on pork and cronyism.

Had ‘W’ done likewise, tea parties would’ve taken place much sooner.

guitarguy on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

You know, AP, that she is a single, atheist living in NYC. If you’re not too picky, there might be an opportunity there.

BigD on May 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

The gop’sMarxist Garofalo Limbaugh obsession is yielding huge dividends! Way to keep yer eyes on the ball.

benny shakar on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

sven10077 on May 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Notice,that if you give said Liberal enough rope,and
let them talk,they slowly hang themselves!!

While on the Olby show,their soundbites are nicely
crafted for Liberal kool-Aid consumption,but catching
Garofalo on the street her true colours come out!!

canopfor on May 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

THE BEST moment of this year’s TV season when Kiefer Sutherland (AKA Jack Bauer) literally tore Garafolo’s character a new one – in her face – when she questioned his tactics.

This woman is clueless.

jrlingreenbay on May 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

She was pushed into it and fell for it–splat! She was manipulated, lost her temper and only regained it when it was too late. I’d feel sorry for her if I liked her.

jeanie on May 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

benny shakar on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Then why are you worried about it?

AUINSC on May 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Leftism makes people ugly.

Cicero43 on May 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Keep ‘em comin’ Janeane.

ddrintn on May 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Can’t we just ignore her and not give her the attention and press she’s receiving? The more ‘spotlight’ she gets…the more she craves. It’s like those Mormons who dress alike (twin-like), going door to door…when they knock on your door, if you don’t answer…they go away.

JoeySlippers on May 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

benny shakar on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Benny, dear, aren’t you late for your “we envy Palin” book club meeting?

Time to go, dear.

tcn on May 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM

So if Reagan wasn’t a conservative, does that mean he was a liberal? Boy shes a moron.

News Flash Moron: you are not the arbiter of conservatism.

Speedwagon82 on May 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Always pay close attention to leftists’ accusations: it’s what they will to do to you when they have the power.

spmat on May 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

benny shakar on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Obsession? We’re not obsessed. Garofalo’s obsessed. Now you and Limbaugh and Palin… that’s obsession.

ddrintn on May 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Kayo: “Because Limbaugh isn’t beating the weewee out of me in the ratings.”

Patrick S on May 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I’m with lorien

Less garafolo

More hotties in lingerie

blatantblue on May 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Please. She is an airhead. I”m supposed to care what Garafalo thinks because . . . . . ?

kens on May 12, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Garofalo is a liberal Lesbian midget, who is just the right height for her girlfriend who uses her head as a resting place for her beer as Garofalo pleases her.

afotia on May 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM

benny shakar on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

We can multi-task, Benny.

Now get back to the drive thru before the cars back up.

BacaDog on May 12, 2009 at 4:27 PM

I was just reminded again from seeing the close-ups of her in daylight…being a lefty is hell on your looks…it’s gotta be all the bile that builds up over the years.

AUINSC on May 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I’m sure at one point in her life she wasn’t so militant, angry, delusional or self-righteous. She needs to work back to that happy place.

sherry on May 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

The Fox News interviewer was terrible. Could he not have at least mentioned the fact that conservatives have been irate about the Bush admin spending for years? If that didn’t satisfy her then he could also mention the fact that Conservatives were also passionately against his strive for Amnesty for illegals, affirmative action, campaign finance reform and were the sole reason Harriet Miers was not appointed to the Supreme Court. Then he could’ve brought up the hypocricy displayed by Liberals like Garafolo who were screeching about Bush’s deficits but remain silent at Obama quadruples them within his first 100 days.

How are we going to gain ground politically when we can’t even find people who can embarrass a dolt like Garafolo in a face to face confrontation?

Zetterson on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

please take down that close up picture of human swine flu!

SDarchitect on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

afotia on May 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I think she is a lesbian in the same sense the Transformer’s chick is bi…”marketing”

sven10077 on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Olbermann is so stupid. Obama basically admitted that he DOES overuse his teleprompter. Otherwise, why joke about it?

Speedwagon82 on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

benny shakar on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

benny is the only one who can only do one thing at a time; and he doesn’t even do that very well :(

lorien1973 on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Ya know,I’m pretty sure Garofalo is your average
typical Liberal,that believes this tea party
racism,after all dissent is patriotic,oh wait,
Democrats claim to own that as well!!

canopfor on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

There’s hate on the right also. Take how much I hate Garofalo for instance. Like Louis CK says, I actually have to stop what I’m doing so I can hate her with my whole body.

lowandslow on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Someone commented a few weeks back, that Garafalo, said a black person, that voted republican, or conservative, was a traitor.

That Ms.Garafalo, is the epitomy of racism. To say that a black person MUST vote Democrat, simply because they are black, makes you a racist. 100%

I also hear she is anti marriage, anti children. Well there must be a reason for that. Who’d touch ya honey?

capejasmine on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

She is the epitome of the average lefty today.

The left is bigoted as they accuse others of being bigots (see Gerafalo’s rants) They are fascist as they accuse others of being fascist (see Obama’s fiscal policies and “thugocracy”)

Their beliefs and values make no sense. When they claim compassion by strengthening welfare benefits and pushing people into it, they are actually enslaving people to the government in exchange for votes and yeilding control TO the government. Supporting the illegal immigrant influx….more slavery supported by the left. Hey, whatever it takes to get a voting bloc for a party who can’t win the battle of ideas.

Freedom of choice? Let’s just look at card check, banishing religious thought, character assassination when someone disagrees with them, etc.

How old is Garafalo? She acts EXACTLY like the dumb ass teenager who is SO sure of their rightousness and convictions yet is so very obviously wrong about EVERYTHING.

Goodeye_Closed on May 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

What a hateful, delusional sad representative of the species.
I won’t ask where her twisted logic and anger comes from because I honestly don’t care. Venting her hatred to a biased and very willing press is in vogue, I reckon. Nothing flattering or charming about her.

The fact that she has a bundle of issues is not what I question. The lack of Journalistic integrity amongst the Newsies that report her spew like nuggets of golden wisdom really gives me the red @ss. She is a world reknowned expert on absolutely nothing so I can’t understand why she gets media attention. The lack of civility is just appalling.

old trooper2 on May 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

The gop’s Garofalo obsession is yielding huge dividends!
benny shakar on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

What dividends? Are MSNBC’s ratings in Fox’s league? And last time I heard, the majority of the country had a positive view of the tea parties.

You fringe kooks want soooooo badly to be mainstream…

ddrintn on May 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

And do they have to zoom in on her face like that? My goodness I just ate lunch.

Zetterson on May 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I actually have to stop what I’m doing so I can hate her with my whole body.

lowandslow on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Is that what the kids call it these days?

lorien1973 on May 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM

You guys, we’re beating a dead horse. This person has severe psychiatric problems. She is full of hate – starting with hatred for herself.

I agree with Petunia:

At this point Garafalo has had her 15 minutes don’t you think?
petunia on May 12, 2009 at 4:13 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on May 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

What a singularly unpleasant woman.

Blacksheep on May 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM

It’s the glasses. They make her smart.

ronsfi on May 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM

OK, … I posted:

I agree with Petunia -

[quote]

OhEssYouCowboys on May 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Goodeye_Closed on May 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I think she’s a 13-year-old trapped in a 45-year-old body.

ddrintn on May 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Ugly lesbian on the outside, even uglier lesbian on the inside.

Go away.

You-Eh-Vee on May 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Janeane, go take a bath.

crazy_legs on May 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Have you ever noticed that those who indulge in the accusations and politics of “racism,” are the ones who are full of hatred?

OhEssYouCowboys on May 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I don’t care what she thinks about me any more than I care what the Goth kids who hang out at Borders think. She seems a very sad, angry gal in need of something constructive to do. Banzai trees, perhaps…

Part of me thinks she was trying to be outrageous for outrageous’ sake. (A la, Ann Coulter without the humor, beauty, or shred of honesty.) For the most part, she’s an echo chamber without an original thought. It’s easier to call us racists than analyze an argument. Conservatives did protest Pres. Bush when he began the bailout orgy and at other critical legislative points. However, the abuse is being increased now and things take time to reach their limit. If Pres. Bush was still in office an following the same spending path as Pres. Obama, I guarantee you I and other conservatives would have been in the streets.

One could ask where her anti-war protesters are right now? If it was so bad under Bush, where’s her argument for war in Afghanistan and Iraq now?

simon on May 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Do people remember the calls to conservative talk shows during the 2006 election where angry with the elected GOP? They stayed home rather than vote for a big government republican. So to ask, “Where were they during Bush’s spending spree?” Their concerns were being ignored by the elected GOP.

lwssdd on May 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I need to talk to Cindy Munford or Ladyingray to clear my head of this demon.

blatantblue on May 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM

She looks like someone lit her face on fire and beat it out with a shovel.

CurtZHP on May 12, 2009 at 4:37 PM

BigD on May 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM

ahahaha. There you go. He once tried to say us ladies would date Olberman if he made 4million a year and I got a little sick. So the question today is, admit it AP, you’d go out with her if she made 4 mill a year, wouldn’t ya?

scalleywag on May 12, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Garafalo…sad excuse for a human. I am OFFENDED. /sarc

Pathetically limited.

LEBA on May 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

What a racist little b!tch.

sonofdy on May 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

scalleywag on May 12, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I woudn’t wish that on anyone.

upinak on May 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Ms. Garafalo appears to exhibit all the symptoms of “Ugly Girl Syndrome” which is usually caused by male rejection. I’ve seen it many times. Symptoms include, bitterness, sloppiness, no attention to personal grooming and hygiene, and a complete lack of feminine wiles. In it’s advanced stages, the patient will forego any and all attempts at appearing femimine, including but not limited to sporting large ugly tattos, choppy haircut, androgenous clothing, and a hatred of all things remotely conservative. Treatment includes flowers, gifts and sweet kisses from a handsome, alpha male.

bloggless on May 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

lorien1973 on May 12, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Careful, there, Lorien. Benny is a she. She was outed a long time ago by C4P. She’s one of those Palin harassers being paid by Soros et.al. So far as I can tell, she has no other job, and I’m sure she has little reason d’etre.

tcn on May 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

She reminds me of some of our trolls, and the picture you posted confirms it…she IS a troll.

scalleywag on May 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

The difference between the two top pictures on the site right now (Prejean v. Garafolo) is quite striking.

Ferris on May 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM

admit it AP, you’d go out with her if she made 4 mill a year, wouldn’t ya?

scalleywag on May 12, 2009 at 4:37 PM

$4 million?

He’d have done it for an I-Phone not so long ago.

BacaDog on May 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM

benny shakar on May 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Benny, what dividens? I didn’t realize garofalo’s name was a spot on the S&P. Wanna clarify what you say there ya dildo.

upinak on May 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM

scalleywag on May 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

This was her before all the facial reconstruction:

blatantblue on May 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Small, petty, unattractive, and bitter. Describes EVERY liberal woman out there.
She is no longer attractive enough to go around having indescriminate sex with faceless, nameless men, she has no husband or family to speak of so the only thing that she has to hang on to is her bitterness. Did you notice the way she kept looking at the people she was with for some sort of validation? Looks like someone has daddy issues. Maybe she wasn’t hugged enough.

milwife88 on May 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Update: A thought experiment to test Garofalo’s supposed respect for Goldwater:

Bomb the hell out of Vietnam and get it over with.

maverick muse on May 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM

tcn on May 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Say Jeanee’s name. It makes life easier to bare!

upinak on May 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I woudn’t wish that on anyone.

upinak on May 12, 2009 at 4:38 PM

That’s what I said about Olby! :)

scalleywag on May 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Garofalo = sperm receptacle. (maybe)

BobMbx on May 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM

she is hilariously entertaining.

if i ever start to agree with her on anything i will reevaluate my position immediately.

patriette on May 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I just love the law of unintended consequences………….

……….. I don’t think this is going to turn out as well for her as her circle of liberal friends are telling her.

Seven Percent Solution on May 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

This is from Wikipedia on her. Wonder what her stance is on big oil? Emphasis mine.

Garofalo was born in Newton, New Jersey, the daughter of Joan, a secretary in the petrochemical industry who died of cancer when Janeane was 24, and Carmine Garofalo, a former executive at Exxon

milwife88 on May 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

blatantblue on May 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Matches her insides!

scalleywag on May 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

It’s even worse than that, AP, if we recall the “Special Commentary” where he claimed the “Republican party is the leading terror group in America” (youtube link).

A comedian calling Limbaugh a terrorist is tut-tutted by Olbermann but the fraud himself labeling the entire party as terrorists is somehow acceptable.

SteveMG on May 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I bet she’s offended by Christians…tolerance, not!

kirkill on May 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM

milwife88 on May 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

She probably hates her Dad.. so she probably hates big oil. Trust me.

upinak on May 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I don’t recall anyone demanding her to apologize, but I suppose it gets her attention on conservative outlets such as this one. She is only sorry that Wanda Sykes got the gig at the WHCD.

Vera71 on May 12, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I kept hoping she would turn out to be a mole on 24, never did though, sigh…

She is a good example of liberal compassion.

jeffn21 on May 12, 2009 at 4:49 PM

upinak on May 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I agree.

milwife88 on May 12, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Garofalo = sperm receptacle. (maybe)
BobMbx on May 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Not anyone who calls himself a real man.

PappaMac on May 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM

When the attack comes, and it will, I hope she is in the thick of it.

faol on May 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I’m really torn. Do I cancel my preorder for 24 Season 7 on Blu-ray? I can’t stomach the thought of this sorry excuse for a human being getting one cent in residuals from me.

I used to defend Garafalo because she was on The Ben Stiller Show. I was one of the 14 people who watched that short-lived series when it originally aired. But she’s clearly got some emotional issues. Maybe it’s because her career’s in the toilet. No one’s casting her in movies(at least not of the live action variety). She failed as a radio host. She’s unlikely to return next season on 24. Hell, even Ben Stiller can’t find a role for her in his films anymore.

When they’re no longer relevant, some people in Hollywood feel the only way to get attention is to say offensive, inflamatory things. And they know attacking the right is a safe play since neither the press nor the entertainment industry will be upset. The problem for these celebrities though is that their favorite whipping boy, Dubya, is gone. And no prominent Republicans are left to trash. So they’re left going after Rush, or Carrie Prejean, or Glenn Beck, or Joe the Plumber, or the tea party attendees. And most of the aforementioned are regular Americans which is a dangerous group to attack when your livelihood depends on them seeing your movies and watching your TV shows.

Doughboy on May 12, 2009 at 4:55 PM

That’s … an extremely uncomfortable close up shot.

TheUnrepentantGeek on May 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Who care what this C-Rate says?! Why give her a platform.

romanianhacker on May 12, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Unless Chloe beats the snot out of the Garaofola character next week, I’m totally done with 24 forever.

BitterClinger on May 12, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I kept hoping she would turn out to be a mole on 24, never did though, sigh…

jeffn21 on May 12, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Funny how the biological plague on Jack wasn’t going to hurt anyone hugging him as he emerged from being re-exposed.

We’ll see about next season’s moles.

The issue of whether a great leader will sacrifice his own life, or his child’s life in order to save an entire population is concerning.

/Sacrifice Garofalo.

maverick muse on May 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Tolerance: liberals sure have a monopoly on that… lol

I went back to photos that I took at the TEA party in Phoenix (one of the largest in the country) to look for evidence of racist signs that people were allegedly holding up. Of the dozen or so photos I had of the protest from various locations throughout the crowd I could not find a single sign that any reasonable person could consider racist in subject or tone. But I was there, so I’m a racist too.

Scrappy on May 12, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Say Jeanee’s name. It makes life easier to bare!

upinak on May 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Good point. But I’d really rather not talk about it, sort of turns the stomach.

tcn on May 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM

To the people actually in touch with reality,TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN DEFICITS in just months and counting is a far cry from the 4.6 billion that Bush racked up in 8 years before the democratically supported TARP was instituted.

Garfalo was whining and complaining then but trillion dollar deficits and waging war are now okay since a democrat is in office since Garfalo has not called Clinton or Obama nazis and war criminals yet.

where were her and her liberal friends?

I guess they were in the same place that liberals were when Bill Clinton was attacking a country that had not attacked us,against the will of the UN (Bosnia).
I guess they are in the same place that liberals are now that Obama is keeping the troops in Iraq,bombing villages, killing civilians,using Rendition,NSA wiretaps,enhanced interrogation,and other policies they called Bush a war criminal for doing.
I am waiting for the super smart,moral liberal princess Garofalo and her hollywood friends to take to the streets and denounce the actions of the CHICKEN HAWK OBAMA AND CLINTON.
But “WAR IS THE ANSWER” when a democrat is President just like Obama being against gay marriage is ok also.

Is is hilarious to watch how pathetic liberals like Garofalo are when spinning,lying,and whining to square the circle of their obvious hypocrisy on every issue they cry about.

Baxter Greene on May 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM