Garofalo: No, seriously, tea partiers are racists

posted at 4:10 pm on May 12, 2009 by Allahpundit

The evidence: A single sign she saw at a single rally which, as Ace notes, almost certainly didn’t have any racial intent. But if St. Janeane, virtuous progressive, saith there be racism, then racism there be. My favorite part is when she wonders why tea partiers weren’t out in the streets last year protesting Bush’s then-record budget deficit; a better question, one Griff Jenkins lamentably didn’t think of, is why leftists who grumbled about Bush’s spending aren’t out in the streets now that Obama’s quadrupled it. Below the clip of Garofalo you’ll find the MoveOn ad from last March that Red State rediscovered last month. I’m surprised it hasn’t gotten more traction in conservative media, so perfectly does it capture liberal hypocrisy on this topic.

I’m not sure what she means by designating Barry Goldwater a true conservative and then dating the death of conservatism to the year his ideological heir was elected, but maybe we’ll figure it out in the comments. Fun fact: Minutes before this aired last night, over at MSNBC, the guy who egged on Garofalo during her now infamous descent into demagogic race-baiting insanity felt obliged to tut-tut Wanda Sykes for making jokes about 9/11. Calling Rush Limbaugh a hijacker in an obvious, if lame, attempt at humor? Too far. Smearing conservatives far and wide as racists and rednecks with the utmost seriousness? A-OK. That’s Olbylogic for you. Exit question for Kayo: How come equating Limbaugh with a terrorist is no-go but saying Fox News is “worse than Al Qaeda” is perfectly fine?

Update: A thought experiment to test Garofalo’s supposed respect for Goldwater: Imagine her reaction if a prominent Republican today said, “Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

And the million man marchers were………..?????????

roninacreage on May 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM

And the 99.99% of blacks who voted Obama were……….????????????

roninacreage on May 12, 2009 at 5:10 PM

And Rev. Wright and his followers of 20 years are…………????????????????????

roninacreage on May 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Can’t you put a banner over this obscene photo? She looks as bad as she acts on 24

Amazed on May 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Just think you could be married to someone like this.Can you think what it would be like to wake up in the morning look across the bed and see that face looking back at you.Excuse me while i go throw up.

thmcbb on May 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Um, only 94% of blacks voted for the “filthy liar” POTUS. Just sayin.

Califemme on May 12, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Time for an advertiser boycott of “24″. Free speech, ya know.

eaglesdontflock on May 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Check out the humorless unwashed skanks behind her.
Bad taste signs? Give a leftist an ounce of their own tactics and the sniviling never ends.

RobCon on May 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM

JoeKneed GoBarforBlow.

roninacreage on May 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM

She is out for her double espresso Kool-Aid no doubt.

RobCon on May 12, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Ugly and unfunny is no way to go through life, missy.

madne0 on May 12, 2009 at 5:20 PM

scrubbiedude on May 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

My 14 year old daughter and I agreed last night, that the best ending to 24 this season would a final scene where Chloe picks up a keyboard or an LCD monitor, and smashes it right into GoBarfalos face. That would be awesome.
Number one on YouTube for weeks.

roninacreage on May 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I liked in the interview how she said, “where were these teabaggers over the last 8 years”?

My answer to her is “standing up for Michael Steele while the lefties were throwing OREO’s at him.”

But I’m just a RACIST!!!

The women is a cool-aid drinking Skank.

Bicyea on May 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Notice the one nostril is larger? That must be her “Blow Hole”.

ronsfi on May 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Yeah, but unfortunately no one on the right seems to be doing a very great (and articulate) job of making this point.

Someone needs to have her on their show and explain this to her. Have Janeane spar with some of her alleged intellectual capacity… We have to give her credit for answering the questions, now someone should have an honest to goodness debate with her.

Upstater85 on May 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Garofalo: No, seriously, tea partiers are racists

No, seriously, you are a b!tch.

sonofdy on May 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Del Dolemonte on May 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

In the words of my son:

“That Woman’s Nasty”.

I will withhold comment of my own for I believe that what might come from my mind through my fingertips, onto this board might light this beyatch on fire. She’d/it would cry.

Key West Reader on May 12, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Upstater85 on May 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Yes, exactly. This is the entire point of the post I made earlier in this thread. The Fox reporter here did a horrendous job.

Zetterson on May 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM

What an ugly b!tch. And I mean that in the truest sense… she’s an ugly-ass hound dog.

ErinF on May 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Zetterson on May 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Yeah, I wouldn’t have expected a lot out of him… but you would have thought he could have been a little less “judgmental,” if he wasn’t willing to defend the Tea Baggers himself.

Upstater85 on May 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM

That picture of her has to be one of the best yet. She looks half stoned, and half recovering from a hangover. She also looks like she has TEABAGS under her eyes.

portlandon on May 12, 2009 at 5:44 PM

She is no longer attractive enough to go around having indescriminate sex with faceless, nameless men, she has no husband or family to speak of so the only thing that she has to hang on to is her bitterness.

She was never good looking in the first place. She only got famous because Ben Stiller dated her.

Speedwagon82 on May 12, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Who cares what this silly woman says?

Terrye on May 12, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Please let’s stop giving this committed nincompoop the courtesy of a response.

redfoxbluestate on May 12, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Please God, let Chloe go full Jack Bauer on her next Monday night…

Bruno Strozek on May 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM

tell me again why anybody cares what this dolt says.slowly i want to write it down.

wade underhile on May 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM

wade underhile on May 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I care about what she says… If we don’t listen to what this true representative of the left is saying, we aren’t going to see what their next “plan” is… We should be watching people like her… then fight back hard (and with words instead of 5sec clips of her rantings…)

Upstater85 on May 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Amazed on May 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM

She and Chloe on24 had the most amazingly bad scene Monday nite. Both actresses are awful.

Jamson64 on May 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM

She’d be ugly if it weren’t for the glasses.

platypus on May 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM

wade underhile on May 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Like picking a scab I guess

Jamson64 on May 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM

The funny thing is, the left call’s Prejean a ‘dumb bitch’. Garofalo couldn’t find her own fat ass with a GPS and flashlight.

GarandFan on May 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I kind of understand how such an ugly woman such as Garofolo can be against marriage, and traditional values and all the conservative ideals she whales against in her efforts for shock notoriety via Youtube videos.
She is typical of the other liberal poster-women I loathe; Streisand, Rosie, Joy Behar and Oprah.

ObamatheMessiah on May 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM

I wonder who wrote her lines?

elifino on May 12, 2009 at 6:22 PM

OMG this person is soooooo ugly, how did she ever get on TV? Ugly and stupid, and rude…go figure. Do people really like this witch??….*sigh*

clinker46 on May 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM

She’d be ugly if it weren’t for the glasses.
platypus on May 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM

LMAO…..thanks, I needed that…

clinker46 on May 12, 2009 at 6:31 PM

This dumb white bitch is as stupid as the dumb black boy in the White house; Neither can pass a Bar Exam!

Cybergeezer on May 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Garofalo: No, seriously, tea partiers are racists

Garofalo? Who the hell is that?

What rock are all these ugly creatures crawling out from under?

Tuco on May 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM

I wonder who wrote her lines?

elifino on May 12, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Joseph Goebbels?

MB4 on May 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM

The people in the background. It was like that attack of the “Hippy commune”.

Oh. Damn.

“Hippy”, right. Well kids, a long time ago there were these kids that….uh did any of you see the movie Conan? Yes? Ok, remember when Conan met the “Children of Doom”? Like that. Remember, they worshiped a “Messiah like” black man who lived in a large white house and held power over his followers so that they would do whatever he commanded. Yes, kids, just like Obama.

GunRunner on May 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Gawd she’s ugly! Isn’t she?

CH on May 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM

No, seriously. Janaeane is an imbecile

ToddonCapeCod on May 12, 2009 at 6:48 PM

My thoughts exactly!
Griff Jenkins rocks!

Glenn Jericho on May 12, 2009 at 6:56 PM

The he/she Garofalo caught outside a starbucks. Uhm, Levin is right about starbucks and the latte liberal. But hey lets see less of the he/she Garofalo and more of Miss California!

jbh45 on May 12, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Galloping to the bottom of the sewer as fast as she can.

Texyank on May 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Her name says it all:

Garoflmao

The Evil Doctor K on May 12, 2009 at 7:16 PM

If it was not racist, then what?

d1carter on May 12, 2009 at 7:26 PM

…wait a minute!

…when they want to distract everyone from actual hard news (the creeping state, the burgeoning budget, setting the Middle East up for disaster, socializing everything from healthcare to you kid’s lemonade stand), don’t they usually throw out stories (e.g., Ms. Prejean and pissing off the pervs) about women you’d actually like to have sex with?

…if so, then all this Garofalo noise is an abrupt departure from that….

…or, maybe St. Janeane’s agent has some sort of exposure deal with the 24-hour news cycle magi to supply them with meaningless drivel for folks to rattle on about….

…sheesh…the gal’s a skank…a glib skank, but a skank nonetheless….

…let’s just move along…maybe the news’ll go back to presenting us with more appetizing distractions (Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, maybe Carmen Electra in a love triange with Brangelina)….

Puritan1648 on May 12, 2009 at 7:29 PM

jbh45 on May 12, 2009 at 6:57 PM

…maybe Griff could’ve staked her out at a Denny’s drinking “reg’lar folks” coffee?

…naaaaaaaaaaaah….

Puritan1648 on May 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Actually, I now think she is insane.

AUINSC on May 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Me too. When I saw this clip tonight, that was my conclusion.

Seeing her the first time with Oberman was enough to make me suspicious; last night’s clip clinched it.

Alana on May 12, 2009 at 7:39 PM

She’s hideous…inside and out.

therightwinger on May 12, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Garofalo: No, seriously, tea partiers are racists

]

Seriously Janeane, get back into the boxcar that you crawled out off. Because nothing you have to say is relevant, or means anything of importance!

byteshredder on May 12, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Who the hell is this ugly woman who keeps calling normal folks racist?

1sttofight on May 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I like Griff Jenkins, he does some tough interviews. And I was at that Tea Party in DC, I got there late but stayed till the bitter end, and he was there when I left. To answer his question at the end, what do these bitter leftys want…? I truly don’t think they’ll be happy until all dissent from their point of view is totally crushed and the leaders either in jail or dead. That is seriously what I think might make them happy. Well at least happy in their minds, because if we had that situation in actuality, we’d be living under communism and then no one would be happy except the few in power.

4shoes on May 12, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Garofalo = sperm receptacle. (maybe)

BobMbx on May 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Only if it was clawing its way up her leg in a desperate attempt to get out of direct sunlight.

CurtZHP on May 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I loved watching the character Jack Bauer tear her a new one, twice on 24 over the past 2 episodes.

She is such a weasel, a sad human being.

FireBlogger on May 12, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Of course, she doesn’t apologize. She’s totally, incurably batshit insane. If she weren’t, she’d live in the real world where people with jobs protest outrageous government spending rather than burn crosses or lynch people.

chunderroad on May 12, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Well, she answered the question. Anyone who protests now who didn’t protest Bush is a Racist.

Odd definition, but she’s entitled to her world, I guess.

AnninCA on May 12, 2009 at 8:57 PM

She has stereotyped people as bigoted.

This has to be some kind of “irony humor,” we’re all just too slow to get it.

29Victor on May 12, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Why do we care what this vapid celebrity thinks?

Bartrams Garden on May 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Ms. Garofalo serves as a cautionary tale for all young liberal woman who aspire to a life of abortion and meaningless sex on demand. See where it gets you?

CarolynM on May 12, 2009 at 9:24 PM

Aren’t those herpe sores on her lips?

wepeople on May 12, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Her name says it all:

Garoflmao

The Evil Doctor K on May 12, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I’m partial to Godawfulho

chewydog on May 12, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Why is it racist to liken President Obama to Todd Bridges’ character Willis? Todd Bridges did cocaine–just like Obama. Todd Bridges was represented in court by Johnny Cochran, a man in the mold of Reverend Wright. And Willis Drummond was raised by white people and attended prestigious schools–just like President Obama in Hawaii!

Who doesn’t love Different Strokes, a show that routinely addressed racism? Garafalo should be happy that conservatives are mining 1980′s pop-culture classics to lambaste Barry.

Would I be more or less racist if I compared him to Dwayne Wayne from A Different World? You can’t call a man racist who grew up watching and loving Lisa Bonet! Come on, Jenene! Even you can see that!

Personally, I’d prefer if B.O took cues from Carl Winslow from Family Matters (and the voice of TMNT’s “Shredder”)…but it’s not going to happen. A man can dream, can’t he. A man can dream…

watchmen on May 12, 2009 at 9:53 PM

she’s an ugly-ass hound dog.

My two Norwegian Elk Hounds took umbrage at your “…ugly-ass hound dog” comment. They have requested your address so that they might come visit you.

oldleprechaun on May 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM

“Why are you complaining about Obama burning down your house? Don’t you remember when Bush lit a match?”

Jim Treacher on May 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Amazed on May 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM:

Well, she pretends to hate terrorists and wants to protect America…that’s pretty good acting on her part.

Personally, I just want to say to her: “We get it. You’re ugly. Both inside and out. Now please stop trying to convince us.”

ynot4tony2 on May 12, 2009 at 9:59 PM

I thought visual pollution was a hate crime.

chemman on May 12, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Tell me again why we care what Garofalo has to say?

J.E. Dyer on May 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM

She owes someone for a broken camera.

BDavis on May 12, 2009 at 10:11 PM

horrible actress… still needs a shower.

thedude on May 12, 2009 at 10:31 PM

just another waste of oxygen…

DCJeff on May 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM

How did Griff possibly get that close to Garobuffalo? Her breath smells like the outhouse door on a tuna boat. I DARE this unwashed dyke to call me a racist, I voted for the black guy…ALAN KEYES. Too bad Keifer Sutherland didn’t headbutt this walking infestation on 24.

nelsonknows on May 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM

That’s EASY!

Cuz

‘It isn’t Hip’ to Protest Obama’s spending!

Kinda sorta like when she didn’t protest Clinton’s wars.

Janeane Garofalo: ‘It Wasn’t Hip’ to Protest Clinton’s Wars

DSchoen on May 12, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Who the hell is this ugly woman who keeps calling normal folks racist?
1sttofight on May 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM

She’s a true-blue Democrat.

ddrintn on May 12, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Talk about bloated and irritable. Man, even her nose hairs are clenched in that SnoutCam perspective.

viking01 on May 13, 2009 at 12:14 AM

You can’t take anything said by Goldwater in the last 10 years of his life as Conservative. He basically had Alzheimer’s and his trophy wife was using him to make political statements. She isn’t a Conservative. She isn’t much more than a bottom feeding golddigger.

Tim Burton on May 13, 2009 at 12:46 AM

A little Clearasil would help…well, the outside anyway…uh, make that Clearasil Ultra…and lots of it…straight up, Dog!

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 13, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Check out the humorless unwashed skanks behind her.
Bad taste signs. Give a leftist an ounce of their own tactics and the sniviling never ends.
RobCon on May 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Like “Tea bagging”, “Bushitler”, “Bushit”, “Bush lied. people died”, “kill Bush”, “Nazi”, “Facist”?

And I heartd they were the party of peace?

dthorny on May 13, 2009 at 5:11 AM

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 13, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Can we use an eraser on her? A terminator?

dthorny on May 13, 2009 at 5:12 AM

Heh, even at my most kegged out kegger at 3:30 am, I wouldn’t. BTW, nice artwork honey.

Alden Pyle on May 13, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Have Janeane spar with some of her alleged intellectual capacity…

Upstater85 on May 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Um, who? Rainman? The only people as stupid as her (that I can think of) are all leftist lemmings too.

Squiggy on May 13, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I would rather be considered a racist that a crazy commie who does not feel anyone is smarter that she is.

Because these demonstrations did not take place during the last eight years, she equates the demonstration as racist.

She cannot see through her high priced glasses that her idol is in the process of making U.S. a communist ruled country. She has to retake History and see that Marxists and Stalinist believers used, are the techniques being used by her heart throb to take control of U.S.

MSGTAS on May 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

“I’m trying to figure out something I liked her in. I guess Mysterymen but then again she actually detracted more from the film and made it worse for me then it should been if they got someone else.”
Couldn’t agree more…

scrubbiedude on May 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Couldn’t agree more…

Her cynicism/hatred oozes out of every stinking pore on her racist bigoted body, poisoning all things and people that suffer her vapors. She stinks real bad….

Army Brat on May 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM

This so-called woman is nothing but a racist, bed wetting pig, and should be treated as one!

Confederate on May 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Dy-no-mite!!!!!!!!!!!

Hening on May 13, 2009 at 4:45 PM

RedState beat me to it – great minds think alike I guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJe0cclRkT8

FuriousAmerican on May 14, 2009 at 8:40 AM